We All Want To Change The World - Bastards of Erebus PbP


Play-by-Post

1 to 50 of 247 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>

Bastards of Erebus PbP - We All Want To Change The World

---

13th of Rova, 4709 AR

We set our scene on the southern coast of Cheliax, in the City of Twilight, Westcrown. The sun rises over the city, its light reflecting off omnipresent canals and rivers located throughout. From a distance, the city looks as though it is shining, as it has for hundreds of years. But the shining exterior belies a city whose heart is now dark.

The past century has been difficult for Westcrown. Losing its status as the home of a God and the capital of a nation in the span of just a few short years was devastating, but the adoption of devil worship by the Chelish nobles poured salt into the city's wounds. Today, the city has a difficult time maintaining a cultural identity, though it remains an economic powerhouse on the world stage.

Of course, this only makes the rampant organized crime (and the rumours that the criminals control many of the nobles and maybe even the Lord Mayor) that much worse. Add to these frustrations the dark prowlers that haunt the streets at night ravaging citizens foolish enough to ignore the curfew and the Hellknights of the Order of the Nail who are always seemingly abusing their power on Westscrown citizens (and the local constabulatory, the dottari, can do nothing about it), the city's spirits are low, and it seems as though the long-term outlook for the city is grim.

Let us begin our tale of adventure!

---

Dramatis Personae

Dave Young 992 – Benicio Del Espada
Davi the Eccentric – Zareth Edemont
Kobold Cleaver – Tenzekila Brushketel
seekerofshadowlight – Mossi Durren
taig – Camris Findlespur
thrikreed – Grachius Alazario
Warforged Gardener – Rakless


For Benicio

Spoiler:

The 12th of Rova, 4709AR, Sundown

The smell of humanoid sweat and the moisture emanating from the nearby sea permeate this tavern, creating an unmistakable aroma that seems abhorrent to newcomers. Yet even with the smell and the ale-soaked walls and tables, the Rusty Anchor Tavern makes good business from regulars. As Benicio enjoys a very stout ale alone at his table, he, along with many others, notice something unusual at this tavern:

A woman enters through the main doors. A striking woman. A woman wearing rough local clothing and a blade at her hip, but these do nothing to reduce her beauty.

And even more surprisingly, she moves towards Benicio's table, and asks curtly: "May I sit here, sir?"

The other patrons seem incredibly envious, but return to their drinks quickly.


For Zareth

Spoiler:

12th of Rova, 4709 AR, Early Evening

The Cliffside Inn has one of the nicer selections when it comes to restaurants in Westcrown, but its atmosphere is none other than exquisite. A harp-player arpeggiates in the background, providing a pleasant sound to accompany the posh interior welcoming the nobles looking for a decent evening meal.

As Zareth is finishing his dinner of roast pheasant and sipping at his glass of wine, he sees a woman standing near his table. The beauty of her blonde hair is accentuated by her bright red dress, and while she does seem slightly uncomfortable in it, her beauty is not lessened.

She smiles at Zareth and asks quietly: "Good sir, I was hoping to speak with you about something of some import. Would you walk with me?"

She gestures towards the door, with a hopeful smile.


M Human Fighter 1

Spoiler:
Certainly! I'm Benicio Del Espada. You can call me Ben. What may I call you?

Aware of his less than charming appearance, he's a little surprised.


For Tenze

Spoiler:

13th of Rova, 4709AR, Dawn

The first light of the sun appears in Tenze's room window, lighting another day in the city. The sounds of the city awakening are clear as the people of Wescrown head towards their places of work for the day.

As Tenze looks around the room though, something stands out. There appears to be a note that was slid under the door at some point during the night.

It seems to be simply written: 'I have heard your mumblings that all is not right in the city of Westcrown. I feel it's time something should be done. Meet me in the corner booth of The Sacred Goose at sunrise.'


Female Goblin Ranger 1

The Sacred Goose:
The hooded gnome comes downstairs and walks straight to the corner booth. She keeps fidgeting, and mumbling under her breath.


For Mossi

Spoiler:

12th of Rova, 4709AR, Noon

As the sun reaches its apex of the day, so too does the training of Mossi Durren. The public park on the southern tip of the central island is the perfect place for Mossi to train her skills, but at the end of her routine, she sees an unexpected guest watching from a distance: a blonde human woman, who carries herself like a warrior.

She approaches Mossi and asks: "I am impressed. It is rare to see such artistry and deadliness at the same time. Where did you learn such styles?"


For Camris

Spoiler:

12th of Rova, 4709AR, Noon

As Camris is returning to the stable from a good long ride on his favourite mount, he sees something out of place in the stables: a human woman. She stands there face-to-face with Camris as he is still mounted, smiling. "Greetings, Camris. I have heard much about you. I have heard you are someone to trust when there is justice to be sought. Is this true?"


Male Tiefling Wizard 5

GM:

Spoiler:
"My dear, I would be glad to accompany you on this walk." Zareth stands up and heads to the door with the woman.


For Grachius

Spoiler:

13th of Rova, 4709AR, Late Morning

Grachius is enjoying a late breakfast as the dogs in the Dead Bear Tavern all around him snore due to a lazy morning. They awake with a start when the door suddenly bursts open to reveal a young boy who runs into the room with a piece of parchment in his hand.

Of course, the sudden movement draws the barking of the dogs as they get up. The half-orc bartender yells at the dogs and they calm down, and turns to the boy. "What'cha doin', boy? You lookin' to get your face ett off?"

The boy turns pale as he replies: "Sorry, sir! I 'us just deliverin' this here note to that there singer!" He gestures towards Grachius.

The half-orc waves the boy away and he appraoches Grachius. "Are you Grachius?", he asks, sheepishly.


For Rakless

Spoiler:

12th of Rova, 4709AR, Dawn

Rakless awakes in his roost as the sun rises, as is the usual, and the wafting smell of the sea air helps raise him to alertness. Out of the ordinary, this morning, however, is a woman standing outside The Sacred Goose, on the ground looking up, watching his movements.

She points towards the entrance to the inn, with a questioning expression on her face, and then enters the building.


Male Chelaxian (Human) Bard 1

Grachius Response 1:
Nameless GM wrote:


13th of Rova, 4709AR, Late Morning

The half-orc waves the boy away and he appraoches Grachius. "Are you Grachius?", he asks, sheepishly.

Yes, yes I am. Did Aerilius change his mind about that part?


Male Halfling Paladin 1 {Init +0, Perception +4, HP 10/10}

Camris' Response:
Camris dismounts from his pony and bows to the lady
"My dear lady, any time there is a need for justice, you can call upon the blade of Camris Findlespur. Might I ask who you are and the reason you seek me out?"


Female Human,Cheliax Monk 1

GM

Spoiler:
Mossi gives the woman a once over, years of training an always looking for the hidden dagger or the poisoned drink does that to a person. "I was trained by several privet masters, in many styles since a very young age. My family thought it prudent to have such skills."

14 sense motive check


Male Tengu Cleric 1

Spoiler:
Rakless watched the woman enter from his roost, intrigued. It's been quite a while since anyone expressed interest in him, aside from Tenze, without him first frustrating their sanity and composure. It's hardly his fault idioms don't translate from one language to another(or that a popular Chellish insult actually translates to "Dance on my feet" in the Tengu tongue).

He preened his feathers, picking out bits of straw with his beak, fluffing and then smoothing the black feathers until he was ready to meet the day. Then, he slipped his scabbard onto his belt, checked the blade of his bastard sword carefully for imperfections, and made his way downstairs.

The Tengu's head bobbed with each step, a little trick he sometimes used to improve his balance on an uneven surface. Wearing a blade as heavy as his required a little caution on the stairs, which he was only too happy to maintain. A lighter sword would have been more convenient, but Rakless loved the heft of a bastard sword. When his older brother taught him the fine art of swordplay, it was always his favorite because he felt like a master swordsman, spinning the magnificent blade in one hand and dancing around his brother. He never landed a single blow with the blade--he was skilled enough to wield it but lacked the upper body strength of Torkress or Nothley, his older brothers--not until he learned the sacred arts and realized a greater power than muscle.

Rakless gave the woman a courtly bow and cawwed. "Good morning, my lady. May I recommend the oatmeal? Very fat mealworms in there and if you ask nicely, they'll leave them in." He clucked his tongue. "Very tasty."


For Benicio

Spoiler:
"'My lady' will do for now." She sits down, grabbing an ale from a passing server as she does so, leaving a few copper in its place.

"Well, then, Ben. Let us cut straight to brass tacks, shall we?" She smiles as she takes a long sip from her drink.

"I've heard rumour tell of your... beliefs. Particularly that you feel there should be something done about the problems in the city of Westcrown. Now, of course, it's impolite to speak politics on our first meeting, but I hope you'll spare me this one indecency." She winks.

Lowering her voice to a whisper, "Were the rumours correct?"

For Tenze

Spoiler:
As Tenze arrives at the booth, she notices that a blonde, quite striking (for a human) woman is sitting there already, looking expectant.

"Hello, my gnomish friend," she says with mirth in her voice.

"Shall we convene to break our fast and discuss some business?"

For Zareth

Spoiler:
As you exit the building, the woman turns to Zareth and speaks, "I apologize for the sudden appearance and request to leave, but you know as well as I how far we can trust the nobles in this city."

She smiles, knowingly. "And yet, I hear you are different. That their ways are not quite yours."

"What can you tell me about yourself?"

For Grachius

Spoiler:
The boy looks even more sheepish, which seemed impossible moments before, but simply hands you a note and runs off.

The note reads: I know who you are. Please meet me in the alley behind the Dead Bear as soon as you receive this. We have much to discuss.

For Camris

Spoiler:
She smiles at Camris' response. "I could not have hoped for a better answer. I have learned through previous experience that lying to one of your persuasion is foolish, so I will dispense with the usual games."

"My name is Janiven, and I am here to request your aid in fighting the corruption that wracks our once-great city."

For Mossi

Spoiler:
Sense Motive Result: The woman seems to be genuinely interested in your art, but there is some other motive behind her introduction. She does not seem threatening, as far as you can tell.

"Indeed, it is a tragedy that these skills are necessary to survive." She gestures to her own blade. "I too have been trained to survive."

"In fact, survival is at the crux of what I wish to speak to you about. Would you be willing to walk with me and enjoy this beautiful day?"

For Rakless

Spoiler:
"Perhaps some other time, my friend. I have already broken my fast this morning. In reality, I am here to speak to you about your eyes. I hear the Tengu see more than the rest of us. I was hoping to speak to someone of your talents."

She quiets her voice: "Have you seen anything... strange... going on in our fair city?"


M Human Fighter 1

Spoiler:
"My lady?" Oh, very well. It's no secret to those who know me that I find these are troubled times, and would like to see a change for the better. Speak freely. I do not fear you, and you clearly don't fear me.

Sense motive http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2253187/ fail!

EDIT: I forgot how to link the roll, but it sucked. 8.

1d20+2=8

I think I got it!


Female Human,Cheliax Monk 1

GM

Spoiler:
Intrigued by the woman Mossi Nods he head " It is a lovely day,it would be a shame to not take it in'


Male Tiefling Wizard 5
Benicio Del Espada wrote:
EDIT: I forgot how to link the roll, but it sucked. 8.

(url=stuff)Other Stuff(/url), only with brackets. Or you could just copy and paste the line of BBC code (or BCC code or BBCode or however you say it.)

GM:

Spoiler:
"Honestly, my fellows spend too much of their time on petty politics. Yes, our society would of fallen long ago without infernal influence, but they didn't need to copy them completely. To be frank, I would gladly leave this city and conduct my research away from all this if I thought I could. Since I know there is no way that shall ever happen, I have decided to instead become skilled enough that I could simply tell them to leave me to my studies. Does that answer your question?


M Human Fighter 1
Zareth Edemont wrote:
Benicio Del Espada wrote:
EDIT: I forgot how to link the roll, but it sucked. 8.

(url=stuff)Other Stuff(/url), only with brackets. Or you could just copy and paste the line of BBC code (or BCC code or BBCode or however you say it.)

GM:** spoiler omitted **

It finally dawned on me. Computerz iz hard!


Male Chelaxian (Human) Bard 1

Grachius Response 2:

Nameless GM wrote:


The boy looks even more sheepish, which seemed impossible moments before, but simply hands you a note and runs off.

The note reads: I know who you are. Please meet me in the alley behind the Dead Bear as soon as you receive this. We have much to discuss.

After reading the note through twice more, I'll begin examining the note. I'll note the paper's thickness (weight), its natural coloration, and check it for watermarks. Anything stand out?

After that I'll carefully study the penmanship, noting anything that might determine the writer's identity, nationality, or even sex... or some other clue as to what waits for him in the alley. Anything stand out?

After carefully folding the note I'll stand up stretching, neaten my appearance (while tucking the note into my undergarments), toss enough coins on the table to pay my tab, and then boldy stride toward the front door.

Once outside, I immediately check my rapier and daggers and then circle around the inn coming at the alley from the far side. As soon as I can I'll try to slip into the shadows so I can get a good look at the situation and the players before I have to commit to it.

Feel free to make whatever rolls you think necessary, I'll trust you with them since it'll make the game go faster. Note: Any time I use a skill and I can get away with it, I'll take a 20. If I cannot take a 20, I will try to take a 10. Note: If there are any skills you think would be suitable for what I want to do and I do not have them, please let me know so that when I level I can take them.


Female Goblin Ranger 1
Nameless GM wrote:

For Tenze

** spoiler omitted **

The Sacred Goose:
Tenze nods hesitantly. "Yes. In your note, you said you wished to do something about the state this city is in. How did you know I agree? And what do you plan to do about it?"

Male Tengu Cleric 1

DM:

Spoiler:

Mysterious Woman wrote:


"Perhaps some other time, my friend. I have already broken my fast this morning. In reality, I am here to speak to you about your eyes. I hear the Tengu see more than the rest of us. I was hoping to speak to someone of your talents."

She quiets her voice: "Have you seen anything... strange... going on in our fair city?"

Rakless turned his head, watching her with one and the rest of the inn with his other. "Now that you mention it," the Tengu said softly, "I have noticed that the criminal fraternities in this city are a bit more...organized...than in other Chellish cities. In fact, I was just remarking to my friend Tenze the other day, if we weren't roosting in this inn, I have no doubt someone might steal the hay we sleep on in the middle of the night."


Male Halfling Paladin 1 {Init +0, Perception +4, HP 10/10}

Camris' Response:
"Well met, Lady Janiven! It would seem that we have similar goals. I am interested to hear your proposal."

As for dice rolls, I don't mind you making rolls for passive checks like Sense Motive, Spot, Listen, etc. In fact, -->here are 20 d20 rolls for your use.


Benicio

Spoiler:
Sense Motive result: She guards her emotions well, and you can't get a feel on anything underneath what she's telling you.

"I am pleased you say this. Suppose I were to tell you that there are many who share our opinions. Would you be interested in meeting them?"

She smiles, almost seductively, as she asks.

Mossi

Spoiler:
"So, if there is one thing I have always gathered from those who hone and train themselves to near perfection, it's that there is always a need to prove that this training is worthwhile. Like myself, I am guessing that you like to use your skills in real-life situations."

She smiles. [b]"Suppose I were to tell you that I can offer you a chance to prove yourself, while at the same time helping this city return to its past glory?"

She winks at Mossi, coyly. "Would you listen to my offer?"

Zareth

Spoiler:
"Indeed it does, my powerful friend. I say 'powerful' as it is quite clear that you are a mage of some skill. But what is power without honing it with real experiences, I ask?"

"If I have learned anything in my life, it is that untempered steel is as useful as a club. To achieve true mastery, one must temper one's power with experience, as well as study and practice. This is why I come to you today."

"There is no small amount of desperation in me when I ask you to help me. You must feel the dark times about in our city as well as I. Would you be able to help a damsel in distress?"

She grins coyly at those last few words.

Grachius

Spoiler:
About taking 10/20: Noted!

From your studies of the note (which is written on plain parchment available at any shop), you learn that it was written by a woman (or a man with particularly dainty handwriting), and the style seems reminiscent of Chelish writing, though, of course, an expert might be more accurate at pinpointing the actual region of Cheliax.

As you approach the alley, you only see one figure waiting. A lithe figure, cloaked in shadows. As you approach, you realize that it is in fact, a woman. A beautiful woman, at that. She keeps a longsword at her hip, but otherwise seems to be open to meeting you, as indicated by the smile on your face.

"I am glad you came. I was the most bold with you, and worried you would not appear."

Tenze

Spoiler:
The woman laughs before she replies. "Worry not, little one, I have not been spying on you. It was overheard by friends in this very tavern, and word does travel fast around this city these days."

Her expression becomes more serious, [b]"... but we should get to the heart of the matter. If you truly do wish to help our city, I ask that you listen to what I have to say. But what we discuss must remain between us. Do I have your word?"

Rakless

Spoiler:
"Yes, the organized crime has been dreadful, and it seems as though the dottari and the Hellknights do nothing about it!" She is clearly getting upset, but calms herself before continuing.

"I have been looking for like-minded individuals and those who have potential for greatness to recruit to our cause of returning this city to its greatness. In you, I have found both of these qualities, but first, I ask you: what can you tell me of this Tenze that you speak of?"

Camris

Spoiler:
"To be honest with you my friend, it is a very simple proposal. I represent concern Wiscrani citizens, and I am hoping that you will grant us the honour of your presence at a meeting about what we can do to rebuild the tarnished reputation of our once-great city. I am not asking you to commit to our cause, but simply to see for yourself whether or not it seems worth pursuing."

A hopeful expression rolls over her face as she says, "What do you say?"


Male Tengu Cleric 1

GM:

Spoiler:
"Tenze? Why, she's as upstanding a gnome as ever I've gnome, er, known. And that's saying a lot because she doesn't stand so very tall, but she cares about this city. We both do. I don't know about her, but I've got nowhere else to go. We Tengu are city birds, born and bred. And this city's not right." He tapped his beak. "I've got a sense for these things."


M Human Fighter 1

Spoiler:
I see no reason to doubt you. What do you have in mind? Should we go talk about this in a more... Er, safer place?

He certainly has no reason to doubt her!


Male Chelaxian (Human) Bard 1

Grachius Reply 3:

Nameless GM wrote:


As you approach the alley, you only see one figure waiting. A lithe figure, cloaked in shadows. As you approach, you realize that it is in fact, a woman. A beautiful woman, at that. She keeps a longsword at her hip, but otherwise seems to be open to meeting you, as indicated by the smile on your face.

"I am glad you came. I was the most bold with you, and worried you would not appear."

Wondering if perhaps I was unaware of a language commonly spoken in Cheliax besides Common and Infernal...

I switch from the role of skulking rogue to courting courtesan between shaky heartbeats… Standing up tall, I stride boldly up to her. Smiling as I approach, I give her a wink and throw an arm around her waist.

Raising an eyebrow, I say in smooth seductive common “Yes, my lovely lady, you were most”, I use the infernal word for “bold”, and continue in common, “Perhaps a reward is in order, eh?” and then begin nuzzling her neck, my warm breath rolling across her skin. Carefully I use my other hand to keep track of her sword arm’s elbow.

What’s my sense motive telling me about her? How about her reactions to the situation? Did she seem to recognize the infernal word I used or did she frown at its use? Most of all do I think she’s seen through my disguise or knows about my alternate identities?

My disguise check should be pretty good, with the starting +14 on the character sheet, changing only minor features grants +5, different gender –2, and different race –2 should come to +15. Then taking 10 or 20 for applying the disguise.


Female Goblin Ranger 1

The Sacred Goose:
"As you say, word has a way of spreading...but alright. I swear on my sword to tell nobody." She draws her rapier and puts it across her hood, most likely where her forehead is. She sheathes her sword. "Now what is all this about?"


Male Tiefling Wizard 5

GM:

Spoiler:
"My dear, I would be glad to help you.", Zareth says, returning her smile.


Male Halfling Paladin 1 {Init +0, Perception +4, HP 10/10}

Camris' reply:
I can't resist a damsel in distress, and, in helping her, I might get closer to my goal.

"I *am* interested in restoring honor to my adopted city. Very well, Lady Janiven, I will meet with your compatriots."


Female Human,Cheliax Monk 1

GM

Spoiler:
Mossi thinks for a moment keeping silent before speaking " Using one's training is always good, as for past glory ,I have to ask what does it pay? Glory is all fine and well, it does not however keep ones belly full and a roof above ones head'


Alright guys, I'm really liking the characters so far, but I'm realizing that you guys probably want to interact with each other and not just with me, so I'm going to fast-track this part of the story (which has done well as a character introduction for me, at least), into the next section. I'll have a big post tomorrow detailing the beginning of the next part!


Female Goblin Ranger 1

Great! Once we get there things can speed up!


M Human Fighter 1

Kewl!

Sovereign Court

Male Human Student (5)
Tenzekila Brushketel wrote:
Great! Once we get there things can speed up!

Definitely one of the other reasons. Essentially, writing 7 posts per day was more time-consuming than I had originally thought. :P

Alright, off to work now, will post the next part when I get back home.


Male Tengu Cleric 1
Nameless wrote:
Tenzekila Brushketel wrote:
Great! Once we get there things can speed up!

Definitely one of the other reasons. Essentially, writing 7 posts per day was more time-consuming than I had originally thought. :P

Alright, off to work now, will post the next part when I get back home.

[Rakless plucks mealworms out of his oatmeal, lays them side by side and counts them] "It's okay. I can keep myself busy until then." [one of the worms tries to inch away] "Oh, no you don't..."


Male Halfling Paladin 1 {Init +0, Perception +4, HP 10/10}

Perhaps I can introduce Tenze to my new friend. I bet Lady Janiven would like her.


Rakless:

Spoiler:
The woman gives a mirthful smile at Tenze's beak-tapping motion, and replies, "I have no doubt that you are one whose instincts are to be trusted. You are right that there is something wrong with this city."

Her expression stiffens. "I am looking for a group of competent folk to help return this city to its once-great stature. Thus, I have come to ask for your help, as a competent... er, bird." She laughs at herself at that.

"Sorry, I'm not exactly good at this. Please, if you're interested in helping Westcrown and its citizens, come meet me and other like-minded folk tomorrow night for an early dinner a few hours before evening. We will be at Vizio's Tavern, found in Central Wescrown."

She picks up a mealworm and swallows it before your eyes. "I promise, we'll have a specially made meal for you." She winks.

With that, she gets up and leaves the bar.

Benicio:

Spoiler:
"Yes, a more private place." She nods, and continues, "Please, if you truly wish to help the Wiscrani, meet me at Vizio's Tavern a few hours before sunset. We shall have an early dinner and discuss more of this subject."

She finishes her drink and stands up. "I hope you will come," she says with a slight smile on her lips.

With that, she leaves the establishment.

Grachius:

Spoiler:
Sense Motive Result: You're getting a sense of calmness from the woman, she does not seem particularly jumpy or excitable, which leads you to believe that she is either not looking for a major confrontation, or she's a very good liar.

As Grachius attempts to nuzzle the woman, she pushes you away and an angry look flares across her face, but it quickly softens. "Please, I'm sorry to have contacted you in such a way, but I needed to talk to you and I do not have much time."

"I have heard through my contacts that you have connections to the Pathfinder Society, which is why I contacted you. I know you Pathfinders are not popular here in Cheliax, which is why I didn't want to jeopardize you by speaking of it out loud." She looks you right in the eyes.

"Though, to be honest, I didn't expect such a bold reaction, even from a singer like yourself."

"My contact told me that you would be a reliable contact to speak with about... Well, I am trying to return this city to its former glory, but for that I need able bodies. And this is where you come in. I was hoping you would help us re-organize and even play a role as an unofficial emissary from the Pathfinders. We need everyone we can get."

"Now, I know this is a lot to take in all at once, but if you're willing to hear us out, meet me this evening a few hours before sundown at Vizio's Tavern in the centre of town."

"Now, you will unhand me, yes?" while she is trying to keep an angry expression on her face as she says this you realize that there are some playful undertones.

Note: She did not seem to understand your word spoken in Infernal.

Tenze:

Spoiler:
"I represent a group that is trying to right the wrongs that are enclosing on this town. For this, I need able bodies, and through recommendation, I have come to speak to you. I don't want to force your hand, but it would please me greatly if you would agree to join us for an early dinner this this evening a few hours before sunset. We're located at Vizio's Tavern in Central Westcrown."

"Now, I should leave you before people start noticing us. I do hope to see you tonight."

Zareth:

Spoiler:
The woman gives a delighted smirk as she says, "What this damsel needs now are people to help her in an organization to return our fair city to its once greatest point. This is why I come to you this evening. I am hoping you would acquiesce to meeting me tomorrow night for a light dinner and some more discussion on this subject at Vizio's Tavern, a few hours before sunset."

"For now, I must go, as there is much to be done, but I do thank you for the walk, and I hope that you decide to come tomorrow."

She smiles, almost seductively. "I would be disappointed if I couldn't see you again."

Camris:

Spoiler:
"This is fantastic news!" She claps her hands together.

"We will be meeting tomorrow evening at Vizio's Tavern just in the centre of Westcrown to discuss further details. I hope you will join us."

She makes to leave and says, "As for now, however, I should get going. There is still much to organize."

"I hope to see you tomorrow, friend!"

Mossi:

Spoiler:
"You are right to ask about the practical aspects. I cannot guarantee you much right now, but I can promise you a well-cooked meal if you come to hear what my organization has to say tomorrow evening at Vizio's Tavern."

"I do hope to see you there, and perhaps you can show me a thing or two in combat." She winks as she walks away.


Vizio's Tavern

As you approach the tavern, you realize that this is a quiet side-street a little bit off the beaten path in central Westcrown, traffic doesn't seem to be common in this area, and you quickly realize that this is most likely due to the fact that most of the shops and businesses in the area are boarded up and closed.

In fact, Vizio's Tavern is itself clearly out of business, but there do seem to be signs of activity within. Smoke emerges from the chimney and the sounds of movement within are clear to those standing outside.

The building is a common two-story building built in the Wiscrani style. The old tavern's sign looks a bit battered as though it hasn't been maintained in some time, but otherwise, the building looks to be in good condition.

Alright everyone, feel free to meet up outside or inside the tavern if you so choose. Now is the time to (hopefully) have the characters introduce themselves. When posting your first actions upon arriving at the Tavern, please describe your character for the rest of the group.


Female Human,Cheliax Monk 1

Mossi was dressed in well worn traveler clothing, her Kukri's at her back and two daggers in her boots hidden from view, whip coiled at her side. She had come to listen not to work, but when is wise never to go unarmed. Mossi wasn't a tall woman, she was small, compact. No one would ever call her lovely not because she was plain but the fact she was lean, serious looking and her steel gray eye's always seemed intense and watchful. She was once told she was like a viper, tense and ready to strike, cold in her actions. She always liked that

She once was used to fine things, clothing , good food the best. Now she thinks looking down at her worn clothing I am low on money, and could use a bit of work and that is how she finds herself on a empty street full of old shops and ghosts of the city's glory days.What kind of trouble will such a place hold? she thinks to herself as she cross the street and heads into the building


Female Goblin Ranger 1

The small, hooded gnome seems to have a slightly wide, plump face, though her torso is very small. Her cloak is dark blue, and she has a rapier at her waist. She walks towards the tavern with a limping gait.


M Human Fighter 1

Smoke from the chimney? That place has been closed for a while, thought Benicio, as he approached the shabby, neglected building. The whole neighborhood, really...

He checked his gear one more time, as though he hadn't a dozen times already. Yes, his new chain shirt that had yet to protect him from a blow was still there, along with the heavy shield strapped to his back, over his pack. His bastard sword, morningstar, dagger and longbow with a quiver of shiny-tipped arrows likewise remained on his person; new, sharp, cleaned, polished, and untested. He smoothed back his shock of thick, close-cropped black hair, and cleared his throat.

He'd brought everything, not knowing what to expect, and peered into the entrance, but saw nothing. You wanted to make a difference, he reminded himself. This is the place.

He walked inside, his light-brown eyes adjusting to the light. He saw one of the small folk; cloaked, perhaps a halfling. A woman stood nearby, though not the one he sought. She eyed him with a steely wariness that was a little unsettling. He looked about the room, not seeing the "lady" who had found him and beckoned him here. Was it some sort of trick, or a joke? There was only one way to find out.

He approached the little person, and in his gruff, deep voice, introduced himself.

"Hello," he said, extending his broad, tanned hand to the hooded halfling. "I'm Benicio Del Espada. I'm looking for a certain lady. Perhaps you've seen her?"


Male Tiefling Wizard 5

Zareth approaches the tavern wearing a fine robe, a finely-trimmed goatee on his chin. He is holding a staff and a satchel, and a small black snake can be seen wrapped around his arm. He looks around at the surroundings with disdain. "How... impoverished. Well, we have a meeting with a beautiful woman and we shouldn't keep her waiting." With that, he walks into the inn.


Male Chelaxian (Human) Bard 1

Grachius Response 4:


Earlier you said…

Nameless GM wrote:

From your studies of the note (which is written on plain parchment available at any shop), you learn that it was written by a woman (or a man with particularly dainty handwriting), and the style seems reminiscent of Chelish writing, though, of course, an expert might be more accurate at pinpointing the actual region of Cheliax.”

What skills and rank totals would it take for me to become that expert?

Nameless GM wrote:


As Grachius attempts to nuzzle the woman, she pushes you away and an angry look flares across her face, but it quickly softens. "Please, I'm sorry to have contacted you in such a way, but I needed to talk to you and I do not have much time."

I, of course, let her push away… though as I do so I grasp one of her hands, take a step back, and bowing low put her hands to my lips… Then look up into her eyes smiling, raise a seductive eyebrow, say “Perhaps another time…” and wink.

Nameless GM wrote:


"I have heard through my contacts that you have connections to the Pathfinder Society, which is why I contacted you. I know you Pathfinders are not popular here in Cheliax, which is why I didn't want to jeopardize you by speaking of it out loud." She looks you right in the eyes.

I make a point of never taking my eyes from hers, though I believe I’ve bowed long enough.

Nameless GM wrote:


"Though, to be honest, I didn't expect such a bold reaction, even from a singer like yourself."

My smile deepens, my eyebrows wiggle suggestively, and as she finishes this line I say, “Fate favors the bold.” As I finish, I lick my lips suggestively.

Nameless GM wrote:


"My contact told me that you would be a reliable contact to speak with about... Well, I am trying to return this city to its former glory, but for that I need able bodies. And this is where you come in. I was hoping you would help us re-organize and even play a role as an unofficial emissary from the Pathfinders. We need everyone we can get."

"Now, I know this is a lot to take in all at once, but if you're willing to hear us out, meet me this evening a few hours before sundown at Vizio's Tavern in the center of town."

"Now, you will unhand me, yes?" while she is trying to keep an angry expression on her face as she says this you realize that there are some playful undertones.

Bowing only slightly, I bring her hand (the one I still have not released) and bring it to my lips again. As I brush my lips along the back of hand, I watch her for a further reaction.

“Perhaps, in the near future…” and I let the sentence drift off into the night.

“Now, I insist you on seeing you safely home, Lady?” and smile as I turn the last word into a question in and of itself.

Did I hear any accent to her spoken common? Even if I cannot identify it now, I’ll try to squirrel it away for later identification or even duplication.

By the way, what is her cha?


Male Tengu Cleric 1

The Tengu entered the tavern and squawked his approval at the sight of the little gnome. Rakless was dressed in the refined garb of an artisan beneath his armor, which only served to highlight the perfectly balanced mix of grace and awkwardness that was his signature.

To the other patrons of the tavern, he must have appeared a comical sight: an enormous black bird with feathered arms instead of wings, his right hand resting on the hilt of a sword that looked too big for him, his left gripping a shield that had something--a scroll, perhaps--pinned to the inside.

He scraped the top of his beak with he shield a few times, as if sharpening it, then quickly removed the shield and hung over his shoulder, embarrassed by the nervous tic. Rakless made his way over to Tenze. "I wonder how the mealworms are here. I hope they're lively." He clucked his tongue. "Did the mysterious lady invite you, too?" He covered his beak. "Oh, sorry. Don't answer. It's more mysterious that way."


Male Chelaxian (Human) Bard 1
Nameless GM wrote:



Alright everyone, feel free to meet up outside or inside the tavern if you so choose. Now is the time to (hopefully) have the characters introduce themselves. When posting your first actions upon arriving at the Tavern, please describe your character for the rest of the group.

Before I arrive…:

I had thought the previous interaction with the lady had been at night… So I’m hoping this is the next day.

After I am done with the lady... I will do the following if I have the time.

6-14 hours before... Get what sleep I can.

5 to 6 hours before... I will switch to the garb of a filthy trash-picking beggar (concealed dagger) and check out Vizio’s Tavern and the surrounding area. I’m looking for escape routes… If I run out the back and out this alley, make a left and then a right I’ll be in the middle of a bustling market. If I jump out that window there and run down this alley I’ll be on a crowded street. I’ll try to nail down such a path for each cardinal direction.

About 4 hours before... I will return to my inn room, clean up, and then take as long as possible to re-apply my disguise as Grachius… Including a black cloak.

About an hour before... I will arrive early at the tavern, find a place within easy reach of one of my picked escape routes, but able to keep an eye on the entire room. I will then try very hard to blend in and become unnoticed while not completely hiding.

I will arrive an hour before the aforementioned time. I am a blonde haired male human wearing a Courtier's outfit (though without any jewelry accents), studded leather armor, a rapier, and a dagger. I have a black cloak on my arm (or sitting beside me once I have sat in a corner).


See picture for a visual.


Female Goblin Ranger 1
Rakless wrote:

The Tengu entered the tavern and squawked his approval at the sight of the little gnome. Rakless was dressed in the refined garb of an artisan beneath his armor, which only served to highlight the perfectly balanced mix of grace and awkwardness that was his signature.

To the other patrons of the tavern, he must have appeared a comical sight: an enormous black bird with feathered arms instead of wings, his right hand resting on the hilt of a sword that looked too big for him, his left gripping a shield that had something--a scroll, perhaps--pinned to the inside.

He scraped the top of his beak with he shield a few times, as if sharpening it, then quickly removed the shield and hung over his shoulder, embarrassed by the nervous tic. Rakless made his way over to Tenze. "I wonder how the mealworms are here. I hope they're lively." He clucked his tongue. "Did the mysterious lady invite you, too?" He covered his beak. "Oh, sorry. Don't answer. It's more mysterious that way."

She laughs. Her laugh is high-pitched and tinny, and she speaks with a slight Brevian accent. "Rakless! I didn't know you'd be here, too! I'm sure that the mealworms will be quite lively in a place such as this, but make sure the lady knows you want them in your food. Some strange people happen to dislike mealworms for some reason." She does not seem completely sarcastic. She lowers her voice. "Have you seen some of these other people? That woman looked like her eyes could melt steel, and that man looks like a musician! What sort of job is this woman planning?"


M Human Fighter 1

GM

Spoiler:
I tend to read this in order. For brevity's sake, we could all be assembled for a big meeting. Not to diss the roleplay, but there are 7 of us!


Male Halfling Paladin 1 {Init +0, Perception +4, HP 10/10}

What most would mistake as a sandy-haired, rosy-cheeked child makes his entrance into the tavern. His eyes, at first appearing impossibly sad, light up when he sees his friend, Tenze.

"How delightful! I didn't know you would be involved in this venture. I would have thought Lady Janiver would mention she approached a dear friend of mine. No matter--it is great to see you, Tenze."

He continues to chatter away at his gnome friend, and is singularly impressed with the tengu. At times, during his idle conversation, he looks around to appraise the others in the tavern.

1 to 50 of 247 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / We All Want To Change The World - Bastards of Erebus PbP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.