Amazon?


Pathfinder First Edition General Discussion

1 to 50 of 138 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>

Anyone receive the book from Amazon yet? I preordered it months ago but no notice of it's mailing and at the website says delivery anticipated in mid-sept?

Liberty's Edge

I pre-ordered a couple weeks ago from Amazon, and it tells me estimated ship date is August 24th, delivery 31st-2nd. Weird.

Dark Archive

Gkar66 wrote:
Anyone receive the book from Amazon yet? I preordered it months ago but no notice of it's mailing and at the website says delivery anticipated in mid-sept?

Amazon UK changed the shipping date to September 2nd.

Amazon Germany still has August 19th ( unfortunately I don`t have any trust in that date). I also ordered an extra copy with my local game store, but chances seem to be slim. As a collector as well as a player (who was not willing to pay 40+ $ for shipping and handling from the US), I am rather disappointed in the allowance on books for good old Europe. I am afraid I'll have to wait for the 2nd printing or pay a total of 85 to 90 bucks for one book when ordering from Paizo directly.


I've got a delivery estimate of Aug. 24th-26th here. With my luck, I might get it early.


Gkar66 wrote:
Anyone receive the book from Amazon yet? I preordered it months ago but no notice of it's mailing and at the website says delivery anticipated in mid-sept?

I pre-ordered my copy on May 25th. Amazon still estimates shipping on September 8th. I'm hoping that's a pessimistic estimate.


Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Companion, Lost Omens, Starfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Lathiira wrote:
I've got a delivery estimate of Aug. 24th-26th here. With my luck, I might get it early.

same here

Liberty's Edge

Pathfinder Companion, Maps, Pathfinder Accessories, Pawns Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Charter Superscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber

I ordered a copy from Amazon on Aug 3, with a delivery date of Aug 21.

Liberty's Edge

Gkar66 wrote:
Anyone receive the book from Amazon yet? I preordered it months ago but no notice of it's mailing and at the website says delivery anticipated in mid-sept?

That's Amazon-speak for "never".

I have had the same results when I pre-order books from low print run publishers like Subterranean. I order months in advance, and the date comes and goes. No book. New delivery date. There aren't any more, and they just can't bring themselves to break it to you. They are hoping you'll forget.


I ordered 6 books on August 3 too and they still have August 19 as the estimated shipping date. From the first time I checked the book out on Amazon.com the official Amazon shipping/release date has been August 19. Same with Amazon.de, although Amazon.co.uk has had September 2.

Sovereign Court

Pre-ordering things from Amazon.com is usually a horrible idea if you want it anywhere close to the actual release date.

Help support your FLGS if you have one in your area and buy it through them. If hurry they might still have a copy! :)


I have the 24th shipping date as well

Sovereign Court

I cancelled my pre-order from Amazon UK on the 12th and ordered the book from Infinity Games instead.

It arrived yesterday.


Both amazon.com and barnesandnoble.com list August 19 as the release date. I'm guessing that there's something about how distribution works that causes these online retailers to get these books later than everyone else. Or perhaps Paizo has intentionally delayed the release date for these online stores so as not to pull sales away from game stores?


I ordered my on may 1st and the date has changed several times to Novemember the 12! Needless to say, I'm not happy.


Doodpants wrote:
Both amazon.com and barnesandnoble.com list August 19 as the release date. I'm guessing that there's something about how distribution works that causes these online retailers to get these books later than everyone else. Or perhaps Paizo has intentionally delayed the release date for these online stores so as not to pull sales away from game stores?

No, this hasn't got anything to do with Paizo delaying anything. It's apparently customary for Amazon to release new books on the following Wednesday after the actual release. Vic Wertz said something to that effect elsewhere.


GentleGiant wrote:
Doodpants wrote:
Both amazon.com and barnesandnoble.com list August 19 as the release date. I'm guessing that there's something about how distribution works that causes these online retailers to get these books later than everyone else. Or perhaps Paizo has intentionally delayed the release date for these online stores so as not to pull sales away from game stores?
No, this hasn't got anything to do with Paizo delaying anything. It's apparently customary for Amazon to release new books on the following Wednesday after the actual release. Vic Wertz said something to that effect elsewhere.

I could be proved wrong but I've been informed that Amazon.co.uk simply havent gotten any of the 2000 units they ordered. This is one of the many reasons I never use them, Amazon have never been upfront with me about anything. While its nice to have cheaper books it really does harm the FLGS, this time the FLGS has come through and I have my pathfinder while (as it appears) Amazon have still yet to dispatch them.

RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32

cpt_machine wrote:
GentleGiant wrote:
Doodpants wrote:
Both amazon.com and barnesandnoble.com list August 19 as the release date. I'm guessing that there's something about how distribution works that causes these online retailers to get these books later than everyone else. Or perhaps Paizo has intentionally delayed the release date for these online stores so as not to pull sales away from game stores?
No, this hasn't got anything to do with Paizo delaying anything. It's apparently customary for Amazon to release new books on the following Wednesday after the actual release. Vic Wertz said something to that effect elsewhere.
I could be proved wrong but I've been informed that Amazon.co.uk simply havent gotten any of the 2000 units they ordered. This is one of the many reasons I never use them, Amazon have never been upfront with me about anything. While its nice to have cheaper books it really does harm the FLGS, this time the FLGS has come through and I have my pathfinder while (as it appears) Amazon have still yet to dispatch them.

If that is true, that would be something for the Paizo people to look into.


I pre-ordered my book from Amazon, also, as I couldn't afford the $50 price of the Core Rulebook, and had received an Amazon gift card for my birthday, I pre-ordered from there, also. Their shipping date still shows August 19. If it does ship today, when will the website change the status of the order? Is there a normal time that they do that or what?


Phillip0614 wrote:
I pre-ordered my book from Amazon, also, as I couldn't afford the $50 price of the Core Rulebook, and had received an Amazon gift card for my birthday, I pre-ordered from there, also. Their shipping date still shows August 19. If it does ship today, when will the website change the status of the order? Is there a normal time that they do that or what?

I ordered mine @ end of June and mine is still listed for the 24th. I wonder if the difference has to do with shipping choices? I took the super saver route since the product was over $25.


Urizen wrote:
Phillip0614 wrote:
I pre-ordered my book from Amazon, also, as I couldn't afford the $50 price of the Core Rulebook, and had received an Amazon gift card for my birthday, I pre-ordered from there, also. Their shipping date still shows August 19. If it does ship today, when will the website change the status of the order? Is there a normal time that they do that or what?
I ordered mine @ end of June and mine is still listed for the 24th. I wonder if the difference has to do with shipping choices? I took the super saver route since the product was over $25.

Yeah, the difference is shipping, I'm pretty sure; I pre-ordered mine on June 14. Amazon says that the product releases today, and my delivery date is August 21, since I chose two-day shipping. If you went super-saver, that's probably why yours is gonna take a bit longer.


...And now Amazon's changed my delivery date from Friday to "We'll let you know." Blargh. Does Paizo offer gift cards? That's what I'm gonna ask for come b-day next year. :P


A series of unfortunate events, now with Technicolor!

  • I pre-ordered from Amazon.com May 14th, 2009. - $39.99 (FREE Shipping)
  • Estimated shipping Sept. 9th, 2009 (one month later).
  • Cancelled Amazon.com pre-order Aug. 11th, 2009.
  • Went to FLGS (Compleat Strategist, King of Prussia, PA) Aug. 13th, 2009. - $52.99 (after tax)
  • Happy gamer WITH Book in hand, Happy FLGS.


  • Pathfinder Companion, Maps Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
    Phillip0614 wrote:
    ...And now Amazon's changed my delivery date from Friday to "We'll let you know." Blargh. Does Paizo offer gift cards? That's what I'm gonna ask for come b-day next year. :P

    Yeah, that's why our preorder from Amazon is our second copy. It'll show up ... eventually.


    Joana wrote:
    Phillip0614 wrote:
    ...And now Amazon's changed my delivery date from Friday to "We'll let you know." Blargh. Does Paizo offer gift cards? That's what I'm gonna ask for come b-day next year. :P
    Yeah, that's why our preorder from Amazon is our second copy. It'll show up ... eventually.

    Yeah, after having my Beta delayed for an indeterminate amount of time I just ordered from Paizo. This time around I just ordered from Paizo direct and my second copy is coming from Amazon. Plus I love the PDF (Though the bestiary PDF is far more important to me).

    Oh, someone on chat (Vic I think) said Amazon got their order in late to their distributor.


    Gkar66 wrote:
    Anyone receive the book from Amazon yet? I preordered it months ago but no notice of it's mailing and at the website says delivery anticipated in mid-sept?

    I preordered mine on July 25th. According to the Amazon.ca website, my copy of the book shipped today. I should be getting it early next week. Yeah!

    BTW, I went to both of my not so local gaming stores in the hopes of scoring a copy. The first store had already run out of copies. The second was asking 60 $CDN for a copy. Compare that to Amazon (34.42 $CDN) and my choice of sticking with Amazon was clear. Even adding the PDF from Paizo, buying from them was cheaper.


    Phillip0614 wrote:
    ...And now Amazon's changed my delivery date from Friday to "We'll let you know." Blargh. Does Paizo offer gift cards? That's what I'm gonna ask for come b-day next year. :P

    After reading yours, I checked my Amazon account. [knock on wood] Still the 24th. [/knock on wood]


    Dennis da Ogre wrote:
    Joana wrote:
    Yeah, that's why our preorder from Amazon is our second copy. It'll show up ... eventually.

    Yeah, after having my Beta delayed for an indeterminate amount of time I just ordered from Paizo. This time around I just ordered from Paizo direct and my second copy is coming from Amazon. Plus I love the PDF (Though the bestiary PDF is far more important to me).

    Oh, someone on chat (Vic I think) said Amazon got their order in late to their distributor.

    I really hope they ship the darn thing tomorrow. I switched my shipping to one-day and my bestiary from Amazon to free shipping just to keep from eating too much of my gift card up on shipping costs. I'd rather have the core book fast than the bestiary; I can be patient for the latter. Besides, the group I'm running Second Darkness for runs only once a month or so, and this Saturday is supposed to be our next session...so I really really hope I get the book on Friday.


    I saw the name of the thread and thought it was about a new Amazon class.
    Nope.

    Dark Archive

    Shadow13.com wrote:

    I saw the name of the thread and thought it was about a new Amazon class.

    Nope.

    Thats ok I first thought it might be someone asking if their was a Amazon like location in Golarion.

    Paizo Employee Chief Technical Officer

    cpt_machine wrote:
    I could be proved wrong but I've been informed that Amazon.co.uk simply havent gotten any of the 2000 units they ordered. This is one of the many reasons I never use them, Amazon have never been upfront with me about anything. While its nice to have cheaper books it really does harm the FLGS, this time the FLGS has come through and I have my pathfinder while (as it appears) Amazon have still yet to dispatch them.

    We don't sell directly to Amazon, in the US or any other country—our book trade distribution is handled by Diamond Book Distributors. Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Borders, and a bunch of other chains and mom-and-pop bookshops buy from them. So we don't have any details for you on that front.

    I can tell you that we shipped every copy that Diamond ordered from us before our order deadline. And that was a lot of copies. However, some of the big guys did *not* get their orders in to Diamond on time, and Diamond has a lot of orders waiting for the second print run.


    Vic Wertz wrote:

    We don't sell directly to Amazon, in the US or any other country—our book trade distribution is handled by Diamond Book Distributors. Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Borders, and a bunch of other chains and mom-and-pop bookshops buy from them. So we don't have any details for you on that front.

    I can tell you that we shipped every copy that Diamond ordered from us before our order deadline. And that was a lot of copies. However, some of the big guys did *not* get their orders in to Diamond on time, and Diamond has a lot of orders waiting for the second print run.

    Well...that's what I get for ordering second-hand. Doggone it. And now I can't cancel my Amazon order to get it straight from Paizo, because the first run is already sold out. If it turns out Amazon dragged their feet on this and makes me wait another three months to get my book, I'll just take my pre-order business straight to the source instead of them from now on. Shoulda done that in the first place, doggone it. Does Paizo do gift certificates or anything like that? I'm asking for that for my birthday next year. Forget Amazon. :P

    Liberty's Edge

    Vic Wertz wrote:

    We don't sell directly to Amazon, in the US or any other country—our book trade distribution is handled by Diamond Book Distributors. Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Borders, and a bunch of other chains and mom-and-pop bookshops buy from them. So we don't have any details for you on that front.

    I can tell you that we shipped every copy that Diamond ordered from us before our order deadline. And that was a lot of copies. However, some of the big guys did *not* get their orders in to Diamond on time, and Diamond has a lot of orders waiting for the second print run.

    Diamond Distributors is pretty awful in and of itself... inefficient, disorganized and generally incompetent.


    I would be loath to advise pre-ordering from Amazon, i have done so in the past for a number of books (usually wargaming titles ) and always seen a message indicating a 2 week delay. the good news is this has only once been that 2 weeks, mostly they have actualy turned up within 7 days, however the 2 week delay was the most recent.

    hope this helps reassure those of you waiting paitently.

    I may well order through amazon but not for a few weeks due to holiday expenses

    Regards
    Ben

    Dark Archive

    Lesson learned on my part. Should have ordered it from my local game store or the paizo subscription service and took the $19 hit in return for decent customer service. This is the last time I ever pre-order anything from amazon.

    Hello from Amazon.com.

    We're still trying to obtain the following item[s] you ordered on July 25 2009 (Order# xxx).

    Jason Bulmahn "Pathfinder Roleplaying Game: Core Rulebook"
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1601251505

    Still want it? We'll keep on trying. To keep your order for this item open, please click the link below. Otherwise, we'll cancel your order on September 19 2009, if we haven't located it by then.

    http://www.amazon.com/gp/css/order/edit.html?ie=UTF8&useCase=approve&am p;orderID=xxx

    You'll still be able to cancel at any time before we ship it. If you want to cancel the item now, please click the link below:

    http://www.amazon.com/gp/css/summary/edit.html/?ie=UTF8&useCase=cancel& amp;orderID=xxx

    If there are other items in your order, they'll be shipped according to the delivery estimates listed in the order details in "Your Account" (www.amazon.com/your-account).

    By approving the new delivery estimate, you are letting us know that you still want the item(s) though they may arrive later than expected. If there are other items in your order, they will ship according to the delivery estimates listed in the order details in "Your Account" (http://www.amazon.com/your-account).

    We apologize for the inconvenience caused by this delay.

    *****
    WHY WAS MY ORDER DELAYED?
    While we do our best to adhere to our delivery estimates, our inventory is constantly changing based on information we receive directly from our suppliers. Occasionally, unexpected fluctuations in supply, delays during shipping, or changes in release dates for new products will add time to our original delivery estimate.


    This is not good. I pre-ordered from Amazon and got an August 29th date that changed to a 24-26 date. It still has not shipped. I emailed them and received a prmpt answer yesterday sayig they would ship it today and that I would receive an email notice. I got a notice just like the one above. It has not shipped and they ave no idea when and if it ever will. Gotta run.....off to call my FLGS...


    philip mcmahon wrote:


    Hello from Amazon.com...

    And hello pdf!

    Yep, I received the same email.
    Looks like my birthday present will turn into a Christmas present...

    Hagor


    Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
    philip mcmahon wrote:

    Lesson learned on my part. Should have ordered it from my local game store or the paizo subscription service and took the $19 hit in return for decent customer service. This is the last time I ever pre-order anything from amazon.

    Hello from Amazon.com.

    We're still trying to obtain the following item[s] you ordered on July 25 2009 (Order# xxx).

    Jason Bulmahn "Pathfinder Roleplaying Game: Core Rulebook"
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1601251505

    Still want it? We'll keep on trying. To keep your order for this item open, please click the link below. Otherwise, we'll cancel your order on September 19 2009, if we haven't located it by then.

    ...

    Argh, if I get that email from Amazon as well, no more pre-orders for them from me or my wife. As it stands, I may never pre-order from them anyway for the above disgusting customer service.

    I had a gift card as well which is how I financed my book purchase. Didn't have a local store either until two weeks ago (just moved).
    At least I have the pdf...


    Add another one to the "got the email" column. I'm disappointed with Amazon, quite disappointed; I normally get exemplary service from them. I guess it's time to start looking around for a copy elsewhere.


    Add another Amazon email to the list. My ship date was 19th, arrival date 21st (prime member). I place my order in mid February.

    Dark Archive

    Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure, Companion, Lost Omens, Rulebook Subscriber

    I gave up on buying RPG books from Amazon about three years before the death of 3.5. They're just pathetic on books in general... which is pretty darn ironic if you know the history of the site, and the origin of its name.


    So...is Paizo sold out? I dont see that posted here anywhere. If I order on here will it be in the November reprint?

    The Exchange

    Pathfinder Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Rulebook Subscriber
    Snoring Rock wrote:
    So...is Paizo sold out? I dont see that posted here anywhere. If I order on here will it be in the November reprint?

    The first print run has sold out from Paizo (minus the leftovers from GenCon Indy), the distributors are still...distributing it, local game stores may have it right now but won't be getting another drop from the first printing.


    Pathfinder Companion, Maps Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
    Snoring Rock wrote:
    So...is Paizo sold out? I dont see that posted here anywhere. If I order on here will it be in the November reprint?

    I think they said as long as you still get the "add to cart" button in the store, they still have copies. When they run out, the page will change to "backordered" or the like.

    Sovereign Court

    There's another batch headed into the US toward the end of the month, I think; Paizo may be taking orders against that, given that their warehouse move will push stuff back anyhow. That batch is for hobby trade, which I guess includes Paizo's own web store.


    Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
    Synchronicity wrote:
    Add another Amazon email to the list. My ship date was 19th, arrival date 21st (prime member). I place my order in mid February.

    And another...They just told me it wouldn't be released until the 2nd of September. Disgusting since I pre-ordered in May (not as early as you but you would think that was early enough...)


    Got one as well. Lucky for me this was just a second copy and I'd also ordered one from Paizo.
    At this point I'm wondering if I should hold off for a second printing hopefully with the errata fixied. Any word if this will be the case on a second printing?

    Dark Archive

    Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure, Companion, Lost Omens, Rulebook Subscriber
    GrayPumpkin wrote:

    Got one as well. Lucky for me this was just a second copy and I'd also ordered one from Paizo.

    At this point I'm wondering if I should hold off for a second printing hopefully with the errata fixied. Any word if this will be the case on a second printing?

    I'd doubt it. They thought this first printing was going to last them through the end of '09, so the second printing is probably a rush job, ie little or no time for fixes and edits. (Maybe the stuff they caught for the v1.0 of the errata, but I would doubt it.) That just means the PDF and the PRD will be the only versions with the errata built in.

    Third printing, though...


    We ordered from Amazon in early August with 2nd day shipping. The arrival date was set for tomorrow: 8/21. No change this morning so we sent an e-mail to Amazon for a status update. They replied that they are still waiting on their shipment from their distributer.

    Canceled the order and have located a single copy each at two different FLGSs. They are holding and I will pick up both tonight.

    Lesson Learned.


    It might not be the best solution, but I think I'll be waiting things out with Amazon. I don't have alot of spare cash at the moment, so getting a cheaper option at amazon really will help me out, even if it does mean a wait.

    Besides, last I checked, I'd be paying twice the price if I ordered from here or most other retailers, since the shipping'll cost just as much as the book.


    Just got a new email from Amazon. Revised date for arrival: August 27-8. Original order date for me was August 6 (I admit, I was lazy and got distracted. Grad school does that.). Let's see how long this holds.

    1 to 50 of 138 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>
    Community / Forums / Pathfinder / Pathfinder First Edition / General Discussion / Amazon? All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.