Club Calistria


Forum Games

1,301 to 1,350 of 2,256 << first < prev | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | next > last >>

"Even if we knew of any likely places to scry, if he's protected from that stuff, he wouldn't show up."

"Did that messenger kitten already leave? Maybe he knows where he went?"


Could this be a trap?

I know it plays into our enemies hands, but we should consider the possibility.

And there's the matter of the enemy. Which one? There seem to be so many these days.


The Dalesman wrote:

"Even if we knew of any likely places to scry, if he's protected from that stuff, he wouldn't show up."

"Did that messenger kitten already leave? Maybe he knows where he went?"

"He went to the true source of the evil. That is all he said. But6 our Viking Kitten lore says that the worst place on the Board is a terrible thread. A thread of bones. Now, I have to go."

The kitten flies off.


Jarl of the Kitten Vikings wrote:
The Dalesman wrote:

"Even if we knew of any likely places to scry, if he's protected from that stuff, he wouldn't show up."

"Did that messenger kitten already leave? Maybe he knows where he went?"

"He went to the true source of the evil. That is all he said. But6 our Viking Kitten lore says that the worst place on the Board is a terrible thread. A thread of bones. Now, I have to go."

The kitten flies off.

"Thanks!" he says to the kitten as he flies off.

"Okay - is that enough information to try a scry, or does anybody know where this place is precisely?"


A place of bones...she looks thoughtful If we're talking about undead, well, those I can fight. I may not be much use against other opponents, but that's one situation where being able to sling around lots of positive energy is really useful.


I gotta go, sorry. Can we continue this later, or something? If not, then that's fine.


lynora-Jill wrote:
A place of bones...she looks thoughtful If we're talking about undead, well, those I can fight. I may not be much use against other opponents, but that's one situation where being able to sling around lots of positive energy is really useful.

"If Jack is right, and it is a trap, there's probably more than just undead there. Maybe we should just try to snatch him out of there and get him back here to cool down and get his wits back about him. If we do that, then we shouldn't send a big group of people in there..."

[EDIT:] Whoops - just saw KC's post...


The Dalesman wrote:
lynora-Jill wrote:
A place of bones...she looks thoughtful If we're talking about undead, well, those I can fight. I may not be much use against other opponents, but that's one situation where being able to sling around lots of positive energy is really useful.

"If Jack is right, and it is a trap, there's probably more than just undead there. Maybe we should just try to snatch him out of there and get him back here to cool down and get his wits back about him. If we do that, then we shouldn't send a big group of people in there..."

[EDIT:] Whoops - just saw KC's post...

It's a good idea, but first we have to figure out where this place even is.

No worries, Dalesman. We're just talking strategy. We're not going to run an attack on the undead without KC and Patrick here.


Good, because I won't be done with my class for about 45 minutes.


lynora-Jill wrote:
The Dalesman wrote:
lynora-Jill wrote:
A place of bones...she looks thoughtful If we're talking about undead, well, those I can fight. I may not be much use against other opponents, but that's one situation where being able to sling around lots of positive energy is really useful.

"If Jack is right, and it is a trap, there's probably more than just undead there. Maybe we should just try to snatch him out of there and get him back here to cool down and get his wits back about him. If we do that, then we shouldn't send a big group of people in there..."

[EDIT:] Whoops - just saw KC's post...

It's a good idea, but first we have to figure out where this place even is.

No worries, Dalesman. We're just talking strategy. We're not going to run an attack on the undead without KC and Patrick here.

That's what I figured. I just hope I'll be available if it does happen - I'm pretty much shut down at 6pm during the week now. KC tends to kill himself off quite frequently though, so I may be worrying about nothing :P


WJ begins mending the bar and cleaning up the mess he made.

Sorry Mistress Alaina. I know this place is supposed to be neutral ground.


In case of Emergency

Stole it from another posting.


Jack Hammer wrote:

In case of Emergency

Stole it from another posting.

"Don't Hurt'em" :)

Dark Archive

Can't Touch This


lynora-Jill wrote:
It's a good idea, but first we have to figure out where this place even is.

"Which means may be too late getting to him. All we may be able to do is sit tight and hope he gets out of there in one piece."

Looks around at the mess.
"Why don't we help get the Club cleaned up for Alaina, and we'll just go from there? I need to do something to keep my mind off of this while we wait..."

Gives Allura a quick smile, then starts helping Warforged Jack out at the bar.


The Dalesman wrote:


Looks around at the mess.
"Why don't we help get the Club cleaned up for Alaina, and we'll just go from there? I need to do something to keep my mind off of this while we wait..."

Now there's an idea we can at least do something about. LJ agrees, clearly flustered by her inability to help the wasp. She adds a few mending spells to WJ's attempts to fix the bar.


lynora-Jill wrote:
The Dalesman wrote:


Looks around at the mess.
"Why don't we help get the Club cleaned up for Alaina, and we'll just go from there? I need to do something to keep my mind off of this while we wait..."

Now there's an idea we can at least do something about. LJ agrees, clearly flustered by her inability to help the wasp. She adds a few mending spells to WJ's attempts to fix the bar.

Knowing that the simple satisfaction of good, honest work can do wonders for the soul, Devlyn gets the rest of the cleanup organized and everybody pitching in so that they can finish in good time.


"I'll help with the landscaping," Allura says, heading for the door.

Got to go teach the Battles of Verdun and the Somme now.


The Seductress wrote:

"I'll help with the landscaping," Allura says, heading for the door.

Got to go teach the Battles of Verdun and the Somme now.

Gift them with knowledge! We'll catch you back here later.


At some point during the cleanup, Devlyn will go up to his room to get a change of clothes. The shirt lying on the floor, and the lingering scent in the room, will give him pause at the threshold.


I almost feel like we're about to get caught up in Verdun with CL and GDK.


The Seductress wrote:
I almost feel like we're about to get caught up in Verdun with CL and GDK.

No kidding.

Allura probably saw Devlyn go in, if she wishes to follow him.


Well, first I had to go look up Verdun on Wikipedia, and then once I understood what you were talking about... Yeah, I can see what you mean. But there may be a few more unexpected twists along the way.:)


The Dalesman wrote:

At some point during the cleanup, Devlyn will go up to his room to get a change of clothes. The shirt lying on the floor, and the lingering scent in the room, will give him pause at the threshold.

Oops, sorry, that was me. I had tacos for lunch. :0


Hangs "Do Not Feed" sign on Jack Hammer :P

And begins the commute home. Back in an hour or so! :)


The Dalesman wrote:

Hangs "Do Not Feed" sign on Jack Hammer :P

And begins the commute home. Back in an hour or so! :)

Oh. I thought you said lingering stench at the threshold gave you pause. If it was scent it wasn't me.

JH gets the french maid outfits out of the storeroom for anyone silly enough to be cleaning after all this time. (Which I'm not!) You know, for the happy hour crowd.

Liberty's Edge

The remains of the Vrock fleet flys overhead in a wide circle, carrying a banner

Visit the Newly Remodeled Club Calistria!


Jack Hammer wrote:

Oh. I thought you said lingering stench at the threshold gave you pause. If it was scent it wasn't me.

JH gets the french maid outfits out of the storeroom for anyone silly enough to be cleaning after all this time. (Which I'm not!) You know, for the happy hour crowd.

Devlyn carefully stows away the shirt in its own container, and gathers up the rest of his things. He locks up, then heads back downstairs and turns in the key. He returns to the bar area.

"Um....what're you doing with all the maid outfits, Jack?"


The Dalesman wrote:

"Um....what're you doing with all the maid outfits, Jack?"

LJ looks at the pile of clothing, head tilted sideways and a bemused look on her face.

I'd like to know that too. And if you think I'm going to wear one of those, think again. The back is much too high. It doesn't give enough room for my wings.


lynora-Jill wrote:
The Dalesman wrote:

"Um....what're you doing with all the maid outfits, Jack?"

LJ looks at the pile of clothing, head tilted sideways and a bemused look on her face.

I'd like to know that too. And if you think I'm going to wear one of those, think again. The back is much too high. It doesn't give enough room for my wings.

Devlyn laughs as he looks around for Allura.


I'm back.


lynora-Jill wrote:
The Dalesman wrote:

"Um....what're you doing with all the maid outfits, Jack?"

LJ looks at the pile of clothing, head tilted sideways and a bemused look on her face.

I'd like to know that too. And if you think I'm going to wear one of those, think again. The back is much too high. It doesn't give enough room for my wings.

We could get one altered...

Aww, forget it. I just figured if someone was silly enough to still be cleaning then
they might be silly enough to wear one.


Jack Hammer wrote:
lynora-Jill wrote:
The Dalesman wrote:

"Um....what're you doing with all the maid outfits, Jack?"

LJ looks at the pile of clothing, head tilted sideways and a bemused look on her face.

I'd like to know that too. And if you think I'm going to wear one of those, think again. The back is much too high. It doesn't give enough room for my wings.

We could get one altered...

Aww, forget it. I just figured if someone was silly enough to still be cleaning then
they might be silly enough to wear one.

LJ laughs. You have the strangest flights of fancy sometimes. There's no need for anyone to still be cleaning because we're finished. I just did the last mending spell and everything looks like we never had a battle here at all.

Her face sombers at the mention of battle. I should really get started on those magic items.

I have my real-life game tonight, so that gives LJ a plausible reason to be out of the action for a few hours.


And it looks like we have nothing for dinner at home, so my sweety and I are going out for dinner tonight.

Devlyn will will check in with Alaina to let her know that he's going to leave the room he was in at the Club (though he may try to get another one later.) He will then tell the gang that he's going to try and get some rest tonight at the Oasis, should they need him. Since LJ is going to be working on magic items anyway, he figures nothing else is going to happen tonight (though he's been wrong before).

See everybody tomorrow! :)


Alaina keeps everyone well-watered and fed as they try to untangle the tangled plots of the evil-doers

ooowie


lynora-Jill wrote:
Well, first I had to go look up Verdun on Wikipedia, and then once I understood what you were talking about... Yeah, I can see what you mean. But there may be a few more unexpected twists along the way.:)

The real tragedy of Verdun is not so much what happened at the battle itself, although it is certainly tragic. The real tragedy of Verdun was that it was simply the entirety of World War I in miniature. At the Somme, for example, the British and French forces moved a total of three miles during the entire offensive, and that was considered a success. The First World War was a 19th century war fought with 20th century technology, and a whole generation paid the price.

Sorry. That's the history teacher in me coming out.


The Seductress wrote:


Sorry. That's the history teacher in me coming out.

No need to apologize. I enjoy learning new things. I had the good fortune to have a history teacher in high school (the sole spot of light in an otherwise dreary movie-happy line-up) who really made history seem interesting. He talked about the events of history like they came from a tabloid newspaper, and I was hooked. I've just never spent any time studying world war I. I couldn't help but learn about the civil war and world war two (stupid, stupid, bad movies) which is why I have no interest in ever hearing another word on the subject of either.:)


Alaina, priestess of Calistria wrote:

Alaina keeps everyone well-watered and fed as they try to untangle the tangled plots of the evil-doers

ooowie

Happy Friday All, and good to hear you're feeling at least a little bit better, Patrick! :)


Morning all. I am feeling a bit better. The damage seems to be muscular not spinal so I will count that as a win

Alaina wakes up and rolls out of her bed. It has been hard trying to keep track of who is on who's side. It almost made her want to just chuck the whole thing and go back to drinking and dancing. However, there were people counting on her.

She pads to her closet and dresses in bikini, shorts and mesh top. Tying her red hair back in a pony tail, she looks in her full-length mirror at the odd tattoo she had gotten while trying to help the Tree Emperor.

What does it mean? She wonders

She jogs downstairs to lead her girls in their morning exercises


Alaina, priestess of Calistria wrote:

Morning all. I am feeling a bit better. The damage seems to be muscular not spinal so I will count that as a win

Alaina wakes up and rolls out of her bed. It has been hard trying to keep track of who is on who's side. It almost made her want to just chuck the whole thing and go back to drinking and dancing. However, there were people counting on her.

She pads to her closet and dresses in bikini, shorts and mesh top. Tying her red hair back in a pony tail, she looks in her full-length mirror at the odd tattoo she had gotten while trying to help the Tree Emperor.

What does it mean? She wonders

She jogs downstairs to lead her girls in their morning exercises

A voice is heard from the grounds outside the Club

It means that the Earth has accepted you. If She had not you would be dead now.

She senses that you are worthy of being a Warden, a protector of Life. Each warden has a unique trait; yours is the combination of Earth and Fire, a Fire Flower. Life and Destruction, but in a circular cycle. Remember the Fire Seed? Fire strengthens you, and the Earth 'grounds' you. Lest you be consumed.

There is a pause, followed by a throaty chuckle as the Emperor gets his own inadvertant joke.


Alaina, priestess of Calistria wrote:

Morning all. I am feeling a bit better. The damage seems to be muscular not spinal so I will count that as a win

Alaina wakes up and rolls out of her bed. It has been hard trying to keep track of who is on who's side. It almost made her want to just chuck the whole thing and go back to drinking and dancing. However, there were people counting on her.

She pads to her closet and dresses in bikini, shorts and mesh top. Tying her red hair back in a pony tail, she looks in her full-length mirror at the odd tattoo she had gotten while trying to help the Tree Emperor.

What does it mean? She wonders

She jogs downstairs to lead her girls in their morning exercises

Agreed - my best friend has had chronic spine trouble, and having seen what he had to go through, I'm glad yours isn't that serious :)

Spoiler:
Depending on how things go at the Oasis (and your availability during the day today, of course), I'm going to try and bring Devlyn back into the Club to get the Magdalena reconciliation underway. With what unfolded the day before, I couldn't see Devlyn staying in his room again, but he knows he can't let the issue just lie. It's what the baddies want, and that's just not his style! ;)


Lynora-Jill comes out of the workshop where she has been hard at work all night. She looks surprisingly well rested considering, and you would guess that she most likely used a restoration spell to make up for the lack of sleep. She is carrying a small box. She first stops to hand something from the box to Jack Hammer, and then approaches Alaina.
Alaina can see that the box is filled with amulets, each formed from a single crystal shaped like an eye. LJ is wearing one around her neck. She hands one to Alaina.

Here, I spent all night making these, and there still aren't nearly as many of them as I would like. As long as you wear this, you will be able to use true seeing whenever you wish. Just concentrate for a moment and that will do it.


lynora-Jill wrote:

Lynora-Jill comes out of the workshop where she has been hard at work all night. She looks surprisingly well rested considering, and you would guess that she most likely used a restoration spell to make up for the lack of sleep. She is carrying a small box. She first stops to hand something from the box to Jack Hammer, and then approaches Alaina.

Alaina can see that the box is filled with amulets, each formed from a single crystal shaped like an eye. LJ is wearing one around her neck. She hands one to Alaina.
Here, I spent all night making these, and there still aren't nearly as many of them as I would like. As long as you wear this, you will be able to use true seeing whenever you wish. Just concentrate for a moment and that will do it.

True Seeing and the occasional X-Ray should help a lot. Thank you.

JH tries the amulet

You know, you are more beautiful than you realize...


Jack Hammer wrote:


True Seeing and the occasional X-Ray should help a lot. Thank you.

JH tries the amulet

You know, you are more beautiful than you realize...

*blush*


She looks at JH with a tender smile, still touched by his unexpected compliment.
I'm going to take these over to the Oasis. Care to join me? Or would you prefer to take some of these over to the Clubhouse while I go to the Oasis?


Alaina takes an amulet.

Thanks Lyn! I'm sure these will most definitely come in handy!

Places it around her slender neck


D-Man:

Spoiler:
I'll be in and out today, and it is still hard to sit still at the keyboard. Magdalena's no fool, and Alaina would have explained the reality of the situation to her. She'll be exercising with Alaina at the pool this morining if you want to say something.


lynora-Jill wrote:

She looks at JH with a tender smile, still touched by his unexpected compliment.

I'm going to take these over to the Oasis. Care to join me? Or would you prefer to take some of these over to the Clubhouse while I go to the Oasis?

What kind of protector would I be if I let you go alone? Besides, we can go for a dip.


Jack Hammer wrote:
lynora-Jill wrote:

She looks at JH with a tender smile, still touched by his unexpected compliment.

I'm going to take these over to the Oasis. Care to join me? Or would you prefer to take some of these over to the Clubhouse while I go to the Oasis?
What kind of protector would I be if I let you go alone? Besides, we can go for a dip.

A swim does sound like a good idea. Alright, we should head over there then. I'll see you later, Alaina. I need to get these to as many of our allies as possible, she says nodding towards the box full of amulets.

LJ and JH head towards the omniportal and head over to the Oasis.


Patrick Curtin wrote:

D-Man:

** spoiler omitted **

Roger that!

Spoiler:
I figured you had to stay mobile, which is why I wanted to run it by you first. Devlyn knows that things have been 'cleared up', but he stills feels some responsibility. 'Big Damn Hero' and all that :P

He'll try to get over there before the evening, unless something else weird comes up.

1,301 to 1,350 of 2,256 << first < prev | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Forum Games / Club Calistria All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.