Armor Ghost Touch


Rules Questions


I just want to know: a ghost touch armor gives to a PC a +3 on is AC that's it ?


sempai33 wrote:
I just want to know: a ghost touch armor gives to a PC a +3 on is AC that's it ?

It increases the cost by a +3 enhancement, it doesn't actually raise the AC at all.

"Both its enhancement bonus and its armor bonus count against the attacks of corporeal and incorporeal creatures."

Is what you get.

So if you have + 1 full plate of ghost touch, it costs the same as + 4 full plate, but has an AC bonus which you can use if an incorporial creature attacks you, normally they'd be able to ignore it.


Eric Mason 37 wrote:


So if you have + 1 full plate of ghost touch, it costs the same as + 4 full plate, but has an AC bonus which you can use if an incorporial creature attacks you, normally they'd be able to ignore it.

So if you have an full plate +1 (not ghost touch) when you are attacking by an incorporeal creature, your AC is only equal to 9 (thanks to your full plate) and not +10 thanks to your full plate +1 ? The incorporeal creature ignore the enchantment ? What is the particularity with the incorporeal ?


No. Your full plate doesn't give you any AC bonus. Your AC=10. The ghost touch plate gives you the full bonus.

Liberty's Edge

Pathfinder Companion, Pathfinder Accessories, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

Incorporeals treat everything that is not incorporeal or with the ghost touch property as a touch attack. So Armour, Shield and Natural Armour bonuses do not apply to the AC they have to hit. Ghost Touch means your armour, including all its bonuses add in.


Paul Watson wrote:
Incorporeals treat everything that is not incorporeal or with the ghost touch property as a touch attack. So Armour, Shield and Natural Armour bonuses do not apply to the AC they have to hit. Ghost Touch means your armour, including all its bonuses add in.

Thanks, so a ghost, a dread warren, a shadow can attack you with your AC=10 even if it's a fullplate +1 ?

Liberty's Edge

Pathfinder Companion, Pathfinder Accessories, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
sempai33 wrote:
Paul Watson wrote:
Incorporeals treat everything that is not incorporeal or with the ghost touch property as a touch attack. So Armour, Shield and Natural Armour bonuses do not apply to the AC they have to hit. Ghost Touch means your armour, including all its bonuses add in.
Thanks, so a ghost, a dread warren, a shadow can attack you with your AC=10 even if it's a fullplate +1 ?

Yup. That's why they're vicious. And why DMs just love throwing them against their impossible-to-hit tanks.


Paul Watson wrote:

Yup. That's why they're vicious. And why DMs just love throwing them against their impossible-to-hit tanks.

That's also why Ghost Touch armour exists. But yes, for the unprepered a ghost can be an issue. I rememeber throwing a handful of low-CR ghosts at a medium-level party, and despite only being able to deal a minimum amount of damage they were able to tie up the party for hours and cause a fair bit of damage (having your own weapon telekineticlly taken from you then used against you will do that).


Paul Watson wrote:
sempai33 wrote:
Paul Watson wrote:
Incorporeals treat everything that is not incorporeal or with the ghost touch property as a touch attack. So Armour, Shield and Natural Armour bonuses do not apply to the AC they have to hit. Ghost Touch means your armour, including all its bonuses add in.
Thanks, so a ghost, a dread warren, a shadow can attack you with your AC=10 even if it's a fullplate +1 ?
Yup. That's why they're vicious. And why DMs just love throwing them against their impossible-to-hit tanks.

That coupled with the habit of those creatures playing "Whack-a-Stat!" really makes one feel like a chump playing a front liner.

"Oh great, not only does this critter bypass 1000's of GP in magic armor, but it also gets to circumvent my HP, taking me down almost as fast as it would drop a commoner!"

Scarab Sages

Incorporeal creatures essentially attack your "Touch AC", which your armor/shield does not normally contribute to. The Ghost Touch property allows your armor/shield (whichever is enchanted) to apply, increasing your AC against these devastating touch attacks.

Community / Forums / Pathfinder / Pathfinder First Edition / Rules Questions / Armor Ghost Touch All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.