Deep 6 FaWtL


Off-Topic Discussions

81,351 to 81,400 of 238,681 << first < prev | 1623 | 1624 | 1625 | 1626 | 1627 | 1628 | 1629 | 1630 | 1631 | 1632 | 1633 | next > last >>
Scarab Sages

1 person marked this as a favorite.

One of the guys in my gaming group got tickets for the Phillies game through his company. Suite tickets. He invited us.

So it looks like I'll be going to a different kind of game Wednesday night.

Scarab Sages

I'd best put some clothes on, unless I want to streak across the infield. Hmmm.......

Scarab Sages

3 people marked this as a favorite.

My wife has a big speech today - anniversary of the loss of the USS THRESHER. It's what basically started the program she oversees. I told her I'd sit I the audience and make faces at her.

Scarab Sages

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Although tomorrow is the actual anniversary. Today's just the day they had to do the little rememberance ceremony.

Scarab Sages

Anyway, almost at work, so bye for now.


Moorluck wrote:
Patrick Curtin wrote:

*sigh*

I wanna go

You want I should save you some space in the Uhaul?

I need a UHaul just for my gaming books. Naw, I'm stuck East of the Mizzuship unless the wife switches jobs


Aberzombie wrote:
Good morning FAWTLY Folk! Another sunny, warm day here in the city of brotherly hate.

Wouldn't that make your city's name Phobadelphia then?

Scarab Sages

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Patrick Curtin wrote:
Aberzombie wrote:
Good morning FAWTLY Folk! Another sunny, warm day here in the city of brotherly hate.
Wouldn't that make your city's name Phobadelphia then?

An excellent point, my friend! Henceforth, thus shall it be.

Shadow Lodge

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Aberzombie wrote:
Patrick Curtin wrote:
Aberzombie wrote:
Good morning FAWTLY Folk! Another sunny, warm day here in the city of brotherly hate.
Wouldn't that make your city's name Phobadelphia then?
An excellent point, my friend! Henceforth, thus shall it be.

Time for an internet petition?


Aberzombie wrote:
My wife has a big speech today - anniversary of the loss of the USS THRESHER. It's what basically started the program she oversees. I told her I'd sit I the audience and make faces at her.

glad to hear this. Congratulations!!!

On my end...After a night of searching after my wife headed out to see her father in law get his cataract surgery, I have found two positions that seem a bit on the boring side but I qualify for. I've already spoken it over with the wife and she has told me that she's all for me applying. Now to mention it at work..I gotta figure out how to do so courteously without freaking anyone out...


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Step one: Tell everyone but your boss. Step two: Tell your boss you don't work there when you get assigned work they really need you to do. Step three: Serve a goodbye cake with a filling of half and half laxative.

Shadow Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Yay, another jerk to add to the ignore list. -_-


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Dear Internet.

Stop reminding me why I hate humanity.

Shadow Lodge

Yeah I need to get off the forums today for my mental health. I'm out. Catch you guys later.

Silver Crusade

3 people marked this as a favorite.

FHDM: Don't tell anybody at work anything until you have another job. It's none of their business, and your boss could make life miserable for you if it ever got back to her.

Silver Crusade

I don't see myself moving to Houston anytime soon, but the new job will involve a fair amount of business travel after the first 6 to 9 months of getting up to speed. (My willingness to travel was one of the things that helped get me the job.) Perhaps I may find myself in town at some point :)

Silver Crusade

Morning, all. What did I miss?

I am loving having the day off. Time to get out and enjoy this beautiful weather!


Celestial Healer wrote:
FHDM: Don't tell anybody at work anything until you have another job. It's none of their business, and your boss could make life miserable for you if it ever got back to her.

Agreed. This is very true. Only tell them once you have a new job, that is after you sign a contract.

Scarab Sages

Well damn. A dude here at work died yesterday from complications due to an aortic aneurism. Only 55 years old. He was a real nice guy.


Scintillae wrote:

Speak for yourself, BP. April's marked the first calls I've had in two years about interviews for being a real teacher.

Got another today. =)

There's a job Fair at Southpoint Casino at noon, so I'm off to look for work again. two more day(?) and I can post resumes and applications. This new store is more than a handful and I have too much on my plate as is. I've lost over 150.00 at the gas pumps. So corporate has their boot gunning for my rump.

Shadow Lodge

Man BP, you just don't have any luck with jobs lately =/ Hope that turns around for you soon.


Orthos wrote:
Man BP, you just don't have any luck with jobs lately =/ Hope that turns around for you soon.

So do I. Seriously.

This economy is getting really, really, sh-tty. I keep bumping into people who have almost 24 years in the military while I have zero. I mean, ex-military, they get the upper management positions and that smells of favoritism. I mean I'm happy to be cashier as long as it doesn't leave me short in the register. Over the last 15 years as a cashier, I've never been short as much or have lost or misplaced as much as I have in a single week. I never stolen money orders, the TACC safe, or the donation boxes.

I understand merit, but I have more than 10 years working in a idea major international corporation. I've picked up the experience to run my own store, but when it comes down to it, if I want comfort, I see myself working and maintaining my own store, or just struggling from paycheck to paycheck just to survive.


well, time for the job fair.

Nekkid job faire hunting. Anyone think of that?

Shadow Lodge

I hate to say it, but in your position I'd look into how Nevada fares on the country-wide economy. When I moved out of Arizona, it was at or near the bottom of the ranking, which made my two years of struggling to find work and bouncing from one short-term temp job to another make more sense in context. I moved out to TN and had a job within a couple of months, which I'm still at. Leaving sucked - it was the utter last thing I wanted, at the time - but it's been overall better all things considered with the single exception of being across the country from Ebon and my brother and niece.

Unpleasant as it may sound, it might be time to look into a neighborhood with a better economic potential, if Nevada is skating along the bottom of the roster. At the very least, it'll give you an idea of what kind of opportunities might be nearby, or where good options might be.

My 2cp for what it's worth. Hope it helps, even if it's likely one of the most unpleasant solutions, if you're particularly close to your current home.

Shadow Lodge

BluePigeon wrote:
well, time for the job fair.

Good luck man.


A lot of it is the register I'm using and non-english speaking clientele I deal with. Many of them, and I mean that, do not know what gas pumps they are when they hand me cash. It's aggravating to an hourly basis when I put their fair in the system and they are on the wrong pump. By the time I catch it, someone else has pumped their gas. I have my procedure to correct this problem, but time and again some blunders into it.

Seriously, how hard is it to memorize your make and car model, the pump station number, and the grade of gas you need. The customer expects me to do that and I don't even drive their vehicle. I hate that.

Anyway, I'm hitting the the job board on the internet. I had several hits yesterday. I'm also looking into cab work her in Vegas. I just the cash for licensing and drug testing.

I'm not done yet.


Gotta get this show on the road. Everyone, have a good afternoon.


Plumbing trap - brilliant invention

in the morning Sabine asked me to close her necklace, one end slips through my fingers and the golden pedant with a little diamond, my first ever real gift to her (at her 30th birthday) falls of - right into the sink
thanks to the wonderful plumbing trap I could recover it undamaged


Celestial Healer wrote:
I don't see myself moving to Houston anytime soon, but the new job will involve a fair amount of business travel after the first 6 to 9 months of getting up to speed. (My willingness to travel was one of the things that helped get me the job.) Perhaps I may find myself in town at some point :)

travel to, say, Germany?


Aberzombie wrote:
Well damn. A dude here at work died yesterday from complications due to an aortic aneurism. Only 55 years old. He was a real nice guy.

bummer

sorry to hear that AZ


1 person marked this as a favorite.
BluePigeon wrote:

A lot of it is the register I'm using and non-english speaking clientele I deal with. Many of them, and I mean that, do not know what gas pumps they are when they hand me cash. It's aggravating to an hourly basis when I put their fair in the system and they are on the wrong pump. By the time I catch it, someone else has pumped their gas. I have my procedure to correct this problem, but time and again some blunders into it.

Seriously, how hard is it to memorize your make and car model, the pump station number, and the grade of gas you need. The customer expects me to do that and I don't even drive their vehicle. I hate that.

Anyway, I'm hitting the the job board on the internet. I had several hits yesterday. I'm also looking into cab work her in Vegas. I just the cash for licensing and drug testing.

I'm not done yet.

well, pumping gas works different in US and Europe, we hand sometimes a hard time with the credid card payment system

luckily Tordek gave us a crash course in Redmond


good luck with the job hnts BP, FHDM, Scynt and Orthos


Moorluck wrote:
You interested in a Cormyr setting? ;)

What year in FR?


Aberzombie wrote:
Moorluck wrote:

Okay. she got the offer from that we wanted for TX. July/August and we're there.

It's not the house I grew up in, but it's the change we need.

Huzzah!

+1

Scarab Sages

The sign on the road said lots of traffic. Then I look up from the phone and see us rolling along free and clear. I asked where the traffic was. My wife told me to stop jinxing us.

Scarab Sages

We found the traffic.

Scarab Sages

Mrgh.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Should've listened, huh?


Celestial Healer wrote:
FHDM: Don't tell anybody at work anything until you have another job. It's none of their business, and your boss could make life miserable for you if it ever got back to her.

I very much agree. Many work places treat people poorly, and when they find out their people are looking at other options they treat them even worse. I have seen more than one person terminated on the spot when their managers found out they had interviewed elsewhere.


Aberzombie wrote:
Well damn. A dude here at work died yesterday from complications due to an aortic aneurism. Only 55 years old. He was a real nice guy.

Damn.


Bitter Thorn wrote:
Celestial Healer wrote:
FHDM: Don't tell anybody at work anything until you have another job. It's none of their business, and your boss could make life miserable for you if it ever got back to her.
I very much agree. Many work places treat people poorly, and when they find out their people are looking at other options they treat them even worse. I have seen more than one person terminated on the spot when their managers found out they had interviewed elsewhere.

that's exactly what I'm trying to avoid. At will employment sucks.

The Exchange

Bitter Thorn wrote:
Moorluck wrote:
You interested in a Cormyr setting? ;)
What year in FR?

1363, 6 years before the Abraxus affair went down. Right now they're running out of Immersea and closely tied to the Wyvernspur family.

The Exchange

I had a question I wanted to post here, do any of you guys remember what it was? :/

The Exchange

On another note I think I'm getting older. I could only eat 4.5 bugers for dinner when I had 6 on my plate. Now the sad things must sit in the fridge until I get munchy later.

The Exchange

Freehold DM wrote:
Bitter Thorn wrote:
Celestial Healer wrote:
FHDM: Don't tell anybody at work anything until you have another job. It's none of their business, and your boss could make life miserable for you if it ever got back to her.
I very much agree. Many work places treat people poorly, and when they find out their people are looking at other options they treat them even worse. I have seen more than one person terminated on the spot when their managers found out they had interviewed elsewhere.
that's exactly what I'm trying to avoid. At will employment sucks.

You'll be okay buddy, have faith. Besides you're due for a break in your fortunes soon.


Freehold DM wrote:
Bitter Thorn wrote:
Celestial Healer wrote:
FHDM: Don't tell anybody at work anything until you have another job. It's none of their business, and your boss could make life miserable for you if it ever got back to her.
I very much agree. Many work places treat people poorly, and when they find out their people are looking at other options they treat them even worse. I have seen more than one person terminated on the spot when their managers found out they had interviewed elsewhere.
that's exactly what I'm trying to avoid. At will employment sucks.

Good luck!


Moorluck wrote:
Bitter Thorn wrote:
Moorluck wrote:
You interested in a Cormyr setting? ;)
What year in FR?
1363, 6 years before the Abraxus affair went down. Right now they're running out of Immersea and closely tied to the Wyvernspur family.

Cool

The Exchange

Grrr. Argh.


I think that Aberzombie finally made Moorluck join the horde...

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Loads shotgun...

81,351 to 81,400 of 238,681 << first < prev | 1623 | 1624 | 1625 | 1626 | 1627 | 1628 | 1629 | 1630 | 1631 | 1632 | 1633 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Off-Topic Discussions / Deep 6 FaWtL All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.