Deep 6 FaWtL


Off-Topic Discussions

60,451 to 60,500 of 243,425 << first < prev | 1205 | 1206 | 1207 | 1208 | 1209 | 1210 | 1211 | 1212 | 1213 | 1214 | 1215 | next > last >>

Kajehase wrote:

My youngest brother's first taste of alcohol was when we were packing to travel home from a house-swap with a family in Bavaria. One of my parents had poured the last few centiliters from a bottle of gin into an empty coke-bottle, and my brother took a swig, thinking it was water. Yes, the result was indeed hilarious.

That was, incidentally, the same vacation he nearly threw up on what may have been the lead actor in Kommisar Rex (little help here, Aeglos, German police show which would have filmed at least one scene in the Englischer Garden around 1996 or 97?) after having been goaded into eating a package of salt by my other brother. He really had no luck with eating stuff that holiday.

it was a crime show with a police dog ( the inspector rex from the titel) and his human partner.

I think it was set in munich.

did he tried to puke on the dog or the human?

Scarab Sages

nekkid bathroom dripping? That doesn't sound good.

Scarab Sages

Ok, I'm done for now. Gotta go. Later folks.


aeglos wrote:
Kajehase wrote:

My youngest brother's first taste of alcohol was when we were packing to travel home from a house-swap with a family in Bavaria. One of my parents had poured the last few centiliters from a bottle of gin into an empty coke-bottle, and my brother took a swig, thinking it was water. Yes, the result was indeed hilarious.

That was, incidentally, the same vacation he nearly threw up on what may have been the lead actor in Kommisar Rex (little help here, Aeglos, German police show which would have filmed at least one scene in the Englischer Garden around 1996 or 97?) after having been goaded into eating a package of salt by my other brother. He really had no luck with eating stuff that holiday.

it was a crime show with a police dog ( the inspector rex from the titel) and his human partner.

I think it was set in munich.

did he tried to puke on the dog or the human?

He said lead actor - it obviously means Rex. I vaguely remember there were some cop running around the dog and was changed to another cop somewhere during the series, or something. Don't recall details.


Emperor7 wrote:

Hello. Welcome to the Psychiatric Hotline

If you are obsessive-compulsive, please press 1 repeatedly.
...

If you are co-dependent, please ask someone to press 2.

If you have multiple personalities, please press 3, 4, 5, and 6.

...If you are paranoid-delusional, we know who you are and what you want. Just stay on the line so we can trace the call.

If you are schizophrenic, listen carefully and a little voice will tell you which number to press.

If you are manic-depressive, it doesn't matter which number you press. No one will answer.

If you are anxious, just start pressing numbers at random.

If you are phobic, don't press anything.

If you are anal retentive, please hold

*Presses 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, the star button, then pound. adds pounding my head on my desk for good measure*


Pathfinder Adventure Subscriber
aeglos wrote:
Kajehase wrote:

My youngest brother's first taste of alcohol was when we were packing to travel home from a house-swap with a family in Bavaria. One of my parents had poured the last few centiliters from a bottle of gin into an empty coke-bottle, and my brother took a swig, thinking it was water. Yes, the result was indeed hilarious.

That was, incidentally, the same vacation he nearly threw up on what may have been the lead actor in Kommisar Rex (little help here, Aeglos, German police show which would have filmed at least one scene in the Englischer Garden around 1996 or 97?) after having been goaded into eating a package of salt by my other brother. He really had no luck with eating stuff that holiday.

it was a crime show with a police dog (the inspector rex from the titel) and his human partner.

I think it was set in munich.

did he tried to puke on the dog or the human?

The human. Sorry Drejk, but no matter how many tricks a dog can do, it's still no actor.

And I say that as someone who's got a whole 40 hours worth of drama lessons on his CV! ;)


Pathfinder Adventure Subscriber

And perhaps drinking a 75 cl bottle of hard cider after working 7 hours in the sun was a bad idea...

Silver Crusade

3 people marked this as a favorite.

My phone needs to stop ringing long enough to EAT MY DAMN BACON.

Silver Crusade

These calls are getting between a man and his bacon.


Heresy!


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Celestial Healer wrote:
My phone needs to stop ringing long enough to EAT MY DAMN BACON.

...Your phone wants to eat your bacon?

Silver Crusade

Bacon has been consumed.

By me. Not by my phone.


Pathfinder Adventure Subscriber
Aberzombie wrote:
Kajehase wrote:

My youngest brother's first taste of alcohol was when we were packing to travel home from a house-swap with a family in Bavaria. One of my parents had poured the last few centiliters from a bottle of gin into an empty coke-bottle, and my brother took a swig, thinking it was water. Yes, the result was indeed hilarious.

That was, incidentally, the same vacation he nearly threw up on what may have been the lead actor in Kommisar Rex (little help here, Aeglos, German police show which would have filmed at least one scene in the Englischer Garden around 1996 or 97?) after having been goaded into eating a package of salt by my other brother. He really had no luck with eating stuff that holiday.

Your childhood sound somewhat similar to my own with regard to the multiple brothers getting each other to do crazy stuff resulting in hilarity.

Unless you're the oldest and have to be the responsible one. *grumbles*

What me, make them do something stupid? Never, ma. ;)


Pathfinder Adventure Subscriber

I want to see a bacon-eating phone now. If we can get that, surely we won't have to worry about malicious AIs?


Until they decide they want all the bacon.


Scintillae wrote:
Celestial Healer wrote:
My phone needs to stop ringing long enough to EAT MY DAMN BACON.
...Your phone wants to eat your bacon?

Cruller....!


That could be an interesting alternative to a phone contract, though. Give it a strip of bacon each week for unlimited wifi.

Liberty's Edge Contributor, RPG Superstar 2012

Someone said something about free bacon?


Mmmmm, bacon.

Treppa hungers!


Pathfinder Adventure Subscriber

I haz bacon.

Silver Crusade

Mmhmm. It was delicious.


No, stop with your bacon talk. I just had lunch and now I'm hungry again.


Aberzombie wrote:
So, my back up plan is Houston.

DO EEEEET!


I don't recall where or who suggested this band but I could bless for guiding me to them. I am a great fan of Celtic and Pagan music.


Pathfinder Adventure Subscriber
Houston Chamber of Gamers wrote:
Aberzombie wrote:
So, my back up plan is Houston.

DO EEEEET!

Why not visit Sweden? See its famous telephone network?

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Adventure, Rulebook Subscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber

Nice avatar swap silverhair.


I think I linked to them here. If I find something else I miht direct you to it... Or torment you all with it :P

Sovereign Court

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Rulebook Subscriber
silverhair2008 wrote:
I don't recall where or who suggested this band but I could bless for guiding me to them. I am a great fan of Celtic and Pagan music.

Who is this stranger in our...oh! Hey! You changed avatars! Is that allowed?!?

Liberty's Edge Contributor, RPG Superstar 2012

Drejk wrote:
I think I linked to them here. If I find something else I miht direct you to it... Or torment you all with it :P

Thanks! I'll have to check them out.

Silver Crusade

Jess Door wrote:
silverhair2008 wrote:
I don't recall where or who suggested this band but I could bless for guiding me to them. I am a great fan of Celtic and Pagan music.
Who is this stranger in our...oh! Hey! You changed avatars! Is that allowed?!?

I've been using the same avatar since 2006. Some things simply cannot be improved upon.


Treppa wrote:

Mmmmm, bacon.

Treppa hungers!

would you like to grab some lunch?


Yeah, he looks almost as old as you do!

Spoiler:
j/k
TriOmegaZero wrote:
Nice avatar swap silverhair.

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure, Rulebook Subscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber

*smites Freehold*

Celestial Healer wrote:
Jess Door wrote:
silverhair2008 wrote:
I don't recall where or who suggested this band but I could bless for guiding me to them. I am a great fan of Celtic and Pagan music.
Who is this stranger in our...oh! Hey! You changed avatars! Is that allowed?!?
I've been using the same avatar since 2006. Some things simply cannot be improved upon.

*fistbump*


Celestial Healer wrote:
Jess Door wrote:
silverhair2008 wrote:
I don't recall where or who suggested this band but I could bless for guiding me to them. I am a great fan of Celtic and Pagan music.
Who is this stranger in our...oh! Hey! You changed avatars! Is that allowed?!?
I've been using the same avatar since 2006. Some things simply cannot be improved upon.

Mine's just a placeholder until the one I want finally gets added. Been waiting since 2009. ('Course for most of 2010 I wasn't active so...)


@Freehold DM,
How would you have any idea what I look like? Oh the time I had my hair cut and sent to Locks of Love.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Kajehase wrote:
And perhaps drinking a 75 cl bottle of hard cider after working 7 hours in the sun was a bad idea...

Drinking Hard Cider is NEVER a bad idea!

Although, I am willing to admit that maybe there might be times for it that are better than others,...

But It's NEVER a bad idea!


TREPPA-

Color me late to the party (As usual) ;(

I am sorry to hear about your shop. WHat sort of shop was it?

Best wishes. Moving is my least favorite activity (I am a pack rat) And while moving to a new place can be fun, it is also scary. (for me at least.)

Positive prayers!

Liberty's Edge Contributor, RPG Superstar 2012

Treppa wrote:
aeglos wrote:
Treppa wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
Wow. Quiet night. Wonder what everyone's up to?
Figuring out what few things are must-keeps and preparing to sell the rest.
Treppa, the sound of that worries me. are you ok ?

We will be. Selling everything I can to pay creditors, dumping the store, and starting over. Puffin and I will be heading to the northwest, where the job (and water) situations are much better than here.

Things could be worse. We have each other and the dogs and you guys. <3

I missed this (thanks for the heads-up, Ragadolf!). Best of luck with your new endeavors.

More than likely, I'll see you at next year's PaizoCon, then. :)

Liberty's Edge

Just found out I'm getting kicked out of my apartment a week earlier than the housing office originally told me. I need to pack all of my belongings and move over the course of today and tomorrow, or risk incurring a fine of several hundred dollars. On top of that, one of my best friends found that she suddenly has to move across the country. When it rains, it sure as hell f%!&ing rains.


Treppa, sorry to hear the shop didn't work out. :(

Good luck getting everything sold and best wishes on the move and all that.

Liberty's Edge Contributor, RPG Superstar 2012

I'm sorry you've had this series of misfortunes, Mr. Shiny. I hope things get better for you soon.


The Eldritch Mr. Shiny wrote:
Just found out I'm getting kicked out of my apartment a week earlier than the housing office originally told me. I need to pack all of my belongings and move over the course of today and tomorrow, or risk incurring a fine of several hundred dollars. On top of that, one of my best friends found that she suddenly has to move across the country. When it rains, it sure as hell f!%$ing rains.

Sorry you're having more troubles with the housing office from hell. :(


The Eldritch Mr. Shiny wrote:
Just found out I'm getting kicked out of my apartment a week earlier than the housing office originally told me. I need to pack all of my belongings and move over the course of today and tomorrow, or risk incurring a fine of several hundred dollars. On top of that, one of my best friends found that she suddenly has to move across the country. When it rains, it sure as hell f~@#ing rains.

Why did they even accept your application if they did not have space.

Scarab Sages

The Eldritch Mr. Shiny wrote:
Just found out I'm getting kicked out of my apartment a week earlier than the housing office originally told me. I need to pack all of my belongings and move over the course of today and tomorrow, or risk incurring a fine of several hundred dollars. On top of that, one of my best friends found that she suddenly has to move across the country. When it rains, it sure as hell f&+~ing rains.

Sorry to hear that Shiny. Positive waves, dude.

Silver Crusade

2 people marked this as a favorite.

When I was in college, room and board was about $8000 / year (it's probably a lot more now). My junior year I moved into an apartment with friends and paid $325 / month as my share of the rent plus about $50 for utilities. Student housing is rarely worth it.

Scarab Sages

Mmmmm....bacon burger and fries.


Celestial Healer wrote:
When I was in college, room and board was about $8000 / year (it's probably a lot more now). My junior year I moved into an apartment with friends and paid $325 / month as my share of the rent plus about $50 for utilities. Student housing is rarely worth it.

Similar here. The housing company we went through was charging four students about $700/month apiece for a two-bed two-bath apartment that the complex it was in rented out for $1000/month. And NO, that did NOT include utilities or internet.

Took me a year (two if you count the "moved back home with family due to running out of money" interlude) to get roommates interested in moving out to our own cheaper place, but we managed.

Scarab Sages

5 people marked this as a favorite.

I've come to believe that, for the most part, many aspects of college seem to be "how much can we rip off our students and/or their parents".

Maybe I'm wrong, though. It's been over a decade since I've had to deal directly with that crap.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
TriOmegaZero wrote:

*smites Freehold*

Celestial Healer wrote:
Jess Door wrote:
silverhair2008 wrote:
I don't recall where or who suggested this band but I could bless for guiding me to them. I am a great fan of Celtic and Pagan music.
Who is this stranger in our...oh! Hey! You changed avatars! Is that allowed?!?
I've been using the same avatar since 2006. Some things simply cannot be improved upon.
*fistbump*

augh!

chows down on Chinese food to heal

Thank god I was attacked during my lunch break!

Scarab Sages

Speaking of avatar pics. This is my 3rd. Every so often I find myself compelled to change, but only when I can get a hold of a new one and be the first to use it.

60,451 to 60,500 of 243,425 << first < prev | 1205 | 1206 | 1207 | 1208 | 1209 | 1210 | 1211 | 1212 | 1213 | 1214 | 1215 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Off-Topic Discussions / Deep 6 FaWtL All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.