Deep 6 FaWtL


Off-Topic Discussions

126,251 to 126,300 of 239,822 << first < prev | 2521 | 2522 | 2523 | 2524 | 2525 | 2526 | 2527 | 2528 | 2529 | 2530 | 2531 | next > last >>

captain yesterday wrote:
That. Is. Awesome.

Someone call?


gran rey de los mono wrote:

... PBR or Natty Light in them thar cans? 'Causen that's what we's gots 'round these here parts.[/drawl]

Head a coupla hours west and you'll be in the heart of Stag Beer country, foulest stuff to have ever passed my lips. Once.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

lions are always naked. this is no surprise.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Mythic Tacticslion wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:
That. Is. Awesome.
Someone call?

I don't think it was intended as booty call...


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

You obviously never had Milwaukee's Best.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Nothing is lining up here it seems.

Shadow Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Round 2 of Legacy of Fire character creation sessions tonight. The sorcerer and investigator are pretty set, the harbinger is waffling between that and switching to an Akashic Mysteries class. I'm going to be walking the prospective summoner through eidolon-building tonight, while the other three hash out the last bits of character creation and backstory.

Silver Crusade

Are you doing the Usummoner or regular


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Oops. *returns fur to its place, and re-covers himself*


1 person marked this as a favorite.

there is no escape from the furries


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Aniuś the Talewise wrote:
there is no escape from the furries

DAAARRRRNNNN YYYOOOUUUUU, IIINNNNTEEERRRNNNNEEEEE~EET~!

*mumbles about mythic weakness while shuffling off sheepishly*

Shadow Lodge

Tin Foil Yamakah wrote:
Are you doing the Usummoner or regular

Regular.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

I need to watch Lost Boys so I can strike the right balance of Simon Belmont and Frog Brothers.

It's been a long time, too long.


3 people marked this as a favorite.

The British Empire

Empire - A taste for power (Episode 1) BBC documentary.

Empire - Making orselves at home (Episode 2) BBC documentary.

Empire - Playing the game (Episode 3) BBC documentary.

Empire - Making a fortune (Episode 4) BBC documentary.

Empire - Doing good (Episode 5) BBC Documentary.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Oh great the old chick that always wants to chat is at the park.

One of these days I'll remember not to sit by the swings.

I'll move anyway.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Freehold DM wrote:

All this talk about density reminds me of David's visit.

He mentioned that high rises made him uncomfortable, or were at least of putting with respect to living in a city.

Very true. I did my growing up almost entirely in pretty rural areas-- Minetto, New York (pop. ~1,600) from birth until age 6; Fairview, Pennsylvania (pop. ~10,000) from age 6 until age 12; and Ticonderoga & Putnam Station, New York (pop. ~5,000 and ~600, respectively) until relatively recently. Syracuse (pop. ~150,000) is the largest city I've lived near, much less in. I get antsy if I can't see woods, mountains, or open highway.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

That's me, in terms of antsy. That said, I did and do really like Miami - it was very green. The convenience of "any time many where" was quite wonderful and is definitely missed, as is "things in walking distance".

Otherwise, I vastly prefer less dense regions - apartment living is stressful, frustrating, and embarrassing.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Aniuś the Talewise wrote:

i don't get why people like taking adderall recreationally

it works for my adhd but at the cost of making me feel light and shaky like I was both food and sleep deprived, without feeling hungry or the need to sleep

I used to have a prescription for the generic, and it made me feel similar. If I had a big project to work on, I would double or triple up and get a s*$@-ton of work done, but I'd always end up puking afterwards.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Tacticslion wrote:

That's me, in terms of antsy. That said, I did and do really like Miami - it was very green. The convenience of "any time many where" was quite wonderful and is definitely missed, as is "things in walking distance".

Otherwise, I vastly prefer less dense regions - apartment living is stressful, frustrating, and embarrassing.

I actually like living near a city, because cities have things to do, but I do need that easy escape route. I think it would be great to live in a place like Syracuse (medium-sized city surrounded by miles and miles of farms and woods), only somewhere warm and with actual people and jobs and stuff.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Celestial Healer wrote:
Original untitled. Wow. It is substantially older than FAWTL.

Untitled has been a thread on the forums as long as I've been a member.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Treppa wrote:
That thar fung shway is amazin'!

Pretty fun schway, right brah?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
captain yesterday wrote:
You obviously never had Milwaukee's Best.

Hipsters drink it because the name is ironic.


6 people marked this as a favorite.

LOL. Just like Britney Spears, "Oops, I did it again!"

Posted outside of the AP/Campaign Journals/FaWtL area and someone's trying to pick a fight.

I love the constant reminders that you shouldn't post anywhere outside those limited sub-forums.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
NobodysHome wrote:

LOL. Just like Britney Spears, "Oops, I did it again!"

Posted outside of the AP/Campaign Journals/FaWtL area and someone's trying to pick a fight.

I love the constant reminders that you shouldn't post anywhere outside those limited sub-forums.

I'm sorry. Look: we're just passionate nerds! It's who we aaa-ha-ha-haaarrrrr...~! Q.Q

EDIT: Oh, it's Anzyr. I like him, but even when he's right (which is often enough) he can oft come off as arrogant, presumptive, and rude. It's just his way - I'd not let it bother you. He's an okay guy, if you get to know him a bit. :D
(Then again, I think most people are, so, I suppose you could take that with a grain of salt, but... I wouldn't. Then again, I'm me, so I suppose you could take that with a grain of salt, but... I wouldn't. Then again, I'm-)


5 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

It is amazing how antagonistic people can be about how other people that they'll never meet interpret or use a system of guidelines.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
captain yesterday wrote:
It is amazing how antagonistic people can be about how other people that they'll never meet interpret or use a system of guidelines.

Welcome. TO. THE INTERNET~!

I'd put more sparkles and special effects around "Internet", but what you see is about all you're getting out of this forum's code.


4 people marked this as a favorite.

In other news, I've been spending my commutes for the past several years listening to my big box of "Great Courses" lectures on ancient history. One lecturer, Prof. Kenneth W. Harl of Tulane University, seems to pop up again and again. You can tell that the guy is incredibly knowledgeable (he's done multiple lectures for the Great Courses Series, after all), but he really isn't that great at the whole "giving lectures" thing, considering he f#&+s up constantly, calling things and people by the wrong name, mispronouncing things, and telling parts of irrelevant stories that go nowhere. He's like the lovable, eccentric, slightly senile grandfather I never had. In his honor, I present to you...

The Official Kenneth W. Harl Drinking Game:

Take a sip:
- any time he mispronounces the words "allies," "depot," "levy," or "cavalry"
- any time he mentions Septimius Severus or Julia Domna
- any time he mentions his background in numismatics (usually prefaced by "I'm not sure if I've mentioned it before, but...")
- any time he refers to Vespasian as being a "no-nonsense kind of guy"
- whenever he can't decide whether to use the classical or modern pronunciation of a Latin name and accidentally produces a jumbled mix of both
- any time he conspicuously coughs and ruffles the papers on his lectern

Take a shot:
- any time he finds a new way of mispronouncing the words "allies," "depot," "levy," or "cavalry"
- any time he mentions Septimius Severus and Julia Domna
- any time he mentions his students making fun of him for always talking about Septimius Severus and Julia Domna
- any time he swaps AD for BC (or CE for BCE)
- whenever he pronounces "Gallic" as "Gaelic," or refers to the Gauls as "gals" by mistake

Finish your drink:
- any time he refers to a figure from ancient history like they're one of his college buddies (for example, Alexander the Great = "Alex," Philip of Macedon = "Phil," Julius Caesar = "Jules," etc.)
- any time he swaps the name of whoever he's talking about for the name of the person he last talked about (for example, referring to "Hadrian's, uh, adopted son, ah, Hadrian. I mean, Antoninus Pius.") Then, take another drink because you're a nerd for noticing)
- whenever he accidentally drops something and/or bumps the microphone
- any time he goes off-topic and finishes the story with "well, whatever, you can guess what happened next," then blunders into the next lecture topic


1 person marked this as a favorite.
David M Mallon wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:
You obviously never had Milwaukee's Best.
Hipsters drink it because the name is ironic.

Or they just needed a laxative.


3 people marked this as a favorite.

"Soldiers are, uh... they're trained to break things and kill people."
- Prof. Kenneth W. Harl

Shadow Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
David M Mallon wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:

All this talk about density reminds me of David's visit.

He mentioned that high rises made him uncomfortable, or were at least of putting with respect to living in a city.

Very true. I did my growing up almost entirely in pretty rural areas-- Minetto, New York (pop. ~1,600) from birth until age 6; Fairview, Pennsylvania (pop. ~10,000) from age 6 until age 12; and Ticonderoga & Putnam Station, New York (pop. ~5,000 and ~600, respectively) until relatively recently. Syracuse (pop. ~150,000) is the largest city I've lived near, much less in. I get antsy if I can't see woods, mountains, or open highway.
David M Mallon wrote:
Tacticslion wrote:

That's me, in terms of antsy. That said, I did and do really like Miami - it was very green. The convenience of "any time many where" was quite wonderful and is definitely missed, as is "things in walking distance".

Otherwise, I vastly prefer less dense regions - apartment living is stressful, frustrating, and embarrassing.

I actually like living near a city, because cities have things to do, but I do need that easy escape route. I think it would be great to live in a place like Syracuse (medium-sized city surrounded by miles and miles of farms and woods), only somewhere warm and with actual people and jobs and stuff.

Sounds like me to a T. I grew up in Yoakum, TX (pop. 5,731 according to Wiki), and currenty live in Fort Oglethorpe, GA (pop. 9,263) and work in Chattanooga, TN (pop. 173,366 but I avoid downtown and other crowded areas like the plague).

Compared to Phoenix, AZ (est. pop. 1,537,058 alone, 4,192,887 counting the entire Phoenix Metro Area) where I lived for 8 years and learned I hated big cities, it's not hard to see why I'm far more comfortable in small cities and towns than I am in a big crowded city.

You're always welcome down here =)

Silver Crusade

2 people marked this as a favorite.

From the looks of it, it appears Ol Kenny is playing along with you


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Jack J. Jackson, Beer Delivery wrote:
David M Mallon wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:
You obviously never had Milwaukee's Best.
Hipsters drink it because the name is ironic.
Or they just needed a laxative.

They shouldn't, given the sheer volume of coffee they tend to go through on a daily basis.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

your professor sounds like a treasure.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Tin Foil Yamakah wrote:
From the looks of it, it appears Ol Kenny is playing along with you

It's distinctly possible, and if true, more power to him.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Aniuś the Talewise wrote:
your professor sounds like a treasure.

He's not my professor, just a guy who gave & recorded some lectures that I then bought.


6 people marked this as a favorite.

LOL. I'm not so much offended or upset, but more the eternal dialog of:
"Here's what I do to make this more fun for my players."
"But that's not the RUUUUUUUUUUULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

It makes me sigh that people ask for advice as to how to make the game more entertaining, and there are "enforcers" who want to make sure everyone plays by exactly the same set of rules, no matter what.

Ah, well, I'm sure Freehold'll throw a bike at me soon, and the internet will make sense once again.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Cite the Most Important Rule at them


5 people marked this as a favorite.

*gently sets a bike in front of Nobody's doorstep, complete with bow*


3 people marked this as a favorite.

This guy, on the other hand, was my professor, and he's a trip and a half. He used to be the drummer in a psychedelic rock band and a semi-pro dirtbike racer, and only decided to be a historian when he was in his late 20s. He's also got some Hunter Thompson-esque stories about going to Grateful Dead shows in the early 70s.


5 people marked this as a favorite.
Aniuś the Talewise wrote:
Cite the Most Important Rule at them

You really do want the internet to explode, don't you? :-P

I've seen it cited, and usually within 24 hours the thread is locked due to the hostility that ensues. I honestly want the OP to have fun, so I'm bowing out of the conversation rather than trying to argue.

Yeah, I'm a terrible, terrible troll. I just live in my dark, cold cave and am nice to people and feed them.

Must be a misbreed.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
NobodysHome wrote:

Yeah, I'm a terrible, terrible troll. I just live in my dark, cold cave and am nice to people and feed them.

Must be a misbreed.

We can fix that for you.


5 people marked this as a favorite.
NobodysHome wrote:
Aniuś the Talewise wrote:
Cite the Most Important Rule at them

You really do want the internet to explode, don't you? :-P

I've seen it cited, and usually within 24 hours the thread is locked due to the hostility that ensues. I honestly want the OP to have fun, so I'm bowing out of the conversation rather than trying to argue.

Yeah, I'm a terrible, terrible troll. I just live in my dark, cold cave and am nice to people and feed them.

Must be a misbreed.

I live in my moms basement with nothing but a bare lightbulb to keep me warm...oh and hot pockets


1 person marked this as a favorite.

either i'm getting a little better at go or playing a slow correspondence-based game lessens my chances of making mistakes and oversights


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Celestial Healer wrote:
Tin Foil Yamakah wrote:
gran rey de los mono wrote:
Treppa wrote:
David M Mallon wrote:
Treppa wrote:
Bring your .22 and we can shoot some moles while we drink. Maybe rats, if we're lucky.
Maybe even some possums.
And the neighbor has an old pick-me-up on blocks we all use as target practice. Yee-haw!

[drawl]You sure that ain't an El Camino up on them thar blocks, and PBR or Natty Light in them thar cans? 'Causen that's what we's gots 'round these here parts.[/drawl]

Honestly, a small town I used to pass through when I was younger had in the nickname "El Camino Road" because in less than a mile, there were at least 6 houses with El Caminos (some of them could have been Rancheros, I suppose) up on blocks in the front yard. Most of them had kids playing on top and hounds lounging underneath.

And for more redneck goodness see this fine thread about 'murica

On the contrary, that thread is about nothing.

I believe Untitled is older than FAWTL. It started when a forum bug created a thread with no OP (literally 0 posts) and a placefiller title of "Untitled". The first posts were along the lines of "Huh?" and "Yup", and people decided it sounded like folks sitting out on the porch.

The current thread is the third Untitled because, just like FAWTL, the Untitled threads grew so long they broke the boards.

And now you know!

laughs along with Flint, Barbecue, Sneak Peek, and Snake Eyes


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Tacticslion wrote:

That's me, in terms of antsy. That said, I did and do really like Miami - it was very green. The convenience of "any time many where" was quite wonderful and is definitely missed, as is "things in walking distance".

Otherwise, I vastly prefer less dense regions - apartment living is stressful, frustrating, and embarrassing.

clears throat, organizes papers, takes index cards out of pocket, shuffling them into a neat stack before taking one out and standing up to address FaWtL

NUH-UH!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
captain yesterday wrote:
It is amazing how antagonistic people can be about how other people that they'll never meet interpret or use a system of guidelines.

yup.

Some people just want to make sure if they can't win, the other person cannot declare victory either. Not just scorched earth, but salted plains.


4 people marked this as a favorite.
NobodysHome wrote:

LOL. I'm not so much offended or upset, but more the eternal dialog of:

"Here's what I do to make this more fun for my players."
"But that's not the RUUUUUUUUUUULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

It makes me sigh that people ask for advice as to how to make the game more entertaining, and there are "enforcers" who want to make sure everyone plays by exactly the same set of rules, no matter what.

Ah, well, I'm sure Freehold'll throw a bike at me soon, and the internet will make sense once again.

hurls bike through window

attempts to run away, sees fancy bike on porch

rides away on fancy bike


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Why throw bikes?

Why not throw, say, a batter pudding?

It's cheaper and you can eat it afterwards.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Oh, we never got anywhere near "salted plains".

It was pretty much:
NH: "This is how I play that idea."
Other player: "That's not what the rules say."
NH: "Yeah, but it's more fun for my players. Otherwise the game is nothing but mechanics."
Other player: "The game IS nothing but mechanics. Otherwise you're just playing magic tea party! And your system punishes players who buy skills!"

<NobodysHome walks away>

The last bit was the over-the-top part that just made me decide to walk away. It obviously wasn't going to end well.

Silver Crusade

6 people marked this as a favorite.

John just got a quote from a wedding venue of $278 per person. For our 120 people.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHA

HAHA

no.

126,251 to 126,300 of 239,822 << first < prev | 2521 | 2522 | 2523 | 2524 | 2525 | 2526 | 2527 | 2528 | 2529 | 2530 | 2531 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Off-Topic Discussions / Deep 6 FaWtL All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.