Forums Are Way Too Long: The Next Generation


Off-Topic Discussions

4,951 to 5,000 of 28,478 << first < prev | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | next > last >>

<does impersonation of linda blair vomiting green pea soup>


If I hurl three times, does Vomit Guy appears?

RPG Superstar 2012

Solnes wrote:
taig wrote:

Goodnight, TTfBtE.

I am going to bed too.

G'Nite Taig. Hope to catch you soon!!

Hello, Solnes. I'm picking up the thread from here, so I'll have to see if you're around when I get caught up. :)

Shadow Lodge

laaaaaaaaaag poooooooooooost

RPG Superstar 2012

Mairkurion {tm} wrote:
A Good Root Canal Morning to You All.

Did you get one, or is this thread like one? What are you trying to say, here, M? :)

Liberty's Edge Contributor, RPG Superstar 2012

Freehold DM wrote:
Accursed sun. Rising every morning. Blarg. At least I got my wheels back.

Glad you got your bike back.

How's your friend Tracy doing?

RPG Superstar 2012

Patrick Curtin wrote:

Have I mentioned how proud I am of myself that the most popular pet shop of the day doesn't have a dot next to it?

YAY Will saves!

Yeah, it doesn't even show "XX new" for me any more, so I don't accidentally go in for a look. :)

RPG Superstar 2012

OK. Back to work for me.


taig wrote:
Mairkurion {tm} wrote:
A Good Root Canal Morning to You All.

Did you get one, or is this thread like one? What are you trying to say, here, M? :)

I got one this morning. Apparently I have very good nerves, as my dentist had to re-administer anesthesia multiple times, saying, well, that should have killed it before, I better give you some more. So my face was like a stroke victim's until recently. At least I can finally eat.


But has the drooling stopped? That's what really matters. :P~~


Man. Long day thus far. Got a little easier as someone from my second job is helping me out with something. Still have a game to run into the wee hours of the morning tonight, but that's more of a reward than a punishment.

Silver Crusade

Work needs to stop kicking me in the butt.

I'm also angry about losing 15 minutes of vacation time. I know it's inconsequential, but it burns because it's the result of my supervisor telling me she thinks I was lying on my timesheet.


M, well that's no fun. I hope you were able to get through that without actually having to feel it. I live in terror of procedures like that. I have big areas in my mouth that never go numb no matter how much anaesthetic is used. And of course am prone to cavities, specifically in those spots. Anyways, I hope you heal quickly and don't have to have any more root canals anytime soon.


That's pretty annoying, CH. Sorry I can't drool on her for you, but there was not drooling either.

Thanks, Lynora. I have to get a crown and one more filled. But I'm also very cavity-resistant. First cavities I've had since I lost my baby teeth, and there were only two.


Celestial Healer wrote:

Work needs to stop kicking me in the butt.

I'm also angry about losing 15 minutes of vacation time. I know it's inconsequential, but it burns because it's the result of my supervisor telling me she thinks I was lying on my timesheet.

That's a pisser. I know how that feels. Sorry.


Mairkurion {tm} wrote:
taig wrote:
Mairkurion {tm} wrote:
A Good Root Canal Morning to You All.

Did you get one, or is this thread like one? What are you trying to say, here, M? :)

I got one this morning. Apparently I have very good nerves, as my dentist had to re-administer anesthesia multiple times, saying, well, that should have killed it before, I better give you some more. So my face was like a stroke victim's until recently. At least I can finally eat.

Yikes, that stinks. I had a root canal years ago, they had to put me under to do it. I freaked at the sight of the needle. :\

How are you feeling now?


Celestial Healer wrote:

Work needs to stop kicking me in the butt.

I'm also angry about losing 15 minutes of vacation time. I know it's inconsequential, but it burns because it's the result of my supervisor telling me she thinks I was lying on my timesheet.

Ucky, Sorry babes. :(


taig wrote:
Solnes wrote:
taig wrote:

Goodnight, TTfBtE.

I am going to bed too.

G'Nite Taig. Hope to catch you soon!!

Hello, Solnes. I'm picking up the thread from here, so I'll have to see if you're around when I get caught up. :)

Missed you again, in my depression over being called old by the cutest lil 8 year old. Good thing the hubby was around for a lil while today to remind me of how young and vibrant I can be. ;)

How are you doing? I hope things are going well for you. I have missed you almost everyday for 2 weeks! :(


lynora wrote:
Solnes wrote:

So yeah. In class we had a test today. The kids took the test, all doing very well. Afterwards we had plenty of time left to waste away. We decided to play Uno. I made the comment that I had not played Uno since I was their age. 4 sets of young eyes stare a me, and then...in this sweet voice from this beautiful blonde haired boy..."Wow, this game is OLD ".

Me--- "Just play...apparently as I am not getting any younger!"

Ah, the careless cruelty of children. ;)

That and they still have zero sense of relative time. :)

He was so cute! It seemed so wrong! And of course the other teacher just laughed, and doubly laughed at the look on my face. Of course I crushed the kid in the game! ;)

The Exchange

Brrrrrrrrrr

The Exchange

Too.COLD.to. post.

The Exchange

Too cold to think to post.


<contemplating how he's going to bypass the whole gorram traffic jam that's going to happen in T minus 18 minutes..>


Gotta go get the man from work post. BRB


The neighbor has fired up his snowblower and it's doing not happy things to my sense of balance post.


Bookmark post.


That's what she said post.


Thanks, Solnes. I took 4 advil and a nap, so I feel better now. Got up, mostly emptied the dishwasher, and looked at the coffee machine longingly, wishing it was an animated construct, before hanging up my coat and powering the laptop back up to check in.


Waking up after a long afternoon nap and stoking the wood stove post

Dark Archive

I'm watching a very strange show. Some archeologist thinks he has discovered a previously unknown Mayan ruin 400 miles off the coast of Chile on an island. It would have required the Mayans to make what is the equivalent of a journey to the moon to reach this island but he is sure it holds the secret to the 2012 end of the Mayan calender.


A good evening to everybody.

So, the good and the bad.

I still feel pretty out of it after being sick Monday evening and waking up sick Tuesday morning. :(

Also, work has developed an odd mess. First, in the beginning of February, our supervisor has been scheduled to go to the yearly meeting of the supervisors of the USN radiac labs. During that same week, our "work leader" who happens to be the only one authorized to perform many of our supervisors duites has scheduled to be off because his wife is undergoing surgery. Also, the organization which exerts the largest influence over the USN radiac department will be coming to visit us at the end of February. They are due to audit us sometime before the visit. So, it likes they will come very close to this time if not actually during this time (the meeting). It has caused a stir.

However, some solutions have been worked out.

Since I was already scheduled off tomorrow afternoon for 4 hours due to a doctor's appointment I changed it to an eight hour sick leave day and now not only do I get to recuperate but I get to stay up and enjoy the BCS title game between Alabama and Texas. My weekend has started. :)

The solution t othe radiac lab problem was simple. My supervisor and our RFM (radiac field manager) decided that someone should be sent to the supervisor's meeting in place of our supervisor. Me. So, I will fly into San Diego on a Monday (flight paid for by NNSY), rent a car (paid for by NNSY), stay 4 nights in a hotel (yes, paid for by NNSY) and receive a daily per diem the value of which I do not yet know before finally flying back from San Diego on a Friday. This will occur in the beginning of February.

Gosh, it sucks to be me. :)

Now to start reading although I do not know if I will readd all that I missed since last night.


hello all


Howdy, Woodraven, Thing.

I had a small victory: the coffee is made.

Shadow Lodge

David Fryer wrote:
I'm watching a very strange show. Some archeologist thinks he has discovered a previously unknown Mayan ruin 400 miles off the coast of Chile on an island. It would have required the Mayans to make what is the equivalent of a journey to the moon to reach this island but he is sure it holds the secret to the 2012 end of the Mayan calender.

Iiiiiiinteresting. Any available linkage?

The Exchange

You mean I actually got home before we left page 100! Awesome!

And good evening everybody, glad the root canal could'nt keep you down Leafy. :)


Celestial Healer wrote:

Work needs to stop kicking me in the butt.

I'm also angry about losing 15 minutes of vacation time. I know it's inconsequential, but it burns because it's the result of my supervisor telling me she thinks I was lying on my timesheet.

Honestly, that is something you should NEVER accept.

You have a contract (written or otherwise) to work for them and they have obligations to you they need to meet. Getting paid for work performed is the most basic aspect of that contract. If they are using your vacation time to cover part of a shift that you worked then they are not meeting their end of the bargain after you have met yours. They are doing it deliberately.

I suppose we will differ on this, but to me, that is worth busting someone's head and going to jail over. Note that I am not suggesting you do this but merely explaiing that is how far I would take it.

a little background:

Fortunately, I have never had to go that far in a couple of similar situations where the GM (and the other salaried managers but not myself who was paid by the hour) of the restaurant was trying to avoid paying overtime to keep the area supervisor off their backs for having overtime. Uggh. Restaurants often try to minimize the hours of workers and thus they were also taking advantage of very good workers who wanted as many hours as they could get by working them over 40 one week and then carrying the excess over to a new week in order to avoid paying OT. The workers would do it because they wanted as many hours as they could get. I had to disabuse the other managers of that idea. ( I just edited the weekly times to correctly correspond to what had occurred and sent an "innocent" message to the national headquarters (which happened to be in town) asking about the policy of doing the type of editing to make overtime carry into a different week and not be overtime. That ended the practice very swiftly with no need to even threaten violence.

There are some things that should be put up with, but an employer stealing your time is not one of them, IMO.

Dark Archive

Orthos wrote:
David Fryer wrote:
I'm watching a very strange show. Some archeologist thinks he has discovered a previously unknown Mayan ruin 400 miles off the coast of Chile on an island. It would have required the Mayans to make what is the equivalent of a journey to the moon to reach this island but he is sure it holds the secret to the 2012 end of the Mayan calender.
Iiiiiiinteresting. Any available linkage?

Try this.


7 minutes or more? Did I kill the thread or is it just slow right now? :)

Shadow Lodge

David Fryer wrote:
Orthos wrote:
David Fryer wrote:
I'm watching a very strange show. Some archeologist thinks he has discovered a previously unknown Mayan ruin 400 miles off the coast of Chile on an island. It would have required the Mayans to make what is the equivalent of a journey to the moon to reach this island but he is sure it holds the secret to the 2012 end of the Mayan calender.
Iiiiiiinteresting. Any available linkage?
Try this.

Wow, he kicked the hornet's nest it seems from the comments.

The Exchange

The Thing from Beyond the Edge wrote:
7 minutes or more? Did I kill the thread or is it just slow right now? :)

Nope just fixin venison hash for dinner.


The Thing from Beyond the Edge wrote:
7 minutes or more? Did I kill the thread or is it just slow right now? :)

"KILL THE THREAD?! KILL THE THREAD!? YOU CAN'T KILL THESE THREADS, NOTHING CAN KILL MY SPIRIT!!"

~Looks over his shoulder to make sure no Post Monster is there.~

The Exchange

Bookmark.

Scarab Sages RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32

Solnes wrote:

So yeah. In class we had a test today. The kids took the test, all doing very well. Afterwards we had plenty of time left to waste away. We decided to play Uno. I made the comment that I had not played Uno since I was their age. 4 sets of young eyes stare a me, and then...in this sweet voice from this beautiful blonde haired boy..."Wow, this game is OLD ".

Me--- "Just play...apparently as I am not getting any younger!"

Well I did give you an opening to play more UNO...

Liberty's Edge Contributor, RPG Superstar 2012

Yay! Back from work and time for dinner.

Back in a little bit. Thanks for not flooding the thread with posts. :)

RPG Superstar 2012

Although....I just noticed we're a couple of posts away from 5,000.

Shadow Lodge

The Spirit of FaWTL thread wrote:
The Thing from Beyond the Edge wrote:
7 minutes or more? Did I kill the thread or is it just slow right now? :)

"KILL THE THREAD?! KILL THE THREAD!? YOU CAN'T KILL THESE THREADS, NOTHING CAN KILL MY SPIRIT!!"

~Looks over his shoulder to make sure no Post Monster is there.~

Turn Undead.

RPG Superstar 2012

Where's Heathansson for some camping?

Liberty's Edge Contributor, RPG Superstar 2012

One more post to go...

Liberty's Edge Contributor, RPG Superstar 2012

Now, it will just show the page count. Whee!

RPG Superstar 2012

It seems I was off by one. :S

4,951 to 5,000 of 28,478 << first < prev | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Off-Topic Discussions / Forums Are Way Too Long: The Next Generation All Messageboards