Liss's Up Mwangi Without A Paddle thread


Play-by-Post

151 to 189 of 189 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>

Male Human Monk/2
Liss GM wrote:

The Ekujae, frustrated by the mists and unable to find viable targets without running the risk of hitting their new friends, run to Loras's aid and give him a small bottle, indicating that he should drink it.

Round 5: Loras

Loras looks down at the small potion the Ekujae handed him. It looked close enough to the bottles that had been strewn about Tchi'Ana's corpse, which he supposed must have helped him survive for so long. And if he was going to help his friends, he needed to do something. If it wasn't some kind of healing potion, well, he was hardly alive anyways.

He drinks the potion, and feeling invigorated (Heal 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9) he runs towards the the mist. The pain from his wounds subsides and Loras thanks Irori for blessing him with an opportunity to help his friends again. If he was going to go down as one of the greatest warriors of the time, he needed luck once in a while. Brynden is too stubborn to die, so Loras was comforted that at least he'd have his help...

I'm assuming I don't have to run a full space around the trees, I can just walk past them? So I'll walk on a vaguely straight line towards the center of the mist.


Male Human Ranger/2

Round 5: Brynden.

He hears the bloody halfling chanting in the mist. Something about a Wakena. He didn't know who or what a Wakena is, but he didn't like it.

Seeing Jaine to his right, he sidesteps the zombie to flank it. Brynden hates running into strange creatures and the forest, and if he had to say it, zombies were probably one of the worst possible choices. It disturbed the natural order of life, so Brynden was quite happy being able to send it back to the grave. He slashes it with a slice that Loras would be proud of, were he somewhere nearby to see.
He'd have to tell him about it afterwards...

He swings his sword at the nearest zombie (above him).
Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19 With 2 from flanking 1 from garruk's drums.
Damage: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (2, 3) + 4 = 9 How many more rounds for garruk's spell? 1?


round 5
The zombies lash out...

Zombie #1 attacks Jaine with a vicious swipe from it's scimitar...
attack 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5...miss!

Zombie #2

hp:
3/12
attacks despite the brutal wound from Brynden's sword, as only the undead can...
attack 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14...miss!

Zombie #3 swipes at Garruk...
attack 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3...miss!


Female Human Paladin of Iomedae 1

Jaine whistles for Earlina, hoping she can hear in the midst of this battle, as far away as she is. Afterwards, she looks at the halfling and takes advantage of her guided blade to strike at the foe.

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10, 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11


Male Half-Orc Bard 1

Garruk doesn't have time to think of anything clever, so he just strikes at the closest zombie, hoping to lop off a head.

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10, 1d12 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

That's it. I officially hate Paizo's dice.


Wow, two rounds of no love. That makes up for my zombies all failing.

The halfling priest pulls a dagger and stabs at Jaine...
Attack 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18...hits!
damage 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2hp

The Ekujae seem uncharacteristically reticent to approach, perhaps they are fearful to come into physical contact with the undead.

Round 6
Loras
Brynden
Zombies
Jaine
Halfling Priest
Ekujae
Garruk


Male Human Monk/2
Liss GM wrote:


The Ekujae seem uncharacteristically reticent to approach, perhaps they are fearful to come into physical contact with the undead.

Loras sees the halfling strike at Jaine and is unimpressed. But the bastard did make all this fog and raise more undead, so he should be the next to die. He attacks with a flurry of blows, aware of the zombie but confident he can avoid its clumsy strikes. He aims a hard strike at the creatures face, and then draws a shuriken for his second attack.


(note that I am not adding garruk's bonuses because i think they ran out after round 5 of combat).
The first attack is a fist to the face.
attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 damage 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
second is a shuriken thrown to distract him.
attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17 and damage 1d2 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5


Male Human Ranger/2

Brynden frowns after the zombie takes a lazy, slow-motion strike at him. It's embarassing fighting such stupid creatures. But this was the one that hit Loras with that blasted arrow, so he was going to send it back to the mud once and for all. The creature feebly raises an arm in defense, too stupid or too slow to dodge. His sword slices the creature in half, the way a sword should slice through a zombie, and Brynden lets out a satisfied yell.
"I'm coming for you next, you thrice-damned necromancer!"


He swings with his greatsword.
attack1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20 damage 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (3, 2) + 3 = 8
Then he takes a 5 foot step forwards.


round 6

I don't think monks using shuriken draw AoO, but I can't bothered to look it up. Also, looks like somebody has been reading the hp spoilers hahaha

Loras hits the priest with his second shuriken, and Brynden fells the already damaged zombie in front of him.

Zombie #1 Attacks Loras 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19...hits!
damage 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Zombie #2 collapses in a heap.

Zombie #3 takes a swipe at Garruk 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5...miss!


Female Human Paladin of Iomedae 1

Never one to give up when things aren't working as well as planned, Jaine continues hacking away at the halfling, hoping one of her blows will strike accurately.

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11, 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9


Male Half-Orc Bard 1

Garruk, on the other hand, knows when lady Calistria is officially out to get him, and decides to resume beating his drums, hoping to embolden his allies to finish off the dark creatures.

Garruk takes a 5 ft. step to get out of AoO reach and begins a Bardic Performance (inspire courage +1) so that everyone continues to get the +1 to attack and damage as well as saves against fear and charm.

God knows Jaine needs it.


"Your laughable attacks only demonstrate the weakness of your faith, Paladin! You will bow and rise under the will of Walkena, to walk the world and serve his will for all time, just as we all will" Cries the maddened halfling priest as he strikes out with his dagger...

attack 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19...hits!
damage 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

As he draws blood he follows with "neener neener neener!"

Round 7

Don't forget your bonuses from the bard, everyone.


Male Human Monk/2
Liss GM wrote:

"Your laughable attacks only demonstrate the weakness of your faith, Paladin! You will bow and rise under the will of Walkena, to walk the world and serve his will for all time, just as we all will" Cries the maddened halfling priest as he strikes out with his dagger...

Round 7
Don't forget your bonuses from the bard, everyone.

Loras hears the blasphemous talk of the halfling priest and is angered. He clenches his fists. "I bow to no false gods, creature of darkness," Loras yells. His anger confounds his attacks, and he realizes that he must not rise to the taunts of his enemy.


Flurry of blows
Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11 Damage 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5 Damage 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9


Male Human Ranger/2
Liss GM wrote:

"Your laughable attacks only demonstrate the weakness of your faith, Paladin! You will bow and rise under the will of Walkena, to walk the world and serve his will for all time, just as we all will" Cries the maddened halfling priest as he strikes out with his dagger...

Round 7
Don't forget your bonuses from the bard, everyone.

Brynden hears the annoying halfling priest talking again. SOmeone should really shut him up. Brynden decides that it should be him. He takes a step forward and takes a swing at the figure's back. Not the most honourable thing to do, but raising zombies is hardly honourable either.

He swings his sword, and hopes that Jaine is impressed by the results.


Swings his sword Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16 Damage: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (2, 2) + 4 = 8


Round 6

Loras's attacks miss and he searches for that special calm place inside.

Brynden outmaneuvers the priest and manages to hit him, though the mist causes him to misjudge his footing and he fails to cause the damage such a swing would normally do.

Zombie #1, smelling blood, strikes at Jaine...
attack 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21...hits!
damage 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6...
...The repeated attacks are too much for Jaine's young body and she falls to the enemy creatures blow, her armour a mess of blood!

Zombie #3 takes a 5 foot step and attacks Brynden from a flanking position!
attack 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12...miss!

The halfling priest, further emboldened by the paladin's fall, also stabs out at Brynden...
attack 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10... but misses.


Male Half-Orc Bard 1

Seeing a comrade fall in battle quickly brings Garruk's thoughts back into focus as he moves over Jaine's unconscious form, touches the wooden dowel to her wound and mutters a simple healing command word to activate the wand.

Healing: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Garruk moves on the outside of the halfling's reach, and stands over one of the dead zombies. I don't believe wands provoke AoOs.


Male Human Monk/2
Garruk Oathbreaker wrote:

Seeing a comrade fall in battle quickly brings Garruk's thoughts back into focus as he moves over Jaine's unconscious form, touches the wooden dowel to her wound and mutters a simple healing command word to activate the wand.

Healing: 1d8+1

Garruk moves on the outside of the halfling's reach, and stands over one of the dead zombies. I don't believe wands provoke AoOs.

Loras feels a surge of anger as Jaine falls to the unholy priest. If only he'd been a bit faster. If only he'd been paying attention. The archer should never have hit him, that was sure.

He launches a volley of punches and kicks to knock the priest out of battle once and for all.


attack 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23 damage 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
attack 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14 damage 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


Male Human Ranger/2

No one hits a pretty girl in his sight. No one. Bryden swings his sword to finish the fight.


(if the halfling is still standing, he'll try to take him out, otherwise he'll move 5ft up to flank the zombie and take him out instead)
attack1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24 damage 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (2, 5) + 4 = 11


Zombie #1 attacks Loras 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Zombie #3 attacks the flanked Brynden 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Both zombies miss!

Might disappear for a couple of days due to computer virus dealings. sorry in advance.

Sovereign Court

Male Human Student (5)

Sorry this is a quick post, but I'll be unavailable for the next few days and am busy packing at the moment.

Jaine stands up (provoking an attack of opportunity from the halfling), and if she's still standing after that, she swings at the halfling.

Attack & Damage: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21, 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

Garruk will continue his support role, healing Jaine again while assessing Loras' wounds to determine if he needs another dose of healing as well. He takes a 5 ft. step outside of the halfling's reach and casts one of his own spells this time (not using a wand charge).

Healing: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Oooo! A palpable hit for Jaine!


round 6
The halfling swipes at Jaine as she tries to stand...
attack 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16...Miss!

Then as Jaine opens another nasty wound with her smiting blow the halfling screams in a strident voice"I am not yet worthy to join my master in pure unlife, but my servants will leave that blessing on you!" He utters some arcane words before seeming to disappear into the misty air.

Garruk spellcraft check:
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19 The priest has cast invisibility!

round 7
Loras
Brynden
Zombies
Jaine
Garruk


Male Human Monk/2
Liss GM wrote:

round 6

The halfling swipes at Jaine as she tries to stand...
attack 1d20+6...Miss!

Then as Jaine opens another nasty wound with her smiting blow the halfling screams in a strident voice"I am not yet worthy to join my master in pure unlife, but my servants will leave that blessing on you!" He utters some arcane words before seeming to disappear into the misty air. ** spoiler omitted **

Round 7: Loras

Loras listens as the priest utters some strange words. When he disappears into thin air, he swears. The thing had already taken a tremendous bludgeoning, but was still standing, and not only standing but able to still cast spells. He wishes that he would have tried grappling with the creature beforehand.
"Garruk, need some help finding that bastard!" he yells. He takes a five foot step away from where the priest was, and attempts to grapple the zombie.
Grapple: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17.
If successful he will move backwards ten feet and hope that the nearby ekujae will assist in dismantling the now-visible. zombie.


Male Human Ranger/2
Loras Martell wrote:

round 6

The halfling swipes at Jaine as she tries to stand...
attack 1d20+6...Miss!

Then as Jaine opens another nasty wound with her smiting blow the halfling screams in a strident voice"I am not yet worthy to join my master in pure unlife, but my servants will leave that blessing on you!" He utters some arcane words before seeming to disappear into the misty air. ** spoiler omitted **

Round 7: Brynden

Brynden sees Loras look of surprise as the priest disappears. He wishes that Loras would have thought of grappling the tricky little bastard beforehand. Brynden slowly backs up as he watches the results of Loras's attack.
NOt really feeling like he wants to get attacked by an invisible priest, he slashes at the nearest zombie.
attack1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8 damage 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (5, 2) + 3 = 10
"Someone who knows something about bloody magic find that priest!" he yells.


The first zombie swings at Loras...
attack 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7...MISS!

The second swings at Brynden...
attack 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8...MISS!

Their low moans travel out into the forest, and time seems to slow eerily.


Male Half-Orc Bard 1
Loras Martell wrote:
"Garruk, need some help finding that bastard!" he yells. He takes a five foot step away from where the priest was, and attempts to grapple the zombie.

"There's nothing I can do right now!" growls Garruk as he moves into position to swing his axe into a zombie.

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8, 1d12 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

However, distracted by the disappearing halfling, his swing is not very accurate.


Female Human Paladin of Iomedae 1

Seeing the halfling disappear, Jaine lowers her sword momentarily as the holy glow that surrounded it dissipates. Realizing the evil foe is gone for now, she swears to herself that she will make him see justice. But first, she must protect her companions.

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14, 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

She swings at the zombie, hoping to land some necrotic flesh.


Male Human Monk/2

Loras doesn't hear any good news from Garruk regarding the halfling, so he figures he should just continue laying a beatdown on the zombie. He throws an unarmed attack against the zombie. (dr/5 slashing though , sad)
attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18 damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
"You can help with the zombie anytime you know," he yells over to the Ekujae, who no doubt understand it as well as a dog understands the orcish tongue.

I'm assuming that I can't draw a weapon (a kama) and slash him with it in one round? He'll probably miss or realize his attacks are futile and spend a full round drawing it later.
Edit: this is also including bardic performance which i assume ends after this round (4 rounds).


Male Human Ranger/2

Brynden steps sideways to get behind the zombie and attack. "Zombies," he mutters under his breath, "I hate zombies." But seeing his allies flailing helplessly against them, he realizes that he needs to finish the fight himself. He slashes at it in a strike that no doubt looks heroic.

attack 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14 Damage2d6 + 4 ⇒ (2, 5) + 4 = 11
This is including bardic courage which i assume lasts 4 rounds and ends this round. Otherwise minus 1 to atk and dmg.


Jaine's sword bites deep into the zombies chest, but the necrotic flesh seems oddly resistant to Loras's attack as he tries to use his grappling to literally tear the creature in two.

Brynden's sidestep maneuver works perfectly and he nearly separates one of the zombie's legs. A grayish ooze seeps out of the wound and though the creature's low moans never falter it slows visibly.

Round 8 (Loras and Brynden have already gone)

Zombie 1 attempts to escape Loras's grapple 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15 and barely manages to throw the monk off.

Zombie 2 lunges at Brynden 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 but the sudden movement tears its already terribly wounded leg off and it falls to the ground.


Male Half-Orc Bard 1

Garruk moves up to flank the nearest zombie with Loras, hoping that the added distraction will give him the advantage he needs.

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24, 1d12 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10


Female Human Paladin of Iomedae 1

This post assumes Garruk killed the nearest zombie, to avoid AoOs.

With the mighty blow delivered by Garruk's axe to the nearest foul creature, Jaine decides to make her move to support Brynden, moving into flanking position and slicing away with her long blade.

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10, 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Unfortunately, the fog she must walk through distracts her so that her blow goes wild.

If Garruk doesn't kill the zombie, she'll just attack that one instead and miss.


Garruk uses his greataxe to hack one zombie nearly in two while Jaine drives the point of her blade into the prone, crawling form of the final undead creature.

After the intense combat the group instinctively gathers together and watches the trees surrounding the clearing warily,

perception checks:
Jaine 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (17) - 1 = 16 Garruk 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24 Brynden 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10 Loras 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
but no one detects any sign of the crazed halfling adept.

Garruk, however, detects some muffled noises coming from the hut.

That was an intensely long combat way above your CR level. Everybody advance to level 2!


Male Human Ranger/2
Liss GM wrote:


After the intense combat the group instinctively gathers together and watches the trees surrounding the clearing warily, but no one detects any sign of the crazed halfling adept.

Garruk, however, detects some muffled noises coming from the hut.

Brynden stretches his arms. "Well, I feel stronger already," he says. "You guys all doing alright? Yes? Good. I'm gonna go grab my bow so you can see if you can do something about finding the little critter that disappeared."

Brynden retrieves his bow and tests the string. It seems fine. In fact, it feels so fine that it feels like he'll be able to shoot two arrows at a time in the future. He scans the treeline. I hope they're aren't any more skeletons... Or zombies... I hate zombies he thinks.

He looks around for tracks. Invisible the little halfling devil might be, but he could still track a clear path as well as anyone else. Halflings are tricker than most, weighing less, but still, it was worth a try.
Track1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10
If taking 10 only takes one minute to do then he'll take 10 to do a tracking scan for any tracks leading into or out of the clearing and try to see where the halfling went. Total would be 18 for tracking.


Male Human Monk/2
Liss GM wrote:


After the intense combat the group instinctively gathers together and watches the trees surrounding the clearing warily.

Loras, embarassed at his multiple failures, broods in silence as Brynden talks away. He should never have been hit by that arrow. The zombie should never have escaped his grapple. The priest never should have been able to escape his grasp. All mistakes that could have cost their lives had his friends been less able.

He knows that he can't do anything about 'finding the critter' who disappeared, but perhaps one of the others could. He checks his wounds, but they aren't too severe. But they are severe enough to cause him to make mistakes. He must learn not to be so proud.

"Garruk, if you've still got that wand, I could use a bit of help, but I think we really should find that halfling and check the surrounding areas for clues or goods..."

Sovereign Court

Male Human Student (5)

Hit point rolls!

Jaine: 1d10 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11
Garruk: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Poor Garruk. Needless to say, he's taking an extra 1hp for his favored class rather than the extra skill rank.


Please re-roll Garruk's hps. I don't accept ones for such things.


As the low moaning wail of the last zombie dies off the unnatural mist clears and Brynden begins a serious effort to track the invisible halfling. The Ekujae, still wary of the zombie bodies, seem to make some effort to assist him but in the end they are more of a distraction than a help.

Impeded by the chaos of the battleground it takes the ranger some time to pick up what he thinks must be the freshest trail, which he follows back to the small hut near the edge of the clearing. As he approaches he definitely hears muffled noises, which he first takes for the sound of another zombie. This zombie, however, sounds strangely like someone urgently screaming through a gag.


Male Human Ranger/2
Liss GM wrote:

As the low moaning wail of the last zombie dies off the unnatural mist clears and Brynden begins a serious effort to track the invisible halfling. The Ekujae, still wary of the zombie bodies, seem to make some effort to assist him but in the end they are more of a distraction than a help.

Impeded by the chaos of the battleground it takes the ranger some time to pick up what he thinks must be the freshest trail, which he follows back to the small hut near the edge of the clearing. As he approaches he definitely hears muffled noises, which he first takes for the sound of another zombie. This zombie, however, sounds strangely like someone urgently screaming through a gag.

As Brynden follows the signs to the hut, he realizes that he should have some friends nearby. He waves his arms at Loras, who is asking some irrelevant question. He picks up a rock, and throws it. It misses completely, but then Loras turns and sees him. He gestures for him to approach.

If the noises he was hearing were another zombie, it was a zombie in need of killing. And if not... He hoped it would be a pretty lady. He draws his dagger, as his greatsword would be as likely to shear Loras in half than hit an enemy in the close confines.


Male Human Monk/2
Brynden Grey wrote:


As Brynden follows the signs to the hut, he realizes that he should have some friends nearby. He waves his arms at Loras, who is asking some irrelevant question. He picks up a rock, and throws it. It misses completely, but then Loras turns and sees him. He gestures for him to approach.
If the noises he was hearing were another zombie, it was a zombie in need of killing. And if not... He hoped it would be a pretty lady. He draws his dagger, as his greatsword would be as likely to shear Loras in half than hit an enemy in the close confines.

Loras awaits an answer from their bard. He checks on Brynden, out of habit more than anything, and sees him frantically waving his arms near the low hut at the edge of the clearing. "Brynden wants us," he says. He approaches and draws one Kama. If there were zombies inside, he wasn't going to try grappling them this time. Brynden draws his dagger and gestures towards the door.

Loras takes a few steps back, and sets his feet to charge. Then, he thinks better of it, and walks once around the hut, making sure there are no other doorways leading out. Assuming there are no other doors. He pushes lightly on the door, seeing if it will open. All he wants is a crack for vision.If it opens and he is seen, combat or whatever. If not he closes it again and waits for his friends. If it doesn't open at all, he sets his stance to bash it open with his shoulder.

151 to 189 of 189 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Liss's Up Mwangi Without A Paddle thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.