Club Calistria


Forum Games

1,401 to 1,450 of 2,256 << first < prev | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | next > last >>

Out until morning - night all! :)

Shadow Lodge

The Dalesman wrote:

Devlyn stands up, shaking his head.

"We need to get some answers here first, since we're down a few people. We just aren't asking the right questions the right way yet."

He activates his Amulet of True Sight and starts scanning the area for anything out of sorts (like an illusion covering up the presence of the bodies, or masking the fact that this isn't really Club Calistria, etc.). When his gaze falls on Oroth, he stops.

"Huh. What do we have here....?" as he adjusts his grip on his blade.

I'm going to finish this tommorrow, sorry about bailing like that.


This is not our month...

Morning all. I'm logged in from home at the moment - my sweety is badly ill again, and I'm pretty sure I'm bundling her off to the doctor around midday. I have no idea how much I'll be able to contribute today, but I'll do my best not to leave anyone hanging if I can help it.

I'm going to apologize in advance just in case I come off a bit snarky today - when I went to pick up my sweety from her work, I found out that her coworkers left her outside in a parking lot alone, cold and getting sick until I showed up to get her. To say that I'm seething mad right now is the understatement of the millenium...


The Dalesman wrote:
...To say that I'm seething mad right now is the understatement of the millenium...

Sorry to hear that man. As someone still affected with the lingering crud, I hope your sweety makes a quick recovery. The bugs flying around this month seem wicked ...


No sweat D-Man. Very BS of her co-workers to do that to her.


Oh man, that was very uncool of them. I don't blame you for being pissed. Hope she feels better soon.


Patrick Curtin wrote:
Sorry to hear that man. As someone still affected with the lingering crud, I hope your sweety makes a quick recovery. The bugs flying around this month seem wicked ...
Jack Hammer wrote:
No sweat D-Man. Very BS of her co-workers to do that to her.
lynora wrote:
Oh man, that was very uncool of them. I don't blame you for being pissed. Hope she feels better soon.

Thanks for the kind words folks - they are appreciated :)

I'm torn between getting medieval on those guys, and not causing any trouble at her job that could affect her. Maybe I just need to get some zen this morning...
And I don't know what it is this month, but you're right, Patrick. These bugs just need to go away and leave us all alone... :P

With luck David, DB9 and I can wrap this little dialogue up shortly and get free to move around a bit. I need to find some good news! ;)


Sirone appears from the water of one of the fountains. "Champions, you must get to the Ancient Grove. Lynora and Jack Hammer are in grave danger."


Sirone, Mistress of the Waves wrote:
Sirone appears from the water of one of the fountains. "Champions, you must get to the Ancient Grove. Lynora and Jack Hammer are in grave danger."

Devlyn curses under his breath.

"Alright Sirone. Can we use the omniportal to get there, or do we need to go by other ways? And has Alaina come to yet?"


"Use the Omniportal, it connects all planes," Sirone says. "The priestess has not yet awakened from her slumber."


Sirone, Mistress of the Waves wrote:
"Use the Omniportal, it connects all planes," Sirone says. "The priestess has not yet awakened from her slumber."

"Got it. When she does wake up, tell her that she may need to make some inquiries about her one surviving hired hand here," as he looks at Oroth.

Devlyn heads to the portal and transits to the Ancient Grove.
Edited because I can't keep up well today... :)

The Exchange

Angel has already left for there.


Angel of Violence wrote:
Angel has already left for there.

Yep - just noticed after I posted (of course) :P


The Dalesman wrote:
Sirone, Mistress of the Waves wrote:
"Use the Omniportal, it connects all planes," Sirone says. "The priestess has not yet awakened from her slumber."

"Got it. When she does wake up, tell her that she may need to make some inquiries about her one surviving hired hand here," as he looks at Oroth.

Devlyn heads to the portal and transits to the Ancient Grove.
Edited because I can't keep up well today... :)

*Oroth follows.*


"I wasn't able to help those here... Aurora?"
*He walks over to his faithful dragon-type, hopes on, and they go into the omniportal, shimmering as armor and weapons appear on their forms.*


As Oreth goes to leave, he meets a strange harliquin garbed man."Greetings young man," he says. "You seem troubled. I'll replace that frown with a grin. Come to my carnival and see just how things are meant to be."


*Oroth raises an eye at this strange man, but follows him.*

The Exchange

Angel steps through the omniportal and walks into the club. "Well seems innocent enough right now. I might as well pour myself a drink." She walks to the bar and pours herself a Dark and Stormy.


The deserted club has an eerie air. There are random splotches of blood about, and most of the seats and tables are turned over. The sky is cloudy, and an occasional spritz of rain falls down.

The Exchange

Angel walks over and rights one of the tables and a chair. Saddly, during her experience in the future, such places have become quite comfortable.


A breeze blows in and whispers in Angel's ear:
Please come to the Oasis. The Lady doesn't want everyone split up. It gives the enemies too many advantages. We will guard here.

The Exchange

Angel sighs and gets up from her chair. She really doesn't want to deal with LJ and JH right now. She understands mentally that her relationship with JH hasn't happened yet, and may never happen. Emotionally though, the feeling are real and the wound hasn't even had time to scab over yet. Still, if there is one thing she understands it's that in war you do what you have to regardless of how you feel.


A loud humming startles the group. A swarm of wasps emerges from the crystal hive on top of the clubhouse. They circle around buzzing and a large wasp hovers in front of them

zzz... you are not welcome ... zzz ... begone!


The Wasp Queen wrote:

A loud humming startles the group. A swarm of wasps emerges from the crystal hive on top of the clubhouse. They circle around buzzing and a large wasp hovers in front of them

zzz... you are not welcome ... zzz ... begone!

I was not aware of animosity between us, winged ones, the air elemental whispers back. We are only here to watch for further incursions and assist you if you need it. Would you truly try to banish the air?


zzz ... intruders have defiled the hive ... zzz

The wasps swirl about agitated


The Wasp Queen wrote:

zzz ... intruders have defiled the hive ... zzz

The wasps swirl about agitated

Yes, winged ones, but they have already gone. We will help you keep guard lest they come back, the wind whispers to the agitated wasps.


*DbJ lands just inside the forest outside the Club and, shifting to his human form, walks to the Club. He stops when he sees what has happened. Then slowly goes into the treehouse to collect some things. He ignores the wasps and the air elemental.*


lynora-Jill wrote:
The Wasp Queen wrote:

zzz ... intruders have defiled the hive ... zzz

The wasps swirl about agitated

Yes, winged ones, but they have already gone. We will help you keep guard lest they come back, the wind whispers to the agitated wasps.

The agitated wasps calm a bit and fly back to their hive. A faint annoyed buzzing can still be heard


DbJ's Human Form wrote:
*DbJ lands just inside the forest outside the Club and, shifting to his human form, walks to the Club. He stops when he sees what has happened. Then slowly goes into the treehouse to collect some things. He ignores the wasps and the air elemental.*

*The items collected, DbJ leaves not spending the time to fully shift, he grows wings for his human form. Leaping into the air, he is gone.*


A crackling form appears on the patio. It levitates several feet above the bluestone surface. Bright blasts of electrical energy arc from the figure, blasting tables and chairs about.

The figure booms

COME OUT. I KNOW YOU ARE HERE.

Another figure, also levitating but wrapped not in electricity but an odd greenish chysalis of arcane runes and numbers emerges from the clubhouse and faces the electric-charged form

YOUR SCRY STONE IS QUITE POTENT. I WOULD HAVE THOUGHT NO ONE COULD PIERCE MY WARDS

The electric-drenched form blasts the other

THIS ENDS NOW BETRAYER!


"Oh. Dear. Me."
Jay Frogskin flies in.p
"STOP! This is a neutral zone! I am prepared to use force!"


The two forms blast each other with beams of eldritch force. The energy pulses over the clubhouse, blowing tables, umbrealls and tiles away. The energies hiss and crakle with power


Frogskin glares.
"That's it! Enough!"
He blasts between to two with Board Essence, to force them apart.
"Stop it, and explain yourselves!"


Frogskin's Board energy seems to not be working, it is being countered by a similar force.


... wrote:
Frogskin's Board energy seems to not be working, it is being countered by a similar force.

He glares, sweating*.

"STOP!"
He draws on the power of the Winds to force the two apart.
*Can birds sweat?


The greenish form gestures and a beam of green symbols strikes Frogskin. The very fabric of the thread stutters. It is Board energy, concentrated to kill.

FLEE OR DIE!!


Innocent Blood wrote:

The greenish form gestures and a beam of green symbols strikes Frogskin. The very fabric of the thread stutters. It is Board energy, concentrated to kill.

FLEE OR DIE!!

"YOU FIRST, SPAWN OF EVIL!!!" He shouts, countering the Board Essence with his own. The two bolts meet in midair, hovering, as each tries to overwhelm the other.


While Innocent Blood is distracted by the raven Alaina blasts her with a concentrated blast of enrgy. The vampire blasts backwards, slamming into the wall of the clubhouse. As she stands a frenzied humming erupts. The wasp colony descends upon her.

Innocent Blood screams and gestures. The wasps are disintegrated by a pulse of green energy that takes the roof of the clubhouse off. She screeches:

INTERTHEREAL EX NIHILO!

A gale-force wind springs up. The entire thread begins to fray, the distant meadows dissolving in a rush of bits and bytes. Alaina screams and attempts to project her energies out to bolster the thread. Innocent Blood blasts her with another beam of green energy.

Both Alaina and Innocent Blood vanish in an explosion of eldritch power, leaving the thread to slowly dissolve into the Deep Interthereal Sea.


Boo. Hiss. Boo. Hiss. Now we need a new place to party.


The Eighth Runelord arrives and speaks a single word of power....
If you want to save the place, or move any part of the surrounding area out to another thread, there's your chance, Patrick.


The Eighth Runelord wrote:

The Eighth Runelord arrives and speaks a single word of power....

If you want to save the place, or move any part of the surrounding area out to another thread, there's your chance, Patrick.

There's only one other with your fashion sense... ;)


Mind if I grab something too?
*Hear the battle, DbJ takes his full draconic form. By the time he returns to the Club, it's dissolving. He manages to grab the treehouse and pull it into the air before it falls. He wings off, flying low while carrying the ex-treehouse.*


The chaos echoes and whirls, scattering random fragments to different parts of other threads. The plot of land where the Messageboard Oracle was buried and anything that was nearby to that disappears to a private location of the Runelord's choosing. Lightning and fire strobe through the remaining debris - an eerie echo of the lights that used to twirl and spin over club-goers - as the club subsides and thrashes into a maelstrom of final dissolution.


The Runelord marks the final death throes of the Club, and scans the debris for certain signs and portents which he has anticipated will indicate Calistria's frame of mind regarding these events.
He notes them, and then he departs, leaving the flotsam bobbing and turning slowly in the interethereal sea.


Jay Frogskin shrugs and departs. Suddenly, Plantjack appears. Seeing the mess, he struggles to hold the thread together.
"As a Servant of the Boards, I cannot in good conscience allow a thread to die!"


Jack Hammer wrote:
Boo. Hiss. Boo. Hiss. Now we need a new place to party.

Seconded. With a passion. Posthumously, but still... ;)


The Dalesman wrote:
Jack Hammer wrote:
Boo. Hiss. Boo. Hiss. Now we need a new place to party.
Seconded. With a passion. Posthumously, but still... ;)

I'm working on a replacement ...never fear ..


Patrick Curtin wrote:
The Dalesman wrote:
Jack Hammer wrote:
Boo. Hiss. Boo. Hiss. Now we need a new place to party.
Seconded. With a passion. Posthumously, but still... ;)
I'm working on a replacement ...never fear ..

Just razzin' you, sirrah. The fact that we miss it is testimony to how much fun you made it for all of us. I can't wait to see what comes next! :)


Plantjack barely holds the thread up for days, though the actual building has long since fallen around him (and on him). Finally, though, he collapses out of exhaustion. The thread begins to collapse on him, threatening to destroy him.
Suddenly, Jay Frogskin flies in.
"Come on, Plant, time to go..." He mutters. He digs around under the rubble and finds Plant. With a quick spell, they both disappear.
The thread collapses.

1,401 to 1,450 of 2,256 << first < prev | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Forum Games / Club Calistria All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.