The Roleplaying Game


Forum Games

401 to 450 of 1,213 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>

The Steel Tsar wrote:

The Steel Tsar spots the winged form of Lynora-Jill attempting to reach Malice Jack. He swings his buzzsaw hand over one of her wings

DIE!!!

Busy healing her burns, she doesn't see the blow coming, and the buzzsaw slices into her wing. She screams in pain.


JH sees the beast's gaze shift to his fallen comrade and his healer. He dives in front of the buzzsaw and is cut deeply in his midsection. The wound oozes green and begins to close.


Annoyed by the goblin song, someone on one side of the battle tosses a fireball in their direction, just as they are opening their voices to croak out another garbled verse.
Mercifully the song is cut short.
One manages to drag his fallen comrade back to the Runelord, and they all disappear from the field of battle.


Suddenly a buzzing shreik echoes down. Alaina, eyes aglow swoops down on The Steel Tsar, wrapping her wasp whip around his horned helmet.

AYAYAYAYAYA!

She screams

The construct is blown backwards, landing prone by some odd barrels


Seeing the tide of the battle with the behemoth turn the Emperor casts Mass Cure Critical Wounds to aid them.


His hammer having absorbed the Tsar's flames that came too close it again glows bright red. The heat is too much. It must be released. Jack Hammer directs it and shrouds the Tsar in its own flame.


The Steel Tsar rises to his feet. His armor hangs in dented ruin. His buzzsaws still whirr fast, but there is a squeal of metal scraping metal. He pauses to look at the Jacks and turns to leave the field. The Defectives swarm around his lumbering form, advancing to protect their general.

JH's fire wraps him as he retreats, but the Tsar doesn't slow


I'm gonna have to bail soon, maybe wrap up this skirmish?


The preistess breathes a sigh of relief as the positive energy flows through her. Now that the behemoth is distracted, no matter how temporarily, she is able to get to Malice Jack. She grabs his severed arm, shoves it into place and casts repair critical wounds.


With the crump of a delayed blast fireball, the oil drum explodes, sending slippery, burning oil under foot, in a wide spread around where the barrel was positioned.


Malice looks up at his winged savior

We've gotta stop meeting like this .. He mumbles


Patrick Curtin wrote:
I'm gonna have to bail soon, maybe wrap up this skirmish?

Sounds good, BSG is going to start in 15 minutes.


The Winds are building in power. Alderyk directs two blasting currents of Wind at the ST. They come at it from to the sides of the Jacks and their allies, leaving them untouched, but then striking the thing on the sides, in a broad "V" pattern. Alderyk aims to slow ST's arms in their strikings and blow him backwards.


The battle rages on, but the Tsar has retreated. Battered but undefeated, it is a surety he will once again take the field


Alaina jumps down to assist Lynora-Jill

Quick Lyn! We can get him stabilized!

Casts heal on Malice


The treant eyes the retreat of the enemy with suspicion. This was just a fraction of the enemy's power. He extinguishes the burning oil after the Defectives have retreated thru it. Wouldn't want them to not have something to remember this battle by...


Alaina, priestess of Calistria wrote:

Alaina jumps down to assist Lynora-Jill

Quick Lyn! We can get him stabilized!

Casts heal on Malice

I reattached the arm wit repair critical, so that heal should get him back on his feet


*Disheartened that the Tsar escaped, he takes his frustrations out on the remaining Defectives*


The slender dryad moves to JH

Earth Champion, let me heal you ..

She runs her hands over his wounds, sealing them with her eldritch power.


LJ quickly checks to make sure that the rest of her friends are alright, providing healing where needed.


Malice staggers to his feet, grabbing his M16

I HATE that fncker! He bellows


Alaina, priestess of Calistria wrote:

Alaina jumps down to assist Lynora-Jill

Quick Lyn! We can get him stabilized!

Casts heal on Malice

Seeing the fire Flower trying the wrong spell the treant casts the Repair version of the spell on the golem.

Man of Metal, Man of Grain.
Let this old one ease your pain.
Metal split now you knit!

EDIT: Ninja'd


Malice Jack wrote:

Malice staggers to his feet, grabbing his M16

I HATE that fncker! He bellows

Don't worry, old friend. We're going to make him pay dearly for what he's done.


The Grey Mouser and Fafhrd fight on, hewing through an endless sea of Defectives


I'm proud of you. You fought well today. We could never have stood against him without you, she says quietly to JH, with a smile.


Spring Sapling wrote:

The slender dryad moves to JH

Earth Champion, let me heal you ..

She runs her hands over his wounds, sealing them with her eldritch power.

Thank you. For that and for helping us.

Do I know you? You seem familiar.


lynora-Jill wrote:
I'm proud of you. You fought well today. We could never have stood against him without you, she says quietly to JH, with a smile.

Are you OK? I tried to stop him....


Jack Hammer wrote:

..

Thank you. For that and for helping us.

Do I know you? You seem familiar.

The slender girl smiles shyly

All of Earth's Children are connected by their roots. You also know my Grandfather the Tree Emperor. Points to Emperor7


Jack Hammer wrote:
lynora-Jill wrote:
I'm proud of you. You fought well today. We could never have stood against him without you, she says quietly to JH, with a smile.
Are you OK? I tried to stop him....

You did exactly as you should have. I'm fine. The treant healed my wing. I will simply have to learn to ward myself better. Sometimes in the heat of battle I am so intent on protecting everyone else, I forget to make sufficient shields for myself.


131 posts (by my count) in two hours! SCHWING!


Patrick Curtin wrote:
131 posts (by my count) in two hours! SCHWING!

And we didn't kill the server!


Patrick Curtin wrote:
131 posts (by my count) in two hours! SCHWING!

You'll catch up with Heathansson maybe if you keep this up, twenty four hours a day, seven days a week, and he takes a break... :)


Garydee wrote:
Patrick Curtin wrote:
131 posts (by my count) in two hours! SCHWING!
And we didn't kill the server!

:w00t::!:


You can't catch the Werewoof, he's too sneaky..


Spring Sapling wrote:
Jack Hammer wrote:

..

Thank you. For that and for helping us.

Do I know you? You seem familiar.

The slender girl smiles shyly

All of Earth's Children are connected by their roots. You also know my Grandfather the Tree Emperor. Points to Emperor7

That would explain the familiar touch. Thank you again.

turning to lynora-Jill

What were you doing, getting so close to that beast!? We are soldiers...but...so are you...

I'm sorry. You followed your heart. It is what we Jacks do.


good stock, good battle, good night. Woo hoo!


Jack Hammer wrote:


turning to lynora-Jill

What were you doing, getting so close to that beast!? We are soldiers...but...so are you...

I'm sorry. You followed your heart. It is what we Jacks do.

I would have been too afraid to go into battle before, but my heart belongs to you, and goes where you do. I cannot stand back and allow harm to come to my fellow Jacks even if that means I have to stand in harms way. She smiles and touches his cheek But I will try to be more careful.


Good night all. This was fun! :)


The battle rages on, into the night. Hundreds on Kittens are dead by the time that the Defectives are all, at last, dead. Dead eagles, kittens, and Defectives litter the ground.
A battle has been won. But things have not yet begun to be bad.


To the rear of the immense Defective encampment, hammers ring out in a cacophonous choir. Dozens of kobolds, duergar and fiendish warforged labor over the Steel Tsar. The damage he sustained from the Jacks was massive, and the armorwrights are sorley pressed to repair his many injuries.

The black-armored behemoth stands unnaturally still, the only sign of life the red flames issuing from his hollow eye sockets. The fiercely grimacing mustachioed face his faceplace was impressed with seems to sneer in the flickering forge flames.


... wrote:

The Grey Mouser and Fafhrd fight on, hewing through an endless sea of Defectives

Sorry about having to leave like that, my friends decided it was game night at their place. Please act like The Bard, Rio, and Kiba have been active at a different part of the fight.

*As the Grey Mouser and Fafhrd are about overwhelmed by the Defective, a mass of tribbles followed by a large wolf-like human wielding a massive earthbreaker plow into their ranks, scattering them*
"Tis' a grand fight eh friends?"


Suddenly, one of the kobolds pulls out a strange device which feels cold to the touch and sticks it on the Tsar.
It's a powerful technological item made from dry ice encased in a special casing. It's designed to temporarily shut him down (the kobold's betting on the Tsar being vulnerable to cold).
He then pulls out a specially enhanced pistol in each hand and starts firing at the workers.


*Finally making it to Lynora-jill and JH's side of the battle, he stops to take a breath. He appear to have been fighting hard, for he is covered in blood, some of which is his own. Upoun noticing he's wounded, he explains*

"Don't worry about me, I've only been saving my power."

The Exchange

Looks around at the mud the blood and the beer.

"I leave for a week and you people made a major stain in the carpet. Who is going to get this cleaned?"


.... wrote:

Suddenly, one of the kobolds pulls out a strange device which feels cold to the touch and sticks it on the Tsar.

It's a powerful technological item made from dry ice encased in a special casing. It's designed to temporarily shut him down (the kobold's betting on the Tsar being vulnerable to cold).
He then pulls out a specially enhanced pistol in each hand and starts firing at the workers.

*His eyes glow, and he looks toward the enemy encampment*

"It would seem I have arrived just in time to help finish the Tsar..."
*Water flows around him, before taking the form of a surfboard. It floats about 3ft. in the air and zips off when he hops on. He begins to fling small shards of ice at all but the gun-slinging kobold... and attempts to cruch the Tsar with a giant mace-shaped block of ice. He smashes the Tsar over and over, all the while helping the lone kobold.*


'Tripping hither, tripping thither,
No one knows quite why or whither,
We must dance or we must sing,
As we kill foes for first king.'

A gaggle of goblins singing off-key emerge to surround the renegade kobold worker, and drag him down, kicking, scratching, and biting. One of the goblins produces a clockwork device emblazoned with the Sihedron Rune of the Rune of Greed, and slaps it onto the kobold worker's device so that now the Steel Tsar will be instead be protected as if by a fire-shield against all cold and ice attacks.
So a valiant attempt to sabotage the Steel Tsar is in fact turned to make him more formidable...


'United we stand, divided we fall,
So comes the night to cover us all,
A champion comes, but stands on his own,
Huzzah for a chance to cut him to the bone!

More Goblins emerge, with wands of frost with which they menace the bard sending a criss-crossing web or rays shotting crazily all around him. One of the goblins is carrying a tube, into which another one loads an ominous sphere, black with the darkest of ice...


The Eighth Runelord wrote:

'United we stand, divided we fall,

So comes the night to cover us all,
A champion comes, but stands on his own,
Huzzah for a chance to cut him to the bone!

More Goblins emerge, with wands of frost with which they menace the bard sending a criss-crossing web or rays shotting crazily all around him. One of the goblins is carrying a tube, into which another one loads an ominous sphere, black with the darkest of ice...

*Blue light emanates from The Bard, and ice shards fly at the goblins and 8th. While the attacks of the goblins fail and they die, 8th seems untouched. The Bard turns to face him.*

"Do you really want to fight me all alone?"
*His robes become a tight-fitting black battle suit as he steps from his board.*
"You should know, I'm very fast."


Meepo slaps a different object on top of the other two, which renders the rune useless.


Dying, the goblin with the tube pulls a switch, mumbling
'The bardey wardey in the sky,
who cannot rhyme is gonna dieeeee....
urk.'
The sphere flies forth....

Ranged touch attack, 1d20+2=14 Darn. So much for goblin marskmanship.
... and sails harmlessly past the Bard to hit a random passing seagull and drop it to the ground to smash, frozen solid.
Meanwhile, the Runelord is watching from somewhere a couple of planes away, not having actually appeared on the field of battle, but having merely sent goblins to test the heroes.

401 to 450 of 1,213 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Forum Games / The Roleplaying Game All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.