FAWTLhouse Five


Off-Topic Discussions

40,701 to 40,750 of 41,195 << first < prev | 810 | 811 | 812 | 813 | 814 | 815 | 816 | 817 | 818 | 819 | 820 | next > last >>

Studpuffin wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
Studpuffin wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
taig wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
Solnes wrote:

Damn, lately I have a 'killed the thread' effect over here. :S

I showered today, brushed my hair and teeth...am wearing deoderant! Why the hell do I keep chasing everyone off the thread?

When I first joined these boards, I found I had very much the same effect.
Lord Joss didn't want us to talk to you.
I knew it! I knew it!! It's a conspiracy!!!!
Lord Joss LIKES you. >:)
Your version of the old Whedon mind trick isn't going to work on me!!
Did you get the thousands of love letters he's sent you or the countless phone messages?

The love letters are an excellent source of insulation for my home. I had to switch phone companies because he was blowing up my inbox, thank you very much.

RPG Superstar 2012

Moff DM wrote:
The Taig wrote:
Treppa wrote:
taig wrote:

I'm used to being ignored. *sniff*

That's the price you pay for being so stunningly eloquent and witty that nobody can top you. We slink away in shame, tails between our legs.

You're Rone, right?

I couldn't possibly compare to my esteemed colleague.
Don't you have a character to make?

I'll have one ready this weekend. :S

Liberty's Edge

Hehehe, Rottie. Good one taig. :)

Liberty's Edge Contributor, RPG Superstar 2012

Studpuffin wrote:
Hehehe, Rottie. Good one taig. :)

Hee hee. Thanks.

Silver Crusade

Thanks, all. I hope things do work out with the visit.


Celestial Healer wrote:

So, I've come to realize that I didn't spend enough time thinking about Plan B. I threw everything into grad school applications and fixated upon that for the past year.

Hear I am, with one admission offer from what was more or less a "safety school", and a growing pile of rejections, and I find myself wondering about "what ifs". I'm not thrilled with the location of this school, and I've never been there. I'm visiting next week, but I have to evaluate it honestly, because I could be there for a long time.

And I'm petrified because I never gave a lot of thought to what I might do if not this.

Oof. BTDT.

Think of it this way: if you decide that the grad school you've gotten into isn't for you, it's a chance to do something completely different and new for a while if you want to, and that in and of itself can be a learning experience. (answering the question, "What do I do when I can't do what I thought I wanted?" is what led me to my current career path.)

Silver Crusade

Lindisty wrote:
Celestial Healer wrote:

So, I've come to realize that I didn't spend enough time thinking about Plan B. I threw everything into grad school applications and fixated upon that for the past year.

Hear I am, with one admission offer from what was more or less a "safety school", and a growing pile of rejections, and I find myself wondering about "what ifs". I'm not thrilled with the location of this school, and I've never been there. I'm visiting next week, but I have to evaluate it honestly, because I could be there for a long time.

And I'm petrified because I never gave a lot of thought to what I might do if not this.

Oof. BTDT.

Think of it this way: if you decide that the grad school you've gotten into isn't for you, it's a chance to do something completely different and new for a while if you want to, and that in and of itself can be a learning experience. (answering the question, "What do I do when I can't do what I thought I wanted?" is what led me to my current career path.)

Thank you. I find that very encouraging.

Silver Crusade

I also know that whatever happens, I can't let myself fall into complacency. When I got out of undergrad, I took a job in finance because a lot of my family worked in the industry and someone was able to hook me up with a job. I've been doing that sort of thing ever since, and I really don't like it. Some people do, but it's not for me. I have to continue to push myself.

The Exchange

The firefly crew runs into spike on a desolate planetoid out in the far edge of the verse. He is running from the newest slayer who is having a hard time keeping up since the verse is so much larger then a single planet. She does not know spike has had a soul for over two millennia and he is working on a cure for being a vampire!!!

Sounds like fanfic time!!


taig wrote:

I'm used to being ignored. *sniff*

It's your lot in life...I sympathize.


Pathfinder Legends Subscriber; Pathfinder Tales Subscriber
Justin Franklin wrote:
Jude has decided it is incredibly funny when I threw him in the air and catch him, and being loud now includes ear piercing screams.:)

Leafette super-loved that as a baby. Caused her to puke once or twice, but that never lessened her enjoyment of it.

RPG Superstar 2012

E-4D20 wrote:
taig wrote:

I'm used to being ignored. *sniff*

It's your lot in life...I sympathize.

But you don't get ignored. Heck, your champion is out there shouting your name to the heavens. Sure he took a small break, but he's back.


Mairkurion {tm} wrote:
Justin Franklin wrote:
Jude has decided it is incredibly funny when I threw him in the air and catch him, and being loud now includes ear piercing screams.:)
Leafette super-loved that as a baby. Caused her to puke once or twice, but that never lessened her enjoyment of it.

Thanks for sharing. XD


Studpuffin wrote:
taig wrote:
Studpuffin wrote:
Feels kind of weird welcoming a friend to the Paizo boards in the poodle thread of all places. He's a glutton for punishment. :P
Cool. RL friend?
Aye! Treppa and I see him once or twice a week. He's running a LoF PF conversion game on friday nights for us.

The poor guy..... ;)


taig wrote:
E-4D20 wrote:
taig wrote:

I'm used to being ignored. *sniff*

It's your lot in life...I sympathize.
But you don't get ignored. Heck, your champion is out there shouting your name to the heavens. Sure he took a small break, but he's back.

Oh...him? I'd rather have to spend time with an R2 unit than that bot.


So many posts to catch up on....>.<


Pathfinder Legends Subscriber; Pathfinder Tales Subscriber
Jyu1ch1 wrote:
Mairkurion {tm} wrote:
Justin Franklin wrote:
Jude has decided it is incredibly funny when I threw him in the air and catch him, and being loud now includes ear piercing screams.:)
Leafette super-loved that as a baby. Caused her to puke once or twice, but that never lessened her enjoyment of it.
Thanks for sharing. XD

Seriously. You'd laugh like crazy. People would be all concerned, because the further I threw you, the more you'd smile and laugh. You only almost got away from me once, but I made a rather spectacular catch of your legs as everybody freaked out. You never hit me with the vomit, either, though once you got real close and I moved my head just fast enough as it hit where my head was. When you puked, your laugh would be momentarily interrupted, but it wouldn't make you upset. You'd just finish laughing once the obstruction cleared, and you'd barf through smiling lips. You were such a happy little thing.


A smiling....barfing....baby....did I have a 666 birth mark when I was born too?


Pathfinder Legends Subscriber; Pathfinder Tales Subscriber
Jyu1ch1 wrote:

A smiling....barfing....baby....did I have a 666 birth mark when I was born too?

Nope. You were all sweetness and goodness...except for the poop. God, I hate poop.


Mairkurion {tm} wrote:
Jyu1ch1 wrote:
Mairkurion {tm} wrote:
Justin Franklin wrote:
Jude has decided it is incredibly funny when I threw him in the air and catch him, and being loud now includes ear piercing screams.:)
Leafette super-loved that as a baby. Caused her to puke once or twice, but that never lessened her enjoyment of it.
Thanks for sharing. XD
Seriously. You'd laugh like crazy. People would be all concerned, because the further I threw you, the more you'd smile and laugh. You only almost got away from me once, but I made a rather spectacular catch of your legs as everybody freaked out. You never hit me with the vomit, either, though once you got real close and I moved my head just fast enough as it hit where my head was. When you puked, your laugh would be momentarily interrupted, but it wouldn't make you upset. You'd just finish laughing once the obstruction cleared, and you'd barf through smiling lips. You were such a happy little thing.

My wife plans to beat me soundly about the head and shoulders in order to keep this from happening. I can't wait to toss my kid about, nauseated or not, although I wont' do it if they don't like it.


It's bad enough that gas is so expensive, but now there's the additional cost of the lube before you fill your tank...


Mairkurion {tm} wrote:
Jyu1ch1 wrote:
Mairkurion {tm} wrote:
Justin Franklin wrote:
Jude has decided it is incredibly funny when I threw him in the air and catch him, and being loud now includes ear piercing screams.:)
Leafette super-loved that as a baby. Caused her to puke once or twice, but that never lessened her enjoyment of it.
Thanks for sharing. XD
Seriously. You'd laugh like crazy. People would be all concerned, because the further I threw you, the more you'd smile and laugh. You only almost got away from me once, but I made a rather spectacular catch of your legs as everybody freaked out. You never hit me with the vomit, either, though once you got real close and I moved my head just fast enough as it hit where my head was. When you puked, your laugh would be momentarily interrupted, but it wouldn't make you upset. You'd just finish laughing once the obstruction cleared, and you'd barf through smiling lips. You were such a happy little thing.

One of us.

One of us.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Maps, Modules, Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Mairkurion {tm} wrote:
Jyu1ch1 wrote:

A smiling....barfing....baby....did I have a 666 birth mark when I was born too?

Nope. You were all sweetness and goodness...except for the poop. God, I hate poop.

I don't hate the poop just the blow outs.


Turns out the 20 somethings that applied are friends of the 20 something that I already have working for me..... No Thanks, Don't Think So, Ain't Gonna Happen! :P


Pathfinder Legends Subscriber; Pathfinder Tales Subscriber

BTW, Rone, I haven't forgotten about you, but I'm too tired to be all rhymey and clever. I'll get back to you.


Hubby worked all day. Got home around 4. Picked up the younger two kidlets, went and picked up dinner stuffs.

He is currently in the kitchen fixing Biscuits and Gravy w/ sausage. And he has a Key Lime Pie that he fixed up for us in the fridge cooling!

I have the BEST HUBBY EVAR!

Liberty's Edge Contributor, RPG Superstar 2012

Solnes wrote:
Turns out the 20 somethings that applied are friends of the 20 something that I already have working for me..... No Thanks, Don't Think So, Ain't Gonna Happen! :P

But, like, uh!, why not?


Pathfinder Legends Subscriber; Pathfinder Tales Subscriber
Solnes wrote:

Hubby worked all day. Got home around 4. Picked up the younger two kidlets, went and picked up dinner stuffs.

He is currently in the kitchen fixing Biscuits and Gravy w/ sausage. And he has a Key Lime Pie that he fixed up for us in the fridge cooling!

I have the BEST HUBBY EVAR!

Nice!


Mairkurion {tm} wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:

My wife plans to beat me soundly about the head and shoulders in order to keep this from happening. I can't wait to toss my kid about, nauseated or not, although I wont' do it if they don't like it.

1. Don't start out big, work up to it, get used to the kid. (Their heft, their balance, etc.)

2. Don't panic.
3. Keep your EYES on the KID AT ALL TIMES!

You mean I shouldn't do this while watching TV? Dad was wrong!!!

Liberty's Edge Contributor, RPG Superstar 2012

Mairkurion {tm} wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:

My wife plans to beat me soundly about the head and shoulders in order to keep this from happening. I can't wait to toss my kid about, nauseated or not, although I wont' do it if they don't like it.

1. Don't start out big, work up to it, get used to the kid. (Their heft, their balance, etc.)

2. Don't panic.
3. Keep your EYES on the KID AT ALL TIMES!

Excellent advice.

Liberty's Edge Contributor, RPG Superstar 2012

Freehold DM wrote:
Mairkurion {tm} wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:

My wife plans to beat me soundly about the head and shoulders in order to keep this from happening. I can't wait to toss my kid about, nauseated or not, although I wont' do it if they don't like it.

1. Don't start out big, work up to it, get used to the kid. (Their heft, their balance, etc.)

2. Don't panic.
3. Keep your EYES on the KID AT ALL TIMES!
You mean I shouldn't do this while watching TV? Dad was wrong!!!

Freehold, Joss is your father.


taig wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
Mairkurion {tm} wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:

My wife plans to beat me soundly about the head and shoulders in order to keep this from happening. I can't wait to toss my kid about, nauseated or not, although I wont' do it if they don't like it.

1. Don't start out big, work up to it, get used to the kid. (Their heft, their balance, etc.)

2. Don't panic.
3. Keep your EYES on the KID AT ALL TIMES!
You mean I shouldn't do this while watching TV? Dad was wrong!!!
Freehold, Joss is your father.

That's not true...That's impossible!!!

No really, it's impossible. I think my dad has been in the room with me while Whedon was on live tv or something.

The Exchange

taig wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
Mairkurion {tm} wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:

My wife plans to beat me soundly about the head and shoulders in order to keep this from happening. I can't wait to toss my kid about, nauseated or not, although I wont' do it if they don't like it.

1. Don't start out big, work up to it, get used to the kid. (Their heft, their balance, etc.)

2. Don't panic.
3. Keep your EYES on the KID AT ALL TIMES!
You mean I shouldn't do this while watching TV? Dad was wrong!!!
Freehold, Joss is your father.

I knew it!!


Mairkurion {tm} wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:

My wife plans to beat me soundly about the head and shoulders in order to keep this from happening. I can't wait to toss my kid about, nauseated or not, although I wont' do it if they don't like it.

1. Don't start out big, work up to it, get used to the kid. (Their heft, their balance, etc.)

2. Don't panic.
3. Keep your EYES on the KID AT ALL TIMES!

He forgot one rule.....

Big important rule!!!

KEEP YOUR MOUTH CLOSED AT ALL TIMES!!!!!!!

Clockwork Gnome Publishing

I am sorry I keep getting so far behind. I hope I have not missed anything important but please let me know if I did.


Pathfinder Legends Subscriber; Pathfinder Tales Subscriber
Freehold DM wrote:

That's not true...That's impossible!!!

No really, it's impossible. I think my dad has been in the room with me while Whedon was on live tv or something.

Like Joss Whedon can't bilocate or something. Sheesh.


taig wrote:
Solnes wrote:
Turns out the 20 somethings that applied are friends of the 20 something that I already have working for me..... No Thanks, Don't Think So, Ain't Gonna Happen! :P
But, like, uh!, why not?

Like..Uh..'Cause..it's Like..My store! And I..Uh..I can do whatever I want! Hah!


Pathfinder Legends Subscriber; Pathfinder Tales Subscriber
Solnes wrote:
Mairkurion {tm} wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:

My wife plans to beat me soundly about the head and shoulders in order to keep this from happening. I can't wait to toss my kid about, nauseated or not, although I wont' do it if they don't like it.

1. Don't start out big, work up to it, get used to the kid. (Their heft, their balance, etc.)

2. Don't panic.
3. Keep your EYES on the KID AT ALL TIMES!

He forgot one rule.....

Big important rule!!!

KEEP YOUR MOUTH CLOSED AT ALL TIMES!!!!!!!

Well, that's only if you don't have Mairkurion's quick neck. ;-)


Mairkurion {tm} wrote:
Solnes wrote:
Mairkurion {tm} wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:

My wife plans to beat me soundly about the head and shoulders in order to keep this from happening. I can't wait to toss my kid about, nauseated or not, although I wont' do it if they don't like it.

1. Don't start out big, work up to it, get used to the kid. (Their heft, their balance, etc.)

2. Don't panic.
3. Keep your EYES on the KID AT ALL TIMES!

He forgot one rule.....

Big important rule!!!

KEEP YOUR MOUTH CLOSED AT ALL TIMES!!!!!!!

Well, that's only if you don't have Mairkurion's quick neck. ;-)

Only Riley ever got Hubby, but all three got my dad! :D

Liberty's Edge

Allen Taliesin wrote:
I am sorry I keep getting so far behind. I hope I have not missed anything important but please let me know if I did.

You're preaching at the choir! :)


Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

SPRING TRAINING is HERE!!

That is all...

Sovereign Court

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Mairkurion {tm} wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:

My wife plans to beat me soundly about the head and shoulders in order to keep this from happening. I can't wait to toss my kid about, nauseated or not, although I wont' do it if they don't like it.

1. Don't start out big, work up to it, get used to the kid. (Their heft, their balance, etc.)

2. Don't panic.
3. Keep your EYES on the KID AT ALL TIMES!

My family's (gross) baby throwing vomit story:

Spoiler:
My uncle did this with my cousin (now in high school) when she was a baby...and she threw up...he was looking up at her, had his mouth open...and all of it went in his mouth...and he reflexively swallowed.

Sovereign Court

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Solnes wrote:
Mairkurion {tm} wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:

My wife plans to beat me soundly about the head and shoulders in order to keep this from happening. I can't wait to toss my kid about, nauseated or not, although I wont' do it if they don't like it.

1. Don't start out big, work up to it, get used to the kid. (Their heft, their balance, etc.)

2. Don't panic.
3. Keep your EYES on the KID AT ALL TIMES!

He forgot one rule.....

Big important rule!!!

KEEP YOUR MOUTH CLOSED AT ALL TIMES!!!!!!!

Lol, I did not see this sage piece of advice before I posted my story! Evidently similar things have happened to others.


Mairkurion {tm} wrote:
BTW, Rone, I haven't forgotten about you, but I'm too tired to be all rhymey and clever. I'll get back to you.

Gotcha. Thanks for the update.


Jess Door wrote:
Mairkurion {tm} wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:

My wife plans to beat me soundly about the head and shoulders in order to keep this from happening. I can't wait to toss my kid about, nauseated or not, although I wont' do it if they don't like it.

1. Don't start out big, work up to it, get used to the kid. (Their heft, their balance, etc.)

2. Don't panic.
3. Keep your EYES on the KID AT ALL TIMES!

My family's (gross) baby throwing vomit story:

** spoiler omitted **

If someone had HD footage of that shown in slow motion I would pay cash money.


Eric Swanson wrote:

SPRING TRAINING is HERE!!

That is all...

Yes, yes it is, and my Nats are 3-1 so far. (This is only remarkable because last year we lost our first 11 ST games. It feels so much better to win, even when it doesn't count. :))


Pathfinder Legends Subscriber; Pathfinder Tales Subscriber

JER-RUH-MEE!!!


Pathfinder Legends Subscriber; Pathfinder Tales Subscriber

Man, I really felt like crap. Thanks to the nap, I'm semi-vertical again. Trying to add coffee.


Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Lindisty wrote:
Eric Swanson wrote:

SPRING TRAINING is HERE!!

That is all...

Yes, yes it is, and my Nats are 3-1 so far. (This is only remarkable because last year we lost our first 11 ST games. It feels so much better to win, even when it doesn't count. :))

Well my Cubbies are 1-4 so don't feel bad...although I'll bet Treppa is crying now, he he.


Mairkurion {tm} wrote:
Man, I really felt like crap. Thanks to the nap, I'm semi-vertical again. Trying to add coffee.

Right there with ya. I came back from TotalCon and a trip to my grandmother's afterwards con cruddy.

40,701 to 40,750 of 41,195 << first < prev | 810 | 811 | 812 | 813 | 814 | 815 | 816 | 817 | 818 | 819 | 820 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Off-Topic Discussions / FAWTLhouse Five All Messageboards