>>Ask *James Jacobs* ALL your Questions Here!<<


Off-Topic Discussions

44,451 to 44,500 of 78,524 << first < prev | 885 | 886 | 887 | 888 | 889 | 890 | 891 | 892 | 893 | 894 | 895 | next > last >>

Are there any chaotic gods that have large temples dedicated to them?


Are there Dragons that live on the planes of Nirvana/Heaven/Elysium?


Bob790 wrote:
Are there any chaotic gods that have large temples dedicated to them?

Calistria.

Paizo Employee Creative Director

zerzix wrote:

Hey James,

Just watched latest episode of Game of Thrones! w0ot.

1. If you had to stat out Jamie Lannister at his best and existed in Golarion (Class? Level?)

2. Who on Golarion (if any) is known as THE best (most famous) swordsmen/warrior?

1) Fighter. As for level... that's hard to pin down for fictional characters. He's badass, but not the best. Probably 15th level.

2) Not sure there IS one that everyone agrees is the best. Probably because it's a Player Character.

Paizo Employee Creative Director

Archpaladin Zousha wrote:
James Jacobs wrote:
Archpaladin Zousha wrote:
What do you think of the "creepy-but-not-evil" character archetype? The kind of characters (usually PCS) who belong to a species or profession normally associated with bad guys (tieflings, necromancers, twisted alchemists, Lovecraftian groupies, etc.) but either just sort of wanna be left alone or are actually helpful to visitors and are more misunderstood than actively bad? I'm finding that this is an archetype I keep coming back to for PCs, with lots of tiefling paladins and dhampir inquisitors and good changeling mages...

I'm probably responsible for a large number of the creepy but not evil characters in the game, in fact. Laori Vaus is probably the most famous one, but there's certainly others out there.

That said, I"m also a fan of the creepy but ACTUALLY evil PC.

What IS it about Laori Vaus that made her so popular?

How do you deal with a creepy but ACTUALLY evil PC? I imagine it has to be in an all-evil party to avoid conflict...

I suspect the fact that she was so chipper and friendly about things that most folks are all grim and serious about.

As for how I deal with creepy AND evil PCs? By being lucky enough to have mature players in the group capable of handling that.

Paizo Employee Creative Director

John Kretzer wrote:

Hey James got a question for you...

What does Milani and her clergy think and feel about what is going in Galt? Are they involved at all in Galt?

I would suspect they feel like Galt is an atrocity of swiftly approaching apocalyptic proportions, where many of the fundamental beliefs of the church are perverted and glorified in all the wrong ways. Milani is about revolution... but the idea of constant never-ending revolution is pretty much the exact opposite of her goal. In fact... if she could engineer a world where her faith wouldn't have anything to do, she'd do it in a heartbeat.

Paizo Employee Creative Director

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Bob790 wrote:
Are there any chaotic gods that have large temples dedicated to them?

Absolutely. Being chaotic has nothing to do with how big your temple gets to be.

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Companion, Lost Omens, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber
James Jacobs wrote:
Bob790 wrote:
Are there any chaotic gods that have large temples dedicated to them?
Absolutely. Being chaotic has nothing to do with how big your temple gets to be.

What is the largest temple in Golarion?

Paizo Employee Creative Director

xavier c wrote:
Are there Dragons that live on the planes of Nirvana/Heaven/Elysium?

Yes.

Dragons pretty much can be encountered anywhere. Especially if it's a place adventures can occur at.

Paizo Employee Creative Director

Rysky wrote:
James Jacobs wrote:
Bob790 wrote:
Are there any chaotic gods that have large temples dedicated to them?
Absolutely. Being chaotic has nothing to do with how big your temple gets to be.
What is the largest temple in Golarion?

I'm guessing the Starstone Cathedral... but that said... I generally try to avoid speaking in hyperbolic language unless I'm specifically creating a case of the "biggest" for an adventure or location.

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Companion, Lost Omens, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber
James Jacobs wrote:
John Kretzer wrote:

Hey James got a question for you...

What does Milani and her clergy think and feel about what is going in Galt? Are they involved at all in Galt?

I would suspect they feel like Galt is an atrocity of swiftly approaching apocalyptic proportions, where many of the fundamental beliefs of the church are perverted and glorified in all the wrong ways. Milani is about revolution... but the idea of constant never-ending revolution is pretty much the exact opposite of her goal. In fact... if she could engineer a world where her faith wouldn't have anything to do, she'd do it in a heartbeat.

Why did Andoran and Galt's revolutions go in such wildly different directions, Andoran becoming a relatively stable and mostly happy nation, while Galt is, as you say, an atrocity of swiftly approaching apocalyptic proportions?


James Jacobs wrote:
Milani is about revolution... but the idea of constant never-ending revolution is pretty much the exact opposite of her goal. In fact... if she could engineer a world where her faith wouldn't have anything to do, she'd do it in a heartbeat.

So in addition to her regular portfolio, she's also the goddess of self-obsolescence? ;D

I actually kind of like that notion; a god whose end goal is essentially so selfless that the accomplishment of it would make her existence unnecessary.


How long does it take to travel by river from Cassomir to Kenebres?

I'm sure it's referenced somewhere but for once I don't know.


Archpaladin Zousha wrote:
James Jacobs wrote:
John Kretzer wrote:

Hey James got a question for you...

What does Milani and her clergy think and feel about what is going in Galt? Are they involved at all in Galt?

I would suspect they feel like Galt is an atrocity of swiftly approaching apocalyptic proportions, where many of the fundamental beliefs of the church are perverted and glorified in all the wrong ways. Milani is about revolution... but the idea of constant never-ending revolution is pretty much the exact opposite of her goal. In fact... if she could engineer a world where her faith wouldn't have anything to do, she'd do it in a heartbeat.
Why did Andoran and Galt's revolutions go in such wildly different directions, Andoran becoming a relatively stable and mostly happy nation, while Galt is, as you say, an atrocity of swiftly approaching apocalyptic proportions?

One could easily ask the same thing about the American and French revolutions, since those are what Andoran and Galt are loosely based upon.


Hi James,

I hope you are having a lovely Sunday, and not too inundated with project deadlines

Anyway, I was in Hastings the other day and thinking about horror movies, which inspired these questions

1) What do decade do you consider the best for horror film, and why?

2) What was the worst decade (limiting yourself to say, the 1960's to today)

2) What is your opinion of the boom in zombie movies over the last decade? Good or bad for horror? and are you getting a bit tired/sick of zombies yet?

3) any predictions for the next big trend in Horror?

4) are there any particular genres/themes/monsters you would like to see more of in horror and think are currently underrepresented in the last decade or two?

5) What overall theme or trend have you most enjoyed in horror movies that have been made over the last decade?


James, have you had much involvement with the Mythic rules? If so, does the Mythic Gunslinger play like something out of a crazy action packed Wild West comic book? Or Red Dead Redemption? Is the system as completely perfect for Greek Mythology games as it looks to me?

Paizo Employee Creative Director

Archpaladin Zousha wrote:
James Jacobs wrote:
John Kretzer wrote:

Hey James got a question for you...

What does Milani and her clergy think and feel about what is going in Galt? Are they involved at all in Galt?

I would suspect they feel like Galt is an atrocity of swiftly approaching apocalyptic proportions, where many of the fundamental beliefs of the church are perverted and glorified in all the wrong ways. Milani is about revolution... but the idea of constant never-ending revolution is pretty much the exact opposite of her goal. In fact... if she could engineer a world where her faith wouldn't have anything to do, she'd do it in a heartbeat.
Why did Andoran and Galt's revolutions go in such wildly different directions, Andoran becoming a relatively stable and mostly happy nation, while Galt is, as you say, an atrocity of swiftly approaching apocalyptic proportions?

Reason 1: Because that let us set up two wildly different regions for telling stories based on similar histories that went in two different directions.

Reason 2: Because the revolution in Andoran was led by more charismatic people and because their revolution was non-self-destructive that actually appealed to the majority of the people of the nation.

Paizo Employee Creative Director

Cthulhudrew wrote:
James Jacobs wrote:
Milani is about revolution... but the idea of constant never-ending revolution is pretty much the exact opposite of her goal. In fact... if she could engineer a world where her faith wouldn't have anything to do, she'd do it in a heartbeat.

So in addition to her regular portfolio, she's also the goddess of self-obsolescence? ;D

I actually kind of like that notion; a god whose end goal is essentially so selfless that the accomplishment of it would make her existence unnecessary.

Not really, because she's also a realist and she knows that her goal of a world where revolution is an antiquated notion of the past is a fantasy.

Paizo Employee Creative Director

AlgaeNymph wrote:

How long does it take to travel by river from Cassomir to Kenebres?

I'm sure it's referenced somewhere but for once I don't know.

That's the type of question you don't need me to answer. You just need the rules for river travel (see Core Rulebook) and a measuring device and maps of the region and the time to figure it out. I'm sure someone here on the boards will be able to help!

Paizo Employee Creative Director

Kelsey MacAilbert wrote:
James, have you had much involvement with the Mythic rules? If so, does the Mythic Gunslinger play like something out of a crazy action packed Wild West comic book? Or Red Dead Redemption? Is the system as completely perfect for Greek Mythology games as it looks to me?

I pushed for the rules in the first place for Wrath of the Righteous's sake. I also did a pretty detailed development pass of the player character chapter and gave a lot of feedback there, and did a similar development pass on the adventure (although I would have liked to have been more involved with the adventure than I was), but that's about it.

The vast majority of my work with Mythic has been on the adventure construction and monster creation side of things.

Paizo Employee Creative Director

MMCJawa wrote:

Hi James,

I hope you are having a lovely Sunday, and not too inundated with project deadlines

Anyway, I was in Hastings the other day and thinking about horror movies, which inspired these questions

1) What do decade do you consider the best for horror film, and why?

2) What was the worst decade (limiting yourself to say, the 1960's to today)

2) What is your opinion of the boom in zombie movies over the last decade? Good or bad for horror? and are you getting a bit tired/sick of zombies yet?

3) any predictions for the next big trend in Horror?

4) are there any particular genres/themes/monsters you would like to see more of in horror and think are currently underrepresented in the last decade or two?

5) What overall theme or trend have you most enjoyed in horror movies that have been made over the last decade?

Less inudated with deadlines than last Sunday was, after me realizing that I was doing too much and backing out of several projects I was working on so as I could focus on the big one.

1) The best horror film is also the best film, but today, I'm not sure if that film is Alien or The Thing. What's best for a horror film is a slow buildup of dread, coupled with excellent acting, directing, mood, effects that don't take you out of the scene, and an effective score.

2) Depends what you're asking by worst. The worst decade for horror films is not the same as the worst decade for good weather or the worst decade for hope.

BONUS 2) It's good for horror. The fact that "The Walking Dead" is so popular has paved the way for a huge number of new shows and movies about not just zombies. Sure, there's plenty of bad in the mix, but I'd rather take an increase of bad mixed with an increase of good with just stagnation.

3) A resurgence of body horror, or perhaps a resurgence of existential horror (thanks to True Detective). Bigfoot horror seems to be on the rise as well.

4) Lovecraft is getting better, but his ideas (not necessarily his creatures) are still underrepresented... but not nearly as underrepresented as the work of Clark Ashton Smith or Ramsey Campbell. I'd LOVE to see some quality movies based on their work. I'd also like to see more movies about sea monsters.

5) I've enjoyed the latest zombie craze... but the found-footage trend is EASILY my favorite resurfaced trend. Blair Witch Project brought it out of the fringe and obscurity into the mainstream, and Paranormal Activity helped it stay mainstream.


Mr. James Jacobs,

Where on Golarion would large and possibly magical insect hives appear be? Its for a character idea I have.

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Companion, Lost Omens, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber
James Jacobs wrote:
Reason 1: Because that let us set up two wildly different regions for telling stories based on similar histories that went in two different directions.

I figured that was the "behind the scenes" reason. It usually is, which is totally cool. :)

Quote:
Reason 2: Because the revolution in Andoran was led by more charismatic people and because their revolution was non-self-destructive that actually appealed to the majority of the people of the nation.

How was Andoran's revolution non-self-destructive? Are you saying that basically the people of Galt were only united in their purpose (to drive Cheliax out of Galt) but not in their goals (each group's got their own agenda)?

On an unrelated note, what would be a way to play a snake-tailed person with hands? Serpentine sorcerers and Naga Aspirant druids don't have hands.

Grand Lodge

If you could would you convince Paizo to purchase the engine used by Bioware to make the NWN games and create a Pathfinder based version?

Paizo Employee Creative Director

The NPC wrote:

Mr. James Jacobs,

Where on Golarion would large and possibly magical insect hives appear be? Its for a character idea I have.

Southern Garund.

Paizo Employee Creative Director

Archpaladin Zousha wrote:

How was Andoran's revolution non-self-destructive? Are you saying that basically the people of Galt were only united in their purpose (to drive Cheliax out of Galt) but not in their goals (each group's got their own agenda)?

On an unrelated note, what would be a way to play a snake-tailed person with hands? Serpentine sorcerers and Naga Aspirant druids don't have hands.

Look at Andoran and Galt today. Andoran is a functional nation, and Galt is not. That's how it was non-self-destructive.

And try the race building rules in Advanced Race Guide! :-)

Paizo Employee Creative Director

Balancer wrote:
If you could would you convince Paizo to purchase the engine used by Bioware to make the NWN games and create a Pathfinder based version?

No... because no one at Paizo knows how to work with that engine to make awesome Bioware games, as far as I know.


Mr. James Jacobs,

Did the Armies of Exploration ever make it as far south as Southern Garund?


James Jacobs wrote:
MMCJawa wrote:

Hi James,

I hope you are having a lovely Sunday, and not too inundated with project deadlines

Anyway, I was in Hastings the other day and thinking about horror movies, which inspired these questions

1) What do decade do you consider the best for horror film, and why?

2) What was the worst decade (limiting yourself to say, the 1960's to today)

2) What is your opinion of the boom in zombie movies over the last decade? Good or bad for horror? and are you getting a bit tired/sick of zombies yet?

3) any predictions for the next big trend in Horror?

4) are there any particular genres/themes/monsters you would like to see more of in horror and think are currently underrepresented in the last decade or two?

5) What overall theme or trend have you most enjoyed in horror movies that have been made over the last decade?

Less inudated with deadlines than last Sunday was, after me realizing that I was doing too much and backing out of several projects I was working on so as I could focus on the big one.

1) The best horror film is also the best film, but today, I'm not sure if that film is Alien or The Thing. What's best for a horror film is a slow buildup of dread, coupled with excellent acting, directing, mood, effects that don't take you out of the scene, and an effective score.

2) Depends what you're asking by worst. The worst decade for horror films is not the same as the worst decade for good weather or the worst decade for hope.

Thanks for answering! I did want to clarify that for 1), I wasn't asking what your favorite horror film was, rather if there was a decade that you thought produced the best horror.

I tend to think, and I admit it might be from sheer nostalgia, but the 80's for instance were I think a really good decade for the genre: Special effects were getting good enough to pull off convincing monsters, their was a lot being produced due to the VCR home rental boom, and for the most part there was a pretty wide variety (zombies, slashers, creature features, etc)

I do have to say, while some trends are getting a bit boring to me, I do think the last decade has been good at exploring more existential/psychological horror than previous decades. So I do feel that the "IQ" in some respects has risen for horror, and pretty much all the horror movies that have gotten under my skin in a bad way are things from the last few years (The Girl Next Door, Megan is Missing, The Woman, Red, etc)

Paizo Employee Creative Director

The NPC wrote:

Mr. James Jacobs,

Did the Armies of Exploration ever make it as far south as Southern Garund?

One did. It was a complete disaster.

Paizo Employee Creative Director

MMCJawa wrote:
James Jacobs wrote:
MMCJawa wrote:

Hi James,

I hope you are having a lovely Sunday, and not too inundated with project deadlines

Anyway, I was in Hastings the other day and thinking about horror movies, which inspired these questions

1) What do decade do you consider the best for horror film, and why?

2) What was the worst decade (limiting yourself to say, the 1960's to today)

2) What is your opinion of the boom in zombie movies over the last decade? Good or bad for horror? and are you getting a bit tired/sick of zombies yet?

3) any predictions for the next big trend in Horror?

4) are there any particular genres/themes/monsters you would like to see more of in horror and think are currently underrepresented in the last decade or two?

5) What overall theme or trend have you most enjoyed in horror movies that have been made over the last decade?

Less inudated with deadlines than last Sunday was, after me realizing that I was doing too much and backing out of several projects I was working on so as I could focus on the big one.

1) The best horror film is also the best film, but today, I'm not sure if that film is Alien or The Thing. What's best for a horror film is a slow buildup of dread, coupled with excellent acting, directing, mood, effects that don't take you out of the scene, and an effective score.

2) Depends what you're asking by worst. The worst decade for horror films is not the same as the worst decade for good weather or the worst decade for hope.

Thanks for answering! I did want to clarify that for 1), I wasn't asking what your favorite horror film was, rather if there was a decade that you thought produced the best horror.

I tend to think, and I admit it might be from sheer nostalgia, but the 80's for instance were I think a really good decade for the genre: Special effects were getting good enough to pull off convincing monsters, their was a lot being produced due to the VCR home rental boom, and for the most part there was a pretty wide variety (zombies, slashers, creature features, etc)

I do have to say, while some trends are getting a bit boring to me, I do think the last decade has been good at exploring more existential/psychological horror than previous decades. So I do feel that the "IQ" in some respects has risen for horror, and pretty much all the horror movies that have gotten under my skin in a bad way are things from the last few years (The Girl Next Door, Megan is Missing, The Woman, Red, etc)

The decade that I think produced the best horror was the 80s. Or if I can cheat a little... the years of 1978 to 1987.

The 80s were good for horror primarily because of Stephen King's surging popularity. It wasn't just movies... fiction had a huge horror boom that decade as well. And the ease of availability via VCR rentals only increased that.

I wouldn't say that the "IQ" has risen for horror. We get plenty of brain-dead horror movies each year still, both in wide release and in the indie scene. Thad said, we're getting a lot MORE horror movies than we've had in a long time, and that increase has surely increased the number of high-quality stuff as well.


What will the hazing process for the new designer involve?


James Jacobs wrote:
The NPC wrote:

Mr. James Jacobs,

Did the Armies of Exploration ever make it as far south as Southern Garund?

One did. It was a complete disaster.

Is that on the wiki or has it not been published yet?

Paizo Employee Creative Director

Tels wrote:
What will the hazing process for the new designer involve?

That's left to Jason. Unfortunately for the new designer.

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Archpaladin Zousha wrote:
James Jacobs wrote:
John Kretzer wrote:

Hey James got a question for you...

What does Milani and her clergy think and feel about what is going in Galt? Are they involved at all in Galt?

I would suspect they feel like Galt is an atrocity of swiftly approaching apocalyptic proportions, where many of the fundamental beliefs of the church are perverted and glorified in all the wrong ways. Milani is about revolution... but the idea of constant never-ending revolution is pretty much the exact opposite of her goal. In fact... if she could engineer a world where her faith wouldn't have anything to do, she'd do it in a heartbeat.
Why did Andoran and Galt's revolutions go in such wildly different directions, Andoran becoming a relatively stable and mostly happy nation, while Galt is, as you say, an atrocity of swiftly approaching apocalyptic proportions?

Things aren't exactly all sweetness and light in Andoran and things may be coming to a boil there in time. Can't say anymore because that would be some major spoilers in Hellknight's Feast.

Paizo Employee Creative Director

LazarX wrote:
Archpaladin Zousha wrote:
James Jacobs wrote:
John Kretzer wrote:

Hey James got a question for you...

What does Milani and her clergy think and feel about what is going in Galt? Are they involved at all in Galt?

I would suspect they feel like Galt is an atrocity of swiftly approaching apocalyptic proportions, where many of the fundamental beliefs of the church are perverted and glorified in all the wrong ways. Milani is about revolution... but the idea of constant never-ending revolution is pretty much the exact opposite of her goal. In fact... if she could engineer a world where her faith wouldn't have anything to do, she'd do it in a heartbeat.
Why did Andoran and Galt's revolutions go in such wildly different directions, Andoran becoming a relatively stable and mostly happy nation, while Galt is, as you say, an atrocity of swiftly approaching apocalyptic proportions?
Things aren't exactly all sweetness and light in Andoran and things may be coming to a boil there in time. Can't say anymore because that would be some major spoilers in Hellknight's Feast.

I never claimed otherwise. Andoran is, as with all our regions, a place with LOTS of adventure opportunities.

"Lots of adventure hooks" is a completely different thing than "Land of failed/eternal revolutions."

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Companion, Lost Omens, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber
James Jacobs wrote:
Look at Andoran and Galt today. Andoran is a functional nation, and Galt is not. That's how it was non-self-destructive.

Yes, but what about Andoran and Galt made that the case? Ostensibly they were inspired by the same rhetoric (Hosseter and Jubbanich). What charismatic people made Andoran more stable, when ostensibly charismatic demagogues are a dime a dozen in Galt? And what the heck is Hellknight's Feast?

Quote:
And try the race building rules in Advanced Race Guide! :-)

I meant eventually becoming a snake-person, not starting out as one. I'm fine with the character starting out as an ordinary human or something. It's just that most of the snake-related transformation sorts of things require you give up the use of your hands.

Paizo Employee Creative Director

Archpaladin Zousha wrote:
James Jacobs wrote:
Look at Andoran and Galt today. Andoran is a functional nation, and Galt is not. That's how it was non-self-destructive.

Yes, but what about Andoran and Galt made that the case? Ostensibly they were inspired by the same rhetoric (Hosseter and Jubbanich). What charismatic people made Andoran more stable, when ostensibly charismatic demagogues are a dime a dozen in Galt? And what the heck is Hellknight's Feast?

Quote:
And try the race building rules in Advanced Race Guide! :-)
I meant eventually becoming a snake-person, not starting out as one. I'm fine with the character starting out as an ordinary human or something. It's just that most of the snake-related transformation sorts of things require you give up the use of your hands.

We haven't done much with "why" the revolutions in Andoran and Galt went the way they did beyond what we've said in the Inner Sea World Guide... and until we do something significant that ties into one of those realms, I'm not ready to work that out. So I guess, for now, the answers you're looking for are still in the "Unrevealed, but not forever" category.

And for the second... What you're looking at is most easily modeled as a template. How about werepython or something along those lines? Or a specialized application of half fiend or half celestial or even half fey?

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Companion, Lost Omens, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Templates are okay, but I'm not sure most GMs would allow that, and there's no real precedent on Golarion. I think Synthesist Summoner works, but everybody hates summoners.

Paizo Employee Creative Director

Archpaladin Zousha wrote:
Templates are okay, but I'm not sure most GMs would allow that, and there's no real precedent on Golarion. I think Synthesist Summoner works, but everybody hates summoners.

Well... I can't really help you, since what you want to do IS pretty out there. Your GM should be the person you talk to about how to have this happen.


Do you think The Iron Giant would be some sort of Robot Kaiju? Would he 'fit' in Numeria?


Ever saw the movie Brave ( Disney/Pixar)?

Sovereign Court Contributor

Have you read or are you thinking about reading North American Lake Monsters? The title is somewhat misleading. But if you like weird fiction, it might be worth your while.


What is your opinion on "monsters that shouldn't be"? For example, half-fiend unicorns.

Paizo Employee Creative Director

Tels wrote:
Do you think The Iron Giant would be some sort of Robot Kaiju? Would he 'fit' in Numeria?

It's not big enough to be a kaiju, but it would probably fit quite well into Numeria... as long as it's more like the robot from Fallout 3.

Paizo Employee Creative Director

Guy St-Amant wrote:

Ever saw the movie Brave ( Disney/Pixar)?

Haven't seen it yet, but it's on the list.

Paizo Employee Creative Director

Jeff Erwin wrote:
Have you read or are you thinking about reading North American Lake Monsters? The title is somewhat misleading. But if you like weird fiction, it might be worth your while.

It's on my wish list from Amazon but I've not yet bought it. Will some day.

Paizo Employee Creative Director

Steven "Troll" O'Neal wrote:
What is your opinion on "monsters that shouldn't be"? For example, half-fiend unicorns.

Given a good enough author, pretty much any monster concept can be cool.


James Jacobs wrote:
VorpalKitten wrote:
If I have spells cast on me, then I use magic jar, do some/all of them transfer to my new body? If the body I am possessing has spells on it, do I gain some/all of them? What kind of spells would transfer with the soul, and what kind of spells would stay with the body?
The ones affecting your mind would travel with you, but the ones affecting your body OR your body and your mind would not transfer. Likewise the target body. The GM gets to decide when it happens which spells move and which ones don't. Welcome to the complexities of one of the game's top 3 most complicated spells. (Along with reincarnate and simulacrum.)

O.K. what about some specific spells

1. Anti-magic field
2. Shield
3.Mirror images
4. contingency

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Companion, Lost Omens, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber
James Jacobs wrote:
Steven "Troll" O'Neal wrote:
What is your opinion on "monsters that shouldn't be"? For example, half-fiend unicorns.
Given a good enough author, pretty much any monster concept can be cool.

*Gets to work on SuccubixUnicorn story*

44,451 to 44,500 of 78,524 << first < prev | 885 | 886 | 887 | 888 | 889 | 890 | 891 | 892 | 893 | 894 | 895 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Off-Topic Discussions / >>Ask *James Jacobs* ALL your Questions Here!<< All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.