RotRL+


Play-by-Post

51 to 83 of 83 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>

Hemias watched the Swallowtail Release with a certain humor. Such delicate little creatures of very evident beauty being of such importance to the goddess Desna, wouldn't she be angry as to having had so many of them captured, their freedom impinged? Thinking about it, he cracked a smile at the situation and then began to wander about the festival, ignoring the stares from those knowledgeable enough to know who he served.

Seeing such competition for patronage, with such varying meals and drinks served, it seemed that this may be the event of the decade for Sandpoint. Not a ridiculous thought though, considering how small Sandpoint is, a simple festival of such importance may very well come once in a long time.

While stopping by the table for The Rusty Dragon partaking in some of the exotically spiced salmon, an enchantingly beautiful varisian woman at an ale stall caught his eye. Giving a nod to the server and dropping a few copper upon the table as a tip he began his way over. Exotic ales never tried before and a beautiful woman serving them is a hard offer to resist.

On his way to the table, several other patrons had already made their way up, getting served and making idle conversation with the woman. A Miss Giovanni if the sign was to be believed. Not wanting to be rude or to interrupt, Hemias stops a short distance behind the group in front of the table. Waiting for his turn in line he grimaces, seeing that it may be a while due to an awkward youth perhaps trying to gain the courage to say something romantic.


Male Human Barbarian 1st

Zadrick take a drink of his 'exotic' ale and tries to hide the grimace on his face "Exotic must mean something else in her mind." Zadrick thinks as he discreetly spits most of it back in his tankard.

Zadrick steps back and slaps Armelio on the back "Well have at it my friend. I am going to try the salmon." Zadrick turns around looking for the food and nearly runs in to a sour looking man in red and black robes nearly dumping his 'exotic' ale all over the man.

"Ooh hey sorry about that." Zadirck steps to the side and whispers, "The scenery up ahead is way better then the drink. Save your money."


Male Half Elf Rogue 1

Chaine watches with a nonchalant stare as the last of the butterflies take to the crisp, blue sky. After a moment, his attention is gathered by a beautiful young woman in a wagon, who is apparently a street vendor for the festival. After watching the small crowd gather quickly around her, he snickers to himself. "I know exactly what she's selling." he says under his breath as he watches the young woman flirt and carry on with her customers. His interest sparked, he takes another nip off his recently purchased bottle of wine, makes sure he's got his mug still with him and makes his way to the line forming near the cart.

As he approaches the ale cart, Chaine notices the man dressed in the priestly garmets of red and black with a raised brow. "Now there's something you don't see everyday, at least not so openly." he says quietly with a shrug to noone in particular. "To each his own, as they say." Standing in line, his thoughts turn to the recent events that have unfolded in his life in the nearby city of Magnimar and he feels his mood begin to sour. Chaine shakes the thoughts from his head, cracks the knuckles on his right hand and watches the Varisian woman work, curious to see if she if pulling a grift or just using her "talents" to sell bad ale.


Male Human Wizard 1 (Conjurer, banned illusion and necromancy)

Armelio takes out the money and places them on the counter. He struggles to find something suitably interesting enough for a woman like this to smile at, or at least not scream at him and throw drinks in his face. He opens his mouth, and then a meaty hand slaps him in the back, spilling some of his new ale over the counter. He hears the invitation to eat the salmon.

"Oh gods, Imsorryimsorryitwasnaccident!" he stammers, trying to wipe the ale up with his hands. Then he turns, bright red in the face and rushes back towards the food tables. He barely notices the Priest dressed in the distinctive robes of Asmodeus as he moves, only the deepest part of his subconcious registereing the fact and storing it for study later. As he gets to the queue for the food, he remembers the ale in his hands. Looking around to make sure no more accidents are coming his way. This was it, his first taste of ale. The drink that so many of the young men in town espoused as the best thing the gods invented. He drank deeply....and sprayed most of it back into his mug. Gods this was awful!!!

The waitress behind the table asked him for his order. He went for the medium red curry, a side serve of salads and rice, and followed it with a cup of short black and three sugars. "Oh and do you have some water and a piece of unspiced meat for Ezrett" he asks?

"How am I going to talk to that girl if I can't stand her ale?" he asks no one in particular.


Female Human(Varisian) Sorcerer(Elemental Fire Bloodline)/1st

Content to sell her common ale as something of grandeur, she serves all that approached. She only smiled and patted Armelio's hand when he spilled the ale, and produced a rag to wipe it up. After some time, she closed the shutters and locked them, as well as locked up her carriage. It was time for a break. She moved to Armelio and tapped him on the shoulder. She curtsied with her hand on her rapier less-than-politely and smiled."Hello Again, It's about time for my break and I was wondering if you should show me the sights."


Male Human Barbarian 1st

Chuckling at Armelio's embarrassment Zadrick sits down next to him with his plate of salmon and tankard of dark dwarvish ale. "Now this ale is great" he says after a long drink. "So dark and thick you can almost chew it." He starts eating his salmon when the Varisian women comes up to Armelio.

Zadrick smiles and whispers to her "Careful you might make him choke on his food and die, the way his day is going."


Male Half Elf Rogue 1

Chaine waits for his turn to get up to the ale cart, pays the attractive young Varisian woman with a gold coin, then watches as she fills up his empty mug. With a knowing wink, he downs the the cheap ale in one gulp, followed by a chaser from his wine bottle. "Hrrmm." he mumbles at the aftertaste, then follows with another nip off the bottle. "Keep the change- (fake coughs)"Well worth it for such fine brew as this." With that, he follows the others into the inn and takes a seat at the table next to everyone.


Looking to the stranger who offered advice, then back to the lovely woman, then finally resting his gaze upon the ale and the people's reactions, he nods. "Ah. Thanks kindly neighbor. Much appreciated." With that Hemias looks to the varisian woman, "Apologies, but it does not appear you shall have my business this day. Farewell," and promptly turns on his heel, moving back into the festival to enjoy the other free drinks and food.


Male Human Wizard 1 (Conjurer, banned illusion and necromancy)

When the beautiful girl approaches him and asks for him to show her the sights, Armelio can't believe his ears. On his shoulder, Ezrett again growls in a low whine as his little brown eyes warily scan teh woman. His little paws a busily turning a piee of cooked meat around as he takes dainty nibbles at the food, not letting even a crumb drop on the wizards robes.

Ignoring his familiar, the young man offers the girl a seat, shuffling across on the bench to allow her access if possible. "Certainly I'll give you a ..hmm, hmm" he pauses briefly and clears his throat as his voice cracks again. "Sorry about that, must be the curry. Yes I'd love to give you a tour, miss. I have already told some of these gentlemen I'd show them around the town, perhaps you'd like to join us?" his voice was polite, if a little excitable. He was sure his face was burning with the flush of his embarrassment. He'd never had a girl pay much attention to him before.

Exrett stuck his wet nose in Aremlio's ear and snorted loudly.


Male Dwarf Fighter /1

Broduk simply watches on in amusement as he sat down with his plate of smoked salmon and his mug of true dwarven ale. Taking a deep draw from the mug, he sighs in pleasure as he wipes the excess beer from his lips. This group was turning out to be rather enjoyable company, all things considered. Especially the young wizard who seemed to still be growing into his own shoes. Watching the attractive woman using her looks to get to know the group, Broduk simply guffaws once more as he thinks, Now ye'd never see a dwarven woman do that sort o' thing.


Female Human(Varisian) Sorcerer(Elemental Fire Bloodline)/1st

Nodding politely, Her eyes brightened at the dwarf's plate. She went to get a rather large plate of her own before returning to the table to take a seat. "Catalina's the name,friends." She stated as she took her seat by Armelio,extra close on purpose. She then proceeded to devour the salmon in front of her with unexpected ferociousness.


Male Dwarf Fighter /1

Taking a look at Catalina's ferocity in devouring the fish, Broduk laughs once more as he says, "Now that is a lass if ever I met one, face o' an angel and tha appetite o' a dwarf. Cheers ta ya lassie!" Than raising his now half empty pint mug, he will clink glasses with whoever taks part in the toast before throwing back the rest of the ale in one solid gulp.


Male Human Barbarian 1st
Hemias Lalmune wrote:
Looking to the stranger who offered advice, then back to the lovely woman, then finally resting his gaze upon the ale and the people's reactions, he nods. "Ah. Thanks kindly neighbor. Much appreciated."

"Not a problem. I was going to get some food and good ale. I could recommend a good dwarvish ale if you are interested?" Zadrick tells the cleric.

Broduk Goblinsplinter wrote:
Taking a look at Catalina's ferocity in devouring the fish, Broduk laughs once more as he says, "Now that is a lass if ever I met one, face o' an angel and tha appetite o' a dwarf. Cheers ta ya lassie!" Than raising his now half empty pint mug, he will clink glasses with whoever taks part in the toast before throwing back the rest of the ale in one solid gulp.

Zadrick watches Catalina devour her meal with a raised eyebrow. "Yes she does have quite the appetite. Poor Armelio, there will be nothing left of the boy if she is that ravenous in other areas." he whispers to the dwarf.


Male Human Wizard 1 (Conjurer, banned illusion and necromancy)

Finishing his curried Salmon, Armelio licks his lips in satisfaction before wiping a sleeve across his ear where his familiar had snorted its nose.

[i]"Ezrett, stop being so rude in front of the visitors. Honestly, I don't know what's gotten into you!"[/b] he whispers, holding the little weazels face in his hand and gently admonishing him with a feeling of disaproval.

Turning back to the others, he takes another sip of his Orisini short black before asking "When you are all ready we can try some of the other taverns fare. There's a competition every year to see who serves the best dish and we're meant to vote on it!"

Suddenly very aware of the girl sitting next to him, her thigh seemingly casually pressed against his, he again becomes aware of his bodies inapropriate response. "But, you know, don't rush or anything. We could just sit here a bit longer"

Again a feeling of mild humour comes from Ezreet, followed by a contented nuzzling in his hand as the little animal finishes his meal and drink.


Female Human(Varisian) Sorcerer(Elemental Fire Bloodline)/1st

Catalina gives Armelio a wry smile before turning to the rest of the group. "I'll be happy to continue our tour whenever the rest of you are."


Male Half Elf Rogue 1

Chaine orders the smoked salmon and picks at it between swigs off his diminishing bottle. With waning interest in the flirtations of the ale girl and young wizard, he looks about the tavern to see who else of interest is in the inn. After a few more bites of the fish, he decides that it probably won't win any awards in his book, and gets up from the table.

Listening to his new acquaintances conversation, he smiles and says "Where to next?"


Male Human Barbarian 1st

"Venison or chicken?" Zadrick asks. "I don't care but lets head out and see." he says as he starts out.


If this is going too slow, guys, give me a heads up.


Male Half Elf Rogue 1

The pace seems a bit slow, but I'm not a PbP expert, by any means. I feel a bit like we're needing more information or direction.


Male Human Wizard 1 (Conjurer, banned illusion and necromancy)

Yeah I think I've just about played out as much of the intro stuff as I can make up on my own. Armelio wil go from humourous to damn annoying soon if I'm not careful, and that's not where I'd like to see him go. What are some of the options we have for the celebration mr DM? Any competitions or special events we can try our skills at? cheers. Also, while I created Armelio for some comic relief and writing in my PbP's, I realise others might not enjoy it so much. If it gets annoying, please let me know and I'll dial it back a bit.

DM

Spoiler:

Jared, I actually have the runelords games and access to the background section on Sandpoint. I'm avoiding using any of that knowledge in game though. Do you mind If I drop the occasional name or place for the group to visit, given Armelio's lived in the town all his life. Just for things like visiting smiths, or seeking healing etc. Your call completely, I can happily keep my knowledge and Armelio's knowledge as very separate things. Cheers


Male Human Barbarian 1st

I am ready for some action.


male Human (Chelaxian/Varisian) Wizard/1 (Favoured Class, Universal School)

Later this evening Riben enters the Rusty Dragon with his Family they are eating, drinking and chatting with some acquaintance if his parents. A hour later he joins the Group around Zadrick and Armelio, standing before they table and waiting...


Male Human Wizard 1 (Conjurer, banned illusion and necromancy)

just bumping the thread. Anyone heard from our DM? Hoping he's just busy :)


Ok, sorry guys, will update sometime on the 22, I'm on a mission in Iraq right now paying some dudes, so I don't have time/limited internet access. Armelio, if you want to throw names and places out, I'm fine with it since your character is/was a local. I'll start moving it along very soon, sorry for the wait. Combat will ensue soon, so no worries there.


Male Half Elf Rogue 1

No worries. Thanks for the update.


Male Human Wizard 1 (Conjurer, banned illusion and necromancy)

Just bumping again, to bring this one out of the archives. Hope your doing alright over there Jared. Cheers


Male Human Barbarian 1st

New Bump


Female Human(Varisian) Sorcerer(Elemental Fire Bloodline)/1st

Bump!


Male Half Elf Rogue 1

Someone want to take DM duties on this one over?


Male Human Wizard 1 (Conjurer, banned illusion and necromancy)

Unforunately I've just started my own homebrew PbP otherwise i would. I can't do two DM rolls and still play the games i'm in sorry.

I guess this character was just dooomed to never see the light of day :) This si the second game that's collapsed wih him in it. <sigh>

Grand Lodge

Male Nurse/Father

I might be able to when I get back on Monday.


Male Half Elf Rogue 1

Sweet!


Female Human(Varisian) Sorcerer(Elemental Fire Bloodline)/1st

I'm gonna have to drop out of this one.

Poor Catalina is in the same boat as Armelio. This is the second game that she's been in that's crumbled apart.

I think all of you guys are great and i'd be happy to try again sometime but not with Catalina here.

I wish you all the best, keep me in mind if you decide on a reboot or anything of the like.

-MM

51 to 83 of 83 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / RotRL+ All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.