100 Other Character Traits


Off-Topic Discussions

The Exchange

1. Likes Cats - Often seen wearing a Live cat as a hat tied down with twine.
2. Avid lover of Milk - Often seen licking the whitewash off walls of buildings.
3. Bathes frequently - often seen in the Water trough.
4. Suspicious - Doesnt drink Alcoholic beverages of any kind.


yellowdingo wrote:

1. Likes Cats - Often seen wearing a Live cat as a hat tied down with twine.

2. Avid lover of Milk - Often seen licking the whitewash off walls of buildings.
3. Bathes frequently - often seen in the Water trough.
4. Suspicious - Doesnt drink Alcoholic beverages of any kind.

Oh, why certainly! I love this sort of thing, have written this sort of thing in the past... and will add to it!


1 person marked this as a favorite.

5. Grandiose- Believes that they are destined for greatness, through some self-created/imagined/delusional theory that draws a bit on the divine, a smidgeon on some questionable distant bloodline to royalty, and some half baked connection to a fallen hero.

6. Posessive- Takes a liking to another party member or reoccuring NPC and becomes quite the jealous type. May or may not have an actual romantic relationship with this individual.

7. Raw Tastes- Has a particular fondness for very undercooked to raw meat, particularly one category or variety of meat (such as raw steak or most all red meats). Gets a craving for this often, despite having become sick from consumption on more than one ocassion.

The Exchange

8. Sociable - Talks when drunk, is frequently found to be so.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

9. Boorish- The kind that has to build their selves up and rattle on and on in an attempt to impress. Desperate yet in an arrogant sort of way. A gentlemen (or lady) loser that is rather full of their own selves.

10. Chain Pipe Smoker- Has burn marks on their fingers and a discolored pipe from allowing the vessel to get too hot from frequent, repeated smoking. Will smoke the cheapest weed or blend available to keep habit going.Goes through a new pipe in a matter of a few weeks where most might make such a smoking vessel last for several months, if not years.

11. Herbal Tea Fanatic- Always steeping and brewing something found by the trail sides. Most herbal shops fear the character's arrival as the individual has been known to browse (and if allowed, sample) for hours on end before making a purchase. Has poisoned their self accidently before while brewing up the leaves, flowerheads, and/or berries of an incorrectly identified plant.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

12. Annoying Laughter/Giggle- Has an extremely annoying laughter or giggling sound... which wouldn't be so much of a problem except for the fact that the individual laughs at nearly everything, including things that aren't really funny.

13. Vain Around Mirrors- Has an obsession with checking out one's hair, face, smile, and/or general appearance whenever the individual comes into immediate contact with a mirror or suitable reflective surface (such as a body of water).


1 person marked this as a favorite.

14. Paranoid About Rocks- Was picked on as a child and had rocks and pebbles thrown at them by bullies frequently. One such rock hit the individual in the forehead, causing a serious wound and leaving a nasty scare. As a result of the experience, the individual feels uncomfortable and paranoid whenever anyone picks up a rock or pebble for any given reason. If attacked with a rock the individual becomes particularly aggressive and determined in their defense/response to the rock weilding/hurling attacker.


15. Idiot's Curiosity- Often leans a bit too far over wells wondering just how far down it is and curious to know what it would be like to be stuck at the bottom of the well. Sometimes walks into fields of cows to see if a bull will become aggressive. Has been known to toss a mug of brew at an exceptionally muscle bound stranger's head in a bar just to see if they are sober enough still figure out who threw the drink... also curious to see if the stranger is sober enough to fight. Stands in front of a mirror and repeats forbidden phrases just to see what might actually happen....

16. Monstrous Diplomacy- Has a certain diplomatic liking for the most unlikely of creatures... manticores, otyughs, etc. Will try to befriend them and offer them a cozy lair once the character establishes a stronghold.

The Exchange

17. Avid Reader - frequently takes pages from books into outhouse.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

18. Relentless Comic- Will place a chamberpot on one's head, even a half full one, if it generates a laugh.

19. No Sense Of Tact- Has no sense of proper social behavior. Been known to use the fur of the wizard's feline familiar to wipe dirty hands on and has no qualms about pinching the bottoms of passing attractive nobles if the thought hits them.


yellowdingo wrote:
17. Avid Reader - frequently takes pages from books into outhouse.

On an off note, any way I could interest you in grabbing a free copy of one of Mossy Mountain Gathering's products in the downloads section (of this site) and perhaps giving us a review... good or bad? I would offer you something for free in exchange but seeing how all of our pdfs so far are free its kinda hard for me to make that offer any more tempting than it already is...


1 person marked this as a favorite.

20. All Around Filthy- Unkempt and uncouth. Words out of one's mouth are as dirty as the character's unwashed tunic. Foul mouth and horrid body odor.

21. Intentionally Hateful- Has some mysterious chip on their shoulder and out to be enemies with the world. Hateful in behavior for no real given reason.

22. Picks Nose- Picks nose constantly. Also digs in ear, picks teeth, scratches bottom, and tends to use the same hand to do all of the above.


23. Carries Dice Constantly- Carries dice in one's pocket constantly. If asked about this curious habit the character merely states that if one can keep random in their pocket then one can maintain some personal control over the random chaos of life.

24. Paranoid Of Fortune Tellers- Paranoid about any sort of fortune reading. Fears what may become and is nervous even when someone else's fortune is being read.

25. Shrewd With Coins- Will not let so much as a single copper leave one's possession without good reason.

RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32

You know, when I saw this thread title, I completely misjudged what this was about.

("Trait" now has a more specific meaning to Pathfinder players. :P)

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber

Well, so far I've played 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 11, 12, 13, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 and 25.

I've also played:

26.Racist/Bigot - In the D&D sense of the word, my character was an elf who believed other races were largely made up of uneducated, clumsy barbarians who needed to be subjugated and made better by being forced to live according to the culture of elves.

27.Single-minded - Played a warforged duskblade who was so single-minded he'd ignore the dying cries of his party members if he was busy with research.

28.Heartless - same character had no pity for anyone.

29.Mania - Klepto, Pyro and Eroto

30.Vindictive - had a courtier character who demanded vengeance for even the slightest insult, real or imagined.

31.Sadistic - same character sort of got off on inflicting pain on others.

32.Lecherous - same character

33.Dishonest - same character

34.Manipulative - same character, basically I played this guy to be the worst kind of slimy politician/business owner and a...

33.Cross-dresser - The other characters thought my courtier was female.

34.Devoted - Finally a trait that isn't terrible! Had a bard who sent his wife love songs, poems and the biggest gems he could find. He never once cheated on her in all of his adventures and made sure to spend extra time with the kids whenever he was home. Only in a fantasy world could this happen.

35.Calm - Played an old dwarf ranger who couldn't be rattled by anything. He'd seen and done so much in life nothing surprised him or ever made him upset. Guy was a rock.

36.Downer - Had a hexblade who expected the worst from every situation and made this abundantly clear to everyone within earshot. He was certain he'd be the last party member to die just so he would have to suffer through another day with the added grief of missing his friends.

I could keep going, but I'm gonna wait to see what else you guys come up with.

The Exchange

Velcro Zipper wrote:

Well, so far I've played 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 11, 12, 13, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 and 25.

I've also played:

26.Racist/Bigot - In the D&D sense of the word, my character was an elf who believed other races were largely made up of uneducated, clumsy barbarians who needed to be subjugated and made better by being forced to live according to the culture of elves.

27.Single-minded - Played a warforged duskblade who was so single-minded he'd ignore the dying cries of his party members if he was busy with research.

28.Heartless - same character had no pity for anyone.

29.Mania - Klepto, Pyro and Eroto

30.Vindictive - had a courtier character who demanded vengeance for even the slightest insult, real or imagined.

31.Sadistic - same character sort of got off on inflicting pain on others.

32.Lecherous - same character

33.Dishonest - same character

34.Manipulative - same character, basically I played this guy to be the worst kind of slimy politician/business owner and a...

33.Cross-dresser - The other characters thought my courtier was female.

34.Devoted - Finally a trait that isn't terrible! Had a bard who sent his wife love songs, poems and the biggest gems he could find. He never once cheated on her in all of his adventures and made sure to spend extra time with the kids whenever he was home. Only in a fantasy world could this happen.

35.Calm - Played an old dwarf ranger who couldn't be rattled by anything. He'd seen and done so much in life nothing surprised him or ever made him upset. Guy was a rock.

36.Downer - Had a hexblade who expected the worst from every situation and made this abundantly clear to everyone within earshot. He was certain he'd be the last party member to die just so he would have to suffer through another day with the added grief of missing his friends.

I could keep going, but I'm gonna wait to see what else you guys come up with.

Idea is to give them something fun...

37. Fond of small animals - Keeps a weasle in trowsers.
38. Enjoys the rural sights - Frequently steals Livestock.
39. Collector of Insects - Has flees and ticks.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

40. Timid Romantic- Though bold and brave in combat, the character becomes extremely nervous and timid around members of potential romantic interest.

41. Minstrel Hobbyist- The character has some rudimentary ability in singing and/or playing an instrument. The individual cherishes this hobby and often wishes to play and/or sing in front of others but is not quite as talented as most bards and profession minstrels.

42. Vegetarian- The character has sworn off meat. It is likewise possible that the character does not eat milk or egg products either.

43. Nail Biter- The character has a bad habit of biting their nails, particularly if nervous.

44. Rabid Furniture Collector- The character has a heavy interest in furniture and accessories. When raiding old manors, towers, and such, it is likely that the character will come across a particular chair, tapestry, rug, canopy style bed frame, etc. that they "Simply Must Have!" It doesn't matter how heavy the item is, worth in valuable coinage to the party, or difficult to cart back to home...or even if the character has a home to keep such an item in.... the character simply must have it. And if its in weathered shape then that's something else to spend gold on... the local woodworker can be paid to have it restored (or the character might actually want to delay the next track into the dungeons so they can restore the item their own selves).

...had to quickly re-edit.... just noticed you added a few (yellow dingo)


45. Philia- wether it be dendro, necro, hemo, or group made necrodendro, or any other fondness, or love of.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

46. Cynical- Refuses to look at the good side of things or see anything as particularly surprising. Always ready to make a rebuttal disregarding the silver lining of any situation.

47. Sarcastic/Smart Alec- Always has a rude remark, arrogant in a subtle (or not so subtle way).

48. Fashion Slave- A victim of the latest fashion trends in the realms. Always on the look out for what's making its way through the noble courts and the nicer marketplaces in regards to silks, velvets, and splendid attire. Will cling on to almost any worthy amount of jewelry, no matter how much the character needs to invest in gear. Will often complain about ruining their best doublet in the course of battle.


49. Social Radical- Always willing to take up the sword for the causes of the socially downtrodden (or those that are seen correctly (or incorrectly) as being the socially downtrodden). Sometimes a bit overly hyper about one's devotion to a particular cause or another.

The Exchange

50. Music Critic - Known to smash musical instruments over the instrumentalist's head.

The Exchange

hallucitor wrote:
yellowdingo wrote:
17. Avid Reader - frequently takes pages from books into outhouse.
On an off note, any way I could interest you in grabbing a free copy of one of Mossy Mountain Gathering's products in the downloads section (of this site) and perhaps giving us a review... good or bad? I would offer you something for free in exchange but seeing how all of our pdfs so far are free its kinda hard for me to make that offer any more tempting than it already is...

"Family Lineages-Human Villagers Though restrictive in its field of coverage being oriented toward a generic 'western' culture, it is a genuine (though inexperienced) attempt at developing a guide to generating Family trees (in this case human) in a Roleplaying Game that is dependent on Creative Participants." - yellowdingo

The Exchange

51. Supports the Church - gives more than one coin at collection.
52. Religious Fundamentalist - constantly purchasing the fingerbones of obscure saints. Has a collection of Holy Relics.


yellowdingo wrote:
hallucitor wrote:
yellowdingo wrote:
17. Avid Reader - frequently takes pages from books into outhouse.
On an off note, any way I could interest you in grabbing a free copy of one of Mossy Mountain Gathering's products in the downloads section (of this site) and perhaps giving us a review... good or bad? I would offer you something for free in exchange but seeing how all of our pdfs so far are free its kinda hard for me to make that offer any more tempting than it already is...

"Family Lineages-Human Villagers Though restrictive in its field of coverage being oriented toward a generic 'western' culture, it is a genuine (though inexperienced) attempt at developing a guide to generating Family trees (in this case human) in a Roleplaying Game that is dependent on Creative Participants." - yellowdingo

Thanks for the feedback! :)

The Exchange

hallucitor wrote:
yellowdingo wrote:
hallucitor wrote:
yellowdingo wrote:
17. Avid Reader - frequently takes pages from books into outhouse.
On an off note, any way I could interest you in grabbing a free copy of one of Mossy Mountain Gathering's products in the downloads section (of this site) and perhaps giving us a review... good or bad? I would offer you something for free in exchange but seeing how all of our pdfs so far are free its kinda hard for me to make that offer any more tempting than it already is...

"Family Lineages-Human Villagers Though restrictive in its field of coverage being oriented toward a generic 'western' culture, it is a genuine (though inexperienced) attempt at developing a guide to generating Family trees (in this case human) in a Roleplaying Game that is dependent on Creative Participants." - yellowdingo

Thanks for the feedback! :)

Sent an email off to the suggested feedback woodrumworks@yahoo.com

I've put in reviews for all three items.


yellowdingo wrote:


Sent an email off to the suggested feedback woodrumworks@yahoo.com

I've put in reviews for all three items.

Thanks for your input!

Deborah
MMG

The Exchange

tulip wrote:
yellowdingo wrote:


Sent an email off to the suggested feedback woodrumworks@yahoo.com

I've put in reviews for all three items.

Thanks for your input!

Deborah
MMG

I hope it wasnt too soul crushing...


yellowdingo wrote:


I hope it wasnt too soul crushing...

*sniff-sniff* no, I'm fine...really

The Exchange

tulip wrote:
yellowdingo wrote:


I hope it wasnt too soul crushing...
*sniff-sniff* no, I'm fine...really

Throws you to Kobolds..."You will get better."

53. Addict - sniffs crushed beetle dung.
54. Poet - keeps failing at other sources of employment.
55. Kobolt - Destroys the good luck of others when within fifty feet.

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber
yellowdingo wrote:
Idea is to give them something fun

I had fun with those traits.

If the idea is just to come up with something wacky, I misconstrued the intent of the thread. Alot of the traits before mine are pretty common so I figured anything was fair game.

Howabout...

56.Fashionista - the character can never be seen in the same outfit or suit of armor and feels they must always be on top of the latest styles going so far as to disdain all clothing and armor should they ever fall out of fashion.

Am I doing it right?

Did that come off as a little sarcastic? Didn't mean to, but it gives me an idea for...

57.Instigator - the character takes great joy and satisfaction from starting fights and arguments and seeks to be around conflict as much as possible. The character will start fights between other people and creatures just to be able to stand back and watch.

The Exchange

58. Compulsive Taster - licks moss on walls, eats dung, drinks anything fluid.

Liberty's Edge

59. Coward -Easily frightened and intimidated. Avoids melee combat unless the odds are in his favour.
60. Hobby -Has an unlikely hobby for an adventurer. Gardening, fine art, preserve making etc..

The Exchange

61. Fur Fetish - Often uses small furry creatures to wipe bottom.


yellowdingo wrote:

Throws you to Kobolds..."You will get better."

You're such a sweetheart....

Are you married?

The Exchange

tulip wrote:
yellowdingo wrote:

Throws you to Kobolds..."You will get better."

You're such a sweetheart....

Are you married?

No...6'4", Poet, Unemployed (between careers of being a Poet and being a Novelist), IQ214+, undesirable features: hogs bed, goes without sleep for 48 hour cycles and then gets 3-4 hours sleep in between, Cooks (My Mashed Potatoes are great - its my gravy that sucks), Overly ethical, easily bored- wont hear a thing you say (I must be suffering from vampirism...that looks like a tasty neck).

Where was i? Ah yes:

62. Party Animal - Has Fangs and Likes to bite.
63. Historian - Keeps refering to things in a historical context.

The Exchange

64. Obsessed with teeth - keeps removing them from other peoples heads and stores them in a box.


65. Obsessive-Compulsive - feels the need to keep weapons clean, books tidy and neatly written, arrows sharp and identical, etc.

The Exchange

66. Mathematician - keeps counting the number of steps taken while walking and joting them down in a notebook.


67. Reads "B" rated novellas. Cheap stuff, with bad plots and simplistic characters.

The Exchange

68. Extreeme Sports - Often throws Darts at moving targets, repercussions be damned.

Liberty's Edge

Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber

69.Anachronism Enthusiast - What the hell is a pogo stick and where the hell did that cleric get one?

70.Fourth Wall-breaker - The character frequently speaks to an audience of what he calls "gamers" making snarky remarks he thinks nobody else can hear. He seems to loathe one of these gamers in particular frequently chiding the creature for putting him into precarious situations.

The Exchange

71. LIBERATOR OF THE OPPRESSED - Constantly criticising the lot of the downtrodden Peasants and inciting uprisings. Usially when no authority figures are about.


72. Fey Poacher- can be easily tricked into playing "catch the fairy"

The Exchange

removed - Letcher already covered.

Shadow Lodge

yellowdingo wrote:
58. Compulsive Taster - licks moss on walls.

The snozzberries taste like snozzberries!


73. Tiny toes- You have eensy-weensy toes. Others may mock you relentlessly heretofore.

74. Gum Shoes- You always seem to have gum on your shoes.

75. Compulsive Rounder Upper- You must round things up to the nearest number divisible by either 5 or 3, but never both.

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.

76. Connoissur of Haberdashery - has a collection of stolen undergarments (pantaloons, tights, Garters, ect.) Likes the feel of the material.

The Exchange

77. Gobelin - Likes to hide behind cloth and scare people.
78. Puritanical - Firebombs Taverns, Inns, and any place else that produces Alcoholic beverages.

Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Off-Topic Discussions / 100 Other Character Traits All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.