Elemental Body (Earth) and Push Ability


Rules Questions


With the Elemental Body spell, it says when you take on the shape of an earth elemental, you gain the push ability. Now looking at the Earth Elementals in the PRD, they have no push ability listed.

So what is correct, the monster or the spell? If they do gain push, then whats the range as the prd says that when you gain push you it should have a range increment.

Also does the push ability stack with greater bullrush so that they gain aoo from your allies as they are pushed back?


Lael Treventhius wrote:

With the Elemental Body spell, it says when you take on the shape of an earth elemental, you gain the push ability. Now looking at the Earth Elementals in the PRD, they have no push ability listed.

So what is correct, the monster or the spell? If they do gain push, then whats the range as the prd says that when you gain push you it should have a range increment.

Also does the push ability stack with greater bullrush so that they gain aoo from your allies as they are pushed back?

In the PFB the push ability of earth elementals has been dropped. In stead earth elementals (of all sizes) get the Improved Bull Rush feat as a bonus feat.

When you cast elemental body spell you should get the Improved Bull Rush feat, for the duration of the spell.
This will most likely be errataed.


Isn't Elemental body from Spell Compendium? All those spells might need some Pathfinder conversion.

-edit-

Never mind, we now have Elemental body in Pathfinder too ;-)

Dark Archive

Elemental body has been updated in the Core PF book.


Draeke Raefel wrote:
Elemental body has been updated in the Core PF book.

It has? The prd still hasn't been updated with anything? Has there been an errata update recently?

So if they get improved bullrush, then can a druid get the greater bullrush feat without actually having improved bullrush as a feat and thus only used it while in elemental form?


Lael Treventhius wrote:
Draeke Raefel wrote:
Elemental body has been updated in the Core PF book.

It has? The prd still hasn't been updated with anything? Has there been an errata update recently?

So if they get improved bullrush, then can a druid get the greater bullrush feat without actually having improved bullrush as a feat and thus only used it while in elemental form?

If there has been errata, I'm not seeing it. I'm making a dwarf druid and would love an official answer to this question as well. Improved Bull Rush is a poor replacement for push, imo.


I can't find any errata on it as well. I would personaly rather gain Earth Mastery from Elemental Body than imp bull rush if push was taken out.


Same. I was immused that they didn't get that in the first place - earth mastery that is.

Push is obviously better then the 3.5 push as before it was a free bull rush that was still a standard action, to push in prpg that is a more a knockback with a hit.


Lael Treventhius wrote:

Same. I was immused that they didn't get that in the first place - earth mastery that is.

Push is obviously better then the 3.5 push as before it was a free bull rush that was still a standard action, to push in prpg that is a more a knockback with a hit.

I guess if they gave druids earth mastery than they would also by logic have to give them air and water mastery too.


Earth elementals also get tremorsense now, so would make sense for elemental body to grant you that ability at least just for earth gliding. But the spell(s) seriously needs an errata.

Community / Forums / Pathfinder / Pathfinder First Edition / Rules Questions / Elemental Body (Earth) and Push Ability All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.