Deep 6 FaWtL


Off-Topic Discussions

110,051 to 110,100 of 275,656 << first < prev | 2197 | 2198 | 2199 | 2200 | 2201 | 2202 | 2203 | 2204 | 2205 | 2206 | 2207 | next > last >>

I am feeling a bit sentimental now. I would like to replay some of the events and maybe tweak with them a bit...


Yeah, some of the events I would aim for would probably end in naked fun.


3 people marked this as a favorite.

Ooo! The post in which CH mentions that he is going for a date again! :D

Fun times, as I said!


Uh? That happened so long ago? Oh, right I lost nine months and counting in non-existence of working abroad. At least this time, I have excuse of not having life in the form of getting money for that.


Orthos wrote:

Bad news. Gotta be back at Stupid O'Clock time for at least two days next week.

Gonna be so much napping this weekend it isn't funny.

Boo! Hiss!


Rawr! wrote:
lynora wrote:

So much talk of whiskey....one of those things that I really really miss. :(

Allergies suck.

Rum is the only thing I have an allergy to, which is good and bad.

Sorry to hear about your allergies. If I recall, you have a lot of food allergies. :(

Yeah, I have serious (like can put me in the hospital serious) allergies to fish and wheat. And a bunch of metal sensitivities. So, you know, I'm only allergic to the stuff that's hard to avoid. The wheat allergy developed within the last year, so I'm still adjusting to all the stuff I can't ever have again. And then there's the list of things I'm not supposed to have because of my ear condition, but I occasionally cheat on anyways. Like alcohol (I can at least still have wine and cider) and caffeine. Chocolate is now a once every few months thing for me, and coffee or tea is like maybe twice a year. I'm not supposed to have salt either, but that's just crazy talk.


Rawr! wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:

Finally, some good news.

Working together with my wife for the first time in a while, we have procured new cell phones through Best Buy. We pick them up today. I checked with my old provider on the sly and discovered my contacts will be moving to the new phone via google. So I'll be sending a text by this evening to all the fawtls who I am in phone contact with with my new number. It's a financial downturn that may negatively affect my Otakon trip, but who needs con stuff? I can survive on the skinny for one trip.

I'm glad something positive has come your way.

+1. Being without a phone sucks. Glad you got things worked out. :)


TriOmegaZero wrote:
Rawr! wrote:
TriOmegaZero wrote:
Heavy furniture is in the truck. Now is lunch. Furniture dollies are back-savers.
Where are you moving?
Just across town. It was time to renew the lease, but since all of our friends are on the east side of Phoenix, as is my campus, we decided to look for a new place over there. Currently waiting on the bank to fund the loan for our first house purchase.

Good luck with the move and the house purchase. :)


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Think I might try and nap before gaming. I am stubbornly refusing to cancel in spite of having a cold and running a fever.

Silver Crusade

Drejk wrote:

Ooo! The post in which CH mentions that he is going for a date again! :D

Fun times, as I said!

:)

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.

So much Skyrim today.

That's what Saturdays are for.


Pathfinder Companion, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

Went to the Science Museum with Jude today to see the Dinosaur exhibit. Now I just need to get everyone here to bed so that I can do some more rules creation tonight.


aeglos wrote:

dwarfling had three-day-fever - exanthema subitum

a harmless, very common baby virus,

nothing dangerous and almost over

Glad to hear he's gonna be alright. I need to meet him.


Kajehase wrote:

Thunder! Lightning! Rain!

Huzzah! Hail Tor!

Oh wait, I need to do a milk run pretty soon.

We got a nice sun shower today.


Rawr! wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:

Finally, some good news.

Working together with my wife for the first time in a while, we have procured new cell phones through Best Buy. We pick them up today. I checked with my old provider on the sly and discovered my contacts will be moving to the new phone via google. So I'll be sending a text by this evening to all the fawtls who I am in phone contact with with my new number. It's a financial downturn that may negatively affect my Otakon trip, but who needs con stuff? I can survive on the skinny for one trip.

I'm glad something positive has come your way.

Yeah. Me too. :-)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Drejk wrote:

Ooo! The post in which CH mentions that he is going for a date again! :D

Fun times, as I said!

I remember that day. Twas awesome. FOR THE GLORY OF CH!!!!!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
lynora wrote:
Rawr! wrote:
lynora wrote:

So much talk of whiskey....one of those things that I really really miss. :(

Allergies suck.

Rum is the only thing I have an allergy to, which is good and bad.

Sorry to hear about your allergies. If I recall, you have a lot of food allergies. :(

Yeah, I have serious (like can put me in the hospital serious) allergies to fish and wheat. And a bunch of metal sensitivities. So, you know, I'm only allergic to the stuff that's hard to avoid. The wheat allergy developed within the last year, so I'm still adjusting to all the stuff I can't ever have again. And then there's the list of things I'm not supposed to have because of my ear condition, but I occasionally cheat on anyways. Like alcohol (I can at least still have wine and cider) and caffeine. Chocolate is now a once every few months thing for me, and coffee or tea is like maybe twice a year. I'm not supposed to have salt either, but that's just crazy talk.

Oh man, that's really really difficult. How do you deal?


lynora wrote:
Think I might try and nap before gaming. I am stubbornly refusing to cancel in spite of having a cold and running a fever.

I had to cancel tomorrow's game due to my wife changing her mind and telling me last minute, resulting in two gamers kinda left hanging. I will be checking with them tomorrow though to see if there is anything I can do to make their day easier.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Okay.

Got new phone today. I've been paying down the credit card for awhile, and it has finally paid off. I will be texting people tomorrow to say hey with the new number. Wife got a plan that's relatively okay, although I'll be making heavy use of wi-fi as I no longer have unlimited data. Working together on this helped a bit, although things remain tense.

Rest of the day went well. The class was educational, and the person who ran it knows me from the day job over the phone at least- she wants to not only make a referral or two to the day job, she wants me to come back there and speak about my day job to others. I also networked there a bit and made contact with someone who is a part of a non profit that deals with reproductive health- she will let me know if there are any openings.

I guess all things considered, things have turned around a bit. I tried to cancel my phone service tonight, but i wasn't able to- I'll have to cancel it tomorrow. But I have a new Galaxy Note 3 and all my contacts AND apps came over with it. My notes from my last phone came over, and I put in the SD card, although some..ah..material..from my other phone is kinda stuck on it. But I can always find it again.

Finally, I have finished off yet another beer and Space Dandy STILL doesn't make sense. Perhaps the sub will be more coherent.


I mean, why is the statue of liberty's head being used as a space ship?

And why is it wearing a ball gag?


Freehold DM wrote:

I mean, why is the statue of liberty's head being used as a space ship?

And why is it wearing a ball gag?

A porn ecchi parody of Ghostbusters II?


I woke up at 8 AM... :(


Freehold DM wrote:

I mean, why is the statue of liberty's head being used as a space ship?

And why is it wearing a ball gag?

Because the torch would too obvious. And it's not a ball gag, it's breathing apparatus.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
gran rey de los mono wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
And why is it wearing a ball gag?
And it's not a ball gag, it's breathing apparatus.

Like the one Peanut wears?


1 person marked this as a favorite.

hi everyone,

kick&grill today, wohooo

steaks and sausages, beer and Apfelwein, Soccer playing, relaxing under the cherry tree ( better not under the apple trees, they could go Newton on you)
a baby pool for the little ones


Freehold DM wrote:
aeglos wrote:

dwarfling had three-day-fever - exanthema subitum

a harmless, very common baby virus,

nothing dangerous and almost over

Glad to hear he's gonna be alright. I need to meet him.

come visit !!!!


Eric the Kitten-Bee wrote:
gran rey de los mono wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
And why is it wearing a ball gag?
And it's not a ball gag, it's breathing apparatus.
Like the one Peanut wears?

I don't remember ever seeing Charlie Brown in a gimp suit.


Freehold DM wrote:
lynora wrote:
Rawr! wrote:
lynora wrote:

So much talk of whiskey....one of those things that I really really miss. :(

Allergies suck.

Rum is the only thing I have an allergy to, which is good and bad.

Sorry to hear about your allergies. If I recall, you have a lot of food allergies. :(

Yeah, I have serious (like can put me in the hospital serious) allergies to fish and wheat. And a bunch of metal sensitivities. So, you know, I'm only allergic to the stuff that's hard to avoid. The wheat allergy developed within the last year, so I'm still adjusting to all the stuff I can't ever have again. And then there's the list of things I'm not supposed to have because of my ear condition, but I occasionally cheat on anyways. Like alcohol (I can at least still have wine and cider) and caffeine. Chocolate is now a once every few months thing for me, and coffee or tea is like maybe twice a year. I'm not supposed to have salt either, but that's just crazy talk.
Oh man, that's really really difficult. How do you deal?

Well, mostly I don't have a choice. I try to just focus on the things I like that I can still have. And not as much eating out. It's just not safe what with the risk of cross contamination and all. The caffeine withdrawal was hard, but it was a choice between giving up caffeine or letting my ear disease progress to the point where they have to do an operation that permanently destroys my hearing. Even I don't like coffee that much. :)

But sometimes I do get bummed out when I can't have something that I really miss. Like whiskey, donuts, or Korean fried chicken. *shrug* But what can I do? I break out in hives if I even touch something that touched something with wheat in it. So I just gotta deal.


5 people marked this as a favorite.
lynora wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
lynora wrote:
Rawr! wrote:
lynora wrote:

So much talk of whiskey....one of those things that I really really miss. :(

Allergies suck.

Rum is the only thing I have an allergy to, which is good and bad.

Sorry to hear about your allergies. If I recall, you have a lot of food allergies. :(

Yeah, I have serious (like can put me in the hospital serious) allergies to fish and wheat. And a bunch of metal sensitivities. So, you know, I'm only allergic to the stuff that's hard to avoid. The wheat allergy developed within the last year, so I'm still adjusting to all the stuff I can't ever have again. And then there's the list of things I'm not supposed to have because of my ear condition, but I occasionally cheat on anyways. Like alcohol (I can at least still have wine and cider) and caffeine. Chocolate is now a once every few months thing for me, and coffee or tea is like maybe twice a year. I'm not supposed to have salt either, but that's just crazy talk.
Oh man, that's really really difficult. How do you deal?

Well, mostly I don't have a choice. I try to just focus on the things I like that I can still have. And not as much eating out. It's just not safe what with the risk of cross contamination and all. The caffeine withdrawal was hard, but it was a choice between giving up caffeine or letting my ear disease progress to the point where they have to do an operation that permanently destroys my hearing. Even I don't like coffee that much. :)

But sometimes I do get bummed out when I can't have something that I really miss. Like whiskey, donuts, or Korean fried chicken. *shrug* But what can I do? I break out in hives if I even touch something that touched something with wheat in it. So I just gotta deal.

You can't have bonchon?!?!?!?

Dear god. CH and I need to get on a treatment, STAT.

CH! Cast..uh..Cure Serious Allergies or something!!!


lynora wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
lynora wrote:
Rawr! wrote:
lynora wrote:

So much talk of whiskey....one of those things that I really really miss. :(

Allergies suck.

Rum is the only thing I have an allergy to, which is good and bad.

Sorry to hear about your allergies. If I recall, you have a lot of food allergies. :(

Yeah, I have serious (like can put me in the hospital serious) allergies to fish and wheat. And a bunch of metal sensitivities. So, you know, I'm only allergic to the stuff that's hard to avoid. The wheat allergy developed within the last year, so I'm still adjusting to all the stuff I can't ever have again. And then there's the list of things I'm not supposed to have because of my ear condition, but I occasionally cheat on anyways. Like alcohol (I can at least still have wine and cider) and caffeine. Chocolate is now a once every few months thing for me, and coffee or tea is like maybe twice a year. I'm not supposed to have salt either, but that's just crazy talk.
Oh man, that's really really difficult. How do you deal?

Well, mostly I don't have a choice. I try to just focus on the things I like that I can still have. And not as much eating out. It's just not safe what with the risk of cross contamination and all. The caffeine withdrawal was hard, but it was a choice between giving up caffeine or letting my ear disease progress to the point where they have to do an operation that permanently destroys my hearing. Even I don't like coffee that much. :)

But sometimes I do get bummed out when I can't have something that I really miss. Like whiskey, donuts, or Korean fried chicken. *shrug* But what can I do? I break out in hives if I even touch something that touched something with wheat in it. So I just gotta deal.

With the amount of pasta I eat, remind me to only nod enthusiastically if we ever meet.


I apologize for the silence. I had to take time to adjust to the new meds.

Taking the time to go through posts on this thread and catch up. Will post two more times at the most.


And spare a thought for Swedish football coach Mikael Stahre - not only did the team he's in charge of lose their game today, when they went to eat dinner afterwards he got hit in the face by a golf ball (they were at a restaurant at a golf club).


1 person marked this as a favorite.
LordSynos wrote:
** spoiler omitted **

Happy very belated birthday.

Orthos wrote:

I don't really have much option to be honest. I can't go to bed early unless I'm sick or drop-dead exhausted - I'm too naturally nocturnal, my mind doesn't start winding down until midnight at the earliest. And that's what keeps me up more often than not: my brain refusing to shut up and to sleep. Thankfully a combination of allergy medication and melatonin supplements has chased off my insomnia for about the past year, so I've had very few "just can't sleep" issues since, but it still doesn't change the fact I can't simply call it a night early.

Any attempt to go to sleep too much earlier just results in me tossing and turning until I hit the time where I'd normally start falling asleep anyway... if not later due to the anxiety of whatever I'm needing to go to bed early for keeping me awake.

I had to take a sleep aid just to zonk out an hour early last night, on top of my usual array of meds. I normally don't resort to that but I consider this week to be a worthy exception.

I'm sorry you are having such sleep issues.

Orthos wrote:

In other news, I finally - after three weeks of waiting, and calling them up yesterday to gripe - received my consumer report from the credit company. Not that I'll be able to do anything about it until late tonight.

In better news, I also have put in for some "unclaimed funds" the county claims they have in my name. Not sure how long that'll take to get processed, but it's apparently my mutual funds from when I was little that were supposed to get used for college; it's about $2200 that'll likely now go to paying off this standing debt and a few months of rent once I can move out.

I am glad you got the report, and I am sorry you have had to wait this long. I hope the funds went through.

houstonderek wrote:
Got hitched yesterday.

Congratulations on the marriage! I hope is lasts a long time.

Bitter Thorn wrote:

On a less happy note:

My Dad's health continues to fail, and I must travel down to Texas again.

Maybe I can visit some FAWTL friends in the process.

Y'all take care.

I am sorry for his failing health, and I hope it improves.

David M Mallon wrote:
Just did something financially stupid, but cool. A friend of mine works at a used bookstore (you can probably see where this is going), and posted on FB from work that he'd gotten some really old D&D books into the shop. Since the bookstore is only a few blocks away from my apartment, I went to check it out, and discovered that the books in question were a sixth printing of the Advanced Dungeons & Dragons Player's Handbook and a first printing of the Advanced Dungeons & Dragons Dungeon Master's Guide. Ended up buying them, too, at $10 apiece. Looks like I'm not going to be eating for the next week.

That is a very nice find! I hope you are enjoying them! And, sorry about the lack of eating. I'd send you food, but I barely have enough for myself right now.

Freehold DM wrote:

Good morning folks. Still without a phone. Here's where things stand thus far.

** spoiler omitted **

Today at work is a BBQ we're holding for the members. Hopefully this calms me down a bit. However, tomorrow is the training where I won't be getting the note afterwards...*sigh* more frustration. Sunday is Darklight Sisterhood at least, but it's going to be weird running it without my phone.

I'm sorry about your phone.

And, I hope the BBQ was excellent!

Freehold DM wrote:

Finally, some good news.

Working together with my wife for the first time in a while, we have procured new cell phones through Best Buy. We pick them up today. I checked with my old provider on the sly and discovered my contacts will be moving to the new phone via google. So I'll be sending a text by this evening to all the fawtls who I am in phone contact with with my new number. It's a financial downturn that may negatively affect my Otakon trip, but who needs con stuff? I can survive on the skinny for one trip.

Grats! Glad you got the new phones!

aeglos wrote:

dwarfling had three-day-fever - exanthema subitum

a harmless, very common baby virus,

nothing dangerous and almost over

Poor kid! I am glad he'll be fine soon.

Grand Lodge

2 people marked this as a favorite.

Time for the final push, and we shall be out of the old house. Then the wait for the new house.


Freehold DM wrote:
lynora wrote:
Think I might try and nap before gaming. I am stubbornly refusing to cancel in spite of having a cold and running a fever.
I had to cancel tomorrow's game due to my wife changing her mind and telling me last minute, resulting in two gamers kinda left hanging. I will be checking with them tomorrow though to see if there is anything I can do to make their day easier.

Bummer. Hopefully you are still able to do something fun.

I ended up being really glad that I didn't cancel because we ended up having an awesome session last night in spite of my not feeling well. Second time this campaign that our would-be heroes actually got to feel competent. :)


Plane ticket reserved. Meh. I wish I did it when I checked it for the first time, when it costed 32 instead of now when it costed 44 (values rounded up).

Now I need to consider options between taking baggage, or sending it as through a courier to Poland. It might be cheaper that way.


Kajehase wrote:
lynora wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
lynora wrote:
Rawr! wrote:
lynora wrote:

So much talk of whiskey....one of those things that I really really miss. :(

Allergies suck.

Rum is the only thing I have an allergy to, which is good and bad.

Sorry to hear about your allergies. If I recall, you have a lot of food allergies. :(

Yeah, I have serious (like can put me in the hospital serious) allergies to fish and wheat. And a bunch of metal sensitivities. So, you know, I'm only allergic to the stuff that's hard to avoid. The wheat allergy developed within the last year, so I'm still adjusting to all the stuff I can't ever have again. And then there's the list of things I'm not supposed to have because of my ear condition, but I occasionally cheat on anyways. Like alcohol (I can at least still have wine and cider) and caffeine. Chocolate is now a once every few months thing for me, and coffee or tea is like maybe twice a year. I'm not supposed to have salt either, but that's just crazy talk.
Oh man, that's really really difficult. How do you deal?

Well, mostly I don't have a choice. I try to just focus on the things I like that I can still have. And not as much eating out. It's just not safe what with the risk of cross contamination and all. The caffeine withdrawal was hard, but it was a choice between giving up caffeine or letting my ear disease progress to the point where they have to do an operation that permanently destroys my hearing. Even I don't like coffee that much. :)

But sometimes I do get bummed out when I can't have something that I really miss. Like whiskey, donuts, or Korean fried chicken. *shrug* But what can I do? I break out in hives if I even touch something that touched something with wheat in it. So I just gotta deal.

With the amount of pasta I eat, remind me to only nod enthusiastically if we ever meet.

And this would be why I am not a fan of handshakes. Nodding is fine. :)


TriOmegaZero wrote:
Time for the final push, and we shall be out of the old house. Then the wait for the new house.

Good luck. Moving sucks so I hope it's all done with sooner rather than later.


lynora wrote:
Kajehase wrote:
lynora wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
lynora wrote:
Rawr! wrote:
lynora wrote:

So much talk of whiskey....one of those things that I really really miss. :(

Allergies suck.

Rum is the only thing I have an allergy to, which is good and bad.

Sorry to hear about your allergies. If I recall, you have a lot of food allergies. :(

Yeah, I have serious (like can put me in the hospital serious) allergies to fish and wheat. And a bunch of metal sensitivities. So, you know, I'm only allergic to the stuff that's hard to avoid. The wheat allergy developed within the last year, so I'm still adjusting to all the stuff I can't ever have again. And then there's the list of things I'm not supposed to have because of my ear condition, but I occasionally cheat on anyways. Like alcohol (I can at least still have wine and cider) and caffeine. Chocolate is now a once every few months thing for me, and coffee or tea is like maybe twice a year. I'm not supposed to have salt either, but that's just crazy talk.
Oh man, that's really really difficult. How do you deal?

Well, mostly I don't have a choice. I try to just focus on the things I like that I can still have. And not as much eating out. It's just not safe what with the risk of cross contamination and all. The caffeine withdrawal was hard, but it was a choice between giving up caffeine or letting my ear disease progress to the point where they have to do an operation that permanently destroys my hearing. Even I don't like coffee that much. :)

But sometimes I do get bummed out when I can't have something that I really miss. Like whiskey, donuts, or Korean fried chicken. *shrug* But what can I do? I break out in hives if I even touch something that touched something with wheat in it. So I just gotta deal.

With the amount of pasta I eat, remind me to only nod enthusiastically if we ever meet.
And this would be why I am not a fan of handshakes. Nodding is fine. :)

So...no hugs?


Legion Janus wrote:

I apologize for the silence. I had to take time to adjust to the new meds.

Taking the time to go through posts on this thread and catch up. Will post two more times at the most.

Here's hoping the new meds work for you, friend.


Freehold DM wrote:
lynora wrote:
Kajehase wrote:


With the amount of pasta I eat, remind me to only nod enthusiastically if we ever meet.

And this would be why I am not a fan of handshakes. Nodding is fine. :)
So...no hugs?

Hugs are fine if the person is not covered in crumbs or something. Actually hugs can sometimes be safer than handshakes because not as much direct skin contact. But I am also shy and not prone to being physically demonstrative in terms of affection. :)


I'm with Lynora. I dislike very much handshaking - which drives me bonkers at church, where everyone and their grandmother wants to shake your hand for no reason other than it's the "acceptable form of friendly address" or something - but can be pretty open with hugs with very close friends.


Welcome back Janus. I sympathize very much with adjusting to medication. It took me a few days to adapt to the side-effects of the blood-pressure meds I had to start taking at the beginning of the summer.


Orthos wrote:
I'm with Lynora. I dislike very much handshaking - which drives me bonkers at church, where everyone and their grandmother wants to shake your hand for no reason other than it's the "acceptable form of friendly address" or something - but can be pretty open with hugs with very close friends.

So..I should hug you too?


Not that close =P


It is a hassle moving my links to the new phone..I didn't create a profile for dolphin so I have to guess at what I was looking at regularly on my phone.


Pathfinder Companion, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

Home from hockey where we lost badly even though we outshot them 30 to 20. Just one of the games. Time to watch a little TV and do a bit more desing work and then off to bed for me.


9 people marked this as a favorite.

Good news on the teaching job front. Regardless of the school's stupidity, I have a job in January. I may start as a long-term substitute teacher and transfer to certified teacher later in the semester. The long-term subs make the same as starting teachers, so I'm significantly less worried. The school is hurting for math teachers (only 5 teachers for a 5A sized school). The administration would take me on as a long-term sub this fall, but I know my limits. Teaching full-time and finishing school full-time would be impossible.


Janus, good to hear from you. Take your time with the meds, and take care of yourself!


Looking forward to this week being over, and it just started. I have six assignments to get done before Aug. 3rd.

THIS is why procrastination is bad. I got a bit depressed over having to repeat the courses and didn't start digging in to the work until almost halfway through. I know I can do this, but it's going to be hell.

110,051 to 110,100 of 275,656 << first < prev | 2197 | 2198 | 2199 | 2200 | 2201 | 2202 | 2203 | 2204 | 2205 | 2206 | 2207 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Off-Topic Discussions / Deep 6 FaWtL All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.