New Order of the Stick Strip Up


Comics

1 to 50 of 5,753 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

4 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Subscriber

Someone suggested that it was a bit redundant to post a new thread every time OotS updates, so why not keep it all in one thread?

#762 is up. Tarquin. Is. One. Magnificent. Bastard.


763 is up as well and magnificent is right! Tarquin (anybody notice the starwars reference in his name?) is awesome :D


"If I win, I get to be a king. If I lose, I get to be a LEGEND."

Terrifying. Truly Terrifying.

Scarab Sages Contributor, RPG Superstar 2008 Top 4, Legendary Games

Freehold DM wrote:
"If I win, I get to be a king. If I lose, I get to be a LEGEND."

That right there is the phrase that pays.

Awe. Some.

This is up there with Xykon's epic verbal beatdown of Redcloak at the end of Start of Darkness. Almost.


Jason Nelson wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
"If I win, I get to be a king. If I lose, I get to be a LEGEND."

That right there is the phrase that pays.

Awe. Some.

This is up there with Xykon's epic verbal beatdown of Redcloak at the end of Start of Darkness. Almost.

Link me. I want to compare.


Freehold DM wrote:
Jason Nelson wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
"If I win, I get to be a king. If I lose, I get to be a LEGEND."

That right there is the phrase that pays.

Awe. Some.

This is up there with Xykon's epic verbal beatdown of Redcloak at the end of Start of Darkness. Almost.

Link me. I want to compare.

I think that was part of a physically published item only, but I'm not sure.

RPG Superstar 2013 Top 16

The new comic is pure awesome!

Also, I like the new threads when OOTS is updated.

The Exchange

Darkjoy wrote:

The new comic is pure awesome!

Also, I like the new threads when OOTS is updated.

I think I prefer updated threads when OOTS is updated.

My dot is added to this thread, hopefully it'll stick. :-P

Scarab Sages Contributor, RPG Superstar 2008 Top 4, Legendary Games

kyrt-ryder wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
Jason Nelson wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
"If I win, I get to be a king. If I lose, I get to be a LEGEND."

That right there is the phrase that pays.

Awe. Some.

This is up there with Xykon's epic verbal beatdown of Redcloak at the end of Start of Darkness. Almost.

Link me. I want to compare.
I think that was part of a physically published item only, but I'm not sure.

Correct. Start of Darkness is a mostly B&W softcover that tells the backstory of Redcloak and Xykon.

And it is AWESOME.

But, it's not online, so you have to actually buy the book. Well worth it, though.

The Exchange

New comic is up!
Strip #763

And yes, I know there's another thread, but frankly I like having a constant thread for updates. :-P


Whited Sepulcher wrote:

New comic is up!

Strip #763

And yes, I know there's another thread, but frankly I like having a constant thread for updates. :-P

You're a little late to the party bud.

The Exchange

kyrt-ryder wrote:
Whited Sepulcher wrote:

New comic is up!

Strip #763

And yes, I know there's another thread, but frankly I like having a constant thread for updates. :-P

You're a little late to the party bud.

heh, ooops, I tried to skim through to see if it wasn't already posted up, then again it was kinda in response to that new 763 thread someone created recently. alas, I missed it. I blame the holiday shopping today at the mall, it adds years to one's life! ;_;

Dark Archive

Freehold DM wrote:

"If I win, I get to be a king. If I lose, I get to be a LEGEND."

Terrifying. Truly Terrifying.

I.Want.The.Shirt.

Dark Archive

joela wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:

"If I win, I get to be a king. If I lose, I get to be a LEGEND."

Terrifying. Truly Terrifying.

I.Want.The.Shirt.

+1

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Adventure, Rulebook Subscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber

Strip #764.

Oh man. Tier envy. Made my day.


TriOmegaZero wrote:

Strip #764.

Oh man. Tier envy. Made my day.

~laughter~ Funny! Thanks for the heads up TOZ!

The Exchange

TriOmegaZero wrote:

Strip #764.

Oh man. Tier envy. Made my day.

Oh that's hilarious!


Pathfinder Adventure Subscriber

# 765 is up. "On the table too? Can't we just stick with beds?"

Dark Archive

Kajehase wrote:
# 765 is up. "On the table too? Can't we just stick with beds?"

+1! This is definitely not a G-rated comic. (Thanks the gawds!)

Dark Archive

Wouldn't having that much gold under your love chaff?

The Exchange

Good stuff! I'm really enjoying how this plotline is going. Durkon is right though, this segment is going a bit long. :-D


Whited Sepulcher wrote:
Good stuff! I'm really enjoying how this plotline is going. Durkon is right though, this segment is going a bit long. :-D

In a good way. This is huge character development for Elan.


As stupendously as this strip has developed, it still peaked for me with "I GOT A 4!"

Dark Archive

David Fryer wrote:
Wouldn't having that much gold under your love chaff?

Well in my campaign, HUGE piles of gold and precious metals is akin to aphrodisiacs for dragons. I guess it goes the same for Thieves ... er, Rogues.


baron arem heshvaun wrote:
David Fryer wrote:
Wouldn't having that much gold under your love chaff?
Well in my campaign, HUGE piles of gold and precious metals is akin to aphrodisiacs for dragons. I guess it goes the same for Thieves ... er, Rogues.

Not gonna lie... if I had that much gold I'd try it once...


kyrt-ryder wrote:
baron arem heshvaun wrote:
David Fryer wrote:
Wouldn't having that much gold under your love chaff?
Well in my campaign, HUGE piles of gold and precious metals is akin to aphrodisiacs for dragons. I guess it goes the same for Thieves ... er, Rogues.
Not gonna lie... if I had that much gold I'd try it once...

Don't do it you might get goldbugs.


~laughter~ OotS #766 is up.

Sovereign Court RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32, 2010 Top 8

Sharoth wrote:
~laughter~ OotS #766 is up.

Yes! someone who reads the evil overlord's list!

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Adventure, Rulebook Subscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber

Reads? I think he wrote it!

The Exchange

TriOmegaZero wrote:
Reads? I think he wrote it!

Yeah, that's what I think about Elan's Dad. He IS the evil overlord! How can he not be after that great speech?


That.
Was.
HILARIOUS!!!


Bluf, bluff, bluff, bluff the stupid guards!

Dark Archive

Xabulba wrote:
kyrt-ryder wrote:
baron arem heshvaun wrote:
David Fryer wrote:
Wouldn't having that much gold under your love chaff?
Well in my campaign, HUGE piles of gold and precious metals is akin to aphrodisiacs for dragons. I guess it goes the same for Thieves ... er, Rogues.
Not gonna lie... if I had that much gold I'd try it once...
Don't do it you might get goldbugs.

Dude, that is just wrong.


Pathfinder Adventure Subscriber

# 768 is up! Those pesky separatist muskrats.

Scarab Sages Contributor, RPG Superstar 2008 Top 4, Legendary Games

The sheer casualness of Haley's BS is delightful. And the sweet reunion hug classic OotS, as was the last-panel gag with Belkar and Roy. All it needed was a rim shot. :)


Pathfinder Adventure Subscriber

# 769 I fully endorse Ian's policy vis-a-vis the stuffed shirts.

Sovereign Court RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32, 2010 Top 8

Kajehase wrote:
# 769 I fully endorse Ian's policy vis-a-vis the stuffed shirts.

Tangent alert!

Spoiler:
Played a LE psychic warrior in a party. One of the other players was playing a silver dragon hatchling. When we were thinking of names for the group, I suggested 'Company of the Silver Dragon.' The rest of the party liked it. My character went out and bought everyone tabbards with a silver dragon rampant on them as the logo, introduced the party this way, etc.

It wasn't until I got a clasp for my cloack of resistance that looked like a silver dragon in flight when closed that the palyer went "Hey! Are you trying to make Nimubs a target?"

I smiled, "Why Jeff. Would Shadrach ever do something like that?"


Pathfinder Adventure Subscriber

#770. It seemed like a good idea at the time.


Pathfinder Adventure Subscriber

#771 - in which Elan discusses the terminology of primitive stabbing weapons.

Scarab Sages Contributor, RPG Superstar 2008 Top 4, Legendary Games

Seems like Haley's relatives have the same class ability Miko had where they can jump as far as they want... but only to conclusions! :)


Jason Nelson wrote:
Seems like Haley's relatives have the same class ability Miko had where they can jump as far as they want... but only to conclusions! :)

In reference to the above comment: Ian, just like Miko, is impervious to reasoning and waaaay too paranoid

Liberty's Edge

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

And another conversation about greed

Sovereign Court RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32, 2010 Top 8

"It's kind of like putting him in a nursing home, only you're taking him AWAY from the abusive staff and the daily loss of human dignity."

Considering this is a poit of argument between my sister and I, I found this darkly humourous.

Dark Archive

Brutesquad07 wrote:
And another conversation about greed

You have to love all purpose greed.


Pathfinder Adventure Subscriber

And #774 is up

Aww. That's both beautiful and really, really sad.


Kajehase wrote:

And #774 is up

Aww. That's both beautiful and really, really sad.

Can anyone explain why Haley's last comment to Elan in the final panel is in orange? I gather that there's either a joke or a sad bit of irony there but I can't quite figure out what it is.


Kajehase wrote:

And #774 is up

Aww. That's both beautiful and really, really sad.

Owch.

Sovereign Court RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32, 2010 Top 8

Power Word Unzip wrote:
Kajehase wrote:

And #774 is up

Aww. That's both beautiful and really, really sad.

Can anyone explain why Haley's last comment to Elan in the final panel is in orange? I gather that there's either a joke or a sad bit of irony there but I can't quite figure out what it is.

She's outside the anti-magic zone, so it's the effect of the glibness potion. Even when she's talking with Elan in the next to last panel 767 her words are orange.

Liberty's Edge

Then, doesn't the last sentence means that the potion also works on things that are true (since it is in orange and thus a lie reinforced by the potion).

Or it is just gratuitously messing with our heads ...


The black raven wrote:

Then, doesn't the last sentence means that the potion also works on things that are true (since it is in orange and thus a lie reinforced by the potion).

Or it is just gratuitously messing with our heads ...

That was the meaning I extrapolated from it, too.

Still, I think it's pretty obvious that Haley wouldn't consider extolling Elan's virtues to her father a lie.

Is there some other reason, then, that she doesn't want Elan to know that the potion can be used to reinforce the truth?

1 to 50 of 5,753 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Entertainment / Comics / New Order of the Stick Strip Up All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.