Deep 6 FaWtL


Off-Topic Discussions

115,651 to 115,700 of 242,805 << first < prev | 2309 | 2310 | 2311 | 2312 | 2313 | 2314 | 2315 | 2316 | 2317 | 2318 | 2319 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.

AFFIRMATIVE


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Celestial Healer wrote:

I have made pan-seared duck breast with blood orange sauce.

Mmmmm.

coming back from the famous Jordan's Lobster Dock. Picked up lobster for wife along with fried oysters and chips. due to the poor trip I had here, I have picked up a burger for myself, as I wanted to get on my way home sooner rather than later.


Celestial Healer wrote:
Evening all, what did I miss?

new York ponycon setup. Tomorrow is the first day of the con for me.

Dark Archive

Ponys?


PonyLVR, wrote:
Ponys?

I love ponies. Especially with barbecue sauce. I see you prefer the liver, which isn't bad with onions.


So, in 5E DMG, at least, for the 4E "core" pantheon, I've confirmed that Avandra is a renamed (and "altered") Tyche, and presumed to be one of the gods; Tyche is, of course, the "base" goddess that split to create Tymora and Beshaba.

In the 4E Forgotten Realms Campaign Guide (really? really? ugh), however, it lists both Beshaba and Tymora as separate entities on page 80, though they're nothing more than one-line entries (and there is no Avandra - SO MUCH FOR CONSISTENCY ACROSS SETTINGS, GUYS).

So... hm.


Tacticslion wrote:

So, in 5E DMG, at least, for the 4E "core" pantheon, I've confirmed that Avandra is a renamed (and "altered") Tyche, and presumed to be one of the gods; Tyche is, of course, the "base" goddess that split to create Tymora and Beshaba.

In the 4E Forgotten Realms Campaign Guide (really? really? ugh), however, it lists both Beshaba and Tymora as separate entities on page 80, though they're nothing more than one-line entries (and there is no Avandra - SO MUCH FOR CONSISTENCY ACROSS SETTINGS, GUYS).

So... hm.

FR is the base setting for 5th Ed?


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Drejk wrote:

Wait... People are actually bothering with reading Forgotten Realm novels?!

Who would want to spoil great game setting like Toril with something as crappy as TSR/WotC appropved FR books...

This actually used to be a major problem on the FR NWN server that I play and administrate and Scint DMs on. The staff would regularly end up in arguments with players who had read some of the more obscure novels and wanted to pull stuff that had happened in them, even if it contradicted the lore that was available in the core books for the setting. People would be really really irritable about it, too. "It happened in the novels! Don't your read the novels?! I thought this was an FR server!"

We ended up adding a ruling that, in addition to our server timeline starting at a certain year and ignoring all canon beyond that point including anything 4e and beyond, the novels were considered non-canon as well and couldn't be used to justify, explain, or otherwise encourage activity like that. Anything that made the jump from novels to setting books prior to the cutoff date of course excepted (so no, we didn't suddenly un-invent Drizzt or anything, but our setting's in Cormyr and the nearby Dalelands so he's nowhere nearby).


Freehold DM wrote:
Tacticslion wrote:

So, in 5E DMG, at least, for the 4E "core" pantheon, I've confirmed that Avandra is a renamed (and "altered") Tyche, and presumed to be one of the gods; Tyche is, of course, the "base" goddess that split to create Tymora and Beshaba.

In the 4E Forgotten Realms Campaign Guide (really? really? ugh), however, it lists both Beshaba and Tymora as separate entities on page 80, though they're nothing more than one-line entries (and there is no Avandra - SO MUCH FOR CONSISTENCY ACROSS SETTINGS, GUYS).

So... hm.

FR is the base setting for 5th Ed?

WOTC has been heading this way for a while, I think. 4e's base setting added a couple of FR deities to its core (Bane off the top of my head and one or two others), and kind of put Greyhawk aside. I'd not be surprised at all to find 5e just went whole hog and straight to making FR the core setting.


Freehold DM wrote:
FR is the base setting for 5th Ed?

Not that I can tell, at least not at present.

It is the first setting in 5E, however, as their first AP is entirely set within the 'Realms.

Instead, I was just describing information I'd learned by perusing the 5E DMG, and the cross-checking that with the 4E FRCG.

The 5E DMG just describes the 4E Pantheon in brief as a way of describing where the deities came from, and notes that Avandra (goddess of luck and change in the 4E setting) is really just a renamed and altered version of Tyche.

What it doesn't say, is that Tyche is canonically the mother/self of both Tymora and Beshaba.

4E Realms History:
Way back when, Tyche was infected by Moander, though she didn't know it (she believed she was receiving a gift from Lathander to make up for a spat they'd had previously). When she went back to see her friends, Selune was waiting to talk with her about something else, but immediately sensed the overbearing awful emanating from her friend, and just as immediately (in an attempt to heal her?) "lashed out with a bolt of purifying light that split Tyche down the center of her rotting core" as it goes. The goddess split into two: "All that was good and kind in Tyche coalesced into a single form and stepped out of Tyche's rotting corpse. That was Tymora." the other one (created out of the rot and corruption Moander had placed in her) was Beshaba.

So, on the surface, it would seem like 4E had made Tyche out of Tymora and Beshaba again, but the 4E book Forgotten Realms Campaign Guide lists them as different entities. Hence, 4E did not actually mush them together as a single goddess again.

(I don't know what the default pantheon is in the 5E Player's Handbook.)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Orthos wrote:
Drejk wrote:

Wait... People are actually bothering with reading Forgotten Realm novels?!

Who would want to spoil great game setting like Toril with something as crappy as TSR/WotC appropved FR books...

This actually used to be a major problem on the FR NWN server that I play and administrate and Scint DMs on. The staff would regularly end up in arguments with players who had read some of the more obscure novels and wanted to pull stuff that had happened in them, even if it contradicted the lore that was available in the core books for the setting. People would be really really irritable about it, too. "It happened in the novels! Don't your read the novels?! I thought this was an FR server!"

We ended up adding a ruling that, in addition to our server timeline starting at a certain year and ignoring all canon beyond that point including anything 4e and beyond, the novels were considered non-canon as well and couldn't be used to justify, explain, or otherwise encourage activity like that. Anything that made the jump from novels to setting books prior to the cutoff date of course excepted (so no, we didn't suddenly un-invent Drizzt or anything, but our setting's in Cormyr and the nearby Dalelands so he's nowhere nearby).

Removing the wheat from the chaff, but dining upon the latter and burning the former. Hmph.

Still, I know how crazy such games can be. You have to draw a line somewhere, and it sounds like you made a wise and fair choice.

Silver Crusade

3 people marked this as a favorite.

TFY's guide to con survival

1. First day play 3 PFS scenarios and then sleep

2. Second day play 2 PFS scenarios, start at 2pm go to 11pm

3. Third day play 1 or 2 depending on how I feel and then hit the dealers room for some shopping


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Freehold DM wrote:
Orthos wrote:
Drejk wrote:

Wait... People are actually bothering with reading Forgotten Realm novels?!

Who would want to spoil great game setting like Toril with something as crappy as TSR/WotC appropved FR books...

This actually used to be a major problem on the FR NWN server that I play and administrate and Scint DMs on. The staff would regularly end up in arguments with players who had read some of the more obscure novels and wanted to pull stuff that had happened in them, even if it contradicted the lore that was available in the core books for the setting. People would be really really irritable about it, too. "It happened in the novels! Don't your read the novels?! I thought this was an FR server!"

We ended up adding a ruling that, in addition to our server timeline starting at a certain year and ignoring all canon beyond that point including anything 4e and beyond, the novels were considered non-canon as well and couldn't be used to justify, explain, or otherwise encourage activity like that. Anything that made the jump from novels to setting books prior to the cutoff date of course excepted (so no, we didn't suddenly un-invent Drizzt or anything, but our setting's in Cormyr and the nearby Dalelands so he's nowhere nearby).

Removing the wheat from the chaff, but dining upon the latter and burning the former. Hmph.

Not exactly. We (the staff) have on several occasions since commiserated about how a lot of things would have been simpler if we'd gone with a custom setting of our own creation, or a less canonically-stringent one like Greyhawk. The main reason we haven't changed it is the ten years' playing and server history, and the fact that a great many of our players came to us BECAUSE we were an FR server.


Orthos wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
Orthos wrote:
Drejk wrote:

Wait... People are actually bothering with reading Forgotten Realm novels?!

Who would want to spoil great game setting like Toril with something as crappy as TSR/WotC appropved FR books...

This actually used to be a major problem on the FR NWN server that I play and administrate and Scint DMs on. The staff would regularly end up in arguments with players who had read some of the more obscure novels and wanted to pull stuff that had happened in them, even if it contradicted the lore that was available in the core books for the setting. People would be really really irritable about it, too. "It happened in the novels! Don't your read the novels?! I thought this was an FR server!"

We ended up adding a ruling that, in addition to our server timeline starting at a certain year and ignoring all canon beyond that point including anything 4e and beyond, the novels were considered non-canon as well and couldn't be used to justify, explain, or otherwise encourage activity like that. Anything that made the jump from novels to setting books prior to the cutoff date of course excepted (so no, we didn't suddenly un-invent Drizzt or anything, but our setting's in Cormyr and the nearby Dalelands so he's nowhere nearby).

Removing the wheat from the chaff, but dining upon the latter and burning the former. Hmph.
Not exactly. We (the staff) have on several occasions since commiserated about how a lot of things would have been simpler if we'd gone with a custom setting of our own creation, or a less canonically-stringent one like Greyhawk. The main reason we haven't changed it is the ten years' playing and server history, and the fact that a great many of our players came to us BECAUSE we were an FR server.

has the time come to create your own world and setting?


2 people marked this as a favorite.

I still need to get on there...


2 people marked this as a favorite.

You know, I'm tempted to run an FR game that's almost naked swords with chicks, just for Freehold.


Freehold DM wrote:
Orthos wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
Orthos wrote:
Drejk wrote:

Wait... People are actually bothering with reading Forgotten Realm novels?!

Who would want to spoil great game setting like Toril with something as crappy as TSR/WotC appropved FR books...

This actually used to be a major problem on the FR NWN server that I play and administrate and Scint DMs on. The staff would regularly end up in arguments with players who had read some of the more obscure novels and wanted to pull stuff that had happened in them, even if it contradicted the lore that was available in the core books for the setting. People would be really really irritable about it, too. "It happened in the novels! Don't your read the novels?! I thought this was an FR server!"

We ended up adding a ruling that, in addition to our server timeline starting at a certain year and ignoring all canon beyond that point including anything 4e and beyond, the novels were considered non-canon as well and couldn't be used to justify, explain, or otherwise encourage activity like that. Anything that made the jump from novels to setting books prior to the cutoff date of course excepted (so no, we didn't suddenly un-invent Drizzt or anything, but our setting's in Cormyr and the nearby Dalelands so he's nowhere nearby).

Removing the wheat from the chaff, but dining upon the latter and burning the former. Hmph.
Not exactly. We (the staff) have on several occasions since commiserated about how a lot of things would have been simpler if we'd gone with a custom setting of our own creation, or a less canonically-stringent one like Greyhawk. The main reason we haven't changed it is the ten years' playing and server history, and the fact that a great many of our players came to us BECAUSE we were an FR server.
has the time come to create your own world and setting?

I've long since done so for my PnP games, as I've posted here before.

The server on the other hand has decided to stick with our "heavily modified" FR setting, after several propositions for altering it have been shot down.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Tacticslion wrote:
You know, I'm tempted to run an FR game that's almost naked swords with chicks, just for Freehold.

That isn't a typo, by the way.


Tacticslion wrote:
I still need to get on there...

Dude yes you do =) Flag me down on skype or something!


I have no skype, and I must stream...


Tacticslion wrote:
Tacticslion wrote:
You know, I'm tempted to run an FR game that's almost naked swords with chicks, just for Freehold.
That isn't a typo, by the way.

It'd probably be a solo game.


Tacticslion wrote:
Tacticslion wrote:
Tacticslion wrote:
You know, I'm tempted to run an FR game that's almost naked swords with chicks, just for Freehold.
That isn't a typo, by the way.
It'd probably be a solo game.

Robots would be involved.


Tacticslion wrote:
I have no skype, and I must stream...

Aw.


Tacticslion wrote:
Tacticslion wrote:
Tacticslion wrote:
Tacticslion wrote:
You know, I'm tempted to run an FR game that's almost naked swords with chicks, just for Freehold.
That isn't a typo, by the way.
It'd probably be a solo game.
Robots would be involved.

Gandum, specifically, driven by the sisterhood of the Griffon (fighting Sassy Tam, naturally).


Tacticslion wrote:
Tacticslion wrote:
Tacticslion wrote:
Tacticslion wrote:
Tacticslion wrote:
You know, I'm tempted to run an FR game that's almost naked swords with chicks, just for Freehold.
That isn't a typo, by the way.
It'd probably be a solo game.
Robots would be involved.
Gandum, specifically, driven by the sisterhood of the Griffon (fighting Sassy Tam, naturally).

Elvis Gale would figure prominently.


Tacticslion wrote:
Tacticslion wrote:
Tacticslion wrote:
Tacticslion wrote:
Tacticslion wrote:
Tacticslion wrote:
You know, I'm tempted to run an FR game that's almost naked swords with chicks, just for Freehold.
That isn't a typo, by the way.
It'd probably be a solo game.
Robots would be involved.
Gandum, specifically, driven by the sisterhood of the Griffon (fighting Sassy Tam, naturally).
Elvis Gale would figure prominently.

And there'd be an NPC named Scotty who always needs more of something, as he writes. (You'd meet him in a dungeon, naturally.)


Hm. That is actually more of a solid proto-plot/game than I thought it would be, when I first started that.

(None of those are typos, by the way.)


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Holy s***, today's Kingmaker was pretty epic.

I'll have to give the details of what happened next time, though.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

ORTHOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSS~! *shakes fist*

The daggum ProBoard Website Terms of Service is daggum enormous and annoying at a time when my daggum ADD is kicking up like maaaaaaaaaaaaaad~! /whine

>:/

:P

(;D)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Tacticslion wrote:
Tacticslion wrote:
Tacticslion wrote:
Tacticslion wrote:
Tacticslion wrote:
Tacticslion wrote:
Tacticslion wrote:
You know, I'm tempted to run an FR game that's almost naked swords with chicks, just for Freehold.
That isn't a typo, by the way.
It'd probably be a solo game.
Robots would be involved.
Gandum, specifically, driven by the sisterhood of the Griffon (fighting Sassy Tam, naturally).
Elvis Gale would figure prominently.
And there'd be an NPC named Scotty who always needs more of something, as he writes. (You'd meet him in a dungeon, naturally.)

...

....
.....
You tempt me, sir. Greatly.

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Tacticslion wrote:
Tacticslion wrote:
Tacticslion wrote:
Tacticslion wrote:
Tacticslion wrote:
Tacticslion wrote:
Tacticslion wrote:
You know, I'm tempted to run an FR game that's almost naked swords with chicks, just for Freehold.
That isn't a typo, by the way.
It'd probably be a solo game.
Robots would be involved.
Gandum, specifically, driven by the sisterhood of the Griffon (fighting Sassy Tam, naturally).
Elvis Gale would figure prominently.
And there'd be an NPC named Scotty who always needs more of something, as he writes. (You'd meet him in a dungeon, naturally.)

And Elminster would solve all the problems. ;)


Pathfinder Adventure Subscriber

Met my youngest brother's new girlfriend today.

Seems like a nice girl and a good fit for him.

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.

FR isnt exactly the "core" setting for 5E. It seems more that they embrace that setting a bit more than others, but the quote Ravenloft, Greyhawk, Darksun, Eberron, as well as Dragonlance throughout the books.

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Morning FaWtL folk. Hope everyone is doing well today and had a good weekend. May the week ahead treat us all well. :) Bright day today, still chilly, as one would expect for this time of year, but dry, which is nice.


Tacticslion wrote:

ORTHOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSS~! *shakes fist*

The daggum ProBoard Website Terms of Service is daggum enormous and annoying at a time when my daggum ADD is kicking up like maaaaaaaaaaaaaad~! /whine

>:/

:P

(;D)

I AM BECOME HATE, HATER OF HATE HATE.

Also, and more accurately: booooooorrrrrrreeeeeeeed~! Legal contracts are awful.

Example:
24. GOVERNING LAW; JURISDICTION AND VENUE

The Website, Services, and this Agreement, including without limitation this Agreement's interpretation, shall be treated as though this Agreement were executed and performed in Lake Forest, California and shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California without regard to its conflict of law principles. ANY CAUSE OF ACTION BY YOU ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE WEBSITE, SERVICES, OR THIS AGREEMENT MUST BE INSTITUTED WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR AFTER THE CAUSE OF ACTION AROSE OR BE FOREVER WAIVED AND BARRED. ALL ACTIONS SHALL BE SUBJECT TO THE LIMITATIONS SET FORTH IN ABOVE. The language in this Agreement shall be interpreted in accordance with its fair meaning and not strictly for or against either party.

(a) Binding Arbitration.

You agree that any dispute, of any nature whatsoever, between You and ProBoards arising out of or relating to the Website, Services, or this Agreement, shall be decided by neutral, binding arbitration before a representative of JAMS in Orange, California unless You and ProBoards mutually agree to a different arbitrator, who shall render an award in accordance with the substantive laws of California and JAMS' Streamlined Arbitration Rules & Procedures. A final judgment or award by the arbitrator may then be duly entered and recorded by the prevailing party in the appropriate court as final judgment. The arbitrator shall award costs (including, without limitation, the JAMS fee and reasonable attorneys' fees) to the prevailing party.

(b) Restrictions Against Joinder of Claims

You and ProBoards agree that any arbitration shall be limited to each Claim individually. To the full extent under the law, (1) no arbitration shall be joined with any other arbitration; (2) there is no right for any Claim to be arbitrated on a class-action basis or to employ class action procedures; and (3) there is no right of authority for any dispute to be brought in a purported representative capacity on behalf either of the general public or any other individuals.

(c) Remedies in Aid of Arbitration; Equitable Relief.

This agreement to arbitrate will not preclude You or ProBoards from seeking provisional remedies in aid of arbitration, including without limitation orders to stay a court action, compel arbitration or confirm an arbitral award, from a court of competent jurisdiction. Furthermore, this agreement to arbitrate will not preclude You or ProBoards from applying to a court of competent jurisdiction for a temporary restraining order, preliminary injunction, or other interim or conservatory relief, as necessary. THE PROPER VENUE FOR ANY ACTION PERMITTED UNDER THIS SUBSECTION REGARDING "EQUITABLE RELIEF" WILL BE THE FEDERAL AND STATE COURTS LOCATED IN ORANGE COUNTY, CALIFORNIA; THE PARTIES HEREBY WAIVE ANY OBJECTION TO THE VENUE AND PERSONAL JURISDICTION OF SUCH COURTS.

That's less than a 15th of what I'm reading just so I can post words in a place! BARG!

EDIT: to fix coding

EDIT 2: I mean, WHAT DO I CARE, that it's laws are the equivalent of a specific segment of California?! It might as well say London, England; or Tel Aviv, Israel for all I know! There is literally no way for me to know all the laws I'm agreeing to. They are, directly, asking me to agree to be bound by a set of laws that I have no ideas about, with no legal recourse (unless, they are sure to specify, there is, which they can't tell me, because they don't know). I mean, the agreement boils down to: don't do anything stupid, and we won't have to guess who's got the rights in court, mmmmmmmmmmmmmm'kay?" which is what most every agreement of this kind boils down to. BLARG.

EDIT 3: to be clear, I'm not angry at ProBoards (the folk who are in charge of that contract), just... contracts. They're dumb. Not because contracts are actually dumb, but because of the number of hoops you have to jump through to get to what you actually want to say.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Freehold DM wrote:
Tacticslion wrote:
Tacticslion wrote:
Tacticslion wrote:
Tacticslion wrote:
Tacticslion wrote:
Tacticslion wrote:
Tacticslion wrote:
You know, I'm tempted to run an FR game that's almost naked swords with chicks, just for Freehold.
That isn't a typo, by the way.
It'd probably be a solo game.
Robots would be involved.
Gandum, specifically, driven by the sisterhood of the Griffon (fighting Sassy Tam, naturally).
Elvis Gale would figure prominently.
And there'd be an NPC named Scotty who always needs more of something, as he writes. (You'd meet him in a dungeon, naturally.)

...

....
.....
You tempt me, sir. Greatly.

... it'll be snooooowwwwww~iinnnnnnng~!


Tacticslion wrote:
Tacticslion wrote:

ORTHOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSS~! *shakes fist*

The daggum ProBoard Website Terms of Service is daggum enormous and annoying at a time when my daggum ADD is kicking up like maaaaaaaaaaaaaad~! /whine

>:/

:P

(;D)

I AM BECOME HATE, HATER OF HATE HATE.

Also, and more accurately: booooooorrrrrrreeeeeeeed~! Legal contracts are awful.

** spoiler omitted **...

Anyway, I'm signed up!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Tacticslion wrote:


I AM BECOME HATE, HATER OF HATE HATE.

looks in mirror, sees Tacticslion's face staring back at me

Man..I don't look so good...maybe I should sit the con out today.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Tacticslion wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
Tacticslion wrote:
Tacticslion wrote:
Tacticslion wrote:
Tacticslion wrote:
Tacticslion wrote:
Tacticslion wrote:
Tacticslion wrote:
You know, I'm tempted to run an FR game that's almost naked swords with chicks, just for Freehold.
That isn't a typo, by the way.
It'd probably be a solo game.
Robots would be involved.
Gandum, specifically, driven by the sisterhood of the Griffon (fighting Sassy Tam, naturally).
Elvis Gale would figure prominently.
And there'd be an NPC named Scotty who always needs more of something, as he writes. (You'd meet him in a dungeon, naturally.)

...

....
.....
You tempt me, sir. Greatly.
... it'll be snooooowwwwww~iinnnnnnng~!

looks around guiltily

i..i..NO...I can't, I won't!


2 people marked this as a favorite.

I LOVE THIS GUY!!


Tacticslion wrote:
Anyway, I'm signed up!

ARG! NOW I'VE GOTTA SIGN UP FOR NEEEEXXXXXUUUUUSSSS~! *weeps*

EDIT: Okay, I'm pulling out for a while. I'll get you yet, my hakpaks! I'll get youuuu~!


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Tacticslion wrote:
Tacticslion wrote:
Anyway, I'm signed up!

ARG! NOW I'VE GOTTA SIGN UP FOR NEEEEXXXXXUUUUUSSSS~! *weeps*

EDIT: Okay, I'm pulling out for a while. I'll get you yet, my hakpaks! I'll get youuuu~!

On the one hand, I want to sympathize with your pain. I've yet to meet someone who actually had to read through a contract like that through personal compulsion, so I have no idea what it's like, but I'd feel bad about mocking you for it or just telling you to skip it like I do when I know you can't do that so easily.

On the other hand, your pained reactions are hilarious. =)


Home sick with a sinus bug today. Bluh.

Also big winter storm expected to hit today, so slightly less irked than I would normally be, as I'm already safe at home. Unless it knocks the power out.


Orthos wrote:
Tacticslion wrote:
Tacticslion wrote:
Anyway, I'm signed up!

ARG! NOW I'VE GOTTA SIGN UP FOR NEEEEXXXXXUUUUUSSSS~! *weeps*

EDIT: Okay, I'm pulling out for a while. I'll get you yet, my hakpaks! I'll get youuuu~!

On the one hand, I want to sympathize with your pain. I've yet to meet someone who actually had to read through a contract like that through personal compulsion, so I have no idea what it's like, but I'd feel bad about mocking you for it or just telling you to skip it like I do when I know you can't do that so easily.

On the other hand, your pained reactions are hilarious. =)

:P

stupid need to know what, exactly, it is that I'm promising, so that I can at least be honest about it; kind of works out, since the nexus forums actually calls you out on promising that you've read stuff that you haven't read...

Quote:

These terms of service and rules are not default, generic, stock terms of service you'll see copied across the millions of sites and forums on the internet. They've been specifically and manually created by the moderation team at Nexus Mods. Its important you understand that these terms and rules are enforced, often strictly, every day by the Nexus staff and that we haven't written these rules just for the sake of it, we’ve written them because they're the guidelines that we, the staff, look to when performing our duties. As such you should not casually dismiss these terms and rules as simply being the same generic rules you've agreed to on countless other sites. Theyre not. You ignore this fact at your own peril.

<snip>

These are the terms and conditions that apply to your use of any current and future services offered by Nexus Mods and any associated websites. These terms are available for perusal without registration, when you register, as well as when you perform certain actions on the site (such as posting files, images or comments) where you are explicitly prompted to acknowledge that you have read and understood these rules each time. If you signal your acknowledgement without actually reading through these terms and conditions you do so at your own risk. Ignorance of our rules is not an excuse and we will take you at your word when you click the ‘I understand’ or ‘I agree’ boxes when registering or performing actions on these sites that you have actually read and understood these rules. As such, any breach of these rules by yourself will have been done with your explicit understanding of our rules and ergo will be entirely your own fault, and not ours. We have very little respect for people who claim they did not know our rules. It’s not an excuse and simply confirms the fact that when you clicked those I agree or I understand boxes that you infact did not agree, or did not understand, and ergo, were lying. Once again, thats your fault and not ours.

So HAH! Take that everyone who didn't read them! Take that, indeed!

Orthos wrote:

Home sick with a sinus bug today. Bluh.

Also big winter storm expected to hit today, so slightly less irked than I would normally be, as I'm already safe at home. Unless it knocks the power out.

:(

Get better soon!


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Heh. I think I've read through a similar contract at least once, so I basically assume the rest are more or less the same.

Also, longwinded PM sent your way. And probably more to come if you have further questions =)


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Thanks! I'll respond eventually! (I'm bouncing back and forth between reading contracts, checking the forums, doing some chores, and other such things. :D


2 people marked this as a favorite.

BLARGH! HONK!

Silver Crusade

*wakes up, looks at weather across country, feels guilty for it being 72 today. shrugs shoulders puts on shorts and flip flops


Tin Foil Yamakah wrote:
feels guilty for it being 72 today

Not good enough. It was -26 with wind chill here last night.

115,651 to 115,700 of 242,805 << first < prev | 2309 | 2310 | 2311 | 2312 | 2313 | 2314 | 2315 | 2316 | 2317 | 2318 | 2319 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Off-Topic Discussions / Deep 6 FaWtL All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.