The Sanctum of the Sun


Forum Games

401 to 450 of 1,235 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>

Yames Boornd wrote:

As to that I'm unclear. I think that when Lynora-Jill left here she may have gone to the Grove of Ancients to rest for a time.

I've been shuttling back and forth between here and the bazaar the last few days, apart from making a rendezvous with a colleague at the Oasis. Something big is going down. The independent spymistress Shovastika has been going frantic with her network of agents.

"We were just at the Grove, but the place is almost abandoned. We didn't see LJ there. Who's this Shovastika lady, anyway? A colleague of yours?"


The goblin makes a face.
She is no colleague of mine. I carry out my noble trade for the Eighth Runelord. She is an independent operator, a mistress of disguise and the arts of treachery, always first on the betrayal when treachery is in the air, never where an ambush is set for her, and with turn-of-the-last-millenium techniques for gathering and processing information. That last bit said, she is remarkably effective at keeping tabs on almost anything and everything. But her prices can get very high.


Yames Boornd wrote:

The goblin makes a face.

She is no colleague of mine. I carry out my noble trade for the Eighth Runelord. She is an independent operator, a mistress of disguise and the arts of treachery, always first on the betrayal when treachery is in the air, never where an ambush is set for her, and with turn-of-the-last-millenium techniques for gathering and processing information. That last bit said, she is remarkably effective at keeping tabs on almost anything and everything. But her prices can get very high.

"Peachy. So what is her involvement in all this - trying to play both sides against the middle, or just profiting from others' strife and intrigue?"


And it's time for me to commute home. I'll try to log back on in an hour or so! :)


The Dalesman wrote:
"Peachy. So what is her involvement in all this - trying to play both sides against the middle, or just profiting from others' strife and intrigue?"

The latter I would say. Sometimes the only obvious profit she seems to derive is her own amusement, or perhaps the furtherment of the causes of chaos and anarchy.

Her information, if paid for, is always good - she would not have the reputation she enjoys if it were not - but it may not be completely to the hearer's liking.
If your master has been conspiring to kill your mutual lord, your brother has been having an adulterous affair with your wife, or your most trusted servant has been defrauding you for years, odds are she will know, and may offer to sell you the bad news.
She makes my life a little awkward at times, the goblin looks embarrassed, given some of the women I associate with in my line of duty and their jealous and not nearly-so-charming husbands.


Yames Boornd wrote:

The latter I would say. Sometimes the only obvious profit she seems to derive is her own amusement, or perhaps the furtherment of the causes of chaos and anarchy.

Her information, if paid for, is always good - she would not have the reputation she enjoys if it were not - but it may not be completely to the hearer's liking.
If your master has been conspiring to kill your mutual lord, your brother has been having an adulterous affair with your wife, or your most trusted servant has been defrauding you for years, odds are she will know, and may offer to sell you the bad news.
She makes my life a little awkward at times, the goblin looks embarrassed, given some of the women I associate with in my line of duty and their jealous and not nearly-so-charming husbands.

Back for the next hour starting...now! ;)

"I could see how that could be a problem, yeah..."


"So is anything else going on at the Place of Wind, or is there some other place everyone has gone off to?"


Ready when you are Lord of All Insects!

Slowly the clicking stops and silence falls in the halls of the Sanctum. The lack of sound begins to unnerve the dromites.


The Dalesman wrote:
"So is anything else going on at the Place of Wind, or is there some other place everyone has gone off to?"

I'm not clear. I believe there was talk of mustering forces on the plains of RPG; I don't know if that is some sort of bluff or if they have solid information that the vampire and her forces who attacked the Place of Winds will show up there.

The Eighth Runelord is currently more concerned about itinerent gypsies, although it turns out some of them may have been near here recently, and it strikes me that perhaps they could have something to do with the unluck fetishes I hear Sunny G has his servants scouring this place for.


Yames Boornd wrote:

I'm not clear. I believe there was talk of mustering forces on the plains of RPG; I don't know if that is some sort of bluff or if they have solid information that the vampire and her forces who attacked the Place of Winds will show up there.

The Eighth Runelord is currently more concerned about itinerent gypsies, although it turns out some of them may have been near here recently, and it strikes me that perhaps they could have something to do with the unluck fetishes I hear Sunny G has his servants scouring this place for.

"Are these gypsies working for Innocent Blood then?"


He gives the impression he thinks that they or their master are working for something more subtle and dangerous than the vampire and her army.


Yames Boornd wrote:

He gives the impression he thinks that they or their master are working for something more subtle and dangerous than the vampire and her army.

"Lovely. Any thought as to who this 'Quiet One' is, or at least who it is not? And do the others know this already?"


All I know at the moment is that I've been told to observe any gypsy movements, see who they associate with, track if possible, but not to approach to within earshot. And to keep an eye on what Shovastika is upto, in case she seems particularly interested in them.


Devlyn nods.
"Alright - thanks for the information. Now we have some idea of what's going on, at least."

He looks over at Allura.
"The Place of Wind is the only other place we haven't looked, and it doesn't look like we can do anything for Alaina here. I guess we should go there next and see what else we can find out."


The goblin nods to the Dalesman and Allura, finishes his cocktail, and slips off around a pillar.


And that does it for me tonight. Devlyn is going to head to the Place of Wind next unless some compelling reason not to go crops up.

Lynora, if you want to take these two over there tonight so they can get up to speed with everything, that's alright by me. Otherwise I'll do it when I log in tomorrow morning. DB3 has been very patient - I need to put Devlyn someplace where Shadow Pelt can find him, assuming schedules align properly ;)

Have a good night everyone! :)

Shadow Lodge

The Dalesman wrote:

DB3 has been very patient - I need to put Devlyn someplace where Shadow Pelt can find him, assuming schedules align properly ;)

Have a good night everyone! :)

Shadow Pelt will be whereever Innocent Blood's army is, sooner or later Devlyn and the army will be in the same place. :)


Cyber Dragonborn wrote:

Ready when you are Lord of All Insects!

Slowly the clicking stops and silence falls in the halls of the Sanctum. The lack of sound begins to unnerve the dromites.

The dromites begin to chitter amongst themselves. At first, it wasn't the nolise of scrapping metal, it was the vibration it produced that alerted them to potential danger. Silent as the grave, their eyes flash in union and a message is sent to someone else in the Sanctum. The other two prepare a make-shift defense.

Prcognition

"Defend yourselves," utters the Lord of All Insects, his eyes flash brigthly.


Dragonborn3 wrote:
The Dalesman wrote:

DB3 has been very patient - I need to put Devlyn someplace where Shadow Pelt can find him, assuming schedules align properly ;)

Have a good night everyone! :)

Shadow Pelt will be whereever Innocent Blood's army is, sooner or later Devlyn and the army will be in the same place. :)

Not really. The Dalesman is only online during the day (US Eastern time anyways), and the fighting with innocent blood's army is scheduled for evening. Just a heads up.


Lord of All Insects wrote:

The dromites begin to chitter amongst themselves. At first, it wasn't the nolise of scrapping metal, it was the vibration it produced that alerted them to potential danger. Silent as the grave, their eyes flash in union and a message is sent to someone else in the Sanctum. The other two prepare a make-shift defense.

Precognition

"Defend yourselves," utters the Lord of All Insects, his eyes flash brigthly.

As the dromites begin to make their defense, one turns away to grab something needed. When it(he/she?) turns back, the other dromite is gone.

This evening? Anyway, not all parts of the battle need to be taken care of during the night. And Shadow pelt can always attack when the battle is over, hoping to catch Devlyn off guard(but not while he is somewhere doing something 'private'. ;p


Cyber Dragonborn wrote:

This evening? Anyway, not all parts of the battle need to be taken care of during the night. And Shadow pelt can always attack when the battle is over, hoping to catch Devlyn off guard(but not while he is somewhere doing something 'private'. ;p

Tomorrow evening if I recall correctly. And yes, attacking Devlyn either before or after would work out fine.


Sunny Godhead wrote:


The sun deity concentrates and uses Legend Lore to assess the situation between Alaina and himself. He uses his persoanal archive to access the situation.

"You know, you're my herald. You should be able to return to body of your own free will."

Sunny G:

Spoiler:
By using his divine focus he should be able to give her body 'the breath of life' and allow her spirit to rejoin it


... wrote:
Sunny Godhead wrote:


The sun deity concentrates and uses Legend Lore to assess the situation between Alaina and himself. He uses his persoanal archive to access the situation.

"You know, you're my herald. You should be able to return to body of your own free will."

Sunny G:

** spoiler omitted **

"Ah, I see. That's something I have yet to teach you. Do I feel rather foolish."

Summoning his divine focus, Sunny G exhales a radiance of warm colors or orange, yellow, and gold across Alaina's soul and physical form. There's is the pleasent aroma of scented almonds and spearmint as her forms merge into one.


Alaina inhales shrply, and convulses. She sits up and looks around

I has the oddest dream.

She sees Sunny G

What happened boss? Why are you standing above me? Where did that blue evil guy go?


Good Morning folks!

Alaina hears Devlyn's voice from near the omniportal, calling out jokingly:

"I go to all the trouble of getting proper attire for the next time you get knocked out, and you don't even have the decency to lose your clothes!? What is the world coming to?!" :P

Devlyn and Allura walk over and give her a quick hug.

"Glad to see you're okay, Alaina. I wish we could stay, but there's apparently something brewing at the Place of Wind - Innocent Blood tried to cause some trouble there, and she may be coming back with an army behind her. We're heading there to check things out and find out where LJ, the Tree Emperor and the others are, since the Grove of Ancients appears to be 'empty' at the moment..."


lynora wrote:
Cyber Dragonborn wrote:

This evening? Anyway, not all parts of the battle need to be taken care of during the night. And Shadow pelt can always attack when the battle is over, hoping to catch Devlyn off guard(but not while he is somewhere doing something 'private'. ;p

Tomorrow evening if I recall correctly. And yes, attacking Devlyn either before or after would work out fine.

Ouch... ;P


The Dalesman wrote:
lynora wrote:
Cyber Dragonborn wrote:

This evening? Anyway, not all parts of the battle need to be taken care of during the night. And Shadow pelt can always attack when the battle is over, hoping to catch Devlyn off guard(but not while he is somewhere doing something 'private'. ;p

Tomorrow evening if I recall correctly. And yes, attacking Devlyn either before or after would work out fine.
Ouch... ;P

Sorry about that :)


lynora wrote:

Sorry about that :)

:)

Off to the Place of Wind, then? I think Patrick's already gone to work.


Nope, got the day off. (But of course as a homeowner I don't actually ever get a 'day' off LOL)


Patrick Curtin wrote:
Nope, got the day off. (But of course as a homeowner I don't actually ever get a 'day' off LOL)

Never - and the garden owns you today I'm guessing :P


The Dalesman wrote:
Patrick Curtin wrote:
Nope, got the day off. (But of course as a homeowner I don't actually ever get a 'day' off LOL)
Never - and the garden owns you today I'm guessing :P

That, the garage and the dump :P


Patrick Curtin wrote:
The Dalesman wrote:
Patrick Curtin wrote:
Nope, got the day off. (But of course as a homeowner I don't actually ever get a 'day' off LOL)
Never - and the garden owns you today I'm guessing :P
That, the garage and the dump :P

Fun. Try not to get injured! :)


Devlyn looks back to Allura.
"Now that we know Alaina's alright, shall we go to the Place of Wind and find the others?"


The Dalesman wrote:

Devlyn looks back to Allura.

"Now that we know Alaina's alright, shall we go to the Place of Wind and find the others?"

"Okay. Assuming they're even there. It seems like right now everyone is running around in different directions, and we're trying to play catch up," she says with a wry smile. "Should you give one of those communication crystals to Alaina?"


Alaina, the Fire Flower wrote:

Alaina inhales shrply, and convulses. She sits up and looks around

I has the oddest dream.

She sees Sunny G

What happened boss? Why are you standing above me? Where did that blue evil guy go?

We were attacked in the sanctum The blue man that attacked you is gone Alaina. He has returned to his realm of death and failure. Lynora had to retrieve your soul from the Realms of Dreams.

Sunny G is still in his physical form


Sunny G. suddenly jerks his head. "Eh! What was that! Lord of All Insects says theirs trouble in the lower depths of my Sanctum."

He looks at the others, "I could use your assistance."


Alaina stands up

I'm with you boss.

She follows her diety out


Allura wrote:
"Okay. Assuming they're even there. It seems like right now everyone is running around in different directions, and we're trying to play catch up," she says with a wry smile. "Should you give one of those communication crystals to Alaina?"
Alaina, the Fire Flower wrote:

Alaina stands up

I'm with you boss.

She follows her diety out

"Thanks for reminding me, love. Wait - take this, Alaina!"

Devlyn tosses her a small crystal.

"It's a communication crystal that Kaelar created. It allows us to communicate from different (and distant) locations (i.e - even if people are in different threads). I have a feeling they're going to come in handy soon."


Sunny Godhead wrote:

Sunny G. suddenly jerks his head. "Eh! What was that! Lord of All Insects says theirs trouble in the lower depths of my Sanctum."

He looks at the others, "I could use your assistance."

"Glad to help," he says to Sunny G.

"I guess we're staying here for few more minutes then," he says to Allura as they follow Sunny G. and Alaina.


A message from Mirathan comes over the crystals...

The battle will be on land but I will not let the landwalkers carry this burden alone. I head to the RPG thread to do battle with death. Do not overfeed Ethelbert.


Mirathan wrote:

A message from Mirathan comes over the crystals...

The battle will be on land but I will not let the landwalkers carry this burden alone. I head to the RPG thread to do battle with death. Do not overfeed Ethelbert.

"Now we know they work - thank you Kaelar!" Devlyn says.

"Mirathan - Allura and I are at the Sanctum now, possibly investigating an intruder for Sunny G. If the Tree Emperor and his ilk are over there, let me know - The Grove was empty when we went by, and I want to make sure it's for a good reason."


The Dalesman wrote:
Mirathan wrote:

A message from Mirathan comes over the crystals...

The battle will be on land but I will not let the landwalkers carry this burden alone. I head to the RPG thread to do battle with death. Do not overfeed Ethelbert.

"Now we know they work - thank you Kaelar!" Devlyn says.

"Mirathan - Allura and I are at the Sanctum now, possibly investigating an intruder for Sunny G. If the Tree Emperor and his ilk are over there, let me know - The Grove was empty when we went by, and I want to make sure it's for a good reason."

All the creatures of the land are gathered here, but they say more are at the Grove...Ayyh! The have whales that walk on land!


Mirathan wrote:
All the creatures of the land are gathered here, but they say more are at the Grove...Ayyh! The have whales that walk on land!

"Whales that...oh. Yeah, they would look like that," he chuckles under his breath. "Alright, that's one less worry on my mind. Thanks for the update!"


Cyber Dragonborn wrote:
Lord of All Insects wrote:

The dromites begin to chitter amongst themselves. At first, it wasn't the nolise of scrapping metal, it was the vibration it produced that alerted them to potential danger. Silent as the grave, their eyes flash in union and a message is sent to someone else in the Sanctum. The other two prepare a make-shift defense.

Precognition

"Defend yourselves," utters the Lord of All Insects, his eyes flash brigthly.

As the dromites begin to make their defense, one turns away to grab something needed. When it(he/she?) turns back, the other dromite is gone.

The other Dromites squeal in unexpected terror and suddenly flare with a strong bright light. The Lord of All Insects grits his chitinous teeth in anticipation. Chitinous blades extract from his foreamrs. Then suddenly his body blurs out of existance slightly.


Alaina grabs her new sun armor and her flame lance, readying herself for yet another battle

What's the scoop boss?


Alaina, the Fire Flower wrote:

Alaina grabs her new sun armor and her flame lance, readying herself for yet another battle

What's the scoop boss?

"Something's got the Dromite janitors riled up and they ask the Lord of All Insects to investigate. Says there's something unnatural with the shadows down in the lower portions of the Sanctum. Shadows.... If this is another attack, someone or someones are regret bringing rain to my proverbial sunny picnic. I've tried to contact the Lord, but I cannot reach him."


Sunny Godhead wrote:
Alaina, the Fire Flower wrote:

Alaina grabs her new sun armor and her flame lance, readying herself for yet another battle

What's the scoop boss?

"Something's got the Dromite janitors riled up and they ask the Lord of All Insects to investigate. Says there's something unnatural with the shadows down in the lower portions of the Sanctum. Shadows.... If this is another attack, someone or someones are regret bringing rain to my proverbial sunny picnic. I've tried to contact the Lord, but I cannot reach him."

"Well, working in the shadows is something I'm fairly good at. Tell me where to go and I can check it out unobtrusively if you'd like."


The Dalesman wrote:
Sunny Godhead wrote:
Alaina, the Fire Flower wrote:

Alaina grabs her new sun armor and her flame lance, readying herself for yet another battle

What's the scoop boss?

"Something's got the Dromite janitors riled up and they ask the Lord of All Insects to investigate. Says there's something unnatural with the shadows down in the lower portions of the Sanctum. Shadows.... If this is another attack, someone or someones are regret bringing rain to my proverbial sunny picnic. I've tried to contact the Lord, but I cannot reach him."

"Well, working in the shadows is something I'm fairly good at. Tell me where to go and I can check it out unobtrusively if you'd like."

I have to leads us there. I can sense them, but the shadows seem to muddling any divination magics. Bring light bearing magic and alchemy.

Sunny G proceeds to the general direction of the Lord of All Insects


Alaina's lange ignites like a large torch. She follows Sunny G


Devlyn pulls up his cowl, and he and Allura go with them.

401 to 450 of 1,235 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Forum Games / The Sanctum of the Sun All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.