Deep 6 FaWtL


Off-Topic Discussions

97,501 to 97,550 of 240,637 << first < prev | 1946 | 1947 | 1948 | 1949 | 1950 | 1951 | 1952 | 1953 | 1954 | 1955 | 1956 | next > last >>

Bitter Thorn wrote:
Drejk wrote:
Bitter Thorn wrote:
Reminiscing with Dad about WW2 and his time as a Navy corpsman in the Pacific theater and uncle Harold storming the beaches at Iwo Jima and uncle Bob's service in the Korean War. Dad served at Peal Harbor.

During the initial Japanese attack or later?

Quote:

When we moved to Odessa TX (when I was 3) gas was 21 cents a gallon and smokes were a quarter a pack.

It provides an interesting and special perspective. I imagine I will remember this time fondly in the future.

I remember times when an ice cream costed 10 grands... It got better.

After the initial attack.

10 grand!? O_O

10 thousands zloty (which was around 1 dollar at that time, I think). We had terrible inflation in early '90s.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Being naked for 10 thousands zloty? That would cover my debts, assuming those would be current and not the ones from early 90ties.


Cricket sound so sad
The messageboards are empty
A sad monster weeps


Why do wayfinder pdfs so much easier and more responsive than the paizo official ones and this is on an computer.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Subscriber

Well, that would have made the movie a bit shorter.


Pathfinder Adventure Subscriber

Not so much a white Christmas as a where's Noah? Christmas here.


second python thing I wrote


goooood morning FaWtL

christmas, woohooooo

time for a christmas carol (sp?)

süüüüüüüüßer die Glooocken niiiiiiieee kliiiiiiingen
aaaaaaals zuuu der Wei-hei-nachts-zeeeeeeit
süüüüüüüüßer die Engleiiiiin niiiiiiieeeee siiiiiiiingen
Liiiiiieeeeeder voooon Friiiiede uuuuuuund Freud


Drejk wrote:
Aegols, have you perhaps need for a schooled musicologist? My German cousin is looking for a work in her field of studies and she happens to live in Alzey but she will be moving to Wiesbaden soon.

musicologist, hm, no, can't help there, really

but best of luck to her

Scarab Sages

Good morning FAWTLY Folk! Happy Tuesday! Happy Christmas Eve!!!

Scarab Sages

Craptastic day yesterday! But today is looking vastly better. It's amazing what difference a good night's sleep can make!

Scarab Sages

And tomorrow.....presents!

Scarab Sages

And food! Let's not forget the food.

Scarab Sages

And....most important of all......family. That I never forget.

Scarab Sages

Heard from one of my older Fraternity brothers - he's finally out of the hospital after a week or two, and will get to spend Christmas at home with his family. He has CF, and had been sick with a bad fever and such. I was very happy to hear he was doing so much better.

Scarab Sages

All right, short and sweet today. Plenty of work to do. I may still try to get out a bit early, as I've got some stuff to take care of. Bit of last minute Christmas shopping and all that.

Scarab Sages

Peace and chicken grease folks! Have an awesome day!!


Celestial Healer wrote:
Also, my mom shares a birthday with our own FHDM. She is now a Sexagenarian. That is way less sexy than it sounds, I am sure.

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY CH MOM!!!! SAGITTARIAN PRIDE!!!!!!!!


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Aberzombie wrote:

Lucky thing I checked back in here, or I wouldn't have known about my second-favorite New Yorker's birthday. Usually, I find out through Facebook.....

I... Have been supplanted as FAVORITE NEW YORKER?

*sob* I may not be a hot young thing anymore, but but I can change! I can CHANGE!


Orthos wrote:
Fruitcake is not cake.

Iddon't get the hate on fruitcake. I I love a good homemade one with lots of alcohol in it. My people have been a eating rum cake in particular since time out of mind. I could go for a good black cake now actually. Mom got me a rum cake for my birthday and we all got pleasantly toasted.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Celestial Healer wrote:
Hmm. I don't know how much coverage candied cherries and pitted dates would provide over my naked body, but it's worth a try, I suppose.

It's going to be a merry Christmas for CH and beau...


1 person marked this as a favorite.

What a crazy couple of days it has been. After birthday celebrations, I had back to back games - Darklight Sisterhood on Sunday and kingmaker yesterday. As usual both parties surprised me with their ideas and tactics and bloodthirsty warmongering. There was also a lot of presents exchanged and I made out like a bandit this year. Pinkie pie mugs, Starship Trooper OAVs and electronic tentacles - oh my!

Wife and I need to figure out what's going on in tomorrow, but her present arrived and so I'm happy. I might be getting an extra present for the house today, but I'm unsure on that.

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY!

Shadow Lodge

Freehold DM wrote:
Orthos wrote:
Fruitcake is not cake.
Iddon't get the hate on fruitcake. I I love a good homemade one with lots of alcohol in it.

I have never met a fruitcake I like.

I also don't drink or eat anything with alcohol in it. If that's what it takes to make it tolerable that would explain why I've never had one I like.

Shadow Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.

First session of RotRL was last night. The Spider Sisters squashed goblins and our new witchy-alchemisty ally set them on fire from fifty paces, twice. New journal will be written up later, after I have woken up a bit more.


Aberzombie wrote:
And tomorrow.....presents!

no! today after dinner is present time

(the christ-child will deliver them during dinner)


this years nationwide broadcasted christmas church service is from the Marienkirche in my hometown Gelnhausen


Orthos wrote:
First session of RotRL was last night. The Spider Sisters squashed goblins and our new witchy-alchemisty ally set them on fire from fifty paces, twice. New journal will be written up later, after I have woken up a bit more.

Cool.

We started RotRL after Paizo con in 2012, and we made it to the 3rd book with me running, but got stalled by schedule and player issues. I like the AP.

We started King Maker years ago with an Air Force buddy running, but he wanted to switch to Serpent Skull when new players wanted to game. Then some of those players got out of the service so we only got to the fourth book on that one.

Some day I'd really like to run or play all the way through an AP. If we pick RotRL back up we would need an arcanist, and I would hate to have to run an arcane NPC.


Landscaping is done. Truck is loaded with furniture. Car is loaded onto trailer behind truck, and Dad's procedure is today. I'm more nervous than I ought to be.


Orthos wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
Orthos wrote:
Fruitcake is not cake.
Iddon't get the hate on fruitcake. I I love a good homemade one with lots of alcohol in it.

I have never met a fruitcake I like.

I also don't drink or eat anything with alcohol in it. If that's what it takes to make it tolerable that would explain why I've never had one I like.

The ones that used to come in the MREs were....interesting.


Orthos wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
Orthos wrote:
Fruitcake is not cake.
Iddon't get the hate on fruitcake. I I love a good homemade one with lots of alcohol in it.

I have never met a fruitcake I like.

I also don't drink or eat anything with alcohol in it. If that's what it takes to make it tolerable that would explain why I've never had one I like.

indeed that's part of the allure and why it tastes the way it does. I find virgin candied fruit based fruit cakes are horrible because there is no alcohol to provide a balance to the overwhelming sweetness.

Silver Crusade

Half day at work today then it's off to get christmassy, Nekkid Christmassy!

Silver Crusade

Everyone have a great christmas!


Meh. Headache slowly growing since the midday.

Silver Crusade

This journal is turning into "Sibling Rivalry: The Adventure". And we're only one session in.


Perhaps if you can find "The Two Ronnies" on TV, the best Christmas treat. With their blend of humour and mixing up of language.

:)

*Busy few days, blargle.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Happy Christmas Eve!!!


Kajehase wrote:
Well, that would have made the movie a bit shorter.

Hee hee!

Silver Crusade

Bitter Thorn wrote:
Some day I'd really like to run or play all the way through an AP. If we pick RotRL back up we would need an arcanist, and I would hate to have to run an arcane NPC.

I would love to play through an AP in a tabletop game someday.

Silver Crusade

Freehold DM wrote:
Orthos wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
Orthos wrote:
Fruitcake is not cake.
Iddon't get the hate on fruitcake. I I love a good homemade one with lots of alcohol in it.

I have never met a fruitcake I like.

I also don't drink or eat anything with alcohol in it. If that's what it takes to make it tolerable that would explain why I've never had one I like.

indeed that's part of the allure and why it tastes the way it does. I find virgin candied fruit based fruit cakes are horrible because there is no alcohol to provide a balance to the overwhelming sweetness.

Hmm. I went very light on the booze. Hope it is not too sweet.


Orthos do you also hate rubbing alcohol when cleaning cuts. what about the rubibng alchol they put on you when getting a shot?

Shadow Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
doctor_wu wrote:
Orthos do you also hate rubbing alcohol when cleaning cuts. what about the rubibng alchol they put on you when getting a shot?

LOL, that's a completely different kind of alcohol, you don't want to drink that stuff even if you do drink what people normally mean when they say just "alcohol" by itself without modifiers. Mixing up the two is silly. ;)

I don't particularly care for rubbing alcohol because it stings, but it's better than what happens if you don't use it.

But for imbibed alcoholic substances, I don't use anything except the extremely small amounts in medicines such as NyQuil. (And I really can't remember the last time I used NyQuil, it's been years.) I don't drink any sort of alcoholic beverages or eat food prepared with it*. So basically no recreational use, medicinal use only.

*=I used to have an exception clause here of "unless it's been cooked enough to remove the alcohol content", but since I've since learned that a lot of once-thought "cooked out" alcohol-including recipes do not remove as much alcohol content from their dishes as originally thought, I've just sworn them off entirely.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Finished with work by three, one gift to go, comics coming in a day early, kisses from puppies, and a Merry Christmas to everybody.

Have a good festive 7 days.


Yea, you don't want to swallow rubbing alcohol, if you want to or not.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

And now I am full...

Yummy fish, yummy potatoes, yummy salad, yummy cream.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Celestial Healer wrote:
Bitter Thorn wrote:
Some day I'd really like to run or play all the way through an AP. If we pick RotRL back up we would need an arcanist, and I would hate to have to run an arcane NPC.
I would love to play through an AP in a tabletop game someday.

I like it, but I have never gamed any way except table top in person.


Orthos wrote:
doctor_wu wrote:
Orthos do you also hate rubbing alcohol when cleaning cuts. what about the rubibng alchol they put on you when getting a shot?

LOL, that's a completely different kind of alcohol, you don't want to drink that stuff even if you do drink what people normally mean when they say just "alcohol" by itself without modifiers. Mixing up the two is silly. ;)

I don't particularly care for rubbing alcohol because it stings, but it's better than what happens if you don't use it.

But for imbibed alcoholic substances, I don't use anything except the extremely small amounts in medicines such as NyQuil. (And I really can't remember the last time I used NyQuil, it's been years.) I don't drink any sort of alcoholic beverages or eat food prepared with it*. So basically no recreational use, medicinal use only.

*=I used to have an exception clause here of "unless it's been cooked enough to remove the alcohol content", but since I've since learned that a lot of once-thought "cooked out" alcohol-including recipes do not remove as much alcohol content from their dishes as originally thought, I've just sworn them off entirely.

Good for you! This must be quite a money saver. I imagine I could save quite a bit of money if I quite my vices, but I don't see that happening. ;)

I enjoy my alcohol, caffeine and smokes, but I still root for those who are trying to or have succeeded at getting past them.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Dad's procedure is done, but I'm still pretty stressed. I think it's time for a smoke and a beer or twelve. ;)

hide:
1.2 liters of fluid from around the right lung. Now we wait on lab results to find out if it's benign.


Bitter Thorn wrote:
Celestial Healer wrote:
Bitter Thorn wrote:
Some day I'd really like to run or play all the way through an AP. If we pick RotRL back up we would need an arcanist, and I would hate to have to run an arcane NPC.
I would love to play through an AP in a tabletop game someday.
I like it, but I have never gamed any way except table top in person.

ROAD TRIP!!!!!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Bitter Thorn wrote:

Dad's procedure is done, but I'm still pretty stressed. I think it's time for a smoke and a beer or twelve. ;)

** spoiler omitted **

glad to hear it went well. No smokes for you though!

97,501 to 97,550 of 240,637 << first < prev | 1946 | 1947 | 1948 | 1949 | 1950 | 1951 | 1952 | 1953 | 1954 | 1955 | 1956 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Off-Topic Discussions / Deep 6 FaWtL All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.