>>Ask *James Jacobs* ALL your Questions Here!<<


Off-Topic Discussions

19,551 to 19,600 of 77,114 << first < prev | 387 | 388 | 389 | 390 | 391 | 392 | 393 | 394 | 395 | 396 | 397 | next > last >>
Paizo Employee Creative Director

MagiMaster wrote:

Does command-word pricing apply to any standard-action-use item?

Can a use-activated item be used as part of an iterative attack (assuming the stated use makes sense)?
Assuming the second answer is yes, can it be used multiple times per round?

Depends entirely on the item in question. With the more times you use an item, the more expensive it gets. A use-activated item that can be used multiple times a round as a free action (which is what linking it to iterative attacks would be) would be pretty costly. Your best bet there is to just make a magic weapon with an effect that triggers when you hit.

The Exchange

in the blog post http://paizo.com/paizo/blog/v5748dyo5lbwn you give Sivanah the protean subdomain even though chaos is not a domain for her. how does that work?

Paizo Employee Creative Director

FiddlersGreen wrote:


Pseudodragons are pretty high on my list too, although I tend to compare them with faerie dragons. Why do you prefer pseudodragons to faerie dragons?

Pretty much entirely because of the old adventure Sinister Secret at Saltmarsh, where you can rescue a pseudodragon and it becomes your ally. Faerie dragons didn't come around until a year or so later in the MM2. And as such, they're always a year or two behind on the cool meter.

Plus, pseudodragons are awesomer.

Paizo Employee Creative Director

3 people marked this as a favorite.
Hangman Henry IX wrote:
in the blog post http://paizo.com/paizo/blog/v5748dyo5lbwn you give Sivanah the protean subdomain even though chaos is not a domain for her. how does that work?

Sometimes a deity is so right for a subdomain that it's okay to break the rules and give them the one that's great when they normally can't get that subdomain.

Sczarni RPG Superstar 2012 Top 32

Do the Blackfire Adepts and Riftwardens play any part in the conflict of the Worldwound?


1 person marked this as a favorite.

In golarion what exactly makes a god a god?

Apsu, Tiamat, Sarenrae, Pharasma and other such deities make sense to me because they have something to do with the mechanics or creation of the universe or have simply been around since basically the beginning.

But others seem to be simply powerful entities, or did something spectacular that imparted on them great power.

at first I thought that the ability to provide domain powers was it... but then it seems as if any sufficiently strong outsider can do this.

Is it simply a matter of power or are there some other abilities and responsibilities related as a base line division between being a god and just being really powerful?


James Jacobs wrote:

I am indeed familiar with the Hero Builder's Guide. Hated the artwork in it, and thought that while the concept of the book was solid... it didn't go far enough with its concepts. In other words, I think some of the stuff in there is really worth thinking about doing a similar book for Pathifnder some day...

Yes please!


If anything that provides a bonus to hit also provides that bonus to CMB, Why does a small character's bonus to hit not cancel out their penalty to CMB?

I ask this not to argue that they should cancel out, but simply to gain a better understanding of the rules.

Paizo Employee Creative Director

Thomas LeBlanc wrote:
Do the Blackfire Adepts and Riftwardens play any part in the conflict of the Worldwound?

Yes.

Paizo Employee Creative Director

blue_the_wolf wrote:

In golarion what exactly makes a god a god?

Apsu, Tiamat, Sarenrae, Pharasma and other such deities make sense to me because they have something to do with the mechanics or creation of the universe or have simply been around since basically the beginning.

But others seem to be simply powerful entities, or did something spectacular that imparted on them great power.

at first I thought that the ability to provide domain powers was it... but then it seems as if any sufficiently strong outsider can do this.

Is it simply a matter of power or are there some other abilities and responsibilities related as a base line division between being a god and just being really powerful?

What makes a deity a deity is, at this point, unquantified and unrevealed. I'm hesitant to nail it down until there's actual rules to work with. But it's not just one thing... there's lots of things.

Paizo Employee Creative Director

Danny Kessler wrote:

If anything that provides a bonus to hit also provides that bonus to CMB, Why does a small character's bonus to hit not cancel out their penalty to CMB?

I ask this not to argue that they should cancel out, but simply to gain a better understanding of the rules.

Creatures do gain a penalty to their CMB that precisely offsets/cancels out their bonus to attack from their size.

Sovereign Court

Will my GM murder me (or really though just the character) in my sleep for creating a Leo Getz character (Street performer bard with antagonize)?

If so, do you have any creative suggestions for him?


James Jacobs wrote:
Danny Kessler wrote:

If anything that provides a bonus to hit also provides that bonus to CMB, Why does a small character's bonus to hit not cancel out their penalty to CMB?

I ask this not to argue that they should cancel out, but simply to gain a better understanding of the rules.

Creatures do gain a penalty to their CMB that precisely offsets/cancels out their bonus to attack from their size.

Wait, what? Let me make sure I understand you. Say we have a level 1 halfling fighter with a strength of 16. His CMB is:

A: 1 (BAB) +3 (str) -1 (size to CMB) = +3

or

B: 1 (BAB) +3 (str) -1 (size to CMB) +1 (size to hit) = +4

Which is correct?

In other words, does or halfling's size make him worse at combat maneuvers than a human with the same strength score, or does it just not make him better?

(Edited for clarity.)


James Jacobs wrote:
Hangman Henry IX wrote:
in the blog post http://paizo.com/paizo/blog/v5748dyo5lbwn you give Sivanah the protean subdomain even though chaos is not a domain for her. how does that work?
Sometimes a deity is so right for a subdomain that it's okay to break the rules and give them the one that's great when they normally can't get that subdomain.

... also, world creation is hardly a pre-requisite for godliness in most pantheistic mythologies. Neither Zeus nor Odin, both chief in their respective pantheons, were the creators of the world.


James:
In the Legacy of Fire Player's Guide there is a trait called Strength of the Sun. This trait gives a +1 bonus to all Charisma based checks.

According to the Core Rulebook any D20 roll is a check. Any check that has charisma added to it is a charisma check.

Question: While I understand the intent is to give a +1 bonus to all charisma skills and charisma ability checks is it also the intent of this trait to give a +1 bonus to the following checks:
Concentration checks (bards, paladins, sorcerers, and oracles)
Intitiative checks (there is an ability that lets you add charisma to intitiative)
Reflex save (the lore oracle may add charisma instead of dexterity to reflex)

- Gauss


Pathfinder Rulebook Subscriber

James, a question has come up in the ARG thread to which I haven't been able to find an answer. Perhaps you can help...

The "large" size racial trait lists a +2 Str/-2 Dex size bonus to abilities. However, all of the examples given in the section (centaur, ogre, etc.) do not have those bonuses. They only have the racial ability modifiers, but not the size ones. At first I thought maybe they were just already factored in to the attack and AC size bonuses (like with halflings and gnomes), but the entry specifically lists both modifiers. So, if I build a humanoid (giant) race, do they get the +2 Str/-2 Dex in addition to their racial ability modifiers, or not? Your rulebook says "yes," your example entries say "no."


I read a long time ago (3.0 or 3.5 rules) that the 10 in the AC formula was basically just taking 10 on a d20 roll. There was an alternative rule to actively roll AC. Assuming my memory is not failing me this makes AC a dexterity check.

Assuming the above is correct is AC still considered a dexterity check in PF?


If you destroy a Lich's body, but not his phylactery, then cast resurrection (or true resurrection) on the body, will he be restored to life? Or must you first destroy the Phylactery? Same question applies to Graveknights, must you destroy their armor first?

Resurrection
Lich
Graveknight


James Jacobs wrote:
Belle Mythix wrote:
(link)

Not really sure what that link is for... but thanks anyway?

You said you didn't remember which book is which edition.

Topic about the differences in Catfolk arts between B3 and the ARG , Want to join in? (there are some complaining, but no flame war).


James,

Regarding the movement of familiars.

I have a bat familiar on my person (it is riding me) and I cast a touch spell, move 30feet, and then the familiar jumps off of me and moves its 40feet and touches the target (discharging the spell).

The bat effectively got a 30foot boost from my movement. Is there any rule regarding this that I am missing or that would say this scenario is incorrect?

Thanks in advance.

- Gauss


Hey James,

Do fire spells lose their fire descriptor if Elemental Spell Metamagic changes their damage to cold damage? I ask in reference to the Draconic Arcana. It would make sense, but it doesn't seem to happen via RAW. If you feel it is up to the GM, how would you rule it?


Pathfinder Companion, Maps Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

So Baba Yaga is coming?


1)Have you seen "Brave" or "Abraham Lincon Vampire Hunter" yet? if so did you like them?

2)Rootbeer or cream soda?

3)Have seen "Shaun of the Dead", "Hot Fuzz", or "Paul"? if so did you like them?

4)What anime have you seen?

5)Do you have a PS3? if so what games do you have?

6)If you were allowing non-core races from the ARG wich ones would you allow? wich ones would you not allow?

7)Who are your favorite Batman villian(s)?

Sczarni RPG Superstar 2012 Top 32

Dragon78 wrote:


2)Rootbeer or cream soda?

James expanded choice list, which do you prefer: birch beer, root beer, sarsaparilla, or cream soda?

Have you tried all of those?


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook Subscriber

Two more random questions, this inspired by a recent thread on Ghol-Gan

1) Who came up with the idea for the Ghol-Gan Cyclops civilization

2) I suspect this answer will be kept intentionally vague, but what sort of being did the Blood Queen start out as? Was she originally at least a member of one of the existing evil outsider types, something unique, a member of a type yet to be revealed in print, or actually something from the Dark Tapestry

Paizo Employee Creative Director

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Roac wrote:

Will my GM murder me (or really though just the character) in my sleep for creating a Leo Getz character (Street performer bard with antagonize)?

If so, do you have any creative suggestions for him?

Bards still have an uphill battle to get to the top of cool mountain... why would you do this to them?

Paizo Employee Creative Director

Danny Kessler wrote:
James Jacobs wrote:
Danny Kessler wrote:

If anything that provides a bonus to hit also provides that bonus to CMB, Why does a small character's bonus to hit not cancel out their penalty to CMB?

I ask this not to argue that they should cancel out, but simply to gain a better understanding of the rules.

Creatures do gain a penalty to their CMB that precisely offsets/cancels out their bonus to attack from their size.

Wait, what? Let me make sure I understand you. Say we have a level 1 halfling fighter with a strength of 16. His CMB is:

A: 1 (BAB) +3 (str) -1 (size to CMB) = +3

or

B: 1 (BAB) +3 (str) -1 (size to CMB) +1 (size to hit) = +4

Which is correct?

In other words, does or halfling's size make him worse at combat maneuvers than a human with the same strength score, or does it just not make him better?

(Edited for clarity.)

A is correct.

Paizo Employee Creative Director

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Gauss wrote:

James:

In the Legacy of Fire Player's Guide there is a trait called Strength of the Sun. This trait gives a +1 bonus to all Charisma based checks.

According to the Core Rulebook any D20 roll is a check. Any check that has charisma added to it is a charisma check.

Question: While I understand the intent is to give a +1 bonus to all charisma skills and charisma ability checks is it also the intent of this trait to give a +1 bonus to the following checks:
Concentration checks (bards, paladins, sorcerers, and oracles)
Intitiative checks (there is an ability that lets you add charisma to intitiative)
Reflex save (the lore oracle may add charisma instead of dexterity to reflex)

- Gauss

If you modify a roll by your Charisma modifier, it's a Charisma check and thus would gain the bonus. Note that Divine Grace does NOT actaully add your Charisma bonus to saves, merely an equal bonus to your Charisma bonus, so in this case, the trait wouldn't help your saves.

Paizo Employee Creative Director

Wildebob wrote:

James, a question has come up in the ARG thread to which I haven't been able to find an answer. Perhaps you can help...

The "large" size racial trait lists a +2 Str/-2 Dex size bonus to abilities. However, all of the examples given in the section (centaur, ogre, etc.) do not have those bonuses. They only have the racial ability modifiers, but not the size ones. At first I thought maybe they were just already factored in to the attack and AC size bonuses (like with halflings and gnomes), but the entry specifically lists both modifiers. So, if I build a humanoid (giant) race, do they get the +2 Str/-2 Dex in addition to their racial ability modifiers, or not? Your rulebook says "yes," your example entries say "no."

I can't really help you with that, since I wasn't part of the design and development of that section. It sounds like there's merely a disconnect between the rules and the example—post this question in the ARG thread and hit the FAQ button is the best I can do.

Especially since Large normally grants a +8 bonus to your Strength and a +4 bonus to Con...

My actual advice, frankly, is "Don't play Large characters" because the game's not really built with that type of PC in mind. A GM who allows Large characters is going to have a lot of work ahead of him.

Paizo Employee Creative Director

Gignere wrote:

I read a long time ago (3.0 or 3.5 rules) that the 10 in the AC formula was basically just taking 10 on a d20 roll. There was an alternative rule to actively roll AC. Assuming my memory is not failing me this makes AC a dexterity check.

Assuming the above is correct is AC still considered a dexterity check in PF?

Nope.

AC is not a check at all. It's a static number.

Paizo Employee Creative Director

Tels wrote:

If you destroy a Lich's body, but not his phylactery, then cast resurrection (or true resurrection) on the body, will he be restored to life? Or must you first destroy the Phylactery? Same question applies to Graveknights, must you destroy their armor first?

Resurrection
Lich
Graveknight

Nope. You have to destroy the phylactery first, and the now-destroyed undead has to want to be resurrected in the first place.

Normally, being undead pretty much blocks all resurrection attempts; the exceptions are in specific monster entries with things like "resurrection vulnerability."


This is silly but here goes. Some question I posted on Deviant Art:
1. What's your favorite song from a TV or show opening?
2. What's your favorite cartoon or anime?
3. What, for you, is a sign that you are in a solid romantic relationship?
4. How many of Shakespeare's plays have you read?
5. What video game have you spent the most time playing?
6. You meet a sociable brony on the street. How do you react/treat him?
7. Red or blue?
8. Fantasy or Science Fiction?
9. Deleted for obvious answer...
10. Do the physical needs of a person allow him to relate to people on a base level, what affects would the removal of physical needs have on his relating to other people, and what can he do to reduce or remove the adverse affects of this removal?

Paizo Employee Creative Director

Belle Mythix wrote:
James Jacobs wrote:
Belle Mythix wrote:
(link)

Not really sure what that link is for... but thanks anyway?

You said you didn't remember which book is which edition.

Topic about the differences in Catfolk arts between B3 and the ARG , Want to join in? (there are some complaining, but no flame war).

Ah... well, I guess another way I could have written that was, "I'm too lazy right now to do the brief research to determine if this book was 3.0 or 3.5."

And I'll pass on joining the catfolk art discussion. I vastly prefer the art in Bestiary 3, for what it's worth, and am pretty frustrated we can't seem to settle on a single look for catfolk.

Paizo Employee Creative Director

9 people marked this as a favorite.
Justin Franklin wrote:
So Baba Yaga is coming?

That's a rather personal question.

Paizo Employee Creative Director

Gauss wrote:

James,

Regarding the movement of familiars.

I have a bat familiar on my person (it is riding me) and I cast a touch spell, move 30feet, and then the familiar jumps off of me and moves its 40feet and touches the target (discharging the spell).

The bat effectively got a 30foot boost from my movement. Is there any rule regarding this that I am missing or that would say this scenario is incorrect?

Thanks in advance.

- Gauss

That works fine. Although if you're doing that, you might want to have your bat go on its own initiative score.

Paizo Employee Creative Director

3 people marked this as a favorite.
Oterisk wrote:

Hey James,

Do fire spells lose their fire descriptor if Elemental Spell Metamagic changes their damage to cold damage? I ask in reference to the Draconic Arcana. It would make sense, but it doesn't seem to happen via RAW. If you feel it is up to the GM, how would you rule it?

They do not lose the descriptor. It's weird... but they don't.

Paizo Employee Creative Director

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Dragon78 wrote:

1)Have you seen "Brave" or "Abraham Lincon Vampire Hunter" yet? if so did you like them?

2)Rootbeer or cream soda?

3)Have seen "Shaun of the Dead", "Hot Fuzz", or "Paul"? if so did you like them?

4)What anime have you seen?

5)Do you have a PS3? if so what games do you have?

6)If you were allowing non-core races from the ARG wich ones would you allow? wich ones would you not allow?

7)Who are your favorite Batman villian(s)?

1) Nope, neither.

2) Root beer.

3) Yes, Yes, and Yes. In that order (Shaun of the Dead best, Paul the worst but still not bad).

4) Plenty. That's like asking "what action movies have you seen?"

5) Yes. Not many—I buy most of my games for the Xbox. The only PS3 game I'm actively playing at this point is Assassin's Creed Revelations.

6) Depends 100% on the campaign I was running.

7) Top 3 favorite Batman villains: Ra's al-Ghul, Joker, Catwoman (even though she's kinda a good gal).

Paizo Employee Creative Director

Thomas LeBlanc wrote:
Dragon78 wrote:


2)Rootbeer or cream soda?

James expanded choice list, which do you prefer: birch beer, root beer, sarsaparilla, or cream soda?

Have you tried all of those?

Root beer... although I went through a period back in high school where I liked sarsaparilla better. Never really did like cream soda much, and the one time I tried birch beer it nearly made me puke.

Paizo Employee Creative Director

MMCJawa wrote:

Two more random questions, this inspired by a recent thread on Ghol-Gan

1) Who came up with the idea for the Ghol-Gan Cyclops civilization

2) I suspect this answer will be kept intentionally vague, but what sort of being did the Blood Queen start out as? Was she originally at least a member of one of the existing evil outsider types, something unique, a member of a type yet to be revealed in print, or actually something from the Dark Tapestry

1) I believe that was Erik Mona, with a bit of help from me and Wes and some other folks. Erik always wanted an ancient cyclopes civilization in the region... but I can't remember if it was him or me or someone else who put that civilization in Ghol-Gan.

2) Unrevealed. Some mysteries are better left as mysteries.

Paizo Employee Creative Director

1 person marked this as a favorite.
The NPC wrote:

This is silly but here goes. Some question I posted on Deviant Art:

1. What's your favorite song from a TV or show opening?
2. What's your favorite cartoon or anime?
3. What, for you, is a sign that you are in a solid romantic relationship?
4. How many of Shakespeare's plays have you read?
5. What video game have you spent the most time playing?
6. You meet a sociable brony on the street. How do you react/treat him?
7. Red or blue?
8. Fantasy or Science Fiction?
9. Deleted for obvious answer...
10. Do the physical needs of a person allow him to relate to people on a base level, what affects would the removal of physical needs have on his relating to other people, and what can he do to reduce or remove the adverse affects of this removal?

1) Currently, the opening to Game of Thrones.

2) Currently, Archer.
3) Not being depressed if you win a prize that's a trip for two to somewhere cool. Alternatively, not being depressed on Valentine's Day.
4) More than half.
5) Tough question... probably Neverwinter Nights 1 (if you include all the fan-content).
6) First, I look up "brony" on the internets to find out what the heck a brony is. Then, knowing what it is, I treat them the same way I'd treat anyone else I met on the street—if they're cool, I'll chat with them, but if they're jerks, I'll walk away.
7) Red. Because direct damage is more fun and exciting than counterspelling.
8) Horror (which can be both).
9) Now I feel left out.
10) That question seems to be missing some words or has some weird grammar thing going on that makes it difficult to parse.


James Jacobs wrote:
Gauss wrote:

James:

In the Legacy of Fire Player's Guide there is a trait called Strength of the Sun. This trait gives a +1 bonus to all Charisma based checks.

According to the Core Rulebook any D20 roll is a check. Any check that has charisma added to it is a charisma check.

Question: While I understand the intent is to give a +1 bonus to all charisma skills and charisma ability checks is it also the intent of this trait to give a +1 bonus to the following checks:
Concentration checks (bards, paladins, sorcerers, and oracles)
Intitiative checks (there is an ability that lets you add charisma to intitiative)
Reflex save (the lore oracle may add charisma instead of dexterity to reflex)

- Gauss

If you modify a roll by your Charisma modifier, it's a Charisma check and thus would gain the bonus. Note that Divine Grace does NOT actaully add your Charisma bonus to saves, merely an equal bonus to your Charisma bonus, so in this case, the trait wouldn't help your saves.

James, I understand the wording does that. I figured since you had a hand in the guide you might know what the intent was. It seems rather expansive to extend it to every charisma check.

- Gauss


1)Well then what are your top 10 anime?

2)What anime have you seen from the 80's?

3)Most recent anime that you like?


James Jacobs wrote:
Danny Kessler wrote:
James Jacobs wrote:
Danny Kessler wrote:

If anything that provides a bonus to hit also provides that bonus to CMB, Why does a small character's bonus to hit not cancel out their penalty to CMB?

I ask this not to argue that they should cancel out, but simply to gain a better understanding of the rules.

Creatures do gain a penalty to their CMB that precisely offsets/cancels out their bonus to attack from their size.

Wait, what? Let me make sure I understand you. Say we have a level 1 halfling fighter with a strength of 16. His CMB is:

A: 1 (BAB) +3 (str) -1 (size to CMB) = +3

or

B: 1 (BAB) +3 (str) -1 (size to CMB) +1 (size to hit) = +4

Which is correct?

In other words, does or halfling's size make him worse at combat maneuvers than a human with the same strength score, or does it just not make him better?

(Edited for clarity.)

A is correct.

That's what I thought. In that case, to rephrase my earlier theoretical question: why is A correct? Put a different way, is it that the size bonus to hit is an exception to the rule that any bonus to hit applies to CMB as well, or is it that there is a nuance to the rules for calculating bonuses that makes this so? Or something else? Again, I'm not poking at this rule as the basis for some kind of horrible rules-lawyering argument, I'm poking at it just to satisfy my curiosity.


James Jacobs wrote:

Ah... well, I guess another way I could have written that was, "I'm too lazy right now to do the brief research to determine if this book was 3.0 or 3.5."

And I'll pass on joining the catfolk art discussion. I vastly prefer the art in Bestiary 3, for what it's worth, and am pretty frustrated we can't seem to settle on a single look for catfolk.

Well thank you, I agree.

Paizo Employee Creative Director

Gauss wrote:

James, I understand the wording does that. I figured since you had a hand in the guide you might know what the intent was. It seems rather expansive to extend it to every charisma check.

- Gauss

Well... the original idea was that it covers Charisma-based skill checks and turn undead checks... that's about it. Since then, the ways you can get Charisma checks from stacking feats and archetypes and more has grown. If you're going to hyperspecialize in making Charisma checks, though... I don't have a problem with you gaining an additional +1 bonus.

Paizo Employee Creative Director

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Dragon78 wrote:

1)Well then what are your top 10 anime?

2)What anime have you seen from the 80's?

3)Most recent anime that you like?

1) Princess Mononoke, Spirited Away, Nausica, Star Blazers, Vampire Hunter D... beyond that, to be honest, not much stands out.

2) Star Blazers!!

3) Haven't actually seen one I've liked for a while.

Paizo Employee Creative Director

Danny Kessler wrote:


That's what I thought. In that case, to rephrase my earlier theoretical question: why is A correct? Put a different way, is it that the size bonus to hit is an exception to the rule that any bonus to hit applies to CMB as well, or is it that there is a nuance to the rules for calculating bonuses that makes this so? Or something else? Again, I'm not poking at this rule as the basis for some kind of horrible rules-lawyering argument, I'm poking at it just to satisfy my curiosity.

A is correct because that's how Jason designed the CMB/CMD rules. Because things that are smaller tend to have a harder time at grabbing or tripping or overrunning or disarming things that are larger. The fact that DEX gets added into CMD helps to boost smaller creatures usually since they generally have higher Dex scores than larger creatures.

But basically, the reasoning is that the bigger you are, the easier it is for you to make CMB checks.

Liberty's Edge

Pathfinder Companion Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
James Jacobs wrote:
Gauss wrote:

James,

Regarding the movement of familiars.

I have a bat familiar on my person (it is riding me) and I cast a touch spell, move 30feet, and then the familiar jumps off of me and moves its 40feet and touches the target (discharging the spell).

The bat effectively got a 30foot boost from my movement. Is there any rule regarding this that I am missing or that would say this scenario is incorrect?

Thanks in advance.

- Gauss

That works fine. Although if you're doing that, you might want to have your bat go on its own initiative score.

It seem a bit counter intuitive. Wouldn't be the same that saying that a horseman could use the horse move during the horse turn, then dismount and move during his turn on foot?

If that is possible, how many "carried by other" movements we can do in one round? It seem the peasant railgun fallacy, if I have enough character in a row I can have them pick up the familiar, move 30' then then give it to another character that will repeat the maneuver, having it moving hundred or thousand of feet in one round.

Liberty's Edge

Pathfinder Companion Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
James Jacobs wrote:
Dragon78 wrote:


5)Do you have a PS3? if so what games do you have?

5) Yes. Not many—I buy most of my games for the Xbox. The only PS3 game I'm actively playing at this point is Assassin's Creed Revelations.

Have you tried Valkyria Chronicles?

Paizo Employee Creative Director

Diego Rossi wrote:

It seem a bit counter intuitive. Wouldn't be the same that saying that a horseman could use the horse move during the horse turn, then dismount and move during his turn on foot?

If that is possible, how many "carried by other" movements we can do in one round? It seem the peasant railgun fallacy, if I have enough character in a row I can have them pick up the familiar, move 30' then then give it to another character that will repeat the maneuver, having it moving hundred or thousand of feet in one round.

The difference there is that the bat's not using the Ride skill to "pilot" the PC (and no... familiars can't do that). When you ride a horse, it functions more like a vehicle than its own creature.

Let common sense guide your heart in this case, in other words.

19,551 to 19,600 of 77,114 << first < prev | 387 | 388 | 389 | 390 | 391 | 392 | 393 | 394 | 395 | 396 | 397 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Off-Topic Discussions / >>Ask *James Jacobs* ALL your Questions Here!<< All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.