The Valkyrie Chronicles


Play-by-Post

301 to 350 of 369 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>

Male Snow Elf Arcane Bloodline Sorcerer 1

Vissakiel thanks Cleo and is about to assure her that they will work together to complete her mission when Khismia steps into view.

He wears an expression of concern as she wipes the odorous stuff from her face. "What happened? Are you alright?"


Male Halfling Paladin 1 {Init +0, Perception +4, HP 10/10}

"OK. I think we've escaped from the bad guys...Master Ben...Mistress Tenze...Master Grachius..."

Camris blinks his eyes and looks at the assembled group.

"Hullo, I'm Camris Findlespur. Pleased to make your acquaintance."


For the purpose of making things less confusing, taig is joining our little band as Camris Findlespur. Assume that Khis bumped into him while she was scouting.


Male Snow Elf Arcane Bloodline Sorcerer 1

Vissakiel's mouth clamps shut with an audible clap as the halfling appears. "Ummm...Khismia? Just what kind of trouble have you gotten yourself into?"

Welcome to our little group, taig!"


Male Halfling Paladin 1 {Init +0, Perception +4, HP 10/10}

Thanks!

"I didn't realize Westcrown had such an extensive underground. That's where I was escaping from before I ran into Mistress Khismia."

The Exchange

Female Suli-Jann Fighter 1

"And he's lucky I didn't gut him when he came up to me. With this damned stuff in my eyes I thought he was another Kobold for a second."


female Tiefling (kyton spawn) Rog 1

Diviha helps Khismia clean the slime off her face with a stolen cloak, as she eyes the diminutive warrior. "Aw, you so cute! Like a cuddly little armored teddy bear... that watches over you. she says to Camris. As she wipes the last of the offensive goop from her fighter friend, she kisses her on the cheek, "There we go, all better. But Khis, don't wander off again with out me... I was worried."


Male Snow Elf Arcane Bloodline Sorcerer 1

Knowledge (geography) - Untrained: 1d20(17)+2= 19

"Westcrown? Isn't that in Cheliax? We are far from there, my little friend. It would take you days to get there from the nearest coast...weeks by land, no doubt. How, exactly, were you trying to escape from Westcrown's underground?"


Male Halfling Paladin 1 {Init +0, Perception +4, HP 10/10}

Camris blushes at Diviha's words, then he turns to Vissakiel.

"I was in a place Lady Janiven invited us to. She put out this wonderful spread of food. The cheeses were superb, I must say. Then she got quiet, then agitated, then things just went crazy as some poor human child was dragged in by a sorta demon woman, who was nice anyway, you can't just judge people by appearances, that's what my *sniff* mother always told me. I followed everyone down into the basement, and I made sure the boy could make it too, I didn't want him to get into trouble along with the rest of us, because we were trying to fight to help the people of Westcrown, which the Hellknights don't like. I heard a whoosh and the next thing I knew I was in this cave and I found Mistress Khismia, who I would have helped if I hadn't been so disoriented. I'm really days away from Westcrown? How odd, well at least I can help you while I make my way back, what's going on here?"


"We really should get moving, before more kobolds come," Cleo says.


Perception checks please!


Male Snow Elf Arcane Bloodline Sorcerer 1

Looks like we waited too long.
Perception: 1d20(14)+2= 16
Did I mention that this "Second Darkness" d20 seems to like me?


Male Halfling Paladin 1 {Init +0, Perception +4, HP 10/10}

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Evidently, Camris is still a little out of sorts from his journey.

The Exchange

Female Suli-Jann Fighter 1

Perception Check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


female Tiefling (kyton spawn) Rog 1

Perception: 1d20(16)+3=19


Diviha and Vissakiel

Spoiler:
You here the sound of people moving in heavy armor. From th precision of their steps they are not likely to be kobolds.


Male Snow Elf Arcane Bloodline Sorcerer 1

Vissakiel turns his head to capture an errant sound. He speaks softly, but his tone is quite urgent. "Someone is coming. They are not kobolds. We should get out of sight."

The elf looks around quickly for the nearest place to hide.

Perception: 1d20(20)+2= 22
Stealth: 1d20(16)+2= 18
I think I might have to go back to using the online dice roller...these rolls are getting hard to believe. I'm usually not this lucky with dice.

The Exchange

Female Suli-Jann Fighter 1
Vissakiel wrote:
I think I might have to go back to using the online dice roller...these rolls are getting hard to believe. I'm usually not this lucky with dice.

It seems it isn't just the dice rollers that hate me. I had Pen & Paper D&D on Friday night and my Character died. In 2 hours I rolled two d20 dice over 8 (and this was in battle, so there were quite a few Attacks and Spell Saves to be rolled). One was an 11 and still missed and the other was an 18 and all that did was mean that I didn't confirm a Critical Fumble. I seem to have really good luck whenever I have to roll up a Character's Stats but lousy luck when I'm actually playing. :(

Khismia looks around and attempts to find somewhere to hide.

Stealth Check: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Case in Point...


Male Halfling Paladin 1 {Init +0, Perception +4, HP 10/10}

"I hope it's not Hellknights!"

Stealth: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (6) + 0 = 6


Male Snow Elf Arcane Bloodline Sorcerer 1

How much would Vissakiel know about Hellknights? I doubt there'd be much info from knowledge (arcana), but just in case:
Knowledge (arcana): 1d20(11)+6= 17;
Knowledge (anything else relevant): 1d20(20)+2= 22 (omg...two in one night?! I've NEVER been this lucky with dice!)


Vissakiel realizes that never in his arcane studies has he ever heard of Hellknights.


Male Snow Elf Arcane Bloodline Sorcerer 1

That just goes to show that luck only gets one so far, eh? ;-)

Vissakiel frowns, having no idea what the halfling is talking about. "Is it possible these Hellknights followed you through whatever portal you took to get here?"

This is certainly a complication we don't need.


Vissakiel wrote:

That just goes to show that luck only gets one so far, eh? ;-)

Wrong knowledge sadly.


Male Snow Elf Arcane Bloodline Sorcerer 1
DM Dave wrote:
Wrong knowledge sadly.

No worries. I figured I'd try the second roll in the off chance that some kind of general knowledge (i.e., intelligence check), might reveal info about them...but that limit on untrained knowledge checks is a b***h. I knew it was a long shot. :D


Paging Diviha


Male Halfling Paladin 1 {Init +0, Perception +4, HP 10/10}

"I didn't even know I went through a portal. They weren't behind me as far as I knew, but I did get lost and I'm easy to follow, at least my mom *sniff* always said that I was as easy to find as an elephant parade, whatever that means."


female Tiefling (kyton spawn) Rog 1

Diviha darts for cover as close to the cavern entrance as she can, she turns to her companions, "Shhhh! you two", indicating the halfling and the warrior woman, "Pretend to fight.". With that she tries her best to make herself unseen, her antique sword ready to strike.

Stealth: 1d20(11)+7=18


Male Halfling Paladin 1 {Init +0, Perception +4, HP 10/10}

Camris looks puzzled for a second, then turns to Vissakiel.

"Hey, watch where you're stepping, you big...meanie!"


As Vissakiel and Camris start arguing, a group of four grey skinned bald dwarves come around the corner, accompanied by a being dressed all in black and wearing a helmet that obscures his face. Amazingly, they don't seem to have evn heard th fighting judging by their surprised expressions.


female Tiefling (kyton spawn) Rog 1

Can I get a little more info on the being in black? human size build, type of armor, that sort of thing?


Diviha wrote:
Can I get a little more info on the being in black? human size build, type of armor, that sort of thing?

Plate armor, same height and build as the dwarves, carrying a spiked chain.


Male Halfling Paladin 1 {Init +0, Perception +4, HP 10/10}

Camris looks at the group, embarrassed.

"Oh, sorry, I shouldn't bring my issues with this guy..."

Camris kicks Vissakiel in the shin.

"...out in the open for everyone to see."


The black clad figure points at you and shouts, "In the name of the Maimed One, take them."

Initative time.

The Exchange

Female Suli-Jann Fighter 1

Initiative: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23

Khismia turns and pulls the Earthbreaker from her back as she rushes forward.

Attack Black Clad Figure with Earthbreaker: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3


Male Snow Elf Arcane Bloodline Sorcerer 1

Vissakiel winces and grits his teeth as the pain from Camris's kick shoots up through his leg.

"You little! What was that for?" he hisses. It takes the elf a moment before he can focus on the armored figure and other strange dwarves. As he brings his hand up and prepares to call upon the elemental chill within him and aims a blast of ice at the nearest foe, he tries to determine who the "Maimed One" is.

Initiative: 1d20(13)+2= 15
Ray of Frost (ranged touch attack): 1d20(18)+2
Ray of Frost damage (if any): 2 points of cold damage
Knowledge (arcana): 1d20(3)+6= 9
Knowledge (nature): 1d20(7)+6= 13
Knowledge (religion): 1d20(15)+2= 17 (if the Maimed One is a common religious reference, I should be able to recognize it...otherwise...no.)


Male Halfling Paladin 1 {Init +0, Perception +4, HP 10/10}

"Oh wait, this is a real fight."

Camris swings wide with his longsword and nearly hits Khismia.

Initiative: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (2) + 0 = 2
Longsword: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9 damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


Vissakiel, you believe that the Maimed One might a regional name for Zon-Kuthon, but you are not certain.


female Tiefling (kyton spawn) Rog 1

Sadly I had posted but I guess when the site had issues mine must have gotten lost. :/

As the armored one raises his hand Diviha leaps from her hiding place swinging her greatsword at him.

Initiative:1d20(14)+3=17
Greatsword: 1d20(16)
Damage:2d6(3,5)=8
Sneak Attack:1d6=4

As she strikes, the Teifling speaks, her voice taking on an ominous tone, "I think not little ones, my master does not take kindly to interference by worms such as your selves, leave... or suffer"

Bluff:1d20(11)+7=18.


Kishima swings at the black clad figure but misses, as does Diviha. Nor does Diviha's attempts at intimidation seem to have worked. However, the bolt of blue energy summoned by Visakiel does strike true and a patch of frost appears on the nearest dwarf's arm. "You will pay for approaching me woman," The black clad figure says to Diviha as he swings his spiked chain and it slams into her. 6 damage Camris struggles as he is a little rusty with his sword. One of the dwarves, the one struk by his ray, rushes forward and strikes Visakiel with his hammer 2 damage Anotherone strikes at Camris but the blow glances off the halfling's armor with no effect. The other two drawves turn and fire crossbows at Kishima and Diviha, but only Kishima gets struck. 1 damage

Initative order
Kishima is up

Diviha
Visakiel
The One in Black
Camris
Duergar.


Male Halfling Paladin 1 {Init +0, Perception +4, HP 10/10}

When it gets to Camris' turn

Camris says a quick prayer to Erastil and swings his sword at the black clad one.

Attack roll: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Damage roll: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

OK. How in the Nine Hells did I get the exact same rolls? :P


Male Snow Elf Arcane Bloodline Sorcerer 1

Vissakiel is shocked by the sudden onslaught, but manages to keep his senses about him. Although flight might give them the best chance at survival against these strange dwarven warriors, fleeing blindly through unknown tunnels that must have more traps in them isn't a good option, either.

Deciding to focus on the most dangerous foe, first, the elf steps just out of his closest opponent's reach. Quickly uttering a sibilant incantation, he calls up his arcane energies and unleashes a coruscating ray from his outstretched hand, directing it at the dwarves' armor-clad leader.

Five-foot step away from the dwarf, then casts ray of enfeeblement at the armored guy. (If the armored guy is already down, I'll cast the spell on the nearest dwarf.)
Ray of Enfeeblement (ranged touch): 1d10(18)+2= 20 (woohoo!)
Ray of Enfeeblement (strength penalty): 1d6(2)= 2
Spell Resistance (if any) applies. Caster level check: 1d20(6)+1= 7
Fortitude save halves strength penalty: DC 14
(If I'm surrounded and can't cast a spell, I'll swing my staff a the nearest enemy.)
Attack with Staff: 1d20(5)+1= 6 (Looks like the winning streak is over.)

The Exchange

Female Suli-Jann Fighter 1

Growling at her stunning miss, Khismia swings her Earthbreaker back around for another Pass at the Leader.

Attack Black Clad Figure with Earthbreaker: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Vissakiel wrote:
(If the armored guy is already down, I'll cast the spell on the nearest dwarf.)

No chance of that happening when Khismia is on the job! Maybe I should leave him to Diviha?


Khisima's Earthbreaker continues to live up to it's name as it threatens every rock in the tunnel.

Diviha is up
Visakiel
The One in Black
Camris


female Tiefling (kyton spawn) Rog 1

Shocked that her well timed surprise attack missed, Diviha curses,"Is this frikking cavern the central hub for all bad guys!?". Frustrated she swings again at the armored one.

Greatsword: 1d20+0=16+2(flanking bonus)=18.

Well we've already established an 18 isn't good enough to hit him.


Diviha wrote:

Shocked that her well timed surprise attack missed, Diviha curses,"Is this frikking cavern the central hub for all bad guys!?". Frustrated she swings again at the armored one.

Greatsword: 1d20+0=16+2(flanking bonus)=18.

Well we've already established an 18 isn't good enough to hit him.

Actually 16 wasn't good enough to hit him. 18 hits just fine.


female Tiefling (kyton spawn) Rog 1

In that case... Damage:2d6 (3,6)=9.


This time Diviha's swing hits and the One in Black lets out a satisfing grunt.

Visakiel is up
The One in Black
Camris


Male Snow Elf Arcane Bloodline Sorcerer 1

Vissakiel's action is posted above. Target will still be "The One in Black."

301 to 350 of 369 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Valkyrie Chronicles All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.