Forums are Way Too Long!!!


Off-Topic Discussions

1,551 to 1,600 of 21,837 << first < prev | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | next > last >>
The Exchange

Dinner:

Fried Chicken, 'tater Salad, Baked Beans, Rolls, And Lemonade!

Dark Archive

Dinner: Spaghetti with meat sauce.

The Exchange

David Fryer wrote:
Dinner: Spaghetti with meat sauce.

What, no meat balls?


Dinner: Pineapple Pepper Stir-Fry. I just threw stuff together for this. It still needs tweaking. More spice.

Liberty's Edge

lynora wrote:
Dinner: Pineapple Pepper Stir-Fry. I just threw stuff together for this. It still needs tweaking. More spice.

Pineapple and pepper?!? You're loony. Spicy pineapple...


Gark the Goblin wrote:
lynora wrote:
Dinner: Pineapple Pepper Stir-Fry. I just threw stuff together for this. It still needs tweaking. More spice.
Pineapple and pepper?!? You're loony. Spicy pineapple...

Not yet. It's sweet peppers. I should have added a couple of spicy peppers. Then it would have been perfect instead of just okay.

Liberty's Edge

lynora wrote:
Gark the Goblin wrote:
lynora wrote:
Dinner: Pineapple Pepper Stir-Fry. I just threw stuff together for this. It still needs tweaking. More spice.
Pineapple and pepper?!? You're loony. Spicy pineapple...
Not yet. It's sweet peppers. I should have added a couple of spicy peppers. Then it would have been perfect instead of just okay.

I never really got why people put pineapple on their pizza... I guess it could taste okay, since the pineapple would sweeten the peppers, though. I don't think pineapple stays together when you stir-fry it though... it'd probably split apart.


Gark the Goblin wrote:


I never really got why people put pineapple on their pizza... I guess it could taste okay, since the pineapple would sweeten the peppers, though. I don't think pineapple stays together when you stir-fry it though... it'd probably split apart.

Well canned pineapple might, but I bought a fresh one and cut it up myself, and the chunks stayed together quite well.

Liberty's Edge

PIZZA NIGHT!!! :nom nom nom:

The Exchange

lynora wrote:
Gark the Goblin wrote:


I never really got why people put pineapple on their pizza... I guess it could taste okay, since the pineapple would sweeten the peppers, though. I don't think pineapple stays together when you stir-fry it though... it'd probably split apart.
Well canned pineapple might, but I bought a fresh one and cut it up myself, and the chunks stayed together quite well.

When I saw his comment, I thought to myself "Not if ya' use the freash ones.", I never use canned ANYTHING unless I absolutly have to! One of the advantages of my mother having a farm. :)

Now if I could get access to a beef ranch, I'd be in heaven!

The Exchange

mattdroz wrote:
PIZZA NIGHT!!! :nom nom nom:

Hey when your a TMNT every night is pizza night! Cowabunga!

The Exchange

strawberries

The Exchange

squash

The Exchange

zuckini

The Exchange

watermelon

The Exchange

butterbeans

The Exchange

silver queen corn

The Exchange

honeydew

The Exchange

bell peppers

The Exchange

irish potatoes

The Exchange

sweet potatoes

The Exchange

peaches

The Exchange

apples

The Exchange

snap peas

The Exchange

pumpkin


It's a good thing I just ate or this grocery list would be making me hungry. :)

The Exchange

Mmmmmmm..... fresh veggies!

The Exchange

lynora wrote:
It's a good thing I just ate or this grocery list would be making me hungry. :)

In the ground one day, on my plate the next! :)

The Exchange

Cabbage

The Exchange

eggplants

The Exchange

I know theres more... I'm glad Solnes is going to see her tomorrow, she will bring home a trunk full... all fresh and free! Just the way I like it!

The Exchange

Hey I just had an idea, I know scary huh?

I am offering my advice to anyone who has any questions or concerns about Pest Control. I await the questions.


Moorluck wrote:
I know theres more... I'm glad Solnes is going to see her tomorrow, she will bring home a trunk full... all fresh and free! Just the way I like it!

Ooh, now I'm jealous. I've thought about joining one of the farmer's co-ops around here. Not free, but you get barrels of fresh vegetables, herbs, and even sometimes flowers every week. But it also means driving for an hour every week to pick them up. In addition to what you're paying for them. On second thought, no I just wish the summer location for the farmers market would open already. It's walking distance from my house.


Moorluck wrote:

Hey I just had an idea, I know scary huh?

I am offering my advice to anyone who has any questions or concerns about Pest Control. I await the questions.

Is there anything I can use to keep ants out of my house that isn't toxic to my dogs and kid? The kid would probably stay away from poison, but the dogs aren't that bright.

The Exchange

lynora wrote:
Moorluck wrote:

Hey I just had an idea, I know scary huh?

I am offering my advice to anyone who has any questions or concerns about Pest Control. I await the questions.

Is there anything I can use to keep ants out of my house that isn't toxic to my dogs and kid? The kid would probably stay away from poison, but the dogs aren't that bright.

The best short term solution is Windex with Amonia, it kills the ants and eliminates the pheremone trail that they use to follow each

other. You can try to ensure that you don't leave pet food/ water out when not needed. (I know thats easier said than done). Ants respond better to baits than sprays or powders because they walk in single file, not those little ant hotels mind you but the gels, don't worry about brand, look for the active ingredient Fipronil. Try applying it at the windows, plumbing entry points and door jambs. If you have a contract with a company insist they do a Termidor perimiter around the outside.... you will not see an ant for about 6 months.

At least I'm good for this type stuff. :)


Thanks, Moorluck. That was really helpful :)

The Exchange

P.S. If it is what I think are the ants the small black ants (sweet ants), and are they often seen on your counters or near the sink? Not that it changes the answer, just curious.

The Exchange

lynora wrote:
Thanks, Moorluck. That was really helpful :)

You are most welcome! :)

Anyone else?

Liberty's Edge

32 pages? Eh, still not long enough...


Moorluck wrote:
P.S. If it is what I think are the ants the small black ants (sweet ants), and are they often seen on your counters or near the sink? Not that it changes the answer, just curious.

Yes, yes they are. And while I have no problems with any other insect/rodent/whatever, I have an absolute horror of ants. It's hilarious if you aren't me. :)

The Exchange

lynora wrote:
Moorluck wrote:
P.S. If it is what I think are the ants the small black ants (sweet ants), and are they often seen on your counters or near the sink? Not that it changes the answer, just curious.
Yes, yes they are. And while I have no problems with any other insect/rodent/whatever, I have an absolute horror of ants. It's hilarious if you aren't me. :)

It's water their after. Make sure to clean any moisture after doing dishes and such.

Am I good or what! :)

The Exchange

houstonderek wrote:
32 pages? Eh, still not long enough...

Sheesh is nothing good enough for you anymore! ;p

The Exchange RPG Superstar 2009 Top 8

I'm never first on the page!

EDIT: Woohooo! I'm first on the page!

The Exchange

What about you Derrik? any Pest questions?

The Exchange

Tarren Dei wrote:

I'm never first on the page!

EDIT: Woohooo! I'm first on the page!

*glowers*

You robbed me of my glory... you.... you.... HAMBURGER!! ;p

The Exchange RPG Superstar 2009 Top 8

Moorluck wrote:
Tarren Dei wrote:

I'm never first on the page!

EDIT: Woohooo! I'm first on the page!

*glowers*

You robbed me of my glory... you.... you.... HAMBURGER!! ;p

Me? I'm pure beef, buddy.

Spoiler:

Thought there would be something naughty under the spoiler, didn't ya?

The Exchange

.

The Exchange

Tarren Dei wrote:
Moorluck wrote:
Tarren Dei wrote:

I'm never first on the page!

EDIT: Woohooo! I'm first on the page!

*glowers*

You robbed me of my glory... you.... you.... HAMBURGER!! ;p

Me? I'm pure beef buddy.

Yeah, yeah. Goes good with cheese, bacon, onions, pickles, bannana peppers, letuce, and A1.... on an onion roll.

Liberty's Edge

Moorluck wrote:
What about you Derrik? any Pest questions?

Nah, the only pests I have to deal with are human children spawned by my sister. Not much I can do there except liberally apply noogies...

The Exchange

.

1,551 to 1,600 of 21,837 << first < prev | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Off-Topic Discussions / Forums are Way Too Long!!! All Messageboards