Combat Manager application


Homebrew and House Rules

1,851 to 1,900 of 2,460 << first < prev | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | next > last >>
Sovereign Court

Just d/l the app...looks good on a basic runthrough...can;t wait to try it out in earnest.


andarsis wrote:

I just recently downloaded the Combat Manager to my Pad Mini and so far I really like what I am seeing. One thing I have not located either on the Combat Manager site or here is a user guide?

Did I miss it along he way? I've figured out how to save encounters and my player group but I'd really like to import them from Hero Lab. My campaign is NPC heavy so I tend to run more characters than straight up monsters.

A nudge in the right direction would be appreciated...I did try searching for it prior to posting just in case it was buried in the thread.

I´ve been asking for some sort of tutorial/user guide for quite a while.

I don´t think it's high on the priority list.

Asmo


Yeah, the various different smite abilities has been a point of confusion for many. It would have been nice if they just used different names for the abilities.

Another issue I noticed is that when you use the monster advancer to add templates or augment summoning, the changes don't apply to various abilities.

For example- the giant frog's CMB is listed as "+3 (+7 grapple)". When adding templates or augmented summoning, the effects apply to the listed base CMB, but not the unique bonus in parentheses. This also holds true to the giant frog's tongue touch attack listed in its melee attacks. The octopus is another example.


I tried out the new Android version of the program on my Nook HD, and while it loaded to the main screen, trying to switch to any other tabs caused the program to crash.


Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Companion, Lost Omens, Rulebook Subscriber
LamentoftheLost wrote:
I tried out the new Android version of the program on my Nook HD, and while it loaded to the main screen, trying to switch to any other tabs caused the program to crash.

I'm working on getting my hands on a Nook so I can test this.


Does this app work on the Kindle Fire? Been thinking about getting a tablet and the functionality of this program *will* be taken into account in my final decision of what brand/model to get.


Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Companion, Lost Omens, Rulebook Subscriber
Tels wrote:
Does this app work on the Kindle Fire? Been thinking about getting a tablet and the functionality of this program *will* be taken into account in my final decision of what brand/model to get.

It should work on the Kindle Fire HD or HDX, but I haven't personally tested it on those devices yet so it's always possible there's a problem I need to fix. I can't vouch for the performance, but I suspect it would run pretty well on the HDX, which is much faster than the Nexus 7 (2012) that I do most of my testing on.


Kyle Olson wrote:
Tels wrote:
Does this app work on the Kindle Fire? Been thinking about getting a tablet and the functionality of this program *will* be taken into account in my final decision of what brand/model to get.
It should work on the Kindle Fire HD or HDX, but I haven't personally tested it on those devices yet so it's always possible there's a problem I need to fix. I can't vouch for the performance, but I suspect it would run pretty well on the HDX, which is much faster than the Nexus 7 (2012) that I do most of my testing on.

A friend has a Kindle Fire HD so I could probably test it on his. Do I need the iPad version or the Android version?


Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Companion, Lost Omens, Rulebook Subscriber
Tels wrote:
Kyle Olson wrote:
Tels wrote:
Does this app work on the Kindle Fire? Been thinking about getting a tablet and the functionality of this program *will* be taken into account in my final decision of what brand/model to get.
It should work on the Kindle Fire HD or HDX, but I haven't personally tested it on those devices yet so it's always possible there's a problem I need to fix. I can't vouch for the performance, but I suspect it would run pretty well on the HDX, which is much faster than the Nexus 7 (2012) that I do most of my testing on.
A friend has a Kindle Fire HD so I could probably test it on his. Do I need the iPad version or the Android version?

I've tested it on the HDX and it runs pretty well, except for some resolution related UI problems I'll have corrected in the next release.


Hello Kyle. I like your Combat Manager very much and want to thank you for it.

Some thoughts which would be hard to implement but very handy:
1) Add NPC and PC classes to monster advancer. It will help A LOT for custom villains, but i know how hard it is to do (just the ammount of work).
2) Easier thing - adding a spells known / prepared list to spells tab with links in the manager itself - so that you can see all you need in the window of combat manager without looking to the list of spells. Also something to count spells used/left will be good too.
3) Also some counter for different abilities - like remaining ki pool, domain abilities per day and so on.

Thanks in advance.


Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Companion, Lost Omens, Rulebook Subscriber
Tierre wrote:


1) Add NPC and PC classes to monster advancer. It will help A LOT for custom villains, but i know how hard it is to do (just the ammount of work).
2) Easier thing - adding a spells known / prepared list to spells tab with links in the manager itself - so that you can see all you need in the window of combat manager without looking to the list of spells. Also something to count spells used/left will be good too.
3) Also some counter for different abilities - like remaining ki pool, domain abilities per day and so on.

1) A class advancer is not likely to happen because of the high level of complexity. There are three factors: I need the rules for all of the classes, I need a way to figure out what's already applied to a character, and I need to make a guess as to what class options to apply automatically. I could create a fairly limited and inaccurate class advancer, and I might do that some day.

2) I think it would be really cool to be able to check off a spell on a monster as you use it. I looked into doing this years ago but the idea was forgotten. I've placed the idea on the back log, so maybe I'll get to it some day.

3) This is another good idea. I've got a couple ideas on how to implement this, but I don't know when I'll get to it.


I'm going to be running RotRL soon and, before I go and make them myself, I was wondering if anyone has created any encounter files for the monsters that they'd like to share?

Cheers


Kyle Olson wrote:
Tels wrote:
Kyle Olson wrote:
Tels wrote:
Does this app work on the Kindle Fire? Been thinking about getting a tablet and the functionality of this program *will* be taken into account in my final decision of what brand/model to get.
It should work on the Kindle Fire HD or HDX, but I haven't personally tested it on those devices yet so it's always possible there's a problem I need to fix. I can't vouch for the performance, but I suspect it would run pretty well on the HDX, which is much faster than the Nexus 7 (2012) that I do most of my testing on.
A friend has a Kindle Fire HD so I could probably test it on his. Do I need the iPad version or the Android version?
I've tested it on the HDX and it runs pretty well, except for some resolution related UI problems I'll have corrected in the next release.

Which version of the app do I need to test it on the Kindle?


I just picked up the combat manager app for my kindle fire hd the other day. I have been looking forward to combat manager for my kindle since I started using combat manager about a year ago. I love this program and thanks for your effort Kyle.

Now just a few things I have run into since I downloaded it for my kindle.

1- the program is crashing when I try to select a feat or weapon while I am customizing creatures.

2- is there any other way to create custom monsters? on the combat tab I know I can edit the monster there but when I clear the tab and try to put the monster back on the tab all my adjustments are gone.


mistamichal wrote:

I'm going to be running RotRL soon and, before I go and make them myself, I was wondering if anyone has created any encounter files for the monsters that they'd like to share?

Cheers

Most of the Runelords monsters are already in the "Adventures and Modules" database included with CM.


Where in CM do I find the 'Adventures and Modules' database? I just had a look and couldn't see anything.

Cheers


mistamichal wrote:

Where in CM do I find the 'Adventures and Modules' database? I just had a look and couldn't see anything.

Cheers

I am going to assume that you are using the Windows PC version at this point. I don't have any other version Kindle, iPad, etc. to direct you any differently.

Bottom right corner. Button that says "Sources"

Click on that and it will show:
Pathfinder Core
Advanced Player's Guide
Adventures and Modules
Chronicles and Companions
Ultimate Magic
Ultimate Combat
Other

All should be checked. If you uncheck all but the Adventures and Modules and then go to the Monster Tab and check the drop down that says "Monsters" to "All", that should show you all the NPC's and monsters associated with any of the Adventure paths.

Failing that, they may be under the Other category, but I don't know exactly what is included in that grouping. Also I don't have RotRL, so I can't look up any NPC or monster related to that AP.


Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Companion, Lost Omens, Rulebook Subscriber
Arlandor wrote:

I just picked up the combat manager app for my kindle fire hd the other day. I have been looking forward to combat manager for my kindle since I started using combat manager about a year ago. I love this program and thanks for your effort Kyle.

Now just a few things I have run into since I downloaded it for my kindle.

1- the program is crashing when I try to select a feat or weapon while I am customizing creatures.

2- is there any other way to create custom monsters? on the combat tab I know I can edit the monster there but when I clear the tab and try to put the monster back on the tab all my adjustments are gone.

1- I'll take a look at this tonight. I put in some fixes for weapon editing which just went live in a new build yesterday evening. I didn't know there were any problems with the feats.

2- There's no custom monster DB feature right now. You have to edit the monster while it's the only monster in the monster list and save it as a cmpt file.


Kyle Olson wrote:
Arlandor wrote:

I just picked up the combat manager app for my kindle fire hd the other day. I have been looking forward to combat manager for my kindle since I started using combat manager about a year ago. I love this program and thanks for your effort Kyle.

Now just a few things I have run into since I downloaded it for my kindle.

1- the program is crashing when I try to select a feat or weapon while I am customizing creatures.

2- is there any other way to create custom monsters? on the combat tab I know I can edit the monster there but when I clear the tab and try to put the monster back on the tab all my adjustments are gone.

1- I'll take a look at this tonight. I put in some fixes for weapon editing which just went live in a new build yesterday evening. I didn't know there were any problems with the feats.

2- There's no custom monster DB feature right now. You have to edit the monster while it's the only monster in the monster list and save it as a cmpt file.

ok thanks for the response. I will give that a try.


Excellent! Got it.

Thanks so much, Sethvir. :)


Love the app, Would be great if there was a little text pad I could keep track of custom notes at or something along the lines.

OH big question I meant to ask. It doesn't seem to be taking into account the weapon finesse feat when I add it, am I doing something wrong or should I just be manually calculating it?


Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Companion, Lost Omens, Rulebook Subscriber
Talcrion wrote:

Love the app, Would be great if there was a little text pad I could keep track of custom notes at or something along the lines.

OH big question I meant to ask. It doesn't seem to be taking into account the weapon finesse feat when I add it, am I doing something wrong or should I just be manually calculating it?

There's a note field on characters. I haven't created any more global notes because I don't think I would be as good as using something like OneNote or Evernote.

I don't guarantee all feats will be taken into account, but Weapon Finesse should be working. I think it may not be recalculating after you add the feat. If you open the attacks editor and close I think weapon finesse will probably work. I'll take a look at this and see what's up.


Asmo wrote:
andarsis wrote:

I just recently downloaded the Combat Manager to my Pad Mini and so far I really like what I am seeing. One thing I have not located either on the Combat Manager site or here is a user guide?

Did I miss it along he way? I've figured out how to save encounters and my player group but I'd really like to import them from Hero Lab. My campaign is NPC heavy so I tend to run more characters than straight up monsters.

A nudge in the right direction would be appreciated...I did try searching for it prior to posting just in case it was buried in the thread.

I´ve been asking for some sort of tutorial/user guide for quite a while.

I don´t think it's high on the priority list.

Asmo

I emailed Kyle and he knows there needs to be a tutorial or videos.


Concerning the iPad App...looks like recent changes have caused a serious bug. I thought at first it was just me but reviewing the App Store I see numerous reviews all stating that saving or accessing save files is causing a crash.

I have an iPad mini and have deleted and reinstalled the app with no outside files (I had Hero Lab portfolios).

I added a single generic player and selected the Save File icon. I named and saved the file. I then deleted the player and tapped the Files icon and the app crashed.

I reopened the App and the player was still on the left side as if I had not deleted it. I manually deleted it again and selected the Save icon and the app crashed. I reopened and the player was again there. I selected the File icon and the app crashed.

So in summary, once a file is saved it cannot be loaded nor can new files be saved and it's not deleting players, which may be unrelated.

The app rating has taken a beating but I believe most will return the ratings to 4-5 once this function is restored.

Good luck!


andarsis wrote:

Concerning the iPad App...looks like recent changes have caused a serious bug. I thought at first it was just me but reviewing the App Store I see numerous reviews all stating that saving or accessing save files is causing a crash.

I have an iPad mini and have deleted and reinstalled the app with no outside files (I had Hero Lab portfolios).

I added a single generic player and selected the Save File icon. I named and saved the file. I then deleted the player and tapped the Files icon and the app crashed.

I reopened the App and the player was still on the left side as if I had not deleted it. I manually deleted it again and selected the Save icon and the app crashed. I reopened and the player was again there. I selected the File icon and the app crashed.

So in summary, once a file is saved it cannot be loaded nor can new files be saved and it's not deleting players, which may be unrelated.

The app rating has taken a beating but I believe most will return the ratings to 4-5 once this function is restored.

Good luck!

I heard from Kyle and the fix for the iPad crashing issue is already submitted and waiting for Apple approval. Should have resolution in the next day or so.


Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Companion, Lost Omens, Rulebook Subscriber
andarsis wrote:
I heard from Kyle and the fix for the iPad crashing issue is already submitted and waiting for Apple approval. Should have resolution in the next day or so.

Yeah, I'm just waiting for the app to get through the approval queue. Average time was 4 days last week, but it looks like it's 5 days this week. It could happen at any moment.


Hi Kyle,
I want to say thank you for creating and maintaining such an amazing application and for being open to all the ideas/suggestions/critiques that have been offered. I've been making use of combat manager for the past 4 years and I think it's made all the difference in my campaigns.
That said, I've noticed that when I call up a NPC (for instance drow matron) from the monster tab the app crashes. I'm running windows 8 app version 1.5.5. Not sure if this is a real issue or just my computer but I thought I'd make you aware.
Best.
-M


Azaryth wrote:

Hi Kyle,

That said, I've noticed that when I call up a NPC (for instance drow matron) from the monster tab the app crashes. I'm running windows 8 app version 1.5.5. Not sure if this is a real issue or just my computer but I thought I'd make you aware.
Best.
-M

I just tried that using the Drow Matron and there were no problems. Try uninstalling, making sure to manually delete any files left over, then re-install and see what happens. Of course, I'm using Windows 8.1. So, it might just be a Windows 8 thing. In which case, upgrade to 8.1. It's free to do it, anyway.

Hope that helps.


mistamichal wrote:
Azaryth wrote:

Hi Kyle,

That said, I've noticed that when I call up a NPC (for instance drow matron) from the monster tab the app crashes. I'm running windows 8 app version 1.5.5. Not sure if this is a real issue or just my computer but I thought I'd make you aware.
Best.
-M

I just tried that using the Drow Matron and there were no problems. Try uninstalling, making sure to manually delete any files left over, then re-install and see what happens. Of course, I'm using Windows 8.1. So, it might just be a Windows 8 thing. In which case, upgrade to 8.1. It's free to do it, anyway.

Hope that helps.

This did help. I upgraded to 8.1 and the issues seem to have vanished.

Thanks!


Azaryth wrote:


This did help. I upgraded to 8.1 and the issues seem to have vanished.
Thanks!

You're Welcome.


Hey! I wanted to say thank you for this awesome tool, and I would like to contribute some insight since I know that it's come up before.

I currently have CombatManager 1.5.5 running on Ubuntu 13.10 using playonlinux and wine 1.6.

I had to jump through a couple hoops since ubuntu likes to default to wine 1.4, but it really wasn't terribly hard:
- Install playonlinux
- Add ppa:ubuntu-wine/ppa to your ubuntu software repositories
- run "sudo apt-get install wine1.6" in terminal (purge previous versions as needed)
- playonlinux: install a non-listed program
- When you come to the screen with checkboxes: check use another version of wine (just to be sure) and install some libraries
- Use the system version of wine (which should be 1.6 unless you botched that part)
- Install dotnet40 (which I think is listed as POL_dotnet40_something, just check that)
- Select the CM installer file

The end! Really happy I got it working. I haven't done much in the way of extensive testing yet, but it seems to do everything I need it to. I'll update if I have any problems with it during my game next week.

Proof: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8244471/combatmanager-ubuntu.png


Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Companion, Lost Omens, Rulebook Subscriber
Darpeh wrote:

Hey! I wanted to say thank you for this awesome tool, and I would like to contribute some insight since I know that it's come up before.

I currently have CombatManager 1.5.5 running on Ubuntu 13.10 using playonlinux and wine 1.6.

Awesome! I'll find a place to link these instructions CM homepage.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

First off, thanks to Kyle for creating and regularly updating this great program. :)

Secondly, there is an issue I've noticed. I regularly use the advanced template on monsters, since my group is non-standard size and has quite experienced players. The only problem is that when I use the advance monster button in the application, the skills part of the statblock disappears. I presume that this is not something which should be happening and wanted to bring it to your attention.


Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Companion, Lost Omens, Rulebook Subscriber
magnuskn wrote:

First off, thanks to Kyle for creating and regularly updating this great program. :)

Secondly, there is an issue I've noticed. I regularly use the advanced template on monsters, since my group is non-standard size and has quite experienced players. The only problem is that when I use the advance monster button in the application, the skills part of the statblock disappears. I presume that this is not something which should be happening and wanted to bring it to your attention.

Thanks. I've found the bug (I think) and I'll have a fix in the next release.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

You're welcome and thank you once again for this great application. It really helps a ton with my prep work.


First off, let me just say that after toying with almost every single combat management tool on the Google Play Store, this is quite easily the best one I've found. (I had to uninstall and reinstall, because it was crashing out as soon as I tried to load monsters, spells, treasure, anything other than feats really...Samsung Galaxy Tab 3, working fine now though).

The one glaring absence that I've seen in monster customization is the ability to add new monster templates. I'm going to be running the Reign of Winter soon, and while you have the winter redcap found in the adventure path listed as "Winter Fey," the lack of a winter template for other creatures is a hefty gap.

I'm not sure if there is a way to do so on the Android version even though the PC version allows it, but is it possible on the app to import custom content such as monsters? Being able to build the missing monsters on PC and then moving them over to my tablet would be a decent workaround


Just wanted to say thanks for adding the capability to do initiative every round! It was not immediately clear where to find it, but eventually I figured out that you had to right click on the roll initiative button. I initially looked under settings, so that I could just make it a default so maybe an option for the future? Thanks again, super handy program!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
drew m wrote:

...

The one glaring absence that I've seen in monster customization is the ability to add new monster templates. I'm going to be running the Reign of Winter soon, and while you have the winter redcap found in the adventure path listed as "Winter Fey," the lack of a winter template for other creatures is a hefty gap.

I'm not sure if there is a way to do so on the Android version even though the PC version allows it, but is it possible on the app to import custom content such as monsters? Being able to build the missing monsters on PC and then moving them over to my tablet would be a decent workaround

While I don't use the android version. I can give you the information to add the Winter-Touched Fey Template to the PC version.

This assumes you have a familiarity with Visual studio and C# + WPF.
First download the source code, the link is on the Combat Manager site.
[Combat Manager at SourceForge]

In the MainWindow.xaml file search for this tabcontrol {TabControl x:Name="OtherTemplateTabControl"}
Paste the following code within preferably after the Zombie TabItem.

WPF Code:

<TabItem x:Name="WinterTab" Background="Transparent" BorderBrush="#00000000">
<TabItem.Header>Winter Fey</TabItem.Header>
</TabItem>

Then in the MainWindow.cs code behind file, search for the following method {void AdvanceMonsterFromExpander(Monster monster)},
insert the following code.

Template Call:

if (OtherTemplateTabControl.SelectedItem == WinterTab)
{
if (monster.MakeWinterFey())
{
monster.Name = "Winter " + monster.Name;
}
}

Finally in monster.cs insert the following Code, Preferably after the {makezombie] method.

Template Code:

public bool MakeWinterFey()
{
if (String.Compare(Type, "fey", StringComparison.OrdinalIgnoreCase) != 0)
{
return false;
}
//make alignment evil
AlignmentType align = ParseAlignment(Alignment);
align.Moral = MoralAxis.Evil;
Alignment = AlignmentText(align);
subType = "(Cold)";

//Numbing Cold
var ab = new SpecialAbility();
SpecialAttacks = AddToStringList(SpecialAttacks, "Numbing Cold");
ab.Name = "Numbing Cold";
ab.Type = "Su";
DieRoll roll = HDRoll;
ab.Text = "DC: " + (10+Math.Floor(((decimal)roll.count/2)) + AbilityBonus(Constitution)) + "; ";
ab.Text += "Any creature hit by a winter-touched creature's attacks (natural or weapon) must succeed at a Fortitude save or be staggered for 1 round. The save DC is Constitution-based.";
SpecialAbilitiesList.Add(ab);
return true;
}

Hope this was useful.


Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

There seems to be a problem with custom conditions that directly add to saves. It seems like they're applied inconsistently, and I haven't found a right pattern to it yet.


Dreaming Psion wrote:
There seems to be a problem with custom conditions that directly add to saves. It seems like they're applied inconsistently, and I haven't found a right pattern to it yet.

I see the problem, the binding on the fort box and the allsaves box are incorrect, they are crossed.


Kyle Olson wrote:
magnuskn wrote:

First off, thanks to Kyle for creating and regularly updating this great program. :)

Secondly, there is an issue I've noticed. I regularly use the advanced template on monsters, since my group is non-standard size and has quite experienced players. The only problem is that when I use the advance monster button in the application, the skills part of the statblock disappears. I presume that this is not something which should be happening and wanted to bring it to your attention.

Thanks. I've found the bug (I think) and I'll have a fix in the next release.

Excellent! I'd found a similar bug (very likely the same one, in fact) that removes the skills from all of my custom monsters when I export and import them. I took some screenshots from my desktop, then my laptop when I imported an NPC I've been working on.

Before: http://i.imgur.com/x9UYNIu.png

After: http://i.imgur.com/bD5ksVB.png

Both in 1.5.5 on Windows 7. I can send the export file itself if you'd like it, but I suspect this is easy enough to reproduce.

Also, I'd also like to say thanks for this program. It's ridiculously helpful and amazing. So, thank you!


Actually, the bug you speak of is more extensive than that. If you try to Customize or Edit, each time after the first during any single opening of Combat Manager will be lost upon closing and opening it.

Er, to wit, if I try to Customize a Kobold and change the skills, the program won't save the changes. Same if you're on the second edit of the same monster, every change after the first is ignored completely. Sometimes, as you say, it all just vanishes.


How do you import from herolab?

I can't seem to find an export option in herolab that makes a .cmx file.

I just found this program. Wish I'd found it a year ago.


Irish Wet Dog wrote:

How do you import from herolab?

I can't seem to find an export option in herolab that makes a .cmx file.

I just found this program. Wish I'd found it a year ago.

click on the folder button on the "party roster" one of the file types available is .por.

Note: The Hero Lab import has some issues, a rewrite of the routine is in progress, however Hero Lab does not provide a well formatted or complete output in .por files so this is taking some time.


Hello, I've got another feature request. I noticed that I can manually change the name of a weapon from, say, "+1 longsword" to "+1 adamantine longsword", but in doing so, it loses it's ability to track bonuses from things like haste, custom addons like power attack, etc. When I look at the weapon using the normal tab, it has been moved to the natural weapon area. Is there a proper way to do this? I also do this to add weapon specials like "agile" which aren't on your rather short list of weapon specials. Would it be possible to add the ones from the Ultimate Equipment book, at least?

I notice (with the PC version), you have a little notepad that can pop up to add notes, but it doesn't remember notes or stick around. How is that used?

thanks!


JLendon wrote:
... I noticed that I can manually change the name of a weapon from, say, "+1 longsword" to "+1 adamantine longsword", but in doing so, it loses it's ability to track bonuses from things like haste, custom addons like power attack, etc.

I cannot duplicate this everything works fine for me. Can you give me the steps you use to make the change.

JLendon wrote:
When I look at the weapon using the normal tab, it has been moved to the natural weapon area. Is there a proper way to do this?
The way combat manger does weapons is a little strange it tries to parse the weapon type as a backer weapon for stats. If it fails to resolve the name correctly it goes a little weird. I will look into resolving this shortly
JLendon wrote:
I also do this to add weapon specials like "agile" which aren't on your rather short list of weapon specials. Would it be possible to add the ones from the Ultimate Equipment book, at least?

I will see what I can do, some are difficult to make work in a program.

JLendon wrote:


I notice (with the PC version), you have a little notepad that can pop up to add notes, but it doesn't remember notes or stick around. How is that used?

thanks!

Can you explain a little. The note section when I try it works fine. Its default is to disappear when not focused due to its use of lots of screen space. It always retains its information, what are you doing when it goes away.

Careful: Too many bugs in one place can make a swarm.


I would like to reiterate that I love your program, and ask again for some way to max the HP of monsters. So if the monster is 13d8 + 117 the hit points equal 221.


Pathfinder Rulebook Subscriber

Incredibly happy to have the android version now. This pretty much removes my only reservation about wholeheartedly recommending such devices (over comparable Apple products) to other players and GMs.

That said, I'm not sure if it is specific to my Nexus 10, but the three drop down buttons that allow selection of monster type, NPC vs monster, etc. do not have labels on my screen. Also, the buttons are of varying width as if conforming to the size of some entry contained in the list. (I can provide a screenshot this evening if desired.)

On a side note, is there a way to import custom monsters from the desktop version?

Thanks for the ongoing development, btw. :)


Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Companion, Lost Omens, Rulebook Subscriber
Laithoron wrote:

Incredibly happy to have the android version now. This pretty much removes my only reservation about wholeheartedly recommending such devices (over comparable Apple products) to other players and GMs.

That said, I'm not sure if it is specific to my Nexus 10, but the three drop down buttons that allow selection of monster type, NPC vs monster, etc. do not have labels on my screen. Also, the buttons are of varying width as if conforming to the size of some entry contained in the list. (I can provide a screenshot this evening if desired.)

On a side note, is there a way to import custom monsters from the desktop version?

Thanks for the ongoing development, btw. :)

Can you take a photo of this and send it to combatman@kyleolson.com?


The additional hit dice if you add classes is still wonky. I tried to add a couple of fighter levels (+2d10) to a lizardfolk and it didn't work right. Try it, and you'll see what I mean.

1,851 to 1,900 of 2,460 << first < prev | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Pathfinder / Pathfinder First Edition / Homebrew and House Rules / Combat Manager application All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.