Channa Ti, Pathfinder


Legacy of Fire

301 to 349 of 349 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Paizo Employee Franchise Manager

jjaamm wrote:
just found this thread yesterday. before this, not much on threads. that said, i need help in finding the story you speak of. I used to play in the realms in second edition, and I loved the novels that helped bring the world alive too me. than i found pathfinder at my local store after being out of gamming for awhile. than i find out last week Ms. Cunningham didnt write for wotc, and this saddened me since i started reading some of there novels again. than this thread and i was so, so happy. okay its more than that. Im a jitter with emotions, and this site keeps going down and search dont work and im going crazy. please, please i need to read this story. Ive loved Ms. Cunningham's books in the realms and star wars. now a question. im playing in a LOF game, will this story spoil the modules? if so ill wait ,in agonizing pain, till after finished playing. thanks ahead of time for any help.

Elaine's six-part serialized novella, entitled "Dark Tapestry" appears in the Pathfinder's Journal section of Pathfinder Adventure Path issues 19-24. The fiction will not spoil anything from any of the Legacy of Fire adventures. Enjoy, it's a great story!

Contributor

jjaamm wrote:
im playing in a LOF game, will this story spoil the modules?

Not at all. Channa Ti's story, "Dark Tapestry", is set in the same region as the Legacy of Fire adventure path--Katapesh and Osirion--but that is the only point of connection. None of the characters and events intersect. Like other Pathfinder Journal stories, its goal is to illuminate the setting. People who are playing a Legacy of Fire campaign can read the story for local color without fearing spoilers of any kind.


Welcome, Jjaamm.

Liberty's Edge

Elaine's six-part serialized novella, entitled "Dark Tapestry" appears in the Pathfinder's Journal section of Pathfinder Adventure Path issues 19-24. The fiction will not spoil anything from any of the Legacy of Fire adventures. Enjoy, it's a great story!

so I need to buy or borrow the modules, which contain the stories?

Sczarni

Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure, Companion, Lost Omens Subscriber
jjaamm wrote:


so I need to buy or borrow the modules, which contain the stories?

correct

Liberty's Edge

Cpt_kirstov wrote:
jjaamm wrote:


so I need to buy or borrow the modules, which contain the stories?
correct

Thanks!!!!!

Dark Archive

Elaine, I've only received the first two modules so far, but I have to say that I'm really loving the 'Dark Tapestry' and Channa Ti! And, as others have already said, it's great that you have incorporated her Pathfinder Beta abilities as a druid into the story -- it's tricky to mix D&D rules into fiction, but I think you've done it very well here!

And, I hope you will be writing more fiction for Paizo in the future! :)

Contributor

Asgetrion wrote:

Elaine, I've only received the first two modules so far, but I have to say that I'm really loving the 'Dark Tapestry' and Channa Ti! And, as others have already said, it's great that you have incorporated her Pathfinder Beta abilities as a druid into the story -- it's tricky to mix D&D rules into fiction, but I think you've done it very well here!

And, I hope you will be writing more fiction for Paizo in the future! :)

Hi, Asgetrion. Glad to hear you're enjoying Channa Ti's story. I never thought I'd want to write about a druid, but the Pathfinder druid struck me as having intriguing storytelling potential. Several of the races/classes seem ideally suited for fiction. I'm particularly enthusiastic about the new alchemist class.

The Pathfinder Journal feature is planned for at least a year to come (as well it should be.) Dave Gross has written a terrific noir mystery for the next adventure path, and the following six months will be devoted to a story by Jeff Grubb. I don't know much about Jeff's story, but I've loved everything he's written and I'm looking foward to reading this new tale. Paizo is getting a wide range of styles and voices in Pathfinder fiction, which imo is exactly the right approach to take.


Aaargh! No PF #24 still, and not due this week, either.

Contributor

Hi, folks.

I'm going to be mostly offline for a while, so I won't be checking this thread for questions and comments. Many thanks to all who participated and those who took time to stop by and lurk.

Best,
ec


This is whereupon PF #24 unexpectedly arrives here the day after tomorrow...

Hope everything's alright there (much deserved holiday???), and that we see you posting again at some point.


It ended all too soon... (sniff, sniff)

Seriously, it was great having EC posting while we were reading.

Wanders off to find Dave Gross.


Pathfinder Companion Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

*continues working on Channa Ti drawing*


Stands over froggie's right shoulder.

Paizo Employee Franchise Manager

Mairkurion {tm} wrote:
Stands over froggie's right shoulder.

Which side gets the angel and which gets the devil again?


If there was an angel on the boards this early, do you think I'd waste my time watching Hugo draw? And she could choose which ever of my shoulders she liked...

^-


Pathfinde #24 having at last arrived here, I have finally have read the last part of the Channa Ti series.
There are still several things I don't quite understand, so it looks like I may go over everything again another time, before coming back to post here.
Thanks, Elaine, though, for this mini series (at least I hope that's an appropriate term for it).


I wanted to add that I have greatly enjoyed the trials of Channa Ti, Pathfinder. Reading these Pathfinder Journals makes me hope that you are planning on a Channa Ti book at some point. She's a very interesting character, especially her personality and outlook on life and her circumstances.

[impatience] Oh! Butterfrog! When are we going to get to see that Channa Ti pic!? [/impatience]


Okay, still several things I'm not clear on, at the top of the list being:

Spoiler:
Is that actually Gham who shows up in the last installment, a grandson (or other relation) who happens to look like him (and is therefore Lapis' brother/uncle/cousin), or just someone who for some other reason resembles him?

This one affects any other questions I may have.

Paizo Employee Franchise Manager

Charles Evans 25 wrote:

Okay, still several things I'm not clear on, at the top of the list being: ** spoiler omitted **

This one affects any other questions I may have.

Spoiler:
Its Gham's brother, who was presumed lost at sea when they last went out to follow the map.
Contributor

yoda8myhead wrote:
Charles Evans 25 wrote:

Okay, still several things I'm not clear on, at the top of the list being: ** spoiler omitted **

This one affects any other questions I may have.
** spoiler omitted **

Actually, that was Gham's cousin, not his brother.

Glad to hear you enjoyed the story, Charles. I hope the final episode was able to tie up all the loose threads for you.

I'm dictating this post using Dragon Naturally Speaking software, so if this seems a little stilted and odd its because I just downloaded the software tonight and I'm trying to get used to speaking instead of typing. This is part of my new efficiency program. I'm trying new methods of writing, hoping this makes the writing process faster and more fluid. :)

Contributor

Yasha0006 wrote:
I wanted to add that I have greatly enjoyed the trials of Channa Ti, Pathfinder. Reading these Pathfinder Journals makes me hope that you are planning on a Channa Ti book at some point. She's a very interesting character, especially her personality and outlook on life and her circumstances.

Hi, Yasha.

Thanks for the kind words. Glad to hear you've enjoyed Channa's story.

At this time, I'm not planning to write a book about Channa. I planned her character arc to fit a novella, and in all candor I don't have a book length plot in mind for her. I would like to revisit Channa, but probably in a short story. For a book length project, I'd be more interested in exploring Golarion elves.

Whoa. The first time I said "Golarion", the voice recognition software thought I said "the Larry in spells". I suspect this process is going to have a fairly steep learning curve.


Elaine Cunningham wrote:
yoda8myhead wrote:
Charles Evans 25 wrote:

Okay, still several things I'm not clear on, at the top of the list being: ** spoiler omitted **

This one affects any other questions I may have.
** spoiler omitted **

Actually, that was Gham's cousin, not his brother.

Glad to hear you enjoyed the story, Charles. I hope the final episode was able to tie up all the loose threads for you.

I'm dictating this post using Dragon Naturally Speaking software, so if this seems a little stilted and odd its because I just downloaded the software tonight and I'm trying to get used to speaking instead of typing. This is part of my new efficiency program. I'm trying new methods of writing, hoping this makes the writing process faster and more fluid. :)

So behind the scenes:

Spoiler:
Are you saying Gham was killed off by his cousin, whom Gham didn't know was a Night Herald? (Which at least might explain how someone was able to get so close to a Pathfinder venture captain to take them out without raising suspicions). And yet Lapis (later) does know that he is a Night Herald, but omits to mention this (for her own reasons; maybe 'trust nobody'?) to Channa Ti?

With regard to greater efficiency of typing, I've been veeeeerrrry slowly working my way through a touch typing course, and am now something like two thirds of the way through after about two years of on and off frustrations.... :D
Oh, and Lilith is taking submissions for Wayfinder #2 if you have the time or interest to write fan fiction. I think she's looking for 'Golarion Cookbook' contributions too, along with side trek ideas, NPCs, and artists/illustrators. ;)

Contributor

Charles Evans 25 wrote:
[ Oh, and Lilith is taking submissions for Wayfinder #2 if you have the time or interest to write fan fiction. I think she's looking for 'Golarion Cookbook' contributions too, along with side trek ideas, NPCs, and artists/illustrators. ;) [/ooc]

You know, I thought about writing a Channa Ti short story to submit to Wayfinder. There are two artists working on portraits of Channa and a story/art combination struck me as a good way to feature their efforts. I even ran the idea past Paizo editors. But then things suddenly got very busy, so I won't be writing just-for-fun short fiction for quite some time to come.

Dark Archive

Elaine Cunningham wrote:
Charles Evans 25 wrote:
[ Oh, and Lilith is taking submissions for Wayfinder #2 if you have the time or interest to write fan fiction. I think she's looking for 'Golarion Cookbook' contributions too, along with side trek ideas, NPCs, and artists/illustrators. ;) [/ooc]
You know, I thought about writing a Channa Ti short story to submit to Wayfinder. There are two artists working on portraits of Channa and a story/art combination struck me as a good way to feature their efforts. I even ran the idea past Paizo editors. But then things suddenly got very busy, so I won't be writing just-for-fun short fiction for quite some time to come.

Maybe you'll make it into Wayfinder #3? It would be great to read more about Channa's adventures! :)

Contributor

Asgetrion wrote:
Maybe you'll make it into Wayfinder #3? It would be great to read more about Channa's adventures! :)

Hard to say. If Wayfinder #3 comes out in three months, probably not. And once the dust settles and I DO have time for just-for-fun projects, there's no guarantee that the resulting story will fit the editors' needs and tastes.

About that. I recently joined the editorial staff of a quarterly flash fiction magazine. We're supposed to sign in to the editorial board once a week and vote on the new submisions posted there. It has been eye-opening. The spectrum of editorial tastes and opinions is incredibly broad. Knowing this, submitting stories feel even more of a crap shoot than it did before.


Elaine Cunningham wrote:
You know, I thought about writing a Channa Ti short story to submit to Wayfinder. There are two artists working on portraits of Channa and a story/art combination struck me as a good way to feature their efforts. I even ran the idea past Paizo editors. But then things suddenly got very busy, so I won't be writing just-for-fun short fiction for quite some time to come.

OH! I wish you hadn't told us that!


Elaine Cunningham wrote:
yoda8myhead wrote:
Charles Evans 25 wrote:

Okay, still several things I'm not clear on, at the top of the list being: ** spoiler omitted **

This one affects any other questions I may have.
** spoiler omitted **

Actually, that was Gham's cousin, not his brother.

Glad to hear you enjoyed the story, Charles. I hope the final episode was able to tie up all the loose threads for you.

I'm dictating this post using Dragon Naturally Speaking software, so if this seems a little stilted and odd its because I just downloaded the software tonight and I'm trying to get used to speaking instead of typing. This is part of my new efficiency program. I'm trying new methods of writing, hoping this makes the writing process faster and more fluid. :)

So he was the one with Gham on the ship when it went down all those years before?

If so, like Saruman in the Lord of the Rings arc, has he become corrupted over time by the 'Lure of Expedience*', so despite having helped hide the reliquary years earlier, he now wanted it back in play for some purpose of his own?

* Yes, I know that was the name of a card from the Middle-Earth: the Wizards collectible card game by Iron Crown Enterprises back in the 1990's but they had some very nice concepts and turns of phrase I still occasionally recall and use... :)


Pathfinder Companion Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
Elaine Cunningham wrote:
Asgetrion wrote:
Maybe you'll make it into Wayfinder #3? It would be great to read more about Channa's adventures! :)

Hard to say. If Wayfinder #3 comes out in three months, probably not. And once the dust settles and I DO have time for just-for-fun projects, there's no guarantee that the resulting story will fit the editors' needs and tastes.

Believe me, whatever you submit, we'll make sure to make it appear, and if its Channa Ti-related, I'll inlcude the coming drawing of her ;)

We would LOVE to have you on Wayfinder ·2! (or 3, or 4...)

Contributor

Charles Evans 25 wrote:

So he was the one with Gham on the ship when it went down all those years before?

If so, like Saruman in the Lord of the Rings arc, has he become corrupted over time by the 'Lure of Expedience*', so despite having helped hide the reliquary years earlier, he now wanted it back in play for some purpose of his own?

Yes and yes. :)

Contributor

Hugo Solis wrote:
Elaine Cunningham wrote:
Asgetrion wrote:
Maybe you'll make it into Wayfinder #3? It would be great to read more about Channa's adventures! :)

Hard to say. If Wayfinder #3 comes out in three months, probably not. And once the dust settles and I DO have time for just-for-fun projects, there's no guarantee that the resulting story will fit the editors' needs and tastes.

Believe me, whatever you submit, we'll make sure to make it appear, and if its Channa Ti-related, I'll inlcude the coming drawing of her ;)

We would LOVE to have you on Wayfinder ·2! (or 3, or 4...)

Hi, Hugo. I think it will probably be a few issues down the line before I'm able to submit something, but I'm keeping it in mind. :)


I will say that I'm intrigued by the possibilities of the very open-ending to the last chapter of the current arc in Pathfinder #24, where it's still not absolutely certain who Lapis/Tannabit is working for? She says to Channa Ti she's working for the Pathfinders and is a venture captain, and Lapis/Tannabit is certainly in a position to have said to the Pathfinders 'this is who killed Gham Banni, here are the heads of those who were involved', but if she's first and foremost a night-herald... well she just successfully attained what their original goal was in the first place, if I understand correctly - summon Tychilarius and stick him in the stone. True, she tells Channa Ti she doesn't have the stone now, but Lapis/Tannabit knows exactly where the stone is, and she can go and pick it up any time the night heralds want/need it, if she's working for them.
Channa Ti having lost consciousness half way through the fight leaves all sorts of interesting possibilities open...

Contributor

Charles Evans 25 wrote:

I will say that I'm intrigued by the possibilities of the very open-ending to the last chapter of the current arc in Pathfinder #24, where it's still not absolutely certain who Lapis/Tannabit is working for? She says to Channa Ti she's working for the Pathfinders and is a venture captain, and Lapis/Tannabit is certainly in a position to have said to the Pathfinders 'this is who killed Gham Banni, here are the heads of those who were involved', but if she's first and foremost a night-herald... well she just successfully attained what their original goal was in the first place, if I understand correctly - summon Tychilarius and stick him in the stone. True, she tells Channa Ti she doesn't have the stone now, but Lapis/Tannabit knows exactly where the stone is, and she can go and pick it up any time the night heralds want/need it, if she's working for them.

Channa Ti having lost consciousness half way through the fight leaves all sorts of interesting possibilities open...

Charles, you have a twisted and devious mind. :)


(edited)
Actually if Lapis/Tannabit is either a Night Herald or has been playing both ends against the middle (ie she is playing a double game as both Night Herald and Pathfinder to further her own goals), it would start to make more sense to me why the Night Heralds would allow the situation where Vanir hired Channa Ti to follow the scroll to develop. Lapis/Tannabit could have told them 'let me handle getting someone to retrieve the reliquary' and sent the scroll and fake letter from her grandfather to Vanir, figuring that Channa Ti would help her get her revenge on the one responsible for killing her grandfather. (Even if she is a Night Herald, it doesn't preclude that Lapis/Tannabit could love/respect Gham and want to engineer the downfall of a nominal ally or superior responsible for his death.)


Elaine Cunningham wrote:
Charles Evans 25 wrote:

I will say that I'm intrigued by the possibilities of the very open-ending to the last chapter of the current arc in Pathfinder #24, where it's still not absolutely certain who Lapis/Tannabit is working for? She says to Channa Ti she's working for the Pathfinders and is a venture captain, and Lapis/Tannabit is certainly in a position to have said to the Pathfinders 'this is who killed Gham Banni, here are the heads of those who were involved', but if she's first and foremost a night-herald... well she just successfully attained what their original goal was in the first place, if I understand correctly - summon Tychilarius and stick him in the stone. True, she tells Channa Ti she doesn't have the stone now, but Lapis/Tannabit knows exactly where the stone is, and she can go and pick it up any time the night heralds want/need it, if she's working for them.

Channa Ti having lost consciousness half way through the fight leaves all sorts of interesting possibilities open...
Charles, you have a twisted and devious mind. :)

Why, thank-you. :)


Elaine:
So how did that article for the River Kingdoms turn out which you mention in your profile at the time of my posting this? And do you have permission from Erik to tello us about any future Channa Ti products which may be forthcoming? (Paizo keep dropping hints all over the place about novels).

Hope that your Christmas went well.

The dates for PaizoCon Uk are now confirmed as 17th & 18th July 2010 at the same venue as last year (with balti trip on the evening of the 16th for early arrivals).

Contributor

Charles Evans 25 wrote:

Elaine:

So how did that article for the River Kingdoms turn out which you mention in your profile at the time of my posting this? And do you have permission from Erik to tello us about any future Channa Ti products which may be forthcoming? (Paizo keep dropping hints all over the place about novels).

Hope that your Christmas went well.

The dates for PaizoCon Uk are now confirmed as 17th & 18th July 2010 at the same venue as last year (with balti trip on the evening of the 16th for early arrivals).

Hi, Charles.

The folks at Paizo seemed happy with the River Kingdom article. Hymbria is a small forest enclave of elves, but not the sort of elves who are interested in communing with birch trees or dancing in the starlight.

There are no plans for a Channa Ti novel at this time. I'm very fond of Channa, but I would prefer to explore new characters and settings in a novel-length story.

It doesn't look as if I'll be getting to PaizoCon UK this year. 2010 is shaping up to be a crazy year, and I'll be doing well if I get to GenCon Indy and possibly one other con. Next year I hope to venture farther afield.


Elaine Cunningham wrote:
Charles Evans 25 wrote:

Elaine:

So how did that article for the River Kingdoms turn out which you mention in your profile at the time of my posting this? And do you have permission from Erik to tello us about any future Channa Ti products which may be forthcoming? (Paizo keep dropping hints all over the place about novels).

Hope that your Christmas went well.

The dates for PaizoCon Uk are now confirmed as 17th & 18th July 2010 at the same venue as last year (with balti trip on the evening of the 16th for early arrivals).

Hi, Charles.

The folks at Paizo seemed happy with the River Kingdom article. Hymbria is a small forest enclave of elves, but not the sort of elves who are interested in communing with birch trees or dancing in the starlight.

There are no plans for a Channa Ti novel at this time. I'm very fond of Channa, but I would prefer to explore new characters and settings in a novel-length story.

It doesn't look as if I'll be getting to PaizoCon UK this year. 2010 is shaping up to be a crazy year, and I'll be doing well if I get to GenCon Indy and possibly one other con. Next year I hope to venture farther afield.

Hmm. Well crazy can be good, or it can be bad and stressful - I hope it's the former kind. :)

I gather Butterfrog's Channa Ti illustration may end up as the cover girl for Wayfinder #2, although he's being very secretive about it.

Sczarni

Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure, Companion, Lost Omens Subscriber

*cough* facebook is your friend sometimes*cough* Elaine's facebook status yesterday was:

" Elaine Cunningham will be writing a Channa Ti short story for the May issue of WAYFINDER. :)"

I havn't been able to sleep since!

Paizo Employee Franchise Manager

Cpt_kirstov wrote:


" Elaine Cunningham will be writing a Channa Ti short story for the May issue of WAYFINDER. :)"

I am excited for this as well. I hope Lilith gives her an extra-long word count!

Dark Archive

yoda8myhead wrote:
Cpt_kirstov wrote:


" Elaine Cunningham will be writing a Channa Ti short story for the May issue of WAYFINDER. :)"
I am excited for this as well. I hope Lilith gives her an extra-long word count!

+1! Hmmm... maybe I need to get a Facebook account as well? :)

Liberty's Edge

Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
Cpt_kirstov wrote:


" Elaine Cunningham will be writing a Channa Ti short story for the May issue of WAYFINDER. :)"

Ooh, nice to know. Looking forward to reading more!


YAY Elaine!

Contributor

yoda8myhead wrote:
I hope Lilith gives her an extra-long word count!

I was thinking in terms of a very short story, almost flash fiction length--1500-2500 words--to keep it in line with the usual article length. And that's all the thinking I've done so far. A 2/15 deadline is keeping me occupied. I'll hit the short story in late February.


Pathfinder Companion Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

*revives thread*

Here it goes, fan art Channa Ti


And I say again, YAY!

Can't wait to read the story. Wonder when they're shipping out?

The Exchange

Nice work Hugo! I can't wait to read the micro-fiction, Elaine!


Pathfinder Companion Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

There is a Channa Ti micro fiction (4 pages) on Wayfinder 3. IIRC this is the story Elaine is talking about. The WF3 PDF should be released this week

301 to 349 of 349 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Pathfinder / Pathfinder Adventure Path / Legacy of Fire / Channa Ti, Pathfinder All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.
Recent threads in Legacy of Fire