Modern Role Playing for the Pathfinder RPG


Product Discussion

Wayfinders

This sourcebook for Pathfinder will do what no other OGL modern book has done, allow you to crossover fantasy and modern characters and creatures without issues of conversion. This book will be completely plug and play. It will contain modern equipment classes and feats all for use with the Pathfinder Role Playing Game. It is being written by David Schwartz and hope to be released after the first of 2010. In addition to this we are releasing a Pulp sourcebook for our Modern addition to the Pathfinder RPG.


Will this contain any setting material?

Scarab Sages

Publisher?


was a kinda odd announcement


It will be interesting to see what this is. I like the idea of it working the same as Pathfinder with no rules conversions. Just the things that make the type of game like classes and such.

Who is creating it?
Will it be open like the rest of Pathfinder RPG?

Wayfinders

Im sorry, please forgive me. I had forgotten I dont have my sig like it is on RPG.net and failed to give that information. It will be published by Battlefield Press, Inc. and will contain open material. It will be a generic toolkit, but setting books will follow.

--
Jonathan M. Thompson
Battlefield Press, Inc (www.battlefieldpress.com) / Solar Flare Productions
jthompson@battlefieldpress.com
d20 Magazine Rack (www.d20zines.com)
thompsonjm@gmail.com

Dark Archive

Jonathan Thompson wrote:

It will be published by Battlefield Press, Inc. and will contain open material. It will be a generic toolkit, but setting books will follow.

--
Jonathan M. Thompson
Battlefield Press, Inc (www.battlefieldpress.com) / Solar Flare Productions
jthompson@battlefieldpress.com
d20 Magazine Rack (www.d20zines.com)
thompsonjm@gmail.com

Jonathan, any news on the classes? Will they follow the WotC version (e.g., Tough, Smart, etc.) and be backwards compatible to that material, or professions like Pathfinder ala fighter/soldier, bard/entertainer, etc.?

Wayfinders

joela wrote:
Jonathan, any news on the classes? Will they follow the WotC version (e.g., Tough, Smart, etc.) and be backwards compatible to that material, or professions like Pathfinder ala fighter/soldier, bard/entertainer, etc.?

They will be classes more in line with the current Pathfinder classes, so that the two books can work seamlessly together. However there is the possibility of a conversion document for those that may want it.

Dark Archive

Any chance you'll do open playtest, keeping with the Pathfinder spirit?

Wayfinders

dm4hire wrote:
Any chance you'll do open playtest, keeping with the Pathfinder spirit?

That is one of the possibilities, the truth of the matter is that we have not yet decided how we are going to handle the playtest.

Dark Archive

Jonathan Thompson wrote:
joela wrote:
Jonathan, any news on the classes? Will they follow the WotC version (e.g., Tough, Smart, etc.) and be backwards compatible to that material, or professions like Pathfinder ala fighter/soldier, bard/entertainer, etc.?
They will be classes more in line with the current Pathfinder classes, so that the two books can work seamlessly together. However there is the possibility of a conversion document for those that may want it.

Gotcha. Thanks!


Jonathan Thompson wrote:
dm4hire wrote:
Any chance you'll do open playtest, keeping with the Pathfinder spirit?
That is one of the possibilities, the truth of the matter is that we have not yet decided how we are going to handle the playtest.

I hope, I hope, I hope, I hope.....

I was too late to participate in the Pathfinder Playtest, and I've always wanted to help develop a professional game in some way. I mean, I create my own stuff, but I'd never sell it, I don't think people would buy it.


I call dibs on working with it :)

Lantern Lodge

Working seamlessly with existing Pathfinder classes and material is the key - this seems one step closer to making a home-brew D20 TORG game a reality!


Gaunt Man

Hmm sounds tasty

Wayfinders

I am looking forward to seeing the final ms hit my desk. After I go through it I will figure out what we are going to do about playtesting, we generally do them as closed Playtest, but anything is possible.

Community / Forums / Pathfinder / Pathfinder First Edition / Third-Party Pathfinder RPG Products / Product Discussion / Modern Role Playing for the Pathfinder RPG All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.