>>Ask *James Jacobs* ALL your Questions Here!<<


Off-Topic Discussions

36,601 to 36,650 of 83,732 << first < prev | 728 | 729 | 730 | 731 | 732 | 733 | 734 | 735 | 736 | 737 | 738 | next > last >>

James Jacobs wrote:
Kairos Dawnfury wrote:
The NPC Codex has a level 1 or 2 Paladin called the Callous Rake who is described as a newly called Paladin who is kinda a jerk, in my humble layman's terms. It made me wonder, in Golarion, is it possible that someone with a more seedy, roguish background could one day be called as a Paladin and spend their adventuring career(campaign) having to focus on upholding his code against his knee jerk chaotic/nuetral reactions?
Sure! In fact, the paladin in my Thursday Sands of the Scorpion God game is just such a character who had a seedy background but then abandoned that life to become a paladin.

The Iconic Paladin got some of this as well.

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder PF Special Edition, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Belle Mythix wrote:
James Jacobs wrote:
Kairos Dawnfury wrote:
The NPC Codex has a level 1 or 2 Paladin called the Callous Rake who is described as a newly called Paladin who is kinda a jerk, in my humble layman's terms. It made me wonder, in Golarion, is it possible that someone with a more seedy, roguish background could one day be called as a Paladin and spend their adventuring career(campaign) having to focus on upholding his code against his knee jerk chaotic/nuetral reactions?
Sure! In fact, the paladin in my Thursday Sands of the Scorpion God game is just such a character who had a seedy background but then abandoned that life to become a paladin.

The Iconic Paladin got some of this as well.

I wouldn't exactly call a poor orphan stealing to get something to eat neccessarily on the same level. After all the Paladin she stole the helmet from specifically told her teammates not to take the helmet back from her. (Being Paladins, presumably they weren't out of the box enough in mindset to consider buying it back from her.)


Well, buying stolen goods would be unlawful. ;)


James Jacobs wrote:
Kairos Dawnfury wrote:
Is it Arch-Type or Arc-type? I've always leaned towards Arch...

ahr-ki-tahyp

(click the little microphone icon in the linked page to hear your computer say it out loud)

Didn't see that coming. Thanks!


Do you think it's possible to create a wand that is actually multiple wands in one? Basically crafting a Wand of Fireball, that is also a Wand of Scorching Ray, and Wand of Burning Hands or any other combination of spells? Kind of like the old staves.

The Rules say yes, but I'm asking for the opinion of someone who has more experience than RAW. I figure the above Wand of Fire, for example, would use the Multiple Similar Abilities rule, while a Wand that isn't similar would use the Multiple Different Abilities rule.

Multiple Similar Abilities:
For items with multiple similar abilities that don't take up space on a character's body, use the following formula: Calculate the price of the single most costly ability, then add 75% of the value of the next most costly ability, plus 1/2 the value of any other abilities.

Multiple Different Abilities:
Abilities such as an attack roll bonus or saving throw bonus and a spell-like function are not similar, and their values are simply added together to determine the cost. For items that take up a space on a character's body, each additional power not only has no discount but instead has a 50% increase in price.

I figure since Wands don't take up a space on the body (other than the 'held' slot like weapons do) they don't accrue the 5%0 mark-up

There is an agenda here, but not a bad one. I have a Wizard who is making an Arcane Academy, and I'm looking for some sort of gimmick that the Academy can be known for, such as the secret to crafting Elder Wands, or something like that. I'd have to ask my GM, of course, but I'm pondering ideas and whether or not they should be allowed, despite the rules strictly allowing them. Some things don't exist, rules legal or no.

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder PF Special Edition, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Tels wrote:

Do you think it's possible to create a wand that is actually multiple wands in one? Basically crafting a Wand of Fireball, that is also a Wand of Scorching Ray, and Wand of Burning Hands or any other combination of spells? Kind of like the old staves.

The Rules say yes, but I'm asking for the opinion of someone who has more experience than RAW. I figure the above Wand of Fire, for example, would use the Multiple Similar Abilities rule, while a Wand that isn't similar would use the Multiple Different Abilities rule.

** spoiler omitted **

The rules don't say that in the way you express it. a wand is a stick with one spell on it.... period. A stick with multiple spells is a staff. If you're looking for a short staff, that can be done but that's still a Create Staff feat, not Create Wand.


LazarX wrote:
Tels wrote:

Do you think it's possible to create a wand that is actually multiple wands in one? Basically crafting a Wand of Fireball, that is also a Wand of Scorching Ray, and Wand of Burning Hands or any other combination of spells? Kind of like the old staves.

The Rules say yes, but I'm asking for the opinion of someone who has more experience than RAW. I figure the above Wand of Fire, for example, would use the Multiple Similar Abilities rule, while a Wand that isn't similar would use the Multiple Different Abilities rule.

** spoiler omitted **

The rules don't say that in the way you express it. a wand is a stick with one spell on it.... period. A stick with multiple spells is a staff. If you're looking for a short staff, that can be done but that's still a Create Staff feat, not Create Wand.

Create Staff makes a stick that has 10 charges and can be re-charged. It also uses the highest caster level between you and the staff, and your higher ability score (I believe). A wand uses a set ability score, a set caster level, and a finite amount of charges.

The idea for the Wand is just a Wand with multiple Wands. Using a Charge from the Wand of Fireball, doesn't use the charge from the Wand of Scorching Ray. In a Staff with the same above mentioned spells, using a Fireball consumes the Scorching Ray, and vice versa.

The 'Elder Wand' is an 'all eggs in one basket' idea. Granted, you only have to draw one Wand, but if someone were to steal or sunder that one wand, you lose a very expensive item.

Paizo Employee Creative Director

Tels wrote:

Do you think it's possible to create a wand that is actually multiple wands in one? Basically crafting a Wand of Fireball, that is also a Wand of Scorching Ray, and Wand of Burning Hands or any other combination of spells? Kind of like the old staves.

The Rules say yes, but I'm asking for the opinion of someone who has more experience than RAW. I figure the above Wand of Fire, for example, would use the Multiple Similar Abilities rule, while a Wand that isn't similar would use the Multiple Different Abilities rule.

** spoiler omitted **

** spoiler omitted **

There is an agenda here, but not a bad one. I have a Wizard who is making an Arcane Academy, and I'm looking for some sort of gimmick that the Academy can be known for, such as the secret to crafting Elder Wands, or something like that. I'd have to ask my GM, of course, but I'm pondering ideas and whether or not they should be allowed, despite the rules strictly allowing them. Some things don't exist, rules legal or no.

You could create a thing like this... but it'd be a wondrous item, not a wand.

Or just make it bigger and make it a staff.


Ever come up with crazy character concepts that would require new classes/archetypes?

Paizo Employee Creative Director

Belle Mythix wrote:

Ever come up with crazy character concepts that would require new classes/archetypes?

Yes: Dawnflower Dervish.

Silver Crusade

Hmm which messenger bag should I choose? The core rulebook cover or the Burnt Offerings cover?

Paizo Employee Creative Director

Rysky wrote:
Hmm which messenger bag should I choose? The core rulebook cover or the Burnt Offerings cover?

Burnt Offerings!


I always associated Rovagug with Tharizdun. What's your take on this? Are their similarities only superficial? What would you say is their biggest difference?

Paizo Employee Creative Director

Detect Magic wrote:
I always associated Rovagug with Tharizdun. What's your take on this? Are their similarities only superficial? What would you say is their biggest difference?

Tharizdun is one of my favorite deities from D&D. And both Tharizdun and Rovagug were inspired by the same sources (Lovecraft etc.), so it's no surprise that they've got some similarities.

The biggest difference is probably the physical—Rovagug is MUCH more of a physical presence than Tharizdun.


Alright, if you could come up with a new character race all on your own, as in Paizo says "just do it and it's canon," what race would you make?

Grand Lodge

Hey James, one of my players was wondering, will the new "Blood of the Moon" book coming out next month allow him to play a gnome werebear?


Scott_UAT wrote:

So here is a fun one.

We've been batting this around at our table. Please forgive me if it's been asked (if someone can direct me to an FAQ, I'd love it!)

Can you demoralize mindless creatures with Intimidate and/or sway their condition towards you?

I know "use judgement call" (I would say no) but you have to basically go on a goose chase to find the answer.
(Demoralize = shaken which is a fear effect, are mindless creatures immune to fear effects? Depends if it is a morale effect? What is a morale effect? ... ect,ect,ect).

I'm writing a 3pp book and I want to make sure we have our ducks in a row and we can cite something.

Anyone know the answer?


Scott_UAT wrote:
Scott_UAT wrote:

So here is a fun one.

We've been batting this around at our table. Please forgive me if it's been asked (if someone can direct me to an FAQ, I'd love it!)

Can you demoralize mindless creatures with Intimidate and/or sway their condition towards you?

I know "use judgement call" (I would say no) but you have to basically go on a goose chase to find the answer.
(Demoralize = shaken which is a fear effect, are mindless creatures immune to fear effects? Depends if it is a morale effect? What is a morale effect? ... ect,ect,ect).

I'm writing a 3pp book and I want to make sure we have our ducks in a row and we can cite something.

Anyone know the answer?

If they have an Intelligence score, then yes (unless noted otherwise, such as if being dominated, special rule in build, etc).

At least, that's how I've read the rules...


1)The Bestiary 4 description says it will have classic "horror" literature creatures so does that mean we will not get any non-horror classic literature creatures?

2)I heard somewhere that Bestiary 4 will not have any Linnorms, is this true?

3)Have you seen any good movies lately?

4)Are there any new TV shows this season that have caught your interest?

5)Will the Bestiary 4 have any new hags, lamia, titans, kytons, Tane, or robots?

6)What is the new name that you guys call the Bodysnatchers now?

7)I know that Nightgaunts, Elder Things, Colour Out of Space, and Star Spawn made in the Bestiary 4 but what about Mi-Go, Bhole, and the Flying Polyp?

8)Are the Swan Maidens anything like the Swanmay?

9)How do you pronounce Bhole, Elohim, and Owb?

10)If all the races from ARG made it into the Bestiary 4 does this include Gillmen?

Radiant Oath

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

IANJJ, but I know the Mi-Go are statted in Wake of the Watcher, Book 4 of the Carrion Crown Adventure Path, and the Bhole is statted in Into The Nightmare Rift, Book 5 of the Shattered Star Adventure Path. I don't think Flying Polyps have been statted yet.


can a mortal marry a outsider


Do bloodline arcana work with spells gained from other classes?

Do they also work with spell-likes? I'm curious about whether the Wildblooded Bedrock arcana works with the summoner's SLA's.


A query or three on Xanderghul:

1) Did he know how to summon the Oliphaunt? He was there when it happened the first time, after all.

2) Why did he never attempt to learn? Was he simply not willing to risk it after what happened to his army the first time and felt secure enough in his position that it was unnecessary?

3) Sorshen had clone bodies. Did Xanderghul have them as well (even if he never used any), or did he never bother with that particular contingency method?

4) Runeforge had a number of experiments revolving around simulacra in the Pride section, along with clones. Were either of these part of how Xanderghul elected to survive Earthfall?

Paizo Employee Creative Director

kevin_video wrote:
Hey James, one of my players was wondering, will the new "Blood of the Moon" book coming out next month allow him to play a gnome werebear?

You can already do that. You just need your GM's permission. "Blood of the Moon" will have some more options for all lycanthropes... but it won't change the fact that you still need the GM to say yes.

Furthermore... the focus of "Blood of the Moon" is on the various skinwalker races, which are less powerful versions of full lycanthropes that, unlike lycanthropes, are designed as zero-HD races.

Paizo Employee Creative Director

Seth Parsons wrote:
Alright, if you could come up with a new character race all on your own, as in Paizo says "just do it and it's canon," what race would you make?

I just did that with androids. And before that with tengus and samsarans and more.

AKA: This isn't as much an answer as it could be interpreted as a stealth preview of future races... so I'm not gonna answer! :-P

Paizo Employee Creative Director

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Scott_UAT wrote:
Scott_UAT wrote:

So here is a fun one.

We've been batting this around at our table. Please forgive me if it's been asked (if someone can direct me to an FAQ, I'd love it!)

Can you demoralize mindless creatures with Intimidate and/or sway their condition towards you?

I know "use judgement call" (I would say no) but you have to basically go on a goose chase to find the answer.
(Demoralize = shaken which is a fear effect, are mindless creatures immune to fear effects? Depends if it is a morale effect? What is a morale effect? ... ect,ect,ect).

I'm writing a 3pp book and I want to make sure we have our ducks in a row and we can cite something.

Anyone know the answer?

This is still a question for the rules boards, but my preference? No... you can't demoralize mindless creatures, because you need a mind to know fear, and you need to know fear in order to be demoralized. The rule of common sense is my rule citation here, in other words.

Paizo Employee Creative Director

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Dragon78 wrote:

1)The Bestiary 4 description says it will have classic "horror" literature creatures so does that mean we will not get any non-horror classic literature creatures?

2)I heard somewhere that Bestiary 4 will not have any Linnorms, is this true?

3)Have you seen any good movies lately?

4)Are there any new TV shows this season that have caught your interest?

5)Will the Bestiary 4 have any new hags, lamia, titans, kytons, Tane, or robots?

6)What is the new name that you guys call the Bodysnatchers now?

7)I know that Nightgaunts, Elder Things, Colour Out of Space, and Star Spawn made in the Bestiary 4 but what about Mi-Go, Bhole, and the Flying Polyp?

8)Are the Swan Maidens anything like the Swanmay?

9)How do you pronounce Bhole, Elohim, and Owb?

10)If all the races from ARG made it into the Bestiary 4 does this include Gillmen?

IAJ, so I can answer these for you. No need for help! :-P

1) If someone says "The alphabet includes A, B, and D," that statement shouldnt' be taken as "The alphabet does NOT include C." In other words, yes, there will be some non-horror classic literature creatures in Bestiary 4.

2) That is true.

3) Yes; the best movie I've seen lately would have been "Riddick," (even though it had an unfortunate subtext regarding women in the movie, unfortunately, that knocked the movie down from "Great" to "Good.") Before that, "At the World's End" and "Elysium" were both fantastic.

4) I started watching "The Blacklist" but it's kinda bleh so far. I quite enjoyed "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D" Gave up on "Low Winter Sun" after 4 episodes. REALLY looking forward to "True Detective" over on HBO.

5) You'll see soon enough! The book is almost here!

6) Bodythief. Plural = bodythieves.

7) Mi-Go are in PF 47. The Bhole and the Flying Polyp are in PF 65.

8) See #5 above.

9) Bhole sounds like "bowl" but with a slight bit of guttural to it. Elohim is a real word: you can click here to here dictionary.com say it out loud for you (just click the little microphone icon). Owb sounds like "ow," as in what you say when you stub your toe, but then just put a "B" sound at the end.

10) No. The gillmen and the strix are already in a hardcover book: Inner Sea World Guide.

Paizo Employee Creative Director

xavier c wrote:
can a mortal marry a outsider

Depends entirely on the laws of the land where you want to marry the outsider and the strictures of any associated religions.

Paizo Employee Creative Director

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Voyd211 wrote:

Do bloodline arcana work with spells gained from other classes?

Do they also work with spell-likes? I'm curious about whether the Wildblooded Bedrock arcana works with the summoner's SLA's.

Nope; bloodline arcana works only with the type of sorcerer spells that are specifically listed for that bloodline. Nor do they work with spell-like abilities.

A feat that allows them to do that could be cool though.

Paizo Employee Creative Director

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Alleran wrote:

A query or three on Xanderghul:

1) Did he know how to summon the Oliphaunt? He was there when it happened the first time, after all.

2) Why did he never attempt to learn? Was he simply not willing to risk it after what happened to his army the first time and felt secure enough in his position that it was unnecessary?

3) Sorshen had clone bodies. Did Xanderghul have them as well (even if he never used any), or did he never bother with that particular contingency method?

4) Runeforge had a number of experiments revolving around simulacra in the Pride section, along with clones. Were either of these part of how Xanderghul elected to survive Earthfall?

1) He likely knew a lot of the details, but did not know all of them.

2) Because he felt that he was bad-ass and powerful enough himself to handle anything the world would throw his way. Summoning ANYTHING is kind of admitting you need help to solve a problem, and as Runelord of Pride, Xanderghul never really felt that he needed help from anyone. And he was pretty much usually right on that count. ALSO: Conjuration was one of his opposition schools, and as a Thassilonian specialist, he couldn't cast ANY of those spells. Of course, in his mind, that was because casting conjuration spells to call for help is anathema to someone who doesn't ever NEED help.

3) Xanderghul may have had some clones... but he never used them because none of them were ever perfect enough to match the perfection that was his true original body, of course.

4) Nope. Xanderghul partially knew he'd survive Earthfall becasue he was simply too awesome to NOT survive. He may actually have been right.


Pathfinder Lost Omens, Rulebook, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

What is going on with the product releases after October? Is their a shipping/printing problem that is causing the release schedule to skip November and double pack January?


Valve wants to use Steam in the war for the living room against Microsoft, Nintendo and Sony, what do you think?

Paizo Employee Creative Director

zergtitan wrote:
What is going on with the product releases after October? Is their a shipping/printing problem that is causing the release schedule to skip November and double pack January?

You're basically seeing a post Gen-Con ripple to our schedule, more or less. Disruptions to our schedule happen every year as a result of Gen Con and the convention season, both before and after. We've been taking incremental steps over the past 2 years to get ahead of things so that this won't happen at some point in the future, and I hope this is the last time it does happen... but we won't know for sure until next year.

But yeah... it's not something we want to continue doing. It's inconvenient to our subscribers. It's inconvenient to our warehouse staff (who have to work extra hard on the double shipments, and who have to get creative at storing all that extra product). And it's hard on our art and editorial staff (who, for example, get to work 7 day weeks to catch up on stuff that's fallen behind—like me today!).

Paizo Employee Creative Director

Belle Mythix wrote:

Valve wants to use Steam in the war for the living room against Microsoft, Nintendo and Sony, what do you think?

I approve. Because I don't see it as a war. I see it as a golden age of console gaming, where the options are greater than ever before.

Also, I think that Valve knows a LOT about setting trends—Steam was the first (or one of the first) online video game marketplaces, after all.

And beyond that... I'm delighted that of the four, three of them (Valve, Nintendo, and Microsoft) are local! :-D


Nintendo is a Japanese Company.

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.

I started a thread on this, but there was no real consensus, so I thought I would ask here. :-)

There was a very good blog on poison use in Pathfinder, and I wonder if a similar one could be made to clear up mounted combat and charging issues.

I am going to be running a cavalier in PFS, and have realised that the mounted combat rules are extremely confusing, especially when combined with a charge…

As a result I have some questions:

1 . If you making a mounted charge and attack with a lance, does:
a. The charge stops at the reach distance of the lance (ie 10 foot away) from the enemy, and you then make your lance attack, and your dog stops and gets no attack, or
b. You make your lance attack at the reach distance of the lance (ie 10 foot away) and the dog charge then continues and your dog attacks the enemy when it is adjacent. You get to CHARGELANCEBITE!

2. What happens if your mount has reach, such as an axe beak?

3. If you have ride-by attack, can your mount attack the same enemy (E1) as you did? Or does it need spring attack? Can it instead go on to attack a 2nd enemy (E2) at the end of its charge? Or do you simply lose the attack of the mount if you use Ride-By Attack? (See diagram below)

4. When you and your mount attack, do you just make a ride check, or do you also need to make a handle animal check?

5. Given that Sean K Reynolds said “If YOU are mounted, the MOUNT is making the charge, YOU are NOT making a charge”, is this a valid interpretation of Ride-By Attack?

The additions are in bold and brackets:

Ride-By Attack (Combat)

While mounted and charging, you [and your mount] can move, strike at a foe, and then continue moving.

Prerequisites: Ride 1 rank, Mounted Combat.

Benefit: When you [,the PC,] are mounted and [your mount] use[s] the charge action, you [and your mount] may move and attack as if with a standard charge and then move again (continuing the straight line of the charge). Your total movement for the round can't exceed double your mounted speed. You and your mount do not provoke an attack of opportunity from the opponent that you attack.

I think this is a valid interpretation as in English, 'you' is both singular and plural. Hence 'you' can be interpreted as both the PC and the mount.

What do you think?

This interpretation would also allow both you and your mount to attack on the way through. (You both attack enemy E1), and the Ride-by Attack stops at any point between E1 and E2.

Y = Y
E1 = 1st enemy
E2 = 2nd enemy
| = path of your charge
Y
|
|
|
|E1
|
|
|
E2

6. One suggestion that helps clear up problems is the idea that you treat the attack of the PC as a readied attack, which gains the benefit of the mount's charge. Is this a valid interpretation?

Questions about mounted charges seem to crop up again and again, and most threads seem to reach no consensus. It would be great to have your input, especially as I am now playing PFS.

Thank you in advance for your time and reply.

Some relevant rules for easy reference:

Spoiler:

Ride-By Attack (Combat)
While mounted and charging, you can move, strike at a foe, and then continue moving.
Prerequisites: Ride 1 rank, Mounted Combat.
Benefit: When you are mounted and use the charge action, you may move and attack as if with a standard charge and then move again (continuing the straight line of the charge). Your total movement for the round can't exceed double your mounted speed. You and your mount do not provoke an attack of opportunity from the opponent that you attack.

Charge

Charging is a special full-round action that allows you to move up to twice your speed and attack during the action. Charging, however, carries tight restrictions on how you can move.
Movement During a Charge: You must move before your attack, not after. You must move at least 10 feet (2 squares) and may move up to double your speed directly toward the designated opponent. If you move a distance equal to your speed or less, you can also draw a weapon during a charge attack if your base attack bonus is at least +1.
You must have a clear path toward the opponent, and nothing can hinder your movement (such as difficult terrain or obstacles). You must move to the closest space from which you can attack the opponent. If this space is occupied or otherwise blocked, you can't charge. If any line from your starting space to the ending space passes through a square that blocks movement, slows movement, or contains a creature (even an ally), you can't charge. Helpless creatures don't stop a charge.
If you don't have line of sight to the opponent at the start of your turn, you can't charge that opponent.
You can't take a 5-foot step in the same round as a charge.
If you are able to take only a standard action on your turn, you can still charge, but you are only allowed to move up to your speed (instead of up to double your speed) and you cannot draw a weapon unless you possess the Quick Draw feat. You can't use this option unless you are restricted to taking only a standard action on your turn.
Attacking on a Charge: After moving, you may make a single melee attack. You get a +2 bonus on the attack roll and take a –2 penalty to your AC until the start of your next turn.
A charging character gets a +2 bonus on combat maneuver attack rolls made to bull rush an opponent.
Even if you have extra attacks, such as from having a high enough base attack bonus or from using multiple weapons, you only get to make one attack during a charge.
Lances and Charge Attacks: A lance deals double damage if employed by a mounted character in a charge.

Mounted Combat

These rules cover being mounted on a horse in combat but can also be applied to more unusual steeds, such as a griffon or dragon.
Mounts in Combat: Horses, ponies, and riding dogs can serve readily as combat steeds. Mounts that do not possess combat training (see the Handle Animal skill) are frightened by combat. If you don't dismount, you must make a DC 20 Ride check each round as a move action to control such a mount. If you succeed, you can perform a standard action after the move action. If you fail, the move action becomes a full-round action, and you can't do anything else until your next turn.
Your mount acts on your initiative count as you direct it. You move at its speed, but the mount uses its action to move.
A horse (not a pony) is a Large creature and thus takes up a space 10 feet (2 squares) across. For simplicity, assume that you share your mount's space during combat.
Combat while Mounted: With a DC 5 Ride check, you can guide your mount with your knees so as to use both hands to attack or defend yourself. This is a free action.
When you attack a creature smaller than your mount that is on foot, you get the +1 bonus on melee attacks for being on higher ground. If your mount moves more than 5 feet, you can only make a single melee attack. Essentially, you have to wait until the mount gets to your enemy before attacking, so you can't make a full attack. Even at your mount's full speed, you don't take any penalty on melee attacks while mounted.
If your mount charges, you also take the AC penalty associated with a charge. If you make an attack at the end of the charge, you receive the bonus gained from the charge. When charging on horseback, you deal double damage with a lance (see Charge).
You can use ranged weapons while your mount is taking a double move, but at a –4 penalty on the attack roll. You can use ranged weapons while your mount is running (quadruple speed) at a –8 penalty. In either case, you make the attack roll when your mount has completed half its movement. You can make a full attack with a ranged weapon while your mount is moving. Likewise, you can take move actions normally.

Link to old thread with input from Sean K Reynolds
link
Link to more recent thread
link


Azure_Zero wrote:
Nintendo is a Japanese Company.

Nintendo of America is in Redmond, Washington.


Then say Nintendo America, not Nintendo.
And Nintendo America is a sub-Company/Division of Nintendo.
Hence, I'm still right.


Not sure what you're trying to prove by splitting hairs, but congratulations?

Silver Crusade

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Azure_Zero wrote:

Then say Nintendo America, not Nintendo.

And Nintendo America is a sub-Company/Division of Nintendo.
Hence, I'm still right.

Irrelevant. It's all Illuminati. And they're based in Seatlle. So, you're wrong and I'm right. Tee hee.

Dark Archive

James, what is the worst thing that could potentially happen to Golarion at the moment? Except for Rovagug breaking out, I figure that would be game over. (in game things, not real world issues)

Also, have you ever written or considered writing any fiction like a novel or a short story?

Finally, where do you think you would be today if Paizo had gone belly up after Dragon and Dungeon disappeared?


James,

How do you feel about a character with Leadership being in a relationship with or marrying their Cohort?

Also, there's a new type of Hag in The Witch Queen's Revenge; do you think these Storm Hags should have their own type of gift that their changeling daughters get, or just use one of the ones from the other three hags? Is there any chance of there being an official racial trait at some point?

Also, am I correct in recalling that Night Hags' descendents are half-fiends or tieflings?

Paizo Employee Creative Director

Azure_Zero wrote:
Nintendo is a Japanese Company.

Nintendo of America has offices in Redmond, WA.

Paizo Employee Creative Director

Azure_Zero wrote:

Then say Nintendo America, not Nintendo.

And Nintendo America is a sub-Company/Division of Nintendo.
Hence, I'm still right.

Ah, the Internet.

(We don't say "Nintendo of America" up here in Redmond. At least... my friends who work there don't. It's pretty much assumed that we're talking about the local office for most discussions here in Washington).

Paizo Employee Creative Director

Phosphorus wrote:
(wrote a wall of text)

Not a fan of wall of text questions that cite this many different rules threads. Furthermore... intense wall of text rules threads like this are a good way to get my stock answer of:

This is a rules question and it should be asked on the rules forums where it can be FAQed.

Sorry!

Paizo Employee Creative Director

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Atrocious wrote:

James, what is the worst thing that could potentially happen to Golarion at the moment? Except for Rovagug breaking out, I figure that would be game over. (in game things, not real world issues)

Also, have you ever written or considered writing any fiction like a novel or a short story?

Finally, where do you think you would be today if Paizo had gone belly up after Dragon and Dungeon disappeared?

Paizo getting sold to some company that doesn't want to continue publishing Golarion content!

I've long wanted to write fiction, and I've got a webfiction story that's, alas, in perpetual stasis at this point as other day-job things keep my time away from it. But eventually, I would love to get into writing more fiction. I do a fair amount of it when I can... it's what I went to college for, as well, and I've got plenty of ideas for novels (including one for the Pathfinder Tales line that involves the Red Mantis and the Skinsaw Cult)... but so far... there's no time to work on these projects, alas.

If Paizo had gone belly up? I would have probably either formed some sort of small press publishing outfit with some friends, or I would have moved back to Northern California to pursue a fiction writing career. Chances that I'd be out of the game design industry by now would be significantly high, I suspect, unless I went into writing for some local game company like Valve or Arena.net or the like, I suppose. Who knows?

Paizo Employee Creative Director

The Golux wrote:

James,

How do you feel about a character with Leadership being in a relationship with or marrying their Cohort?

Also, there's a new type of Hag in The Witch Queen's Revenge; do you think these Storm Hags should have their own type of gift that their changeling daughters get, or just use one of the ones from the other three hags? Is there any chance of there being an official racial trait at some point?

Also, am I correct in recalling that Night Hags' descendents are half-fiends or tieflings?

I think that marrying your cohort is a cool idea! Although I think that it'd be even better for your spouse to be a "free" cohort you earn through game play. I guess in this case, Leadership is kinda like a mail-order bride?

I'd say that it's probably best for new hags to have their own variant changelings, but that's not something we've y et explored.

Night hag descendants would be changelings as well, I'd suspect... but maybe not.

Hag questions are more Wes questions, in any event.

Dark Archive

James Jacobs wrote:
Atrocious wrote:
James, what is the worst thing that could potentially happen to Golarion at the moment? Except for Rovagug breaking out, I figure that would be game over. (in game things, not real world issues)

Paizo getting sold to some company that doesn't want to continue publishing Golarion content!

Obviously, but I was taking about in game thing and not real world issues. I even wrote that in the original question, so I think you applied your "Question Dodge" feat inappropriately.

So what is the worst thing that can happen to Golarion, besides Rovagug breaking out?

Also, have you ever published any fiction at all? If so, where could I find it?


James Jacobs wrote:
4) Nope. Xanderghul partially knew he'd survive Earthfall becasue he was simply too awesome to NOT survive. He may actually have been right.

First, I love that attitude. "I'm just too pretty/awesome to die."

Second, does that imply that he might never have even bothered with the preservation methods that the other Runelords used and just rode it out while he was awake? So unlike Krune's sanctum, Karzoug's demiplane, and so on and so forth.


Is there a Mythic tarrasque out there?

Like, Rovagug has had it up to HERE and makes a more powerful, sapient and loyal devastators to completely wreck Golarion.

Also, if Fafnheir set his death curse in a Mythic hero, would the resurrected Linnorm King become Mythic?

36,601 to 36,650 of 83,732 << first < prev | 728 | 729 | 730 | 731 | 732 | 733 | 734 | 735 | 736 | 737 | 738 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Off-Topic Discussions / >>Ask *James Jacobs* ALL your Questions Here!<< All Messageboards