Errata / Typos in APG


Product Discussion

151 to 200 of 538 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

William Wells 55 wrote:
Charles Evans 25 wrote:


Well, you could post it up here (if you have the time) in case it's any use to The Powers That Be, or to other APG users in the interim until something official does materialise. :)

Okay. Here it is:

Passion
Deities: Calistria, Shelyn...

Ooh, interesting.

It's a bit tricky to comment on as some of the powers are situational (being enchantment/charm) so do not work vs. some creature types, but I'm a bit worried about the DC boost of Beauty Smiles, in the context that it does stack with Spell Focus.
Is there a minimum level on taking the Pain and Pleasure revelation? It seems to partially emulate the vampiric touch spell, only with the difference that you can use the revelation to kill someone.
The Wrenching Heartache revelation doesn't have a range mentioned, or the number of times per day it can be used.
Does the final revelation stack with the Love's Guidance? Adding the same ability modifier bonus twice to some saves (especially when that bonus is the prime requisite for the Oracle class) isn't something I recall seeing anywhere else. Could the Love's Guidance key off oracle level instead?

Thank-you for posting that though, and (as far as I know) Lilith and Butterfrog haven't yet started taking submissions for Wayfinder #4, but keep an eye on the Pathfinder forums for when they post a thread announcing that they're now open. Articles are submitted by email.
:)


1 person marked this as FAQ candidate.
Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

-Page 76: The Knockdown barbarian rage power is useable once per rage, and allows the bbn to make a trip attack in place of a melee attack. Compare that to the almost-identical knockback barbarian rage power from the Core Rulebook: it is useable once per round, and allows the bbn to make a bull rush attack in place of a melee attack. Why the disparity?

-Page 202: The Aqueous Orb spell notes in its description that a "Medium or smaller creature must make a second save or be engulfed by the aqueous orb." Later though, it says that "The orb may hold one Large, 4 Medium, or 16 Small or smaller creatures within in." So which is it? Medium or Large?

-Page 255: The Wall or Suppression spell suppresses "Any magic item or magical spell or effect of your caster level or lower..." The description later notes that the wall also suppresses supernatural effects. Supernatural effects don't have a caster level, so how do you know if the wall suppresses them?


The Gnome Trickster feat (page 161) states:

"Benefit: In addition to your normal gnome spell-like
abilities, you also gain the following spell-like abilities:
1/day—mage hand and prestidigitation."

As per the Core Rulebook, gnomes already have prestidigitation 1/day as one of their normal spell-like abilities. So I guess the question is, what is the actual second spell-like ability granted by this feat?


Pennyforth wrote:

The Gnome Trickster feat (page 161) states:

"Benefit: In addition to your normal gnome spell-like
abilities, you also gain the following spell-like abilities:
1/day—mage hand and prestidigitation."

As per the Core Rulebook, gnomes already have prestidigitation 1/day as one of their normal spell-like abilities. So I guess the question is, what is the actual second spell-like ability granted by this feat?

They either get a second use per day of prestidigitation, or get a 1/day use of it if they gave it up as part of an alternate racial feature.


Generic Villain wrote:
-Page 76: The Knockdown barbarian rage power is useable once per rage, and allows the bbn to make a trip attack in place of a melee attack. Compare that to the almost-identical knockback barbarian rage power from the Core Rulebook: it is useable once per round, and allows the bbn to make a bull rush attack in place of a melee attack. Why the disparity?

Why not? This doesn't really seem like errata--more like your personal perception that because they're similar, they should have the same number of uses.

Quote:
-Page 202: The Aqueous Orb spell notes in its description that a "Medium or smaller creature must make a second save or be engulfed by the aqueous orb." Later though, it says that "The orb may hold one Large, 4 Medium, or 16 Small or smaller creatures within in." So which is it? Medium or Large?

You forgot the rest of the sentence in that first part--"a Medium or smaller creature that fails its save must make a second save or be engulfed by the aqueous orb and carried along with it." The description further notes that those engulfed are "entangled by its churning currents". As I read it, the intent is that the orb, which is listed as 10 feet in diameter, is just big enough to fit a single Large creature (which averages at 10 ft., according to the Core Rulebook), but that its size and the "strength" of its currents is not enough to pull a Large creature along with it.

So why does it even bother stating that one Large creature will fit within the orb? The description also notes that creatures engulfed within the orb receive cover (though at the expense of taking more damage from the orb, not to mention problems if the creature can't breath underwater). Presumably, a Large creature could enter a stationary orb and gain cover, or even move with the orb if the creature's movement is high enough.

Some points certainly need to be clarified, but it's not hard to intuit the intent from the text.


Zurai wrote:
Pennyforth wrote:

The Gnome Trickster feat (page 161) states:

"Benefit: In addition to your normal gnome spell-like
abilities, you also gain the following spell-like abilities:
1/day—mage hand and prestidigitation."

As per the Core Rulebook, gnomes already have prestidigitation 1/day as one of their normal spell-like abilities. So I guess the question is, what is the actual second spell-like ability granted by this feat?

They either get a second use per day of prestidigitation, or get a 1/day use of it if they gave it up as part of an alternate racial feature.

It would have to be a second use, since a gnome magic trait is a prerequisite for Gnome Trickster, and of the other two gnome traits that grant spell-like abilities, one also has prestidigitation on the list.


For those cross-referencing information, there is a rules questions thread here, which in places touches on errata/typos/missing information: Link
Plus there are more things pertaining to errata in places on the product discussion thread: *Link*


P. 45

Battle, Revelations, Maneuver Mastery (Ex): wrote:
Select one type of combat maneuver (see pages 320-322 of this book and pages 198-201 of the Pathfinder RPG Core Rulebook). When performing the selected maneuver, you treat your oracle level as your base attack bonus when determining your CMB...

Run as written, multiclass oracles can end up having a *worse* BAB than normal if they take this revelation. An Oracle 8 (Battle)/Fighter 4 without this revelation usually has a BAB of +10 for all purposes, including combat maneuvers, whereas the same Oracle with this revelation gets a BAB equal to just their oracle level and completely ignores their Fighter levels for the purposes of combat maneuvers, counting their BAB as only +8.

If the original intention is to produce a consistent improvement in the BAB (for CMB purposes) for all Oracles who take the Battle mystery and this revelation, the latter part that I quote could be reworded to something such as: 'When performing the selected maneuver you treat your base attack bonus from your oracle levels as your oracle level when determining your CMB...'


Witch hexes:
I cannot find anything which states the number of times a day a witch can use a generic hex in the witch section. Is the use per day of any given hex level related? Is it intelligence related? Is it limited only by available legal targets (some hexes do after all have built-in restrictions on the number of times that they can be used on a target)? Some clarification in the Witch entry on this topic would have been useful.


Charles Evans 25 wrote:

Ooh, interesting.

It's a bit tricky to comment on as some of the powers are situational (being enchantment/charm) so do not work vs. some creature types, but I'm a bit worried about the DC boost of Beauty Smiles, in the context that it does stack with Spell Focus.
Is there a minimum level on taking the Pain and Pleasure revelation? It seems to partially emulate the vampiric touch spell, only with the difference that you can use the revelation to kill someone.
The Wrenching Heartache revelation doesn't have a range mentioned, or the number of times per day it can be used.
Does the final revelation stack with the Love's Guidance? Adding the same ability modifier bonus twice to some saves (especially when that bonus is the prime requisite for the Oracle class) isn't something I recall seeing anywhere else. Could the Love's Guidance key off oracle level instead?

Edits:

Pain and Pleasure - Yeah, minimum 7th level, forgot to add that. Based on the power from the Nature mystery.

Wrenching Heartache - Close range. 1/day, +1/day at 5th level, and an additional time per day each five levels thereafter. (actually based on the Fire Breath ability from the Flame mystery).

Love's Guidance - actually, since the bonus is the same type, it wouldn't stack with the final revelation. Alternatively, add the following to the Final Revelation: You become immune to effects of the Charm sub-school. That way the bonus from Love's Guidance is moot (since it only applies to charm spells). The Cha to all saves is from the Heavens mystery Final revelation.

As for Beauty Smiles, since the Charm subschool is very specific, I didn't think it was a problem. However, if you think it's a problem, then try this:

Beauty Smiles (Su): You channel the divine beauty of your goddess, moving the hearts of those who behold you. You receive a +1 bonus to the DC of all Charm spells (that is, spells with the Charm subtype). At 6th level, this bonus increases to +2, at 12th level, the bonus increases to +3, and at 18th level the bonus increases to +4. This ability overlaps (does not stack) with the effect of the Spell Focus feat.

Better?


Jason Nelson wrote:
The Wraith wrote:

I'm not sure if it an omission or it is intentional (I believe an omission), but:

Free Hand Fighter, page 105:

"Singleton (Ex): At 5th level, a free hand fighter gains a +1 bonus on attack and damage rolls when wielding a melee weapon in one hand and leaving his other hand free. This ability replaces weapon training 1."

The Singleton class feature does not improve over levels, like all other 'Weapon Training 1' substitutive class features; Expert Archer, Crossbow Expert, Leaping Attack, Ready Pike, Polearm Training, Mounted Mettle, Nature Savagery, Shield Fighter, the Two-Handed Fighter's Weapon Training, Twin Blades, and the Weapon Master's Weapon Training all have the following sentence which is not included in the Singleton class feature:

"This bonus increases by +1 for every four levels after 5th."
(or 'after 3rd' for the Weapon Master's Weapon Training)

Might be an omit, but then again... on the one hand (pun intended) this would be a pretty awesome ability, giving you max weapon training in *ANY* one-handed weapon. No need to bother with weapon groups or weapon types. If it's one-handed, you get it. You switch weapons, you still get it. Heck, you punch someone with your FIST, you get it. It makes most of the other weapon trainings superfluous.

On the other hand, leaving one hand free has obvious downsides - no shield, no TWF, no THF, so maybe that's enough to balance the obvious advantage.

I would lean towards it being an omission (since, after all, the TWF guys get a similar ability and you could make the same argument), but we shall see what the final errata say on the subject.

And actually, the two-handed fighter's weapon training doesn't work the same way. They have to pick weapon groups like a regular fighter, but they only get a bonus with weapons in their group if they use em two-handed. Not as good as the FHF and TWF guys get, which is with any weapons they use in their preferred style.

I've just noticed another thing about the Free Hand Fighter: he swaps Weapon Training 1, 2 and 3 (respectively for Singleton, Timely Tip and Interference), but not Weapon Training 4; does it mean that its Singleton special ability actually improve at 17th level (for a +2 hit and damage) and he can choose another Weapon class at +1 hit/damage (as per Weapon Training 4), or is it actually an oversight and one of his special abilities replaces Weapon Training 4 as well ?

EDIT: even stranger, it seems that the Mobile Fighter doesn't even lose Weapon Training 2, 3 and 4. Is it intentional to allow him to choose 3 additional Weapon classes (respectively at +3, +2 and +1) and still give him the Leaping Attack with a final bonus of +4 hit/damage ?


P. 66

Hex, Misfortune (Su): wrote:
... Whether or not a save is successful, a creature cannot be the target of this hex again for 1 day...

As this currently stands, it can be read as saying once one witch zaps a character/monster with a misfortune hex, that creature cannot be targetted by any witch's misfortune hexes for 1 day.

I'm not sure if that's the intention or not?
Similar issues might be asked/raised about some of the other hexes such as the fortune hex, which could be taken as reading once you benefit from this, you cannot benefit from any witch's fortune hex for 24 hours?
By the way, I note that fortune refers to '24 hours', whilst misfortune refers to '1 day', which seems inconsistent...


William Wells 55:
I've seen your post, but it's a bit late here in the UK, and right now I want to post something random down on the television threads before logging out for the night. I'll try to get back to you later in the week, when I'm less fatigued.


ALOT OF THIS STUFF IS NOT ERRATA!!!

PLEASE TRY NOT TO POST RULES QUESTIONS HERE!!!

thanks:)

Liberty's Edge

Pennyforth wrote:

The Gnome Trickster feat (page 161) states:

"Benefit: In addition to your normal gnome spell-like
abilities, you also gain the following spell-like abilities:
1/day—mage hand and prestidigitation."

As per the Core Rulebook, gnomes already have prestidigitation 1/day as one of their normal spell-like abilities. So I guess the question is, what is the actual second spell-like ability granted by this feat?

Zurai wrote:
They either get a second use per day of prestidigitation, or get a 1/day use of it if they gave it up as part of an alternate racial feature.
Pennyforth wrote:
It would have to be a second use, since a gnome magic trait is a prerequisite for Gnome Trickster, and of the other two gnome traits that grant spell-like abilities, one also has prestidigitation on the list.

The Gnomes of Golarion book contains a trait called First Memories, which replaces the usual SLAs. I took it for my PFSoc Summoner PC, since stabilising my eidolon, and communicating complex orders to my summoned monsters seems like a more efficient long-term benefit than the standard 'party tricks'.

Gnomes of Golarion wrote:

First Memories: For your whole life, you’ve felt there was a world just beyond the fabric of the material objects around you, and sometimes you can hear the northwind calling you or smell the dread taint of polluted water before you taste it.

You do not gain the normal list of spell-like abilities for the gnome magic racial trait presented in the Pathfinder RPG Core Rulebook.
Instead, if you have a Wisdom of 11 of higher, you gain the following spell-like abilities: 1/day—detect poison, know direction, stabilize, and speak with animals.
The caster level for these effects is equal to your character level. The DC for these spells is equal to 10 + the spell’s level + your Wisdom modifier.

So, I suppose, one could take that trait, then take the Gnome Trickster feat to replace the prestidigitation that you lost.

Why you would want to, or whether it's an efficient use of feats, IDK, but it is certainly possible.
The First Memories trait doesn't replace 'gnome magic', so they still count as having the racial ability; it simply swaps the SLAs on the list.


I have skimmed through this thread but did not find any earlier mentioning of this, so here I go:

On page 13 APG (Elves, Favoured class options) -
- the bard and the fighter get the same option: add +1 to the elf's CMD when resisting a disarm or sunder attempt.

This sounds like a mistake or as if one Favoured class option was omitted (most likely that for the Bard).


2 people marked this as FAQ candidate. Answered in the errata.

The Brutal Pugilist's Improved Savage Grapple ability says: "She also is treated as one size larger than her actual size when determining whether she can grapple or be grappled by another creature."

But in the Core Rulebook, there is no size limit specified on which creatures a character can grapple (unlike in 3.5, where grappling was limited to creatures one size larger than the character).

Presumably, this is an error in either the Advanced Player's Guide or the Core Rulebook.


p.29 Human Favored Class Option: Paladin: Add +1 to the paladin's energy resistance to one kind of energy (maximum +10).

Huh? Am I crazy? Paladins don't get an energy resistance as a class feature, do they?

Dark Archive

Adventure Path Charter Subscriber

totally minor formatting nits
Hungry Pit & Hunter's Howl missing ";" from between Saving Throw and SR
Bard’s Escape missing ";" from between School and Level


I would greatly appreciate it if the wonderful staff at Paizo would consider the following change to the Barbarian "Mounted Fury" alternate class build:

Bestial Mount (Ex): At 5th level, the mounted fury gains the service of a feral mount. This ability functions as a druid’s animal companion, using the barbarian’s level –4 as her effective druid level. This companion must be one that she is capable of riding and is suitable as a mount. A Medium barbarian can select a camel or a horse but can also select a big cat or a wolf if she is at least 11th level. A Small barbarian can select a big cat, pony, or wolf but can also select a boar, dinosaur, or dog if she is at least 8th level. Whenever a barbarian is raging while mounted on her bestial mount, the mount gains a +2 morale bonus to its Strength. This ability replaces uncanny dodge and improved uncanny dodge.

Liberty's Edge RPG Superstar 2008 Top 32, 2011 Top 16

Heavens mystery, spray of shooting stars is listed as (Ex), but from the description it certainly sounds more like (Su) to me.

Also, for the Lore mystery, maybe this is as intended and not errata, but is the whirlwind lesson only usable with a magic tome etc? That makes is the most limiting class ability I can think of anywhere. These items are expensive enough that you're not very likely to find them at 7th level when one of the extra benefits kicks in. Is there something else that this revelation is supposed to do?


Chris Gunter wrote:

p.29 Human Favored Class Option: Paladin: Add +1 to the paladin's energy resistance to one kind of energy (maximum +10).

Huh? Am I crazy? Paladins don't get an energy resistance as a class feature, do they?

Sorry everyone, I jumped the gun on this one. There are several alternate racial traits that add completely new class features (the dwarf oracle, elf barbarian and elf ranger, just to name a few). My face is red.

Still, to avoid confusion in future editions (at least for idiots like me) mabye a sentence or two in the 'Racial Favored Classes' section on pages 8-9 alerting the reader to the possibility of entirely new features could be in order.

Sorry again! :}


Charles Evans 25 wrote:

Witch hexes:

I cannot find anything which states the number of times a day a witch can use a generic hex in the witch section. Is the use per day of any given hex level related? Is it intelligence related? Is it limited only by available legal targets (some hexes do after all have built-in restrictions on the number of times that they can be used on a target)? Some clarification in the Witch entry on this topic would have been useful.

I think that you found your answer. They aren't limited except as written in the text.


2 people marked this as FAQ candidate.

Here's something that I can't believe I didn't catch in the playtest:

The Order of the Cockatrice Cavalier's Challenge bonus ability reads, "... he receives a +1 morale bonus on all melee damage rolls made against the target of his challenge as long as he is the only creature threatening the target".

That's all fine and dandy ... except that Cavaliers are very strongly marketed as mounted characters, and the mount will either A) always threaten the same target as the Cavalier (if the Cav isn't using a reach weapon), or B) never be able to make any attacks against the Cav's challenge target if he wants uses his main combat ability to the fullest extent (or C, not be present, but that's kind of beside the point). That seems a very strange dichotomy for the Order to have. I would think that should read "as long he and his mount are the only creatures threatening the target", or some similar wording.


Zurai wrote:

The Order of the Cockatrice Cavalier's Challenge bonus ability reads, "... he receives a +1 morale bonus on all melee damage rolls made against the target of his challenge as long as he is the only creature threatening the target".

[...] I would think that should read "as long he and his mount are the only creatures threatening the target", or some similar wording.

+1


William Wells 55 wrote:


Edits:
Pain and Pleasure - Yeah, minimum 7th level, forgot to add that. Based on the power from the Nature mystery.

Wrenching Heartache - Close range. 1/day, +1/day at 5th level, and an additional time per day each five levels thereafter. (actually based on the Fire Breath ability from the Flame mystery).

Love's Guidance - actually, since the bonus is the same type, it wouldn't stack with the final revelation. Alternatively, add the following to the Final Revelation: You become immune to effects of the Charm sub-school. That way the bonus from Love's Guidance is moot (since it only applies to charm spells). The Cha to all saves is from the Heavens mystery Final revelation.

As for Beauty Smiles, since the Charm subschool is very specific, I didn't think it was a problem. However, if you think it's a problem, then try this:

Beauty Smiles (Su): You channel the divine beauty of your goddess, moving the hearts of those who behold you. You receive a +1 bonus to the DC of all Charm spells (that is, spells with the Charm subtype). At 6th level, this bonus increases to +2, at 12th level, the bonus increases to +3, and at 18th level the bonus increases to +4. This ability overlaps (does not stack) with the effect of the Spell Focus feat.

Better?

A mad couple of days here, and not much time to post, but I want to get back on this...

(Not strictly errata technical discussion)
Spoiler:
Pain and Pleasure:
If based on the Nature mystery, it also retains the vampiric touch limitation of 'you can't kill things with it'?
Wrenching Heartache:
For comparison to the fire breath revelation, the fire breath can be blocked by energy resistance, and is a Reflex save, which exposes it to further limitations (Evasion/Improved Evasion).
Love's Guidance/final revelation:
That clears things up a bit there, yes.
Beauty Smiles:
Bringing the potential crazy bonuses down a bit helps, yes. Apart from ability scores, the only other way I can think of to get +4 to save DCs currently in the game is to be a sorcerer of one of a handful of bloodlines, and to take two feats (Spell Focus & Greater Spell Focus) to get there. +4 is pushing it a bit, but the (charm) subtype helps a lot, at least until they bring out a dominate with the (charm) subtype instead of (compulsion).... ;)
I did think sympathy might be a more on-theme addition as a 9th level spell to the spell-list (druids get it in their list there) than time stop but given what the other oracle mysteries are throwing around as 9th level spell list additions, I suppose you have to go with time stop to compete with the other lists...

Edit:
A few of the chatroom regulars have looked at your handiwork here, and been quite impressed. :) I'd definitely think about putting something in for Wayfinder #4 when the call opens...


Another error:
P. 243-244
Spells are currently listed in the order '...Share Senses, Shifting Sand, Shared Wrath, Sift...' This should be 'Share Senses, Shared Wrath, Shifting Sands, Sift...', if I correctly understand Paizo's stance on alphabetical order.


1 person marked this as FAQ candidate.

pg 140 Sorcerer Shadow Bloodline Power: Enveloping Darkness
"At 15th level, you may create an
area of deeper darkness that you can see through without
penalty. All creatures except you are entangled within
this darkness unless using freedom of movement or a
similar effect"

How often can the sorcerer use this power, and how long does the Deeper Darkness last? What is its range? Is there any way for the creatures entangled inside the darkness to break free without a freedom of movement effect or are they just trapped in there until the spell ends with no save?

Shadow Lodge

Zurai wrote:
That's all fine and dandy ... except that Cavaliers are very strongly marketed as mounted characters, and the mount will either A) always threaten the same target as the Cavalier (if the Cav isn't using a reach weapon), or B) never be able to make any attacks against the Cav's challenge target if he wants uses his main combat ability to the fullest extent (or C, not be present, but that's kind of beside the point). That seems a very strange dichotomy for the Order to have. I would think that should read "as long he and his mount are the only creatures threatening the target", or some similar wording.

I personally thinks it's fine as is. A cavalier from the Order of the Cockatrice is described as "selfish and concerned only with personal goals and objectives." The challenge as described plays to that, in that he gets the bonus as long as it brings glory to him and only him.


ArVagor wrote:
Zurai wrote:
That's all fine and dandy ... except that Cavaliers are very strongly marketed as mounted characters, and the mount will either A) always threaten the same target as the Cavalier (if the Cav isn't using a reach weapon), or B) never be able to make any attacks against the Cav's challenge target if he wants uses his main combat ability to the fullest extent (or C, not be present, but that's kind of beside the point). That seems a very strange dichotomy for the Order to have. I would think that should read "as long he and his mount are the only creatures threatening the target", or some similar wording.
I personally thinks it's fine as is. A cavalier from the Order of the Cockatrice is described as "selfish and concerned only with personal goals and objectives." The challenge as described plays to that, in that he gets the bonus as long as it brings glory to him and only him.

Having his horse or camel able to attack his target isn't going to steal his glory. I'd be fine with it if any of the other Orders had to choose between their mount and their challenge, but that's unique to Cockatrice. Heck, it's actually the weakest Challenge power even if the mount can attack too; getting big bonuses to saves or giving attack bonuses to all your allies are an order of magnitude stronger than doing 1-5 more damage. It's just an obvious "oops, we didn't think about that" thing.

Liberty's Edge RPG Superstar 2008 Top 32, 2011 Top 16

1 person marked this as FAQ candidate.

3 evolution related items:

1) the grab evolotuion doesn't list pincers as an option, even though the pincers evolution states it gives a bonus to grapple CMB checks if the grab evolution is linked to them.

2) for breath weapon evolution, the energy type is something you select one of when you take the evolution. Then it goes on to say you can breathe a 30-foot cone or a 60-foot line. Is this something you have to select when you pick the evolution also, or something you can pick each time it's used? (not necessarily errata, but not clear).

3) the Large evolution grants 10 foot reach for bipeds, and theHhuge evolution grants 15 foot reach for bipeds. Does huge grant 10 foot reach for other base forms? It doesn't say, but other Huge quadrupeds and serpentine monsters get reach.

RPG Superstar 2015 Top 8

Ice Titan wrote:


Feats, pg. 156 wrote:

Cockatrice Strike (Combat)

With a single strike, you transmute f lesh to stone.
Prerequisites: Improved Unarmed Strike, Gorgon’s
Fist, Medusa’s Wrath, base attack bonus +16.
Benefit: As a full-round action, you can make a single
unarmed strike against a dazed, f lat-footed, paralyzed,
staggered, stunned, or unconscious foe. If that attack is a
critical hit, the target is petrified unless it succeeds on a
Fortitude saving throw with a DC of 10 + 1/2 your character
level + your Wisdom modifier. This is a supernatural
polymorph effect.
Monks, the most likely candidates to obtain this feat, can never gain a base attack bonus of 16.

I wonder if the issue is if they are missing text, something along the lines of:

Quote:


Special: Cockatrice Strike becomes available to monks as a bonus feat at nth level

Because monks do not need to meet prerequisites for feats on their bonus feat list, and as all the other "gorgon" themed feats are on the bonus feat list, it seems like this one was meant to be added to the list as well.

The 16th level requirement would therefore be only intended for, say, Fighters and Barbarians (particularly those using the new unarmed "kits" in the APG). Or, I guess, for a Monk 16/Fighter 4 who took at at 20th level, but that's specific and odd.

If this was already addressed earlier in the thread, I apologize. I scanned and did not see a response.

Liberty's Edge RPG Superstar 2008 Top 32, 2011 Top 16

For the Beast Totem rage power, it grants a +1 bonus, that increases by +1 for every four levels the barbarian attains. However, it requires a minimum of 6th level before you can select this rage power. Does this mean that if you take it at 6th, it's already at +2 (+1 base +1 because you're higher than 4th level but lower than 8th)? I'm guessing it should be +1 for every 4 levels above 4th, but it could be that it's meant to start at +2, and go up from there.

Scarab Sages Contributor, RPG Superstar 2008 Top 4, Legendary Games

JoelF847 wrote:
For the Beast Totem rage power, it grants a +1 bonus, that increases by +1 for every four levels the barbarian attains. However, it requires a minimum of 6th level before you can select this rage power. Does this mean that if you take it at 6th, it's already at +2 (+1 base +1 because you're higher than 4th level but lower than 8th)? I'm guessing it should be +1 for every 4 levels above 4th, but it could be that it's meant to start at +2, and go up from there.

It does what it says. If you get it at 6th level, the bonus is +2 (+1, plus +1/4 for 6 levels, rounding down to +1). At 8th it becomes +3, etc. If you don't take it until 12th level, it still starts at +4 (+1, +1/4 x 12 = 3).


P. 266
Terrain Dominance for Astral Plane gives a +1 insight bonus on attack and damage rolls against some creatures, besides all the other stuff, despite the fact that bonuses for the Horizon Walker prestige class (apart from the favored enemy ones generally awarded by Terrain Dominance) where typed tend to be of the competence bonus variety. I am unclear if it is intentional that Terrain Dominance for Astral Plane gives an insight bonus instead of a competence bonus, or if the wrong type of bonus has been assgned in error?

In the entire Horizon Walker prestige class, across pages 265-267, there is no mention of the effects of Terrain Mastery or Terrain Dominance for the Positive Energy Plane, the Negative Energy Plane, or the Shadow Plane despite the fact that these are all in the Pathfinder Core Rules.

Furthermore, the effects of some terrains are identical or very similar: EG Terrain Mastery of Plane of Water and Water are identical in effect in terms of the text specific to each; Terrain Dominance of Plane of Earth and Swamp are similar in awarding tremorsense with a range of 30 ft, save in that for some reason Plane of Earth dominance cannot be selected until 5th level, wheras Swamp dominance has no such restriction. (In this latter case, is this for balance because the favored enemy against creatures native to the elemental plane of earth is deemed more useful than a favored enemy against swamp native creatures?)


Page 86 Cleric Subdomains

Ancestors Subdomain

Speak With Dead (Su): At 8th level, as a standard action you can ask one question of a dead creature as if using speak with dead . The dead creature you are questioning does not gain a Will saving throw if your alignments are different. You can use this ability for a number of times per day equal to your cleric level.

I'm pretty sure it should be "a number of times per day" without the "for"

Arcane Subdomain

Arcane Beacon (Su): As a standard action you can become a beacon of arcane energy until the end of your next turn. The aura emanates 15 feet from you. All arcane spells cast within the aura either gain a +1 bonus to their caster level or increase their saving throw DC by +1. The caster chooses the benefit when she casts the spell. You can use this ability for a number of times per day equal to 3 + your Wisdom modifier.

Again, I'm pretty sure it should be "a number of times per day."


chopswil wrote:

totally minor formatting nits

Hungry Pit & Hunter's Howl missing ";" from between Saving Throw and SR
Bard’s Escape missing ";" from between School and Level

to Chopswil:
I'll enigmatically muse that we're working on the same thing... :D

EDIT: I'm sending you an email with the address listed on d20pfsrd.com

The spells Fire of Entanglement and Fire of Judgment do not have the [Fire] descriptor type, while Fire of Vengeance does. They're varying smiting fire paladin spells... shouldn't it apply to all of em?


2 people marked this as FAQ candidate.

The feat Furious Focus seems ridiculously overpowered for its listed prerequisite of "base attack bonus +1" - was it perhaps meant to be "base attack bonus +11"?


1 person marked this as FAQ candidate.

p. 96, Restoration Subdomain: Remove Disease is listed as a 2nd level spell. Is this intentional?


Bigrin da Troll wrote:
The feat Furious Focus seems ridiculously overpowered for its listed prerequisite of "base attack bonus +1" - was it perhaps meant to be "base attack bonus +11"?

It only applies to your first attack, which is also your best attack (that usually hits even using Power Attack). It doesn't apply to AoOs, iterative attacks, etc..

As much I would say that it should have prerequisite BAB +6 (for iterative attacks) so low level characters with Two handed swords don't spend all day using Power Attack.
Furthermore, since Power Attack bonus depends on BAB, the benefits of this feat also depend on BAB.

Dark Archive

Page 86 Azata Subdomain:

"Azatas are a Race of lawful good outsiders.."

Umm, they are not... ^^

Chaotic good would be right


Bigrin da Troll wrote:
The feat Furious Focus seems ridiculously overpowered for its listed prerequisite of "base attack bonus +1" - was it perhaps meant to be "base attack bonus +11"?

I agree with PathfinderEspañol. For a character with a base attack bonus of +1, the Furious Focus feat gives you a +1 to a single attack when power attacking. That's ridiculously overpowered?


2 people marked this as FAQ candidate.

The feat Repositioning Strike is listed on pages 154 and 168 as requiring Improved Trip, and not Improved Reposition.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Crosspost from another thread:

The 15th level Shadow Sorcerer bloodline ability doesn't list all the necessary information--it doesn't say how often you can use the ability, how long it lasts, or how big the area is.

Also, this is a nitpick more than a matter for errata, but why would you gain darkvision as your 2nd level spell if you gain darkvision as a class feature at 3rd level? I guess it's useful for those fools who travel with humans...


APG page 140 Starsoul Bloodline

1st level Bloodline Power: Minute Meteors does not list a range.

Liberty's Edge RPG Superstar 2008 Top 32, 2011 Top 16

How's the sea singer bard's Call the Storm ability work with control weather? The ability says that "using this ability requires 1 round of continuous performance per level of the spell (as if he were a druid). These effects continue for as long as the bard continues performing, but not longer than the spell's normal duration."

However, the control weather spell says that "It takes 10 minutes
to cast the spell and an additional 10 minutes for the effects to
manifest." Call the storm would replace the 10 minutes to cast with 7 rounds of bardic performance, but then the bard would need to perform for another 10 minutes to keep the effects continuing, or 100 rounds. I don't think too many bards could keep it going long enough to actually change the weather using this power as written. Should it say that for the control weather affect, it skips the 10 minutes for the effects to manifest?

Liberty's Edge

Pinky's Brain wrote:
PathfinderEspañol wrote:
Are you sure that a +4 Flaming sword (i.e.) with the broken condition stops being a +4 Flaming sword? I can't find it in the PF rules.

You are right. The broken condition is pretty clear, it gives a penalty to use and nothing more. All the magical properties remain intact.

You do have to worry a bit about sunder though, your weapon would be at below half hitpoints ... and when sunder brings it below 0 hitpoints it can be destroyed outright.

Still, sunder is not that common ... so yeah, this is a pretty decision. Always fight with a broken weapon, damage bonus for free ... extremely hard to come up with fluff reasoning why this works though.

You guys are right. My bad.

Thus, if you break your +5 greatsword, it still keeps all its magical properties and you get a penalty of 2 on the attack roll (broken condition) and a bonus of 3 to damage (+5 damage due to your class ability aand being 20th level -2 damage for the broken condition). Not sure it is worth the trade.

Liberty's Edge RPG Superstar 2008 Top 32, 2011 Top 16

Family subdomain:

Replacement power: The following power replaces the calming touch power of the [b]Family[b] domain

That should be Community domain.


Not sure if this needs errata or not, but I point it out because the text is redundant.

The "Come and Get Me" rage power on p.74 states:

Quote:
Come and Get Me (Ex): … but every attack against the barbarian provokes an attack of opportunity from her, which is resolved prior to resolving each enemy attack.

An attack of opportunity is always resolved immediately prior to the action that provokes it according to the text on p.180 of the core rulebook.


1 person marked this as FAQ candidate.

I searched & didn't find this one: pages 275-276, the rage prophet has a d10 hit die, but only average base attack bonus. Should the BA improve, or should the hit die be lowered?

151 to 200 of 538 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Pathfinder / Pathfinder First Edition / Paizo Products / Product Discussion / Errata / Typos in APG All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.