Paizo Job Opportunity: Pathfinder Developer


Paizo General Discussion

301 to 350 of 420 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>

Liz Courts wrote:


Better to be a bother than have your resume eaten by the dire hamsters in the email server! :D

Dire hamsters!? Inconceivable!

Liberty's Edge

Oh dear, did they get loose?

They were supposed to eat all the other resumes...

RPG Superstar Season 9 Top 16

The job description asks for:

A writing sample—preferably including an example of game content or rules design—exceeding 1,000 words.

I was thinking of submitting a sample that consisted of an entry for each round of the last RPG Superstar competition. That would not only handily exceed 1,000 words, but would also showcase a wide variety of my writing and design skills.

My question is: would this be suitable, or too excessive?

Contributor

electricjokecascade wrote:

The job description asks for:

A writing sample—preferably including an example of game content or rules design—exceeding 1,000 words.

I was thinking of submitting a sample that consisted of an entry for each round of the last RPG Superstar competition. That would not only handily exceed 1,000 words, but would also showcase a wide variety of my writing and design skills.

My question is: would this be suitable, or too excessive?

If you feel that sample best represents the caliber of effort, imagination, and writing skill we can expect from you as a member of the crew, then by all means submit away.

If not. Try something else.

Contributor

Just so folks know, we have finally made a decision regarding our open developer position. Our new hire has been interviewed, informed of our decision, and starts next week. She or he will make herself or himself known as they please, or next week (likely on the blog).

It's been a long and challenging search with hundreds of applicants and an incredible amount of talent, so thanks to everyone who applied for making it so hard on us! (This has been a 8 months search after all!)

I've informed all the applicants of our decision via e-mail. If you applied and did not get an e-mail, sorry if your address slipped through the cracks there at the end (it turns out Mail is kind of unfriendly about sending out massive e-mails).

Folks still interested in working for Paizo should totally keep an eye on our Job Opportunities page, the open calls we commonly run as part of Pathfinder Society, our yearly RPG Superstar event, and special events as we announce them on the blog.

Again, thanks to everyone for the groundswell of interest and all the amazing enthusiasm!


F. Wesley Schneider wrote:

Just so folks know, we have finally made a decision regarding our open developer position. Our new hire has been interviewed, informed of our decision, and starts next week. She or he will make herself or himself known as they please, or next week (likely on the blog).

It's been a long and challenging search with hundreds of applicants and an incredible amount of talent, so thanks to everyone who applied for making it so hard on us! (This has been a 8 months search after all!)

I've informed all the applicants of our decision via e-mail. If you applied and did not get an e-mail, sorry if your address slipped through the cracks there at the end (it turns out Mail is kind of unfriendly about sending out massive e-mails).

Folks still interested in working for Paizo should totally keep an eye on our Job Opportunities page, the open calls we commonly run as part of Pathfinder Society, our yearly RPG Superstar event, and special events as we announce them on the blog.

Again, thanks to everyone for the groundswell of interest and all the amazing enthusiasm!

Rejection email safely received.

At least now I get to not have to spend a humongous amount catching up on Paizo's back-catalogue. Clouds and silver linings and all that... ;)
And congratulations to the new developer. You now have aproximately six months to swot up on your judging skills before someone goes down ill at the last minute and you have to judge/review five rounds of RPGSuperstar insanity. :D

Shadow Lodge

Congrats to whoever got the job! I'll keep writing and trying to contribute, and someday perhaps I'll make it onto the illustrious Paizo crew in some capacity.

Thanks for the e-mail, it's good to know the final outcome even if it wasn't the desired one :)

Jon Brazer Enterprises

Congrats.

Contributor

Congrats as well.

Contributor

Congrats! :)


Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Companion, Lost Omens Subscriber
F. Wesley Schneider wrote:
Just so folks know, we have finally made a decision regarding our open developer position. Our new hire has been interviewed, informed of our decision, and starts next week. She or he will make herself or himself known as they please, or next week (likely on the blog).

She or he wishes to be known as Loretta. She or he also wants the Romans to go home!

Liberty's Edge

F. Wesley Schneider wrote:
Our new hire has been interviewed, informed of our decision, and starts next week. She or he will make herself or himself known as they please, or next week (likely on the blog).

Holy crap! They hired Pat from SNL!


Dear S/he:
Congratulations! Allow me to the make the case for revealing yourself post-haste. 1. We will get hyper speculating, and someone will inevitably get poked in the eye in the hub-bub. 2. If we have pent up frustration, we might explode when you are finally revealed. Finally, 3. We love giving people attention. And now it's your turn.
Expectantly,
M.

Jon Brazer Enterprises

Mairkurion {tm} wrote:
1. We will get hyper speculating

Allow me to begin the hyper speculating. My short list of who I think got tapped is:

1) Perlivash (the fairy dragon from Kingmaker 1)
2) Lisa Stevens
3) Stan!
4) Ed Greenwood
5) Any of the KQ team. or
6) Michael Caine
7) Orcus

Yes, only 3, 5 and 7 are serious. The rest, not so much.


Dale McCoy Jr wrote:
Mairkurion {tm} wrote:
1. We will get hyper speculating

Allow me to begin the hyper speculating. My short list of who I think got tapped is:

1) Perlivash (the fairy dragon from Kingmaker 1)
2) Lisa Stevens
3) Stan!
4) Ed Greenwood
5) Any of the KQ team. or
6) Michael Caine
7) Orcus

Yes, only 3, 5 and 7 are serious. The rest, not so much.

MY EYE!

Liberty's Edge

Job Conditions

Normal office working conditions

Come on guys, this is some sort of joke right?! I have doubts that Paizo's offices are normal, given that it's current staff seems far from it...


Stefan Hill wrote:

Job Conditions

Normal office working conditions

Come on guys, this is some sort of joke right?! I have doubts that Paizo's offices are normal, given that it's current staff seems far from it...

I assure you, there is nothing to be afraid of.

Pay no attention to the personality alteration field generator behind you.

Silver Crusade

SHODAN wrote:
Stefan Hill wrote:

Job Conditions

Normal office working conditions

Come on guys, this is some sort of joke right?! I have doubts that Paizo's offices are normal, given that it's current staff seems far from it...

I assure you, there is nothing to be afraid of.

Pay no attention to the personality alteration field generator behind you.

God I need to play that game again.

Scarab Sages

Dale McCoy Jr wrote:
Mairkurion {tm} wrote:
1. We will get hyper speculating

Allow me to begin the hyper speculating. My short list of who I think got tapped is:

1) Perlivash (the fairy dragon from Kingmaker 1)
2) Lisa Stevens
3) Stan!
4) Ed Greenwood
5) Any of the KQ team. or
6) Michael Caine
7) Orcus

Yes, only 3, 5 and 7 are serious. The rest, not so much.

I'll throw in a guess:

8) A former RPG Superstar winner (and/or RPG Superstar judge).

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

9) A Former Employee of The Illustrious Industry Leader.

Liberty's Edge

Well, it was fun to feel in the running anyway. I'm looking forward to the upcoming announcement of who is joining the Paizo team.

Jon Brazer Enterprises

After searching all 7 pages of this thread, I can confirm that no one's name suddenly got a little Paizo logo next to it that previously didn't have it.

Back to random speculation.


I tire of this. Some staff member, just email me his/her phone number and we'll go from there. Clearly I have been very patient until now.

Paizo Employee Franchise Manager

Mairkurion {tm} wrote:
I tire of this. Some staff member, just email me his/her phone number and we'll go from there. Clearly I have been very patient until now.

It's 425-867-5309.


*contemplates calling that number for a moment*

Trap.


Mark Moreland wrote:
Mairkurion {tm} wrote:
I tire of this. Some staff member, just email me his/her phone number and we'll go from there. Clearly I have been very patient until now.
It's 425-867-5309.

Don't insult me, Y8MH.

Sovereign Court

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Evil Lincoln wrote:

*contemplates calling that number for a moment*

Trap.

Don't you only use telegraphs?


Mairkurion {tm} wrote:
I tire of this. Some staff member, just email me his/her phone number and we'll go from there. Clearly I have been very patient until now.

You may contact customer service department at (425) 250-0800 (Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time) or e-mail us at customer.service@paizo.com.

Let us know what you find out.

Dark Archive RPG Superstar 2013 Top 32

Mairkurion {tm} wrote:
Mark Moreland wrote:
Mairkurion {tm} wrote:
I tire of this. Some staff member, just email me his/her phone number and we'll go from there. Clearly I have been very patient until now.
It's 425-867-5309.
Don't insult me, Y8MH.

Ah, but doing a reverse lookup, we now know that the new staff member's name is JENNY!

....is it Jenny Poussin?!?


Well, I thought about all MM and I have been through together through the years, and putting aside all the warning signs, I called the number. Some dude named Kevin Butler sounded really, really pissed. I gave him your number, Mark. I hope everything works out okay. He's not very reasonable. I'm glad I'm nowhere near Redmond.


Kevin Butler? I know a Kevin Butler. He works in the same building here in Bellevue.

Hey, what's that shouting?

gottago

afk


Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Lost Omens Subscriber
Dale McCoy Jr wrote:

After searching all 7 pages of this thread, I can confirm that no one's name suddenly got a little Paizo logo next to it that previously didn't have it.

Back to random speculation.

It may be that the new hire hasn't been adjusted by the overworked tech support department yet. Or more likely they'll make a new account with their actual name like most other Paizo staff has.

I expect they'll pop in sometime next week. It would not surprise me if it was someone who has some writing credits at places like Kobold Quarterly, Rite Publishing, or Super Genius Games.

Dark Archive

Pathfinder Card Game, Pathfinder Accessories Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber
deinol wrote:
Dale McCoy Jr wrote:

After searching all 7 pages of this thread, I can confirm that no one's name suddenly got a little Paizo logo next to it that previously didn't have it.

Back to random speculation.

It may be that the new hire hasn't been adjusted by the overworked tech support department yet. Or more likely they'll make a new account with their actual name like most other Paizo staff has.

I expect they'll pop in sometime next week. It would not surprise me if it was someone who has some writing credits at places like Kobold Quarterly, Rite Publishing, or Super Genius Games.

If they had an account before, Gary and Ross can poke it so it gains a golem and defaults to the name. For example all of Mark's old Y8MH posts changed over when he was absorbed into the mothership...

Paizo Employee Sales Associate

Enlight_Bystand wrote:


If they had an account before, Gary and Ross can poke it so it gains a golem and defaults to the name. For example all of Mark's old Y8MH posts changed over when he was absorbed into the mothership...

Point of order... that was (and most likely will be) Yours Truly.


Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Lost Omens Subscriber
Enlight_Bystand wrote:
For example all of Mark's old Y8MH posts changed over when he was absorbed into the mothership...

True, but did it happen before his first day? I suspect they'll wait for said person to start working before they do such a change over.

Liberty's Edge RPG Superstar 2008 Top 32, 2011 Top 16

Cosmo wrote:
Enlight_Bystand wrote:


If they had an account before, Gary and Ross can poke it so it gains a golem and defaults to the name. For example all of Mark's old Y8MH posts changed over when he was absorbed into the mothership...
Point of order... that was (and most likely will be) Yours Truly.

So you're hinting that this person has posted on the message boards...that narrows it down! :)


JoelF847 wrote:
So you're hinting that this person has posted on the message boards...that narrows it down! :)

We should TOTALLY start a new thread where everybody who didn't get the job posts, and whoever is left got the job!

Paizo Employee Sales Associate

JoelF847 wrote:

So you're hinting that this person has posted on the message boards...that narrows it down! :)

This is actually not what I was hinting. I was hinting that I had not yet applied the golem to the new employee.

Liberty's Edge RPG Superstar 2008 Top 32, 2011 Top 16

Cosmo wrote:
...applied the golem to the new employee.

That just sounds dirty.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Lost Omens Subscriber
JoelF847 wrote:
Cosmo wrote:
...applied the golem to the new employee.
That just sounds dirty.

Yeah, I went there. LOL

I'd be ashamed, if I actually had any shame.


Cosmo wrote:
JoelF847 wrote:

So you're hinting that this person has posted on the message boards...that narrows it down! :)

This is actually not what I was hinting. I was hinting that I had not yet applied the golem to the new employee.

Put the lotion in the baaaaa-sketttt!

Sovereign Court

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Cosmo wrote:
Enlight_Bystand wrote:


If they had an account before, Gary and Ross can poke it so it gains a golem and defaults to the name. For example all of Mark's old Y8MH posts changed over when he was absorbed into the mothership...
Point of order... that was (and most likely will be) Yours Truly.

So you're saying you're the new developer?

Contributor

Looking back at - let's call her/him "Developer X" - 's profile, no golem stamp has been added yet and won't be until early next week.

(Cos, I'll ping you about that early next week :P)

A few frustrating hints:

As for some of the guesses flying around, deinol has been the least off-target.

You might have met "Developer X" at Paizocon 2010, but not 2011. Not that the guest list would help with that.

As far as I know, "Developer X" has no second edition writing credits.

That's all the shaking of the bee hive I'll do until next week. If anyone guesses right... well, no one's telling early, so you'll just have wait to claim your "I-told-you-sos!"


Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Lost Omens Subscriber
F. Wesley Schneider wrote:


As far as I know, "Developer X" has no second edition writing credits.

There goes my dream of Monte Cook working for Paizo.


Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Lost Omens Subscriber

On a more serious note, Super Genius Owen KC Stephens didn't make Paizocon this year. His earliest writing credits are d20/3.X (as far as I know).

Although he is rather busy making SGG and DundeonaDay awesome.

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

Owen "KFC" Stephens would be a great pick. I really like his work, and he already contributed to several Paizo products.

Sovereign Court

deinol wrote:

On a more serious note, Super Genius Owen KC Stephens didn't make Paizocon this year. His earliest writing credits are d20/3.X (as far as I know).

Although he is rather busy making SGG and DundeonaDay awesome.

http://wiki.acaeum.com/wiki/Category:Owen_K._C._Stephens

Some TSR era Dragon writing credits. But just a tad before d20.


Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Lost Omens Subscriber
Robert Hawkshaw wrote:
deinol wrote:

On a more serious note, Super Genius Owen KC Stephens didn't make Paizocon this year. His earliest writing credits are d20/3.X (as far as I know).

Although he is rather busy making SGG and DundeonaDay awesome.

http://wiki.acaeum.com/wiki/Category:Owen_K._C._Stephens

Some TSR era Dragon writing credits. But just a tad before d20.

My mistake, the list I checked only has book credits. I figured it was a long shot, as he does have s lot of stuff going on already.

Sovereign Court

deinol wrote:
Robert Hawkshaw wrote:
deinol wrote:

On a more serious note, Super Genius Owen KC Stephens didn't make Paizocon this year. His earliest writing credits are d20/3.X (as far as I know).

Although he is rather busy making SGG and DundeonaDay awesome.

http://wiki.acaeum.com/wiki/Category:Owen_K._C._Stephens

Some TSR era Dragon writing credits. But just a tad before d20.

My mistake, the list I checked only has book credits. I figured it was a long shot, as he does have s lot of stuff going on already.

Well the 2010 / 2011 paizocon appearances were a good catch. And I agree, the super geniuses have mojo.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Greg Vaugan?

(That would be awesome if correct.)

301 to 350 of 420 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Paizo / General Discussion / Paizo Job Opportunity: Pathfinder Developer All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.