>>Ask *James Jacobs* ALL your Questions Here!<<


Off-Topic Discussions

851 to 900 of 83,732 << first < prev | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | next > last >>
Liberty's Edge

JMD031 wrote:
Xpltvdeleted wrote:
JMD031 wrote:

...

2. Do you find Dane Cook to still be funny?
...
There was a time when he was funny?

That was the point I was eventually going to make. Thanks for ruining my joke.

Sorry :( I always have to comment when I see "Dane Cook" and "funny" in the same sentence...it's an atrocity so great that it should never be allowed to stand.


Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Companion, Lost Omens, Rulebook, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
James Jacobs wrote:
Justin Franklin wrote:
James Jacobs wrote:
Justin Franklin wrote:
James Jacobs wrote:
Justin Franklin wrote:
If something productive was ever said in one of the psionic threads would anyone notice?
There's been PLENTY productive on those threads. I've noticed some of it.
Well then you are braver man then I to continue reading them. What do you think of the idea of psionics working similar to the way they do now except with spell levels instead of PPs, using the same feats and spells that already exist?

I think that's a good place to start, but I also think that it's not far enough. The flavor of psionics is kind of dry—it needs a good dose of real world myth and flavor. As in: the psionic classes need to have names that immediately evoke cool ideas for characters.

"Wilder" and "soulknife" do not do that, but words like "mesmerist" or "spiritualist" do.

Awesome, so when can I start playtesting it?

later

Is it later yet?

How abut now?

Paizo Employee Creative Director

Jason Beardsley wrote:
James Jacobs wrote:
Jason Beardsley wrote:
Have you read Roger Zelazny's Amber Chronicles? If so, what are your thoughts on it?
Haven't read it.

That surprises me actually. I highly recommend reading it. Originally printed as 10 separate books, you can find it now at book stores as one large book.

Is there a PF Module, or other product, that explores duergar, and explains how they came to be, similar to what Second Darkness did for drow?

My reading habits skew VERY heavily toward horror, and then to pulp-era writers, and then to modern fantasy/sci-fi. Amber never really fit into the zone for me.

We haven't done much at all about duergar except in "Into the Darklands" and I believe a little bit in "Dwarves of Golarion."

Paizo Employee Creative Director

Justin Franklin wrote:
So can we expect the Worldwound AP to end with issue 66?

What I've currently got planned for the volume that ends on #66 does not involve the Worldwound.

(And the concept of the Abyss having 666 layers is something that is more WotC than Paizo anyway...)


1) Favorite John Carpenter film?
2) Favorite Black Sabbath Song (if any)?
3) Why the obsession with arctic themes?
4) Favorite Sport to watch?

Paizo Employee Creative Director

joela wrote:
James Jacobs wrote:
It's a super hard job, made even more difficult today by overly conservative and inflexible government regulations, but it's a rewarding job in a lot of ways.
Is Discovery Channel's Deadliest Catch a realistic portrayal of the profession?

It is. Although my experiences on the sea with my dad are a LOT less harrowing.

Paizo Employee Creative Director

Larcifer wrote:

1) Favorite John Carpenter film?

2) Favorite Black Sabbath Song (if any)?
3) Why the obsession with arctic themes?
4) Favorite Sport to watch?

1) The Thing

2) None; never listened to them.
3) See #1.
4) None; not a sports fan.

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
James Jacobs wrote:
Auxmaulous wrote:


top 5 westerns (could also be shows)

1) The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly

2) The Valley of Gwangi
3) Deadwood
4) Pale Rider
5) Unforgiven

Interestingly enough Clint Eastwood has stated that his character in Unforgiven is the original Man With No Name.


1) Have you watched Zietgiest?
2) Opinon?
3) Have you watched Zietgiest Addendum?
4) Opinion?

Dark Archive

Whom would be including in your Paizo staff "dreamteam" to develop the APs, Pathfinder accessories, the corebook, etc.? Monte Cook? Nicholas Logue? And...?

Sovereign Court

Red pill or blue pill?

Sovereign Court

Who is John Galt?

Sovereign Court

If you had a theme song, what would it be?

Sovereign Court

Vikings or Packers?

Sovereign Court

What is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow?


Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Companion, Lost Omens, Rulebook, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Callous Jack wrote:
If you had a theme song, what would it be? Vikings or Packers?

He has a theme song Studpuffin wrote it about a week ago.:) And Packers obviously.


James Jacobs wrote:


4) None; not a sports fan.

Ah. A golfer.

Sovereign Court

Kajehase wrote:
James Jacobs wrote:


4) None; not a sports fan.
Ah. A golfer.

Or maybe he likes NASCAR?


Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Companion, Lost Omens, Rulebook Subscriber

Have you read a Wayfinder from cover to cover? :)

Do you have a Fav wayfinder article?

Sovereign Court

Hugo Solis wrote:

Have you read a Wayfinder from cover to cover? :)

Do you have a Fav wayfinder article?

Nice!

Paizo Employee Creative Director

Larcifer wrote:

1) Have you watched Zietgiest?

2) Opinon?
3) Have you watched Zietgiest Addendum?
4) Opinion?

1) Nope.

2) No opinion.
3) See 1 above.
4) See 2 above.

Paizo Employee Creative Director

joela wrote:
Whom would be including in your Paizo staff "dreamteam" to develop the APs, Pathfinder accessories, the corebook, etc.? Monte Cook? Nicholas Logue? And...?

A clone of me, a clone of Wes Schneider, or a clone of Rob McCreary.

Dark Archive

James Jacobs wrote:
joela wrote:
Whom would be including in your Paizo staff "dreamteam" to develop the APs, Pathfinder accessories, the corebook, etc.? Monte Cook? Nicholas Logue? And...?
A clone of me, a clone of Wes Schneider, or a clone of Rob McCreary.

Huh. I know they've all done work on the various APs but what makes them stand out from a clone of Jason Buhlman or Greg A. Vaughan?

Paizo Employee Creative Director

Callous Jack wrote:
Red pill or blue pill?

Blue pill.

Paizo Employee Creative Director

joela wrote:
James Jacobs wrote:
joela wrote:
Whom would be including in your Paizo staff "dreamteam" to develop the APs, Pathfinder accessories, the corebook, etc.? Monte Cook? Nicholas Logue? And...?
A clone of me, a clone of Wes Schneider, or a clone of Rob McCreary.
Huh. I know they've all done work on the various APs but what makes them stand out from a clone of Jason Buhlman or Greg A. Vaughan?

The fact that the skills required to be a great developer are NOT the same as those required to be a great rules designer (like Jason) or a great adventure designer (like Greg).

Paizo Employee Creative Director

Callous Jack wrote:
Who is John Galt?

Some dude from some story someone done wrote!

Paizo Employee Creative Director

Callous Jack wrote:
If you had a theme song, what would it be?

"Sawhorse Middleschool."

Dark Archive

James Jacobs wrote:
joela wrote:
James Jacobs wrote:
joela wrote:
Whom would be including in your Paizo staff "dreamteam" to develop the APs, Pathfinder accessories, the corebook, etc.? Monte Cook? Nicholas Logue? And...?
A clone of me, a clone of Wes Schneider, or a clone of Rob McCreary.
Huh. I know they've all done work on the various APs but what makes them stand out from a clone of Jason Buhlman or Greg A. Vaughan?
The fact that the skills required to be a great developer are NOT the same as those required to be a great rules designer (like Jason) or a great adventure designer (like Greg).

+1.

Paizo Employee Creative Director

Callous Jack wrote:
Kajehase wrote:
James Jacobs wrote:


4) None; not a sports fan.
Ah. A golfer.
Or maybe he likes NASCAR?

Eew. No.

Paizo Employee Creative Director

Hugo Solis wrote:

Have you read a Wayfinder from cover to cover? :)

Do you have a Fav wayfinder article?

Nope.

The Kaiju article is pretty snazzy.


James Jacobs wrote:
Callous Jack wrote:
Kajehase wrote:
James Jacobs wrote:


4) None; not a sports fan.
Ah. A golfer.
Or maybe he likes NASCAR?
Eew. No.

Pro bass fishing? Ice dancing? Tug-of-rope? Snake charming? Ladies mud wrestling?


Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Companion, Lost Omens, Rulebook Subscriber
James Jacobs wrote:
joela wrote:
Whom would be including in your Paizo staff "dreamteam" to develop the APs, Pathfinder accessories, the corebook, etc.? Monte Cook? Nicholas Logue? And...?
A clone of me, a clone of Wes Schneider, or a clone of Rob McCreary.

What about a few clones of Sarah Robinson? :)

Dark Archive

Hugo Solis wrote:
James Jacobs wrote:
joela wrote:
Whom would be including in your Paizo staff "dreamteam" to develop the APs, Pathfinder accessories, the corebook, etc.? Monte Cook? Nicholas Logue? And...?
A clone of me, a clone of Wes Schneider, or a clone of Rob McCreary.
What about a few clones of Sarah Robinson? :)

James doesn't want the competition ^_^


Can Golarion elves hear a dog whistle (not an anti-elf comment, just curious about their range of hearing)?

If you tie bloody porkchops around a dwarf's neck, why won't starving worgs play with him?

Where did carrots originate on Golarion?

Liberty's Edge

Ambrosia Slaad wrote:


Where did carrots originate on Golarion?

It's funny you should ask that, I just wrote something about using a carrot with ironwood cast on it being used as a dagger...

Dark Archive

Buffy, Wonder Woman, or Xena?

Dark Archive

James Jacobs wrote:


My reading habits skew VERY heavily toward horror, and then to pulp-era writers, and then to modern fantasy/sci-fi. Amber never really fit into the zone for me.

We haven't done much at all about duergar except in "Into the Darklands" and I believe a little bit in "Dwarves of Golarion."

1) If I had a copy of The Amber Chronicles to your Paizo office, would you read it?

2) Are there any plans, in the (hopefully) near future, to delve into the topic of Duergar, and other 'evil versions' of other races?


Jason Beardsley wrote:
James Jacobs wrote:


My reading habits skew VERY heavily toward horror, and then to pulp-era writers, and then to modern fantasy/sci-fi. Amber never really fit into the zone for me.

We haven't done much at all about duergar except in "Into the Darklands" and I believe a little bit in "Dwarves of Golarion."

1) If I had a copy of The Amber Chronicles to your Paizo office, would you read it?

2) Are there any plans, in the (hopefully) near future, to delve into the topic of Duergar, and other 'evil versions' of other races?

The Amber Chronicles are very Pulpy. He may have been a "modern" author but Zelazney was one of the best. Well worth the time to read and it goes very fast. Also pick up the book "Manna From Heaven" which is a Posthumous release including the short stories that would have made a new set of Amber stories. Ignore at all cost the new Amber books though that were not made by him but rather are a sad attempt to milk money from a potential cash cow. I am very much interested in the new RPG from Rite publishing as well.

Dark Archive

The Crimson Jester, Rogue Lord wrote:


The Amber Chronicles are very Pulpy. He may have been a "modern" author but Zelazney was one of the best.

That he was!

Quote:


Well worth the time to read and it goes very fast. Also pick up the book "Manna From Heaven" which is a Posthumous release including the short stories that would have made a new set of Amber stories.

I'll check that out!

Quote:


Ignore at all cost the new Amber books though that were not made by him but rather are a sad attempt to milk money from a potential cash cow.

I was very angry when I first found out about this. Apparently, I wasn't the only one. Looked up some info, and it seems like those who knew Zelazny the best were extremely upset about it as well. Especially, one of his dying wishes was that nobody wrote anything for his 'world'.

Quote:


I am very much interested in the new RPG from Rite publishing as well.

Well then.. I didn't realize they were doing anything with Amber. I'll have to give it a look-see..



here you go.

Paizo Employee Creative Director

Hugo Solis wrote:
James Jacobs wrote:
joela wrote:
Whom would be including in your Paizo staff "dreamteam" to develop the APs, Pathfinder accessories, the corebook, etc.? Monte Cook? Nicholas Logue? And...?
A clone of me, a clone of Wes Schneider, or a clone of Rob McCreary.
What about a few clones of Sarah Robinson? :)

That would be VERY helpful. But not for the job of developing APs. Clones of Sarah let loose on developing jobs would not be good—it'd be like letting us developers lay out a book's design. No one would be happy. There would be tears.

Paizo Employee Creative Director

Ambrosia Slaad wrote:

Can Golarion elves hear a dog whistle (not an anti-elf comment, just curious about their range of hearing)?

If you tie bloody porkchops around a dwarf's neck, why won't starving worgs play with him?

Where did carrots originate on Golarion?

Golarion elves probably can hear higher and lower pitched sounds than humans. I like it!

Because the worgs don't want pictures of them playing with a dwarf to show up on the internet. And because the worgs don't wanna catch fleas or ticks.

Carrots originate from the ground. Usually from where one might have planted carrot seeds.

Paizo Employee Creative Director

joela wrote:
Buffy, Wonder Woman, or Xena?

Xena. Especially if that brings along Gabrielle and Callisto.

Paizo Employee Creative Director

Jason Beardsley wrote:

1) If I had a copy of The Amber Chronicles to your Paizo office, would you read it?

2) Are there any plans, in the (hopefully) near future, to delve into the topic of Duergar, and other 'evil versions' of other races?

1) Probably not, because I've got dozens and dozens of other books I bought for myself to read that I haven't read yet.

2) No plans in the immediate future to do much with duergar. And I'm trying REALLY hard to not let "evil versions" of races run amok out there. Drow and duergar and tieflings is probably enough.

Dark Archive

Weight-training or cardio?

Diet or lipo?

Paizo Employee Creative Director

joela wrote:

Weight-training or cardio?

Diet or lipo?

Cardio.

Diet.

Dark Archive

What's the genesis of Baria? And is it the setting for your novels?


OK so we hit 1000+ posts, so tell use something we don't know?

Also I just watched Unforgiven and Out Law Josey Wales which on do you like more?

Best line for them?

Are there any good Wild West RPGs out there no a days?

The Exchange

How badly was your prissy little knocked kneed singy-songy bow legged pointy ear elf beaten by that dwarf fighter that you still have such hatred for the stout folk?


Moorluck wrote:
How badly was your prissy little knocked kneed singy-songy bow legged pointy ear elf beaten by that dwarf fighter that you still have such hatred for the stout folk?

My guess is pretty badly. And nasty.

Or JJ just doesn't like the shorties.

851 to 900 of 83,732 << first < prev | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Off-Topic Discussions / >>Ask *James Jacobs* ALL your Questions Here!<< All Messageboards