[Mini] Kuthite Anti-Paladin


Miniatures

Dark Archive

Work in progress pics of a mini conversion I'm doing. My first attempt at sculpting green stuff.

The goal is a Zon-Kuthon worshiping Anti-Paladin.

Base mini: Ulern Anti-Paladin
Front 1
Front 2
Close up
Shoulder

The chains look amateurish, but I'm still pretty happy with them.

Paizo Employee Director of Brand Strategy

Looks better than anything I could do! I can't wait to see the final product. ZK is my favorite deity in the Pathfinder Chronicles campaign setting and it warms the cockles of my heart to see a formidable worshiper such as this take form.

Dark Archive

yoda8myhead wrote:
it warms the cockles of my heart to see a formidable worshiper such as this take form.

:-)

Sovereign Court

I think the chains look fine. What a great choice of mini to work on.

Dark Archive

Squared out the base for added stability.

Base front
Base back

Painting is mostly done. May go a shade lighter with the hair. Not to happy with the sword, had a problem with the primer. Need to buy a new can.

Lighting in the photos are bad. I'll see what I can do about that.

Front
Side
Back
Other side
Base
Close-up


That's bad ass. Must make it a production item. :P

Contributor

Nice!

Liberty's Edge

Fantastic conversion. I really like how he turned out.

What did you use to increase the size of the base?

Dark Archive

Acev wrote:


Lighting in the photos are bad. I'll see what I can do about that.

Yes, please do get some better shots up, that looks like a nice conversion to a difficult mini (rather static pose) to get creative with.

I wish I could get the green stuff to behave the way you did with the chains.

Any advice or tricks?

Dark Archive

Thanks for the comments, It's much appreciated. :-D

Updated pics. Not perfect, but better. The inside of the cape is much darker than how it appears in the pics.

Front
Side
Back
Other side
Front 2

Dark Archive

alleynbard wrote:


What did you use to increase the size of the base?

It's Apoxie Sculpt. Cheaper than green stuff.

I glue a small square of plastic (from the packaging the mini comes in) to the base and then apply the putty. The plastic keeps the putty from sticking to the table.

Dark Archive

Tom Carpenter wrote:


I wish I could get the green stuff to behave the way you did with the chains.

Any advice or tricks?

This is my first attempt at using putty on something other than gap filling or base enlargening. So yeah, I'm a total novice.

Best advice I could give you is, read a lot of the material out there on the web. There's a bunch of sites out there with great tips and techniques.

Other than that. Stay small. Work in stages. Do a bit, let it cure. Do a bit more, let it cure. etc.

The pros tend to call it pushing putty instead of sculpting. Pushing and pulling green stuff is the best way to get it to look the way you want.

Have a whole bunch of differently shaped tools. Clay shapers are great. Household stuff like sewing needles needs to be in your tool box.

Keep your tools lubricated. I use a wet sponge that I rub the tools on. When the putty sticks to the tool as much as the mini, stop and lubricate the tool.

Dark Archive

Acev wrote:

Squared out the base for added stability.

Base front
Base back

Painting is mostly done. May go a shade lighter with the hair. Not to happy with the sword, had a problem with the primer. Need to buy a new can.

Lighting in the photos are bad. I'll see what I can do about that.

Front
Side
Back
Other side
Base
Close-up

Hey! Great job!

Liberty's Edge

Acev wrote:
alleynbard wrote:


What did you use to increase the size of the base?

It's Apoxie Sculpt. Cheaper than green stuff.

I glue a small square of plastic (from the packaging the mini comes in) to the base and then apply the putty. The plastic keeps the putty from sticking to the table.

Excellent, thank you.

For a long time I simply affixed those minis to a base but I never liked the look.

Thanks for inspiring me. Again, great job on that mini.

Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Gaming / Miniatures / [Mini] Kuthite Anti-Paladin All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.
Recent threads in Miniatures