The Grove of Ancients


Forum Games

101 to 138 of 138 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

The wicker construct reaches Jack Hammer. With it's massive ape-like fist it smashes him into the ground. The it lifts him up and grabs him with one of it's other hands.

Liberty's Edge

Sorry if this ends up a double post The wicker construct looms above Jack Hammer and with one of it's ape-like fists, pounds him into the ground. Then it picks him up and cradles him in one of it's smaller arms. It seems ablivious to the fact that the bombs are still seeking JH.


Seeing Devlyn in trouble, she casts two spells on the alligator warriors. The first is Mark of Judgement and the other is Mark of Doom.

Spoiler:
Mark of Judgement heals your wounds whenever you score a hit on the marked opponent. Mark of Doom causes them to take damage anytime they attack you.


Soon JH is covered by metal and paralyzed cultists. The timers on their bombs slowed. The magnetic field gets stronger and stronger. It must be released.

JH is pummeled by the wicker construct, releasing the energy. Its grasp is torn by the pieces of metal. Two of the ticking bombs detonate mere seconds apart. Just as his body is thrown one direction it is hit by the second blast. He ends up being blasted straight thru the construct and into the Bookkeeper's desk. Cultists bodies fly in all directions, hitting the machines lining the walls or the ceiling or anyone unlucky enough to be in their path. Their bombs and grenades begin to explode and the walls of this place shake with the force.

EDIT: Oops, missed it. Adjusted above.


Seeing the robots approaching AoV, Poetry runs and begins scaling the creatures back. She snags Allura's ransuer as she runs past. "Just borrowing," she shouts. Scaling the robot, she finds an open joint. "This is going to hurt," she mumbles as she shoves the ranseur into the joint. Lightning arcs out across the exposed metal skin. Massive tremors rock the robot as sonic vibration rattles it's insides. Poetry falls from the machine and lands on the ground stunned.

Liberty's Edge

The wicker construct is seriously damaged by the explosions. It ignores the fact tha JH is free and uses the remaining arms to grab the zombies and other dead bodies. As it holds them to it's frame the bodies absorb into the construct, and it begins to reform. "I have seen enough," Ethisa says. "Servants of Lord Jack, let us leave this place." The construct shambles back to her side and the remaining alligator warriors break from battle and join her as well. As strange bluish light envelops them and they disappear. "Enjoy your victory heroes. In winning this battle, you have lost the war indeed."


Crap - my entire post vanished. Lovely... :P

Devlyn kills the warrior who was biting him as he tries to withdraw, but that distracts him long enough for the others to get away. He scans the room for any other threat, then returns to his normal form, grimacing at the pain in his arm.

"They shouldn't have run so soon, even if this was a minor outpost..."

He goes over to Allura to make sure she is alright, then checks Poetry to see if she is alive and helps her up, then gets the others to sound off.

The Exchange

The Masked Titan wrote:
The wicker construct is seriously damaged by the explosions. It ignores the fact tha JH is free and uses the remaining arms to grab the zombies and other dead bodies. As it holds them to it's frame the bodies absorb into the construct, and it begins to reform. "I have seen enough," Ethisa says. "Servants of Lord Jack, let us leave this place." The construct shambles back to her side and the remaining alligator warriors break from battle and join her as well. As strange bluish light envelops them and they disappear. "Enjoy your victory heroes. In winning this battle, you have lost the war indeed."

"What was that about," Angel says as she returns to human form.


The Dalesman wrote:

He goes over to Allura to make sure she is alright, then checks Poetry to see if she is alive and helps her up, then gets the others to sound off.

"I'm alright," Allura says as she casts a healing spell on Poetry. "But I sense that all is not as it should be at the Clubhouse."


Poetry groans and stirs as Allura's healing spell takes affect. "Did anyone get the liscence plate of the tarrasque that ran me over?" she asks.


"Then we need to go back. Do we try to see if this place has any information we can use against these guys first, or just blow it to oblivion now?"


Alaina and Acme come porting in. They look about in confusion

We were right behind you guys, what happened?


*BEEP*

My interior sensors indicate we were sequestered in a time loop for some time Miss Alaina.


Alaina, priestess of Calistria wrote:

Alaina and Acme come porting in. They look about in confusion

We were right behind you guys, what happened?

Looking at Allura after what she just said:

"I think we may have been set up. We need to get back to the Jack Clubhouse. We may need some healing too, if you can..." as he looks down at the prodigious amount of holes in his body. He concentrates, grimacing a bit, and his wounds start to close, kicking out the bullets still there (if any).

"By the nine hells, those things hurt..."


Alaina spread some healing around

I think we might have walked into a trap. We need to regroup, but first we need to shut this place down. Acme?


*BEEP*

I will stay behind and sabotage the area Miss Alaina. You all should return to the Jack's Clubhouse.


Acme Robot wrote:

*BEEP*

I will stay behind and sabotage the area Miss Alaina. You all should return to the Jack's Clubhouse.

As they head back through the gate, Devlyn says:

"Acme - make sure there isn't any information laying about here that we can use, if you can. I'm sure they cleaned house already, but someone could have been sloppy."


The Dalesman wrote:
Alaina, priestess of Calistria wrote:

Alaina and Acme come porting in. They look about in confusion

We were right behind you guys, what happened?

Looking at Allura after what she just said:

"I think we may have been set up. We need to get back to the Jack Clubhouse. We may need some healing too, if you can..." as he looks down at the prodigious amount of holes in his body. He concentrates, grimacing a bit, and his wounds start to close, kicking out the bullets still there (if any).

"By the nine hells, those things hurt..."

"Of course," Allura says. She waves her hand and the wounds immediately begin healing.


The Seductress wrote:
The Dalesman wrote:
Alaina, priestess of Calistria wrote:

Alaina and Acme come porting in. They look about in confusion

We were right behind you guys, what happened?

Looking at Allura after what she just said:

"I think we may have been set up. We need to get back to the Jack Clubhouse. We may need some healing too, if you can..." as he looks down at the prodigious amount of holes in his body. He concentrates, grimacing a bit, and his wounds start to close, kicking out the bullets still there (if any).

"By the nine hells, those things hurt..."

"Of course," Allura says. She waves her hand and the wounds immediately begin healing.

"Thanks love" he says with the best smile he can muster. "I'm still trying to get the hang of these abilities. The others need healing more than me though. Nevermind - Alaina just took care of that" as a wave of healing eneergy washes over all of them.


*BEEP*

I will scan all remaining codexes and information before I detonate this thread Mr. Devlyn.

Acme starts riffing though any leftover paper


Okay, I have to go and geat ready for my parent eacher conferences. With any luck I'll be able to get back on later today, since I only have to meet with two parents.


Acme Robot wrote:

*BEEP*

I will scan all remaining codexes and information before I detonate this thread Mr. Devlyn.

Acme starts riffing though any leftover paper

"Many thanks, my friend."

Heading back over to the RPG Jack Clubhouse :)


JH awakens behind the Bookkeeper's desk, and begins breaking everything in sight, oblivious to the fact that his left arm isn't moving and the numerous wounds on his body. The wave of healing from Alaina helps but doesn't seem to register. He looks like a man possessed.

This place must be destroyed. Totally destroyed.


Devlyn's voice cracks through his fugue state, as he yells from the direction of the gate:
JACK!!!!!


JH looks up as the quietness of the room finally registers, then is broken by the Dalesman's call. He sees the signs of battle across the portal.

LYN! He races to the portal and back to the Clubhouse, the look of madness in his eyes.


A raven flies in and views all the carnage. Suddenly, all the zombies which were destroyed rise up and disappear, along with him.
"This will be...very interesting."


Acme finishes recording the information remaining, then sets the machines strewn about to a self-destruct mode. He hurries over to the portal to escape.


Acme reaches the portal but it remains dark. He attempts to access it again, but it seems to be malfunctioning


Acme turns back to the banks of cloning machines and life support systems, but it is too late. An Abyssal voice counts down:

FIVE ... FOUR ... THREE ... TWO ... ONE

The Records Room explodes


A voice can be heard.
"Dammit. This will be very interesting."


A small green figure slips through the cracks of realit into the 'dead' thread and arrives amidst the burnt rubble and embers of the Records Room. He begins to pick over the wreckage. Occasionally, when he finds a piece of metal which might once have been a part of Acme, he can be seen to shed an occasional tear, and to almost reverently tuck the piece of metal away into a specially lined bag of holding.
Not too sure where this might end up going later.


Eventually the small green figure concludes his dismal search, having collected various bits of metal and burnt stone - parts of Acme and parts of the portal. He slips out of the ruins, leaving the rubble to shift and subside again in his wake.


One of the twisted metal fragments WHG's flunkie collects seems to be a CPU of some sort. With a proper technician, perhaps the engrams of Acme could be teased out

If you want to reconstitute him, feel free. I was planning on bringing him back at some point anyway


... wrote:

One of the twisted metal fragments WHG's flunkie collects seems to be a CPU of some sort. With a proper technician, perhaps the engrams of Acme could be teased out

If you want to reconstitute him, feel free. I was planning on bringing him back at some point anyway

I just left the remains at the RPG Jack Clubhouse, having 'taken him home'; I toyed with a crazy Frankenstein scenario, where the Flunkie tries to rebuild/reanimate Acme on his own (maybe using parts scavenged from the Steel Tsar, too), but decided against it and it's upto the Jacks now what they want to do about Acme.


In a dismal corner of the Interthereal Sea a small sargasso of wreckage floats aimlessly in the binary void. The cathode hiss and green flicker of the random ones and zeros dimly illuminate various pieces of equipment and rubble.

A figure floats out of the swarm of bytes swirling about the wreckage. The figure is a red-haired humanoid. It is hard to tell gender since the form is wrapped tightly in a cocoon of barbed chains. The chains wrap right up to the being's face, actually passing through the creature's eye sockets. If there was someone present to guess, the line of the jaw and the fullness of the red lips would indicate an original gender of female. Blood seeps out from the rusty barbed chains, trailing behind the creature like a crimson cloak.

Despite what must be an extremely painful chain habillement, the being is smiling. It searches the rubble, the fact that it has no eyes seemingly no obstacle to sight.

Where is my pretty ..It hisses


The chain-wrapped creature retreives several items from the swirling wreckage after a long period of searching.

Yesss .... with these the dreamer shall wake!

It (she?) drifts off into the greenish byte fog surrounding the shattered remains of the Records Room.

101 to 138 of 138 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Forum Games / The Grove of Ancients All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.
Recent threads in Forum Games
Last one to post wins
Time for the Tomb of Borrors!