Deep 6 FaWtL


Off-Topic Discussions

801 to 850 of 240,359 << first < prev | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | next > last >>

Naked and sleepy on top. :)

Scarab Sages

Mmmmm.......

Scarab Sages

Full from lunch, and now I just want to take a nap.

Liberty's Edge Contributor, RPG Superstar 2012

Justin Franklin wrote:
Moorluck wrote:
Justin Franklin wrote:
Hockey Game tonight and Paizo box, so basically awesome.:)
Blood! Mayhem! oh... and Paizo stuff too! ;-)
A guy on the other team last weekend lifted the stick of one of our forwards...right into his own throat. He proceeded to go down in a pile on the ice. After the game I heard him complaining to the ref that it wasn't called. ;)

But what kind of penalty do you give someone for being a dumbass? I'm sure that was the ref's dilemma.


taig wrote:
Justin Franklin wrote:
Moorluck wrote:
Justin Franklin wrote:
Hockey Game tonight and Paizo box, so basically awesome.:)
Blood! Mayhem! oh... and Paizo stuff too! ;-)
A guy on the other team last weekend lifted the stick of one of our forwards...right into his own throat. He proceeded to go down in a pile on the ice. After the game I heard him complaining to the ref that it wasn't called. ;)
But what kind of penalty do you give someone for being a dumbass? I'm sure that was the ref's dilemma.

Nah. Being a dumbass usually comes with self-inflicting penalties. Why add to the pile? :)


Pathfinder Companion, Maps Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
taig wrote:
Justin Franklin wrote:
Moorluck wrote:
Justin Franklin wrote:
Hockey Game tonight and Paizo box, so basically awesome.:)
Blood! Mayhem! oh... and Paizo stuff too! ;-)
A guy on the other team last weekend lifted the stick of one of our forwards...right into his own throat. He proceeded to go down in a pile on the ice. After the game I heard him complaining to the ref that it wasn't called. ;)
But what kind of penalty do you give someone for being a dumbass? I'm sure that was the ref's dilemma.

You can always go for Interference (the standard hockey you did something wrong penalty). ;) Otherwise we can always call diving. ;)


Justin Franklin wrote:
Moorluck wrote:
Justin Franklin wrote:
Hockey Game tonight and Paizo box, so basically awesome.:)
Blood! Mayhem! oh... and Paizo stuff too! ;-)
A guy on the other team last weekend lifted the stick of one of our forwards...right into his own throat. He proceeded to go down in a pile on the ice. After the game I heard him complaining to the ref that it wasn't called. ;)

Are you sure he did this himself and wasn't "helped" by the other guy? Keep in mind that the inherently chaotic nature of hockey makes the game incredibly confusing to me.

The Exchange

Damn you Uri

I now have the rime of the ancient mariner stuck in my head.


This message has been brought to you by the letter J !!

Why is "j" so uncommon in the basic English language, but so common as the first letter of given names in English? James, John, Joseph, Jessica, Jennifer, Jared, Jamie, Josephine, Jeff, Joan....

...

I don't know why these things bother me.


Jesszilla wrote:

This message has been brought to you by the letter J !!

Why is "j" so uncommon in the basic English language, but so common as the first letter of given names in English? James, John, Joseph, Jessica, Jennifer, Jared, Jamie, Josephine, Jeff, Joan....

...

I don't know why these things bother me.

I think it's because the sound itself doesn't fit into the language very well. We'll use "S" sounds long before we use "J" sounds, and even then, we have the letter "G" for that, which seems to be more flexible overall. As in "Gary". preens


Crimson Jester wrote:

Damn you Uri

I now have the rime of the ancient mariner stuck in my head.

But...you say that as if it were a bad thing. Whereas I see it as pure AWESOME.


Pathfinder Companion, Maps Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
Freehold DM wrote:
Justin Franklin wrote:
Moorluck wrote:
Justin Franklin wrote:
Hockey Game tonight and Paizo box, so basically awesome.:)
Blood! Mayhem! oh... and Paizo stuff too! ;-)
A guy on the other team last weekend lifted the stick of one of our forwards...right into his own throat. He proceeded to go down in a pile on the ice. After the game I heard him complaining to the ref that it wasn't called. ;)
Are you sure he did this himself and wasn't "helped" by the other guy? Keep in mind that the inherently chaotic nature of hockey makes the game incredibly confusing to me.

Knowing the other guy, I am very sure. Tyler is a danger to himself and others on the ice, only because ha can skate really fast, but isn't very good at stopping. ;)

Sovereign Court

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Rulebook Subscriber
Freehold DM wrote:
...As in "Gary"...

Jerry!

The Exchange

Jess Door wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
...As in "Gary"...
Jerry!

Or my Grandma in law, Gerri.

RPG Superstar 2012

Moorluck wrote:
Jess Door wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
...As in "Gary"...
Jerry!
Or my Grandma in law, Gerri.

Or Gerry Anderson, creator of Thunderbirds and various other Supermarionation shows.


Slow day. *sigh* Well, fine. If no one is around to help me procrastinate I'll just go do my work. Like I should have been doing all along....

Liberty's Edge

My Last Meal:
I've decided that my last meal will be white castle sliders, JitB tacos, extra spicy chili, a pitcher of Sanka, and a gallon of milk so that when I go... I go out with a bang!

Probably literally with that food combo.

Liberty's Edge

Studpuffin wrote:
** spoiler omitted **

Ewww... where's VomitGuy when you really need him?

Paizo Employee Senior Software Developer

Hmmm. What happens if I press this button?

RPG Superstar 2012

Gary Teter wrote:
Hmmm. What happens if I press this button?

Well, my hands turned blue, but I'm sure those two things are unrelated.


Pathfinder Companion, Maps Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
Gary Teter wrote:
Hmmm. What happens if I press this button?

Woot!!! My iPad2 arrived, Thanks Gary!


taig wrote:
Gary Teter wrote:
Hmmm. What happens if I press this button?
Well, my hands turned blue, but I'm sure those two things are unrelated.

Two by two, hands of blue?


Off to pick up kidlet, then grocery store. This could either go well because he feels like helping, or be the hugest disaster ever. We'll see....


Studpuffin wrote:
** spoiler omitted **

are you sure you are not related to my high school buddy's dad?

Shadow Lodge

Aberzombie wrote:
Talking Heads kick ass!

I have this really great video that has them doing a concert, it starts with just him with a boom box and as the show progressess more and more of them come on stage, it's a lot of fun. "Stop Making Sense" I think was the DVD/ tour.


nap time

The Exchange

Gary Teter wrote:
Hmmm. What happens if I press this button?

Solnes gets turned on.

So.... PUSH IT AGAIN!!!

Scarab Sages

Gary Teter wrote:
Hmmm. What happens if I press this button?

I'm reminded...:
An employee we had here called me because she was having with a computer program. The conversation went something like...

Me: "What did you do?"
Her: "I pressed this button."
"And did that work?"
"No."
"So then what did you do?"
"I pressed that button again."
"And did that work?"
"No."
"So then what did you do?"
"I pressed the button again."
* sigh * "And did that work?"
"No."
...

Isn't one definition of "insanity" to do the same thing over and over again expecting different results?

Liberty's Edge Contributor, RPG Superstar 2012

Justin Franklin wrote:
Gary Teter wrote:
Hmmm. What happens if I press this button?
Woot!!! My iPad2 arrived, Thanks Gary!

KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!!!!!!


Jesszilla wrote:

This message has been brought to you by the letter J !!

Why is "j" so uncommon in the basic English language, but so common as the first letter of given names in English? James, John, Joseph, Jessica, Jennifer, Jared, Jamie, Josephine, Jeff, Joan....

...

I don't know why these things bother me.

Because English names come from other languages, especially Latin and Greek and Hebrew.

Spoiler:
But since NONE of those languages have the sound J in them, why do they get anglicized as J? Aaaaa!

Paizo Employee Senior Software Developer

Here goes nothing!


Did the Mearls unity thread blow up?

Liberty's Edge Contributor, RPG Superstar 2012

Mairkurion {tm} wrote:
Did the Mearls unity thread blow up?

Gary is good, but he hasn't ascended to divinity.

Shadow Lodge

Gary Teter wrote:
Here goes nothing!

You opened FAWTLhouse five back up?


taig wrote:
Mairkurion {tm} wrote:
Did the Mearls unity thread blow up?
Gary is good, but he hasn't ascended to divinity.

Dangit!

Gary:
Keep hittin' buttons!


Pathfinder Companion, Maps Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
Gary Teter wrote:
Here goes nothing!

Wow multiple advanced iPad2s.

Paizo Employee Senior Software Developer

*click*

Spoiler:
There's a 50-50 chance this *click* will affect your instance.

RPG Superstar 2012

Gary Teter wrote:

*click*

** spoiler omitted **

Thanks for the ability to edit the thread title when editing the original post, Gary! That's awesome!

Liberty's Edge Contributor, RPG Superstar 2012

Justin Franklin wrote:
Gary Teter wrote:
Here goes nothing!
Wow multiple advanced iPad2s.

spoilered for language:

FU#(&W$#(%*#$)^)@%@$^*#$%)%*#$%)$%*%$!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Paizo Employee Senior Software Developer

taig wrote:
Thanks for the ability to edit the thread title when editing the original post, Gary! That's awesome!

That's not new. Or at least, if it is, it wasn't because of what I just did.

Spoiler:
I think.

Liberty's Edge Contributor, RPG Superstar 2012

Gary Teter wrote:
taig wrote:
Thanks for the ability to edit the thread title when editing the original post, Gary! That's awesome!

That's not new. Or at least, if it is, it wasn't because of what I just did.

** spoiler omitted **

I just noticed it, and it seemed relatively new. You happened to be around, so I thought I'd thank you while you were here. :)

Sovereign Court

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Rulebook Subscriber
Gary Teter wrote:
taig wrote:
Thanks for the ability to edit the thread title when editing the original post, Gary! That's awesome!

That's not new. Or at least, if it is, it wasn't because of what I just did.

** spoiler omitted **

I love these posts.

They amuse me greatly.

That is all.

(except the whole "J" name thing still bothers me)


Pathfinder Companion, Maps Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
Jess Door wrote:
Gary Teter wrote:
taig wrote:
Thanks for the ability to edit the thread title when editing the original post, Gary! That's awesome!

That's not new. Or at least, if it is, it wasn't because of what I just did.

** spoiler omitted **

I love these posts.

They amuse me greatly.

That is all.

(except the whole "J" name thing still bothers me)

My name is Latin.....that is all I've got.

RPG Superstar 2012

Justin Franklin wrote:
Jess Door wrote:
Gary Teter wrote:
taig wrote:
Thanks for the ability to edit the thread title when editing the original post, Gary! That's awesome!

That's not new. Or at least, if it is, it wasn't because of what I just did.

** spoiler omitted **

I love these posts.

They amuse me greatly.

That is all.

(except the whole "J" name thing still bothers me)

My name is Latin.....that is all I've got.

That's slim justinfication.


Pathfinder Companion, Maps Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
taig wrote:
Justin Franklin wrote:
Jess Door wrote:
Gary Teter wrote:
taig wrote:
Thanks for the ability to edit the thread title when editing the original post, Gary! That's awesome!

That's not new. Or at least, if it is, it wasn't because of what I just did.

** spoiler omitted **

I love these posts.

They amuse me greatly.

That is all.

(except the whole "J" name thing still bothers me)

My name is Latin.....that is all I've got.
That's slim justinfication.

It means justice, so SMITE BADGAH!!!! ;)

Sovereign Court

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Rulebook Subscriber
Justin Franklin wrote:
taig wrote:
Justin Franklin wrote:
Jess Door wrote:
Gary Teter wrote:
taig wrote:
Thanks for the ability to edit the thread title when editing the original post, Gary! That's awesome!

That's not new. Or at least, if it is, it wasn't because of what I just did.

** spoiler omitted **

I love these posts.

They amuse me greatly.

That is all.

(except the whole "J" name thing still bothers me)

My name is Latin.....that is all I've got.
That's slim justinfication.
It means justice, so SMITE BADGAH!!!! ;)

My brother's name is Justin. And the parents almost named my other brother Jeff, but went with Greg instead, so at least they avoided that "Let's give all our children names beginning with the letter _!"


Pathfinder Companion, Maps Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
Jess Door wrote:
Justin Franklin wrote:
taig wrote:
Justin Franklin wrote:
Jess Door wrote:
Gary Teter wrote:
taig wrote:
Thanks for the ability to edit the thread title when editing the original post, Gary! That's awesome!

That's not new. Or at least, if it is, it wasn't because of what I just did.

** spoiler omitted **

I love these posts.

They amuse me greatly.

That is all.

(except the whole "J" name thing still bothers me)

My name is Latin.....that is all I've got.
That's slim justinfication.
It means justice, so SMITE BADGAH!!!! ;)
My brother's name is Justin. And the parents almost named my other brother Jeff, but went with Greg instead, so at least they avoided that "Let's give all our children names beginning with the letter _!"

Yea, my parents did that, and so did my grandparents, and then so did I. ;)


Justin Franklin wrote:
taig wrote:
Justin Franklin wrote:
Jess Door wrote:
Gary Teter wrote:
taig wrote:
Thanks for the ability to edit the thread title when editing the original post, Gary! That's awesome!

That's not new. Or at least, if it is, it wasn't because of what I just did.

** spoiler omitted **

I love these posts.

They amuse me greatly.

That is all.

(except the whole "J" name thing still bothers me)

My name is Latin.....that is all I've got.
That's slim justinfication.
It means justice, so SMITE BADGAH!!!! ;)

X_X

The Exchange

I was named after Spartacus. No really, my dad wanted to name me Spartacus, but thankfully my mom won the argument and he named me after the actor who played him instead.

The Exchange

Urizen wrote:
Crimson Jester wrote:

Damn you Uri

I now have the rime of the ancient mariner stuck in my head.

But...you say that as if it were a bad thing. Whereas I see it as pure AWESOME.

I say that as I am currently stuck for several hours at work and in a training class humming the song and can not LISTEN to it.

801 to 850 of 240,359 << first < prev | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Off-Topic Discussions / Deep 6 FaWtL All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.