The Eyrie of Celestial Harmony


Forum Games

2,301 to 2,350 of 2,425 << first < prev | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | next > last >>

Frost the Ancient wrote:
Kobold Cleaver is busy with the siege. Joek is busy with certain other matters. It would most likely be very advanced troops to deal with you and Arielle. They know how powerful she is now. That's the first cat out of the bag. I suppose it couldn't be helped." He sniffs.

"We'll cross that bridge when we come to it. I'm not convinced they yet understand Arielle's powers at all, and I know they don't know mine. We still have room for surprises."


lynora-Jill wrote:
Frost the Ancient wrote:
Kobold Cleaver is busy with the siege. Joek is busy with certain other matters. It would most likely be very advanced troops to deal with you and Arielle. They know how powerful she is now. That's the first cat out of the bag. I suppose it couldn't be helped." He sniffs.
"We'll cross that bridge when we come to it. I'm not convinced they yet understand Arielle's powers at all, and I know they don't know mine. We still have room for surprises."

"They know enough to know they underestimated her. They aren't the only ones." He raises an eyebrow. "I beg you to remember that the Servants have never only relied on military strength. When it comes to allies, you are weak as a kitten. You are all viewed as religious zealots. Who do you have on your side? Those of the Grove, those of Sunny Godhead...few have forgotten that stunt Arielle attempted in the Bazaar. People died. I would be careful about your public image." The dragon dramatically turns away, and flies off into the night.

Not meant to be tooting my own horn. That was more of a. explanation of how things stand then a chance to tell you how awesome my organization is.


LJ pinches the bridge of her nose, trying to massage away a growing headache.

"Okay, I am not going to let myself be influenced by a dragon's perceptions of our public image, no matter how helpful the dragon. I've learned enough about human nature by now to know not to expect accolades. Some things you do because they're the right thing, no matter what people think of you because of them. But I do feel bad about Arielle. It's not like she ever had any choice about controlling weather. She's technically speaking not even a year old yet. She's never had a chance to learn anything the normal way. And he's right, there are plenty of people who will forget all about the earth elemental attacking the children and blame everything on Arielle's storm. I just wish I could spare her that. And I wonder if I had paid better attention instead of getting distracted by the whole being a goddess thing if I could have spared her that. She needed me and I was barely there."


lynora-Jill wrote:

LJ pinches the bridge of her nose, trying to massage away a growing headache.

"Okay, I am not going to let myself be influenced by a dragon's perceptions of our public image, no matter how helpful the dragon. I've learned enough about human nature by now to know not to expect accolades. Some things you do because they're the right thing, no matter what people think of you because of them. But I do feel bad about Arielle. It's not like she ever had any choice about controlling weather. She's technically speaking not even a year old yet. She's never had a chance to learn anything the normal way. And he's right, there are plenty of people who will forget all about the earth elemental attacking the children and blame everything on Arielle's storm. I just wish I could spare her that. And I wonder if I had paid better attention instead of getting distracted by the whole being a goddess thing if I could have spared her that. She needed me and I was barely there."

"WE were barely there. And she's growing up too fast. Literally."

"We can't keep her locked up, even if we wanted to, and we can't control what people think. Influence maybe, but not control. A friend has been helping those hurt in the bazaar, but that's been anonymous."

"The servants are into manipulation. We aren't."

"As for Frost, I'm not sure if he can be trusted. After all, it was he that killed the first attacker with Joek's permission. Not that I have much problem with that. Not necessarily a friendly exchange but an exchange nonetheless."


Ch'ack Hammer wrote:


"WE were barely there. And she's growing up too fast. Literally."

"We can't keep her locked up, even if we wanted to, and we can't control what people think. Influence maybe, but not control. A friend has been helping those hurt in the bazaar, but that's been anonymous."

"The servants are into manipulation. We aren't."

"As for Frost, I'm not sure if he can be trusted. After all, it was he that killed the first attacker with Joek's permission. Not that I have much problem with that. Not necessarily a friendly exchange but an exchange nonetheless."

"I know," she said, leaning her head on his shoulder. "He got me at a weak point. I'm still new at this whole parenting thing. I just feel so totally inadequate." She looked up at him. "So is this the part where you tell me that's totally normal? Since, compared to me, you;re an expert at this," she added with a small smile.


lynora-Jill wrote:
Ch'ack Hammer wrote:


"WE were barely there. And she's growing up too fast. Literally."

"We can't keep her locked up, even if we wanted to, and we can't control what people think. Influence maybe, but not control. A friend has been helping those hurt in the bazaar, but that's been anonymous."

"The servants are into manipulation. We aren't."

"As for Frost, I'm not sure if he can be trusted. After all, it was he that killed the first attacker with Joek's permission. Not that I have much problem with that. Not necessarily a friendly exchange but an exchange nonetheless."

"I know," she said, leaning her head on his shoulder. "He got me at a weak point. I'm still new at this whole parenting thing. I just feel so totally inadequate." She looked up at him. "So is this the part where you tell me that's totally normal? Since, compared to me, you're an expert at this," she added with a small smile.

Smiling back, "Normal feelings, not normal situations."

"Physically Arielle is already older than Aiselle got to..." he swallows

"So we're in uncharted territory."


Ch'ack Hammer wrote:


Smiling back, "Normal feelings, not normal situations."

"Physically Arielle is already older than Aiselle got to..." he swallows

"So we're in uncharted territory."

"I'm sorry, love. I didn't mean to bring up painful memories," she said softly.


lynora-Jill wrote:
Ch'ack Hammer wrote:


Smiling back, "Normal feelings, not normal situations."

"Physically Arielle is already older than Aiselle got to..." he swallows

"So we're in uncharted territory."

"I'm sorry, love. I didn't mean to bring up painful memories," she said softly.

"It's OK. Two people is bad enough. Two times is worse. It's like part of my mind has been reset to days gone by."


Ch'ack Hammer wrote:
lynora-Jill wrote:
Ch'ack Hammer wrote:


Smiling back, "Normal feelings, not normal situations."

"Physically Arielle is already older than Aiselle got to..." he swallows

"So we're in uncharted territory."

"I'm sorry, love. I didn't mean to bring up painful memories," she said softly.
"It's OK. Two people is bad enough. Two times is worse. It's like part of my mind has been reset to days gone by."

"That I can understand. You missed this morning's freakout when I looked in the mirror. My mind took a little bit to catch up to the idea that no, my hair was not the wrong color. Sometimes it seems like things that happened thousands of years ago are more real than things that happened only a few years ago. I wonder if that will fade?"


lynora-Jill wrote:
Ch'ack Hammer wrote:
lynora-Jill wrote:
Ch'ack Hammer wrote:


Smiling back, "Normal feelings, not normal situations."

"Physically Arielle is already older than Aiselle got to..." he swallows

"So we're in uncharted territory."

"I'm sorry, love. I didn't mean to bring up painful memories," she said softly.
"It's OK. Two people is bad enough. Two times is worse. It's like part of my mind has been reset to days gone by."
"That I can understand. You missed this morning's freakout when I looked in the mirror. My mind took a little bit to catch up to the idea that no, my hair was not the wrong color. Sometimes it seems like things that happened thousands of years ago are more real than things that happened only a few years ago. I wonder if that will fade?"

"Hopefully."

"I don't see much grey in your hair." *ducks*


Ch'ack Hammer wrote:

"Hopefully."

"I don't see much grey in your hair." *ducks*

Swats him playfully.

"And you never will. Although that would be closer to my original hair color than this is."

"Enough goofing around. We need a plan. And in spite of what we told the dragon I'm not sure we should stay here. It's not always a good idea to stay exactly where all your enemies know where you are. What do you think?"


lynora-Jill wrote:
Ch'ack Hammer wrote:

"Hopefully."

"I don't see much grey in your hair." *ducks*

Swats him playfully.

"And you never will. Although that would be closer to my original hair color than this is."

"Enough goofing around. We need a plan. And in spite of what we told the dragon I'm not sure we should stay here. It's not always a good idea to stay exactly where all your enemies know where you are. What do you think?"

*sigh* "The Oasis? A little vacation? Coconuts and a grass hut? The Grove? SunnyG's resort? Maybe all 3?"

"I'm sure someone would help us travel, avoiding omniportals. E7 could transport via plants or earth, SunnyG, Djuhah? It'd be nice to slip out quietly."


Ch'ack Hammer wrote:


*sigh* "The Oasis? A little vacation? Coconuts and a grass hut? The Grove? SunnyG's resort? Maybe all 3?"

"I'm sure someone would help us travel, avoiding omniportals. E7 could transport via plants or earth, SunnyG, Djuhah? It'd be nice to slip out quietly."

"We should probably keep moving for the most part. So I guess all three. Hopefully that will make it harder for trouble to find us. I guess the question is which one would you like to go to first?"


lynora-Jill wrote:
Ch'ack Hammer wrote:


*sigh* "The Oasis? A little vacation? Coconuts and a grass hut? The Grove? SunnyG's resort? Maybe all 3?"

"I'm sure someone would help us travel, avoiding omniportals. E7 could transport via plants or earth, SunnyG, Djuhah? It'd be nice to slip out quietly."

"We should probably keep moving for the most part. So I guess all three. Hopefully that will make it harder for trouble to find us. I guess the question is which one would you like to go to first?"

"How 'bout the Grove? We haven't checked on them since Aidan's 'problem'. Being busy would be good."

"Besides, I have an old squirrelfriend there." ;)


Ch'ack Hammer wrote:

"How 'bout the Grove? We haven't checked on them since Aidan's 'problem'. Being busy would be good."

"Besides, I have an old squirrelfriend there." ;)

"Oh yes, I remember. And it's been much too long since we've dropped by to say hello." :)

"I'll go and wake up Arielle. And then ask Djuhah for a favor so that we can get there without anyone the wiser."


She came back about a half hour later with a sleepy Arielle in tow, and carrying a small bag.

"I packed up a few things for Arielle while I was thinking about it. Who knows how long it will be before we come back here." She smoothed Arielle's hair away from her face as Arielle yawned and rubbed sleep out of her eyes.

"Djuhah!" LJ called out, not too loudly.


He materialised in front of them.

"Yes, Starsong? Was there something you needed?"


"I was hoping you could do us a small favor? Could you please transport the three of us to the Grove? We'd rather not use the omniportal. The less people know where we are, the better."


"Of course, Starsong. That will be no trouble at all. But are you sure you should leave this place? It is well protected. You are safe here."


"I'm sure. It may be safe, but it's also confining. And all of our enemies know exactly where we are. It's better this way."


"As you wish, Starsong. Know that you are always welcome here."

Winds swirl around LJ, CH, and Arielle, transporting the three of them to the Grove of the Ancients.


Djuhah the Djinn wrote:

"As you wish, Starsong. Know that you are always welcome here."

Winds swirl around LJ, CH, and Arielle, transporting the three of them to the Grove of the Ancients.

"Ooh, that tickles."

Moving to the Grove


Oroth steps out of the omniportal and cups his hands around his mouth.

"Hey Tristan! LK! You want to go to see Sunny G?"


Oroth Sunschild wrote:

Oroth steps out of the omniportal and cups his hands around his mouth.

"Hey Tristan! LK! You want to go to see Sunny G?"

Subtle ;)

Shadow Lodge

The Dalesman wrote:
Oroth Sunschild wrote:

Oroth steps out of the omniportal and cups his hands around his mouth.

"Hey Tristan! LK! You want to go to see Sunny G?"

Subtle ;)

Subtle as the Sun!


Oroth Sunschild wrote:

Oroth steps out of the omniportal and cups his hands around his mouth.

"Hey Tristan! LK! You want to go to see Sunny G?"

Covered in a sweet layer of dirt, Tristan enters the Eyrie from another climbing expedition.

:::Sure, but I need to clean up first. I also skinned my knee. Who's Sunny G.? Sounds like someone who serves pulped oranges.:::


Frost flies overhead, testing his wings. He pauses, and then lands. He sniffs the air. "Fire." He hesitates. Then he shrugs. "At any rate, it is time to go hunting." He flies off.


Tristan the Waif wrote:
Oroth Sunschild wrote:

Oroth steps out of the omniportal and cups his hands around his mouth.

"Hey Tristan! LK! You want to go to see Sunny G?"

Covered in a sweet layer of dirt, Tristan enters the Eyrie from another climbing expedition.

:::Sure, but I need to clean up first. I also skinned my knee. Who's Sunny G.? Sounds like someone who serves pulped oranges.:::

"He'll probably think that's pretty funny. I'll fix your knee before we go."

Sorry for the delay. That's what I get for waiting for the messageboard to say there was a new post instead of checking the Eyrie myself...


Oroth Sunschild wrote:
"He'll probably think that's pretty funny. I'll fix your knee before we go."

"Thanks. I like climbing around the Eyrie. There's so much to see. And I stay away from the dragon too. Let's find Little Kiba and head towards the Omniportal."


Tristan the Waif wrote:
Oroth Sunschild wrote:
"He'll probably think that's pretty funny. I'll fix your knee before we go."
"Thanks. I like climbing around the Eyrie. There's so much to see. And I stay away from the dragon too. Let's find Little Kiba and head towards the Omniportal."

Even as Tristan says the words, a young dark gray wolf bounds toward, carrying a pack in it's mouth. Sliding to a halt a few feet away, it shifts into Lk. Shouldering the pack, he grins.

"Sorry I didn't get here sooner, I almost didn't hear you. Dad knows I'm going to the Sanctum, so I'm set to go!"

Did Tristan just talk like a normal kid? No more :::'s? Lol if it was a typo.


"Just one more thing to do before we leave then."

Kneeling, Oroth places a hand on Tristan's scraped knee and speaks a word in Celestial. A faint golden light shines out from under his hand as Tristan's knee heals.

"Okay, let's go. Off the Sanctum!"

Herding them to the Portal and on through to the Sanctum.


The Servants suddenly begin to leave. There are flashes of light as they disappear, until there seem to be none left. However, the shadows outside the Eyrie seem unusually long, and strange birds constantly fly about.


.... wrote:
The Servants suddenly begin to leave. There are flashes of light as they disappear, until there seem to be none left. However, the shadows outside the Eyrie seem unusually long, and strange birds constantly fly about.

"That can't be good."


A young teenaged boy sits along a rocky ledge, staring out into the sunrise. Dressed in elfin travelling clothes and a cloak that seems made of feathers, the boy looks reflective


The shadows vanish.
"Woe! a vulture screeches. "Board help us all, for we are beaten and scattered! Board help us a--"
From a cloud above comes an enormous talon, which snatches the creature up. The other birds scatter.


"Any idea what they're talking about?" Frost asks a passing celestial eagle. He munches on the vulture. The eagle shakes its head, eager to be away from the hungry dragon.


Because I can't stand the silence, and want to get this moving...
There is a popping sound. About two dozen grey-clad men and women appear. Solemnly, they begin marching towards the boundaries of the Eyrie. At their head is a robed one-legged goblin. He uses a staff-like flail as a walking stick.


The white dragon glances towards them, and decides that attacking would be too risky.
He flies into the Eyrie, and looks around for an authority figure.


.... wrote:

The shadows vanish.

"Woe! a vulture screeches. "Board help us all, for we are beaten and scattered! Board help us a--"
From a cloud above comes an enormous talon, which snatches the creature up. The other birds scatter.
Frost the Ancient wrote:
"Any idea what they're talking about?" Frost asks a passing celestial eagle. He munches on the vulture. The eagle shakes its head, eager to be away from the hungry dragon.
.... wrote:

Because I can't stand the silence, and want to get this moving...

There is a popping sound. About two dozen grey-clad men and women appear. Solemnly, they begin marching towards the boundaries of the Eyrie. At their head is a robed one-legged goblin. He uses a staff-like flail as a walking stick.

That's it, I'm sending word to the Guardians right away...


Frost the Ancient wrote:

The white dragon glances towards them, and decides that attacking would be too risky.

He flies into the Eyrie, and looks around for an authority figure.

Sky is busy try to teach Lark, Amiri, Notin, and Nodin how to hunt using live mice. As eagle-hawks, they are doing well as long as they don't have to fly. Turns out glinding from ground level doesn't work.


Ellara is teaching a make-shift class on basic spells, from Detect Magic to Haste. While her 'students' are busy trying to cast, she checks the Wards for weaknesses, a reflex she can't help.


Blodwen is on her way back to the nest from the kitchen where she had gone to grab a quick snack when she saw the dragon.

:I suppose this is some sort of emergency?:


Sky Cloudgather wrote:
That's it, I'm sending word to the Guardians right away...

Those books were actually okay before the movies messed with them.

"Bah. The Servants are here. I count thirty of them, and they look a bit battered."


Frost the Ancient wrote:
Sky Cloudgather wrote:
That's it, I'm sending word to the Guardians right away...

Those books were actually okay before the movies messed with them.

"Bah. The Servants are here. I count thirty of them, and they look a bit battered."

:Yes, I suppose that would qualify as important.:

:Sky, my beloved, you should ask Hlawith or one of the others to watch the nestlings for a bit,: she called telepathically. :We seem to have visitors, and last I checked we were left in charge of dealing with such things. Frost says they are Servants, but they look a bit the worse for wear, not that they don't deserve it.:


:*sigh* Of course, I start teaching the little ones and this happens. I'll be right ther, my nightwing.:

:Hlawith? Blodwen and I need you to watch our nestlings for a bit, we have some visitors that may need much of our.. attention. They'll be in the nest and watched by Freefall so they don't try flying without you to supervise."

Once the young ones are in the nest and playing with Freefall, Sky flys to Blodwen and shifts to elven form as he lands.

"So we have some Servants at our door, huh? I wonder why they are here. Should I go down to meet them or let one of the Starhawks Wings ask why they're here?"


:We should go down and meet them. I do not trust them at all. But we should still try and listen to what they have to say. After the losses sustained during their last siege, I do not trust my kin not to strike first and worry about questions later. I'm not sure they're wrong, but prefer to alter the order of events,: she said, wryly.


:Okay, I guess we can try it your way.: He thinks with a wink at Blodwen. He runs and jumps off the cliff, shifting in mid-air to let the wind catch under his wings.

:Stay close though, I don't want you getting hurt in your "condition":


Sky Cloudgather wrote:

:Okay, I guess we can try it your way.: He thinks with a wink at Blodwen. He runs and jumps off the cliff, shifting in mid-air to let the wind catch under his wings.

:Stay close though, I don't want you getting hurt in your "condition":

Frost nods curtly. "Should it go awry, I will be watching." He flies back up into the clouds.


She shifted herself as she jumped after him, making sure to leave enough room for the transformation, her large black wings spreading wide to catch the wind.

:No need to worry there. You know I will not take any unnecessary chances with our little one.:

They glided down towards the group approaching the gates.


Blodwen Pefhlawae wrote:

She shifted herself as she jumped after him, making sure to leave enough room for the transformation, her large black wings spreading wide to catch the wind.

:No need to worry there. You know I will not take any unnecessary chances with our little one.:

They glided down towards the group approaching the gates.

The goblin looks up as the two shifters approach. "You!" he shouts. "You is Eyrie folk! We bring important news and request to you! Please land, and not kill us!"

2,301 to 2,350 of 2,425 << first < prev | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Forum Games / The Eyrie of Celestial Harmony All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.