FAWTL refugee thread


Off-Topic Discussions

801 to 850 of 2,610 << first < prev | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | next > last >>

Looks like...

( •_•)

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)

...it's time for a quip.

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Goblins do it in the street!


Don Juan de Doodlebug wrote:
Goblins do it in the street!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Tira'Mari-Sue Tyler-D'oh!Durden wrote:
Don Juan de Doodlebug wrote:
Goblins do it in the street!

As much as I love Bowie and the Stones, I have to say: Get that shiznit out of here!

Goblins do it in the street!

EDIT: IIRC, Martha started out as Berry Gordy's secretary. (Or was that Mary Wells? Damn those decades of pot-smokin'!)


1 person marked this as a favorite.

So, I have now spent half an hour watching videos of female-fronted Motown acts and crying. Thank you for the emotional release, Ms. Slaad!

Liberty's Edge

The Sunglasses of Justice wrote:

Looks like...

( •_•)

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)

...it's time for a quip.

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who are you and where did you get that meme.


You don't watch CSI: Miami, Gark?


Skippy's List

Liberty's Edge

Kelsey MacAilbert wrote:
You don't watch CSI: Miami, Gark?

/me marks down another Homestuck meme as busted.


It's a list of 3PP Open Game Content, including THE CONTENT ITSELF! IT'S LIKE A 3PP SRD!

Liberty's Edge

Anyway, how you all doing? I have tests next week!


I'm just sitting around waiting for a call with my scheduling information for Job Corps and the copy of Quintessential Dwarf that's in the mail.

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.

That's cool. I applied for a scholarship today. #huge victories


I lost a member this week. To be honest, the kid should have been fired years ago, but we are a mighty union and we take care of ours.

The Business Agent got the company to agree to pay unemployment if the member resigned, which was the best deal we could have gotten under the circumstances, but still, it rankles. I'm taking away 1 level of Teamster steward in penance.


Kelsey MacAilbert wrote:
Skippy's List

Classic!


Gark the Goblin wrote:
Anyway, how you all doing? I have tests next week!

Fair to midland.

I'm kind of cranky because I want a smoke.


I've been like military marching songs. I listen to British ones from the 18th and 19th centuries. I started with the Grenadier's March (a classic), but, following the Similar Videos thingy in Youtube, ended up in the German-speaking (I'm not qualified to say which countries which videos are from) military marching song section. As it turns out, that stuff is actually pretty good. Here:

Unser Liebe Fraue

Fridericus Rex

Im ganzen Vaterland

Hohenfriedberger Marsch

I need to start sticking my head outside of the English-speaking military music sections more often.


Ghouls Night Out!

Just on the outskirts of Clover's Crossing and the party has defeated a mere 18 ghouls thus far. Not even a drop in the barrel!


Movies, Movies, Movies!

Sunshine: I thought this movie was pretty awesome. A.

Killing Zoe: I can't believe I have never seen this before! And a day later, I got to link it on the Fascism: Alive and Well thread! Hee hee! Also, I don't believe I'd ever seen Julie Delpy naked before. Bonus! A.

Cowboys & Aliens: This movie was better than I dared to hope, but not as good as I had dreamed. Better than most of the other comic book movies I've seen lately, though. B+


Beware, New England motorists, the return of Doodlebug Anklebiter, Bane of Rte. 3! I gots my Towncar back and will soon be skidding around a town near you!


Doodlebug Anklebiter wrote:
Beware, New England motorists, the return of Doodlebug Anklebiter, Bane of Rte. 3! I gots my Towncar back and will soon be skidding around a town near you!

What could go wrong?


I want a f!~~ing smoke..... :(

Liberty's Edge

Checking in after . . . a week? Five days? Three? Who the f~~# knows?!

This week is crazy. Three midterms + two in-turned assignments. (One if screwing around with an Excel spreadsheet, so I might actually have to buy Microsoft Office. Damn Microsoft.)

Um . . . oh yeah, I had a birthday last weekend, which is one of the reasons this week is so hectic. We didn't do much. Actually, right before that we celebrated my mom's birthday. People kinda dropped the ball on that one, I'm afraid. I ended up making coffee cake and whipped cream at 9:00 because no one made a cake before then. It was fairly good I guess.

Good luck on staying smoke-free, BT? I can't remember if you've said that you're trying to quit, or if it's for health reasons, or you just haven't gotten to the store lately. But um good luck all the same.

DA, you need to subvert the automobilarchical paradigm! Buy a cheap foreign bike!


1 person marked this as a favorite.

--Happy birthday Gark! You better have gotten B's or better in all of your subjects, or I'm going to send AZ out there to spank you!

As for the whole automobile thing--I already did my environmental time, thank you. Never had a car until I was 32. Unfortunately, I work 25 miles from my home and I'm not riding my bike across the state borders at 2 in the morning! Sorry, Mother Earth, I just don't love you that much. I do carpool, though.

--BT, I, unfortunately, have no helpful advice. I tried the patch once, and it took away the physical part of the addiction, but I still wanted to do it, and did. Also, if you wear them when you're asleep, you have awesome dreams! I swear by the powers of dialectical materialism, one time I dreamed that I was a werewolf in the Buffyverse who Angel and his crew were helping get into Sunnydale to grab a magic ring, but Buffy and the Scoobies thought I was evil, so we had a big fight...and then I woke up. What does this have to do with your struggle against addiction? Uh, nothing, I guess.

--What up, Mama Kelsey?!?


Kelsey died in a boxing match with a kangaroo. Queen Zoe has replaced her.

Do you guys like world building? I'm working on something cool for Pathfinder.


Did you check out the Killing Zoe link above? That movie rocked!

I gave up on world-building years ago. I remember when I was little I spent a whole summer inventing a town of 1000 people where I tried to detail every single member of the community--it didn't work.

After my decades-long hiatus from fantasy role-playing games, I again tried to build a world (I cribbed a lot from the 3rd edition Nyambe: African Adventures book, which was awesome, btw) and, again, it didn't work. Now I just use published campaign worlds, it's so much easier.

But I eagerly await what you're working on. It'd better be cool!


This is what I'm working on.

Is it cool?


After a cursory glance, it sure looks like it.


Do you have any questions?

Do you like the idea of molding Afro-Caribbean, Polynesian, and Native American elements and all the cool stuff in the Pathfinder Bestiaries into an island setting?


Not at the moment. I'm getting ready for bed and will read it all tomorrow.

EDIT: Woops! Wrong hat!


Doodlebug Anklebiter wrote:
you have awesome dreams! I swear by the powers of dialectical materialism, one time I dreamed that I was a werewolf in the Buffyverse who Angel and his crew were helping get into Sunnydale to grab a magic ring, but Buffy and the Scoobies thought I was evil, so we had a big fight...and then I woke up.

Speaking of strange dreams:

Last night, I dreamt I was with one of the girls I necked with back in high school.

Yes, it was a sexytime dream, but I won't bore you with that--the weird part was that, before we commenced with sexytime, I was doing her dishes and she was telling me to wash the dairy dishes in the bathroom sink! Now, she was Jewish, but her family didn't keep kosher.

Weird.

My subconscious is anti-Semitic.


Doodlebug, can you help me pick a character class for a Spanish dwarf?


Bard.

CN

With ranks in Perform (comedy)

and name him Sancho Panza.

Or, if you prefer a female dwarf, Sancha Panzo.

With a real low Wisdom.


...That might work with the right archetypes. Whatever else can be said about the class, it has some very flavorful archetypes.


I don't use alignment often, and when I do I am always LG or NG.


I mean to check out your world-building shiznit, but first I've got to go see if there's any trolling to be done in my new favorite thread. Hee hee!


Zoe Oakeshott wrote:
I don't use alignment often, and when I do I am always LG or NG.

Well, then, there goes the whole Sancho Panza idea.


I have two campaign settings. One is the stone age islands, the other is medieval magitech with a modernistic society.

I want a flamboyant Spanish warrior dwarf. Bard, Fighter, Paladin, Ranger, Barbarian, Magus, and mountless Cavalier seem flavorful options.

I also have a name for her. Yes, it is long. Long fits the flavor I want.


Paladin.

Paladins should have long names.

I have a human paladin that I play in a campaign that meets infrequently.

His name, for short, is Lord Pelindyr.

But his given name is Gareth Ambrosius D'Arcy Abelmarle, XVIII Earl of Pelindyr.

You should make her a Dona (with a tilda, I don't know how to make international punctuation.)


And she should listen to Los Lobos.


Zoe Oakeshott wrote:
Doodlebug, can you help me pick a character class for a Spanish dwarf?

If I may, a Dwarven rogue who is an expert in a useful field or a bomb tossing alchemist could be fun.


Gark the Goblin wrote:

Checking in after . . . a week? Five days? Three? Who the f~+* knows?!

This week is crazy. Three midterms + two in-turned assignments. (One if screwing around with an Excel spreadsheet, so I might actually have to buy Microsoft Office. Damn Microsoft.)

Um . . . oh yeah, I had a birthday last weekend, which is one of the reasons this week is so hectic. We didn't do much. Actually, right before that we celebrated my mom's birthday. People kinda dropped the ball on that one, I'm afraid. I ended up making coffee cake and whipped cream at 9:00 because no one made a cake before then. It was fairly good I guess.

Good luck on staying smoke-free, BT? I can't remember if you've said that you're trying to quit, or if it's for health reasons, or you just haven't gotten to the store lately. But um good luck all the same.

DA, you need to subvert the automobilarchical paradigm! Buy a cheap foreign bike!

Thanks!


I want a flamboyant warrior, not a Rogue.


Doodlebug Anklebiter wrote:

--Happy birthday Gark! You better have gotten B's or better in all of your subjects, or I'm going to send AZ out there to spank you!

As for the whole automobile thing--I already did my environmental time, thank you. Never had a car until I was 32. Unfortunately, I work 25 miles from my home and I'm not riding my bike across the state borders at 2 in the morning! Sorry, Mother Earth, I just don't love you that much. I do carpool, though.

--BT, I, unfortunately, have no helpful advice. I tried the patch once, and it took away the physical part of the addiction, but I still wanted to do it, and did. Also, if you wear them when you're asleep, you have awesome dreams! I swear by the powers of dialectical materialism, one time I dreamed that I was a werewolf in the Buffyverse who Angel and his crew were helping get into Sunnydale to grab a magic ring, but Buffy and the Scoobies thought I was evil, so we had a big fight...and then I woke up. What does this have to do with your struggle against addiction? Uh, nothing, I guess.

--What up, Mama Kelsey?!?

+1 to Gark

I'm quitting for health reasons. My age, weight, and lifestyle choices are catching up to me. Working 7 days a week 13 hours a day for months at a time is all about endurance. Quitting smoking and getting my fat ass into the gym are low hanging fruit that I have to grab. There's more to it than that, but I'm not inclined to air it out on the interwebs.

However we have PM now so we could exchange numbers and drunk call each other from time to time. ;)


Camila Marina Garrido Espinosa wrote:
I want a flamboyant warrior, not a Rogue.

Sorry, I can't get Princess Bride out of my head. ;)


Bitter Thorn wrote:


However we have PM now so we could exchange numbers and drunk call each other from time to time. ;)

PMing, yup, but no phone, at least not for now. My cell broke It's such a relief to not get a hail of text-messages at 3 in the morning from f%+!-ups who can't get to work on time that I'm in no hurry to replace it!

And now I have to check out Mama Kelsey's Stone Age world-building.


Cool

Liberty's Edge

Bitter Thorn wrote:
Doodlebug Anklebiter wrote:

--Happy birthday Gark! You better have gotten B's or better in all of your subjects, or I'm going to send AZ out there to spank you!

As for the whole automobile thing--I already did my environmental time, thank you. Never had a car until I was 32. Unfortunately, I work 25 miles from my home and I'm not riding my bike across the state borders at 2 in the morning! Sorry, Mother Earth, I just don't love you that much. I do carpool, though.

--BT, I, unfortunately, have no helpful advice. I tried the patch once, and it took away the physical part of the addiction, but I still wanted to do it, and did. Also, if you wear them when you're asleep, you have awesome dreams! I swear by the powers of dialectical materialism, one time I dreamed that I was a werewolf in the Buffyverse who Angel and his crew were helping get into Sunnydale to grab a magic ring, but Buffy and the Scoobies thought I was evil, so we had a big fight...and then I woke up. What does this have to do with your struggle against addiction? Uh, nothing, I guess.

--What up, Mama Kelsey?!?

+1 to Gark

I'm quitting for health reasons. My age, weight, and lifestyle choices are catching up to me. Working 7 days a week 13 hours a day for months at a time is all about endurance. Quitting smoking and getting my fat ass into the gym are low hanging fruit that I have to grab. There's more to it than that, but I'm not inclined to air it out on the interwebs.

However we have PM now so we could exchange numbers and drunk call each other from time to time. ;)

PMING IS OUT???

SWAG

Liberty's Edge

I um just finished A Clockwork Orange.

Materials request: 1 holy s#&+


Gark, I need help fast! Should I play a Sorcerer 1/ Cavalier 4/ Dragon Disciple 5 or Sorcerer 1/ Cavalier 5/ Dragon Disciple 4 for a draconic knight?

801 to 850 of 2,610 << first < prev | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Off-Topic Discussions / FAWTL refugee thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.