Deep 6 FaWtL


Off-Topic Discussions

93,801 to 93,850 of 238,296 << first < prev | 1872 | 1873 | 1874 | 1875 | 1876 | 1877 | 1878 | 1879 | 1880 | 1881 | 1882 | next > last >>

Kajehase wrote:

If Iceland were to make it to the World Cup, they'll be the smallest nation to have ever qualified.

When the qualifications groups were drawn, they were seeded below the Faroe Islands.

unfortunately Panama was defeated by Mexico.


Their "take the field naked" strategy did not work.

Sovereign Court

BluePigeon wrote:
Anyone recommmed a good fantasy series, other than the stuff cranked out at wizards. Paizo is oaky, but I'm looking for something outside the RPG mold.

Uh hum, may I make a suggestion

Silver Crusade

+1 to mistborn


Anyone mentioned Malazan Book Of The Fallen yet?


Is that a headache creeping in?

Damn, I didn't bought any painkillers after using the last one on weekend...


rmph


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Wow three interviews this week.


Kajehase,
notice the red "Engelbert Strauss Workwear" perimeter advertising ? with the little Ostrich.

that is a company from my home valley, 10 km away
20 years ago they where a small brush and broom manufactoerer, now they are germanys biggest workwear producér and internet shop

I buy 60% of my cloth at that their store (cheap, high quality t-shirts for example)


Pathfinder Adventure Subscriber

Cool. Now I have something to keep an eye out for.

Sovereign Court

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Rulebook Subscriber

David Eddings
Raymond E. Feist (at least through A Darkness at Sethanon)
Terry Brooks
Tad Williams
Steven R. Brust
Jim Butcher
Patricia Briggs (tends to have a bit of romance; Some series urban fantasy)
Sharon Shinn (tends to have a bit of romance; some series / book sci-fi)
C.E. Murphy (tends to have a bit of romance; urban fantasy)
C.F. Friedman (sometimes a little more sci-fi. Tends to be DARK.)
C.J. Cherryh (also sci fi)
Judith Tarr
Stephen R Lawhead (maybe more historical fiction than fantasy)

there's sure to be tons more, but...it's a start.

Shadow Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Hey Freehold!


TOZ wrote:
Hey Freehold!

I...I had thought this but a legend from the fevered minds at 4chan, but it's true. ...

Spoiler:
dammit its all ages. Oh well, ill enjoy it all the same...

Got here late, so best wishes to your friends, AZ.

Books - I've read the ones on Jess's list, and I'd recommend them all. Also Jo Graham; Her Numinous World series is terrific.

Stephen R. Donaldson's last Thomas Covenant book came out today! Crazy4catnip has been waiting for it for awhile now.

Silver Crusade

Evening, all. What did I miss?

Silver Crusade

4 people marked this as a favorite.

The I am back from my college reunion and got a lot of stuff done around the house today. The weekend was good! I caught up with a lot of people I had not seen in some time.


Great to hear CH. Sounds like it was fun and actually being productive too!

Anyway, off out tonight to hang with a friend. With some luck we might get a game out, or she'll help me with some NPC planning.


Meh. Rains started. Probably end of a beautiful weather we had this October...


Drejk wrote:
Meh. Rains started. Probably end of a beautiful weather we had this October...

Darn, sorry to hear that.

Whilst your boys played well last night, despite the result.


Uh? Soccer? Poland playing well? I must have quantum-tunneled myself to another dimension during the night...

Oh, wait... Facebook gave me an appropriate and well aimed suggestion for a page to like... I certainly must be in parallel world!

Shadow Lodge

Time to wander off. Later FAWTLfolk.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Everything always comes down to arguing semantics, it seems.


Icyshadow wrote:
Everything always comes down to arguing semantics, it seems.

You have reminded me of a friend I used to have. He was trying to quote Clerks, the line that goes something like "I offering you my body and you're offering me semantics," but instead he said "...offering me Semitics." That really changes thing.


So, are ethnicities capitalized? Just curious since you wrote Semitics and not semitics.

Shadow Lodge

Typically, yes. They're considered proper nouns.

The Exchange

Jess Door wrote:

David Eddings

Raymond E. Feist (at least through A Darkness at Sethanon)
Terry Brooks
Tad Williams
Steven R. Brust
Jim Butcher
Patricia Briggs (tends to have a bit of romance; Some series urban fantasy)
Sharon Shinn (tends to have a bit of romance; some series / book sci-fi)
C.E. Murphy (tends to have a bit of romance; urban fantasy)
C.F. Friedman (sometimes a little more sci-fi. Tends to be DARK.)
C.J. Cherryh (also sci fi)
Judith Tarr
Stephen R Lawhead (maybe more historical fiction than fantasy)

there's sure to be tons more, but...it's a start.

Whyfore the list?

The Exchange

Aberzombie wrote:
Not so good morning FAWTLY Folk! Opened up Facebook to find that a fraternity brother and his wife suffered a terrible loss. I'll leave it at that.

So sorry to hear.

The Exchange

Crimson Jester wrote:


Whyfore the list?

Ah I see favorite book list.

I think The King's Buccaneer is one of REF's best books.

Silver Crusade

Morning, all. What did I miss?

Silver Crusade

Morning all, Great game at PFS last night. Although "that" guy showed up. You know the guy who figures prominently in such fascinating threads like "Problem Player, What Do I do"

After some hints from DM about how some encounters might not be level appropriate. Our young gunslinger who was just itching to use his new toy wound up in a mano v glabrezu combat...Note we are a level 2 party.

The glabrezu was disguised as a gnome trapped in a summoning circle..however after my wizard informed him that the gnome had an abyssal name and was not suffering from the dreaded bleaching effect i.e. Um hey dumbass, he's not a gnome. our young hero went into the circle. The DM who was as surprised as the rest of us said "Oh cool, I have the glabrezu statted out"

It was not a pretty sight to behold my friends, We walked out with 1 less adventurer, but a better group overall.

Sovereign Court

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Rulebook Subscriber

Crim J! YOu're online!

Are you interested in WotR still? I'm about to start a second game...

A certain father of 6 mo twins you may be familiar with is planning to play...


Pathfinder Adventure Subscriber

My BodaNova whiskey tumblers make a very nice noise when you hit them lightly with a fingernail.

Actually, I suspect they'd have a nice ring if I struck them with a toe-nail as well, but I'm not gonna test that anyway.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Icyshadow wrote:
So, are ethnicities capitalized? Just curious since you wrote Semitics and not semitics.

Yes. And in case of English language ethnic/national adjectives should be capitalized as well (this is different than in some other languages where only ethnic/national nouns are capitalized) - which makes important distinction from my point of view because of difference between polish and Polish...


Off for Derp Heresy session. Probably last one for me this year... Unless we gather once again next week.


Had a great Champions game last night...


Can't see out of my right eye this morning. Habitual, but odd.

The Exchange

Jess Door wrote:

Crim J! YOu're online!

Are you interested in WotR still? I'm about to start a second game...

A certain father of 6 mo twins you may be familiar with is planning to play...

Yep at work. I just don't get on here as much as I would otherwise like.

Really M. has a log on here?


Crimson Jester wrote:
Jess Door wrote:

Crim J! YOu're online!

Are you interested in WotR still? I'm about to start a second game...

A certain father of 6 mo twins you may be familiar with is planning to play...

Yep at work. I just don't get on here as much as I would otherwise like.

Really M. has a log on here?

Yep, Here

The Exchange

Well my world is getting smaller.

The Exchange

Spoiler:
Of course I also got served with Divorce papers today.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Damn. I'm sorry man.

The Exchange

meh. nothing to say on it.

Shadow Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Good luck.


Crimson Jester wrote:
Jess Door wrote:

David Eddings

Raymond E. Feist (at least through A Darkness at Sethanon)
Terry Brooks
Tad Williams
Steven R. Brust
Jim Butcher
Patricia Briggs (tends to have a bit of romance; Some series urban fantasy)
Sharon Shinn (tends to have a bit of romance; some series / book sci-fi)
C.E. Murphy (tends to have a bit of romance; urban fantasy)
C.F. Friedman (sometimes a little more sci-fi. Tends to be DARK.)
C.J. Cherryh (also sci fi)
Judith Tarr
Stephen R Lawhead (maybe more historical fiction than fantasy)

there's sure to be tons more, but...it's a start.

Whyfore the list?

I also used to enjoy Anne MacCaffery's DragonRiders of Pern series. And I have enjoyed some of the more recent ones co written by her and her son.

Also, Am I the only one who enjoys reading (Or re-reading) Edgar Rice Burroughs anymore?
I have enjoyed the adventures of both Tarzan and John Carter since I was in second grade! (I was a bit ahead of my reading level back then)
:)


Pathfinder Adventure Subscriber
Crimson Jester wrote:
** spoiler omitted **

Sorry to hear.

Shadow Lodge

Ragadolf wrote:

Also, Am I the only one who enjoys reading (Or re-reading) Edgar Rice Burroughs anymore?

I have enjoyed the adventures of both Tarzan and John Carter since I was in second grade! (I was a bit ahead of my reading level back then)
:)

It's one of those things I just haven't gotten around to yet. I didn't get introduced to Burroughs at all as an author until I was in college. Prior to that his name was, to me, just associated with movies based on his books; I didn't know he was an author, I thought he was a movie director.


Pathfinder Adventure Subscriber
Ragadolf wrote:
Crimson Jester wrote:
Jess Door wrote:

David Eddings

Raymond E. Feist (at least through A Darkness at Sethanon)
Terry Brooks
Tad Williams
Steven R. Brust
Jim Butcher
Patricia Briggs (tends to have a bit of romance; Some series urban fantasy)
Sharon Shinn (tends to have a bit of romance; some series / book sci-fi)
C.E. Murphy (tends to have a bit of romance; urban fantasy)
C.F. Friedman (sometimes a little more sci-fi. Tends to be DARK.)
C.J. Cherryh (also sci fi)
Judith Tarr
Stephen R Lawhead (maybe more historical fiction than fantasy)

there's sure to be tons more, but...it's a start.

Whyfore the list?

I also used to enjoy Anne MacCaffery's DragonRiders of Pern series. And I have enjoyed some of the more recent ones co written by her and her son.

Also, Am I the only one who enjoys reading (Or re-reading) Edgar Rice Burroughs anymore?
I have enjoyed the adventures of both Tarzan and John Carter since I was in second grade! (I was a bit ahead of my reading level back then)
:)

I tried some Edgar Rice Burroughs a while back, and while I enjoyed it more than I've done HP Lovecraft or Robert E Howard it still wasn't my cup of tea.

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Also I seem to be the only person alive who actually enjoyed Eyes of the Dragon. Stephen Kings foray into fantasy. Never got the sequel it deserved.

Shadow Lodge

I've heard of it, mostly in its connection to Dark Tower which I have read, but never gotten to read it. It too is on The List.


Pathfinder Adventure Subscriber
Orthos wrote:
Ragadolf wrote:

Also, Am I the only one who enjoys reading (Or re-reading) Edgar Rice Burroughs anymore?

I have enjoyed the adventures of both Tarzan and John Carter since I was in second grade! (I was a bit ahead of my reading level back then)
:)
It's one of those things I just haven't gotten around to yet. I didn't get introduced to Burroughs at all as an author until I was in college. Prior to that his name was, to me, just associated with movies based on his books; I didn't know he was an author, I thought he was a movie director.

I once saw someone claim that the ideal age to discover him was when you're 11-12 and haven't developed much in the way of cynicism or genre-savviness yet.

93,801 to 93,850 of 238,296 << first < prev | 1872 | 1873 | 1874 | 1875 | 1876 | 1877 | 1878 | 1879 | 1880 | 1881 | 1882 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Off-Topic Discussions / Deep 6 FaWtL All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.