The Palace of Skulls


Forum Games

101 to 150 of 232 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>

The raven appears, chuckling.
"Next time you need my help, you should not rely on my wards. Something could happen."


Oddly, a bit of light projects from the raven's eye to the spot where the seed was planted. The soil stirs.


The mask frowns.
"The spirits escaped, for a brief period. It must not happen again, they were about to tell the enemy everything."


A bit of shadow pulls from the wall. A well-dressed zombie in Palace livery appears.

And what exactly is 'everything'? I'm not sure if even the Lord of this place knows what you deem 'everything'.


The Mask wrote:

The raven appears, chuckling.

"Next time you need my help, you should not rely on my wards. Something could happen."

Do not fear trickster. I rely on no one's wards but my own.


El-Lina Solareil wrote:

A bit of shadow pulls from the wall. A well-dressed zombie in Palace livery appears.

And what exactly is 'everything'? I'm not sure if even the Lord of this place knows what you deem 'everything'.

The raven chuckles.

"You'll see. In the meantime, enjoy this show. Soon, I'll send KC's own murderer forth. You'll find that my rather combative servant will be most helpful to my cause.
"I am no trickster, cat. I merely have many...assets. My trickster raven, who can channel my magic, my ripple wolf, the killer of KC, who is virtually unkillable...and my army. I have many assets, you shall see."


I like not your tone mask. Begone!

Repulses the mask from his domain and erects wards to prevent his reappearance.

I am tired of allies who run their own side games. If we are to combat these champions we need to stand together, not stab each other in the back.


Suddenly, half the undead in the entire Palace disappear. A voice can be heard, though it is very quiet.
"Fool. You shall learn to realize that I am your equal in power, at the least. You would do well to realize that things are going to get very...interesting, especially with my new friends Candle Lighter and the Goddess."


Ebony Jaguar chuckles

I would rather not have a scorpion such as yourself as an ally, mask. I cannot trust you not to strike at me as well. Be off with your new friends. Death is patient, and we will be here when your plans lie in ruins...


Ebony Jaguar wrote:

Ebony Jaguar chuckles

I would rather not have a scorpion such as yourself as an ally, mask. I cannot trust you not to strike at me as well. Be off with your new friends. Death is patient, and we will be here when your plans lie in ruins...

"You show wisdom not to trust me, but the end result will be the same. Take care, Ebony Jaguar."


The Mask wrote:
....Take care, Ebony Jaguar."

The shadowed form chuckles, a distressingly hideous sound

I always do ....


A shadow black as ink slithers along the floor towards El-Lina. It rises up behind her. She seems unaware of its presence. It coalesces into the shape of a woman. Quick as a snale she strikes and El-Lina falls. Her form changes to that of a doppelganger. The woman begins removing items from the body, adding some to the others adorning her body. She ends by tossing the body into a portable hole. She continues speaking to the body as she works.

The Mistress is not pleased with your mistakes. The heroes have developed a means to see thru you. Your usefulness is diminished. Perhaps after you have suffered enough she will choose to re-instate you into her service.


A small boom reverberates the room as the Hammer of Death appears.

Ahh, Priestess. I wondered how long it would take before your mistress sent in a bigger dog.


The woman hisses.

It is not the size of the dog that matters, it is the cunning to get close enough to your enemy's throat.

Where have you been hiding large one? We have not heard your hammerstrokes for quite some time.


He was summoning me.

A large evil looking tree appears, fresh blood drips from its branches. The blood trails behind as it approaches.

No more shall the life trees go unchallenged. My kind will bloom whenever one of theirs fall.


Death. Death is all you know. How simple you are.

It is the sweetness of a lingering death that truly satisfies.

The heroes have become hopeless and confused. But not broken. More flock to their banner. Yet for all your bragging whose blood stains that big hammer of yours?

Let me demonstrate the alternative. Watch the pools of blood. The woman's eyes roll back into themselves, first white then the color of the ocean.

Check the Oasis thread. The scene can be seen thru the small pools of blood the Hangman's Tree has shed.

Relish in the aftermath.


Deep fried eyeballs anyone?


Posturing. With that power you could simply kill them.


You'll never get it, will you?


Why did you not help the shark kill this one too?!


*sigh* The shark was but a tool. You give hope then you take it away. You break them.


Priestess of Discord wrote:
*sigh* The shark was but a tool. You give hope then you take it away. You break them.

Suddenly, the Yugoloths fly in.

"Indeed. A mourning enemy can spread despair, a one who has disappeared will not cause it.
"We have returned, to ally with your kind."


A viewer will see that the plant has grown. It is now 3 inches tall, and a small bud is starting to appear.
For anyone trying to touch it:

Spoiler:
There is a powerful recharging Elemental Glyph on it. Touching the plant will cause Board Essence to explode on the offender.


I sense life...plant life...and power...

The Hangman's Tree begins searching the area. Soon he spots the small seedling. He sends a root out to enwrap the seedling and pull it from the floor.


The Hangman's Tree wrote:

I sense life...plant life...and power...

The Hangman's Tree begins searching the area. Soon he spots the small seedling. He sends a root out to enwrap the seedling and pull it from the floor.

Read the previous spoiler.


Kobold Cleaver wrote:
The Hangman's Tree wrote:

I sense life...plant life...and power...

The Hangman's Tree begins searching the area. Soon he spots the small seedling. He sends a root out to enwrap the seedling and pull it from the floor.

Read the previous spoiler.

As the seedling is touched Board essence explodes and hits the Hangman's Tree

Spoiler:
Does the seedling come free? Is the power like a blast of negative energy in this plane? Not sure how to describe. HT is a negative energy being, but shares some traits with plants. Does the root get blasted and shriveled, or does it spread/travel? Feel free to post the outcome. Even death. HT is expendable, but can also be regrown.


Oroth's illusion shimmers into veiw
"It would seem with KC's death an ally has returned. I welcome you to this place of darkness..."


The Hangman's Tree wrote:
Kobold Cleaver wrote:
The Hangman's Tree wrote:

I sense life...plant life...and power...

The Hangman's Tree begins searching the area. Soon he spots the small seedling. He sends a root out to enwrap the seedling and pull it from the floor.

Read the previous spoiler.

As the seedling is touched Board essence explodes and hits the Hangman's Tree

** spoiler omitted **

Treat it as force energy. When Board Essence is used offensively, it is pretty similar.

"Indeed. We have finally freed ourselves, and now we shall have revenge."


Suddenly, a beautiful flower sprouts in the Palace. It seems to shine, in a place of darkness. Undead nearby it are repelled, and only the strongest can stand to be near it. Though it is a struggle. Nobody can manage to destroy it. There is a soft sigh that can be heard. Suddenly, spirits start flying out, of an indeterminate nature. Some of them hesitate, and cannot leave. Some, though, fly straight out without pause. There is a long moment as the spirits who can fly off. Finally, there are only one or two left. There is another soft sigh, and they float back into the flower.


The Earth draws back into itself. There is an opportunity here.


A careful observer will notice a small group of zombies with the symbol of Calistria on them. A raven perches nearby them.
Not really the actual raven.


Ebony Jaguar notes the new zombies and the raven nearby. He chuckles dryly.

Back so soon? Things not work out with your new allies?


The pale slender form of Innocent Blood appears and seats herself near Ebony Jaguar. Something has changed about the vampire, she seems suffused with a fell energy.

Father, I have tapped the power of the Board itself.

Her voice resonates along the dark chamber, rattling the very stones.


The shadowed figure chuckles

My daughter-in-darkness. You have become greater than even I. I am proud of you for this feat. Together we shall rule this board and turn the threads one by one to the Black..


The young-looking vampire laughs, a fell sound that shakes the pyramid

Together? I have merely come to tell you I have outgrown my servitude! Do you think I will stay here in your compromised dwelling? When your enemies come and go as they please?

She points to the flower blooming in the corner

You cannot even stop a flower from growing in this den of failure. Enjoy your petty swamp kingdom 'father'. I go where none can follow...

The pale girl shimmers and disappears


We have missed an opportunity with the Earth. It has strengthened its protections. The block I placed upon the guardian has been torn down. The Nut has been hidden, even from my eyes.

Now, we seem divided. Discord touches even us.


The shadowed figure sighs

Thus ever evil splits its strength and lessens itself. Arrogance is always our Achilles' Heel.

The dark phantom settles back on his calcitic throne.

I see no reason to add my minions to the pyre. Innocent Blood has claimed her independence. So be it. In the end, Death conquers all ..


Yes She does.


Ebony Jaguar wrote:

The shadowed figure sighs

Thus ever evil splits its strength and lessens itself. Arrogance is always our Achilles' Heel.

The dark phantom settles back on his calcitic throne.

I see no reason to add my minions to the pyre. Innocent Blood has claimed her independence. So be it. In the end, Death conquers all ..

The raven nods.

"All too true. It strikes me that what it comes down to is, who will be claimed last? Few mortals want to die. Fewer undead such as yourself wish to be destroyed. But we all are, in the end, or before that.
"I am not here to ally with yourself again, or to serve you. We both know that that will never last, and only lead to inconvenience on both sides. I am here..."
He gestures to the flower.
"To attempt to destroy this. It has allowed a great threat to escape, and if left alive it may allow more to do so. Worst of all, Kobold Cleaver himself. A Lord of the Boards who has been around as long as he could wreck all. It will take much time, but I intend to remove this. Then I will depart, gladly."


A zombie goblin shambles around, moaning tunelessly...

'Muaaaaaah, muah muah muah muaaah,
Muaaahah hah hah, muah hah hah,
Muaaaaaah, muah muah muah,
Muah muah muah muah, muah hah hah.'


After a few more minutes, the goblin shambles off into the shadows where it very quickly becomes a snack for something large, and with a very great many teeth.


The Mask wrote:

.

"I am not here to ally with yourself again, or to serve you. We both know that that will never last, and only lead to inconvenience on both sides. I am here..."
He gestures to the flower.
"To attempt to destroy this. It has allowed a great threat to escape, and if left alive it may allow more to do so. Worst of all, Kobold Cleaver himself. A Lord of the Boards who has been around as long as he could wreck all. It will take much time, but I intend to remove this. Then I will depart, gladly."

The shadowed figure gestures tiredly

Do as you wish, Mask. I am removing myself from this conflict.

The form explodes into dozens of shadows, all racing to the corners of the pyramid's chambers.


The Mask wrote:
It will take much time, but I intend to remove this.

*The earth splits, opening under the flower. When the flower falls into the crack, it slams shut as if it never existed.*


Db3's Narrator wrote:
The Mask wrote:
It will take much time, but I intend to remove this.
*The earth splits, opening under the flower. When the flower falls into the crack, it slams shut as if it never existed.*

Hey! No messing up my self-imposed railroad! ;)

I hope you're planning something with this, because evil creatures are pretty much incapable of affecting the area around the flower.

Shadow Lodge

Sorry. No worries. Let's just someone has more power than they realize...;p

KC only

Spoiler:
If you want to help/get more deatail: dragonborn3@yahoo.com


The shadowy form of a jester appears, lurches then throws up. The form looks at the mess in disgust, then changes into the priestess.

Guess I ate too much junk food. Oh well, it won't go to my hips that way.

Boy, this place is dead. I mean, deader than usual.


A small shadow skitters up to the priestess

Innocent Blood has left to attempt to take on the heroes of the Balance on her own. I have decided to remove myself from the current conflict and observe. There are too many undesirables using my lair as a staging ground.


"And I am trying to track this thing. It has preserved the flower, and so it shall die."


Ebony Jaguar wrote:

A small shadow skitters up to the priestess

Innocent Blood has left to attempt to take on the heroes of the Balance on her own. I have decided to remove myself from the current conflict and observe. There are too many undesirables using my lair as a staging ground.

Hmmm...let's see. Where do the heroes hide? She concentrates for a few moments. I have lost contact with that Oasis place. Perhaps we should disturb its serenity?


I have an idea dark ones. Please hold still.

She walks to the Hammer and places her hands on the sides of his face, tracing his outline down to his feet. As she does so HoD's form changes to that of Jack Hammer.

Next, she places her hands on the Hangman Tree, moving up and down while circling him. When she finishes he bears a striking resemblance to E7.

Last of all, her own form changes. She sprouts wings and transforms herself into LJ.

These are no mere illusions my friends. These will withstand a True Seeing. One impostor may be found, but three...?

101 to 150 of 232 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Forum Games / The Palace of Skulls All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.