The Oasis of Still Water


Forum Games

951 to 1,000 of 1,863 << first < prev | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | next > last >>

Mirathan wrote:


Strange. It would be like me trying to tickle you on land, and us chasing each other. Strange.

Mirathan swims off to leave the 'weirdos' alone, and stays below water to avoid the other weirdo that speaks of shrooms all the time. He leaves his net behind, should Devlyn change his mind.

Nimora shakes her head and follows. She too thought the landwalkers had strange customs, but Mirathan seemed to be a very slow study indeed when it came to understanding them.


Allura wrote:

Allura blushes and swims up to the surface quickly.

"Stupid, stupid, stupid!" she thinks to herself. "First you tell the guy you don't know if you can trust him and then you kiss him. I don't suppose I can convince him it was an accident?"

Sorry, RL delay - had to deal with a client. Perfect timing... ;P

The kiss stopped him dead in his tracks. Allura rockets to the surface as he snaps out of it, and quickly follows her.

"Allura, wait...don't leave!"


The Dalesman wrote:


The kiss stopped him dead in his tracks, so to speak. Allura rockets to the surface as he snaps out of it, and quickly follows her.

"Allura, wait...don't leave."

"I - I'm sorry," she stammered. "I just got caught up in the moment and..."

She is blushing furiously and looks ready to bolt.


Allura wrote:
The Dalesman wrote:


The kiss stopped him dead in his tracks, so to speak. Allura rockets to the surface as he snaps out of it, and quickly follows her.

"Allura, wait...don't leave."

"I - I'm sorry," she stammered. "I just got caught up in the moment and..."

She is blushing furiously and looks ready to bolt.

He's scared to death that she's going to run off, and maybe even leave the Oasis. From such fears are desperate actions borne... :)

He pulls her toward him and kisses her back.
"I swore to you that I wouldn't leave you. Please tell me you won't leave me..."


Nimora Orlbereth wrote:
Mirathan wrote:


Strange. It would be like me trying to tickle you on land, and us chasing each other. Strange.

Mirathan swims off to leave the 'weirdos' alone, and stays below water to avoid the other weirdo that speaks of shrooms all the time. He leaves his net behind, should Devlyn change his mind.

Nimora shakes her head and follows. She too thought the landwalkers had strange customs, but Mirathan seemed to be a very slow study indeed when it came to understanding them.

All that time spent on the rock outcropping as a Watcher has left Mirathan a bit out of touch. ;)


Mirathan wrote:
Nimora Orlbereth wrote:
Mirathan wrote:


Strange. It would be like me trying to tickle you on land, and us chasing each other. Strange.

Mirathan swims off to leave the 'weirdos' alone, and stays below water to avoid the other weirdo that speaks of shrooms all the time. He leaves his net behind, should Devlyn change his mind.

Nimora shakes her head and follows. She too thought the landwalkers had strange customs, but Mirathan seemed to be a very slow study indeed when it came to understanding them.
All that time spent on the rock outcropping as a Watcher has left Mirathan a bit out of touch. ;)

Hey, I appreciate the thought regardless, man. I've got a sinking feeling I may need that net in a few seconds here anyway... :)


The Dalesman wrote:


Hey, I appreciate the thought, man. I've got a sinking feeling I may need that net in a few seconds here anyway...

That's what you get. David starts her off as the Seductress then she gets changed. I could always bring back El-Lina for you, but she is kind of a Black Widow/Preying Mantis...


The Dalesman wrote:


He's scared to death that she's going to run off, and maybe even leave the Oasis. From such fears are desperate actions borne... :)

He pulls her toward him and kisses her back.
"I swore to you that I wouldn't leave you. Please tell me you won't leave me..."

"I don't want to leave," she murmurs, leaning her head on his shoulder.


Allura wrote:
"I don't want to leave," she murmurs, leaning her head on his shoulder.

He holds her close, resting his head on hers.

"Then stay. I didn't mean to upset you or make you feel embarrased. I just wanted you to have fun, and to see you laugh."


Mirathan wrote:
The Dalesman wrote:


Hey, I appreciate the thought, man. I've got a sinking feeling I may need that net in a few seconds here anyway...

That's what you get. David starts her off as the Seductress then she gets changed. I could always bring back El-Lina for you, but she is kind of a Black Widow/Preying Mantis...

Hey now :) I'm doing my best to portray her consistently with how David set her up. It's not my fault he made a confusing character ;)


Mirathan wrote:
The Dalesman wrote:


Hey, I appreciate the thought, man. I've got a sinking feeling I may need that net in a few seconds here anyway...

That's what you get. David starts her off as the Seductress then she gets changed. I could always bring back El-Lina for you, but she is kind of a Black Widow/Preying Mantis...

Heh - I figured you were going to put El-Lina back in play. She is intriguing in that scary, stalker-type way... :)


The Dalesman wrote:
Allura wrote:
"I don't want to leave," she murmurs, leaning her head on his shoulder.

He holds her close, resting his head on hers.

"Then stay. I didn't mean to upset you or make you feel embarrased. I just wanted you to have fun, and to see you laugh."

"No, you didn't upset me. I just - I was afraid...I'm so glad I was wrong. You keep doing that. It's getting really hard not to trust you."


Allura wrote:
Mirathan wrote:
The Dalesman wrote:


Hey, I appreciate the thought, man. I've got a sinking feeling I may need that net in a few seconds here anyway...

That's what you get. David starts her off as the Seductress then she gets changed. I could always bring back El-Lina for you, but she is kind of a Black Widow/Preying Mantis...
Hey now :) I'm doing my best to portray her consistently with how David set her up. It's not my fault he made a confusing character ;)

I think you're playing her spot-on. No complaints here! :)

Allura had a bad past, and she would be slow to trust or let anyone within arm's reach. It's why those two have moved so cautiously with both you and David playing her, even with their obvious attraction.


Allura wrote:
The Dalesman wrote:
Allura wrote:
"I don't want to leave," she murmurs, leaning her head on his shoulder.

He holds her close, resting his head on hers.

"Then stay. I didn't mean to upset you or make you feel embarrased. I just wanted you to have fun, and to see you laugh."

"No, you didn't upset me. I just - I was afraid...I'm so glad I was wrong. You keep doing that. It's getting really hard not to trust you."

Crap - post eaten. One more time...:

He puts a hand on her cheek and smiles at her warmly:
"I'll do my best, Allura. I promise."
He doesn't let go of her, though she could pull away easily should she want to.


The Dalesman wrote:
Mirathan wrote:
The Dalesman wrote:


Hey, I appreciate the thought, man. I've got a sinking feeling I may need that net in a few seconds here anyway...

That's what you get. David starts her off as the Seductress then she gets changed. I could always bring back El-Lina for you, but she is kind of a Black Widow/Preying Mantis...
Heh - I figured you were going to put El-Lina back in play. She is intriguing in that scary, stalker-type way... :)

Oh yeah, both of us will be back in play. Double trouble. ;)


Allura wrote:
Mirathan wrote:
The Dalesman wrote:


Hey, I appreciate the thought, man. I've got a sinking feeling I may need that net in a few seconds here anyway...

That's what you get. David starts her off as the Seductress then she gets changed. I could always bring back El-Lina for you, but she is kind of a Black Widow/Preying Mantis...
Hey now :) I'm doing my best to portray her consistently with how David set her up. It's not my fault he made a confusing character ;)

Yeah he did. Good luck. :)


Priestess of Discord wrote:
The Dalesman wrote:
Mirathan wrote:
The Dalesman wrote:


Hey, I appreciate the thought, man. I've got a sinking feeling I may need that net in a few seconds here anyway...

That's what you get. David starts her off as the Seductress then she gets changed. I could always bring back El-Lina for you, but she is kind of a Black Widow/Preying Mantis...
Heh - I figured you were going to put El-Lina back in play. She is intriguing in that scary, stalker-type way... :)
Oh yeah, both of us will be back in play. Double trouble. ;)

[sarcasm]Oh, my cup runneth over...[/sarcasm] :P

So both still bad to the bone, or maybe one thinking about a life re-evaluation, post-imprisonment...?


The Dalesman wrote:
Priestess of Discord wrote:
The Dalesman wrote:
Mirathan wrote:
The Dalesman wrote:


Hey, I appreciate the thought, man. I've got a sinking feeling I may need that net in a few seconds here anyway...

That's what you get. David starts her off as the Seductress then she gets changed. I could always bring back El-Lina for you, but she is kind of a Black Widow/Preying Mantis...
Heh - I figured you were going to put El-Lina back in play. She is intriguing in that scary, stalker-type way... :)
Oh yeah, both of us will be back in play. Double trouble. ;)

[sarcasm]Oh, my cup runneth over...[/sarcasm] :P

So both still bad to the bone, or maybe one thinking about a life re-evaluation, post-imprisonment...?

More like 'don't get caught, at ALL costs'. But maybe you could 'rescue' her...


The Dalesman wrote:

He puts a hand on her cheek and smiles at her warmly:
"I'll do my best, Allura. I promise."
He doesn't let go of her, though she could pull away easily should she want to.

The urge to flee was there. It was hard to take a chance. She'd been let down so many times before. She looked into his eyes, and decided that this time she wasn't going to give in to those fears. For now she was content to stay right where she was. She smiled back at him.

"You're a unique man, Devlyn, and I mean that in a good way."


Allura wrote:
The Dalesman wrote:

He puts a hand on her cheek and smiles at her warmly:
"I'll do my best, Allura. I promise."
He doesn't let go of her, though she could pull away easily should she want to.

The urge to flee was there. It was hard to take a chance. She'd been let down so many times before. She looked into his eyes, and decided that this time she wasn't going to give in to those fears. For now she was content to stay right where she was. She smiled back at him.

"You're a unique man, Devlyn, and I mean that in a good way."

"Thanks for qualifying that," he says with a laugh. "Usually I get more colorful words with that phrase!" He tickles her nose gently.


El-Lina Solareil wrote:
More like 'don't get caught, at ALL costs'. But maybe you could 'rescue' her...

That thought crossed my mind too after KC's orb showed up. That could be an interesting story arc...


The Dalesman wrote:

"Thanks for qualifying that," he says with a laugh. "Usually I get more colorful words with that phrase!"

Feeling less self-conscious this time, she kisses him again. "I happen to think very highly of you," she says with a smile.


Allura wrote:
The Dalesman wrote:

"Thanks for qualifying that," he says with a laugh. "Usually I get more colorful words with that phrase!"

Feeling less self-conscious this time, she kisses him again. "I happen to think very highly of you," she says with a smile.

Now you did it. You said 'highly'. That summons the shroom chick.


Jack Hammer wrote:

Now you did it. You said 'highly'. That summons the shroom chick.

D'oh! My bad :)


Allura wrote:
The Dalesman wrote:

"Thanks for qualifying that," he says with a laugh. "Usually I get more colorful words with that phrase!"

Feeling less self-conscious this time, she kisses him again. "I happen to think very highly of you," she says with a smile.

When she pulls back, the smile she gets from him says everything.

"And I think the world of you," as he steals another kiss. He keeps telling himself that he needs to stop doing that, but it doesn't seem to be working so well... :)


Jack Hammer wrote:
Now you did it. You said 'highly'. That summons the shroom chick.

That's just great... ;P

OFF TOPIC: Holey rusted iron, Dalesman - I've got over 1,000 posts now! What scares me is that I was at 250-something when I joined this little shindig. Wow...


The Dalesman wrote:
Jack Hammer wrote:
Now you did it. You said 'highly'. That summons the shroom chick.

That's just great... ;P

OFF TOPIC: Holey rusted iron, Dalesman - I've got over 1,000 posts now! What scares me is that I was at 250-something when I joined this little shindig. Wow...

Tell me about it. I had even less posts than that when I got involved in this game, and now with aliases I'm nearly at 2,000. Or did I pass that already? They accumulate so fast, it's hard to keep track. :)


lynora wrote:
The Dalesman wrote:
Jack Hammer wrote:
Now you did it. You said 'highly'. That summons the shroom chick.

That's just great... ;P

OFF TOPIC: Holey rusted iron, Dalesman - I've got over 1,000 posts now! What scares me is that I was at 250-something when I joined this little shindig. Wow...

Tell me about it. I had even less posts than that when I got involved in this game, and now with aliases I'm nearly at 2,000. Or did I pass that already? They accumulate so fast, it's hard to keep track. :)

Yep, you passed that already :)


The Dalesman wrote:
Allura wrote:
The Dalesman wrote:

"Thanks for qualifying that," he says with a laugh. "Usually I get more colorful words with that phrase!"

Feeling less self-conscious this time, she kisses him again. "I happen to think very highly of you," she says with a smile.

When she pulls back, the smile she gets from him says everything.

"And I think the world of you," as he steals another kiss. He keeps telling himself that he needs to stop doing that, but it doesn't seem to be working so well... :)

Determined to enjoy this one moment of perfect happiness, Allura firmly quashes any thoughts that try to poke their pesky heads up at this point :)


Off-topic, we're collecting spell-related jokes *here* to inspire James Jacobs as he takes on antimagic field and all the rest in his edit of the PFRPG.


Time for me to head home. I'm running my Pathfinder game tonight, and will be out of town for the weekend, so I may be out of the loop until Monday. If the looming battle happens, move Devlyn around to best effect. Otherwise, I think those two are perfectly happy where they are :)

I'll try to check in quickly when I get home! :)


Allura wrote:

"And I think the world of you," as he steals another kiss. He keeps telling himself that he needs to stop doing that, but it doesn't seem to be working so well... :)

Determined to enjoy this one moment of perfect happiness, Allura firmly quashes any thoughts that try to poke their pesky heads up at this point :)

Consider them quashed :D


*The Bard has walked out of his forge, and now stand right outside it, holding a needle of some sort.*

"Mirathan, Nimora? Could come over here for a moment please?"


The Bard wrote:

*The Bard has walked out of his forge, and now stand right outside it, holding a needle of some sort.*

"Mirathan, Nimora? Could come over here for a moment please?"

Certainly, Water Champion.


The inquisitive antennae of a rust monster come into view, twitching, from behind a date palm near the bard's forge....


lynora-Jill wrote:
Alaina, the Fire Flower wrote:

The omniportal flashes and the white-bikinied form of Alaina walks down the stair

"Hey everyone how are you?"

She gives LJ a hug

"Sunny Godhead is making a big announcement soon here at the Oasis. He sent me over to tell you all."

Alaina seems quieter than she used to be

Finishing continuity patch.

LJ barely made it back to the Oasis before Alaina showed up. She hugs her friend, noticing the changes.

"Well then we look forward to hearing this announcement. And the bikini is definitely a good look for you," she adds with a smile.

Sorry I coulda sworn you were here already ..*blush*

Alaina smiles

I'll never match you in a bikini, but I think it does suit me well.

Alaina twirls, her blonde-red hair flying

Now we just have to see what Sunny Godhead is up to ..


Undisturbed, the rust monster guzzles a couple of bars of iron, takes an inch off a piece of mithral, then disappears from sight....
Probably gone to sleep that last meal off somewhere....


The Bard wrote:

*The Bard has walked out of his forge, and now stand right outside it, holding a needle of some sort.*

"Mirathan, Nimora? Could come over here for a moment please?"

Of course, Kaelar, she says with a sunny smile.


Sorry for the delay RL game last night.

"I believe I have solved your land/water problem. Taking Pearls of the Sirens, I reversed their properties, allowing water breathers to walk and breath on land with ease. Then, to prevent theft, I crushed them into a fine powder and mix them with ink. Hence this needle. I'm afraid the tattooing process will sting a little bit, but you can get these kind wet right after they are applicated. Just tell me what you want your tattoo to depict and we'll be done soon."


Sanctum of the Sun is now open.


The Bard wrote:

Sorry for the delay RL game last night.

"I believe I have solved your land/water problem. Taking Pearls of the Sirens, I reversed their properties, allowing water breathers to walk and breath on land with ease. Then, to prevent theft, I crushed them into a fine powder and mix them with ink. Hence this needle. I'm afraid the tattooing process will sting a little bit, but you can get these kind wet right after they are applicated. Just tell me what you want your tattoo to depict and we'll be done soon."

Nimora thinks for a moment. I would being like mine to be a waterlily if that is not be too much problem.


The Bard wrote:

Sorry for the delay RL game last night.

"I believe I have solved your land/water problem. Taking Pearls of the Sirens, I reversed their properties, allowing water breathers to walk and breath on land with ease. Then, to prevent theft, I crushed them into a fine powder and mix them with ink. Hence this needle. I'm afraid the tattooing process will sting a little bit, but you can get these kind wet right after they are applicated. Just tell me what you want your tattoo to depict and we'll be done soon."

An electric eel coiled around a trident would be great. Thank you.


*Kaelar gives a small grin, and pulls a small object from within his robes. He places it on the ground and it unfolds into a chair. He gestures for Nimora to sit down so he may begin.*

"Ladies first."


"I is being thank you, Kaelar," Nimora says with a smile as she sits in the chair. She is very interested in watching what he does.


Nimora Orlbereth wrote:
"I is being thank you, Kaelar," Nimora says with a smile as she sits in the chair. She is very interested in watching what he does.

*As The Bard begins to aplly the ink, quitely chants in Aquan. Nimora barely feels the sting of the neddle as it peirces her skin. Light-blue energy seems to flow into the waterlily as it takes form. After an hour of unbroken concentration, Kaelar leans back and sighs.*

"There you go Nimora, a beautiful waterlily. Pretty good for my first try, huh?"

*He turns to Mirathan.*

"Ready?"


*The eagle returns and shifts to his elven form. Then he shouts.*

"Everyone, Brwaaaktor has asked me to tell the Champions that the pale girl comes."

*He stops shouting when people start to gather close enough to hear him just talking.*

"I do not know more than this, and I must warn the other Champions. If the time comes when I am needed, I will be there. Goodbye."

*He flies off to the new Solar Temple*


The Bard wrote:
Nimora Orlbereth wrote:
"I is being thank you, Kaelar," Nimora says with a smile as she sits in the chair. She is very interested in watching what he does.

*As The Bard begins to aplly the ink, quitely chants in Aquan. Nimora barely feels the sting of the neddle as it peirces her skin. Light-blue energy seems to flow into the waterlily as it takes form. After an hour of unbroken concentration, Kaelar leans back and sighs.*

"There you go Nimora, a beautiful waterlily. Pretty good for my first try, huh?"

*He turns to Mirathan.*

"Ready?"

Ready, Water Lord.


Water is sooooo cool!


Guess I should get my metal butt over to the new Hot spot.


Mirathan wrote:

*He turns to Mirathan.*

"Ready?"

Ready, Water Lord.

*Kaelar begins to chant again, and as before, the needle is barely felt. Slowly the trident and eel take form. When the tattoo is finished, The Bard stretches and dabs the ink.*

"There you go. I put a little extra magic in both the tattoos, just wait until you go back into the water!"

When they return to the water, the tattoos will move as if alive.

951 to 1,000 of 1,863 << first < prev | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Forum Games / The Oasis of Still Water All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.