Club Calistria


Forum Games

601 to 650 of 2,256 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>

No thank you. I like it black. That puts me in mind of a rather risque incident, but I don't suppose you want to hear about that, do you?
You're a good fellow, staying behind like this, to look after an old duffer like me, when I would have thought anyone in armour like you would rather be off fighting, hmm?


Acme wipes the bar's counter.

Lady Alaina wanted someone to keep the hearth fires burning sir. I could be excused from the battle. The last time I stood against the Steel Tsar I was bisected.

Biscotti sir?


You know seeing love birds around such as some of those young things who've gone off to fight makes me quite misty-eyed. I do hope that they come back intact.
A while ago I took care of the only man whom a fortune teller told me that I ever needed to be wary of, although I don't know what all the fuss was about. A cruel sorcerer-king of a mountain realm, but...

At this point, the Oracle is interrupted as the doors fly open. He drops his cup, his face going pale.

You!


The seven foot tall figure stands in the doorway, mace raised.
Me, old man.
The voice reverberates strangely from within the armour, as if the armour were not actually occupied by anything physical.


Acme reacts instantly, dual mini guns sprouting from his shoulders

*BEEP*

You sir are an unauthorized intruder. Leave or be annihalated.

The two circular guns begin to spin up


You fool. No unliving construct may hinder me.
Too long have I waited to be revenged for the battle of Tuln's ridge.

The armoured figure stalks forward, his footfalls tolling like bells on the cub's floor.
The Oracle mumbles some words and flicks a small pellet at the Wraith Lord, but he bats it away with his mace, contemptuously, sending it flying towards the Acme, an expanding net of sticky spiderweb strands.


*BEEP*

The sticky strands envelop Acme in a coccoon

STOP STOP STOP YOU ARE INTRUDING. THIS IS A NEUTRAL ZONE


Heedless of the Acme, or the holes that any stray shots that punch holes right through the armour, without seeming to trouble it at all, the Wraith Lord rushes forward with unnatural speed to deliver a swift, precise, blow to the old man. The old man tries futilely to fend it off with his bare hands but fails. He crumples to the floor.


Warn them of the....

He manages to croak one last partial sentence to the Acme. Then the old man's eyes glaze over, and he lies silent on the floor in a spreading pool of blood. Coffee from the fallen cup begins to drip down onto the floor.


*BEEP!*

SIR!

struggles against the magical bindings but is unsuccessful


Neutral Zone? This is a temple to Callistria, a goddess of trickery and revenge.
What I do, she should regard as an unholy act of homage to her.

The sibilant laughter rings around the room. The armoured figure turns to go. The Acme is able to identify various details of the armour as matching a style which went out of fashion seven hundred and thirty three years ago, when a group of heroes led by a mighty kobold overthrew a tyrant in the Sulwin Mountains.


The Wraith Lord sweeps out of the club, leaving the helpless Acme and the dead oracle behind.
Eventually the magical webbing dissipates, freeing the Acme if he hasn't already worked himself free by then.


"Hey, wreathe lord...."


*Putting his PDF aside, Sunny Godhead proceeds towards the portal*


The wasp flies out of the bathroom, carrying a book.
I came as soon as I...damn.
He goes to the body and checks it.
He's dead. Damn. Who killed him?


*BEEP*

A strange being sir, possibly some sort of undead. I have a recording, I'll beam it to the big screen kareoke by the stage.

Acme replays the scenario for TW, then gathers up the crumpled form of the Oracle.

*BEEP*

I will make sure he is put to rest properly.

Wheels the Oracle out to the meadows. In a shady corner, Acme digs a hole and gently places the Oracle's body within. Covering him up quickly he says a quick robotic prayer over him:

Wing nuts to wing nuts
Rust to rust.

Heads back to the clubhouse. Unnoticed near the new grave is the small patch of disturbed earth where the Tree Emperor planted the Seed that so changed Alaina ...


The Kittens fly back, having lost a third of their numbers to the Defectives.

Liberty's Edge

*wakes up from passed out. Notices he's skinnaked, manform. Puts his clothes back on; shapesift.*

what'd I miss?


A goblin emissary enters, looking around nervously, shivering slightly at the sense of violation of this neutral ground that lingers still in the air. He is looking for the Thieving Wasp, and has some sort of note clutched in one hand. Not seeing the wasp, he approaches the Acme.

Excuse me metal man, is 'Thieving Wasp' in this place?


The Acme points the goblin emissary in the direction of the Thieving Wasp.
The Goblin approaches the Thieving Wasp, and passes it the parchment.

Boss says, give you this.

Thieving Wasp:

Spoiler:
The parchment contains a brief note which reads:
Dear KC/representative,
The headstrong and foolish actions of The Bard have diverted events onto a course where there is a real danger of drawing the attention of the Runelord of Pride to current events; whilst a confrontation may or may not be looming with the dracolich, there is an increasing chance of uncertainty as to the safety of particular items. I would advise you to collect them soon.
They are currently waiting at the Runelord lair, the Runelords Roundtable. I may be absent, but if you are fortunate, the other Runelords will be too, and they will not notice a brief intrusion.
I need a holiday from this sort of scurrying back and forth trying to make sure that the balance of power is restored for the time being.
Your Current Colleague,

The Runelord of Doom.


The Wasp nods to himself, and tucking the note in his pack, hurries to the Runelord Roundtable.


The Wasp flies back.
Lynora! We can't get the Cleaver! Only KC can!
But we cannot get him free without the book. And we can't get that either.


A voice screams in Lynora's mind.
GO TO THE RUNELORDS THREAD!


LJ flies back in clutching the book and the Cleaver.

Okay, I got the book, now what?


lynora-Jill wrote:

LJ flies back in clutching the book and the Cleaver.

Okay, I got the book, now what?

Thieving Wasp nods. Now we gotta contact Kobold Cleaver. Gimme a sec to look it up....


Alaina appears, flying down on Minerva. She alights and walks over to Lynora-Jill. Her body is smidged and dirty, her hair frizzy and ratted. Her whip buzzes like and angry wasp in a jar.

I have been trying to stem the Defectives from advancing, but my wasps are starting to feel the strain. What's going on over here?

Looks to Acme

Where's the Oracle?


*BEEP*

I am sad to report miss that last night during your battle with the Steel Tsar a new evil being appeared and killed him. I had delayed in telling you for fear it would upset you during battle.

The robot looks down, eyes dimming a bit

I was unable to defend your realm, miss, and I am sorry.


Seeing her friend so badly worn from battle, LJ blows a small cleansing and restorative spell to Alaina.
The wasp found the book, and I had to fetch it. Now he's trying to find the spot that will tell us how to restore the kobold. At least, I think that's what he's doing.


lynora-Jill wrote:

Seeing her friend so badly worn from battle, LJ blows a small cleansing and restorative spell to Alaina.

The wasp found the book, and I had to fetch it. Now he's trying to find the spot that will tell us how to restore the kobold. At least, I think that's what he's doing.

No, we mustn't do that. That would free the goddess, and we aren't prepared to deal with that right now.

Ah ah! I found it!
Okay, Lynora, we're gonna go into your mind to contact KC. You ready?
The wasp flies to perch on Lynora's shoulder.


Thieving Wasp wrote:
lynora-Jill wrote:

Seeing her friend so badly worn from battle, LJ blows a small cleansing and restorative spell to Alaina.

The wasp found the book, and I had to fetch it. Now he's trying to find the spot that will tell us how to restore the kobold. At least, I think that's what he's doing.

No, we mustn't do that. That would free the goddess, and we aren't prepared to deal with that right now.

Ah ah! I found it!
Okay, Lynora, we're gonna go into your mind to contact KC. You ready?
The wasp flies to perch on Lynora's shoulder.

Sure. I hope you have better luck with that than me. So far, it's like trying to talk to someone with a bad cell phone connection.


lynora-Jill wrote:

Seeing her friend so badly worn from battle, LJ blows a small cleansing and restorative spell to Alaina.

The wasp found the book, and I had to fetch it. Now he's trying to find the spot that will tell us how to restore the kobold. At least, I think that's what he's doing.

Alaina looks shaken by this and Acme's news. Lynora-Jill's small spell restores Alaina to her fresh-from-the-shower glory. She smiles at her friend and looks at the small wasp.

Do you need my assistance? She inquires


Alaina, priestess of Calistria wrote:

Alaina appears, flying down on Minerva. She alights and walks over to Lynora-Jill. Her body is smidged and dirty, her hair frizzy and ratted. Her whip buzzes like and angry wasp in a jar.

I have been trying to stem the Defectives from advancing, but my wasps are starting to feel the strain. What's going on over here?

Looks to Acme

Where's the Oracle?

Do you need help my lady? I can call a larger army of insects to aid your companions and allies.


lynora-Jill wrote:
Thieving Wasp wrote:
lynora-Jill wrote:

Seeing her friend so badly worn from battle, LJ blows a small cleansing and restorative spell to Alaina.

The wasp found the book, and I had to fetch it. Now he's trying to find the spot that will tell us how to restore the kobold. At least, I think that's what he's doing.

No, we mustn't do that. That would free the goddess, and we aren't prepared to deal with that right now.

Ah ah! I found it!
Okay, Lynora, we're gonna go into your mind to contact KC. You ready?
The wasp flies to perch on Lynora's shoulder.
Sure. I hope you have better luck with that than me. So far, it's like trying to talk to someone with a bad cell phone connection.

This is gonna send us both INTO your mind. Right now, you're just listening from a distance. One moment...

Powers of the Board! send us to commune with the trapped ones! Send us into the Mind!
Mist swirls around the two. Then, suddenly, they are inside Lynora's mind. There is no sight, no sound. Just thought.
To others, something clouds over the expressions of Lynora and Wasp.

"Alright, we're here. Where is the room with KC and the Goddess?"


Thieving Wasp wrote:


This is gonna send us both INTO your mind. Right now, you're just listening from a distance. One moment...
Powers of the Board! send us to commune with the trapped ones! Send us into the Mind!
Mist swirls around the two. Then, suddenly, they are inside Lynora's mind. There is no sight, no sound. Just thought.
To others, something clouds over the expressions of Lynora and Wasp.

"Alright, we're here. Where is the room with KC and the Goddess?"

"Third door on the left. The red one, with all the boards nailed over it. And chains, and iron plating, and...I don't think you can actually tell what color it is any more really."


In the meantime, the goblin minion, starting to feel slightly more at home now is making a nuisance of itself, helping itself to handfuls of peanuts, and flicking the shells at things. It seems to take particular delight in trying to land the shells in any sort of fire source.

'Nuts so yummy, on a table, *CHOMP*, *CHOMP*
I shall eat you as I'm able, *CHOMP*, *CHOMP*
Flick 'em round and at the oven, *CHOMP*, *CHOMP*
Hear 'em pop like a witches' coven. *CHOMP, *CHOMP*, *NOMH*, *BURP*.'


Acme grabs the goblin by the scruff of his neck and 'escorts' him to the omniportal.

*BEEP*

I'm afraid you have outstayed your welcome, sir.

Tosses him through.


Lord of All Insects wrote:
Alaina, priestess of Calistria wrote:

Alaina appears, flying down on Minerva. She alights and walks over to Lynora-Jill. Her body is smidged and dirty, her hair frizzy and ratted. Her whip buzzes like and angry wasp in a jar.

I have been trying to stem the Defectives from advancing, but my wasps are starting to feel the strain. What's going on over here?

Looks to Acme

Where's the Oracle?

Do you need help my lady? I can call a larger army of insects to aid your companions and allies.

Smiles at the Insect Lord.

We can use all the aid we can summon handsome! Head on over to the Roleplaying Thread. The battle still rages ..


Acme Robot wrote:

Acme grabs the goblin by the scruff of his neck and 'escorts' him to the omniportal.

*BEEP*

I'm afraid you have outstayed your welcome, sir.

Tosses him through.

The goblin struggles in a futile manner, helpless in the grip of the Acme.

'Rotten barkeeps, big old meanies,
F.....'
Perhaps it is fortunate that the rest of the goblin's verse is lost in the swirl of the portal.


lynora-Jill wrote:
Thieving Wasp wrote:


This is gonna send us both INTO your mind. Right now, you're just listening from a distance. One moment...
Powers of the Board! send us to commune with the trapped ones! Send us into the Mind!
Mist swirls around the two. Then, suddenly, they are inside Lynora's mind. There is no sight, no sound. Just thought.
To others, something clouds over the expressions of Lynora and Wasp.

"Alright, we're here. Where is the room with KC and the Goddess?"
"Third door on the left. The red one, with all the boards nailed over it. And chains, and iron plating, and...I don't think you can actually tell what color it is any more really."

Something small and green comes scuttling through the gloom.

'Uh, this isn't Baba Yaga's hut any more is it?' the Witch-Hunter General's Flunkie asks.


'Where exactly is this place? One moment, I'm hot on the trail of one of the scariest of all witches on Golarion, and the next I'm here. And, uhh, why exactly are we standing outside a door which someone's tried to keep people out of so very hard?'


The priestess walks slowly and reluctantly toward the door. She had enjoyed every second of freedom from the goddess. She didn't like the possibility of once more finding herself trapped. But she remembered Sunny Godhead's promise of aid and the golden glow that had surrounded her and straightened her shoulders. This time she was determined to keep control of her own body. This time she was going to win.

Liberty's Edge

where's the fight? where's the drag queen lich or whatever?


*BEEP*

Hands the werewoof a Shiner Boch

They are all off to the Roleplaying Thread to fight the Dracolich, Lord Heathansson.

*BEEP*

Hands the Lord a steaming bowl

Beef chow mein sir?

Liberty's Edge

munchmunchmunch
glugglug....

I'll let him waste his buffs on them for a while....
brapp.....AAAAAAAAH.


Very good sir.

Brings out a fresh half-dozen Shiners and lines them up in a row on the bar.


The Witch Hunter General's Flunkie scuttles forward, trying to place himself between Lynora Jill and the door.
Whoa. Now wait a minute lady. I think I saw you at that Club Calistria place, dancing with one of the Jacks the other night, and you don't seem to me to be a bad sort. Where-ever this spooky place is which Baba Yaga has zapped me to, I don't think a good girl like you should be messing with doors like this.
Doors like this... I mean look at the SIGILS on it... look at the WARDS on it... He glances and then hastily averts his eyes. Uh - on second thoughts actually, probably best not to look at them- but doors like this are shut for a reason, and opening them is usually a Very Bad Idea, especially for whomever does it.


Alaina strides up to the werewoof, decked out in stilleto boots, adamantine chainmail bikini and large wasp-colored whip. Her red hair whips in the tropical breeze wafting in from the lagoon.

Lord Heathansson, are you going to join our battle? I was just preparing to depart when I saw you appear.


lynora-Jill wrote:
The priestess walks slowly and reluctantly toward the door. She had enjoyed every second of freedom from the goddess. She didn't like the possibility of once more finding herself trapped. But she remembered Sunny Godhead's promise of aid and the golden glow that had surrounded her and straightened her shoulders. This time she was determined to keep control of her own body. This time she was going to win.

Thieving Wasp follows.

"Alright, now we can only hope that--"
He is cut off by a yell.
"Wasp! It's about time! We don't have long for this, so listen carefully! I am going to hand you each a small vial. Wasp, you shall get the 'vial' containing my power, or as much as I can spare while keeping the wards running. Lynora..."
There is a silence.
"You get the goddess's power."


.... wrote:
lynora-Jill wrote:
The priestess walks slowly and reluctantly toward the door. She had enjoyed every second of freedom from the goddess. She didn't like the possibility of once more finding herself trapped. But she remembered Sunny Godhead's promise of aid and the golden glow that had surrounded her and straightened her shoulders. This time she was determined to keep control of her own body. This time she was going to win.

Thieving Wasp follows.

"Alright, now we can only hope that--"
He is cut off by a yell.
"Wasp! It's about time! We don't have long for this, so listen carefully! I am going to hand you each a small vial. Wasp, you shall get the 'vial' containing my power, or as much as I can spare while keeping the wards running. Lynora..."
There is a silence.
"You get the goddess's power."

There is a long pause.

No. You think I don't know her power inside out? I've been siphoning it for years to use for spells. I repurpose it to do good in the hopes that it would somehow make up for what she does with it. It's never enough. Her power is tainted, evil, it corrupts all who touch it. Find another way, kobold.


Uhh, this does not sound like good stuff going on. No wonder the old crone stuffed me right into the middle of it.

601 to 650 of 2,256 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Forum Games / Club Calistria All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.