The House at the Edge of Eternity


Play-by-Post

1 to 50 of 165 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>

Somewhere within the Bazaar rests an old house. Long since abandoned and shunned by the populace, it has remained untouched and unexplored for years until now. Lights can be seen flickering at night. Rattling, voices, cries, and weeping soon follow. A howl of angish rushes from the house and into the streets.

Then all is silent.

Something soon is to happen, within the house, and soon a lost child will return home one last time.

Shadow Lodge

Let's see if this works...

Oh great and mighty Admin(s), hear my call! Move this thread to the PbP section!


Male Blue Dragon Really, I'm a frickin' Dragon. Do I need really need class levels?
Dragonborn3 wrote:

Let's see if this works...

Oh great and mighty Admin(s), hear my call! Move this thread to the PbP section!

Hey, it worked.

Shadow Lodge

BluePigeon wrote:
Dragonborn3 wrote:

Let's see if this works...

Oh great and mighty Admin(s), hear my call! Move this thread to the PbP section!

Hey, it worked.

*gives porper thanks to Admin(s)*


Whatever splendor this place possessed is now long gone. Weeds and insects choke the yard and was bushes, trees and shrubs adorned the grounds of the estate have withered and died. Thick vines cling and choke the walls, windows are caked with years of dust and mud. The building is in need of a new coat of paint. As the heroes enter the estate grounds, the gates behind them shrill to a close with a pronounced clack. All is silent and the last two survivors of the DeMach family have come home without welcome.

"Well, I suppose this old home had better days."

A tear comes to his eye.

"A proud house and a proud family. Pride cometh before the fall I suppose."


Male More Human than Human Rogue 10 / Fighter 6 / Shadowdancer 10 / Void Incarnate 4

"A house is stone and mortar, timber and thatch. It's just a thing. Home is something you always take with you, whether you realize it or not," Devlyn says almost absentmindedly, as if he were quoting someone else's words. A small smile plays across his lips.

"As long as you still have the family, the home will always be there. Now let's get what we need and get out of here as quickly as we can....I have a feeling we've attracted the attention of something other than Zhalail's thralls," as he surveys the grounds, his smile fading to a look of concentration.


Blending in almost perfectly with the shadows, Shadow Pelt waits with eyes gleaming from the darkness.

This is called a Grue. You won't see it coming. It will eat you.


Male More Human than Human Rogue 10 / Fighter 6 / Shadowdancer 10 / Void Incarnate 4
Shadow Pelt wrote:

Blending in almost perfectly with the shadows, Shadow Pelt waits with eyes gleaming from the darkness.

This is called a Grue. You won't see it coming. It will eat you.

Lucky for me I don't just rely on my eyes now, isn't it? ;P

Shadow Lodge

The Dalesman wrote:
Shadow Pelt wrote:

Blending in almost perfectly with the shadows, Shadow Pelt waits with eyes gleaming from the darkness.

This is called a Grue. You won't see it coming. It will eat you.

Lucky for me I don't just rely on my eyes now, isn't it? ;P

Yes. Yes it is...


The Dalesman wrote:

"A house is stone and mortar, timber and thatch. It's just a thing. Home is something you always take with you, whether you realize it or not," Devlyn says almost absentmindedly, as if he were quoting someone else's words. A small smile plays across his lips.

"As long as you still have the family, the home will always be there. Now let's get what we need and get out of here as quickly as we can....I have a feeling we've attracted the attention of something other than Zhalail's thralls," as he surveys the grounds, his smile fading to a look of concentration.

"Oh? We are? Then it's best we hurry and go inside. Tristan, you are the key. Touch the door. No worries lad, I'll make sure you're safe."


:::...but...:::


"You are the key that opens the door. This is the only way."


Male Blue Dragon Really, I'm a frickin' Dragon. Do I need really need class levels?

Tristan swallows and musters up what little courage he has. He walks cautiously up the steps and to the front door. He places the tips of his fingers onto the door and there is a explosive display of bright blue energy in pattern of circles, rings, and seven-point stars. Light washes the young sorcerer, his uncle and those assembled before the door. He tries to remove his hand form the door but it seems stuck, like an fly to flypaper. Feeling deceived, he winches and lashes out a spat of anger. Then in a brief moment in a wave of distortion everything fades out.

Tristan and Solmyr shake their heads and rub their eyes. The doors to the house are now open wide.

Everyone state your actions, but do not act them out. I'll keep checking and replying until Friday, then I'll post the next installment. Dragonborn, was Shadow Pelt hiding within the estate grounds. Unitl I will show you what you see.


Arielle looks around, clutching her hammer in case something bad pops out. She stays close to Tristan, following him inside if he chooses to go in.

Keep in mind that Arielle cannot see illusions. She has what is effectively true sight on steroids. She sees everything as it really is. Doesn't mean she has any clue that other people can't see what she does, so she might not notice something as unusual that would tip off a normal person.


Male Blue Dragon Really, I'm a frickin' Dragon. Do I need really need class levels?
Arielle wrote:

Arielle looks around, clutching her hammer in case something bad pops out. She stays close to Tristan, following him inside if he chooses to go in.

Keep in mind that Arielle cannot see illusions. She has what is effectively true sight on steroids. She sees everything as it really is. Doesn't mean she has any clue that other people can't see what she does, so she might not notice something as unusual that would tip off a normal person.

logged and noted.


Male More Human than Human Rogue 10 / Fighter 6 / Shadowdancer 10 / Void Incarnate 4
BluePigeon wrote:
Everyone state your actions, but do not act them out. I'll keep checking and replying until Friday, then I'll post the next installment. Dragonborn, was Shadow Pelt hiding within the estate grounds. Unitl I will show you what you see.

Noting the light and magic show necessary to get into this place, Devlyn turns his senses back to the surrounding grounds, assuming that Zhalail's minions couldn't get past the family wards and are lurking around here waiting for that door to be opened.


Shadow Pelt is not about to go into an area he doesn't know at all, especially sinced he'd be out-numbered and out-magiked.

Hoping to draw Devlyn out, Shadow Pelt moves a few houses away and roars.


Aidan and Oroth both draw their swords. While Oroth's sword seems bright, Aidan's is almost invisible in the sunlight.

Lk pulls his axe from his belt, but doesn't take his hybrid from. Yet...


Male Blue Dragon Really, I'm a frickin' Dragon. Do I need really need class levels?

Okay, is Allura still with the group? I planning on posting the next turn tomorrow afternoon. I think LK needs a magic weapon too.

I also had my corporate party today. I can't believe I won. I am now the proud owner of a new Panasonic 32" flat screen television. I haven't had a new TV in almost 12 years. I can't wait to break open the box and power it up.


BluePigeon wrote:

Okay, is Allura still with the group? I planning on posting the next turn tomorrow afternoon. I think LK needs a magic weapon too.

I also had my corporate party today. I can't believe I won. I am now the proud owner of a new Panasonic 32" flat screen television. I haven't had a new TV in almost 12 years. I can't wait to break open the box and power it up.

grats on the new tv, BP. :)

And yes, Allura is still with the group.


male

Oooh, shiny new TV... Great, now I'm jealous.

I have my own tricks for handling DR, so don't worry too much. In fact, hurt Tristan or Arielle and you'll see just how dangerous I am without weapons. So far, nothing has made me really angry...


F Smurfold Twitterer 7

I hate it when I'm the only one not making super powerful and very active characters. Especially when said characters claim to be more powerful than my own super powerful but less active characters.
That make any sense? :P


Male Blue Dragon Really, I'm a frickin' Dragon. Do I need really need class levels?
Kobold Cleaver wrote:

I hate it when I'm the only one not making super powerful and very active characters. Especially when said characters claim to be more powerful than my own super powerful but less active characters.

That make any sense? :P

Uh, no. ;-P-


False Clotoloth
BluePigeon wrote:
Kobold Cleaver wrote:

I hate it when I'm the only one not making super powerful and very active characters. Especially when said characters claim to be more powerful than my own super powerful but less active characters.

That make any sense? :P
Uh, no. ;-P-

Good. I probably would have offended somebody.

Meanwhile, not far away, Sytt is investigating the house's surroundings, trying to find anything unusual.


Male Blue Dragon Really, I'm a frickin' Dragon. Do I need really need class levels?

players and posters, don't post anything else until tomorrow. My next post will move things along and into the house.


As their vision returns, the assembled realize that they are still on the DeMach property, the property is no long in the vicinity of the Bazaar or any where on the world. The edges of the property give way to a swirl phantasm of light and reddish smoke. Faded images, snarls, and savage rumbling can be heard beyond the boundaries of the estate.

Solmyr studies his surrounding and mumbles deeply.

"It's worse than I feared. The estate is pushing away from the Prime and Ethereal planes. It's moving closer to the Abyss. Are judging by the sounds of our neighbors, it's best we go inside."


Male Blue Dragon Really, I'm a frickin' Dragon. Do I need really need class levels?
Sytt, Lesser Yugoloth wrote:
Meanwhile, not far away, Sytt is investigating the house's surroundings, trying to find anything unusual.

Sytt sees a flash of blue light as Tristan touches the door.

When the light fades the assembled are gone and the door is still closed.

He can see something on the edge of his field of perception, some his magical senses may yet see.


False Clotoloth
BluePigeon wrote:
Sytt, Lesser Yugoloth wrote:
Meanwhile, not far away, Sytt is investigating the house's surroundings, trying to find anything unusual.

Sytt sees a flash of blue light as Tristan touches the door.

When the light fades the assembled are gone and the door is still closed.

He can see something on the edge of his field of perception, some his magical senses may yet see.

Sytt sighs. "Reception could be better," he mutters. His claw disappears back into his body and comes out with a tiny orb. He pushes it into his right eye socket, and it pops in as the real eye sinks down. He scans the area, left eye closed.

Basically, it gives him the ability to detect magic at the expense of normal sight. He can still see both, but blurred and without depth perception. With normal eye closed, he can see magical effects well enough (though still without depth perception), but without any normal sight.


Male Blue Dragon Really, I'm a frickin' Dragon. Do I need really need class levels?
Arielle wrote:

Arielle looks around, clutching her hammer in case something bad pops out. She stays close to Tristan, following him inside if he chooses to go in.

Keep in mind that Arielle cannot see illusions. She has what is effectively true sight on steroids. She sees everything as it really is. Doesn't mean she has any clue that other people can't see what she does, so she might not notice something as unusual that would tip off a normal person.

Arielle sees nothing with her true sight, but her weather attuned senses give some notions that a part of this demi-plane is anchored with the Prime. Her ability to manipulate the weather has not been severed.


Male Blue Dragon Really, I'm a frickin' Dragon. Do I need really need class levels?
Sytt, Lesser Yugoloth wrote:
[Sytt sighs. "Reception could be better," he mutters. His claw disappears back into his body and comes out with a tiny orb. He pushes it into his right eye socket, and it pops in as the real eye sinks down. He scans the area, left eye closed.

He sees some sort of over-lapping patterns, but without his depth perception he can determine their origin. He sees several rough silhouettes within the patterns.


False Clotoloth
BluePigeon wrote:
Sytt, Lesser Yugoloth wrote:
[Sytt sighs. "Reception could be better," he mutters. His claw disappears back into his body and comes out with a tiny orb. He pushes it into his right eye socket, and it pops in as the real eye sinks down. He scans the area, left eye closed.
He sees some sort of over-lapping patterns, but without his depth perception he can determine their origin. He sees several rough silhouettes within the patterns.

Sytt lets out a moan as he yanks out the false eye. "I hate that! Hades, that hurts!" He stuffs it back into his body and pulls out a scroll. "Kinda wanted to save this," he mutters. He speaks a spell, and the scroll bursts into flame. He yelped and drops it, but it is already ash. "Stupid Efreet." He scowls and searches the area once again with his enhanced vision.

A scroll of true sight. He prefers to save his scrolls, as they are generally rewards for doing well given to him by important people, and someone with as low a rank as his has to treasure such things. The eye is a permanent accessory, but meant to go with another to make it effective. It hurts a great deal to just use one, as the magic is skewed, but it beats having to use a scroll. Just thought I'd explain why he didn't use the scroll in the first place.

Shadow Lodge

Kobold Cleaver wrote:

I hate it when I'm the only one not making super powerful and very active characters. Especially when said characters claim to be more powerful than my own super powerful but less active characters.

That make any sense? :P

If that's a shot at me, Lk's abilities become a liability when he gets angry. Which means it becomes he biggest weakness. Seriously, how safe is it to lose control so much you can't even tell if you've been hurt?


Male Blue Dragon Really, I'm a frickin' Dragon. Do I need really need class levels?
Sytt, Lesser Yugoloth wrote:
Sytt lets out a moan as he yanks out the false eye. "I hate that! Hades, that hurts!" He stuffs it back into his body and pulls out a scroll. "Kinda wanted to save this," he mutters. He speaks a spell, and the scroll bursts into flame. He yelped and drops it, but it is already ash. "Stupid Efreet." He scowls and searches the area once again with his enhanced vision.

It looks like he is viewing three over lapping gates with unrecognizable patterns. They tend to trasverse across each other but never overlap into one solid. He can see the assembled heroes, but he can not hear them. The spells used to obtain this effect are almost unidentifiable.


F Smurfold Twitterer 7
Dragonborn3 wrote:
Kobold Cleaver wrote:

I hate it when I'm the only one not making super powerful and very active characters. Especially when said characters claim to be more powerful than my own super powerful but less active characters.

That make any sense? :P
If that's a shot at me, Lk's abilities become a liability when he gets angry. Which means it becomes he biggest weakness. Seriously, how safe is it to lose control so much you can't even tell if you've been hurt?

It's not just you, to be fair. I'm feeling bitter. I managed to catapult myself out of the main game, and now I'm feeling the effects. The only active character I have is a snake everybody hates (they better, that was my goal). I tend to take it out on anybody who claims to be strong enough to take out what is supposed to be an elite fighting force.

I'm not trying o make the Servants overpowered, I really aren't. They tend to meddle in affairs larger than them, and when said affairs come after them, they have a lot of trouble stopping it. They have a lot of enemies, and as has been made clear, a great deal of corruption. But they know a lot. And sometimes people act like the Servants have no idea what's going, and that bugs me, because oftentimes, I don't know myself. KC hasn't appeared in a while, and I'm having trouble reestablishing the Servant presence. This subplot, which I am thinking of as the Longest Running Subplot with So Few Posts, is really hampering my plans. I blame nobody, as everybody has the right to a subplot once in a while, and I've had more than my fair share. But, yeah, I'm a bit bitter.
Wow, this is my longest rant in a while. Well, if anybody paid attention, thanks for reading, and thanks for letting me rant. Let's get back to the plot.


False Clotoloth
BluePigeon wrote:
Sytt, Lesser Yugoloth wrote:
Sytt lets out a moan as he yanks out the false eye. "I hate that! Hades, that hurts!" He stuffs it back into his body and pulls out a scroll. "Kinda wanted to save this," he mutters. He speaks a spell, and the scroll bursts into flame. He yelped and drops it, but it is already ash. "Stupid Efreet." He scowls and searches the area once again with his enhanced vision.
It looks like he is viewing three over lapping gates with unrecognizable patterns. They tend to trasverse across each other but never overlap into one solid. He can see the assembled heroes, but he can not hear them. The spells used to obtain this effect are almost unidentifiable.

"Styx!" Sytt says, bewildered. "These people don't like eavesdroppers!"

He considers the gates for a moment. Then he grins. "Now, do I still have that..." He reaches into his body. He pulls out a large ring that should not have fit in his body at all (but then again, neither should any of the things he pulls out). He sighs with immense relief as it leaves his body. "Portable hole in this? I'm curious." He moves the portable hole into an area so that it overlaps with two of the gates.
I don't mind if it doesn't work. And on that note, I gotta go!


Male Blue Dragon Really, I'm a frickin' Dragon. Do I need really need class levels?

Sytt places the hole on a portion of the estate gates that overlap and looks into the bottom of it. Expecting to find something to by-pass the grounds, Sytt through his deductive reasoning realizes that the bottom of his portable holes holds swirling grey matter. This semi-substance is reminiscent of the ethereal plane.


False Clotoloth
BluePigeon wrote:
Sytt places the hole on a portion of the estate gates that overlap and looks into the bottom of it. Expecting to find something to by-pass the grounds, Sytt through his deductive reasoning realizes that the bottom of his portable holes holds swirling grey matter. This semi-substance is reminiscent of the ethereal plane.

Actually, he didn't expect to find a way through it. He was just kind of curious. As in 'hmm, maybe this will explode, or cancel the wards, or do something shiny'.

"Weird," Sytt mutters. "Time for some guesswork. I kind of wonder whether it's any different over here?" He vanishes.
On the Ethereal Plane, he inspects the ghostly subrealm to see whether the house looks any different.


Male Blue Dragon Really, I'm a frickin' Dragon. Do I need really need class levels?
Sytt, Lesser Yugoloth wrote:


"Weird," Sytt mutters. "Time for some guesswork. I kind of wonder whether it's any different over here?" He vanishes. On the Ethereal Plane, he inspects the ghostly subrealm to see whether the house looks any different.

He sees the same overlapping qualities as he did on the Prime.


Male Blue Dragon Really, I'm a frickin' Dragon. Do I need really need class levels?

Sorry about the delays. I had the 24 flu bug and it went through me in 48 hours. My weekend was shot to heck. Anyway, moving on...

As the blue flashes fade, the adventurers realize the background and scenery have changed. The sky is dull grey, mixed with ghostly white fog. Colors of red yellow and red flash deeply within the mists and the Bazaar is no where to be seen.


False Clotoloth

Sytt sighs. "How the hell am I gonna do this?" he mutters.


male
BluePigeon wrote:
As the blue flashes fade, the adventurers realize the background and scenery have changed. The sky is dull grey, mixed with ghostly white fog. Colors of red yellow and red flash deeply within the mists and the Bazaar is no where to be seen.

"Anyone know where we are? This place.. it doesn't feel right."


Little Kiba wrote:
BluePigeon wrote:
As the blue flashes fade, the adventurers realize the background and scenery have changed. The sky is dull grey, mixed with ghostly white fog. Colors of red yellow and red flash deeply within the mists and the Bazaar is no where to be seen.
"Anyone know where we are? This place.. it doesn't feel right."

"I don't know. It's still a little bit part of the normal world, but I think maybe it's a demiplane."


Male More Human than Human Rogue 10 / Fighter 6 / Shadowdancer 10 / Void Incarnate 4

"Alright Tristan, Solmyr - lead the way. The less time we spend here, the better it will be I think," Devlyn says while eyeing the fog and it's odd flashes of color.


Male Blue Dragon Really, I'm a frickin' Dragon. Do I need really need class levels?
Sytt, Lesser Yugoloth wrote:
Sytt sighs. "How the hell am I gonna do this?" he mutters.

For Snake eye's only :)

Spoiler:
Sytt begins to ponder and realizes some divinations may reveal more to his eye site.


Arielle wrote:
Little Kiba wrote:
BluePigeon wrote:
As the blue flashes fade, the adventurers realize the background and scenery have changed. The sky is dull grey, mixed with ghostly white fog. Colors of red yellow and red flash deeply within the mists and the Bazaar is no where to be seen.
"Anyone know where we are? This place.. it doesn't feel right."
"I don't know. It's still a little bit part of the normal world, but I think maybe it's a demiplane."

I'm afraid the manor is being pushed closer into the Abyss. How close I do not know. We should be safe inside in the house wards still hold. Come let us not delay anymore.


:::What was that?! Why am I shivering?:::


Little Kiba wrote:
BluePigeon wrote:
As the blue flashes fade, the adventurers realize the background and scenery have changed. The sky is dull grey, mixed with ghostly white fog. Colors of red yellow and red flash deeply within the mists and the Bazaar is no where to be seen.
"Anyone know where we are? This place.. it doesn't feel right."

Arielle and you can still use your innate abilities as the manor is stiill anchored to the Prime Material. Arielle see if can, no, we better move inside.

Solmyr scans the area and ground rumbles beneath his feet.

They are coming. Let's move.

Taking Tristan by the arm, they proceed up the steps and through the doorway.


False Clotoloth
BluePigeon wrote:
Sytt, Lesser Yugoloth wrote:
Sytt sighs. "How the hell am I gonna do this?" he mutters.

For Snake eye's only :)

** spoiler omitted **

Sytt grumbles. "Do these illusionists think I'm made of money? Now I'm going to have to go and clear this with all the toppers, and they'll talk to their betters, and it'll just take forever. Dammit!" He vanishes.


Solmyr of the Azure Flame wrote:
Little Kiba wrote:
BluePigeon wrote:
As the blue flashes fade, the adventurers realize the background and scenery have changed. The sky is dull grey, mixed with ghostly white fog. Colors of red yellow and red flash deeply within the mists and the Bazaar is no where to be seen.
"Anyone know where we are? This place.. it doesn't feel right."
"Arielle and you can still use your innate abilities as the manor is stiill anchored to the Prime Material."

Taking up the position of rear-guard, using it to whisper(hopefully) unheard.

"Oroth, it's hard to feel the Moon here."
"I know, it's hard to feel the Sun too. Don't worry, we'll be fine as long as we don't use more strength than we have."


Male Blue Dragon Really, I'm a frickin' Dragon. Do I need really need class levels?

For Sytt,

Spoiler:
Sytt has heard of an merchant in the Bazaar who goes by the name of Mililani. It's possible, she can help him with his current predicament, or maybe a divination spell or item.

1 to 50 of 165 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The House at the Edge of Eternity All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.