Deep 6 FaWtL


Off-Topic Discussions

64,101 to 64,150 of 238,376 << first < prev | 1278 | 1279 | 1280 | 1281 | 1282 | 1283 | 1284 | 1285 | 1286 | 1287 | 1288 | next > last >>

Pathfinder Adventure Subscriber

I don't think it's a good idea to be naked when nursing a cold virus.

Shadow Lodge

Heh.

But all this talk of heat and cold reminds me exactly why I like autumn. It's cool enough to require a light jacket when leaving the house, which is how I'm most comfortably dressed, but not cold enough to make me sluggish nor uncomfortable.

Somehow spring doesn't have that best weather middle road, it just jumps straight from winter-too-cold to summer-heat somewhere around mid-April. It's been this way wherever I've lived, regardless of being Texas, Arizona, or Tennessee.


Kajehase wrote:
I don't think it's a good idea to be naked when nursing a cold virus.

And what is wrong with naked nurses?


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Orthos wrote:
TriOmegaZero wrote:
Orthos wrote:
Aberzombie wrote:
But I'd still take godawful heat over winter any day of the week.
Amen.
You people are crazy.

No, just a reptile.

Cold makes me grouchy, lethargic, sleepy, and unproductive. I just end up sitting around in a blanket or heavy coat and shivering. Can't focus on writing, or reading, or whatever it is I'm trying to get done.

Heat may be uncomfortable, but it's never kept me from doing things. Just set up a fan and I'm usually good to go.

I'm just the opposite. Cold is quite comfortable to me. I can work through cold. If it's too cold, well, an extra sweater/blanket/coat will fix it. But there's no fixing heat. I visibly wilt when it gets hot. I just can't breathe.


Kajehase wrote:
lynora wrote:

*cough* *wheeze* *sniffle*

Yeah, from my perpective winter can't get here fast enough. I just hope it's not like last year where we never really had winter. I could really use a break from all the plant life that's trying to kill me with pollen. :/

And now I'm remind of the ad a Swedish drug store ran a few years ago with low-speed camera footage of various plants shooting out their various pollens, buds, and shoots to the sound of machine guns and heavy artillery fire. According to some of my friends it was the most accurate depiction of spring they'd ever seen.

That does sound quite accurate from my perspective. And of course the ragweed has to get in one last all-out assault before the weather turns cold. :/


Orthos wrote:
Cold makes me grouchy, lethargic, sleepy, and unproductive. I just end up sitting around in a blanket or heavy coat and shivering. Can't focus on writing, or reading, or whatever it is I'm trying to get done.

Add tendency for headaches and you described how I react to heat.


Pathfinder Adventure Subscriber
gran rey de los nekkid wrote:
Kajehase wrote:
I don't think it's a good idea to be naked when nursing a cold virus.
And what is wrong with naked nurses?

Well... for one thing, they might be of the wrong sex.

Shadow Lodge

lynora wrote:
If it's too cold, well, an extra sweater/blanket/coat will fix it. But there's no fixing heat.

Yeah this is what a lot of people who like cold tell me, but I just don't get it. It doesn't matter how many layers I pile on, until the heat gets turned up I'm useless when it's cold.

Back when I had my own apartment I never let the thermostat below 85*. (30* C) Maybe 80* if money was tight.


Orthos wrote:
TriOmegaZero wrote:
Orthos wrote:
Aberzombie wrote:
But I'd still take godawful heat over winter any day of the week.
Amen.
You people are crazy.

No, just a reptile.

Cold makes me grouchy, lethargic, sleepy, and unproductive. I just end up sitting around in a blanket or heavy coat and shivering. Can't focus on writing, or reading, or whatever it is I'm trying to get done.

Heat may be uncomfortable, but it's never kept me from doing things. Just set up a fan and I'm usually good to go.

I am the exact opposite

I get nothing done in high summer , just lay around letargic in a darkend room
and I get grou hy

in my early 20s august always was the time of myworst depressions

Liberty's Edge Contributor, RPG Superstar 2012

Treppa wrote:

Go, Woody!

The RSS thing is working a bit shakily, but it works. I don't have to look at any thread titles, not even to hide them. My blood pressure has dropped significantly.

Hooray! Sorry the RSS feed isn't working as well as you'd like, Treppa.


aeglos wrote:
Orthos wrote:
TriOmegaZero wrote:
Orthos wrote:
Aberzombie wrote:
But I'd still take godawful heat over winter any day of the week.
Amen.
You people are crazy.

No, just a reptile.

Cold makes me grouchy, lethargic, sleepy, and unproductive. I just end up sitting around in a blanket or heavy coat and shivering. Can't focus on writing, or reading, or whatever it is I'm trying to get done.

Heat may be uncomfortable, but it's never kept me from doing things. Just set up a fan and I'm usually good to go.

I am the exact opposite

I get nothing done in high summer , just lay around letargic in a darkend room
and I get grou hy

in my early 20s august always was the time of myworst depressions

Of course summer has the female clothing going for it, if we just could get women to wear their summer c loth and do sunbathing in the three nice seasons I would be all for skipping summer from now on

Liberty's Edge Contributor, RPG Superstar 2012

lynora wrote:
Orthos wrote:
TriOmegaZero wrote:
Orthos wrote:
Aberzombie wrote:
But I'd still take godawful heat over winter any day of the week.
Amen.
You people are crazy.

No, just a reptile.

Cold makes me grouchy, lethargic, sleepy, and unproductive. I just end up sitting around in a blanket or heavy coat and shivering. Can't focus on writing, or reading, or whatever it is I'm trying to get done.

Heat may be uncomfortable, but it's never kept me from doing things. Just set up a fan and I'm usually good to go.

I'm just the opposite. Cold is quite comfortable to me. I can work through cold. If it's too cold, well, an extra sweater/blanket/coat will fix it. But there's no fixing heat. I visibly wilt when it gets hot. I just can't breathe.

My thoughts as well. :)

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Adventure, Rulebook Subscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber
Orthos wrote:
Heat may be uncomfortable, but it's never kept me from doing things. Just set up a fan and I'm usually good to go.

I can always put on more clothes, but when it's hot, there is only so much I can take off. Especially when in uniform.

Orthos wrote:
But all this talk of heat and cold reminds me exactly why I like autumn. It's cool enough to require a light jacket when leaving the house, which is how I'm most comfortably dressed, but not cold enough to make me sluggish nor uncomfortable.

Now this I am totally in agreement with. I miss my Ohio Octobers. I can go out in jeans and a t-shirt and feel perfectly comfortable.


Kajehase wrote:
gran rey de los nekkid wrote:
Kajehase wrote:
I don't think it's a good idea to be naked when nursing a cold virus.
And what is wrong with naked nurses?
Well... for one thing, they might be of the wrong sex.

Picky, picky, picky...

Shadow Lodge

TriOmegaZero wrote:
Orthos wrote:
Heat may be uncomfortable, but it's never kept me from doing things. Just set up a fan and I'm usually good to go.
I can always put on more clothes, but when it's hot, there is only so much I can take off. Especially when in uniform.

That's what everyone who likes cold tells me. I still don't get it.


Orthos wrote:
Back when I had my own apartment I never let the thermostat below 85*. (30* C) Maybe 80* if money was tight.

Good lord, that's hot! I keep my heat on 65 in the the winter. In the summer I only turn the AC on if the high is going to top 90, and then it is set for 80. I much prefer cool weather to hot. Anything over 80 makes me sweaty and cranky. I don't even put a jacket on unless it is in the low 50s.

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Adventure, Rulebook Subscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber
Orthos wrote:
That's what everyone who likes cold tells me. I still don't get it.

I said I can. You're just not an iceman like me. I used to go out in the winter in shorts and a t-shirt to check the mail regardless of the snow on the ground. Rather refreshing.

gran rey de los mono wrote:
Good lord, that's hot! I keep my heat on 65 in the the winter. In the summer I only turn the AC on if the high is going to top 90, and then it is set for 80. I much prefer cool weather to hot. Anything over 80 makes me sweaty and cranky. I don't even put a jacket on unless it is in the low 50s.

Tell me about it. Our house is set at 72, maybe 75 in the hottest times. Any warmer than that and my wife can't eat without getting sick.


Fall is welcome to stay if it kills all the allergies when it gets here.

Unless this is a cold, in which case I apologize to the allergies but still want them to leave.

crawls back into bed

Shadow Lodge

gran rey de los mono wrote:
I keep my heat on 65 in the the winter.

I by contrast would be shivering at this. 80s is my comfort zone. 70s if I wear a light jacket, which I like doing so I'm comfortable with. Anything lower requires getting out the bigger coats, which I don't much care for wearing.

I'm the guy who turns on my floor heater in mid-summer because the AC's too strong in the office.


Turns on degree calculator.

65 F is my ideal temperature too.

Silver Crusade

Aberzombie wrote:
Mmmmm.... Fleshlight.

FIFY


Celestial Healer wrote:
Aberzombie wrote:
Mmmmm.... Fleshlight.
FIFY

AZ goes for a brainless diet?

Silver Crusade

Drejk wrote:

Naked drinking? Never happened to me before.

Question for all the American FAWTLies:

What are current minimal, average and expected payments in US per week (assuming no higher education or high resposibility jobs)? Is $250-300 very little, little, decent, good?

The median income in the US is somewhere around $27,000 annually. That works out to about $13/hour or a little over $500 per week before taxes. That can be more or less livable depending on where you are. In a big city, that might not go very far, but there are other areas where one can live on less than that comfortably.

Shadow Lodge

$10/hour - $400/week (about $340/week after taxes) was what I made out in AZ for the 3 years I had steady work; the temp jobs scattered throughout the two years following were between $9 and $12/hour, but less stable and rarely lasted longer than a month. Here in TN I work for the same hourly amount, but TN has no state taxes so it's closer to $350-360/week, provided I work a full week but get no overtime. (I usually work Saturdays, so it tends to be more.)

In both cases I got along well. In AZ I was living in a fairly cheap apartment with a roommate (about $850/month rent, not counting utilities), and here I'm living with my parents. I also didn't/don't have car insurance or payments to make. So it's doable, but it's not luxurious.


Drejk wrote:
Celestial Healer wrote:
Aberzombie wrote:
Mmmmm.... Fleshlight.
FIFY
AZ goes for a brainless diet?

He's on the Airhead diet?

Great. That will mean Zombie Farts. There are few things worse.

Silver Crusade

Drejk wrote:
Celestial Healer wrote:
Aberzombie wrote:
Mmmmm.... Fleshlight.
FIFY
AZ goes for a brainless diet?

NSFW-ish

Silver Crusade

Morning, all. What did I miss?


Orthos wrote:
lynora wrote:
If it's too cold, well, an extra sweater/blanket/coat will fix it. But there's no fixing heat.

Yeah this is what a lot of people who like cold tell me, but I just don't get it. It doesn't matter how many layers I pile on, until the heat gets turned up I'm useless when it's cold.

Back when I had my own apartment I never let the thermostat below 85*. (30* C) Maybe 80* if money was tight.

My husband would do that if I let him, but I can't function well or really at all if the temperature is over 70-75 degrees F. I will basically just sit there glassy-eyed like an arctic animal at the zoo in the summer.


<Stumbles back into thread, bleary-eyed from long but enjoyable weekend at Mechacon>

Morning? Already?

Need Coffee,....

Oh, morning all,...

<Stumbles back out for coffee>

;)


Emperor7 wrote:
Drejk wrote:
Celestial Healer wrote:
Aberzombie wrote:
Mmmmm.... Fleshlight.
FIFY
AZ goes for a brainless diet?

He's on the Airhead diet?

Great. That will mean Zombie Farts. There are few things worse.

That's, like, soooooooo gross! And mean! You should, like, feel bad and junk?

Shadow Lodge

lynora wrote:
Orthos wrote:
lynora wrote:
If it's too cold, well, an extra sweater/blanket/coat will fix it. But there's no fixing heat.

Yeah this is what a lot of people who like cold tell me, but I just don't get it. It doesn't matter how many layers I pile on, until the heat gets turned up I'm useless when it's cold.

Back when I had my own apartment I never let the thermostat below 85*. (30* C) Maybe 80* if money was tight.

My husband would do that if I let him, but I can't function well or really at all if the temperature is over 70-75 degrees F. I will basically just sit there glassy-eyed like an arctic animal at the zoo in the summer.

I could tolerate that but people who do tend to give me grief about wearing a jacket in the house =P

Shadow Lodge

Holy Knight of the Valley wrote:
Emperor7 wrote:
Drejk wrote:
Celestial Healer wrote:
Aberzombie wrote:
Mmmmm.... Fleshlight.
FIFY
AZ goes for a brainless diet?

He's on the Airhead diet?

Great. That will mean Zombie Farts. There are few things worse.

That's, like, soooooooo gross! And mean! You should, like, feel bad and junk?

oh god what have i done


Orthos wrote:
lynora wrote:
Orthos wrote:
lynora wrote:
If it's too cold, well, an extra sweater/blanket/coat will fix it. But there's no fixing heat.

Yeah this is what a lot of people who like cold tell me, but I just don't get it. It doesn't matter how many layers I pile on, until the heat gets turned up I'm useless when it's cold.

Back when I had my own apartment I never let the thermostat below 85*. (30* C) Maybe 80* if money was tight.

My husband would do that if I let him, but I can't function well or really at all if the temperature is over 70-75 degrees F. I will basically just sit there glassy-eyed like an arctic animal at the zoo in the summer.
I could tolerate that but people who do tend to give me grief about wearing a jacket in the house =P

Well, duh! They wouldn't, like, do that if you, like, accessorized!

Silver Crusade

Nice day yesterday. My bread came out nicely. I went to my FLGS and picked up some cheap used 2e Ravenloft books. I love their selection of used RPG books.


Orthos wrote:
In both cases I got along well. In AZ I was living in a fairly cheap apartment with a roommate (about $850/month rent, not counting utilities), and here I'm living with my parents. I also didn't/don't have car insurance or payments to make. So it's doable, but it's not luxurious.

$850 for a cheap apartment? Mine is half that, and it isn't the cheapest around. Of course most of the cheaper ones are efficiencies or are really scuzzy, while mine is a two-bedroom, 1-1/2 bath, 2-story townhome with about 1000 sq ft of space. I quite like it.

Shadow Lodge

gran rey de los mono wrote:
Orthos wrote:
In both cases I got along well. In AZ I was living in a fairly cheap apartment with a roommate (about $850/month rent, not counting utilities), and here I'm living with my parents. I also didn't/don't have car insurance or payments to make. So it's doable, but it's not luxurious.
$850 for a cheap apartment? Mine is half that, and it isn't the cheapest around. Of course most of the cheaper ones are efficiencies or are really scuzzy, while mine is a two-bedroom, 1-1/2 bath, 2-story townhome with about 1000 sq ft of space. I quite like it.

Where do you live? This place was also two-bedroom, 1-1/2 bath, but certainly not two-story, just a ground-floor apartment.

It was about two major streets south of downtown Tempe and ASU, so yeah compared to the stuff you'd see around Mill Avenue or University Drive yeah it was cheap. Those apartments tended to go for $1200/month at cheapest.

I imagine when I go hunting for a studio here in Chattanooga I'll be looking at much cheaper. I really do not require nor want a lot of space. =) I could get by in an apartment the size of my current bedroom, if a kitchenette and bathroom were tacked on.

Space OUTSIDE, however, is a whole new ball game. But finding a place out away from other people jacks the price up significantly, and thus is out of my league for a while.


Orthos wrote:
lynora wrote:
Orthos wrote:
lynora wrote:
If it's too cold, well, an extra sweater/blanket/coat will fix it. But there's no fixing heat.

Yeah this is what a lot of people who like cold tell me, but I just don't get it. It doesn't matter how many layers I pile on, until the heat gets turned up I'm useless when it's cold.

Back when I had my own apartment I never let the thermostat below 85*. (30* C) Maybe 80* if money was tight.

My husband would do that if I let him, but I can't function well or really at all if the temperature is over 70-75 degrees F. I will basically just sit there glassy-eyed like an arctic animal at the zoo in the summer.
I could tolerate that but people who do tend to give me grief about wearing a jacket in the house =P

Oh, there have been many battles fought over the thermostat at my house. But I won (sort of, left to my own devices I'd keep the thermostat at 65, but I had to make some concessions) by virtue of the fact that my asthma gets worse if I have to be in a too-warm environment,

I am long since immune to the whining about it being too cold, and no longer think that someone wearing a jacket inside is the least bit unusual. Basically the rule is that if I think it's comfortable then he needs a jacket. If he thinks it's comfortable we need to call maintenance because the AC is broken. :P

Shadow Lodge

lynora wrote:

Oh, there have been many battles fought over the thermostat at my house. But I won (sort of, left to my own devices I'd keep the thermostat at 65, but I had to make some concessions) by virtue of the fact that my asthma gets worse if I have to be in a too-warm environment,

I am long since immune to the whining about it being too cold, and no longer think that someone wearing a jacket inside is the least bit unusual. Basically the rule is that if I think it's comfortable then he needs a jacket. If he thinks it's comfortable we need to call maintenance because the AC is broken. :P

Yet another blessing of being single, I don't have this problem. =D

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Adventure, Rulebook Subscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber

I have awesome blankets to snuggle under.


Orthos wrote:
Where do you live? This place was also two-bedroom, 1-1/2 bath, but certainly not two-story, just a ground-floor apartment.

East Central Illinois, about 15 miles from Champaign-Urbana. The area I live in used to be the NCO housing before the Air Force base was closed.


Orthos wrote:
gran rey de los mono wrote:
Orthos wrote:
In both cases I got along well. In AZ I was living in a fairly cheap apartment with a roommate (about $850/month rent, not counting utilities), and here I'm living with my parents. I also didn't/don't have car insurance or payments to make. So it's doable, but it's not luxurious.
$850 for a cheap apartment? Mine is half that, and it isn't the cheapest around. Of course most of the cheaper ones are efficiencies or are really scuzzy, while mine is a two-bedroom, 1-1/2 bath, 2-story townhome with about 1000 sq ft of space. I quite like it.

Where do you live? This place was also two-bedroom, 1-1/2 bath, but certainly not two-story, just a ground-floor apartment.

It was about two major streets south of downtown Tempe and ASU, so yeah compared to the stuff you'd see around Mill Avenue or University Drive yeah it was cheap. Those apartments tended to go for $1200/month at cheapest.

Huh. That's not far from where I lived when I was in AZ. (McClintock & Broadway) when were you there? Maybe we were neighbors.

Shadow Lodge

Lindisty wrote:
Huh. That's not far from where I lived when I was in AZ. (McClintock & Broadway) when were you there? Maybe we were neighbors.

HAH! I was at that intersection every weekday morning, in front of the blue-and-white gas station across from the hot dog place. It was where I hopped on the McClintock/Hayden bus to get to work. Don't suppose you ever saw a guy sitting around with a laptop around 7-7:20 AM, or on that bus or the Broadway one? If so it was probably me.

I lived at Priest & University from 04-06, then Rural & Southern from 06-07, then halfway between Priest & Broadway and Mill & Broadway from 07-11.


I think I have a chest cold. I need more blankets when I sleep.


Orthos wrote:
Lindisty wrote:
Huh. That's not far from where I lived when I was in AZ. (McClintock & Broadway) when were you there? Maybe we were neighbors.

HAH! I was at that intersection every morning, in front of the blue-and-white gas station across from the hot dog place. It was where I hopped on the McClintock/Hayden bus to get to work. Don't suppose you ever saw a guy sitting around with a laptop around 7-7:20 AM, or on that bus or the Broadway one? If so it was probably me.

I lived at Priest & University from 04-06, then Rural & Southern from 06-07, then halfway between Priest & Broadway and Mill & Broadway from 07-11.

Ah. I predated you by several years. I was there from 1999-2002, when I worked at ASU.

Shadow Lodge

Lindisty wrote:
Orthos wrote:
Lindisty wrote:
Huh. That's not far from where I lived when I was in AZ. (McClintock & Broadway) when were you there? Maybe we were neighbors.

HAH! I was at that intersection every morning, in front of the blue-and-white gas station across from the hot dog place. It was where I hopped on the McClintock/Hayden bus to get to work. Don't suppose you ever saw a guy sitting around with a laptop around 7-7:20 AM, or on that bus or the Broadway one? If so it was probably me.

I lived at Priest & University from 04-06, then Rural & Southern from 06-07, then halfway between Priest & Broadway and Mill & Broadway from 07-11.

Ah. I predated you by several years. I was there from 1999-2002, when I worked at ASU.

Heh. Yeah, I didn't graduate from HS until 03. Moved out that summer, moved to TN the summer of 04, then back in spring of 05.


I don't like it too hot or too cold.


Also tired from staying up to watch replay of formula 1 race.

Shadow Lodge

Emperor7 wrote:
Drejk wrote:
Celestial Healer wrote:
Aberzombie wrote:
Mmmmm.... Fleshlight.
FIFY
AZ goes for a brainless diet?

He's on the Airhead diet?

Great. That will mean Zombie Farts. There are few things worse.

pfft

Scarab Sages

Mrgh.


What gave me that headache? Will there be sudden weather change this weekend? :/

64,101 to 64,150 of 238,376 << first < prev | 1278 | 1279 | 1280 | 1281 | 1282 | 1283 | 1284 | 1285 | 1286 | 1287 | 1288 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Off-Topic Discussions / Deep 6 FaWtL All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.