Deep 6 FaWtL


Off-Topic Discussions

501 to 550 of 239,936 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>
Scarab Sages

Nekkid address giving for TotP!


taig wrote:

I had somehow managed to block this memory:

The hiring manager at the recruiting company suggested I write a thank you letter for the interview. Fair enough, I thought, so I wrote one up in my usual style (basically not assuming I was going to get the job and genuinely appreciative of how at ease the team made me feel during the process). I talked to the other manager who told me I did my thank you note wrong, so the first guy was going to send me a template to work from. Here is an idea: If you want people to follow your template, don't waste their time by not providing it in the first place.

Oh, templates are a wonderful idea. Because then every single note the hiring manager receives looks identical, making it a meaningful gesture and a genuine display of the candidate's expressive ability. Right.

Recruiters can be a pain in the butt for both parties, but a good one makes the process smooth. I hope yours improves, Taig, or at least doesn't impact your job chances.

Scarab Sages

gazes at Treppa's head

Brainnnnnsssss......?


Moorluck wrote:
Damn, I can't believe we missed the last day of #5. Oh well, Riley Bug's Birthday was a blast and in the grand scheme of things more important. So how is everyone this wonderful day?

Don't blame yourselves. It was very quick at the end. Nobody really got the chance to say goodbye. And you were spending time with your kids. Fawtlhouse Five would have wanted it that way.

hugs


Aberzombie wrote:

gazes at Treppa's head

Brainnnnnsssss......?

stares vacantly and drools

The Exchange

Here we are, Born to be kings,
We're the princes of the universe,
Here we belong, Fighting to survive,
In a world with the darkest powers,
And here we are, We're the princes of the universe,
Here we belong, Fighting for survival,
We've come to be the rulers of your world,
I am immortal, I have inside me blood of kings, (Yeah!)
I have no rival, No man can be my equal,
Take me to the future of your world,
Born to be kings, Princes of the universe,
Fighting and free, Got your world in my hand,
I'm here for your love and I'll make my stand,
We were born to be princes of the universe,
No man could understand. My power is in my own hand,
Ooh, Ooh, Ooh, Ooh, People talk about you,
People say you've had your day,
I'm a man that will go far,
Fly the moon and reach for the stars,
With my sword and head held high,
Got to pass the test first time - yeah,
I know that people talk about me I hear it every day,
But I can prove you worng cos I'm right first time,
Yeah. Yeah. Alright, Watch this man fly,
Bring on the girls,
Here We are. Born to be kings. We're the princes of
the universe. Here we belong. Born to be kings,
Princes of the universe. Fighting and free,
Got the world in my hands. I'm here for your love,
And I'll make my stand,
We were born to be princes of the universe.

Scarab Sages

Queen kicked ass. One of my favorite CDs is a two-disc collection of greatest hits.


Aberzombie wrote:
Queen kicked ass. One of my favorite CDs is a two-disc collection of greatest hits.

I have the three-disc collection of greatest hits /One-Upping.

Scarab Sages

Urizen wrote:
Aberzombie wrote:
Queen kicked ass. One of my favorite CDs is a two-disc collection of greatest hits.
I have the three-disc collection of greatest hits /One-Upping.

WHAT?!? DAMN THAT WOMAN!!!

shakes a virtual fist at the wife, and giver of the two-disc set as a gift

Liberty's Edge

Treppa wrote:
Aberzombie wrote:

gazes at Treppa's head

Brainnnnnsssss......?

stares vacantly and drools

Hold on, I got this.

*pokes Treppa in the back of the head until she reboots*

Dark Archive

Uggghhh, why can't my subscription get here quicker :(


Pathfinder Companion, Maps Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
Jeremy Mcgillan wrote:
Uggghhh, why can't my subscription get here quicker :(

Because you picked the slow shipping? ;)

Dark Archive

Justin Franklin wrote:
Jeremy Mcgillan wrote:
Uggghhh, why can't my subscription get here quicker :(
Because you picked the slow shipping? ;)

I had too. I subscribe to so bloody much I got save cash somewhere.


Pathfinder Companion, Maps Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

So should we blitz in the new thread?

Paizo Employee Customer Service & Community Manager

solnes:

Spoiler:
If you get a chance check your My Downloads for something new :)

Paizo Employee Customer Service & Community Manager

Jeremy Mcgillan wrote:
Uggghhh, why can't my subscription get here quicker :(

PDFs?

Dark Archive

Sara Marie wrote:
Jeremy Mcgillan wrote:
Uggghhh, why can't my subscription get here quicker :(
PDFs?

Pdf's are great but I hate reading novels and stuff on computer. I live for the hardcopy in my hands so I never read the pdf. I keep it for game convenience.


Pathfinder Companion, Maps Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
Jeremy Mcgillan wrote:
Sara Marie wrote:
Jeremy Mcgillan wrote:
Uggghhh, why can't my subscription get here quicker :(
PDFs?
Pdf's are great but I hate reading novels and stuff on computer. I live for the hardcopy in my hands so I never read the pdf. I keep it for game convenience.

Back to why I am looking at getting an iPad.

Shadow Lodge

Freehold DM wrote:
0gre wrote:
Anyone who admits to seeing this Star Whores 3d release when it comes out will have to turn in their geek card in shame.
Hey, the chance to see Star Wars on a big screen doesn't come up too often for me.

I can respect this... so pay for some other movie and sneak in ;)

Shadow Lodge

Aberzombie wrote:
The Spirit of FaWTL thread wrote:
FAWTL IS LIKE THE HIGHWAYMEN, WE'LL ALWAYS BE BACK!!
I was a highwayman. Along the coach roads I did ride

Good tune, I have the version from Johny Cash's show where they sing it together each doing a different refrain.

Dark Archive

Justin Franklin wrote:
Jeremy Mcgillan wrote:
Sara Marie wrote:
Jeremy Mcgillan wrote:
Uggghhh, why can't my subscription get here quicker :(
PDFs?
Pdf's are great but I hate reading novels and stuff on computer. I live for the hardcopy in my hands so I never read the pdf. I keep it for game convenience.
Back to why I am looking at getting an iPad.

Don't say ipad it gets Taig excited.


0gre wrote:
Anyone who admits to seeing this Star Whores 3d release when it comes out will have to turn in their geek card in shame.

Nuh-uh. I get to keep my geek card. I have an exception. He's seven. Trust me, it's not like I want to see this travesty again. Only worse. :(

The Exchange

Jeremy Mcgillan wrote:
Justin Franklin wrote:
Jeremy Mcgillan wrote:
Sara Marie wrote:
Jeremy Mcgillan wrote:
Uggghhh, why can't my subscription get here quicker :(
PDFs?
Pdf's are great but I hate reading novels and stuff on computer. I live for the hardcopy in my hands so I never read the pdf. I keep it for game convenience.
Back to why I am looking at getting an iPad.
Don't say ipad it gets Taig excited.

Not as excited as Sharoth.


Moorluck wrote:
Damn, I can't believe we missed the last day of #5. Oh well, Riley Bug's Birthday was a blast and in the grand scheme of things more important. So how is everyone this wonderful day?

Glad Riley-bug had a good birthday. Give him an extra hug from me. :)

Liberty's Edge

Sara Marie wrote:

solnes:

** spoiler omitted **

Whoa... how'd you do that? ;)


Pathfinder Companion, Maps Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
Ashe Ravenheart wrote:
Sara Marie wrote:

solnes:

** spoiler omitted **

Whoa... how'd you do that? ;)

It was another this is why Paizo is awesome moment.

Dark Archive

Crimson Jester wrote:
Jeremy Mcgillan wrote:
Justin Franklin wrote:
Jeremy Mcgillan wrote:
Sara Marie wrote:
Jeremy Mcgillan wrote:
Uggghhh, why can't my subscription get here quicker :(
PDFs?
Pdf's are great but I hate reading novels and stuff on computer. I live for the hardcopy in my hands so I never read the pdf. I keep it for game convenience.
Back to why I am looking at getting an iPad.
Don't say ipad it gets Taig excited.
Not as excited as Sharoth.

Didn't he shower with his ipad?

RPG Superstar 2012

Jeremy Mcgillan wrote:
Justin Franklin wrote:
Jeremy Mcgillan wrote:
Sara Marie wrote:
Jeremy Mcgillan wrote:
Uggghhh, why can't my subscription get here quicker :(
PDFs?
Pdf's are great but I hate reading novels and stuff on computer. I live for the hardcopy in my hands so I never read the pdf. I keep it for game convenience.
Back to why I am looking at getting an iPad.
Don't say ipad it gets Taig excited.

Not anymore. Unless you put the number 2 behind iPad.

Now if you'll excuse me...

RPG Superstar 2012

Jeremy Mcgillan wrote:
Crimson Jester wrote:
Jeremy Mcgillan wrote:
Justin Franklin wrote:
Jeremy Mcgillan wrote:
Sara Marie wrote:
Jeremy Mcgillan wrote:
Uggghhh, why can't my subscription get here quicker :(
PDFs?
Pdf's are great but I hate reading novels and stuff on computer. I live for the hardcopy in my hands so I never read the pdf. I keep it for game convenience.
Back to why I am looking at getting an iPad.
Don't say ipad it gets Taig excited.
Not as excited as Sharoth.
Didn't he shower with his ipad?

WTF? Sharoth showered with my iPad?!!

The Exchange

taig wrote:
Jeremy Mcgillan wrote:
Crimson Jester wrote:
Jeremy Mcgillan wrote:
Justin Franklin wrote:
Jeremy Mcgillan wrote:
Sara Marie wrote:
Jeremy Mcgillan wrote:
Uggghhh, why can't my subscription get here quicker :(
PDFs?
Pdf's are great but I hate reading novels and stuff on computer. I live for the hardcopy in my hands so I never read the pdf. I keep it for game convenience.
Back to why I am looking at getting an iPad.
Don't say ipad it gets Taig excited.
Not as excited as Sharoth.
Didn't he shower with his ipad?
WTF? Sharoth showered with my iPad?!!

I am sorry you had to find out this way.


Summary of today:

IEP meetings suck.
Yep, sheep's eyeballs are just as gross to dissect now as they were in seventh grade. Also, it really wouldn't kill them to sharpen the dissection scissors.
My lab partner is slower than molasses in the arctic.
My ears still hurt from the gorram tuning fork cause tuning fork + meniere's = oh, look I'm on the floor and my ear feels like it's going to explode.
At least that's over with now. Kidlet is playing video games for a bit, and I ate a jar of homemade applesauce which was delicious.
Debating the wisdom of taking a nap even though I know I really, really shouldn't.


taig wrote:
Jeremy Mcgillan wrote:
Crimson Jester wrote:
Jeremy Mcgillan wrote:
Justin Franklin wrote:
Jeremy Mcgillan wrote:
Sara Marie wrote:
Jeremy Mcgillan wrote:
Uggghhh, why can't my subscription get here quicker :(
PDFs?
Pdf's are great but I hate reading novels and stuff on computer. I live for the hardcopy in my hands so I never read the pdf. I keep it for game convenience.
Back to why I am looking at getting an iPad.
Don't say ipad it gets Taig excited.
Not as excited as Sharoth.
Didn't he shower with his ipad?
WTF? Sharoth showered with my iPad?!!

That can't have been good for it... :)

RPG Superstar 2012

I'll blame the malfunctioning for some of my posts.


lynora wrote:
0gre wrote:
Anyone who admits to seeing this Star Whores 3d release when it comes out will have to turn in their geek card in shame.
Nuh-uh. I get to keep my geek card. I have an exception. He's seven. Trust me, it's not like I want to see this travesty again. Only worse. :(

WHOA- I thought they were releasing the *ORIGINAL* trilogy first!! I take that back- I ain't watching the 2 minute menace in 3d!!!!


taig wrote:
Jeremy Mcgillan wrote:
Justin Franklin wrote:
Jeremy Mcgillan wrote:
Sara Marie wrote:
Jeremy Mcgillan wrote:
Uggghhh, why can't my subscription get here quicker :(
PDFs?
Pdf's are great but I hate reading novels and stuff on computer. I live for the hardcopy in my hands so I never read the pdf. I keep it for game convenience.
Back to why I am looking at getting an iPad.
Don't say ipad it gets Taig excited.

Not anymore. Unless you put the number 2 behind iPad.

Now if you'll excuse me...

Wow. That's as strange a fetish as I've ever heard of.

The Exchange

lynora wrote:

Summary of today:

IEP meetings suck.

Amen sister.

RPG Superstar 2012

Freehold DM wrote:
lynora wrote:
0gre wrote:
Anyone who admits to seeing this Star Whores 3d release when it comes out will have to turn in their geek card in shame.
Nuh-uh. I get to keep my geek card. I have an exception. He's seven. Trust me, it's not like I want to see this travesty again. Only worse. :(
WHOA- I thought they were releasing the *ORIGINAL* trilogy first!! I take that back- I ain't watching the 2 minute menace in 3d!!!!

But...the wooden acting of Jake Lloyd...in 3-D!!!

Jar-Jar Binks...in 3-D!!!!!

Really, it's not like we're talking about Serenity in 3-D.


taig wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
lynora wrote:
0gre wrote:
Anyone who admits to seeing this Star Whores 3d release when it comes out will have to turn in their geek card in shame.
Nuh-uh. I get to keep my geek card. I have an exception. He's seven. Trust me, it's not like I want to see this travesty again. Only worse. :(
WHOA- I thought they were releasing the *ORIGINAL* trilogy first!! I take that back- I ain't watching the 2 minute menace in 3d!!!!

But...the wooden acting of Jake Lloyd...in 3-D!!!

Jar-Jar Binks...in 3-D!!!!!

Really, it's not like we're talking about Serenity in 3-D.

I would love for Serenity to be released in 3-D. I would organize a party for the Browncoats and then invite them to enjoy an unusually large, ticking cake whilst I take a very important phone call in the next county.

RPG Superstar 2012

Freehold DM wrote:
taig wrote:
Jeremy Mcgillan wrote:
Justin Franklin wrote:
Jeremy Mcgillan wrote:
Sara Marie wrote:
Jeremy Mcgillan wrote:
Uggghhh, why can't my subscription get here quicker :(
PDFs?
Pdf's are great but I hate reading novels and stuff on computer. I live for the hardcopy in my hands so I never read the pdf. I keep it for game convenience.
Back to why I am looking at getting an iPad.
Don't say ipad it gets Taig excited.

Not anymore. Unless you put the number 2 behind iPad.

Now if you'll excuse me...

Wow. That's as strange a fetish as I've ever heard of.

If loving my iPad is wrong, I don't want to be right.

RPG Superstar 2012

Freehold DM wrote:
taig wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
lynora wrote:
0gre wrote:
Anyone who admits to seeing this Star Whores 3d release when it comes out will have to turn in their geek card in shame.
Nuh-uh. I get to keep my geek card. I have an exception. He's seven. Trust me, it's not like I want to see this travesty again. Only worse. :(
WHOA- I thought they were releasing the *ORIGINAL* trilogy first!! I take that back- I ain't watching the 2 minute menace in 3d!!!!

But...the wooden acting of Jake Lloyd...in 3-D!!!

Jar-Jar Binks...in 3-D!!!!!

Really, it's not like we're talking about Serenity in 3-D.

I would love for Serenity to be released in 3-D. I would organize a party for the Browncoats and then invite them to enjoy an unusually large, ticking cake whilst I take a very important phone call in the next county.

As long as it's not a cake full of ticks, I'm OK with that.


taig wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
taig wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
lynora wrote:
0gre wrote:
Anyone who admits to seeing this Star Whores 3d release when it comes out will have to turn in their geek card in shame.
Nuh-uh. I get to keep my geek card. I have an exception. He's seven. Trust me, it's not like I want to see this travesty again. Only worse. :(
WHOA- I thought they were releasing the *ORIGINAL* trilogy first!! I take that back- I ain't watching the 2 minute menace in 3d!!!!

But...the wooden acting of Jake Lloyd...in 3-D!!!

Jar-Jar Binks...in 3-D!!!!!

Really, it's not like we're talking about Serenity in 3-D.

I would love for Serenity to be released in 3-D. I would organize a party for the Browncoats and then invite them to enjoy an unusually large, ticking cake whilst I take a very important phone call in the next county.
As long as it's not a cake full of ticks, I'm OK with that.

A cake full of ticks? That's a GREAT idea!

Liberty's Edge Contributor, RPG Superstar 2012

Freehold DM wrote:
taig wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
taig wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
lynora wrote:
0gre wrote:
Anyone who admits to seeing this Star Whores 3d release when it comes out will have to turn in their geek card in shame.
Nuh-uh. I get to keep my geek card. I have an exception. He's seven. Trust me, it's not like I want to see this travesty again. Only worse. :(
WHOA- I thought they were releasing the *ORIGINAL* trilogy first!! I take that back- I ain't watching the 2 minute menace in 3d!!!!

But...the wooden acting of Jake Lloyd...in 3-D!!!

Jar-Jar Binks...in 3-D!!!!!

Really, it's not like we're talking about Serenity in 3-D.

I would love for Serenity to be released in 3-D. I would organize a party for the Browncoats and then invite them to enjoy an unusually large, ticking cake whilst I take a very important phone call in the next county.
As long as it's not a cake full of ticks, I'm OK with that.
A cake full of ticks? That's a GREAT idea!

Damn it!

The Exchange

Mairkurion {tm} wrote:
Pics of the Bug birthday?

We'll get some pics up after we can afford to get him a present, after we get those taxes back it seems.

The Exchange

Freehold DM wrote:
taig wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
taig wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
lynora wrote:
0gre wrote:
Anyone who admits to seeing this Star Whores 3d release when it comes out will have to turn in their geek card in shame.
Nuh-uh. I get to keep my geek card. I have an exception. He's seven. Trust me, it's not like I want to see this travesty again. Only worse. :(
WHOA- I thought they were releasing the *ORIGINAL* trilogy first!! I take that back- I ain't watching the 2 minute menace in 3d!!!!

But...the wooden acting of Jake Lloyd...in 3-D!!!

Jar-Jar Binks...in 3-D!!!!!

Really, it's not like we're talking about Serenity in 3-D.

I would love for Serenity to be released in 3-D. I would organize a party for the Browncoats and then invite them to enjoy an unusually large, ticking cake whilst I take a very important phone call in the next county.
As long as it's not a cake full of ticks, I'm OK with that.
A cake full of ticks? That's a GREAT idea!

Yes it is.

~Goes to bake Tick cakes for customers of rival pest control companies.~

The Exchange

Freehold DM wrote:
taig wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
lynora wrote:
0gre wrote:
Anyone who admits to seeing this Star Whores 3d release when it comes out will have to turn in their geek card in shame.
Nuh-uh. I get to keep my geek card. I have an exception. He's seven. Trust me, it's not like I want to see this travesty again. Only worse. :(
WHOA- I thought they were releasing the *ORIGINAL* trilogy first!! I take that back- I ain't watching the 2 minute menace in 3d!!!!

But...the wooden acting of Jake Lloyd...in 3-D!!!

Jar-Jar Binks...in 3-D!!!!!

Really, it's not like we're talking about Serenity in 3-D.

I would love for Serenity to be released in 3-D. I would organize a party for the Browncoats and then invite them to enjoy an unusually large, ticking cake whilst I take a very important phone call in the next county.

BROWNCOATS FOREVER!!!!

Hmmm.... I'm pondering what would happen if the Alliance from Serenity battled the Galactic Empire.


Moorluck wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
taig wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
lynora wrote:
0gre wrote:
Anyone who admits to seeing this Star Whores 3d release when it comes out will have to turn in their geek card in shame.
Nuh-uh. I get to keep my geek card. I have an exception. He's seven. Trust me, it's not like I want to see this travesty again. Only worse. :(
WHOA- I thought they were releasing the *ORIGINAL* trilogy first!! I take that back- I ain't watching the 2 minute menace in 3d!!!!

But...the wooden acting of Jake Lloyd...in 3-D!!!

Jar-Jar Binks...in 3-D!!!!!

Really, it's not like we're talking about Serenity in 3-D.

I would love for Serenity to be released in 3-D. I would organize a party for the Browncoats and then invite them to enjoy an unusually large, ticking cake whilst I take a very important phone call in the next county.

BROWNCOATS FOREVER!!!!

Hmmm.... I'm pondering what would happen if the Alliance from Serenity battled the Galactic Empire.

What kind of ship was the Serenity again? I'm just wondering if I can use a beam saber to clean out the bridge whilst piloting a mobile suit.

Dark Archive Bella Sara Charter Superscriber

lynora wrote:

Summary of today:

IEP meetings suck.

Yes, yes they do. I'm lucky my wife is a special education attorney - the district lives in absolute terror of her. She shot out a nastygram a few weeks ago, and got a call back from the district in less than 24 hours. And, on a weekend no less...


*blink*

Evening all

Crimson Jester wrote:
lynora wrote:

Summary of today:

IEP meetings suck.

Amen sister.

Double plus 1

Friggin' bureaucrats


Sebastian wrote:
lynora wrote:

Summary of today:

IEP meetings suck.

Yes, yes they do. I'm lucky my wife is a special education attorney - the district lives in absolute terror of her. She shot out a nastygram a few weeks ago, and got a call back from the district in less than 24 hours. And, on a weekend no less...

That IS impressive. :)

Liberty's Edge

Hey all - how goes?

501 to 550 of 239,936 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Off-Topic Discussions / Deep 6 FaWtL All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.