The Oasis of Still Water


Forum Games

1,051 to 1,100 of 1,863 << first < prev | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | next > last >>

Had to check Mirathan's profile for that last post from him. Warning! Invisible posts alert!


It burns, and hurts like a b+~+@. :)

EDIT: Mirathan is a Watcher, posted above water on a rock outcropping. A lot of time would have to pass, 1 hour plus, to do harm.


The Bone Servants wrote:

Down to one on one fights, it's clear that whilst these creatures have some sort of ability to fight co-operatively, as part of a pack or group, that they aren't nearly so good at coping on their own.

The last two quickly go down, finished off by Nimora and Mirathan. The skeletons on the ground rapidly start to dessicate, and crumble away into a fine grey ash.
The Oasis defenders stand there panting and sweating beneath the sun.

How good is it for aquatic subtype characters such as Nimora and Mirathan to be fighting out in the air, under the sun, irrespective of whether or not the bard's tattoos allow them to respire normally?

The tattoos allow them to breathe and move normally on land. Basically a reverse Pearl of the Sirines. So it should negate the penalties that they would normally take for being out of the water.


Auruns pulls a vial from his belt, and knocks it back. Then he looks over and sees Nimora and Mirathan's states. He pulls a couple more vials out, and offers them to Nimora and Mirathan.
Goblin healer's potions?
These things work on goblins; I don't know if they will on other races; perhaps they might but will have a nauseating effect for a short while?


I is be think that we should be check on the others, and be see if Allura can be help with wounds.


Nimora Orlbereth wrote:
I is be think that we should be check on the others, and be see if Allura can be help with wounds.

Or the water. The water heals.


You go check if you want. The goblin shivers. I not so happy to fight things where the only weapons I have available shrivel up and rot away.
I stay here, collect samples of powder they turn to, and watch for more coming.
A sage in the bazaar maybe able to tell Auruns later more about what these things might be or where they come from.


Mirathan wrote:
Nimora Orlbereth wrote:
I is be think that we should be check on the others, and be see if Allura can be help with wounds.
Or the water. The water heals.

OKay. Water first. Can always go be find Allura after. I is no so much like fight on land after all.


Nimora Orlbereth wrote:
Mirathan wrote:
Nimora Orlbereth wrote:
I is be think that we should be check on the others, and be see if Allura can be help with wounds.
Or the water. The water heals.
OKay. Water first. Can always go be find Allura after. I is no so much like fight on land after all.

Mirathan makes it to the edge of the pond, staggering like a drunk. Nimora mistakes it for land legs at first. He pitches forward into the water, turning it cloudy with his blood. Looking back, a trail of his blood stains the sand.


Since the other two don't seem interested in his healing, the goblin puts the vials away and busies himself with collecting into a pouch some samples from the remains of the skeletons defeated here, then climbs up the nearest tree.
This time he is doing it to try to stay out of harm's way, though he will shout if he sees any more.
If anyone wants, they can fight the other group of six in the Oasis, based off this encounter.
I'm off to bed here in the UK...


Nimora hurries to the water, diving in after Mirathan. She doesn't want a repeat of the last time she found his body floating in the pool. She tries to bind his wounds with seaweed.
Please, do not be dying. I go get help.


Bad wounds, but not deadly. 1st land battle, adrenaline rush ending, and blood loss to make him woozy. Seaweed and the pool's water will help. Spells will speed up the process.


Nimora leaves Mirathan in as safe a place as she can find, giving Ethelbert firm instructions to keep watch over him. Then she goes to find Allura.


I had a warm safe place once......but I forgot where it is.


lynora, let me know when you're logged in, and we can figure out how to set this little incursion up with Charles. My guess is that it will be mildly humorous, but we need to talk about that first... :)


The Dalesman wrote:
lynora, let me know when you're logged in, and we can figure out how to set this little incursion up with Charles. My guess is that it will be mildly humorous, but we need to talk about that first... :)

I'm on for the next twenty minutes, then I have to leave for an hour or so and then I'll be back for a couple hours. Charles said we could go ahead and take care of the skeletons, I thought, since he already assumed we'd taken them out. But yes, getting caught in a er, compromising position by undead is mildly humorous :)


Allura wrote:
But yes, getting caught in a er, compromising position by undead is mildly humorous :)[/ooc]

Must refrain from jokes...PG-13...skeletons...bones...


Allura wrote:
The Dalesman wrote:
lynora, let me know when you're logged in, and we can figure out how to set this little incursion up with Charles. My guess is that it will be mildly humorous, but we need to talk about that first... :)
I'm on for the next twenty minutes, then I have to leave for an hour or so and then I'll be back for a couple hours. Charles said we could go ahead and take care of the skeletons, I thought, since he already assumed we'd taken them out. But yes, getting caught in a er, compromising position by undead is mildly humorous :)

Works for me - we can just assume it already happened to save time, and since you've got things to do in RL today. Then we can just make up what happened and 'season to taste' with the humor if you like. ;)


Jack Hammer wrote:
Allura wrote:
But yes, getting caught in a er, compromising position by undead is mildly humorous :)[/ooc]
Must refrain from jokes...PG-13...skeletons...bones...

Yes...yes you must refrain ;P


*The Bard and Rio come running over a dune, but stop when they see the trouble has past. Oroth and Aidan also appear on a sand dune, though moving slowly and bleeding sluggishly from several small wounds.*


"Sorry I wasn't here sooner, but this wasn't the only part of the Oasis to be attacked. Does anyone know who sent those things?"

*when he notices all the injuries, water flows from him and heals those it touches.*

Did anyone check to see if more were on the way?"


Kaelar! Oh, thanking you I is. I was being so worry about Mirathan. I was being go find Allura, but now is not needing. Though I should I supposing be check to making sure they is okay. Those were being very not nice things.


From back in the trees the others can hear Devlyn's voice yelling out:

"Is everybody alright!? Who's in the worst shape?"


It is being okay now, Devlyn. We is not any longer being hurt. Are you two being okay too?


It has suddenly occurred to me that the Oasis has recently acquired several occupants who are considerably underage, she murmured uncomfortably. I don't suppose you have an extra shirt handy?
She is blushing as she holds up the remains of her own garment that had been slashed by undead claws before they realized they were being attacked.
I'd rather not go out to the main area like this...


Nimora Orlbereth wrote:
It is being okay now, Devlyn. We is not any longer being hurt. Are you two being okay too?

Devlyn peeks out of the treeline, with Allura behind him. It doesn't appear that he has much on in the way of clothing at the moment. There are wounds on his chest, but they are rapidly closing.

"We're okay, just a bit underdressed for the occasion," he says, shaking his head with a sardonic grin."I think we got the last of them - let's get everybody together at the main pool and get our facts straight on what just happened."


Allura wrote:

It has suddenly occurred to me that the Oasis has recently acquired several occupants who are considerably underage, she murmured uncomfortably. I don't suppose you have an extra shirt handy?

She is blushing as she holds up the remains of her own garment that had been slashed by undead claws before they realized they were being attacked.

"Here, put this on."

Devlyn hands her one of his tunics, keeping in front of her to protect her modesty. He's holding a palm frond or something for himself at the moment... :P


Allura quickly wriggles into the shirt Devlyn hands her. Still blushing, she whispers, You should probably put some pants on before you step out there.


Allura wrote:
Allura quickly wriggles into the shirt Devlyn hands her. Still blushing, she whispers, You should probably put some pants on before you step out there.

He looks down at himself and sighs.

"You're right. This frond doesn't do a thing for my legs," he says with a chuckle, then grabs up the remains of some regular breeches and slides them on before they step out.


Allura is dressed in Devlyn's shirt, which is fortuneately rather big for her and comes down nearly to her knees. There is still some trace of a blush, but she seems more calm and put together as they step out to join the others.
"What were those things? And does anybody know where they came from?"


Allura wrote:

Allura is dressed in Devlyn's shirt, which is fortuneately rather big for her and comes down nearly to her knees. There is still some trace of a blush, but she seems more calm and put together as they step out to join the others.

"What were those things? And does anybody know where they came from?"

Devlyn is wearing the breeches that go with the shirt, and has his backpack slung over one shoulder. He is holding his weapon belt, sliding his sword back into his belt quiver.

"Yeah - they looked like bleeding skeletons, but fought like a pack of ghouls. I've never seen the likes of them before."


I is no being know, she says with a head shake. The goblin, she points to the tree with Auruns in it was coming run in here shout that undead was being coming and we hurrying as much as was possible to being fight.


"So did you just run across them, Auruns, or did they just appear out of thin air? Did you see anybody like a priest or a 'controller' of some kind?"


Slowly and cautiously, the goblin comes down from the tree.
I was heading back here across the desert to water my lizard, Ozzie, when I saw a group of those things heading this way, too.
Are they all gone?
Auruns not stop to count twice how many there were out there- between two and three human hands' worth Auruns think. Auruns see a dozen attack here, just now, in two groups of six. Are there maybe one or two out there still?


Auruns not see anything other than the group of them marching across the sand.... the goblin concludes.


Auruns the Goblin wrote:

Slowly and cautiously, the goblin comes down from the tree.

I was heading back here across the desert to water my lizard, Ozzie, when I saw a group of those things heading this way, too.
Are they all gone?
Auruns not stop to count twice how many there were out there- between two and three human hands' worth Auruns think. Auruns see a dozen attack here, just now, in two groups of six. Are there maybe one or two out there still?

"Six jumped us while we were in one of the glades", he says, blushing slightly, "but they're all dust now. Nimora, how many did you folks deal with?"


"And Kaelar - what do you think the possibilities are of making something so we can speak with the others at the Grove or the new Temple? I want to make sure everyone else is okay, but I don't know if it's wise to leave the Oasis yet either..."


Mirathan looks much better than he did after the fight.

It seems they attacked in schools of six. We struggled with them more than we would have in the water. Our lack of armor, and our use of sharp weapons versus blunt worked against us. If this was more than a probing attack we would have been outswam...err...overrun?


The Dalesman wrote:

"Six jumped us while we were in one of the glades", he says, blushing slightly, "but they're all dust now. Nimora, how many did you folks deal with?"

There were being six that was being attack us too.


"Alright, we need to find the others and confirm if this was just an isolated incident, or something else entirely," Devlyn says.

"Are they still at this new temple of Alaina's, or have they gone somewhere else?"


Nimora shrugs. As far as I is being know they is still being at the sun temple. You can going to finding them. We will staying here and keeping guard while you is gone.

Scarab Sages

I heard that this was the place for undead to come to get taken care of.....


Nimora Orlbereth wrote:
Nimora shrugs. As far as I is being know they is still being at the sun temple. You can going to finding them. We will staying here and keeping guard while you is gone.

Devlyn nods, though he looks a bit torn.

"I guess I had better then. I also need to talk to Sirone about some permanent guardians to go along with the wards, just in case some of us aren't here."

Looking back over to Allura:
"Shall we pop over to this temple and see who's there?"


Yes, I suppose we should. Although I would guess that a temple of a sun god wouldn't have a lot of trouble with undead...


The Dalesman wrote:
Nimora Orlbereth wrote:
Nimora shrugs. As far as I is being know they is still being at the sun temple. You can going to finding them. We will staying here and keeping guard while you is gone.

Devlyn nods, though he looks a bit torn.

"I guess I had better then. I also need to talk to Sirone about some permanent guardians to go along with the wards, just in case some of us aren't here."

Looking back over to Allura:
"Shall we pop over to this temple and see who's there?"

Are there any reliable birds you know, who can see trouble which walks in coming from miles off?


Allura wrote:
Yes, I suppose we should. Although I would guess that a temple of a sun god wouldn't have a lot of trouble with undead...

"Good point. We'll be back in a little bit," he says to the others. "Stay sharp in case there are more of them out there, okay? I don't want anybody else getting hurt by those things if it can be helped."

Devlyn heads to the omniportal to dial up the Sanctum of the Sun.


Auruns the Goblin wrote:

Are there any reliable birds you know, who can see trouble which walks in coming from miles off?

"There's Sky, though I don't think he's around the Oasis today. I can see if he's at the temple as well. Good idea, Auruns."


Auruns the Goblin wrote:

Are there any reliable birds you know, who can see trouble which walks in coming from miles off?

I'm pretty reliable, and I can spot roadkill like nobody's business.

Mmmmm....roadkill.


Vinny da Vulture wrote:

I'm pretty reliable, and I can spot roadkill like nobody's business.

Mmmmm....roadkill.

Can you being kind enough to keeping lookout for us then?


Nimora Orlbereth wrote:
Can you being kind enough to keeping lookout for us then?

How can I keep a look out for you if you're already here?

Ha ha ha ha ha ha .....Damn! I'm funny.

1,051 to 1,100 of 1,863 << first < prev | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Forum Games / The Oasis of Still Water All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.