Compiled APG spoiler thread


Product Discussion

951 to 965 of 965 << first < prev | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | next > last >>

Jason Nelson wrote:
northbrb wrote:
are there any rage powers designed specifically for any of the new barbarian archetypes?
Sure. There are natural weapon rage powers that go with a savage barbarian, drinking rage powers that go with the a drunken barbarian, elemental rage powers that go with an elemental barbarian, mounted rage powers that go with a mounted barbarian, throwing-stuff rage powers that go with a barbarian that likes to hurl (would that be the bulimic barbarian?--sorry, bad joke, forgot the name)... so, not all of em, but a lot of em.

And thanks to the The APG the barbarian is now such a cool class.

I really love the new stuff.


Here's a spell that made me go "Oh, holy bleep", for those still waiting on their copies. I'll summarize instead of copy-pasting.

Contagious flame is a 6th level version of scorching ray that caps at 5 rays and recasts itself every round for three rounds at no action cost to the caster.

It does actually have some restrictions (you only get one recast ray per creature hit by the previous round's rays, so you have to spread the damage out some until the last round), but it's still triple-Twinned Intensified Scorching Ray as a 6th level spell. O.O


could some one give me a list of the new prestige classes

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
northbrb wrote:
could some one give me a list of the new prestige classes

There's a list of the new PrCs with descriptions in a blog post from few days ago. You may have to scroll down a while, given the GenCon blog flood :)


Gorbacz wrote:
northbrb wrote:
could some one give me a list of the new prestige classes
There's a list of the new PrCs with descriptions in a blog post from few days ago. You may have to scroll down a while, given the GenCon blog flood :)

where would i find the blog at, i have never look at it before

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
northbrb wrote:
Gorbacz wrote:
northbrb wrote:
could some one give me a list of the new prestige classes
There's a list of the new PrCs with descriptions in a blog post from few days ago. You may have to scroll down a while, given the GenCon blog flood :)
where would i find the blog at, i have never look at it before

Whooo man, you missed a lot of cool stuff (luckily everything is still there)

Go HERE

Some scrolling down and you will find a post named Pathfinder Advanced Player's Guide Preview #5 - it's about the PrCs.


Gorbacz wrote:
northbrb wrote:
Gorbacz wrote:
northbrb wrote:
could some one give me a list of the new prestige classes
There's a list of the new PrCs with descriptions in a blog post from few days ago. You may have to scroll down a while, given the GenCon blog flood :)
where would i find the blog at, i have never look at it before

Whooo man, you missed a lot of cool stuff (luckily everything is still there)

Go HERE

Some scrolling down and you will find a post named Pathfinder Advanced Player's Guide Preview #5 - it's about the PrCs.

thanks


Well I just got the physical copy of the book in my hands today. Just came into the store today and I didn't have to pay one cent for it. One of my players bought the book for me in exchange for me modifying a plastic mini for him to look like his character. Good deal if you ask me.

It is so much easier on the eyes to read this book not on the screen.

Anyways, as I was continuing my reading of this book I am now in the spells and I came across a spell that I think is just a gem.

Quote:

Enter Image

School transmutation; Level bard 2, cleric 3, sorcerer/wizard 3
Casting Time 1 standard action
Components V, S, M/DF (a drop of paint and a ball of clay)
Range 50 ft./level
Effect transfer consciousness to any object bearing your likeness
Duration concentration
Saving Throw none; Spell Resistance no
You gain a dim impression of the activities around any
object bearing your face or form and can also project your
consciousness into one such object at a time, allowing you
to observe or even interact with nearby creatures. This spell
allows you to leave your body and subconsciously monitor the
immediate area around any depiction of your image whether
one, hundreds, or even thousands. Each such image has the
full range of your normal senses (sight, hearing, smell, etc.) and
you can make a Perception check to notice anything occurring
nearby. The DC of this check is always 10 greater than what it
would be if you were actually present at that location, so even
if you would normally notice something automatically (such as
talking, normally a DC of 0), you would need to make a DC 10
Perception check to notice it.
You may, at any time, choose to fill one specific image
within range with your consciousness. While inside an image
you lose the ability to monitor any other images within range
but remain fully aware of your own body’s surroundings. Your
body is defenseless and helpless (always failing any saving
throw) while your consciousness is filling an image, but you
can return to it at any time as an immediate action.
When you fill an image with your consciousness it gains a
limited form of animation. Statues and similar three-dimensional
representations can move their heads, make gestures, and talk,
but cannot attack or leave their square without assistance.
Portraits or similar two-dimensional representations bearing
your likeness can also talk and your image can move anywhere
within the picture or even temporarily alter it (such as by picking
a flower in the painting). You cannot use any spells or other
abilities while within an image.
You may leave the image at any time, returning you to your
body. Once your consciousness departs from an object bearing
your likeness, it immediately reverts to the appearance it had
before you entered it. If someone destroys or damages the
image you return to your body unharmed. The spell lasts until
you cease concentrating, or until it is terminated by some
outside means, such as a dispel magic cast upon either the
image or your body, or if your body is killed.

Now not only is this great for security purposes in your character's domain, but I think I found a way to use this offensively. Now this can only work if you are an Artificer or a Effigy Master or at the very least have a high degree of engineering profession and knowledge.

You create and effigy or clockwork likeness of yourself. This clockwork copy of yourself is inanimate so it is nothing more than a statue, but it is one that can move and attack if it only had a will. The spell states that you can animate some statues that look like you to a limited degree but that you cannot attack or leave the square without assistance. The fact that you are now entered through a clockwork version of your self, that has gears and a power source of some kind ( Clockwork tension, Steam, etc. . .) You now have assistance in being able to attack and move. While it is true that you cannot cast spells through this mimicry of yourself you can move an attack with it because the gears and internal power would be assisting you.


Hello, I was wondering if anyone would mind telling me what the magician gets in exchange for inspire courage? what else do they lose? From what little I've been able to find out, it reminds me a lot of the Sublime Chord prestige class with the exception of getting 7th,8th & 9th level spells (which is fine).

Overall it's the bardic archetypes I find the most exciting. They almost eliminate the need for multi-classing.

I missed the kit system from 2nd edition and am glad to see it back.

The Traits are also a welcome mechanic and it's nice to have them legitimized in the APG.


levelupper wrote:

Hello, I was wondering if anyone would mind telling me what the magician gets in exchange for inspire courage? what else do they lose? From what little I've been able to find out, it reminds me a lot of the Sublime Chord prestige class with the exception of getting 7th,8th & 9th level spells (which is fine).

Overall it's the bardic archetypes I find the most exciting. They almost eliminate the need for multi-classing.

I missed the kit system from 2nd edition and am glad to see it back.

The Traits are also a welcome mechanic and it's nice to have them legitimized in the APG.

instead of inspire courage they gain dweomercraft, a song that gives a bonus to caster levels, concentration checks, and attack rolls to spells and spell-like abilities. The bonus scales exactly like inspire courage.

They get a bonded item (not familiar), counterspelling abilities and extra spells known. They get some other neat tricks on top of that. All the bard archetypes change a lot of abilities.


MinstrelintheGallery wrote:
levelupper wrote:

Hello, I was wondering if anyone would mind telling me what the magician gets in exchange for inspire courage? what else do they lose? From what little I've been able to find out, it reminds me a lot of the Sublime Chord prestige class with the exception of getting 7th,8th & 9th level spells (which is fine).

Overall it's the bardic archetypes I find the most exciting. They almost eliminate the need for multi-classing.

I missed the kit system from 2nd edition and am glad to see it back.

The Traits are also a welcome mechanic and it's nice to have them legitimized in the APG.

instead of inspire courage they gain dweomercraft, a song that gives a bonus to caster levels, concentration checks, and attack rolls to spells and spell-like abilities. The bonus scales exactly like inspire courage.

They get a bonded item (not familiar), counterspelling abilities and extra spells known. They get some other neat tricks on top of that. All the bard archetypes change a lot of abilities.

Oh my.

That sounds potent. I imagine the magician chooses where the bonus goes. The countersong/distraction sounds like the trade-off for counterspelling, the and I'm hoping that musical instruments are permissible for Bard archetypes that get arcane bond.

Thanks!!

The cool thing about his is that it's a way to play a 'mage' that's more survivable (¾ BAB, d8 HD, light armor) and more skilled (6 skill pts. & a more class skills).


is there a ranger archetype that replaces his spells with something else?

RPG Superstar 2010 Top 32

northbrb wrote:
is there a ranger archetype that replaces his spells with something else?

Yes. The Skirmisher replaces spells with Hunter's Tricks. They get one at 5th, then 1 / 2 levels thereafter.

Sample tricks- Catfall, Defensive Bow Stance, Hobbling Attack, Quick Healing, Trick Shot, Uncanny Senses.

They can use tricks 1/2 ranger level + Wis mod. They're usually swift, move, or free actions that modify another action.


Quick question: Am I missing something obvious, or does the 15th level Shadow Sorcerer bloodline ability not list all the necessary information? It doesn't say how often you can use the ability, or how big the area is.

Also, why would you gain darkvision as your 2nd level spell if you gain darkvision as a class feature at 3rd level? I guess it's useful for those fools who travel with humans...

Also also, why can't they see through magical darkness until 20th level? Boo. I was really expecting them to get that ability much earlier.

At least they get Hide in Plain Sight! That made me dance like a three-year-old on Christmas morning.

951 to 965 of 965 << first < prev | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Pathfinder / Pathfinder First Edition / Paizo Products / Product Discussion / Compiled APG spoiler thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.
Recent threads in Product Discussion