[Super Genius Games] Help Plan 2011 for SGG!


Product Discussion

151 to 200 of 223 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Scarab Sages RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32

Owen K. C. Stephens wrote:
flash_cxxi wrote:
I'm up for a sequal to anything really, but of course I'm still waiting with baited breath for The SGG to Valkyries and Viragos and The SGG to Vampires and Vixens... :D
Both those are being worked on. Valkyries and viragos is having some really interesting developments, though nothing is sketched in concrete yet.

[Mr. Burns]Excellent...[/Mr. Burns]

And what on earth are you still doing up!?! :)

Scarab Sages

flash_cxxi wrote:
And what on earth are you still doing up!?! :)

Writing.... for JUSTICE!

Or actually, you know, a PDF.


Pathfinder Companion, Pathfinder Accessories, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

I love the Archtype series and thought I would throw out some ideas for you wonderful folk at Super Genius to consider.

Primal Archtypes - Archtypes that make classes a little more savage, rustic, or in tune with nature.

Heritage Archtypes - Why should Sorcerers have all the fun? Archtypes that will allow other classes to express their bloodlines.

Planar Archtypes - Archtypes that are more influnced by planar ideals instead of a heritage.

Just some stuff to consider. :)


Pathfinder Companion, Pathfinder Accessories, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

I had another thought that the good folks at Super Genius might consider fleshing out.

I was looking at the Summoner base class in the Advanced Players Guide and two things caught my attention.
1. You slowly get to build a unique outsider as you advance in levels. As great as that is wouldn't it also be fun to build a unique construct.
2. A 16th level Summoner gains the Merge Forms ability. How awsome would it be if you could Merge Forms with your consturct and esentially wear it like a battle suit. Think Voltron, Mechwarrior, Iron Man, or even Power Rangers. Also, a lot of the Eidolons options for builds could easily be repurposed for a construct. No reason a construct can't have a tail slap or wing buffet.

Granted a lot of the Summoner class doesn't do much for crafting constructs so you would likely have to shake up the exsisting class quite a bit. But in the end you could have one heck of an Artificer class.

Just some thoughts :)


Owen K. C. Stephens wrote:
flash_cxxi wrote:
I'm up for a sequal to anything really, but of course I'm still waiting with baited breath for The SGG to Valkyries and Viragos and The SGG to Vampires and Vixens... :D
Both those are being worked on. Valkyries and viragos is having some really interesting developments, though nothing is sketched in concrete yet.

Well, if you need another freelancer writer on the project... I may know someone...

I personally am eager to see this product come out as well

Dark Archive

I still really want to see a Temptress class like the one from Mongooses Conan or Qedeshot from Green Ronins Mythic Vistas Testament D20 books. Both of them are similar in concept classes for the same thing. I just hope SGG does one or maybe someone else this year.

Scarab Sages

Dark_Mistress wrote:
I still really want to see a Temptress class like the one from Mongooses Conan or Qedeshot from Green Ronins Mythic Vistas Testament D20 books. Both of them are similar in concept classes for the same thing. I just hope SGG does one or maybe someone else this year.

It's on my list of ideas, though i admit right now Valkyries and Viragos has more of my attention, and try as I may I can't quite see my way clear to fitting a temptress in with the fierce fighting females materials.


Paizo Charter Superscriber; Pathfinder Companion, Pathfinder Accessories Subscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber

It's more likely to fit into the Vamps book that's also been suggested/requested though.

Shadow Lodge

Genius Guide to Steampunk Mad Scientist Inventor Guy!

Dark Archive

Owen K. C. Stephens wrote:
Dark_Mistress wrote:
I still really want to see a Temptress class like the one from Mongooses Conan or Qedeshot from Green Ronins Mythic Vistas Testament D20 books. Both of them are similar in concept classes for the same thing. I just hope SGG does one or maybe someone else this year.
It's on my list of ideas, though i admit right now Valkyries and Viragos has more of my attention, and try as I may I can't quite see my way clear to fitting a temptress in with the fierce fighting females materials.

No I agree she wouldn't work in such a book. That and really a Tempress should be her own book like Dragon rider etc. More of a new base class. Least thats what I am hoping for like the examples I gave above.

RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32

Dark_Mistress wrote:
Owen K. C. Stephens wrote:
Dark_Mistress wrote:
I still really want to see a Temptress class like the one from Mongooses Conan or Qedeshot from Green Ronins Mythic Vistas Testament D20 books. Both of them are similar in concept classes for the same thing. I just hope SGG does one or maybe someone else this year.
It's on my list of ideas, though i admit right now Valkyries and Viragos has more of my attention, and try as I may I can't quite see my way clear to fitting a temptress in with the fierce fighting females materials.
No I agree she wouldn't work in such a book. That and really a Tempress should be her own book like Dragon rider etc. More of a new base class. Least thats what I am hoping for like the examples I gave above.

A Rogue or Bard archetype?


Yeah, I think temptress would work well as a bard archetype. It's something I'd like to see as well.


One would figure that the Mad Doktor Stephens will be cobbling up archetypes for the Magus, Gunslinger, Ninja, and Samurai before year's end.


Urizen wrote:

One would figure that the Mad Doktor Stephens will be cobbling up archetypes for the Magus, Gunslinger, Ninja, and Samurai before year's end.

Samurai's got a few obvious ones right off the bat - Yojimbo (bodyguard, useful for protecting squishy party members), Ronin (wandering masterless samurai), Lancer (mounted combat specialist), and Aspiring Kensei (one who searches to test themselves against other skilled masters).

Dark Archive

Lord Fyre wrote:
Dark_Mistress wrote:
Owen K. C. Stephens wrote:
Dark_Mistress wrote:
I still really want to see a Temptress class like the one from Mongooses Conan or Qedeshot from Green Ronins Mythic Vistas Testament D20 books. Both of them are similar in concept classes for the same thing. I just hope SGG does one or maybe someone else this year.
It's on my list of ideas, though i admit right now Valkyries and Viragos has more of my attention, and try as I may I can't quite see my way clear to fitting a temptress in with the fierce fighting females materials.
No I agree she wouldn't work in such a book. That and really a Tempress should be her own book like Dragon rider etc. More of a new base class. Least thats what I am hoping for like the examples I gave above.
A Rogue or Bard archetype?

Actually neither. I actually like the Conan version well, which was her own base class with basically three archetypes for the class you could pick. One more rogue/assassin, one more social and the last one with a bit of magic.

I like archetypes just fine, but prefer base classes myself. Unless the idea is pretty close to a base class. Which to me this isn't really.


Going to start in the voting for Races of Scale and Fang.

Scarab Sages

SilvercatMoonpaw wrote:
Going to start in the voting for Races of Scale and Fang.

I'll likely seek a name with more alliteration (because I've done it in both races of books to date), but this is definitely on my list. I already have some races picked out, in fact...

Shadow Lodge

Genius Guide to Steampunk Mad Scientist Inventor Guy!

[yes, I will be posting this randomly until it happens]


Kthulhu wrote:

Genius Guide to Steampunk Mad Scientist Inventor Guy!

[yes, I will be posting this randomly until it happens]

+1 to your strategy. =)

Scarab Sages

Urizen wrote:
Kthulhu wrote:

Genius Guide to Steampunk Mad Scientist Inventor Guy!

[yes, I will be posting this randomly until it happens]

+1 to your strategy. =)

It continues to be an idea I play with between other projects, though i confess some of the things I was working on for this ended up getting changed and put in this week's PDF, as I'd guess you could figure out when it's released. which puts me a bit back on doing something really new and useful with the steamgineer.

Shadow Lodge

Urizen wrote:
Kthulhu wrote:

Genius Guide to Steampunk Mad Scientist Inventor Guy!

[yes, I will be posting this randomly until it happens]

+1 to your strategy. =)

I plan on creating a war clank with an advanced AI solely dedicated to repeat posting this message. Nothing bad could POSSIBLY come out of that scenario. Right?

FOR SCIENCE!!!


Owen K. C. Stephens wrote:
I'll likely seek a name with more alliteration (because I've done it in both races of books to date), but this is definitely on my list. I already have some races picked out, in fact...

Scale and Slither.

Are you going to do another race from Bastards & Bloodlines?

Scarab Sages

SilvercatMoonpaw wrote:
Owen K. C. Stephens wrote:
I'll likely seek a name with more alliteration

Scale and Slither.

Are you going to do another race from Bastards & Bloodlines?

In Scale and Slither? I dunno, I might do Green Men. In future races of... products? Almost certainly. I have GR's blessing to revisit these concepts, though I don't feel restricted to the old versions of them.

I'm a big fan of grendels and jotuns, for example. Since Rite Publishing has done an awesome job with Wyrd I'm not likely to redo them (though I might produce some stuff that matches rite's version). And blinklings have always been surprisingly popular in my home games...


Owen K. C. Stephens wrote:
Urizen wrote:
Kthulhu wrote:

Genius Guide to Steampunk Mad Scientist Inventor Guy!

[yes, I will be posting this randomly until it happens]

+1 to your strategy. =)
It continues to be an idea I play with between other projects, though i confess some of the things I was working on for this ended up getting changed and put in this week's PDF, as I'd guess you could figure out when it's released. which puts me a bit back on doing something really new and useful with the steamgineer.

Is this a 'working' name? Intrigued I am, Grand Master Stephens.


Owen K. C. Stephens wrote:
In Scale and Slither? I dunno, I might do Green Men. In future races of... products? Almost certainly.

There was an elf/naga race in B&B, that's why I was asking about it for Scale&Slither.

Owen K. C. Stephens wrote:
I'm a big fan of grendels and jotuns, for example.

Tons & Terror.

Scarab Sages

Urizen wrote:
Owen K. C. Stephens wrote:
Which puts me a bit back on doing something really new and useful with the steamgineer.
Is this a 'working' name? Intrigued I am, Grand Master Stephens.

Sorry, yes that's my working name for a mad inventor class. I was originally looking to build it as a form of alternate powers for the alchemist, and the idea of "Alternate Alchemy" developed in spagyric devices for Advanced Options: Alchemists' Discoveries, out this week. That doesn't mean I can't use the same basic idea for a steamgineer later, but I'd need to find a way to make it different enough to qualify for its own product.

Ultimately of course, you certainly could run a steampunk mad scientist as an alchemist with spagyric devices. But that doesn't work for exactly what I'd want my steamgineer to, which is one reason I used the idea for alchemist options.

SilvercatMoonpaw wrote:
There was an elf/naga race in B&B, that's why I was asking about it for Scale&Slither.

I had quite forgotten about the sthein! ("I wrote it down so I wouldn't have to remember!") Yes, they are very likely candidates for Scale and Slither (which is also a working name right now). I have some different takes on the race I'd like to give a go...

SilvercatMoonpaw wrote:
Owen K. C. Stephens wrote:
I'm a big fan of grendels and jotuns, for example.
Tons & Terror.

They're both currently slated for the Genius Guide to Races of Brawn and Brutality.


Owen K. C. Stephens wrote:
Urizen wrote:
Owen K. C. Stephens wrote:
Which puts me a bit back on doing something really new and useful with the steamgineer.
Is this a 'working' name? Intrigued I am, Grand Master Stephens.

Sorry, yes that's my working name for a mad inventor class. I was originally looking to build it as a form of alternate powers for the alchemist, and the idea of "Alternate Alchemy" developed in spagyric devices for Advanced Options: Alchemists' Discoveries, out this week. That doesn't mean I can't use the same basic idea for a steamgineer later, but I'd need to find a way to make it different enough to qualify for its own product.

Ultimately of course, you certainly could run a steampunk mad scientist as an alchemist with spagyric devices. But that doesn't work for exactly what I'd want my steamgineer to, which is one reason I used the idea for alchemist options.

I've learned something new as I've never heard of spagyric devices.

Would be interesting to see how someone would build an alchemist / artificer multiclass character. But I think it's safe to say that some of us are still looking for a new Pathfinder twist on what we may have enjoyed playing when Eberron released its artificer or something similar found in settings that have artificer / tinkerers (Etherscope, The Imperium Age, World of Warcraft d20, etc).

Looking forward to it! =)


Also, should we be expecting a Volume 2 'Best of Compendium' this year in softcover form?


You could do a type of steamgineer as an alternate build for the summoner as well. The eidolon can be his clockwork creation, and he has the ability to bring forth (maybe from a extradimensional lab) temporary clockwork templated summons.

Whirrrr, click, click, clank!


If you need a male model for a possible follow-up to Time Thief, I may know a candidate. (NOT me! lordy, no!) Young, gamer, in very good shape, and interested.

Scarab Sages

Doc_Outlands wrote:
If you need a male model for a possible follow-up to Time Thief, I may know a candidate. (NOT me! lordy, no!) Young, gamer, in very good shape, and interested.

Drop me a line! OStephens (at) aol (dot) com.

Ah... but be prepared to wait a bit for a response. I have a... thing... next week.

Liberty's Edge

Owen K. C. Stephens wrote:
Doc_Outlands wrote:
If you need a male model for a possible follow-up to Time Thief, I may know a candidate. (NOT me! lordy, no!) Young, gamer, in very good shape, and interested.

Drop me a line! OStephens (at) aol (dot) com.

Ah... but be prepared to wait a bit for a response. I have a... thing... next week.

A ... Thing?


I'm so NOT ASKING!

:D


Thing.

Scarab Sages

SilvercatMoonpaw wrote:
Thing.

Well, my 'Thing' does include this...

Shadow Lodge

Genius Guide to Steampunk Mad Scientist Inventor Guy!

...told you


Here's a delusion.

True Name Magic....

I was never really satisfied with what WotC did with the Truenamer, and of course the obvious lack of support as ToM was one of the later books before 4ed.

Dump it in the hopper????

Scarab Sages

Sethvir wrote:

Here's a delusion.

True Name Magic....

That's really interesting and, obviously, really tricky. What would you like True Name Magic to do, and especially what would you like that wasn't done in the WotC version?


Owen K. C. Stephens wrote:
Sethvir wrote:

Here's a delusion.

True Name Magic....

That's really interesting and, obviously, really tricky. What would you like True Name Magic to do, and especially what would you like that wasn't done in the WotC version?

It was a good idea with flawed execution, make it more interesting and useful.


Personally, I'd like to know more about what is currently on the slate rather than adding to the slated list of projects.


Honestly, I drink a lot of the SGG Kool-aid, I'm sure I'll buy whatever comes out that appeals to me, but not having read every post, and assuming voting is still running, I'd love to see sequels to both Godling books and the Armiger! In our Kingmaker campaign we currently have an ALL SGG class party, and are cleaning up!

FYI, party make up is:

Asterion Armiger (shield and spear)
Goblin Adept Godling (dexterity caster, most AMAZING!)
Goblin Templar (late party arrival, still kicking tail)
Human Armiger (dual wielding shields)
Human Mighty Godling (slayer of bandits-a-plenty!)
Piper Eldritch Godling (damage in a can!)

Without kissing TOO much butt, thanks SOOO much for the products! What's in store for the release schedule this year?


Owen K. C. Stephens wrote:
SilvercatMoonpaw wrote:
Owen K. C. Stephens wrote:
I'll likely seek a name with more alliteration

Scale and Slither.

Are you going to do another race from Bastards & Bloodlines?

In Scale and Slither? I dunno...

If you do use that one, please make it Slither and Scale. I don't know why, it just bugs me the other way around.


I think a new Genius Guide to aquatic and semi-aquatic species (something like The Genius Guide to Races of Flipper and Fin) could be AWESOME!

RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32

rg wrote:
I think a new Genius Guide to aquatic and semi-aquatic species (something like The Genius Guide to Races of Flipper and Fin) could be AWESOME!

I know it isn't a Super Genius product but have you checked out Cerulean Seas?

Scarab Sages

rg wrote:
I think a new Genius Guide to aquatic and semi-aquatic species (something like The Genius Guide to Races of Flipper and Fin) could be AWESOME!

While I'm sure I'd tinker with the title, the idea is great and has been added to the hopper!


Lord Fyre wrote:
rg wrote:
I think a new Genius Guide to aquatic and semi-aquatic species (something like The Genius Guide to Races of Flipper and Fin) could be AWESOME!
I know it isn't a Super Genius product but have you checked out Cerulean Seas?

I had NOT, WOW this one looks amazing! Still, I'd love to see the SGG guys get their hands on a races book that covers the same!


Just spitballing, but here are three more ideas I've had for quite some time now:

I think SGG would do an amazing job of putting out a race guide to Large and maybe even larger (but still balanced and playable) player species... Maybe something along the lines of The Genius Guide to Races of Height and Heft...

Also, another Kragnar's guide would be AWESOME (my players absolutely DEVOURED the items in the last one)! Maybe this time covering weapons like those touched upon in Gnomes of Golarion...

Lastly, I think it would be UNBELIEVABLE to have a Genius Guide for a melee type class that uses gravity in it's attacks... No idea what you'd call the class, but I'd imagine it would use gravity to add to damage on attacks, to make area of effect attacks, and to pin people down...

Sorry if these don't seem feasible, just tossing some ideas out there!

Thanks for looking them over...

Shadow Lodge

Genius Guide to Steampunk Mad Scientist Inventor Guy!

Scarab Sages

rg wrote:
Just spitballing, but here are three more ideas I've had for quite some time now:

We do love hearing ideas from our fans! (Seriously, we do!)

rg wrote:
I think SGG would do an amazing job of putting out a race guide to Large and maybe even larger (but still balanced and playable) player species... Maybe something along the lines of The Genius Guide to Races of Height and Heft...

Wow, and ouch. There are some built-in issues with bigger people that make game balance issues really tough. I do have an update of the Jotun planned for the Genius Guide to Races of Brawn and Brutality, but it also comes with a warning for GMs and players alike.

Also, I'd ask if you've looked at In the Company of Giants, by Rite Publishing? It does a really cool thing with playable giants while making a strong claim on balance. I had nothing to do with it, but I think it's a 3pp product worth looking at.

rg wrote:
Also, another Kragnar's guide would be AWESOME (my players absolutely DEVOURED the items in the last one)! Maybe this time covering weapons like those touched upon in Gnomes of Golarion...

More Kragnar is inevitable, though I have no idea which of the partially-completed manuscripts is likely to see the light of day first. I'm partial to Secondhand Golems, but Black Market Magic Items II is our most requested Kragnar item. I'll add Prototype Blades to the list of possibilities. :)

rg wrote:
Lastly, I think it would be UNBELIEVABLE to have a Genius Guide for a melee type class that uses gravity in it's attacks... No idea what you'd call the class, but I'd imagine it would use gravity to add to damage on attacks, to make area of effect attacks, and to pin people down...

That's a really specific idea, which is not to say it isn't a good one. I'll through it in the hopper and see what my turtle brains comes up with...

rg wrote:

Sorry if these don't seem feasible, just tossing some ideas out there!

Thanks for looking them over...

Happy to! Cheapest market research ever!

Kthulhu wrote:
Genius Guide to Steampunk Mad Scientist Inventor Guy!

Wow, what an interesting idea. But I think I've head it before...

Seriously, have you checked out spagyric devices in Advanced Options: Alchemists' Discoveries? Even if it doesn't have the breadth you'd like to see I'm interested in your take on it as a framework for a steampunk madboy.


Optionally, with some retooling the summoner could be redone as a steampunk-flavored class. Just imagine the eidolon as a clockwork creation and retool the spells and abilities to fit the theme.

151 to 200 of 223 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Pathfinder / Pathfinder First Edition / Third-Party Pathfinder RPG Products / Product Discussion / [Super Genius Games] Help Plan 2011 for SGG! All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.