>>Ask *James Jacobs* ALL your Questions Here!<<


Off-Topic Discussions

40,951 to 41,000 of 77,263 << first < prev | 815 | 816 | 817 | 818 | 819 | 820 | 821 | 822 | 823 | 824 | 825 | next > last >>

What's your favorite pizza?

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
James Jacobs wrote:
eldergod0515 wrote:
Q: What is the point of the Astral Projection, Lesser spell?
Frankly? I don't know. It shouldn't exist in my opinion, and there should only be the 9th level version.

Presumably it's a spell cast by a mage who's kickasss enough to explore the astral plane alone, thus saving a 9th level spell slot.

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
James Jacobs wrote:
xavier c wrote:
A Quasi-Deity is someone who has the power of a demigod but not the authority of a demigod=(planar realm,outsider servants) am i right?

A quasi-deity is someone who has the power to grant spells, but has one or more of the following:

1) Grants fewer than 4 domains, AND/OR..

2) Is CR 25 or lower. This one means that for most PCs, who at 20th level and tier 10 are essentially CR 24, getting into demigod level requires something more than simply maxing out your level and tiers.

If you DO grant 4 domains AND you're CR 26 or higher, you're a demigod.

So that's anyone who takes the Divine Source mythic power?

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Companion, Lost Omens, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber
James Jacobs wrote:
Archpaladin Zousha wrote:

I see. So, was she a wizard before she became a herald? I find her use of rapiers and wizardry interesting when her title was The Red Crusader, and her greatest follower, Iomedae, favors the longsword instead.

Are there any LG gods who have associations with storms and stuff? I'm looking to design a paladin with a lightning motif, much like Heironeous of the old 3.5 Greyhawk days.

In fact... Arazni uses rapiers pretty much entirely because that makes her more recognizable, unique, and interesting. A simple choice like saying she uses rapiers instead of longswords does, in one single word change, wonders for revealing all sorts of things about her personality and attitude and interests and physical build and much more.

Storms are destructive—they are chaotic, not lawful. They don't follow rules; they are hard to predict. A tornado can kill one person dead and carry another 450 feet and only blow off his hat. That's chaotic.

So, associating storms with lawful good deities is off theme.

If you want a lightning-using paladin, I would suggest focusing in on how lightning brings light to the darkness, or about its beauty and awesome power... NOT its association with storms. Depending on your campaign, associating it with electricity and technology would be cool as well.

EDIT: OH! Just associate your paladin with bronze dragons! They're all about lightning.

I wasn't thinking of a paladin that USES lightning, just one that wears lightning symbols and stuff like that on his uniform. Especially lightning bolts being gripped by fists Zeus-style.


I was looking at the Worldwound Incursion and the upgraded campaign traits, and thought I'd ask about something that occurred to me vis-à-vis the way that Hierophant's "Touched by Divinity" trait functions in conjunction with the Mythic Paragon feat:

"Your tier is considered 2 higher for determining the potency of mythic abilities, feats, and spells. This doesn't grant you access to mythic abilities or greater versions of mythic spells at a lower tier than you would normally need to be to get them..."

Touched by Divinity means you can use SLAs of the two domains you select by spending a use of Mythic Power, and the WotR campaign traits do certainly seem as though they're "mythic abilities" of some sort. Does this mean that the number of times per day you can use the 1st level spells of the domains and the maximum level of the domain spells you can use also increases? It's not granting access to mythic spells at a lower tier, but it would be allowing you to use the higher-level domain spells.

Or does it not count as a "mythic ability" at all in that regard?


Have you played Castlevania: Symphony of the Night? (Considering that a reference to it was made in Carrion Crown, I'm going to guess yes.)

If so, how would you stat out Alucard? A 20th-level magus plus some Mythic tiers?


Pathfinder Companion, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

1) Given that kami are not necessarily inherently good, do you think that someone that was either the child of a kami and a mortal, descended from such a union, or touched/influenced by the power of the kami would be best represented as a half-celestial or aasimar, respectively, or would something unique be more appropriate, in your opinion?

2) Do you have any particular favorite words you just like the sound of or just the fact that it exists? Like brouhaha, zaftig, meandering, scintillating, egregious, and so on and so forth? If so, list off a few of the first that pop into your head?

3) According to Dragon Empires Gazetteer, Nalinivati was the mother of all nagas, a once-mortal creature who attained divinity with powerful sorcery. Given that nagas play a prominent role in Indian mythology, would you say it seems likely she's one of the many Vudran deities as well?

Shadow Lodge

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Companion, Lost Omens, Rulebook Subscriber

Was there a reason why morlocks were built without more connections to their repair and machinery maintaining background?


Would you mind giving me some tips to fill in an aspect of a new character's background?

I'm playing a half-celestial human in Ustalav who was tortured by someone attempting to tap into his celestial half as a divine energy source. Whether or not this makes sense doesn't matter. I haven't determined if it's canonically possible or if his jailer was just a loon. So, after having gone through these repeated attempts, he loses his mind and is able to escape (barbarian class). He's wondered around the wilderness for another indefinite amount of time in a stupor, essentially, where he encounters the party in almost a daze and completely naked.

I'm curious as to how that torture for that purpose would occur. I imagine it would include sharp pointy things, extracting blood and other fluids, perhaps injections, and so on. But, is there something that meshes better with the established lore? I'm giving him the phobia insanity so I'm curious what exactly he should be afraid of. General torture implements are a given, claustrophobia is another, generally being restrained isn't exactly his style either nor is generally being touched. Regardless of the specifics of the phobia I'll probably roleplay more a PTSD situation than just having an acute fear of specific things.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Archpaladin Zousha wrote:


I wasn't thinking of a paladin that USES lightning, just one that wears lightning symbols and stuff like that on his uniform. Especially lightning bolts being gripped by fists Zeus-style.

The Paladins and Holy Champions (an alternative to the Paladin class) of Hurrian in Arcanis use lightning motifs as that's a symbol of their patron.

If I remember correctly, the divine symbol of Heironeous, the definitive paladin diety of Greyhawk was a lightning bolt gripped by a fist.

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Companion, Lost Omens, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber
LazarX wrote:
Archpaladin Zousha wrote:


I wasn't thinking of a paladin that USES lightning, just one that wears lightning symbols and stuff like that on his uniform. Especially lightning bolts being gripped by fists Zeus-style.

The Paladins and Holy Champions (an alternative to the Paladin class) of Hurrian in Arcanis use lightning motifs as that's a symbol of their patron.

If I remember correctly, the divine symbol of Heironeous, the definitive paladin diety of Greyhawk was a lightning bolt gripped by a fist.

Yes, but I'm asking about Golarion specifically here.

Paizo Employee Creative Director

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Cthulhudrew wrote:
James Jacobs wrote:
We've expended more or less ALL of our resources detailing Golarion in the present. The further back in the past we go... the less we can use what we've created as support material, and the more space and time and resources we need to divert from the actual creation of the Adventure Path to creation of information in the past. Furthermore... the further back we go, the weirder things get. For example, if we were to set an AP in Thassilon... there's no dwarves back then, and the core deities are quite different, and some spells might not yet have been invented.

Makes sense. Thanks for your reply.

Following from the very last thing you said here, though, I was wondering- I've long been interested in doing a treatment of magic along the lines of evolving technology; ie, something to the effect of 'the "bronze age" of magic- spell levels 1-5' etc (not that specifically).

Do you envision magic as having gone through a similar sort of "technological" development- where for example, spells of levels 8 and 9 are very recent innovations, or do you see it more along the lines of certain spells being more recent innovations, but the potential for all spell levels was always present, regardless of the relative cultural developmental level?

Yeah; I suspect that when mortals first discovered magic, they all started at 1st level spellcasters. They would have had to level up to discover and master the higher forms of magic. Not all would make it... but that does mean that it'd be a lot faster process than technology... it'd probably happen over the course of only a couple of generations, I'd guess.

Paizo Employee Creative Director

UllarWarlord wrote:

Out of curiosity (and the possibility that I may or may not have to brew him up >_>), about what CR would you say Baalzebul is at?

In addition, what is your favorite demon? Demon lords don't count!

First off... for your game, feel free to stat Baalzebul up at whatever CR you want. BUT if/when we stat him up, with him being the boss of the 7th realm of Hell, I'd probably set him up at CR 29.

My favorite demon? Succubus!

Paizo Employee Creative Director

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Cheapy wrote:
What's your favorite pizza?

Haven't had pizza in almost a year... but my favorite is:

Artichoke heart, garlic, and jalapeno. Chicken is optional.

Paizo Employee Creative Director

LazarX wrote:
James Jacobs wrote:
xavier c wrote:
A Quasi-Deity is someone who has the power of a demigod but not the authority of a demigod=(planar realm,outsider servants) am i right?

A quasi-deity is someone who has the power to grant spells, but has one or more of the following:

1) Grants fewer than 4 domains, AND/OR..

2) Is CR 25 or lower. This one means that for most PCs, who at 20th level and tier 10 are essentially CR 24, getting into demigod level requires something more than simply maxing out your level and tiers.

If you DO grant 4 domains AND you're CR 26 or higher, you're a demigod.

So that's anyone who takes the Divine Source mythic power?

Yes.

Paizo Employee Creative Director

Alleran wrote:

I was looking at the Worldwound Incursion and the upgraded campaign traits, and thought I'd ask about something that occurred to me vis-à-vis the way that Hierophant's "Touched by Divinity" trait functions in conjunction with the Mythic Paragon feat:

"Your tier is considered 2 higher for determining the potency of mythic abilities, feats, and spells. This doesn't grant you access to mythic abilities or greater versions of mythic spells at a lower tier than you would normally need to be to get them..."

Touched by Divinity means you can use SLAs of the two domains you select by spending a use of Mythic Power, and the WotR campaign traits do certainly seem as though they're "mythic abilities" of some sort. Does this mean that the number of times per day you can use the 1st level spells of the domains and the maximum level of the domain spells you can use also increases? It's not granting access to mythic spells at a lower tier, but it would be allowing you to use the higher-level domain spells.

Or does it not count as a "mythic ability" at all in that regard?

Campaign traits, even ones like the ones in Wrath of the Righteous that modify and follow themes that are mythic, are not themselves counted as mythic abilities in that regard.

Paizo Employee Creative Director

Voyd211 wrote:

Have you played Castlevania: Symphony of the Night? (Considering that a reference to it was made in Carrion Crown, I'm going to guess yes.)

If so, how would you stat out Alucard? A 20th-level magus plus some Mythic tiers?

I've played some Castlevania games, yes. But Wes is the source of Carrion Crown, and he's a MUCH bigger fan of the series than me. He'd be the one to ask about how to stat up Alucard.


Pathfinder Adventure Subscriber

What's your favourite joke (right now)?

Paizo Employee Creative Director

Luthorne wrote:

1) Given that kami are not necessarily inherently good, do you think that someone that was either the child of a kami and a mortal, descended from such a union, or touched/influenced by the power of the kami would be best represented as a half-celestial or aasimar, respectively, or would something unique be more appropriate, in your opinion?

2) Do you have any particular favorite words you just like the sound of or just the fact that it exists? Like brouhaha, zaftig, meandering, scintillating, egregious, and so on and so forth? If so, list off a few of the first that pop into your head?

3) According to Dragon Empires Gazetteer, Nalinivati was the mother of all nagas, a once-mortal creature who attained divinity with powerful sorcery. Given that nagas play a prominent role in Indian mythology, would you say it seems likely she's one of the many Vudran deities as well?

1) A half-kami should be a brand new template.

2) Absolutely. The first 5 that come to my mind: cyclopean, squamous, antediluvian, recrudescence, eidolon.

3) Yup, it seems very likely.

Paizo Employee Creative Director

doc the grey wrote:
Was there a reason why morlocks were built without more connections to their repair and machinery maintaining background?

Yup. Pathfinder's morlocks are a fantasy setting version of them inspired by the science-fiction version of them.

Paizo Employee Creative Director

Buri wrote:

Would you mind giving me some tips to fill in an aspect of a new character's background?

I'm playing a half-celestial human in Ustalav who was tortured by someone attempting to tap into his celestial half as a divine energy source. Whether or not this makes sense doesn't matter. I haven't determined if it's canonically possible or if his jailer was just a loon. So, after having gone through these repeated attempts, he loses his mind and is able to escape (barbarian class). He's wondered around the wilderness for another indefinite amount of time in a stupor, essentially, where he encounters the party in almost a daze and completely naked.

I'm curious as to how that torture for that purpose would occur. I imagine it would include sharp pointy things, extracting blood and other fluids, perhaps injections, and so on. But, is there something that meshes better with the established lore? I'm giving him the phobia insanity so I'm curious what exactly he should be afraid of. General torture implements are a given, claustrophobia is another, generally being restrained isn't exactly his style either nor is generally being touched. Regardless of the specifics of the phobia I'll probably roleplay more a PTSD situation than just having an acute fear of specific things.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

It can really manifest any way you want, especially if the jailor was just crazy. But anything you see in a movie like Saw or the like should work fine!

Paizo Employee Creative Director

Archpaladin Zousha wrote:
LazarX wrote:
Archpaladin Zousha wrote:


I wasn't thinking of a paladin that USES lightning, just one that wears lightning symbols and stuff like that on his uniform. Especially lightning bolts being gripped by fists Zeus-style.

The Paladins and Holy Champions (an alternative to the Paladin class) of Hurrian in Arcanis use lightning motifs as that's a symbol of their patron.

If I remember correctly, the divine symbol of Heironeous, the definitive paladin diety of Greyhawk was a lightning bolt gripped by a fist.

Yes, but I'm asking about Golarion specifically here.

Bronze dragons remain the best option... unless there's a lawful good or neutral good electricity-themed Empyreal Lord...

Paizo Employee Creative Director

Kajehase wrote:
What's your favourite joke (right now)?

Rectum? Damn near KILLED him!

ha


James Jacobs wrote:
Kajehase wrote:
What's your favourite joke (right now)?

Rectum? Damn near KILLED him!

ha

Did you get that from Order of the Stick? I remember Hinjo (a paladin prince) saying that.


Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

I've put a lot of work into fleshing out a version of Aucturn's Citadel of the Black for a home campaign, but I think I'm going to put it on hold. There's just so much unknown about the Stranger that it's sort of overwhelming. Instead, I'm taking the bulk of my work and refitting it for Golarion.

-First question: Does this sound feasible to you? a city of maybe 10,000 in a large cavern of Sekamina. Population is about 55% morlocks, 20% human/dwarf/halfling, 10% gug, 5% cloakers, 5% derro, 5% Lovecraftian "other." The city's populace worships all the Outer Gods and Great Old Ones, in particular Yog-Sothoth, Shub-Niggurath, and Cthuhlu. The city's overlord is an aberrant sorcerer who I'm calling Shallamoth (a name ripped off from Monte Cook's Ptolus campaign).

-Second question: What would be the major snags of this setup, do you think? One in particular I can think of is having surface races without darkvision living so deep beneath the surface. Another problem would be that Old Cultists aren't buddy-buddy with each other - especially when different gods are being worshiped. However, I figure if the Drow can do while worshiping a dozen Demon Lords, than a bunch of loonies could probably pull off the same with their own twisted pantheon.


Thanks, James.

Have a great weekend! Have any plans?

Paizo Employee Creative Director

Voyd211 wrote:
James Jacobs wrote:
Kajehase wrote:
What's your favourite joke (right now)?

Rectum? Damn near KILLED him!

ha

Did you get that from Order of the Stick? I remember Hinjo (a paladin prince) saying that.

It's a much older joke than Order of the Stick.

Paizo Employee Creative Director

Generic Villain wrote:

I've put a lot of work into fleshing out a version of Aucturn's Citadel of the Black for a home campaign, but I think I'm going to put it on hold. There's just so much unknown about the Stranger that it's sort of overwhelming. Instead, I'm taking the bulk of my work and refitting it for Golarion.

-First question: Does this sound feasible to you? a city of maybe 10,000 in a large cavern of Sekamina. Population is about 55% morlocks, 20% human/dwarf/halfling, 10% gug, 5% cloakers, 5% derro, 5% Lovecraftian "other." The city's populace worships all the Outer Gods and Great Old Ones, in particular Yog-Sothoth, Shub-Niggurath, and Cthuhlu. The city's overlord is an aberrant sorcerer who I'm calling Shallamoth (a name ripped off from Monte Cook's Ptolus campaign).

-Second question: What would be the major snags of this setup, do you think? One in particular I can think of is having surface races without darkvision living so deep beneath the surface. Another problem would be that Old Cultists aren't buddy-buddy with each other - especially when different gods are being worshiped. However, I figure if the Drow can do while worshiping a dozen Demon Lords, than a bunch of loonies could probably pull off the same with their own twisted pantheon.

First Answer: Sounds like a pretty eclectic mix of creatures, especially with morlocks being the dominant race. Not sure how the place hasn't torn itself apart...

Second Answer: The main snag is figuring out a way to get the denizens to not kill each other; that's a huge mix of different types of creatures. A drow city works because it's mostly drow. I'd choose one of the races and increase them to above 85% and make the others much less...


Is favoritism common amongst the gods

and which gods practice favoritism the most

Paizo Employee Creative Director

Buri wrote:

Thanks, James.

Have a great weekend! Have any plans?

Lots of writing for a giant unannounced freelance project.

Maybe go see "Lone Survivor" or "The Wolf of Wall Street" or "Jack Ryan."

Video games.

Sleep.

Reading Ramsey Campbell.

Playing with my cat.

That's pretty much it for this weekend!

Paizo Employee Creative Director

xavier c wrote:

Is favoritism common amongst the gods

and which gods practice favoritism the most

Depending on your viewpoint, some might say that favoritism is common in that they favor their clerics over their priesthoods, and favor their priesthoods over the rest of the world.

Whether or not that's fair or that's just bitterness depends on your viewpoint as well.


James Jacobs wrote:
Buri wrote:

Thanks, James.

Have a great weekend! Have any plans?

Lots of writing for a giant unannounced freelance project.

Maybe go see "Lone Survivor" or "The Wolf of Wall Street" or "Jack Ryan."

Video games.

Sleep.

Reading Ramsey Campbell.

Playing with my cat.

That's pretty much it for this weekend!

Busy weekend! Though, playing with cats, sleep, and video games can be pretty fun and relaxing. At least, they can be until your cat reveals its murderous nature.

I'd throw in a vote for The Wolf of Wall Street if you tend to enjoy over the top sarcasm as I do. There were many laughs. Jack Ryan intrigues my love of spy themes. That's next on my list.

Good luck on the project!

Dark Archive

James Jacobs wrote:
My favorite demon? Succubus!

Does that mean your favorite Demon Lord is Nocticula?


How would a non-evil mortal be treated the first time they visited the Plane of Heaven

Paizo Employee Creative Director

Buri wrote:

Busy weekend! Though, playing with cats, sleep, and video games can be pretty fun and relaxing. At least, they can be until your cat reveals its murderous nature.

I'd throw in a vote for The Wolf of Wall Street if you tend to enjoy over the top sarcasm as I do. There were many laughs. Jack Ryan intrigues my love of spy themes. That's next on my list.

Good luck on the project!

Scorsese is one of my top five favorite directors, so chances are good that it's gonna be Wolf that I see if I see anything.

Next up is probably Lone Survivor, just because it's getting slightly better reviews than Jack Ryan.

Paizo Employee Creative Director

1 person marked this as a favorite.
rooboy wrote:
James Jacobs wrote:
My favorite demon? Succubus!
Does that mean your favorite Demon Lord is Nocticula?

That's a tougher choice... but she's at the very least tied for a 3 way tie between her, Cyth-V'sug, and Sifkesh.

Paizo Employee Creative Director

xavier c wrote:
How would a non-evil mortal be treated the first time they visited the Plane of Heaven

Depends where in Heaven the mortal showed up and how the mortal acted.


James Jacobs wrote:
xavier c wrote:

Is favoritism common amongst the gods

and which gods practice favoritism the most

Depending on your viewpoint, some might say that favoritism is common in that they favor their clerics over their priesthoods, and favor their priesthoods over the rest of the world.

Whether or not that's fair or that's just bitterness depends on your viewpoint as well.

Will what about favoritism to different worshippers?(clerics/priest) clearly Desna practices favoritism i mean clerics of Desna die terribly all the time.

But as soon as a priest she favors dies it's Demon Lord killing ,blowing up the Abyss time


James Jacobs wrote:
xavier c wrote:
How would a non-evil mortal be treated the first time they visited the Plane of Heaven

Depends where in Heaven the mortal showed up and how the mortal acted.

what if the mortal showed up at

1)Andoletta's cottage

2)Arqueros's Prime Vallation

3)the Courts of Accord

4)Lymnieris's blue agate palace

5)Ragathiel's Fortress

6)Iomedae's Domain

7)Erastil's Domain

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Cheapy wrote:
What's your favorite pizza?

More importantly, do you eat it with a fork?

Contributor

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Here's a weird question from an exceptionally weird GM (me): Do kitsune have a digigrade bone structure or a plantigrade bone structure in their true forms?

Here's lots of interesting background information on Mammalian Locomotion!:

Earthly mammals use one of three major bone structures for their locomotive limbs; digitigrade limbs, plantigrade limbs, and unguligrade limbs.

Digitigrade limbs, as the word suggests, is essentially "walking on your digits." In the case for mammals, it means walking on your toes.

Plantigrade limbs, on the other hand, use the ankle bone as the primary source of locomotion.

Unguligrade limbs have hooves, to over simply it.

Here is a tiny illustration comparing these three types. The dotted line represents where the mammal's ankle bone is located.

Paizo Employee Creative Director

xavier c wrote:
James Jacobs wrote:
xavier c wrote:

Is favoritism common amongst the gods

and which gods practice favoritism the most

Depending on your viewpoint, some might say that favoritism is common in that they favor their clerics over their priesthoods, and favor their priesthoods over the rest of the world.

Whether or not that's fair or that's just bitterness depends on your viewpoint as well.

Will what about favoritism to different worshippers?(clerics/priest) clearly Desna practices favoritism i mean clerics of Desna die terribly all the time.

But as soon as a priest she favors dies it's Demon Lord killing ,blowing up the Abyss time

I wouldn't say "Clerics of Desna die terribly all the time" at all.

But yes, Desna is one of the more quick to react, emotional deities out there, and that bit of favoritism that compelled her to crusade into the Abyss is a good example. That said... she almost started a huge war in so doing, and only barely escaped getting in big trouble with lots of other deities... she's SORT of learned her lesson... sort of...

Paizo Employee Creative Director

xavier c wrote:
James Jacobs wrote:
xavier c wrote:
How would a non-evil mortal be treated the first time they visited the Plane of Heaven

Depends where in Heaven the mortal showed up and how the mortal acted.

what if the mortal showed up at

1)Andoletta's cottage

2)Arqueros's Prime Vallation

3)the Courts of Accord

4)Lymnieris's blue agate palace

5)Ragathiel's Fortress

6)Iomedae's Domain

7)Erastil's Domain

It'd still all depend on the mortal. A worshiper of Erastil would be welcomed in Erastil's domain, but probably not in others. A vengeful demon slayer would be welcome in Ragathiel's fortress, but might be looked upon with worry elsewhere.

In other words, these questions are WAY too broad to answer with short posts... and the longer it takes me to provide an answer, the more likely it is I won't have time to get into it. Sorry!

Paizo Employee Creative Director

1 person marked this as a favorite.
LazarX wrote:
Cheapy wrote:
What's your favorite pizza?
More importantly, do you eat it with a fork?

No. That's doing it wrong.

Sovereign Court Contributor

1 person marked this as a favorite.
James Jacobs wrote:
rooboy wrote:
James Jacobs wrote:
My favorite demon? Succubus!
Does that mean your favorite Demon Lord is Nocticula?
That's a tougher choice... but she's at the very least tied for a 3 way tie between her, Cyth-V'sug, and Sifkesh.

Did you mean to word it that way?

Paizo Employee Creative Director

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Alexander Augunas wrote:

Here's a weird question from an exceptionally weird GM (me): Do kitsune have a digigrade bone structure or a plantigrade bone structure in their true forms?

** spoiler omitted **

In their true forms, as pictured on page 175 of Bestiary 4, their feet work the same as human feet. So... Plantigrade, I suppose.

Paizo Employee Creative Director

3 people marked this as a favorite.
Jeff Erwin wrote:
James Jacobs wrote:
rooboy wrote:
James Jacobs wrote:
My favorite demon? Succubus!
Does that mean your favorite Demon Lord is Nocticula?
That's a tougher choice... but she's at the very least tied for a 3 way tie between her, Cyth-V'sug, and Sifkesh.
Did you mean to word it that way?

I always choose the best words and sentence structure I can in order to convey my thoughts. ;-)

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
James Jacobs wrote:
LazarX wrote:
Cheapy wrote:
What's your favorite pizza?
More importantly, do you eat it with a fork?
No. That's doing it wrong.

I can respect that after all, we take our pizza very seriously in the TriState area.


Hey James,

How are you today? Did Jason and the design team share the "crane wings" with you?

The peri, from bestiary 3, is one of my favorite outsiders. The generic text that is attached to said creature says:

"Believed to be the descendants of fallen angels, peris do penance
for their ancestors’ sins before they can earn a place in paradise."

Q: What would be your thoughts if in my own Golarion, I made them descendants of Dispater? Or his first wife (the mysterious fallen angel that no one can remeber)?

Would that be appropriate? Or would it be a little far-fetched?


I don't remember if I've asked this before... Are there tieflings descended from demon lords, archdevils and the Horsemen? Similarly, are there aasimars descended from empyreal lords?

40,951 to 41,000 of 77,263 << first < prev | 815 | 816 | 817 | 818 | 819 | 820 | 821 | 822 | 823 | 824 | 825 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Off-Topic Discussions / >>Ask *James Jacobs* ALL your Questions Here!<< All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.