How to Create and / or Report Your Pathfinder Society Session(s)


Pathfinder Society

151 to 186 of 186 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Liberty's Edge 5/5 5/5 Venture-Lieutenant, Alaska—Anchorage aka Dragnmoon

1 person marked this as a favorite.
teribithia9 wrote:
For sanctioned modules, don't put a character number in at the top in the GM slot where you normally would. Just put in your PFS # without the character number. Put yourself in as the last player character in the list (like we used to do in the old system) and give yourself 4 PA like everyone else. This gives you GM credit for running the module because of the number at the top in the GM slot, but gives you the correct PA from the full character # at the bottom. That's the only way I've been able to do it with the new system.

I am not positive, but I think the new system can tell the difference between getting credit as a GM and getting credit as a player, and if so that may cause an error to pop up later if you get credit as a player.

Grand Lodge 5/5

teribithia9 wrote:
Saint Caleth wrote:
When I report a module, it gives me an empty field to give each player the appropriate amount of PA, but it defaults my DM credit to giving 2PA for the whole module. I'm pretty sure that I am supposed to get the full 4PA for the module. Am I just missing the obvious way to change this?
For sanctioned modules, don't put a character number in at the top in the GM slot where you normally would. Just put in your PFS # without the character number. Put yourself in as the last player character in the list (like we used to do in the old system) and give yourself 4 PA like everyone else. This gives you GM credit for running the module because of the number at the top in the GM slot, but gives you the correct PA from the full character # at the bottom. That's the only way I've been able to do it with the new system.

Do not do this. Let us fix the system so it rewards the proper amount of PP. Once it is fixed, if you have done this, it will add extra PPs to your record.

The Exchange

Dragnmoon wrote:
teribithia9 wrote:
For sanctioned modules, don't put a character number in at the top in the GM slot where you normally would. Just put in your PFS # without the character number. Put yourself in as the last player character in the list (like we used to do in the old system) and give yourself 4 PA like everyone else. This gives you GM credit for running the module because of the number at the top in the GM slot, but gives you the correct PA from the full character # at the bottom. That's the only way I've been able to do it with the new system.
I am not positive, but I think the new system can tell the difference between getting credit as a GM and getting credit as a player, and if so that may cause an error to pop up later if you get credit as a player.

It doesn't cause an error and you get credit for being a GM on your game count, but get the correct PA

Grand Lodge 4/5 5/55/5 Premier Event Coordinator

teribithia9 wrote:
It doesn't cause an error and you get credit for being a GM on your game count, but get the correct PA

But it could cause a retroactive error when IT gets the database updated to accommodate fame for the modules.

Per Mike, the suggestion is to report your GM credit using the normal procedure and the Fame/Presitge will auto-correct. Afterall, the online record is the "unofficial" one. Fame/Prestige should always follow your chronicle sheets regardless of what is online.

Liberty's Edge 4/5

teribithia9 wrote:
Dragnmoon wrote:
teribithia9 wrote:
For sanctioned modules, don't put a character number in at the top in the GM slot where you normally would. Just put in your PFS # without the character number. Put yourself in as the last player character in the list (like we used to do in the old system) and give yourself 4 PA like everyone else. This gives you GM credit for running the module because of the number at the top in the GM slot, but gives you the correct PA from the full character # at the bottom. That's the only way I've been able to do it with the new system.
I am not positive, but I think the new system can tell the difference between getting credit as a GM and getting credit as a player, and if so that may cause an error to pop up later if you get credit as a player.
It doesn't cause an error and you get credit for being a GM on your game count, but get the correct PA

Actually, even now, it can cause an error, if you have or will play as well as GM the module.

The Exchange

Bob Jonquet wrote:
teribithia9 wrote:
It doesn't cause an error and you get credit for being a GM on your game count, but get the correct PA

But it could cause a retroactive error when IT gets the database updated to accommodate fame for the modules.

Per Mike, the suggestion is to report your GM credit using the normal procedure and the Fame/Presitge will auto-correct. Afterall, the online record is the "unofficial" one. Fame/Prestige should always follow your chronicle sheets regardless of what is online.

Yes, I saw Mike's post after posting my response, Bob. Just didn't respond to Mike as I thought his request was clear and had no questions regarding it. I've been reporting this way for a while due to a suggestion from someone else to do as a workaround shortly after the new GM field was put in place. I'll definitely watch to see if any modules I reported like this end up with extra prestiege whenever this gets around to getting corrected. If they do, I'll email customer service and ask to have the extra prestiege taken off. I wouldn't think that would actually happen, though, since any fix that would add extra prestiege this way would also add extra prestiege to any module reported prior to the new gm field having existed. (since putting your character # in as the last player was the way all modules were reported for gm credit prior to the new gm fields)It wouldn't make sense to implement a fix that read off of the player character fields. I'd hope when they implement the fix that it reads off of the gm field instead. Since the gm field doesn't have a character # in it, there wouldn't be a way to award extra prestiege if that was the case. I'll definitely check once they say they've fixed it on those modules I reported in the past, though.

Grand Lodge 5/5

Actually It is me and not customer service that has to make those corrections. I have to correct each one manually. I would request you just use the system as it currently is and not work around it so as to not create a ton of work for me in the future when the tracking system is fixed.

2/5

Megan Robertson wrote:

Help...

I am trying to log an event I have been running online...

I have set up my event but when I click on 'report' I don't seem to be getting all the fields... just the space to enter the participants. The instructions talk about entering event & session details but there isn't anywhere apparent to do that.

If I put in the players' PFS #s, they autopopulate as expected but when I press save I get a 'One or more required fields are missing' error message.

There is a big blank space between the instructions block and the player details block - should something appear there that isn't?

I got this problem last week. Just delete all your browsing history (check everything except preserve favorites) and it should be fine. If you don't know how to do that, private message me.

Liberty's Edge

Thank you, I shall try that.

The Exchange

Michael Brock wrote:
Actually It is me and not customer service that has to make those corrections. I have to correct each one manually. I would request you just use the system as it currently is and not work around it so as to not create a ton of work for me in the future when the tracking system is fixed.

Definitely going to do that in the future, of course.


My local game story is looking to start PFS play (which I hope to not regret volunteering to GM). Been playing PF for a while so I'm proficient with the rules and have read through the PFS guide.

I'm looking to start small with tier 1 or tier 1-4 stuff. If I am running games from previous Seasons, will I have issues reporting?

Secondly in going through the report process I didn't what to do when players are using pre-gen characters (which I believe they can apply the credit to a registered character later?)

Grand Lodge 5/5

You will not have any problems reporting any scenarios that are not retired.

If using a pre gen, have them fill in their PFS number and - character number. However, if at all possible, I encourage you to have them create their own character if running a Tier 1 game. It certainly isn't required but encouraged.

Thanks for stepping up to GM and good luck!

Silver Crusade

A) Not as long as it's not a retired scenario.

B) They apply it to the pregen character with a legal PFS number you should print off and provide. Unless I've missed something we cannot apply session credit to "another" character...yet, from our first time played.

Edit: Ninja'd by the Decemvirate.


retired? I didn't see any notations for retired material! ack better go through double check but if someone has a list/link of retired materials that would be great.

Silver Crusade

gourry187 wrote:
retired? I didn't see any notations for retired material! ack better go through double check but if someone has a list/link of retired materials that would be great.

There are season 0 scenarios that are retired. If you click the link on the pathfinder society page for scenarios, it should automatically filter them out last I checked.

*Goes to double check*

*comes back*

Yep, they're auto-filtered out. Not sure where you can get the retired scenarios anymore.

Liberty's Edge 5/5 5/5 Venture-Agent, United Kingdom—England—Chester aka Paz

Dan Luckett wrote:
Not sure where you can get the retired scenarios anymore.

Here. If it's not on this page, it's not retired.

Grand Lodge

Michael Brock wrote:
Actually It is me and not customer service that has to make those corrections. I have to correct each one manually. I would request you just use the system as it currently is and not work around it so as to not create a ton of work for me in the future when the tracking system is fixed.

To be fair, I'm reporting older sessions that I'd completely brain-faulted on reporting. I'll fess up, shameful as it is: I have two sessions yet to report from '09 and I'm contacting the players involved to get their information and to make sure I don't screw things up by overwriting more recent runs. Among those players, there is one who, sadly, has moved away from fantasy gaming and I'll be reporting him with a dummy PFS ID Number. He doesn't want his Chronicle Sheets. I'm being accurate with those and not taking any GM credit for them.

I'm trying to get my reporting up to date, and my most recent sessions are all, at least, being partially reported within 24h. When I started out here in Albuquerque, I forgot a couple of times to gather player information. There's only one scenario that's currently missing player information and I haven't been able to get into contact with the two players from that table that I haven't completely reported.

Grand Lodge

I created an event (#13004) and I am not seeing it show up when I do a search for "find events in your area". This is my first time setting up my own event here so I am not sure what I am doing wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Grand Lodge 4/5 Venture-Agent, Nevada—Las Vegas aka kinevon

senshi_shinri_teki wrote:
I created an event (#13004) and I am not seeing it show up when I do a search for "find events in your area". This is my first time setting up my own event here so I am not sure what I am doing wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

When you created the event, did you setup a date or dates for it?

And did you choose one or more scenarios and/or modules in the checkbox area at the bottom?
And you put in location information, as well.
And made sure that the Public checkbox was checked?

Without more information, that is the best I can think of.

Grand Lodge

kinevon wrote:
senshi_shinri_teki wrote:
I created an event (#13004) and I am not seeing it show up when I do a search for "find events in your area". This is my first time setting up my own event here so I am not sure what I am doing wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

When you created the event, did you setup a date or dates for it?

And did you choose one or more scenarios and/or modules in the checkbox area at the bottom?
And you put in location information, as well.
And made sure that the Public checkbox was checked?

Without more information, that is the best I can think of.

Double checking everything on your list:

Date- yes but when clicking on the event itself under the GM/Event Coordinator tab, the date is not listed after "when". But if I edit the event, the proper date is listed. Not sure if this is what the problem is.
Scenario checked: yes
Location info: yes, the location appears correctly on the map shown
Public: checked

Grand Lodge 4/5 Venture-Agent, Nevada—Las Vegas aka kinevon

senshi_shinri_teki wrote:
kinevon wrote:
senshi_shinri_teki wrote:
I created an event (#13004) and I am not seeing it show up when I do a search for "find events in your area". This is my first time setting up my own event here so I am not sure what I am doing wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

When you created the event, did you setup a date or dates for it?

And did you choose one or more scenarios and/or modules in the checkbox area at the bottom?
And you put in location information, as well.
And made sure that the Public checkbox was checked?

Without more information, that is the best I can think of.

Double checking everything on your list:

Date- yes but when clicking on the event itself under the GM/Event Coordinator tab, the date is not listed after "when". But if I edit the event, the proper date is listed. Not sure if this is what the problem is.
Scenario checked: yes
Location info: yes, the location appears correctly on the map shown
Public: checked

Well, the only thing I can think of, at this point, is to make sure that under the title Event Schedule, make sure you have at least one date entered (mm/dd/yyyy, do not enter it in any other format, and with a 4 digit year), and that you have at least one of the potential time slots (morning, afternoon & evening) checked.

Also, just to verify, none of the following checkboxes should be checked:
This event has been cancelled
I have completed reporting for this event
Event takes place online

And number of sessions should equal, at a minimum, the number of dates under the Event Schedule section. One table, during one slot, would be one session. Four tables over three slots would be 12 sessions.

Grand Lodge

kinevon wrote:


Well, the only thing I can think of, at this point, is to make sure that under the title Event Schedule, make sure you have at least one date entered (mm/dd/yyyy, do not enter it in any other format, and with a 4 digit year), and that you have at least one of the potential time slots (morning, afternoon & evening) checked.

Also, just to verify, none of the following checkboxes should be checked:
This event has been cancelled
I have completed reporting for this event
Event takes place online

And number of sessions should equal, at a minimum, the number of dates under the Event Schedule section. One table, during one slot, would be one session. Four tables over three slots would be 12 sessions.

All of the above verified and checked. The "when" field on the event still is not populated even though the date is entered correctly and the evening box is checked. I am thinking it's a technical glitch with the web page?

Grand Lodge 4/5 Venture-Agent, Nevada—Las Vegas aka kinevon

senshi_shinri_teki wrote:
kinevon wrote:


Well, the only thing I can think of, at this point, is to make sure that under the title Event Schedule, make sure you have at least one date entered (mm/dd/yyyy, do not enter it in any other format, and with a 4 digit year), and that you have at least one of the potential time slots (morning, afternoon & evening) checked.

Also, just to verify, none of the following checkboxes should be checked:
This event has been cancelled
I have completed reporting for this event
Event takes place online

And number of sessions should equal, at a minimum, the number of dates under the Event Schedule section. One table, during one slot, would be one session. Four tables over three slots would be 12 sessions.

All of the above verified and checked. The "when" field on the event still is not populated even though the date is entered correctly and the evening box is checked. I am thinking it's a technical glitch with the web page?

Sounds likely. We have moved beyond my level of expertise, and you probably need to see if there is a contact Paizo web support link somewhere, or post in a new thread in the Web forum area.

Silver Crusade Venture-Captain, Mexico—Tijuana aka TijuanaGeek

Hi people!

I wonder if i can report a regular session of Path finder activity? A regular Campaign Not part of any Module.

If there is a way. What is the box i must check in the event creation?

Thank you for your Valuable Time . And i'm so sorry about the latest sad events with the VC's VL's :(

Liberty's Edge 5/5 5/5 Venture-Lieutenant, Alaska—Anchorage aka Dragnmoon

Miguel I am not sure what you are asking, but are you asking if you can report non Pathfinder Society Events? If so, the reporting systems is to report Pathfinder Society Events only.

The Exchange

Not sure where to ask this but this seems like the best place. I just finished up another adventure path for friends. When one of them asked me for the chronicle sheets for their pathfinder characters so they could put it on a new level 1. I was confused so I did some research. Basically I knew that rise of the runelords had character credit but I didn't know that some of the others did. To put this in reference I have played like 10 sessions of pathfinder society over the last few years and GM 8 and most of that was back in season 3. To get an idea of how much I keep up a required tracking sheet for your consumables was kinda news to me. I had always used PCGEN to manage that stuff. Anyway what do I do now with the old adventure paths that I never registered. So I just go in a create dummy events and use the pathfinder player numbers for the people who wanted it and put in dummy numbers for the rest? Can I give the players the tracking sheets and is that good enough? If I have to make events how to do I do them retroactively?

I have 5 adventure paths I need to make events for

Curse of the Crimson Throne
Legacy of Fire
Council of Thieves
Kingmaker
Serpent's Skull
and parts of Skull & Shackles

Scarab Sages 5/5 5/5 Venture-Captain, Washington—Spokane

Frenir,

Out of the list you provided, the only one that is sanctioned for Pathfinder Society is Skull and Shackles. The chronicle sheets can be found here.

5/5 RPG Superstar 2014 Top 32

Frenir wrote:

Not sure where to ask this but this seems like the best place. I just finished up another adventure path for friends. When one of them asked me for the chronicle sheets for their pathfinder characters so they could put it on a new level 1. I was confused so I did some research. Basically I knew that rise of the runelords had character credit but I didn't know that some of the others did. To put this in reference I have played like 10 sessions of pathfinder society over the last few years and GM 8 and most of that was back in season 3. To get an idea of how much I keep up a required tracking sheet for your consumables was kinda news to me. I had always used PCGEN to manage that stuff. Anyway what do I do now with the old adventure paths that I never registered. So I just go in a create dummy events and use the pathfinder player numbers for the people who wanted it and put in dummy numbers for the rest? Can I give the players the tracking sheets and is that good enough? If I have to make events how to do I do them retroactively?

I have 5 adventure paths I need to make events for

Curse of the Crimson Throne
Legacy of Fire
Council of Thieves
Kingmaker
Serpent's Skull
and parts of Skull & Shackles

To add to what Preston said. There is also no retroactive credit in PFS. If you played Skull and Shackles before it was sanctioned you would need to play it again to earn PFS credit. Skulls and Shackles was sanctioned on Monday, June 24, 2013

The Exchange

That is kinda confusing and not really clear. On one hand there is dispensation for running this adventure paths in a home setting which then may be applied to a character. I had not read anything about playing it in a home game before it was sanctioned.

I see what you are saying about not being certified.

http://paizo.com/pathfinderSociety/about/additionalResources

So just giving them the chronicle sheets and walking them through adding it to one of their pathfinder chars by the instructions should be fine.

Also technically I get DM credit for Skulls & Shackles but I am just saying it is going on a char I am never going to play like char 100 or something because we really didn't like the adventure path that much.

Going forward if I do a home game should I make a private event or just hand out the chronicle sheets when done for people who want them?

5/5 RPG Superstar 2014 Top 32

Frenir wrote:

That is kinda confusing and not really clear. On one hand there is dispensation for running this adventure paths in a home setting which then may be applied to a character. I had not read anything about playing it in a home game before it was sanctioned.

I see what you are saying about not being certified.

http://paizo.com/pathfinderSociety/about/additionalResources

So just giving them the chronicle sheets and walking them through adding it to one of their pathfinder chars by the instructions should be fine.

Also technically I get DM credit for Skulls & Shackles but I am just saying it is going on a char I am never going to play like char 100 or something because we really didn't like the adventure path that much.

Going forward if I do a home game should I make a private event or just hand out the chronicle sheets when done for people who want them?

If you read Mike Brock's posts Here and Here you will see him clarify that you don't get any retroactive credit, player or GM, for portions of APs run before they were sanctioned. It doesn't matter if the character will most likely never be played. If you didn't play Skulls & Shackles after the sanctioning date you need to replay each of the AP books or the sanctioned sections of the AP to earn PFS credit that were not played after the sanctioned date.

In the future when you run an AP that is sanctioned for PFS use. Just create a private event, so that you can get an event number and report the game so that you and the players have an online record of the sessions played.

The Exchange

Alright so the adventure path I am running now I am just going to make a new event and give character numbers to the people who don't really care about them and put in the one person pathfinder number who does as private events. Thanks for the help and explaining it, this has been rather confusing.

Dark Archive 3/5 5/5 Venture-Lieutenant, West Virginia—Morgantown

Reserving 10 ID cards a day has been disabled for months now... I just can't do this. The webpage refreshes and the link disappears. What gives?

Sczarni 5/5 5/55/5

Pathfinder Starfinder Society Subscriber

Worked for me just now (and on my phone, even).

My Pathfinder Society => "GM/Event Coordinator" tab => "Download Pathfinder Society Cards" button

Also, this thread is five years old. Next time it's probably better to start a new thread, cuz sometimes things do change.

Scarab Sages 5/5 5/5 Venture-Captain, Washington—Spokane

Tim Broadwater wrote:
Reserving 10 ID cards a day has been disabled for months now... I just can't do this. The webpage refreshes and the link disappears. What gives?

Tim,

A workaround is after you request 10 ID Cards, click on the button that remains after the page refreshes. It should say something to the effect of Download the last 10 ID cards and it will be those cards you last requested. Hope this helps.

Shadow Lodge

Hate to necro this post but I made an event like I always have and it won't go to report. Fairly sure I have everything in. I have made many events in the past and never had it hang up this way.

Sczarni 5/5 5/55/5

Pathfinder Starfinder Society Subscriber

It would be better to make a new post, rather than necro something from eight years ago.

The website is rather different now than it was then, and currently it's glitching.

151 to 186 of 186 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Organized Play / Pathfinder Society / How to Create and / or Report Your Pathfinder Society Session(s) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.