Forums Are Way Too Long: The Next Generation


Off-Topic Discussions

4,351 to 4,400 of 28,478 << first < prev | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | next > last >>
RPG Superstar 2012

Yay! I was camping on myself.


whats up badger

Dark Archive

~rattles my chains~ Ghost Post!

Dark Archive

My wife is the best ever. She just got me a tee shirt with this picture on it.

RPG Superstar 2012

Not too much. I was working on a magic item for the From Shore to Sea Open Design project. It needed some extra work from the original design.

I'm feeling better, so I'll be back at work tomorrow, which is a mixed blessing. :)

How are you doing, Woodraven?

RPG Superstar 2012

David Fryer wrote:
My wife is the best ever. She just got me a tee shirt with this picture on it.

That is very nice of her!

The Exchange

So has anything calmed yet?


taig wrote:

Not too much. I was working on a magic item for the From Shore to Sea Open Design project. It needed some extra work from the original design.

I'm feeling better, so I'll be back at work tomorrow, which is a mixed blessing. :)

How are you doing, Woodraven?

not bad, getting ready for school to start next week.

Dark Archive

Crimson Jester wrote:
So has anything calmed yet?

For the moment it seems.

The Exchange

Freehold DM wrote:
Awright. I'm off to see about a potential scholarship opportunity. Wish me luck(did I post this already?)

Best of luck to you! :)

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25


David Fryer wrote:
Crimson Jester wrote:
So has anything calmed yet?
For the moment it seems.

And so shall it stay. So say I.


David Fryer wrote:
My wife is the best ever. She just got me a tee shirt with this picture on it.

That rocks.

Freehold DM wrote:
Awright. I'm off to see about a potential scholarship opportunity. Wish me luck(did I post this already?)

I wish you luck.

Note: I don't know whether or not you posted it already.

Crimson Jester wrote:
So has anything calmed yet?

I don't know.

J/K

:)

Anyway, sorry for any I may have bothered earlier today.
Sorry to Mac specifically since I seem to have bothered him more.

No hard feelings here and hope there are none toward me.

BTW, does anyone know if District 9 is any good? After feeling better this afternoon I went out and bought it and picked up some popcorn on the way home.

So, is it any good?

The Exchange

All is good Thing. We've had the occasional hiccup on these bastions of friendly insanity, but we are all willing to leave it behind and talk about... well, behinds. :P

The Exchange

Before I ask, Yes I do live under a rock, what is District 9 about? :/


Moorluck wrote:
Before I ask, Yes I do live under a rock, what is District 9 about? :/

Apartheid, only with aliens instead of black people.


Moorluck wrote:
Before I ask, Yes I do live under a rock, what is District 9 about? :/

Aliens (crash?) land and it seems that they are restricted to living in some sort of Johannesburg shantytown referred to as District 9. Something is happening there and that is about all I know. The same producer or director (I don't know which) of The Lord of the Rings made it.

The Exchange

Cool. Thanks guys, I disconnected my cable a couple of years back so I have fallen under the bell curve for T.V. and movies. :P

The Exchange

Moorluck wrote:
Cool. Thanks guys, I disconnected my cable a couple of years back so I have fallen under the bell curve for T.V. and movies. :P

District 9


So, maybe I should ask again.

:)

Is it any good?

The Exchange

The Thing from Beyond the Edge wrote:

So, maybe I should ask again.

:)

Is it any good?

I want to watch it but it is not On Demand as of yet so IDK. Anyone else?


District 9 was ok. Some people like it and others don't. I do hope that you enjoy it.

Shadow Lodge

Moorluck wrote:
Cool. Thanks guys, I disconnected my cable a couple of years back so I have fallen under the bell curve for T.V. and movies. :P

I know that feeling. I only ever watched House and Mythbusters anyway (and NCIS, now getting caught up on that, but that's a recent development).

The Exchange

Free cable is so awesome!


@ CJ

I guess I will just plug it in the player and find out for myself.

Oh yeah, and microwave some popcorn since I haven't bothered with the air popper since moving. I forgot to mention that when I spent Christmas with my sister I found out that they have a full-sized movie theater style popper in their basement. Awesome.


Sharoth wrote:
District 9 was ok. Some people like it and others don't. I do hope that you enjoy it.

Well, here goes.

Signing out for a while.

The Exchange

The Thing from Beyond the Edge wrote:

@ CJ

I guess I will just plug it in the player and find out for myself.

Oh yeah, and microwave some popcorn since I haven't bothered with the air popper since moving. I forgot to mention that when I spent Christmas with my sister I found out that they have a full-sized movie theater style popper in their basement. Awesome.

Let us know when you do :)

The Exchange

Orthos wrote:
Moorluck wrote:
Cool. Thanks guys, I disconnected my cable a couple of years back so I have fallen under the bell curve for T.V. and movies. :P
I know that feeling. I only ever watched House and Mythbusters anyway (and NCIS, now getting caught up on that, but that's a recent development).

That was us, we watched maybe 3 or 4 shows, but we still sat in front of the tube all night. Without the cable we still catch the shows we like, ala HULU, and instead of channel surfing we play games with the kids and interact with eachother alot more.

The Exchange

Crimson Jester wrote:
Moorluck wrote:
Cool. Thanks guys, I disconnected my cable a couple of years back so I have fallen under the bell curve for T.V. and movies. :P
District 9

Thanks CJ, it looks pretty good. Maybe a rental night.

Shadow Lodge

Moorluck wrote:
Orthos wrote:
Moorluck wrote:
Cool. Thanks guys, I disconnected my cable a couple of years back so I have fallen under the bell curve for T.V. and movies. :P
I know that feeling. I only ever watched House and Mythbusters anyway (and NCIS, now getting caught up on that, but that's a recent development).
That was us, we watched maybe 3 or 4 shows, but we still sat in front of the tube all night. Without the cable we still catch the shows we like, ala HULU, and instead of channel surfing we play games with the kids and interact with eachother alot more.

For me it's just cheaper. I'm now paying for just internet, rather than internet+cable.

I honestly see this being the future of the entertainment industry - a streamlining of various methods, things mostly being over the Internet now rather than some stuff on TV, some on the internet, some on video/DVD.

The Exchange

TV.com is nice as well.

Look around Hulu is not the only one out there.

The Exchange

Orthos wrote:
Moorluck wrote:
Orthos wrote:
Moorluck wrote:
Cool. Thanks guys, I disconnected my cable a couple of years back so I have fallen under the bell curve for T.V. and movies. :P
I know that feeling. I only ever watched House and Mythbusters anyway (and NCIS, now getting caught up on that, but that's a recent development).
That was us, we watched maybe 3 or 4 shows, but we still sat in front of the tube all night. Without the cable we still catch the shows we like, ala HULU, and instead of channel surfing we play games with the kids and interact with eachother alot more.

For me it's just cheaper. I'm now paying for just internet, rather than internet+cable.

I honestly see this being the future of the entertainment industry - a streamlining of various methods, things mostly being over the Internet now rather than some stuff on TV, some on the internet, some on video/DVD.

Well the new Tvs coming out have a built in computer hard drive for use as a DVR and have applets so you can go to Hulu or even Youtube directly from your tv screen. Many of the new Sony ones that they say will be for release in the next few years will have the WII remote technology built into it and they are coming out with apps so you can use your smart phone as a mouse and move a cursor on the TV screen to activate the Applets.

The only hold out to On Demand video right now is CBS and most of their IP along with it. Last I heard you could only watch their shows on TV.com and not Hulu or Surfthechannel.


Moorluck wrote:
Crimson Jester wrote:
Moorluck wrote:
Cool. Thanks guys, I disconnected my cable a couple of years back so I have fallen under the bell curve for T.V. and movies. :P
District 9
Thanks CJ, it looks pretty good. Maybe a rental night.

District 9 was pretty good in my opinion, but it could be a toss up for others. My philosophy is try something new when possible.

The Exchange

Crimson Jester wrote:

TV.com is nice as well.

Look around Hulu is not the only one out there.

I'm taking baby steps. I never really went online untill Feb. of 09. I just found out there was pr0n online last week too. :P

The Exchange

Moorluck wrote:
Crimson Jester wrote:

TV.com is nice as well.

Look around Hulu is not the only one out there.

I'm taking baby steps. I never really went online untill Feb. of 09. I just found out there was pr0n online last week too. :P

I know of a couple of useful sites for that too!

The Exchange

Woodraven wrote:
Moorluck wrote:
Crimson Jester wrote:
Moorluck wrote:
Cool. Thanks guys, I disconnected my cable a couple of years back so I have fallen under the bell curve for T.V. and movies. :P
District 9
Thanks CJ, it looks pretty good. Maybe a rental night.
District 9 was pretty good in my opinion, but it could be a toss up for others. My philosophy is try something new when possible.

Hey I like variety, why do you think the wife dyes her hair so often. ;)

The Exchange

Moorluck wrote:
Woodraven wrote:
Moorluck wrote:
Crimson Jester wrote:
Moorluck wrote:
Cool. Thanks guys, I disconnected my cable a couple of years back so I have fallen under the bell curve for T.V. and movies. :P
District 9
Thanks CJ, it looks pretty good. Maybe a rental night.
District 9 was pretty good in my opinion, but it could be a toss up for others. My philosophy is try something new when possible.
Hey I like variety, why do you think the wife dyes her hair so often. ;)

Cosplay?

The Exchange

Crimson Jester wrote:
Moorluck wrote:
Crimson Jester wrote:

TV.com is nice as well.

Look around Hulu is not the only one out there.

I'm taking baby steps. I never really went online untill Feb. of 09. I just found out there was pr0n online last week too. :P
I know of a couple of useful sites for that too!

I'm not interested. You could tell me but I won't listen.

~Begins searching for pen and paper to make notes.~ ;)

Considering where the wife works, and she gets free preveiws, and she likes it... I'm a lucky man. :D

The Exchange

Crimson Jester wrote:
Moorluck wrote:
Woodraven wrote:
Moorluck wrote:
Crimson Jester wrote:
Moorluck wrote:
Cool. Thanks guys, I disconnected my cable a couple of years back so I have fallen under the bell curve for T.V. and movies. :P
District 9
Thanks CJ, it looks pretty good. Maybe a rental night.
District 9 was pretty good in my opinion, but it could be a toss up for others. My philosophy is try something new when possible.
Hey I like variety, why do you think the wife dyes her hair so often. ;)
Cosplay?

She does indeed rock her 'Sorceress' costume.... now where did I leave that wand from MagicQuest?


Crimson Jester wrote:
So has anything calmed yet?

I'v got some fwozen water in the fwig.

o.O


Moorluck wrote:
.... now where did I leave that wand from MagicQuest?

I thought you left it in your trousers.

The Exchange

Twin Agate Dragons wrote:
Moorluck wrote:
.... now where did I leave that wand from MagicQuest?
I thought you left it in your trousers.

See I didn't want to go there.

The Exchange

Crimson Jester wrote:
Twin Agate Dragons wrote:
Moorluck wrote:
.... now where did I leave that wand from MagicQuest?
I thought you left it in your trousers.
See I didn't want to go there.

Yeah but as long as she does I'm happy.

EDIT: By 'she' I refer to the lovely Solnes. Only.


Crimson Jester wrote:

TV.com is nice as well.

Look around Hulu is not the only one out there.

Free cable is nice, but I prefer my 3% raise per year for the next three years, thank you very much!

;-P


ALL HAIL!


AND AGAIN!


BOW BEFORE YOUR GOD!


Evening all. Just a quick bookmark post. Hope all is well ...


MINE


MINE


MINE

4,351 to 4,400 of 28,478 << first < prev | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Off-Topic Discussions / Forums Are Way Too Long: The Next Generation All Messageboards