What would you like to see Paizo make?


Lost Omens Campaign Setting General Discussion

251 to 278 of 278 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>

Heathansson wrote:
S. Viconia wrote:

I think I would truly love to see a book dedicated to Spelljammer-esque adventuring.

I know that there is the website that has the 3.x conversions on it and all that, but with Pathfinder having planets in its system, I'd like to see the Pathfinder Spelljammer.

Of course, I'm sure they can't do it, because Spelljammer isn't open, but something could be figured out.

Hell yeah!!!

+1

(probably not high on priority, and paizo needs to make sure that they don´t split Golarion in too many settings/campaign themes - we all know what this did to TSR.)

Sovereign Court

Heathansson wrote:
S. Viconia wrote:

I think I would truly love to see a book dedicated to Spelljammer-esque adventuring.

I know that there is the website that has the 3.x conversions on it and all that, but with Pathfinder having planets in its system, I'd like to see the Pathfinder Spelljammer.

Of course, I'm sure they can't do it, because Spelljammer isn't open, but something could be figured out.

Hell yeah!!!

Magicmarmalader?

Arcanepreserver?

<cringes at self>

The Exchange

I'll repeat what I have said long ago. An Adventure Path Cookbook. I would love to see their formulas and ideas and thoughts on the subject. I would also like to see the "making of" one of their adventure paths.


Calixymenthillian wrote:
I'd LOVE to see some Golarion novels.

Since there have been hints that Golarion novels are already in the works, I'd like to add my hope that some of these novels are written with Golarion noobs in mind. I'm hoping for novels that don't assume the reader knows anything about Golarion, and might even include some explanations about some aspects of that world. Something that will make me say "Wow! Golarion is a fascinating place! I have to get some more Pathfinder material!" Just like the Dragonlance Chronicles hooked me onto Krynn, in ways that gaming materials alone couldn't do. And I don't think Golarion experts would mind a little explanation they don't need.

(I could, of course, check out fan fiction on the internet. Maybe I will, when I get the time. Maybe someone knows of a site with a story good for newbies. But somehow, there's something different about a professionally produced novel.)


A book/pdf on basic story/adventure design. The DMG tells you how to make an adventure, but doesn't tell you much more than that.

Plot, conflict, intrigue, archetypes, etc. Give us the basics on what storywriting is and then put it into a DM's perspective.

I think it would be a great service to the community in general. Make it generic enough to work for any game system, but include PRPG as a guideline.

Additionally, if they're reading this still, could you reference some books that do this? : )


Pathfinder Companion Subscriber

I don't think these were mentionned here yet but they kept comming up:

Condition/Status Cards

I still use the Community-Created ones I got on the boards but an official PFRPG Deck would be very cool!

Grand Lodge

Slime wrote:

I don't think these were mentionned here yet but they kept comming up:

Condition/Status Cards

I still use the Community-Created ones I got on the boards but an official PFRPG Deck would be very cool!

The fine folks of Penny Arcade made up for themselves stickers with status conditions, I think they got them printed custom with wussy adhesive, so you could just peep off a "blind" sticker from a sheet of them and stick it on the fig who is blinded.

I think it was an awesome way to go, and could totally be done commercially


I'd love to see a Golarion globe, personally.

Grand Lodge

Galnörag wrote:
Slime wrote:

I don't think these were mentionned here yet but they kept comming up:

Condition/Status Cards

I still use the Community-Created ones I got on the boards but an official PFRPG Deck would be very cool!

The fine folks of Penny Arcade made up for themselves stickers with status conditions, I think they got them printed custom with wussy adhesive, so you could just peep off a "blind" sticker from a sheet of them and stick it on the fig who is blinded.

I think it was an awesome way to go, and could totally be done commercially

A second thought, and third as well

1. This is a great model because you get to keep selling them as they are used up.
2. Sell the PDF as well, designed to work with commercially available label paper so people can print there own. Less reoccurring billing, but kind to us canucks who hate shipping costs


Karelzarath wrote:
I'd love to see a Golarion globe, personally.

I'm going out on a limb and guessing they don't yet have the rest of the world detailed to that extent, but that is still an interesting, unusual idea.


You know what I would like to see Paizo make?

A Zombie Apocalypse Module, or adventure path. Age of Worms was sort of, but it was more Undead and less survival horror.

Right now I am creating one from the Resident Evil D20 that Zeta Kai is developing on GitP. But one set in golarion would be pretty cool too.

Just imagining a city-state decimated by some vile plague after investigating a Runelord of Gluttony monument a bit too close for their own good. A group of adventurers stuck in the middle of it and trying desperately to escape, or survive and stop the spread of this terrible disease.


Zohar wrote:

You know what I would like to see Paizo make?

A Zombie Apocalypse Module, or adventure path. Age of Worms was sort of, but it was more Undead and less survival horror.

Right now I am creating one from the Resident Evil D20 that Zeta Kai is developing on GitP. But one set in golarion would be pretty cool too.

Just imagining a city-state decimated by some vile plague after investigating a Runelord of Gluttony monument a bit too close for their own good. A group of adventurers stuck in the middle of it and trying desperately to escape, or survive and stop the spread of this terrible disease.

Aberzombie as a BBEG part-way through perhaps?

I do like this concept though. :)

Liberty's Edge

Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Companion, Lost Omens, Pathfinder Accessories, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

What I would like is a book of stock NPCs that I can use to speed up my prep time. Not a book on personalities, really, just a book that includes commonly used NPCs that appear as adversaries for all the common hummanoid races, and at a variety of CRs.

Thieves, Brigands, Guards, Street Boss, Orc Warriors, Goblin Archers, Old Witches, demon summoners...

Basically all the math / equipment done up for you quickly and easily, with accompanying art. I know its something I can do myself without too much effort, but it definably represents one of the largest time expenditures I have before each session.

Liberty's Edge

Perram wrote:

What I would like is a book of stock NPCs that I can use to speed up my prep time. Not a book on personalities, really, just a book that includes commonly used NPCs that appear as adversaries for all the common hummanoid races, and at a variety of CRs.

Thieves, Brigands, Guards, Street Boss, Orc Warriors, Goblin Archers, Old Witches, demon summoners...

Basically all the math / equipment done up for you quickly and easily, with accompanying art. I know its something I can do myself without too much effort, but it definably represents one of the largest time expenditures I have before each session.

You mean like THIS? :D

Liberty's Edge

Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Companion, Lost Omens, Pathfinder Accessories, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
mattdroz wrote:
Perram wrote:

What I would like is a book of stock NPCs that I can use to speed up my prep time. Not a book on personalities, really, just a book that includes commonly used NPCs that appear as adversaries for all the common hummanoid races, and at a variety of CRs.

Thieves, Brigands, Guards, Street Boss, Orc Warriors, Goblin Archers, Old Witches, demon summoners...

Basically all the math / equipment done up for you quickly and easily, with accompanying art. I know its something I can do myself without too much effort, but it definably represents one of the largest time expenditures I have before each session.

You mean like THIS? :D

Oh man, I was already drooling over that book, now even more so! *Hugs Paizo!*


My purely selfish wish list

1.) Irrisen/Land of Linnorm Kings AP with some Baba Yaga related adventure before or at the conclusion.

2.) The Magesmith class (from the Pathfinder RuneLords Players Guide)... Or at least some kind of Golarion Campaign setting crafting class

3.) (Stolen from Montalve) Ustalve AP.. with Lovecraftian undertones. It doesn't need literal Call of Cthulhu monsters (though some are fine), but rather I am emphasizing thematic elements. In the Mouth of Madness by John Carpenter, and the short story Jerusalem's Lot by Stephen King (related to but distinct from the novel Salem's Lot), are both fine example where Lovecraft has inspired by the end product leaned toward original instead of revised.

The Exchange

I'd like to see Paizo do a campaign setting or even a source book that has something to do with Dragons and Lances. Maybe they could hire weis and hickman to work on it, I hear they have some experience with both of those.


I don't know if this has already been posted in this thread, but here goes:

For a few years, Dragon magazine used to do an annual issue that had a collection of monsters, spells, equipment, weapons, armour, etc.

Using that idea as a base, what I would like to see is a Pathfinder Annual. It would feature all the monsters, spells, magic items, feats, skills, etc. featured in the preceding year's adventure paths.

Instead of having to search through the various AP issues, everything would be collected in a single reference book for that year. Sort of a mini splatbook - call it a dripbook

The dripbook should be small enough to keep the price down, but contain enough information to make it a worthwhile investment.

Also, folks who don't subscribe to the adventure paths can still pick up the dripbook and enjoy the critters and doo-dads. Since they can't order the combo, maybe they'll order a la carte?


M. Balmer wrote:

I don't know if this has already been posted in this thread, but here goes:

For a few years, Dragon magazine used to do an annual issue that had a collection of monsters, spells, equipment, weapons, armour, etc.

Using that idea as a base, what I would like to see is a Pathfinder Annual. It would feature all the monsters, spells, magic items, feats, skills, etc. featured in the preceding year's adventure paths.

Instead of having to search through the various AP issues, everything would be collected in a single reference book for that year. Sort of a mini splatbook - call it a dripbook

The dripbook should be small enough to keep the price down, but contain enough information to make it a worthwhile investment.

Also, folks who don't subscribe to the adventure paths can still pick up the dripbook and enjoy the critters and doo-dads. Since they can't order the combo, maybe they'll order a la carte?

Start w/ Rise of the Runelords + Curse of the Crimson Throne, updating everything to PFRPG, and you've got a winner. It would be good to get all that stuff in 1 volume; whether it's every 2 adventure paths or even more. It'd keep the price down and be a great reference material.


Zohar wrote:
I would like to see an adventure path or a set of modules set in a mega-dungeon setting. A full throtle dungeon delve from level 1 to 15.

I second this, something big and epic like temple of elemental evil, in a box set if possible. Something that gets as big an nasty as Castle Maure you did in Dungeon a few years back, I loved that.


I guess, due to the open gaming license, this wouldn't necessarily have to involve Paizo (Bethesda could do this of their own accord), but an official set of Pathfinder-compatible Elder Scrolls supplements (a campaign/players guide book, spellbook, massive bestiary, etc.) for playing in that setting would be a dream come true.

Liberty's Edge

S. Viconia wrote:

I think I would truly love to see a book dedicated to Spelljammer-esque adventuring.

I know that there is the website that has the 3.x conversions on it and all that, but with Pathfinder having planets in its system, I'd like to see the Pathfinder Spelljammer.

Of course, I'm sure they can't do it, because Spelljammer isn't open, but something could be figured out.

If Paizo put out a book that detailed more about Golarion's stellar neighbors and methods of getting around I'd likely have a heart attack from all the excitement.

I also have to admit that I'd love to see a set of spell description flashcards, for as much as I loathe 4th edition the power cards are a wonderful idea and similar cards for spells would make it quite a bit easier for new players to understand spells and such (we have a couple new people in our group and reading through the spell list is more than a bit daunting for them), it would also make it much easier for eternally lazy individuals such as my self to simply sort through a flashcard or two than wander through the book.

The Exchange

-Psionics
-Moons of Golarion

and a book about Vudra, bringing Indian flair into my fantasy world.

Apart from that Paizo seems to fulfil my wishes before I can even articulate them.

Sovereign Court

hogarth wrote:
Crimson Jester wrote:

online articles such as:

Rules of the game - where explinations of PRPG rules are explained (although hopefully many explinations wont be needed)
Class acts article much liek what was in Dragons of the past.
Campaign Workbook articles designed with the PFRPG in mind.

I'd even settle for a part of the web site indexing the on-line content they've already provided (so that I don't have to go crawling through months of blog posts by hand or relying on the somewhat shaky "Search" function).

They could also put a FAQ in there. That would be awesome ("When is the Rise of the Runelords hardcover collection coming out?").

I"ll second this one! I have a friend who can't get ahold of the Rise of the Runelords books, he borrowed mine to run a Star Wars campaign he converted off of Rise of the Runelords. :) I'm sure it'd sell. Heck, I own the originals and I'd probably buy it!

The Exchange

I'd like to see an updated Golarian Campaign Setting.


nightflier wrote:


Pathfinder Planets - some kind of sword and planet setting, remminescent of Barsoom, Dark Sun and S. M. Stirling novels.

I liked all of nightflier's ideas, but this one stood out: Something Spelljammer-esque for high-level characters who need to "blow this popsicle stand," and find challenges in very alien environments where things don't work the same way as they did in the "comfort" of Golarion.

Spelljammer was an evocative idea, but it went kinda wonky back in 2e. A fresh start on some interplanetary adventures with more sensible rules and truly deadly encounters would be a lot of fun.


The Pathfinder Grimoire.

Snipped from another thread:

Spoiler:

I want a Pathfinder Grimoire.

First, I think Grimoire is the perfect word for it. Simple, and traditional, not unlike "Bestiary".

The Pathfinder Grimoire should contain spells, but it should be about magic, both arcane and divine.

The purpose of this book is a celebration of Pathfinder's take on Vancian magic (since PRPG is sort of a lifeboat for said system). It should endeavor to explain the spells, the role of the planes in magic, why and how components exist, where dragons and draconic fit in, lists of verbal components for roleplay, expanded magic crafting rules. It should explain the metaphysics of Pathfinder magic in such a way as to make those who hate Vancian magic slaver in anticipation of playing a mage. A proud, Vancian mage, laden with eldritch rituals and steeped in the game's decades old, quirky, bookish, and wholly irreplaceable magic system.

It needn't be a book that increases the power of spellcasters at all, nor a toolkit for building mages, although a small amount of that is inevitable. Of course, spell-eating monsters, special threats to mages, and GM advice can be included to counterbalance the power dump.

Might make a good counterbalance to a Pathfinder Armory for the martial types, if anything like that should ever be released.

Sure, it could be a Chronicles release instead. But given that Pathfinder RPG is now virtually the sole caretaker of the vancian tradition in RPG magic, I think a nice crunchy rulebook release is attainable.


Almost 4 years ago Bugmage (pg 4 of this thread) suggested/requested DungeonMastery Cards for Beastiary. Something with a picture on one side (without name) and a consolidated or shorthand version of stats on the other.
If there were such a thing out there for pathfinder (even multi-deck) I would buy it and I think a BUNCH of Pathfinder GMs (or almost all) would as well!
Being a quick reference card it need not replace the Beasiary books (and it couldn't).
Bonus points for making a "Boney Beastiary" set(s) for those (hundreds? Thousands?) of Pathfinder GMs who backed Reaper's Bones KS!
Will you make them or not?
WHAT SAY YOU??? (My best Aragorn voice)

251 to 278 of 278 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Pathfinder / Lost Omens Campaign Setting / General Discussion / What would you like to see Paizo make? All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.